Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

His Majesty's Shinobi Service [PotK] [exit thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Red Palace, Office of the Lightning Shogun
Raiden no Me, Kaminari no Kuni
…0900 hours

Despite the fact that his private audience chamber was the most secure location in the entire country besides the office of the Raikage, Shogun Shiranai sat shrouded in darkness from the heavy velvet curtains that blocked out the sun overhead. For an entire year, every window in the Red Palace had been blocked off with steel bars as well as the aforementioned curtains as a means to deny assassins an easy means of entry or egress, and to prevent snipers from seeing their targets. The electric lightning within the place served as adequate illumination, however as of late the sovereign of the land had taken to more melancholic choices when it came to his own spaces. Rumors flew that he was either going mad from the strain of having to rule at such a young age, or alternately, that he had contracted a disfiguring disease and needed to hide his face, or simply that he was lovesick but desired not to engage in the practice of taking concubines or even mistresses.

On his shadowed throne, Shiranai fidgeted, preoccupied with thoughts of a young woman who wore a panda-shaped hood and who had left a certain impression on him a year ago. He had tried to write to her a few times, but he was no poet and inevitably these attempts ended with him angrily crumpling the paper and heaving it across the room. Fortunately, distraction from his own tormented thoughts came quickly, as the door to the heavily-guarded chamber opened, briefly flooding the room with golden light. Through the door now stepped the most powerful woman in the country: Chancellor Tachibana Ami.

A somewhat plain-featured woman in her thirties, she nevertheless held a certain allure with her ever-present serenity punctuated by unexpected bursts of raw feeling when she desired to make a point. A Daimyo of the Council of Eleven Moons, she was also the functional and official head of the Bakufuu – the government of Lightning Country. The Eleven Moons as well as the Council of Nobles, which served as the lower house of the bakufuu, answered to her, and she in turn answered solely to the Shogun. It was said in hushed tones that with the Shogun so young, inexperienced, and emotionally fragile, that she was in fact the true ruler of the land of lightning.

1AxJA.png
“Ami-san!” said Shiranai, rising happily from his throne to greet her. “Are you well? Do your wounds give you any pain?” he asked, noticing the silk scarf she now wore around her neck.

yh4TZ.png
“My Lord Shogun, I am but your servant and you should not exert or worry yourself for me,” replied Ami, kneeling. Somewhat disappointedly, Shiranai stopped in mid-stride, returning to his seat. “Although I do not deserve your concern, the physicians say that I will make a complete recovery, and that even the marks from the wire will fade in time,” she said, unconsciously rubbing the subtle impressions on her neck that were the result of a recent attempt on her life. “I am thankful to the shinobi who saved my life at Castle Nagamasa.”

“And I heard how Daimyo Amakusa treated them after they fought to protect you!” snarled Shiranai. “It is high time that I punished him!” he said, clenching a fist.

“My Lord, I would beg that you stay your wrath for now. While Amakusa Ryuu’s actions were certainly deplorable, taking overt action against him would mean the certain destabilization of our government, which we simply cannot afford at this point,” replied Ami, shaking her head as she rose. “He is, simply put, too big to fail. We need more time. We need to be stronger.”

“That is why I detest my job sometimes, Ami-san. Back in Kumogakure, I knew what was right and what was wrong. Shinobi who committed evil were punished, and shinobi who did right were praised. But in this world, we bail corrupt banks and nobility out for their crimes and ignore the plight of the citizenry!” spat Shiranai, disgust welling in his mouth. Ami’s hand was now on his shoulder, her touch warm but also firm.

“My Lord, you are Shogun because your heart is pure and beautiful. I swore as your Chancellor to protect that purity even in this corrupt and ugly world, and I will continue to do so. But you must listen to me, even when your conscience tells you not to. I would not be able to bear it, nor would the country, if you were to become stained by sin. Therefore, let me deal with Daimyo Amakusa. He will pay, but he will do so in a manner that preserves the peace that so many of our friends and your shinobi brothers in arms died to secure,” said Ami, cupping Shiranai’s face in her palms as she looked into his eyes. The Shogun wordlessly nodded, a pained expression on his face. She softly kissed him on the forehead as a mother would to comfort a child.

“Have you heard of any more members of the Council of Nobles attempting to defect or sell their loyalties to the Haninozuka King?” asked Shiranai, gnawing on one of his nails. Ami nodded.

“Count Nagamasa’s fate certainly served as a deterrent to many, however there are three who I suspect of continued treachery, My Lord. They are Baron Tsujihara, Viscount Katsura, and Count Tatsumi. All three of these men were part of Count Nagamasa’s circle of friends, and all of them had hosted visitors from Bear Country in the last few months. The Margrave Tokugawa has given me information that they will attempt a meeting with King Haninozuka Nikolai himself very soon. This is worrisome because unlike Takadama Province, their land holdings are virtually adjacent to Bear, and as such we would not be able to take them back by force without the risk of outright war with the Serene Kingdom,” she said.

