Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Dance with the Devil <Requesting Mikaboshi and/or Shiori>

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had been a long time since Tama stepped foot so deep in the caverns. The old paths still held up well despite the fact that everything had been either destroyed or at the very least burnt. As the scientist calmly walked the streets his eyes swept over everything in surveyance. His face had taken on the form of an elder at the moment despite the fact that he currently had the power to revert back to his youth. He wore a long black cloak that seemed to have the illusion of absorbing darkness as a special optical trick had been woven into it in the form of a strange pattern. A hood was lifted to cover his face though he doubt that anyone would recognize him.
Tama had learned a few things about himself during his first battle in over a year with amnesia. For one a lot of this body’s techniques were so well trained into his muscles that most of the ninjutsu he used was reflex. Bits and pieces of stronger techniques were in his head as well but using those came with a risk; though as long as he didn’t use too much chakra it usually preformed well enough. Realizing that his body and mind was once very gifted with the art of ninjutsu allowed him to create a technique that tapped into the core of his chakra’s power.
Those who had the latent ability to sense a power of an Ancient, and see chakra, would be able to see the faint hints that flowed through him naturally. His natural curiosity made him wonder just how much of this power he could pull out. Could he actually use it to become an Ancient if even for a brief moment? Would his body be able to hold up such power for very long? If it could for how long? There was a ton of things to learn about the power his father accidentally stoked back up but he had no way of testing or confirming any of them until that mysterious dossier slid onto his living room carpet.

That fight broke his pride a little. It showed him just how weak he still was and the disadvantage of taking back his youthful form. Its bloodlust was ridiculous in to the point that it almost got him killed and he had to use a technique that he had just thought up. He had no real proof that it would work and even if it had miraculously worked it still could of killed him. Truth be told it almost did. The cost he used to draw that power out so quickly aged his body again; and it wasn’t exactly a pleasant experience reversing to young and then old again in the span of a few weeks. With this form he had a far better mind to speak with and he would need all of his wits about him if he was going to appeal to the greater forces of Sunagakure.
His booted feet treaded softly down the broken streets, buildings, and finally a secret path hidden below an old bar before he came upon the destroyed bridge deep inside the caverns. It was night time outside and the cavern was lit by the moonlight outside being reflected in by a series of cleverly placed mirrors throughout the entire cave. It was cloudy night so the castle that was situated in the middle of the cavern would blink in and out of sight. He could still see the utter destruction he had caused this place some years ago with the help of Uzumoreru Toushin. The cries of the slain assassin clan still rang in his ears as bits of memories came back to him slowly. Tama slowly walked up to the edge of the broken bridge that lead into the castle situated on a large piece of land in the middle of a pit. He drew his hands from under the cloak and began to patiently mold a large ball of chakra into his hands. The scientist’s fingers shifted through a few seals and the ball took on a visible element of swirling wind that kicked up dust and debris around him. He drew the ball back and then slung it out like one would a bed sheet to make the air stretch out the entire span of blackness until it hit the part of the bridge that was still intact. Shifting a little chakra onto the soles of his feet Tama hopped onto his wind bridge and let the flow of air push him up to the solid part. The gathered chakra turned wind exploded into a gust of air when he stepped off as he no longer was touching the technique to control it. The air kicked up dust on this side which was far more prevalent due to the old corpses laying around. His eyes looked at the skeletal members of the Uzumoreru clan without any emotions as he slowly walked his way through the courtyard. Not a single corpse had been moved or disturbed which made the scientist wonder just for a moment what ever happened to the supposed king of assassins that was forced to help him here. Tama was for some reason sure that Toushin had left the village entirely and went to live near Soon with his son.
It really didn’t matter to him. He decided that this castle would be a great base for his operations while using his apartment as a physical address to get things moving through the Suna system when he needed it. If Uzu came back and threatened him the scientist would simply kill him; if he was already dead then it didn’t matter.
Besides the apartment didn’t have near enough room that he would need to regain the ninjutsu that was sealed away in his mind. It would also allow him to start experimentation and machine building, creating new techniques, hell he was even sure that the castle had a suitable living quarters he could section off for use for forbidden jutsu. The entire castle was easily soaked in the blood and ill emotions to help the darker techniques work better for sure.

