Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Chance Encounter [Tutor]

Yuki Minikui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Minikui was wandering around when she happened upon the training dojo wondering if she could find someone to help train her there. It was all fine and fun to train on your own and get stronger but that only worked so well until you have mastered all of the things in your arsenal. Then it is time to seek out someone for more training which isn't normally all that hard to find especially in a place like this one right here. There was a long path to the top and she started her ascent up the path smiling the whole way. As she walked up the path the wind blew her brown hair to and fro quite violently which was a little annoying for her but it was something she was getting used to up here. It was a lot windier than she was used to but she was quickly getting used to it and many other things.

Once she reached the top of the stairs she stared at the architecture of the building smiling and pushed her way inside to see it was practically empty except one lone guy training. He was quite a bit taller than her and although he seemed to be training in taijustu currently it seemed as if he would have a lot of knowledge in general and so she approached him slowly at first as not to disturb him. He is focusing on his legs and feet it seems and she watches him for awhile until he takes a small break to catch his breath. Walking over closer quickly she smiles at the man and makes her presence known by walking straight up to him and tapping his arm.

"Hey sir. Would you mind helping me with some training? I have currently mastered all of my current skills and am looking to learn and gain more new skills. I would prefer if we could train in ninjustu rather than taijustu though as I saw you were already training and practicing your taijustu. I am currently specializing in water and fire ninjustu with water being more useful to me at this current moment in time. So any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. My name is Minikui Yuki and it is a pleasure to meet you sir." Upon finishing that sentence she offers her hand to the man for him to shake it.

[WC: 405 / TWC: 405]
[Post: 1/5]

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Panting, one hand planted firmly on his hip as the other loosely held the spiritual blade of Kusanagi loosely, letting the tip hang towards the floor, he noticed the small girl approaching him. Giving her a small smile, his had released the blade, letting it fall into dust as it returned back into the corrupted, mangled right arm on his body. Listening, he immediately arched an eyebrow at her out of confusion. Well, she certainly was a bold one if nothing else, not many people would just approach an Uchiha like that. Especially not in cloud, it seemed that the village had a serious stigma about the clan.

"Er.. well.." He said, looking to the dojo behind him before back to the girl. "I suppose I have time to offer to help an academy student out, I was just finishing up here. You wanna learn.. water style? Well, uh.."

There was a pause as Maikeru rubbed the back of his head, giving her a nervous laugh as she stood there.

"I'm much better at fire style, but, water style is something I have an affinity for. Uhm, with that combination may I assume you are trying to eventually go for vapor release? That I cannot teach you, but, we can work on the basics. Both of water style and of advanced elements in general."

Waving his hand, he ushered the girl over to the wall of the dojo, where he eventually took a seat in the lotus stance. Removing his jacket, he folded it and placed the garment next to himself, waiting for the girl to join him.

"We'll cover the fundamentals first before we get into practical work. Now, I'm assuming you know what an advanced element is, but, I'll cover it anyway. Every shinobi has at least one element they have an affinity for, though most above Genin level have two or three. I, myself, have five. Now, when you get true mastery over these chakras you have the ability to combine them inside of yourself to create a third, advanced element."

Holding out his hand, there was a silence that fell over the room before the air in his palm began to morph. It was subtle at first, like grains of sand gathering in his palm, before the form began to grow and solidify, leaving him with a flawlessly smooth and cut green crystal in his hand.

"Like this. By combining the elements of Water and Earth, I am able to create crystal. Savvy?"

Yuki Minikui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Smiling at the man she realizes his arm looks all messed up and she is curious about it. Before she can open her mouth to ask him about it however he begins to speak about elements and which ones he uses and about more advanced elements that require more than one element to be able to make such as the one he uses which is crystal. Seeing the green crystal in your hand I smile at you and begin to speak now that you are done. "Yes I am going for Vapor Release. Ever since I was a girl I have been very good at controlling my chakra flow unlike the other students. They would often times get jealous that I was so much better at chakra control than them but I lack in taijustu."

As she stood against the wall she simply made a ball of water in her hand copying what the man had done however she was making different shapes with it controlling just how big and small and different shapes in her hand. The water seemed to be made quite well and in essence it was but she still had a long way to go before she was able to combine water and fire to make vapor like she wanted to do. Turning her head back to the man she sent water flying at the dummy showing off her prowess and skill at controlling the water with her chakra. She was quite good at it but was always modest and ready to improve rather than thinking she's the best at it. "I hope that this helps you understand what I do and don't know about controlling water with my chakra. I am very good at controlling my chakra it is something I pride myself on and expect to help me in any future battle i may ever have.

['WC: 312 / TWC: 717]
[Post: 2/5]

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Maikeru listened to the girl speak, he let out a tired sigh. Though Maikeru was young, life had certainly aged and humbled him beyond his seventeen years. This girl, however, did not seem to have that benefit going for her, at least not at the moment. There was a pause, a single beat, as he considered the best way to handle this situation. Honestly, she was lucky to be born in the cloud village and not leaf with the attitude she put out, but, that was a thought for another time.

