Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Kill The Slanderers! [PotK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Office of the Bakufuu Security Agency said:
To whom it may concern:

A shinobi of Kumogakure is requested for an investigation and interdiction. Within the past few months, Count Zerotsuki of Ginza has been subjected to a series of inflammatory, malicious, and utterly fallacious printed accusations of criminal activity which I shall not dignify by putting to printed word. So far we have been unable to find the location of the printing press that is producing these slanderous posters and so we will require the services of a shinobi agent to find the source and destroy it. The agent will be compensated at the standard contractual rate minus the Raikage’s tithe.

-Tokugawa Mizuki, Margrave
Director, Bakufuu Security Agency

After careful consideration, the contract had been assigned to one Kizoku Shindou, who on paper was “merely” a trainee in the ANBU, but in reality was one of the more experienced shinobi of his generation, and thus possessed of that certain hard-boiled detective’s edge that this assignment demanded. Younger and dumber shinobi would easily blow this one – a grizzled veteran of the Demon War, not so much.

At the gates, The Margrave waited patiently for this one’s arrival. So far, Takaki’s men had proven their collective worth, and he hoped that this one would be no different. As he looked around, his eyes caught a glimpse of a female Deathwatch member briefing another group of shinobi, presumably out on a mission. Business in Cloud had picked up tremendously, even though it was a time of “peace” nationwide. Mizuki snorted at that thought. Peacetime was merely war without massed armies on the field. It was a time for shinobi conflict and more bloodshed.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Malicious wind blew and a shinobi walked toward the gates. Snow from the floor blew upwards as it snowed harder from above. The time to leave Kumogakure could not have happened on a worse day. The days journey to his destination would feel like an eternity do to the harsh weather that has always been represented in the Lightning Village. Shindou made it all the way to the wall and the reflection from the light emitting from his eyes could be reflected off the snow. The abilities that he has received from obtaining the byakugan was extraordinary. He was able to view life in a whole new perspective. Life used to be dull and lifeless but now he could see things that not many people can see; birds flying high in the sky farther then normal eyes could see, and butterflies hatching out of their cocoons after their long slumbers.

Shindou was on a mission where his skills were needed. It was his job to find the location of a printing press and destroy it. This was a normal mission given to him so he didn't bring his mask with him this time. The old veteran was ready for some real actions and he wanted to test out his new abilities.

211 word

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Margrave adjusted the collar on his greatcoat in an attempt to prevent the frost in the air from biting at his neck as he waited for the shinobi agent to show up. Kumo’s weather was always cold and crappy, which was to be expected since the village was located on an inhospitable mountain plateau surrounded by impenetrable natural barriers. Raiden’s eye, in contrast, was located at the bottom of a valley closer to sea level, and thus enjoyed a mild climate with little seasonal change - which was why all of his subordinates had given Mizuki strange looks when he had said he would go to Cloud personally to conduct recruitment and deliver briefings.

What the others at the BSA did not realize was that with shinobi, personal contact and assessment was everything. Shinobi were not a homogenous group by any means – not only did they have difference levels of personal competence and even basic literacy, but their stated military ranks often meant little. A chuunin could be more combat-capable than a jounin, an ANBU trainee more intelligent than a Buntaichou. Similarly, a sennin of a branch could be a total incompetent, whereas a genin could be directing his or her own nationwide smuggling ring. Of course, given that perhaps ninety-five percent of the inhabitants of Lightning Country had never beheld a shinobi, much less believed they actually existed, having that knowledge basically made the Margrave an expert on shinobi by default. The Chancellor depended on his skills, especially in this time of turmoil, and thus he was ready to make any sacrifices necessary, especially a bit of cold weather.

At the appointed time, his shinobi contact appeared. Mizuki’s first reaction was to gasp involuntarily as he beheld the scarred, burned matrix that made up half the man’s face. The Council hadn’t been lying when they said that Kizoku Shindou was a grizzled veteran. Fortunately, this was the type of operator that was needed for the task at hand – a professional with the heart of a detective. The Margrave turned to greet the shinobi.
Hugue_Av_zps6dd5daaf.jpg

1I3I9.png
“Greetings, Agent Kizoku. I am Tokugawa Mizuki, Director of the Bakufuu Security Agency and Margrave in the Council of Nobles. I am sure that you wish to get out of the cold here, so I will be brief for both our sakes,” said Mizuki, bowing.

“Your mission is to find and neutralize the source of a series of inflammatory printed accusations against Count Zerotsuki of Ginza, who is a staunch supporter of His Majesty Shogun Shiranai and Chancellor Tachibana. Someone, or perhaps, some organization, is spreading slanderous lies against the Count accusing him of engaging in human trafficking, specifically the purchasing and distribution of young women to perverts and other miscreants who abuse, maim, and even kill the girls for their own sick enjoyment.

“Let me be perfectly clear on one thing – Lightning Country law allows indentured servitude provided the transaction is consensual between a potential contract holder and the contractee. Your Academy does this all the time when it buys ownership of children with chakra potential from their parents. The slander against Count Zerotsuki is not that he purchases the young women – the slander is that he in turn knowingly resells them to individuals who mean to do them harm, which is unlawful. The official reality is that the Count is a philanthropist who out of the kindness of his own heart rescues impoverished young women from lives of misery and sends them to receive education and job training. For some group to accuse him of abusing the very women he seeks to help is utterly outrageous, so we have to stop these lies before they get out of hand.

"Your mission will take place in Kelmura, which is the sister city of Port Cirrus and located southwest of here. We at the BSA believe that there is a single printing press responsible for producing the slanderous materials, but we have been unable to locate it within the dense ghettos of the city. That is where you come in. Your job will be to conduct an investigation on the ground, locate the press, and then neutralize it with any means necessary. If you can find out who is actually responsible for making these allegations, all the better, but for now, we believe that destroying the press will send a sufficient message to the community.

"As always, discretion and investigative sense will be key to your mission. If you storm in there announcing that you are a shinobi of Kumogakure, of course the locals will only lead you to dead ends. But then again, you were selected for this mission because of your experience, unlike some of the younger candidates. I expect great results from you, son of Takao the Mad. Do you have any questions?"

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou has appeared before his contact and he knew he was puzzled by Shindou's appearance. Having half of your face burnt and then having it repaired by your younger mednin brother would leave some scars. The gentleman bowed politely to Shindou so out of courtesy he has done the same. Greetings Mizuki-san. There is no escaping the cold for me now, I have a day long journey.

He understood the importance of the mission and knew the objective completely fine. It was to stop locate a printing press and destroying it because it makes our shogun look bad. An attack on freedom of speech is what it really is but in our era in time there is no such freedom. The mission was debriefed but this fellow persisted with more unnecessary information and one particular piece that stuck out is that Kumogakure buys children that shows capabilities of controlling chakra. This bothered Shindou because he thought parents sign there children up for the Academy voluntarily. Children being bought to join the shinobi ranks seemed a bit cruel. I would see that the slandering stops, if the Count is as kind as you perceive him to be then we have to stop this at once.

Higher ranked officials tend to be apart of human trafficking rings and even partake in having sex with prostitutes from time to time. The allegations against the Count would cross Shindou's mind one bit. I will take my leave, I believe I have enough information on the matter.

463 words total/village/topic left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back