“Then what are we to do?” asked Shiranai.

“Do not worry, My Lord. I have already formulated a plan. I have asked the shinobi of Kumogakure to observe and eavesdrop on this meeting, and if the three attempt to sell their loyalty, to arrest them on the spot. It will also serve as a plain message to King Haninozuka to stop his attempts to seduce our greedy brethren,” said Ami, smiling.

“Excellent, Ami-san. I hope their their sakes, that the three do not attempt something so rash.”

“As do I, My Lord. Before I leave here, I wanted to let you know as well – Mochizuki Tama is scheduled to visit you soon. I will ensure that you are free from any responsibilities of state for the duration of her visit,” said Ami.

“Really?!” asked Shiranai excitedly. “That’s…that’s wonderful news!” he said, smiling for the first time since their meeting.

“If it makes My Lord happy, then it is indeed wonderful,” said Ami, smiling graciously. “It is no secret that you harbor affection for the girl. If you wish to make her your concubine, I will happily make the arrangements with Kumogakure…”

“Well, uh, I… I mean, I haven’t confessed to her or anything yet…” started Shiranai, blushing.

“My Lord, I do not need to remind you that you are Shogun of Kaminari no Kuni. If you wish to make her yours then you need but order it.”

“I know, but…I mean, I kind of want to, you know, ask her out like a normal guy…”

“Of course, My Lord,” said Ami, inwardly rolling her eyes. “I must leave to contact Sennin Takaki. I bid you farewell for now,” she said, again bowing deeply to him before turning to exit.

Shiranai leaned back on his throne, breathing heavily. Treachery, court intrigue, war, and Tama – this was way too much for a teenage Shogun to deal with.

Dragon Tooth Pass
Kumogakure no Sato, Kaminari no Kuni
…Next day, 0900 hours

The mission orders had been distributed, the equipment requisitioned and checked, and the participants contacted. This one was a mission that the shinobi of Cloud not absolutely not mess up on. A single errant blade or bolt, a mis-phrased word, or a second’s hesitation, and the consequences would range from the deaths of the entire team to open warfare between Lightning and Bear Countries. Adding to the danger was the fact that Marsh Country right next door had been itching for a fight for the last five years and would grab on any excuse to launch its missiles, so to speak.

Their mission was simple – to observe a meeting and arrest three nobles for treason and bring them back to Raiden’s Eye for prosecution. The problem was that the King of Bear himself would also be there, along with likely a sizeable force of Bear soldiers and Bear Shinobi. Ideally, they would see no reason to intervene – this was an internal Lightning Country matter after all. But Masao knew from his decades of experience that “hopefullys” and “probablys” just did not cut it once the weapons came out.

Now, he only waited for the other mission participants.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune grinned. It was time for the big mission. It wasn’t every day that she got a chance to go on a mission with a Sennin of the village. And then this opportunity came along… A mission, with Masao in it no less, was going to be very interesting to say the least. Hm… I should probably bring a mask. Considering this’ll be highly political. Maybe… Nah. I won’t be needing my whip. My sword is enough. Even then, I might not even need my sword. she thought as she went over her personal equipment, adding and removing items as she felt. Sword. Yes. Mask. Yes. Whip. Nah. Claws. Nah. Brain. Most definitely.

She dashed out the door, her sword strapped to her hips and her mask covering her youthful face. She was headed for the designated meeting spot in the Dragon Tooth Pass. I do hope we won’t have to take down any of the Bear troops. That’d put a wrench into the diplomatic machinery of Lightning Country… As Kitsune reached the place, she saw Masao waiting there, and she waved as she approached ”Masao-san~” she called out and grinned behind the mask as she walked up to him.

”How’ve you been, Masao-san?” she asked him as she got closer, and eventually standing right next to him. ”Feels like it was just a few days ago you brought me flowers~” she said and winked, though she wasn’t sure that he could see her wink. ”So. The mission. Observe and intervene if necessary huh?” she asked him, just to be certain that it was all they had to do. Then again, there was also the fact that a certain King would be there. That made it… Complicated… To say the least. I wonder if that little mixture I slipped into his food has had its effect yet. Guess I’ll have to find out. At some point. she thought to herself.

