Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Career Change? [Kahako/Tutor]

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Two days had passed since Kiri had come to visit the youngest Santaru in her new place of dwelling, the Santaru manor, a place she still found uncomfortable to be in, let alone live, but the choice that Kiri had placed in her hands continued to bear down upon the young teenager. A mednin. It was true, her idealist thoughts were not rational, she knew that even more now after the exam, but it was still a dream and a hope, nonetheless. The thought of killing others really didn't sit well with her either, but she had so few skills and ninjutsu was all she was good at, particularly the elements. Could she really be a mednin? Perhaps Kahako was just feeling sorry for the pitiful performance, yet it did pose a number of questions.

She had scraped together what little money she had at the time and purchased a basic book on healing arts and started practicing, just for a test to see if she was even able to perform simple things and it seemed possible. It was that book, and the letter written by the med-chief. However, the names were something that she couldn't get out of her mind. Shinrya and Kogami. Of course, Kogami was the surname of the Raikage and Shinrya a noble clan, but also the clan led by Kitsune, the woman she had journeyed with and met Kichirou with as well. It didn't take much research to find the name as her daughter, not someone in position as heir who married the Raikage. The letter had been placed back in the envelope and brought along with her to the offices.

It was early in the morning, very early and only people just arriving to work would be out and about this morning and it was the desk clerk who had just arrived and pointed the girl towards the office of Shinrya-Kogami Kahako. It was a bit of a walk, the building was rather intimidating, though there was very little the youth did not find intimidating. The knowledge that she was a Jinchuuriki and had yet to register was still fresh in her mind. It rarely was not. The Lion Volt made sure of it, mocking her under it's locked seal which felt like it was weakening to the young Santaru. She...she should admit to it, though. Perhaps when finding out why Kahako singled her out to join the medics and if it was just out of pity. That was important to know for the young girl. Whether she was just feeling sorry for the inept, stuttering genin or truly saw potential. If Kahako believed in the possibility of Sayomi.

The office was empty, it was very early in the day, after all. The woman who directed her did mention it as well, to come back later on, but Sayomi feared that she would lose the nerve to do so if she left. So she would wait. The minutes ticked by and boredom grew and so did exhaustion. It was comforting to sit down against the wall next to the door, though it did not take long before her head started to droop and the girl to fall asleep, still holding both the book and letter in her arms.

[WC: 544]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As her boots clicked against the familiar halls of the Aesculapium, Kahako could not help but smile widely at the sudden change of plans. Indeed after the Grand Tourney in Tea, it was her intention to head onward to Wind country and then Sunagakure. But Fate, it seem, had different plans for her. She received word that her clone, upon completing it’s duty as exam proctor, extended an offer to a young female genin who abysmally failed the chunin exam.

Kahako couldn’t help but chuckle at the oddity of it as she rounded the corner to her office. Normally, her clones held limited cognitive function. Despite her best efforts to improve, her clones had always been incapable of doing more than one instructed task. So when the thing finally disappeared, and her memory of what transpired became her own, she was surprised at it’s deduction to take one Santaru Sayomi as her student.

But… it hadn’t been wrong. After reviewing the details of the results in full, she had to agree with her clone’s deduction. Although her family name signified that she hailed from a clan with a deep history in Kumogakure’s military, Sayomi’s demeanor showed that the girl would have trouble taking a life for the sake of taking.

Kahako was pulled from her musings when she rounded the corner and saw a small, limp body leaning against the front of her door. She frowned sharply before immediately moving into action. Her first instinct was to assume it was a patient who found their way far outside the public area of the hospital. However, as she approached the sloped body, she realized it was no one more than the very girl who piqued her curiosity and influenced her return to Lightening for a short period.

Kahako had to restrain the chuckle that bubbled at the tip of her tongue. Although the girl was a few years older than her son, Kahako couldn’t help but relate the sleeping face of the girl to Susumu. Crouching to her eye level and resting on the heels of her feet, Kahako grabbed the girl’s shoulder, shaking lightly while idly remembering the many times a young Susumu fell asleep in a common area waiting for her to come home.

“Santaru-san, you will catch a cold if you stay here.”

