Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit [Ayumu]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Dokedo Suspension Bridge
Port Cirrus, Kaminari no Kuni
...1300 hours, 1 week prior

Steel clashed on steel as Tagiushi Moro, Sennin of the Kumogakure ANBU, fought for his life against the man he had sworn to kill. Yukimura Enishi, the most wanted man in Lightning Country, was also fighting for his own life as well. They both perched precariously on the slippery metal roof of a train car traveling at fifty kilometers per hour, and the wind whipped at their faces mercilessly, currents and eddys threatening to pick either of them up and toss them over the side like two worn ragdolls.

It had cost months of effort to track Yukimura to the little shipping depot on the outskirts of Port Cirrus, and the lives of many veterans of all branches to do so. Moro himself had closed one of his new buntaichou's eyes shortly after the man had bled to death in the ruined lobby of a hotel where they had attempted to take the Kingslayer down. One of the others, a Main Brancher in the Intel Corps, had refused to let Moro help him, instead gripping the Sennin by the collar and pointing with the ruined stump of his arm to where he had seen the man run off to.

It had been a dangerous and precarious pursuit, as Moro chased Enishi across the rooftops while Enishi fired lethal bolts of killing energy back at his pursuer, but he doggedly chased after his man. By chance, they were now on the roof of a moving train, having the fight of their lives. As a swordsman, Moro was outclassed by the man who had made his name with a blade, but his Santaru abilities were able to keep the Kingslayer at bay, with a shock here, a bolt there, or an attempt to electrify the roof of the train.

Still, when it came down to it, the fight was a contest of who could swing hardest and longest. And Moro had just lost as Enishi's blade cleaved through his own with a shower of sparks. Undeterred, Moro charged forward in a desperate bull-rush, ramming his shoulder into Enishi's gut before the man could end his life with a backswing. Both went tumbling to the searing-hot metal surface of the roof and were soon locked in a deadly grapple. At first, the ANBU Sennin appeared to have the upper hand as he repeatedly slammed Enishi's head and face into the metal and broke bone, but the Kingslayer was stronger than he appeared and managed to upend Moro onto his back with a piledriver that produced a sickening crack of bone.

Moro's vision turned white at the moment of impact, and he attempted to move his legs, but they would not respond. Driving back his panic, he reached into his waist holster and withdrew a pistol bolter and fired it. Enishi was pushed back by the impact as the bolt tore through his chest armor and lacerated a lung, but was able to kick the bolter out of Moro's hand, shattering the wrist with the blow.

Yukimura slammed his knee into Moro's solar plexus and drove his forehead into the bridge of Moro's nose, breaking it. He then dragged the ANBU Sennin to his knees, wrapped both hands around the man's neck, and started to squeeze...
Eru_V2_zps42afdeca.jpg

bKsfsSc.png
"I'm on my way! Fifteen seconds!!!" shouted buntaichou Narsume Eru over her headset to Moro as she raced over the top of the train with all of the grace and power made possible by chakra. The pain shooting up her leg was blinding in its intensity, but the desperation was worse, She could see them clearly now, but as in a nightmare, no matter how fast she ran they seemed so far away. She had originally pursued Enishi along with Moro, but she had fallen through a section of fragile roofing and broken her ankle doing so. Still, she had managed to splint her wounded limb and had caught up with the departing train, barely latching onto the last car as it left. With all of her strength she had climbed to the top, where Moro was having his death duel with the Kingslayer far far away.

Meanwhile, situated on a sandstone bluff overlooking a section of bridged track, ANBU Taichou Morishima Haruka watched Moro being beaten to death with increasing alarm through the scope of her .50 caliber Baretto man-portable antimateriel arbalest. Theoretically, she could fire and hit Enishi from this range, provided she had not erred in the numerous calculations required to compensate for range, angle of attack, wind speed, temperature, humidity, and even the Coriolis effect. But there was still too much of a chance to miss, or worse, hit Moro... She looked again. Moro's face, the face of the man she also loved, was growing purple now.
Tsunemori.jpg

0KVPzZx.png
"Dammit! He doesn't have time!!! I'm taking the shot!" growled Haruka as she exhaled furiously, emptying her lungs so that even the subtle volumetric changes of gas diffusing across her alveoli would not add any extra vibration that would throw off her aim. She closed her aiming eye for a second before opening it again, to check her natural point of aim and make sure that the reticle still centered on the exact same place she had worked so hard to establish.

The center of Enishi's back was dead center in her scope. Every time he drew back his fist to land another blow, crimson spattered across metal. Lightly and slowly, against every panicked instinct telling her to jerk the damned thing and save Moro, she squeezed the trigger. The thrum of the massive prods releasing their energy into the bolt was followed momentarily by the thunderous clap of the gas-reset system readying the weapon for another shot. Through her scope, the bolt lanced a silvery trail through the air and smashed into Enishi's shoulder...