[WC: 325]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
‘Kunai… gloves and shoes on… headset… belt pouch… should I take the blood pills?’ Kahako fretted as she looked over her bag one last time. She checked it once, twice, and thrice the night before to make sure she had everything she needed for the mission ahead. This wasn’t her first mission by far, but it would be her first time out of the village in years. The last time she crossed those large gates carved in rock, she entered the academy. “Okay!” She said happily as she strapped the pouch around her waist and fixed the headset on her neck. Taking the mask she picked up after she received the assignment, Kahako slipped it over her face, lifted her mother’s red hood over her hair, and dashed out of her room to begin her trek to the village gates.

Upon arriving, she spotted the Main Branch Sennin by the gates with already one member of their team. Kahako paused only for a short moment when she saw Takaki-sama. The last time she saw the Sennin, he was holding down the academy student that sat next to her and had forced another member in her class to cop a feel on the poor boy.

First impressions like that never really left one’s mind. She was glad that Masao couldn’t see her nervous face through the mask. “Higa Kahako reporting in, Sennin-sama,” she said quietly with a quick bow, hands at her side. Once she rose from it, she caught the tell-tale red hair of the female shinobi next to the Sennin. It looked awfully familiar…. “Kitsune-sensei?” Kahako asked hopefully, excited at the idea that her first mission could potentially be with her teacher. A comrade she knew definitely made this mission better in her mind.

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"What do you mean you can't find the report, Ryushin?" Natsu asked, agitation clear in his voice. The boy had been tasked to deliver all of the messages the Spymaster's informers sent in straight to his desk. And somehow even just that task seemed to be beyond the kid. "I- I.. I don't.. It was right here, sir! I swear!" Natsu groaned, rolling his eyes. Once he might've been more tolerant and comprehensive about the situation. Not now that both the Main Branch Sennin and himself were leaving Kumogakure however. Because who was tasked with making all of the preparations for anything that might happen during their absence? Right, you guessed it. That poor ol' Spymaster. It left him with so little time he had barely even a donut in the past three days.

"Never mind it, I'll read it when I get back. And you had better found the damn thing by then." Natsu warned the boy, before shooing him off. The report wasn't all that vital, but he would have enough reports to catch up when he'd be getting back. Even just the one could mean the difference between an all-nighter and some rest.

When he had first been promoted this amount of paperwork had not been what he had been expecting. Much rather he had imagined guns, suits, gorgeous women at his beck and call, catchphrases involving his name and the likes. It turned out such glamorous jobs were best left to actors however, and the Chunin had resigned himself to just doing the administrative work rather than complain. Hearing about the mission had been much like the promotion however. First the joy of finally getting to do something exciting, before realizing that it was just another pile of papers waiting for him. Natsu made a mental note about punching the first person who dared asking to sign a report while out on the mission.

Looking the office over one more time, he made his way towards the Gates. A folder of instructions had been left behind for the Sennin's Hand, Mochizuki Tama, and the Chief Ambassador, Tanaka Hikari. Just in case some sort of emergency would occur in the Village. Things to check, reports to hide, places to defend, people to kill,.. He had listed it all. Not that he didn't trust them per say, he just was slightly worried considering their.. notable personalities. He hoped it would prove to be unnecessary. Not just because of the potential disaster that would befall Kumo in such a case, but also because he had made mention of his secret stash of donuts. In case of a famine, y'know?

As he finally arrived at the Gates, he looked about for the team, spotting Masao rather easily in the crowd. They had shared an office for quite a while now after all. Walking over to the Sennin, the Spymaster noticed the Med-Nins gathered around him. He had found that a bit odd, while studying the mission roster. He had little say in the assignments of Shinobi to missions, but was at least allowed to look into them as befitting his rank. That was somewhat of an advantage he assumed. The only reason he could come up with for the medical heavy setup was so that in case things did go sour, they'd be able to try and prevent any lethal things going down with the wonders of healing magic Jutsu.

He was glad to know two of them already though. Kitsune from the last mission and Kahako from their.. awkward encounter at the Academy. It could prove to be a wee bit awkward but they were professionals, they'd get over it. Besides, it offered him the chance to return her book on anatomy she had forgotten at the Academy. He had held on to it, unsure of where to reach her. He had considered the hospital yet had not been sick, so it could have come across as creepy again. Their last team member he did not personally know, but had done some research about. Kaguya Daisuke, Chief Med-nin and, as his name revealed, owner of the same Kekkei Genkei as Natsu. It'd prove to be an interesting meeting.

Reaching the group, Natsu noted the two Med-Nin wearing a mask each. Had the Medical Branch undergone a change of image as well while he hadn't been paying attention? Conform to the Main Branches own new regulations, Natsu was wearing a tailored suit. That was the only part of his fantasy which had come true so far. The suit was outfitted with enough hidden pockets to transport a week's worth of donuts. Not that he used it for that purpose, of course not! His suit might get dirty! .. Though he had discovered that the hard way.