"Yes, I can see lots of things about your development." He said simply, closing his chakra burned hand around the crystal inside of it. "You're still young, so I don't expect you to have all the social graces of a shinobi, but some humility might be good for you to learn. As sure as I am that you are a prodigy child, it seems we have one every other day, but it's not something you proclaim to someone in the second sentence you ever say to them."

Standing from his seated position, Maikeru moved over to the dummy that the girl had hit with her water technique, noticing the slight splintering of wood that her jutsu had caused. It wasn't substantial, but, not much could be expected from using E-rank ninjutsu after all. Placing his hand on the head of the dummy, he looked back to the girl.

"You claim to be gifted in chakra control, but what I see here is nothing all that special. Sure, you might be a few months, or even a year ahead of your peers, but don't expect me to fawn over you for this level of jutsu." He was blunt with his words, cocking his head to the side to read the girl's reaction. "You have talent, and potential, but your pride will be your downfall, trust me on that one."

Maikeru's eyes still ached from the fight he had with Shieo, which had been the most humbling experience the boy had ever experienced in his short life. Shaking his head to clear that thought, he patted the dummy on top of the head as if issuing a command to the young kunoichi in front of him.

"Try it again. This time, try to break the dummy. For someone of your 'natural skill' it shouldn't be an issue. Hell, I'm a genin and I can do this."

Moving over to a different dummy, Maikeru placed his hand on top of it's head as well. After a brief pause to gather his chakra, the top of the wooden structure began to glow a bright, cherry red, like the tip of a cigarette. There was the smell of burning wood, before the dummy simply ceased to exist. The hard wooden structure fell to dust at the feet of the Uchiha, who looked over to the girl.

"I never introduced myself, did I? My name is Otani Akira, and I am a med nin in training her in Kumo." Sure, he was a Jonin of the leaf not too long ago. He didn't have to tell the girl that, however.

Yuki Minikui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening intently to what the man has to say Minikui was a bit disappointed to hear that there seemed to be prodigies everywhere which wouldn't be surprising in a village this size. Realizing that she was coming off a bit as one of those know it all's who try to claim they know everything and that they are the best of their class and things she let out a small sigh. Composing herself standing tall and straight Minikui simply finished listening to the man speak before smelling the burning of wood which soon fell down as a pile of ashes on the floor. This was something she expected of someone of his strength so she didn't really comment on it and instead turned to face the man once more.

Upon turning towards the man she simply bowed to him and flashed a smile at him. "I understand that and I am sorry. I didn't exactly mean to come off as too prideful. I simply wanted to express that I feel that I can accomplish a lot of great things within my time if I train hard enough. Whether it be on my own or training with someone such as yourself which I am grateful to do. I must train extremely hard all of the time to achieve my life goals which as I have been told in the past are set very high and most likely unattainable. That however will not sway me from training and trying my hardest to achieve them."

Minikui, satisfied with her response to the man known as Otani Akira, turned towards the dummy she had attacked before and focused her chakra creating a whip made of water in her hand and swung it at the dummy cutting it in half multiple times until the only thing left of it was the stand with which held the dummy in place. Dispersing the water whip she turned to the dummy right next to where the pile of ashes was and focused her chakra once more. This time instead of a whip forming in her hand a small tendril did which began to spin very rapidly in her hand. Once the tendril was at the maximum speed that she could make it go to she shot it at the dummy and left a decent sized hole in the dummy taking out the normal targeting markings on it so they were no longer there.

[WC: 405 / TWC: 1,122]
[Post: 3/5]

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well, at least you can apologize and suck up well." Maikeru said, taking a few steps towards the girl. "And you seem to have the basics of water style down, though, the more advanced jutsu are a different beast compared to what you're currently using. In my past I fought with a leaf shinobi who was able to flood an entire courtyard with an arena made of water. Someday, you might be able to achieve that as well, as long as you're telling the truth about your dedication towards training."

Maikeru now stood in front of the girl, looking down at her as he sized her up. His blue eyes began to slowly morph as he did, darkening to a deep crimson, before the pupil split and spun into three large tomoe in a triangle formation. He was trying to read her chakra, see the flow of it, the color of it, how it morphed and changed as she manipulated it to cast her various water style. It was still slightly disturbed from the earlier display, but, was recovering nicely. She did actually have a natural talent for it, it seemed, guess it was just a bit more than misplaced pride.

"You can use water, now let's see fire. Both are very important for the use of Vapor style. You need to be able to mold them both instantly and without a thought. You spend too much time concentrating, focusing on the steps that are required for the molding of chakra and nature change. It needs to be second nature for you, like breathing or walking. You don't think about every inhale and exhale, do you? Your chakra natures need to be like that."

Taking a step to her side, he stood next to the girl crossing his arms as he watched. If nothing else, this would be a demonstration of how much potential she actually had. A dual-natured Academy student wasn't uncommon, but, it did show a certain dedication to her craft.