And entered Tagiushi Moro's midsection, blossoming crimson over both men. The shock of the impact made Enishi's grip weaken suddenly, and he fell to the roof of the train, rolling in agony. Moro however, fell to the side and limply rolled off of the side of the moving train. Headfirst, he careened two hundred feet into the blue water below before disappearing with a tiny splash of white.

Numbness gripped Haruka's consciousness and refused to let go. Methodically, she inhaled to give her body a respite, before slowly shifting her position on the ground to line her reticle on Enishi's writhing form. The crosshairs lined up on his head, and she slowly squeezed the trigger again... Only to see the bolt crash into the stone lip of a tunnel's roof as the train, and Enishi, slipped into the darkness.

"MORO-NII!!!" screamed Eru as she realized what had happened. Abandoning the chase for Enishi, she leapt off of the side of the train before she would have been sucked into the tunnel, and dove toward the water where the wake of Moro's entry was still visible...

</B>
<B>Later...​

Trauma Intensive Care Unit
Aesculapium, Kumogakure no Sato, Kaminari no Kuni
...0800 hours, present day

Nara-NPC_zpsb0a5a210.jpg

cloud_medninchief_zps5aa33632.gif

"He's too unstable to go to the OR, Vice Commander. If we attempt to perform surgery right now, he will die," said the mednin Chief to Ayumu, shaking his head. "The best treatment we have right now is to place him in indefinite suspended animation in a bacta tank, similar to how we preserve living organs prior to transplant. There, his body will be given the chance to recover, and eventually, we may begin the reconstruction."

"H-h-how long..." Haruka, her voice unusually withdrawn and timid.

"I don't know, Taichou. Months, at least. Maybe years. And I cannot guarantee that he will be able to function again normally. You brought us a dead man, essentially. Isaki would have called the code immediately under any other circumstance, but I guess he was feeling somewhat...differently. I am truly sorry, but I need to go back and finish his orders. I'm sure you understand," said the chief as he nodded to Ayumu and started to walk away.

"I s-s-s-see..." she said, casting her eyes down to the floor. Eru held her hand, silently. "V-v-v-ice Commander... As s-s-strategic operations h-h-head I r-r-remind y-you that in s-s-such circumstances y-y-you are t-t-to assume c-c-command as s-s-sennin. I'd als-s-so l-l-like to s-s-submit my r-r-r-resignation..."

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This couldn't be happening. Ayumu stared in shock at the messenger who had come to him in the ANBU Sennin's office where he had temporarily set himself up, taking care of business until Moro returned. He had just been informed that Moro, originally his sempai and now the Regent Commander of the ANBU, had been grievously injured in a fight with Enishi, sworn enemy of the village. What was more, the wound was a result of accidental friendly fire, a terrible accident in an attempt to save his life. Ayumu's mind was already racing as he shot up from his seat and rushed out of the room to take one of the shortcuts nearest the hospital.

---

Ayumu stood in the room, staring with haunted eyes at the Med-nin Chief who was explaining how they intended to keep Moro alive. Ayumu had half come here expecting to see Moro wiping blood from his mouth, revealing a smirk and giving a thumbs-up to say he was going to be okay. It was a stupid fantasy, nothing ever went that way with ANBU. Here they were, losing a Sennin, mere months after the last took her own life. Ayumu wasn't sure he could have ever been prepared for the amount of death encountered in this branch. They were supposed to be the elite, they weren't supposed to die. He supposed that was just the nature of the beasts that ANBU had to face. But there was hope in what the Chief explained to them. Moro would just need time. Ayumu held on to that. He had to, to keep his resolve.

Haruka asked a question in a worn, wavering voice. Ayumu glanced from her, back to the Chief who answered. Ayumu's hope was chipped away at as the man spoke, explaining just how dire the situation still was. If Moro were to recover at all, it would probably take a long time. Even then, there was no assurance that he would recover at all. The Chief apologized for the circumstances and insisted that he needed to go and do what he had explained to them.

"I understand... thank you," Ayumu said solemnly as the man walked away to place Moro in the tank. As he walked away, Haruka mustered all of her strength to speak. To remind Ayumu of that which he already knew. The burden that Moro held, passed on from Rin, was now placed onto his shoulders. Perhaps worse than that, however, was her resignation. Ayumu couldn't blame her for wanting to quit after this, but he was now in a position of terrible weight, without nearly the experience that he should have had to carry the title. He wasn't sure he could do it without help, and the two before him were really all he had. Ayumu turned to the other ANBU in the room, the messenger whom had brought him here.

"Inform Hayata Shin... and Takaki Masao, of what's transpired," Ayumu said, the ANBU giving a solemn nod and departing to deliver the news. Kushin already knew, of course. He was the first of the Sennin to know. The Raikage needed to know as well, if the Senninship was changing hands. Finally, Masao should also know, being a Sennin as well... and also a friend of Moro. That handled, Ayumu turned back to Haruka and Eru. Haruka looked broken, as might anybody who had been through what she had just experienced. It was her bolt that pierced Moro's chest, but he would have died if she hadn't taken the shot. Despite that fact, she was clearly and understandably devastated. Still, he couldn't lose her invaluable assistance if it could be avoided. Ayumu placed a hand on the side of Haruka's shoulder.