"Morning sir. Morning ladies." He greeted them, nodding at each one of them. Sliding his backpack seemingly only stashed with folders and books to the ground, he reached in and handed Masao a folder. "Last week's summarized reports. I figured you'd have some time during the trip." He explained, before reaching in again. Shuffling through more reports, donut catalogues and manga’s, he finally fished up the anatomy book. "Here, you forgot this one last time, Kahako."

[Word Count: 842]
[Marked for Training]

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The golden rays of sunlight shone through the curtains of his bedroom window and landed on his right cheek. What felt like a warm and gentle kiss from nature was truly the wake up call he needed. He rose from bed with a mixed feeling of excitement and dread washing over him through the form of an upset stomach. Today was the day and he had not been on a mission outside the village in many years. He sighed, realizing that it was simply his fear of change trying to get the best of him and his body responding in strange ways. Following his morning routine only helped to bring clarity to that fact. A routine which consisted of but was not limited to a bowel movement, a long shower, and a clean shave.

Part of the routine was as follows:
A bowel movement, “(grunt) Come on now. (strong grunt) Oh thank Raiden. I feel so much better. (wipes and gets up to flush) What the hell! It felt like a jagged rock...so why does it look like three pounds of extra lumpy cottage cheese!

Bathing, "Okay, now need a cold shower. (changes temperature setting, and sigh of relief) Man, theses cold showers always help me with my morning woo-"

And shaving, "Man I hate this part. (begins to scrub himself) I need a new razor or to stop shaving altogether. These razor bumps hurt. (looks down past his stomach) Once a rain forest. Now, it looks like the back of a crunch bar."

Yes... through his routine... both the upset stomach along with the mixed senses of excitement and dread he felt earlier had simply went away. The rest of his preparation went along smoothly enough. He got dressed, ate breakfast, did his morning stretches, brushed his teeth, washed his face, packed a few first aid kits, performed a equipment check in his large backpack once or twice, packed food in some extra summoning scrolls, grabbed any last minute items, and was out the door.

As he left out, he couldn’t but notice his attire with new eyes. It was the same old boring outfits over and over again. This mindset rarely ever came over him, but on this day he decided to act on it and change things up a bit thinking, "I’m gonna need a new look. Just this once." A few handsigns and a poof of smoke later brought about a strange new outfit which Daisuke deemed as cool and stylish. If only he knew just how wrong he was and how ridiculous he looked. Only Raiden knew why today of all days, Daisuke was behaving strangely. Maybe going on a mission after all this time just made him feel like a teenager again or perhaps, it was an early mid-life crisis. If anyone knew, it certainly wasn't the chief. Not yet, anyway.

In order to close the gap between the distance from his home and the gates, he referred to using one of his favorite jutsus known as the Weighted Rock Technique (link) to make him lighter. Reducing his weight a hundred pounds or so, he took off with even greater speed. "I can’t believe I’m really doing this. It’s been so long since I left the village. I wonder who I’m working with anyway. Chuunin or jounin most likely. Maybe an anbu even. Crap, I’m need to move faster. I can’t be later. ", he thought as he continued to accelerate and drop his weight a bit more. A short time later, he nearly arrived at the meeting place given in his message. Just a few hundred feet away, he tripped over a rock and went soaring high into the air given both the speed at which he was going and his extra light weight body.

"This was a horrible idea.", he said forming handsigns to increase his weight a bit. However the wind, his former ally just moments ago, saw fit to embarrass him just once before returning to his appropriate weight by blowing heavily and nearly blowing him completely off course. In the end, he accepted his fate and slowly flowed down towards his teammates like a piece of paper, in a ridiculous outfit and landing on his feet with his head held down in shame. "Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you all. Mednin chief, Kaguya Daisuke reporting for duty." Eye rolling, looks of judgement, and sighs of irritation or worry might have been appropriate in regards to his entrance or his appearance, but awkward smiles and silence about either matter were preferred. God help this sorry excuse for a ninja.

New outfit:
I apologize for the late response and definitely about the post. I wanted to try something different just once. Anyway, Daisuke's wearing everything you see in the photo. The hat, the red face mask covering from his nose to his throat, the goggles around his neck, everything. plus his backpack.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
One by one, the team members arrived, each one with their own set of idiosyncrasies and personality flaws, but fundamentally, each of them a loyal servant of the Raikage and of the village. Kumogakure shinobi were an irregular military force – although their training in the academy was brutal and oftentimes lethal, one thing that had remained constant through the years was that everyone was allowed to retain and develop their own personality. There was no systematic destruction of individuality as happened in the ranks of the Imperial Army or Navy, and rather than being punished for having opinions, students and shinobi were usually rewarded for having differing perspectives. Masao had no idea how and when this fundamental decision had come to pass, but he was glad that it had. It was often said that Kumo was the only place one was allowed to be quirky.