The obvious surprise at being caught, Kahako simply smiled as the girl’s possible mortification. “Why don’t we go in, and I make us some tea? If I am correct, I should have just gotten a new shipment in.”

With a soft click, Sayomi would find herself in Kahako’s office. Dark tones of red, brown, and blacks colored much of the room. Walls from floor to ceiling contained bookshelves of books, scrolls, and closed cabinets. All surrounded a central, large desk housing papers stacked neatly on top. Yet despite the dark theme of the room, Sayomi would not feel like she just walked into a dungeon. A large bay window outlooking the city brought in a great deal of natural light in the morning, giving it a feeling of a home versus the stereotypical study that it was decorated as.

Kahako did not skip a beat as she walked over to an area meant for meeting. “Please, sit.” she said, gesturing to a chair before walking over to a cabinet against the wall. Opening the doors, Kahako pulled out a hidden table housing various objects for making tea. As her fingers busied itself with preparations, Kahako spoke over her shoulder to the girl.

“Now, I know you have many questions about the letter you hold in your hands, but before we dive into the conversation, I must know how you are faring after the news you received?”

Kahako kept her head down and her back to the girl, but glanced her eyes up to a mirror that hung on the wall before her and gave her a good view of the girl.
WC: 656/1500 post 1/5

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The world was still, almost deathly so, for the fourteen-year-old as she sat in the chosen space, asleep, dreamless and sound. It was for the best. The dreams that had plagued the teen as of late were generally of a far more terrible nature than a pleasant one with Kichirou and Yume. Cuddling one or even the pair would have been a wonderful joy, though Kichirou could be quite squirmy at times, still stayed for her sake. The expression on the girl's face was peaceful, a rare sight for one to see with her, and she did not move an inch from this, barely breathing, an unaware onlooker might assume she was dead at first sight.

Of course, a peaceful sleep could not last forever and the teen was woken by a light touch, causing an incomprehensible murmur to touch her lips as she slowly opened her eyes to see a woman who she had...never seen before. Just being in this place seemed to be foreign as she questioned where she was for a brief moment. It took a moment or two and she heard her name...how did this woman know her name? She was older and beautiful, easy to tell, but still a stranger. This was the medical ward. Now she remembered. That would make the woman standing before her the person who wrote the letter, or so she hoped as she clutched the letter a bit closer to herself.

This must seem extremely rude and presumptuous of her, to come unannounced like this and then be found on the floor outside of the woman's office. The thoughts going through Sayomi's head of what must be going through Kahako's mind was certainly far from flattering in favor of the small brunette. There was a minuscule attempt to talk, but the girl only could stutter out sounds, far from actual words, a gentle blush coloring her pale cheeks as she nodded, scrambling to her feet. She bit down on her lip, holding the book close as she entered, her eyes roaming unconsciously and taking in the area. It all seemed so...advanced. Scrolls and books with names that she couldn't even pronounce. An intelligence that was far beyond the grasp of the young girl as she took a deep breath, knowing for certain now that she did not belong in this profession.

She could zap and be good at that. It was all that she was good at doing.

The Santaru youth did not hesitate to accept the offer to sit down, feeling more than flustered and overwhelmed and feeling like she might collapse if her knees buckled from standing. The brown eyes flaked with purple swirled inside did not calm in the least, shifting her gaze constantly and never once keeping it upon Kahako. The discomfort was apparent to even the most foolish of observers, even at the best of times right now, the girl failed to stop a slight nervous fidget, though that was still a great success on her part as she listened to her.

"T-T-Thank you for seeing me...Kahako-sama..." The teen managed to get out, very weakly, trying to figure out a way to properly word what she wanted to say in response to the actual question, wondering all the while why she did not look at her. Sayomi clutched at the book, putting it in front of her on her lap almost as if to use as a shield from the awkward situation, the letter poking out of it. "I...I k-knew I wasn't....worth b-being a chuunin..." she said softly under her breath as tried to think. The only thing on her mind was obnoxiously persistent and pounded on, drilling into her mind and then into her tongue. She could no longer hold on to it. It was impossible to hold back. "A-Are you...sure...sure you'd..." again, her words were soft, almost ashamed and terrified to receive an answer, but the uncertainty was eating at her. "A-ARE YOU SURE Y-Y-YOU'D WANT SO...SOMEONE LIKE ME AS AN A-APPRENTICE???" the outburst had been building for days out of sheer terror from this moment.