"Haruka... I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling. Just know... that this wasn't your fault. It was that fucking bastard, Enishi," Ayumu said, malice clear in his voice as he said the man's name. How many would the ANBU lose because of him and his group? Even Ayumu's own father had been permanently retired due to the injury he received trying to chase him. It was rare for Ayumu to hate somebody, but if there was anybody he hated, it was him. Ayumu took a breath to remain as calm as he could.

"Take some time, as much as you need... but please, don't quit. I need your help. Both of you," Ayumu said, looking to Eru as well, pleading for Haruka to stay. Ayumu had expected Eru to take it worse than Haruka, honestly. He wondered if she was in shock, or maybe she was emotionally stronger than she seemed. He hoped Haruka and Eru would remain to help him, but of course could not blame them if they chose not to. He would forge on one way or another, with help from friends or alone.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eru blinked as Ayumu addressed her. She had not said a word to anyone since Moro’s pale-white body had been wheeled into the trauma bay of the Aesculapium. The wild ride back to Kumogakure on the medevac carriage had been the longest hour of her life. Haruka and Eru had taken turns pumping on the injured ANBU Sennin’s chest, refusing to let the mednins on the carriage perform that task for them. The white coats could do anything else needed to sustain the life of the man the two women loved, but CPR could not be interrupted, for the more pauses they accumulated, the less chance Moro would have of ever waking up. By the time they had arrived, Tagiushi Moro had been defibrillated over twenty times and had depleted the entire store of the medevac’s on-board cardiac medication. Only after Kushin had winched the chest cavity open and was squeezing Moro’s heart in his gloved hands had the two women finally stepped away and collapsed in each others’ bloodstained arms.

“I…I…” started Haruka, her voice alarmingly broken. The woman started to shiver uncontrollably, and slowly got down to her knees, sobbing.

“Give us a moment alone, Nii-chan,” said Eru to Ayumu, in a tone that would not brook “no” for an answer. As Ayumu stepped away to deal with his own thoughts, he watched out of the corner of his eye as Eru whispered something into Haruka’s ear. After a few minutes, her sobs ceased, and surprisingly, the Taichou’s expression became more peaceful. She wiped her red, puffy eyes free of tears and slowly rose to her feet.

“I’m not going anywhere, Regent…no, Grand Commander,” she said, finally saluting him. “We have a lot of work to finish, and our numbers too low. You've got a lot to do, so I won’t even grope you that much, at least for now. By your leave,” she said, smiling as she stiffly turned and departed.

Eru, meanwhile, stood with her arms crossed as she watched her friend leave the room.

“Do you know what I said to her, Sennin Kogami?” she asked finally, fixing her one-eyed gaze on Ayumu with soul-searing intensity. “I didn’t tell her everything would be okay, or that Moro-nii-chan would recover, or that we'd all be happy together again. I told her that one day, we were going to kill them all.”

[Ayumu appointed ANBU Sennin, NPC's left topic.]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Unfortunately, it didn't seem Haruka was in any shape to decide right now whether or not she could continue in the branch. She crumpled to her knees, crying. Ayumu was about to crouch down to try to console her, Eru broke her silence, requesting a private moment between the two women. Ayumu did want to protest, to some extent, but he knew that the two of them had a deep bond, more than what he could claim to have with either of them. This time, it was Eru's turn to support Haruka instead of the other way around. She was definitely stronger than Ayumu could have imagined before this day.

"...Alright," he said, backing up and stepping aside on his own. He walked over to the nearby door and waited, staring out the small crack as he hoped to overhear what they were saying. Unfortunately, the whispers were too quiet and drown out by Haruka's sobbing. From the corner of his eye, Ayumu could only see Eru leaning in to whisper to Haruka. She didn't seem to calm at first, but after a few minutes her sobbing wound down, her breathing becoming more relaxed. Whatever Eru had said to her, it was helping. She stood up and addressed Ayumu by his new title, the one Rin had left for him when she died. She was smiling as she explained that they had work to do and left.

"Thank you, Haruka," he said sincerely as she left after one of her trademark borderline sexual harassment coments. Though she seemed like her same self, Ayumu knew she would be changed, and probably still need some time. That was up to her. He watched her walk out of the room and then turned to look at Eru who remained. She didn't share her friend's cheerful look. She stared at Ayumu, looking more serious than he had ever seen her and told him what she had told Haruka to bring her back. No comforting words or promises of hope, just the promise of cold blooded revenge. Ayumu returned her gaze with equal sincerity.

"You're goddamn right we are."

[Topic Left, thanks Masao]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back