Kitsune was the first to arrive – she was always astoundingly punctual for any obligations, whether professional or personal. Even behind the mask, he could of course tell it was her – after all, her bust betrayed her identity better than anything else.

“Greetings, Shinrya-hakase,” he said, somewhat formally, but they were in public this time. She winked at him, and he suppressed a smirk. “Yes, I hope the flowers aren’t wilting too badly. The florists always tell me to use plant food, but logically, the blooms are already dead,” he shrugged. “Oh, on another note, I feel much stronger these days. I wonder if you slipped something into my food,” he said, glibly. Of course, there was no way for him to know, but he knew of Kitsune’s reputation for unsanctioned therapeutics.

Next to arrive was another mednin, this one wearing a red, hooded cloak that reminded him of some sort of modernized fairy-tale character. He could not remember seeing her before – a fact that worried him, as she would be somewhat new and untested. Then again, it seemed like she was a student or subordinate of Kitsune from the fact that she addressed the older woman as “sensei.”

“Higa-hakase,” he said, giving her a polite nod back. “I trust you’ve caught up on the briefing. I look forward to seeing you in action. Shinrya-hakase, I assume she’s yours primarily?”

The Donut made his appearance third. Given that this mission could potentially spark an international incident and plunge three countries into the flames of open warfare while the bastards in Fire and Leaf gleefully raked the coals, the presence of the village’s top Intelligence Officer was absolutely critical. Masao had not named Do Natsu the Spymaster for nothing. The man may have had his peculiarities regarding sugar, but he was probably smarter than anyone in Kumogakure, excepting the Raikage of course (Alleluia Shinbatsu and all that).

“Do-san, thanks,” he said, accepting the packet of information, which he briefly skimmed. It would bear a more intensive reading later. “So, Kirigakure is becoming more of a shithole. Agent Orange in every orifice, napalm for lunch, and the Mizukage has again been deposed. Wasn’t that the same pedophile who wanted to give Nemoto-chan a ‘medal,’ and by a ‘medal’ I mean the ‘D’? We need to send Tanaka-dono there soon. I don’t care if it’s flesh-eating-cockroach season. It’ll build character…” he started to say, when he was interrupted by the descent of their last party members.

Kaguya Daisuke – one of the senior mednins in the village, and he was looking positively…wacky, as if he had just been blown off course on his way to a fujoshi convention (where he was the bait, obviously). Well, his appearance did not really matter, as he was someone Masao knew that he could trust should things go south. The man had been a significant help during the recent civil war and was someone that Isaki Kushin trusted to run things if the Sennin were out on business.

“Kaguya-hakase, thanks for arriving,” he said, refraining from making any comments. Again, individuality. It was a good thing, he reminded himself.

Now that the team was all assembled, he would give them the briefing.

“Alright, we’re all here,’ he said, clearing his throat. “You were provided with some briefing materials, but I’m going to go over it again to make sure we are all on the same page.

“Our primary objective for this mission is to perform clandestine observation on a meeting that will happen at 1700 hours today at Azusa Field, which straddles the borders of Lightning Country and the Serene Kingdom of Bear Country. At this meeting will be three of Lightning Country’s nobility – the Baron Tsujihara of Yaso-Sekiguchi, Viscount Katsura of Honno Joi, and Count Tatsumi of Itou, along with their personal guard and other members of their entourages. All three of these men are under suspicion of attempting to sell their loyalty and lands to the King of Bear, Haninozuka Nikolai the Fourth. You may remember that several of our agents recently assisted the Bakufuu government in arresting Count Nagamasa Yoshi of Takadama province for the same crime. The catch here is that the three provinces these men occupy are right next to Bear Country, and if the deal goes through and these nobles become Bear subjects, then Lightning Country will be incapable of bringing them to justice for fear of risking outright war with Bear. Simply put, our country will lose a substantial amount of territory and also money. We cannot let this happen.

“Attending the meeting will be the Bear sovereign, King Haninozuka, along with his Royal Guard as well as foreign shinobi out of the village of Hoshigakure, or Star Village for short. Our intelligence suggests that he is meeting with these nobles personally in order to secure those lands, after seeing what happened with Count Nagamasa. Our mission right now is strictly observation. IF the nobles attempt to actually sell their loyalties, a force of ANBU, led by Vice Commander Takayama Shimada, will arrest them, without doing harm to the Bear forces or leadership. Once again, we are NOT the arresting party. OUR role is to observe and make the call to bring the ANBU in. We are also the lookout force for any third party who attempts to come and disrupt the meeting or visit harm on any of the participants.