She had even popped up from her seat for a moment and it took less than that moment to realize what she did. Raised her voice and questioned the judgment of an important woman in Kumo. If her cheeks weren't red before, they were now purple from her shame and Sayomi sat immediately and opened the book. She bent over in the chair and hid her face behind the pages of the book as the letter slipped out and drifted upon the floor a few feet. She spoke once more, difficult to hear and muffled behind the pages of the medical text. "I-I'm sorry! I...It's...not m-my place to q-q-question...I'm...just...not g-good at much...a-anything...certainly n-not being a k-kunoichi..." And like the chuunin exams, tears slowly began to form and stain the book slowly with salty drops.

[WC = 824]
[TWC = 1,368]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako had to conjure a surprising amount of willpower to refrain from chuckling at the girls antics. Indeed, Santaru Sayomi’s hesitant nature grew worse when she was nervous. She noted the girl’s trembling knees as she grew a crazy shade of red in the face. Asking Kahako why she would want someone like her to be her apprentice. Biting her bottom lip to keep the smirk from showing, the mednin poured hot water into a delicately painted teapot before placing it and two matching tea cups on a small tray. She answered Sayomi’s screaming question and follow up apology with a quiet hum. “You are not incorrect in asking if you feel like you are not qualified to be a medical ninja. Indeed a written and oral exam that covered nothing about medical practice is a strange place to find a potential student, especially when that student failed said exam miserably.”

As she walked to the chairs with a silent, but calming smile, Kahako idly wondered if someone could actually asphyxiate from embarrassment and pass out. “But yes. I am quite certain in my decision to ask you to be my apprentice. I will be honest that it was instead one of my clones who made the decision, as I was out of the country. Much to my dismay, I am not known to make the most intelligent of clones, but after reading your results in the exam along with my clone’s report, I found that it’s interest in you was not wrong.”

Setting the tray down, she sat across from the girl who now hid her shame behind the pages of a basic medical book. An empathetic smile graced her face, as feelings and emotions from a long time ago filtered to the surface of her mind. “And what, if you mind me asking, do you think makes a kunoichi good at what they do?” she asked softly. Crossing her legs and leaning forward, Sayomi would see Kahako’s smile lessen a bit, a tone of seriousness painting her face as she waited for the girl’s response. For just as Sayomi was asking questions in this meeting, Kahako was also looking for answers to some of her own.

WC: 656 +368 = 1024/1500 post 2/5

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The nerves were really building up in the fourteen year old and that outburst was the cause, though there was no ease after she calmed down. In fact, it only served to make her far more tense and embarrassed overall. Miss Kahako, however, seemed much more collected, perhaps this was the true power of being an adult? An accomplished, intelligent, pretty adult who towered over the small girl in every single way. And eloquent as well, not nervous in the slightest, just being near her was intimidating. And she was a medical chief, Sayomi couldn't stop thinking of never being able to measure up to bar set by this woman and a loud voice roared in agreement within her head. Telling her she had better give up.

"This woman can set you free of me. Set me free to get my revenge. Quick, so I may return back after burn those whom had called me to ash," the Raiju roared in her mind, leaving her trying to ignore the creature. She couldn't do that, let the beast loose so that it might destroy Kumo in the process. But a good point was made, unrelated to it's words. Kahako wasn't aware she was a jinchuuriki.

Sayomi tried to listen while trying to figure out a way to tell her about this affliction. The words were confusing, not sure if Kahako was trying to praise her or not, particularly when she mentioned that her clones' mentality were less than adequate over all. Then a question on her end was posed to the young Santaru, one which made the tension seize her even more. Though, ultimately, it wasn't a hard question to answer for the girl. She knew what a good kunoichi was.