Yuki Minikui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Minikui smiled at him as he spoke and approached her. As he approached her gaze drifted upwards to keep eye contact with her and he seemed to be staring at her judging her. His eyes changing colors and the pupil split doing some crazy things she had never seen before. Once it stopped he began to compliment her on being able to use water quite well and she smiled at that before he asked her to use fire instead which wasn't a surprise to her. She was quite decent at fire for what she knew how to do as well as she had focused a lot on those two along with being able to do some earth justu as well.

As soon as the man was out of the way she turn towards the dummy he had been covering. Taking a deep breath she lets it out shooting a fireball at the dummy exploding upon contact making it turn to ashe and disappear from sight. The moment that that explodes she scribes a seal on a piece of paper and throws it at another dummy which sticks to the dummy. Making a hand motion it explodes disappearing taking the dummy with it as well. He hadn't asked her anything about earth justu and her chakra was still fine to do more justu if she so wished to do so. Not wanting to seem like a show off she simply turned to him and smiled before beginning to speak. "I don't want to seem as if I am bragging but I also know a few earth justu as well. I could show you if you would like. I plan on being able to combine fire and earth to make Lava as well." Having finished speaking she simply turns to him and flashes a bright smile at him.

[WC: 306 / TWC: 1,428]
[Post: 4/5]

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"It won't be needed." He said simply, waving a hand dismissively. "While going down the route of multiple Advanced Elements is a good idea, I myself can use Plasma, Scorch, and Crystal. However, it's also a good idea to focus on one thing at a time. If you wish to learn vapor, then focus on vapor. Focus on harnessing your Water and Fire chakra and move from there. Keep your earth from getting rusty, but, keep your focus on what is most important to you."

Maikeru finally gave the girl a smile in return, taking one of his hands and gently placing it on her head as he stood next to her.

"You're gonna accomplish great things if you keep at it. I've seen many shinobi try to do what you do and fail because it got too hard, make sure that doesn't happen to you." messing up her hair a bit, he removes his hand, sticking both into the pockets of his pants and looking to the training dummies. "A dream will help you stay focused, something to push your efforts forward, something to think about when your training gets too hard, when the injuries get too much to deal with."

Maikeru moved over to his coat before redonning the garment, the long body of the trench coat swirling behind him as he slipped his arms through. Moving his hands to the pocket of it, he looked to the girl with his Sharingan, before letting the kekkei genkei of his clan resort back to their cerulean hue.

"Keep doing the drill I Just showed you. Water, then fire. The two natures are diametrically opposed, unlike fire and earth, so it will help you learn your next advanced element. Flowing between the changes in chakra nature should become easier as you go, until you don't even have to think about. When that happens move onto trying to cast a jutsu of both elements at the same time. It's not actually possible, but, it will give you a sense for what it should feel like when you're summoning both types of chakra. From there it's a simple matter of combining those opposing chakras. I believe in you, Minikui. If you keep at it, you'll pass me before you know it. Promise."

Yuki Minikui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Smiling at the man she realized he messed up her hair and gave him a cold glare for a split second before taking her time to neatly comb brush and pad her hair back into its perfect little shape. He hair was rather long so this had taken awhile and the man was already in his coat again by the time she had fixed her hair. Having had enough training for this lesson and for the day itself she began to fix her dress as it had come up a bit by pushing it down and heading towards the exit of the dojo. "I have a very high goal and dream. One day I will bring the Mist Village back and become the Mizukage of that village. That is my dream and my goal. It is what makes me work so hard all of the time. I also must thank you for this lesson as it has been very helpful to me." With that she exited the dojo leaving him with that thought on his mind.

[WC: 176 / TWC: 1,604]
[Post: 5/5]
[Left Topic]

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Become the Mizkage, eh?" Maikeru said with a laugh as the girl started to walk out the door.

He remembered being like her, dreaming of the day he would don the Hokage hat and sit behind the desk. The day he would be the protector of his family, the one they looked up to for support and guidance. Time, however, had a way of changing your perceptions and the very nature of your dreams. The dreaming, onyx eyes that once looked up at the hokage monument with wide-eyed bewilderment no longer existed. Instead, they had been replaced by the cerulean orbs of his that simply looked to the next day, to protecting the women in his who meant everything to him.

"Well, good luck." Simple words, but there was an honesty behind them. Succeed or fail, the girl was at least shooting for something greater than herself. In the world they lived, one of murder, backstabbing and looking over your own shoulder, that was really the only thing that got you through the day. The ability to look to the future and see it being brighter than the last.

With a final chuckle and a shake of his head, he headed the opposite direction of the girl. Her dream would probably never come true. The mist was nothing more than a frozen wasteland these days, but, who was Maikeru to crush a child's dreams? You would have to be some sort of monster to do something like that.

[Final Word Count: 1900. 5/5 Post.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back