“I will warn everyone right now: if the King of Bear is killed, we are virtually guaranteed to go to war with Bear. And the People’s Republic of Marsh to the north is also guaranteed to jump into the fight once open hostilities break out. This absolutely cannot happen. That is why there is a senior member of the mednin command as well as two regenerative medicine specialists on this team. If the King is in danger, you are to drop everything and save him, even at the cost of your own lives. Even if Star Village shinobi are in the middle of chopping your head off. The Spymaster and I will take care of the rest. Is that absolutely clear?

If there are no further questions, please follow me,” he said, heading toward of the gates. The Deathwatch shinobi manning the controls started to work, and the doors started to inch open.
Everyone post their leave - you have already been given permission to leave by none other than yours truly.

Note: Continuation of mission here: http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=319&t=5901

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
”Hakase, huh? So formal~” she said in a teasing tone. ”I actually planted them at my estate. Thanks to my chemical knowledge, they’ve taken root, and will survive. Congratulations, you’ve made my property pretty Masao-san.” she added and smiled under the mask. Then when he said that he had been feeling much stronger lately, she grinned ”Why Masao-san. Whatever do you mean~?” she asked in an attempt to feign innocence, though they both knew it was bull, and that Kitsune had caused Masao’s miraculous improvement.

Then Kahako appeared, and Kitsune grinned again ”Kahako-chan~!” she exclaimed and hugged the younger ninja affectionately ”Indeed she is Takaki-sama~. Hopefully the skills she has currently will be plenty for this mission.” Kitsune added and winked again.
Out of nowhere Donut, erh, Do Natsu, appeared and Kitsune waved at him ”Long time no see, Do-san.” she said and waved at the cake-loving shinobi, before, literally out of nowhere Daisuke dropped in on them, looking absolutely crazy, but maybe that was just the outfit. ”Daisuke-san… What’re you wearing?” Kitsune asked and looked at him as if he was a victim of a wardrobe malfunction.

She shook her head and turned to face Masao, who looked just about ready to begin the briefing to make sure everyone were singing on the same song and so on and so forth. ”So. No casualties, no fatalities, no losing territory or money. Gotcha. And don’t you worry Takaki-sama~. With my peculiar ability to heal quickly, I’ll probably be able to last quite a bit longer in terms of healing duration. But lets hope it doesn’t come to that, shall we?” Kitsune said and smirked confidently under the mask. ”Shall we?” she added and gestured to the opening gate, before turning towards it, and walking

[Lets do this. Lerooooooooooy JENKIIIINS! (Also meaning. Topic 'n village Left)]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hugging her teacher back, Kahako gave a soft giggle of delight that was slightly muffled by her mask. When her sensei let her go, Kahako fidgeted again as Kitsune conversed with Masao. Kitsune's casual speech with the sennin eased Kahako's fears about the man a little, but she was still weary. It was at this time that Natsu appeared. Their last encounter was a chocolate and sugar covered disaster. But as he passed Masao-sama some documents and Kahako her own book, he seemed a lot more mature and collected than he had been last time. “Thank you Natsu-san.” Kahako said. “ummm…. I’m sorry…. I don’t really have a place to store it myself,” she said, embarrassed. “Do you think you could hold onto it until our mission is over?” She waited for a response as their last member floated from the sky like a leaf and landed next to their group. She didn’t pay much attention to who it was until Kitsune acknowledged him as their medical chief. “Hello again Daisuke-sa…ma….” She trailed off, realizing his… unusual outfit.

As Masao began to debrief the strange team, Kahako listened to her main goal. Stop those who were to interfere with any transaction and ensure that the King of Bear country didn’t die. “Hai, sennin-sama!” she said excitedly. Kahako followed Kitsune and Masao. Anxious as to what she would find on the other side.

[Topic left- Douzoyoroshiku~(please take care ofme)]

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With his head still held down, he bowed towards everyone as Maseo greeted him. He was honored by Maseo’s greeting. To have a such title used on simply ol’ Daisuke by someone he respected deeply meant a lot to him, to which he could only reply, "Maseo-sama, it is an honor and a privilege to join you all today." Two familiar voices were heard from the two members wearing masks and by the way they addressed him, Daisuke could only make the correct assumption thinking, "Daisuke-san? Daisuke-sama? those voices...could it be?!"

"Ki...Kitsune and Kahako?! Hey, it’s been a while." he said before Kitsune asking about his attire. "It’s cool right?" he said confidently until he looked at his fellow ninja with no sign of confirmation then repeated in a slightly whiny and much less confident tone, "Come guys, it’s cool looking...ri...right?"