"E-Everything I a-am not..." she blurted out softly, still hiding behind the cover of the book to protect her own shame from the world as it almost sounded like a whimper accompanied it. "I'm n-not brave or strong...c-certainly not smart. I d-don't have talent for ninja arts...no t-taijutsu or genjutsu...I'm b-barely competent at Ninjutsu. And...and w-w-what's worse is..."

The brunette paused, lowering the book down as her eyes swam, flooded with tears that highlighted the bits of purple highlight in her eyes and for a moment, the briefest of moments, it seemed as if they turned red, though many would pass it off as a trick of the light coupled with her tears. "I'm....I'm t-tainted. The L-Lion Volt that c-came down a f-few months back...I f-fought to h-help people when it a-attacked the v-village. Fought to p-protect and save wi-with Kaji-sensei and Hirateuchi-san," she continued, tapping her chest, directly over her heart with two fingers pointing. "I-It's inside of me. I'm a d-danger...and I'm s-scared. It c-calls itself the Raiju and it w-wants out, to t-take revenge on those who s-summoned it. I'm s-scared of it, but...I d-don't want it to harm the village a-anymore. But I don't have a-anywhere else to go, either. I'm no g-good to anyone..."

It certainly wasn't how she wished to confess the danger she possessed and represented, but once she began speaking, it was as if she couldn't stop, as if a long-bound confession to a secret that had been held for so long poured out uncontrollably. And like the earlier outburst, it did not help how she felt, no sense of relief. It only guided her deeper into depression.
[WC = 572]
[TWC = 1,940]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At first she calmly listened to the girl count all her many failures. Every reason as to why she should not be considered a shinobi in any right was met with an open ear. However, as her list grew, Kahako physically balked at Sayomi’s admission to being a Jinchuuriki. That bit of integral information was definitely left out of the girl’s file. Was it intentional, or did she simply not know that being unregistered was illegal?

The admission indeed left her speechless for a moment, but within her a interested hum rippled through her mind. ‘Tell me, do you actually have a magical power that attracts demons to your very being, Kahako?’ Sakada teased. Kahako felt the pull of her blood as the demonic soul tried to reach out to the girl with her chakra. ‘Hmm… I do not sense the Elder One within her, so it’s definitely not your defiled blood that drew you to her. It most certainly must be what your son calls ‘a super power.’’

Kahako promptly ignored the taunts of the soul within her. Pulling herself together, she set her cup down. “Sayomi… I know a good many shinobi who are haunted by demons. And I do not mean their vices. It is not easy being a jinchuuriki, but a decent life is not impossible.” She spoke slowly with a calm cadence.

“And from your story, it seems you are everything that a kunoichi should be.” Looking to her tea, Kahako hesitated on the bridge of speaking her mind or saving face. She settled on somewhere in between. “Before you were born, my mother publicly disgraced my family. Fear lead her to inaction. Inaction lead to the death of a great man and our country was weakened for it. Eventually, her inaction was exposed, and she was forced from the highest point in her military career to near family ruin. She has become a better person for it, but some will never let the stain disappear.” she shook her head.

“You too were given a similar decision when this Raiju became one with you. Inaction or action. You chose to defend your home. Despite your self-proclaimed weaknesses, you stood by your sensei and your comrade and you chose to protect your people no matter the cost. And the cost was great. For that you have proven yourself a more than capable kunoichi in my mind. For absolute strength is not everything, and mastery only comes with experience and time.”

Pausing a moment, Kahako offered the girl a handkerchief from her lab coat pocket to dry her eyes. “I can continue on until I am blue, but this is not why I called you here. No, despite your fears, I see a potential within you. A strong desire to protect. An extremely high level of empathy for others. People believe we mednin are here only to heal the body. But what of the heart? The soul? The mind? Our shinobi also become damaged in these areas as well. There are very few with the innate skill even among mednin to help there. Even fewer who openly wish to walk into the darkest parts of the mind in order to pull others back into to light.” Kahako smiled softly “So to speak.”

With this, Kahako crossed her arms. “With that in mind, I would like to offer you the chance the train under me for an eventual position in the Sentou Henkan. It is a division of the hospital that deals directly with ANBU branch. We assist them on their missions should they need a medical shinobi, but there are those among the team who also provide emotional support should they come looking for it.” Her eyes darkened. “I believe, with training and guidance, your unique personality can benefit my branch. Knowing what I know now, I do believe it can also be exceptionally beneficial to you personally, as you will be mostly around individuals who are more than capable of handling a Jinchuu who has lost control. The decision is yours to make. You only need the will to want it. We can worry about your technical capability when the time comes.”

WC: 1024 + 693= 1500+/1500 post 3/5

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The moment was certainly disagreeable and the girl felt uncomfortable as the Lion Volt spoke in her mind, chiding her, scolding her, humiliating her, and overall, intimidating her. Still, it did not stop her from putting everything out on the line and being outcasted from this room and society as a whole, but it was something that she just couldn't hide any longer. The terror of being found out was building up inside of her because, honestly, she was not fully aware of how many people outside of Kaji, Hira, and her family were aware of what transpired that horrible night.

When she finally finished speaking, she felt ready to collapse, as if a tremendous weight were not lifted from her shoulders so much as it was hoisted with great effort on her part and the toll had been extracted severely. She winced, waiting for scolding words of terror, but instead only found comforting words that seemed to disperse her own nightmare and weariness with the gentle tones, something that was both confusing and lovely all at the same time. Indeed, even the Raiju became silent as it listened to what she had to say, hoping to hear a way to extract its essence from the meager host's body as soon as possible, though in that case it would find only disappointment.

As she recollected the moments of infusion, a momentary flash of fire blazed across the young girl's mind, making her recoil in fear for it had been the flames sparked from the lightning of the beast that was the greatest fear of Sayomi these days. More than anything, the all engulfing flames tormented her mind, but it was the dulcet voice of Kahako that brought her from being lost in those memories as she continued to speak. Sayomi took the handkerchief gingerly and dabbed at the corners of her eyes as she continued to listen, placing it back in her hands and her hands in her lap.

She blinked, not wanting to let the handkerchief go, feeling rather calm having it on her person for reasons that she could not explain, almost not wanting to give it back. Yet, there was now a choice which she had been certain would not have been given at this point. Her own words did not dissuade the medical ninja and so the young Santaru could only nod. "Y-Yes, please...I wish to t-try, if...if you'll have me..."

This was one of the few people to actually have faith in her, how could she disappoint?

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The medical chief took another sip of her tea and nodded. “Good, then we will begin training immediately.” Setting her cup down, Kahako shifted comfortably in her chair before crossing a leg. The smile she once held was now gone, but a warmth in her eye remained as she analyzed Sayomi intently. “You will need to fill out paperwork registering yourself as a jinchuriki. It is the law that all those involved in kinjutsu be registered as such with the medical branch. Only the Raikage and the Sennin have access to this information, but for your safety and all those who know, you must do this.”

With Sayomi’s confirmation that she understood, Kahako continued. “Now, food for thought to begin your training… I have a question for you that I want you to answer. Don’t feel bad if you get the answer incorrect, the entire point is to begin the process of how to see a situation differently. From the perspective of not only a psychologist, but also a sociologist.” She crossed and re-crossed her legs. Twisting her fingers around them and placed them upon her lap.

“In the past as a trainee, I once travelled to a village nestled on the edge of the northern tundra valleys. The geography there caused mountain streams to develop miles away from the village, but the area was so rich in ore, that the mining village was created regardless. The women there, while accustomed to the harsh environment, often spent a good majority of their day trekking miles along the mountain paths carrying water in large jars upon their shoulders while the men tended to the mine.

“A string of illness broke out amongst the people, and I was dispatched. Upon my arrival, I found that they were getting sick from a common bacterium that could easily have been avoided if they had more water to provide proper sanitation. Since the trek to the nearest stream took most of the day, and the people were limited to what they could carry, I found myself needing to find a way to bring a water source to them so the issue would not happen again.

“Being a water adept, it wasn’t difficult for me to find a natural aqueduct with which to create a well. Believing my job complete, and the people cured, I returned to Kumogakure. Six months later, I learned that the village grew sick again, and the well, while completely functional went completely unused.”

In a way, Kahako’s grew more serious as she recounted the experience. She analyzed Sayomi intently. “Why do you think the well went unused?”