Before he could say anything else, the mission briefing had begun. Naturally, he listened closely and took mental notes about the main objective. "Woah! Crooked nobles, a devastating economic blow to lightning country, lose of major territory! This mission is more complicated than I thought, but we should pull it off easily.", he thought as he continued listening. His heart beat a bit faster as Maseo stated the primary objectives of the mednin. His emphasis of the importance of the king’s life was taken to Daisuke’s heart. The death of the king meant all out war. A brief flashback of treating the wounded in the last civil war brought about a serious side of Daisuke as he said, "Yes sir, Maseo-sama!" He followed the lead of the others, grabbed some candy bars, and taking a large bite as he walked. "Lord Raiden, be with us this day. Grant us, with serenity, the capacity to welcome the future events that I can not dictate, the courage to act on the events we might influence and the insight to distinguish the two.", he thought, mumbling a prayer of serenity.

[Topic and village left]

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah, sure thing. I've marked some errors in it though, so you might want to read it through again." Natsu replied as he slid Kahako's anatomy book back into his pack. He had never been a Medical Ninja or even an MiT such as Kahako was at the moment. His mother was though and so there had been a large stack of books lying around the house. Also, he could pop out his skeleton at any given moment. That was quite helpful for studying the human anatomy as well. How the errors had remained unnoticed for so long was beyond the Chunin, but perhaps Kahako simply had had some bad luck picking out a book in the library. That, or the writer had had as much knowledge about the human body as Daisuke had about fashion.

As the aforementioned Chief floated to the ground Natsu couldn't help but lift his eyebrow in surprise and for a moment thought he might be on Punk'd. The Sennin greeted him formally nonetheless and the Med-Nins seemed to recognize him well enough. Natsu would keep his thoughts about the Space Cowboy however. After all, his mission with Hikari and Zaku had at first seemed like it could turn out in a babysit assignment. Looking at their potential now however, both having been promoted to Division Heads, it showed just how little appearances meant. Instead, he simply nodded in greeting at the man.

Refraining from making a comment about the man or inquiring about the.. curious clothing like Kitsune, the Spymaster found it harder and harder to keep his composure towards Daisuke. It were the little things really. The obliviousness to who his colleagues were, the lack of confidence, the miss-pronunciation of Masao's name.. The way he so casually ignored Natsu. Shifting his attention from the inexplicably odd man to Masao, he closely followed the briefing as well. What he heard turned his mood sour. Of course he had known of the political games the nobles played and the ever-shifting balance of loyalty. It was his job to know those. But hearing it all summed up like that made it painfully clear just how bad the situation was.

It was undeniable that Lightning Country was in a fragile position at the moment. After the recent civil war for the Shogun's throne many people were still rebuilding their destroyed homes and lives, and the flames of rebellion still scorched hot. If they were to lose so much territory, the Country of the Bear would only get more confident and war would not stay away for long. If they were to harm the envoys of Bear however, let alone the King, war would only be brought upon them even sooner. And with the current regard for Shinobi by the common civilians, they could not afford sparking another way due to their actions. The attack would be three-pronged, coming from the Bear, Marsh and their own people. And that was one of the better-case scenarios in case they'd mess up this mission.

Dark thoughts and a pessimistic mindset would not help however, thus Natsu thought of his happy place. No, not a donut shop. That would be preposterous! It was a library.. With a donut shop inside of it. Regardless of how much sense that made, it did lift his spirits and not even Kitsune's double usage of 'Shall we?' deterred him from it. Though it did make him wonder about the sanity of the Medical Branch again. Following his Sennin, the enthusiastic women and the mumbling Chief through the Gates Natsu set out on another whacky adventure.

[Word Count: 600]
[Marked for Training]
[Village Left]
[OoC: I had a post ready last night but I lost it. I swear I did >.>]

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And so, the ragtag band neared the Gates in the dark of the night. They were both greater and fewer in number than when they had left. Masao and Kitsune were nowhere to be seen, at the very moment travelling to the hidden Village of the Stars. And the little red Shinobi hood Kahako was absent as well. On the other hand, the collection of nobles and their guards made their group quite a size larger. Not that they were any more intimidating. After all, having ran for nearly nine hours by now, a few of them tasked with carrying a dead man on top of it, left it's mark on people. Natsu too was tired, though that was more of mental exhaustion. Oh, and his bum was sore from the saddle. But that was the least of his worries at the moment.