[OoC: For the record you're approved as a Med-nin in Training now so you can go and get your banner and link this. Will be posting soon hopefully.]

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Things changed almost immediately as the realization of what she had agreed to began to set in and the smile was wiped from Kahako's face, Sayomi dared not look into her eyes however. Not to be rude or out of fear of her, in particular, just a habit she had always acquired, like an animal afraid to look a superior in the eyes. In her case, however, most everyone was a superior in one way or another, whether by skill or rank. Kahako was both. And Sayomi flinched subtly at the notation of paperwork for a jinchuuriki, it was a...somewhat public notification and acceptance of what she had become and she wasn't entirely ready for it.

She only nodded in affirmation to her request to register, it was the law, after all. Still, the youth's hazel gaze drifted downwards towards the side, look at the floor beneath them and the legs of the medical chief's desk. The young Santaru hung onto every word the woman spoke, not daring to interrupt lest she missed something. This was a test also, it seemed. Already. Was it crucial? She said success wasn't, but she knew ninjas were supposed to be tricky so this could have been one of those times.

Knowing this, she listened to every word in depth trying to keep everything fresh in her mind, despite attempts of it to try and wander, thinking that the village water problem would be easy to fix for her with her weather manipulation abilities before switching gears back to listening to her again. Was the illness from the long trips to get water or the exhaustion from mining or both? This seemed very complicated, but it seemed Kahako-sensei had solved it and all was well for just a moment. A brief smile that had begun forming from pride of her mentor's accomplishments disappeared when she heard the question posed to her, making her wonder the reason and remember this was a test.

She sat in silence, noticably trying to think of an answer and coming up with several different answers in her mind as the clocked ticked on, only thing to break the silence before the young kunoichi began to build up the courage to answer properly.

"W-Well, maybe...pride? T-They didn't...want to be h-helped by outside? Or...uhm...well...maybe..." the girl stuttered, trying to think of a proper way to phrase it as both seemed to be very indicative of Santaru ways with her clan being both filled with pride and one more thing. "H-Habit, maybe? They w-were so used....to living l-life one way...that another d-d-didn't seem to a-appeal to them?" she said, realizing how stupid it must sound and hanging her head in utter defeat having surely failed.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After her spiel, Kahako watched with a blank expression as Sayomi began thinking deeply on her question. In the moment of silence, she studied the distracted kunoichi carefully. The stutter in her voice travelled through the tiny tremors in her body, and when she fell into her own thoughts, she stilled though not completely. A possible anxiety? Was it socially induced or from trauma? Her wide eyes held an air of childhood innocence, yet still maintained a shade that only a harsh life could bring. At this point in their relationship, it was impossible to tell. But not exactly a habit impossible to break.

Kahako lowered her teacup when Sayomi finally gave her answer. A smile threatened to spill on her features, but the only outward appearance of approval the newly minted Mednin-in-training would receive would be a softening of the Medical Sennin’s emerald eyes. “You are correct in your second assessment, and your first was a logical conclusion. For generations, the women of this village gathered water in one way, and as such it became a part of their culture. From mother to daughter, the responsibility of providing something necessary to their harsh life was an almost sacred duty. A duty that bound them together as more than a village. The connections they made daily on that long trek made them all family.”

Kahako took another short to take the last sip of her tea and gaze out at the typical Kumogakure weather. “In building the well, I ignored a profound part of their culture. Only thinking of what would be the best solution in my own worldview, I confined them to their homes and with nothing to do, those connections began to fall apart. They lost each other in the darkness of their very rooms, and it wasn’t until one demanded they return to their tradition of making the trek did that sense of loss disappear. The consequences be damned.”

0WnKB59.gif

Setting her cup down onto the coffee table, Kahako looked back to Sayomi. Green began turn into a mesmerizing haze of reds and blues. “Though a true story, the ending has a lesson for every Sentou member that I find to be almost poetic. A lesson you picked up on innately. A very good observation, indeed.”

With another blink, the shade of colors immediately blended back into her solid green, almost as if the effect was nothing more than a very odd trick of the light. The warm smile she had before returning, though a bit subdued. “Yes, with proper training, I believe the Sentou Henkan will have find themselves with a fine Mednin operative in the future.”

Looking at the clock in her office, Kahako stood from her seat and went to the vast bookshelf behind her desk. “You will need more than just your one book to get you started as a mednin in training. Since you were a gennin under Main Branch, I believe your combat should be on part with what is required for a low-ranking SH member.” She returned to the girl with two hefty novels. One on human anatomy and the other with a title that suggested the introduction to psychology. “Of which, I will ensure to test you at a later time. For now, we must catch you up to your peers. Read. I will test the knowledge you manage to obtain from the chapters your cover over the course of today. If you need to take notes, there are empty notebooks in the cabinets over there. You will find you have full access to the hospital’s research wing, including laboratories, study rooms, and class halls, but you can stay here. The choice on where you study is yours.”

Confident she gave the girl before her enough material to last the day, Kahako turned, prepared to begin on her daily duties as Sennin. Grabbing a file at the top of her stack, she opened the report to the first page. “Oh, and Sayomi-chan. Welcome to Medical Branch. If you have any questions of me, feel free to ask.” she said with a final gentle smile.
One me post from me in this thread, and I'll be done. It's a bit of personal character dev, so you can TL in your next post if you wish.

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako praised her. It felt nice, or at the very least, it seemed like praise. The crimson tinge that touched her cheeks and ears turned that much more red when she did so and though it was from embarassment, she still could not hide the smile that crept upon her lips, curling them, however slightly as they did. And she listened. Talking was difficult, but nodding was not nearly so much and it made her and adept listener. She would take the lesson to heart and repeat the words again in her mind whenever the medical sennin would take a break or pause. It was almost a surprise to herself that the young Santaru would answer with any sense of correctness. She certainly did not in the last test she had attempted.

An utter failure. But one that had led here nonetheless.

She never thought of travelling to haul water like that. Her stamina might have been strong, but not so for her physical strength. Doing this probably required intense ability and aptitude in both, but that forced the women of this village to become...depressed without the long and seemingly demeaning task? Nothing else they could do? It seemed so impossible. But she had only known the life in a ninja village. Her own mother and father were poor as could be, but she grew up seeing her mother work right along side her father in their business. A powerful woman was directly in front of her and leadership of the village was half women. This was incredibly odd, but while trying to understand, she only came to the conclusion that this meant there was so much more to know and learn.

More praise came, she raised her shoulders and lowered her chin just a bit to cover her cheeks, but as she chanced a glance upwards, did her eyes change? What was the reason? Hurriedly looking away, she wondered and pondered to herself. It might be rude to do so, she was not only a superior as a ninja, but one far above herself in a lofty station of life in several ways. The massive two books, however, were hard to ignore and she heard a chuckle in the back of her head, a mocking one, but Sayomi preferred books to people 99 times out of 100. And it gave her plenty of opportunities to study and learn.

She also found a form, one that required to to sign.

"Uhm, K-Kahako-sama....I'd like to stay for a b-bit longer...I'll s-sit over in the c-c-corner...and be quiet..." she said, standing and giving a deep, respectful bow before retreating to the corner and sitting down, writing out the form for a moment. She moved only once more to rise and submit it, before going back to her corner.
Form 505.1B​
Personal Details​

Name: Santaru Sayomi
Date of Birth: July 10th
Sex: F
Bloodline: Santaru

------

Common Name Of Kinjutsu: Jinchuuriki

Location Kinjutsu Was Acquired: Susukino District - Dawnbringer's Plaza

How Was The Kinjutsu Acquired? Lion Volt was summoned by unknown forces and Kaji-sensei asked me to assist him, but it was instable and sought electricity to stabilize itself. It attacked and devastated the area before attacking me seeing me as a source of electricity, but was trapped and sealed inside me by my Santaru bloodline. That's what is thought, at least.

Body Parts/Bodies Used In Conjunction With Kinjutsu Origins: Santaru Bloodline

Name Of Contact That Can Verify: Okada Kaji

------

Signature: Santaru Sayomi
Name: Santaru Sayomi

Mednin Signature: Name here.
Mednin Name:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back