His thoughts were with Masao, and perhaps a little bit with Kitsune too, but mostly the young MiT who had split apart from them. Taking their break after three hours of sneaking around, she had insisted on running off. To attract the attention of enemy patrols, her hood perfect for the solution, she claimed. Natsu didn't believe her, but had been too exhausted to convince her to stay. Somewhere it his mind it did make sense. Daisuke wasn't in top condition, the nobles valuable despite their actions and he had to fulfill his role as acting Sennin. There weren't enough horses to send one of the bodyguards to do it, and they lacked the strength to put up much of a distraction anyway. He didn't like it though, not one bit.

Slumping from his saddle, he fumbled a bit around with the headset, tuning in to the Deathwatch frequency. "Spyma-.. Acting Sennin Do Natsu, requesting the Gates to be opened. Arrange for some messengers to deliver top-priority mission reports straight away. Also find room to stash three criminals and their pack of bodyguards." He didn't have the strength left to shout for anyone, and the Gates were closed at this late hour. Not terribly unusual, though he felt as if there were more eyes watching than usual. Had news of the mission already reached Kumogakure somehow? Or was it simply increased vigilance due to Deathwatch Captain Zack's instructions? Whichever the case, one of those eyes had better come down to let him in and arrange the things he had requested.

[Requesting Entry]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Biru and Tedo rushed out to the gates as Do Natsu requested entry. ”We’ll need to see your passport, dude, I mean sir.” Tedo said to the donut loving Natsu, while Biru began to arrange the things requested by Natsu. Messengers, check, dude. A room to stash criminals, not so much check. he said before turning away and using his headset to request a sufficiently large room be cleared out for the criminals and bodyguards. ”Okay, room’s been requested, boss-dude.”
”Everything checks out. Welcome back, sir.” Tedo said, trying to be a bit more professional than usual as he handed Natsu the passport back, and signaled to Biru to open the gates.

[Access granted.]

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsu groaned as he recognized the duo coming out to greet him. The two were rumored of being jokers, slick womanizers, the flesh-made incarnation of Gred and Feorge from the Parry Hotter books. And for being quite the carefree gate guards. That was not to say they were bad at their job, simply that they weren't the ones Natsu had hoped to see under these circumstances. However, slightly to his surprise, they seemed quite well prepared. Handing his passport over to Tedo, he rummaged in his backpack.

He had taken the time to write out a report and copy it a few times during the ride back, once they had entered Lightning Country and could more easily relax. The handwriting wasn't perfect, not even close, but it was readable. And it'd have to suffice for the while too. Sending a messenger off to his Raikage, the Sileo, Ambassador Tanaka and the Merces Letifer. Turning to Daisuke, he spoke to the man, voice finally revealing some of his exhaustion and concern. "Daisuke-Sensei, please go to the Hospital. I understand rest will help you recover the most, but I'd prefer not risking anything for your health. And please hand this over to your Sennin for me. He'll want to know about your colleagues' status no doubt."

Basing himself on the rumors, Natsu figured that Sennin would likely skin him for this horrible situation. And harvest his organs and any other body parts the man could experiment on. Though if he could believe other rumors still, the man might care not all too much about it at all. "Biru-san, please escort these men to the arranged quarters if you would. Tedo-san, if you could hand this to your Captain, it'd be much appreciated." They might not have to listen to the Spymaster, but he was acting Sennin at this point. His bigger concern was what the receivers of each report would do with it. He didn't expect them to come rushing towards the gates, but they'd undoubtedly have to deal with it some way or another. And hopefully not die because of a broken heart due to it or such.

As for Natsu, he was already on his way to the Torre to start clearing out the mess and looking for a way to get Masao back. Oh, and Kitsune. He supposed he'd try and help her out as well.

[Village Entered]
[Topic Left unless Stopped]

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a long journey back from the flat lands and through the mountain ranges to his first love, cloud village. Despite all that had happened during the mission, he couldn’t help but feel happy laying his eyes on those glorious gates once more. Still, happiness could not heal his wounds, at least not his physical ones. His rib cage ached a bit with every step the horse took since his wounds still needed to be examined with fresh eyes. With rest, he would be okay, but both he and Natsu had the same idea in mind. He knew the importance of what had occurred during their mission and it was his job as a senior member of the medical branch to inform his sennin of the recent events.

He took Natsu’s report and begin heading towards the hospital saying, “Yes, sir. I was going there anyway. Thanks for the report. It will make things slightly easier to explain. Upon hearing that Masao-sama, Kitsune-san, and Kihako-san didn’t return, Kushin-sama will be none too pleased about this...I think. I’ll inform him both of your current position in the main branch and to contact you if he has any further questions regarding your report.” His voice also showed his fatigue from the travel. It had been a long nightmarish day and until all of his teammates were in the warm and loving embrace of Cloud village, the night would be longer still.

[village entered]

[TLUS]

mission link: here

notes to self:
funny pm: here and my dumb posts: here & here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back