Tama came here for a large reason, though, and it wasn’t just to have a large space in to be himself. When he learned that his Death Breath Mask worked and he could at the very least take the power of an Ancient and lay it upon his own the question instantly rose to his mind; could he actually, permanently, become an Ancient? It would no doubt be incredibly risky but if he could truly take that kind of power into his hands he imagined he’d have little problems facing Sousuke in combat if it came to that. He truely didn’t want to have to fight the man at all and prefer a method of subterfuge since the guy apparently had a weapon that could harm an Ancient. With that nuisance out of the way he could easily rise in power and perhaps even start to gain control of the entire land...with that kind of control over people he could infinitely increase his own strength; perhaps even enough to become more than just an immortal ruler.

It was a plan, but for everything to work out to his favor first he had to call upon the beings that he was trying to become. He walked into the center of the throne room and crouched down to start drawing strange circles in the dirt that looked like modified ninjutsu. After six of them had been formed around him he stomped his foot to the ground with a large pulse of chakra and dust into the air around him to activate the circles. Energy began to lift in solid form from the ninjutsu seals and called to the lingering lost souls that still wondered through the castle until six of them wondered into the throne room. As soon as they got close to Tama most of them recognized their old murder and began to explode in ghostly activity and made their souls roar the loudest. When a soul was at full peak one of the pillars would grow a pair of hands and snatch the ghost from the air and force its essence into a small orb that it simply kept contained in between its closed palms.
Tama was using a small concentrated form of the Ancient chakra that naturally lingered in his coil into his eyes to catch glimpses of the souls raging around him before they were forced into orbs he could clearly see. He had to dodge out of the way of a few of the more powerful ones that could have actually pushed him out of his soul barrier. It would of screwed the ritual and he would have to start from scratch if one of them had actually managed to touch him. Once the last soul had been pressed into an orb he walked up to the strongest of the orbs and tapped it hard with his chakra to send out a special wave using the soul’s resonance to attract anything that could sense a helpless soul/large meal. He hoped by doing this he would attract the attention of at least one of the Ancients and had enough to bargain with to get what he wanted done.

[MFT]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: A Dance with the Devil &lt;Requesting Mikaboshi and/or Shio

[col]The shadows in the chamber where Tama performed his profane ritual grew deep as the attention that the medic in training sought grew near to him. The chilling presence was one that Tama was already most familiar with but perhaps was one that would not be a terribly welcome outcome for his gambit. When originally they'd met Mikaboshi had promised Tama that if the young man did not live up to his expectations that the dark sennin would erase Tama's life. There was a sound in the room like the beat of huge wings and then suddenly Mikaboshi was present -- disgorged from the darkness as if he'd always been there to begin with. Taking in a lung full of breath, the former director of the ANBU branch of Sand exhaled slowly before turning his gaze to regard Tama.

"You've changed much." He observed, his voice failing to surrender any details regarding whether or not Mikaboshi would deliver on the threatening promise that he'd once upon a time made to Tama.

He said nothing else yet as he clasped his hands behind his back and slowly stalked through the room, his eyes breaking from Tama and instead examining the apparatus by which he'd harvested the residual soul energy from the room in order to light the beacon that had drawn his attention in the first place. Mikaboshi was not particularly hungry -- if only because he hunted, killed and ate pretty much to excess whenever he chose in the recent days since he was free from the fetters of his pact with Sousuke -- but the spiritual "ping" of such an event could not escape his notice and despite all of the changes he was experiencing since taking over a human body Mikaboshi's curiosity was still perhaps his most notable aspect in personality.

"You risk much by setting such a baited hook in the aether." Mikaboshi explained, stopping short of the orb which had been "detonated" to set off the signal. "Such a beacon could draw a plethora of dangerous things to your chamber."

He did not clarify that he was among the most dangerous that might respond but perhaps he didn't need to. Long had the name "Mikaboshi" been synonymous in Sunagakure and Wind Country with "dangerous".

"So tell me. What purpose sets you to take such a risk?"

Tama had sought an audience with darkness and had been paid a visit by the Devil himself. What would he do now?
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3AuawbnJ_E]SCENE BGM[/url]]"]
mikaboshipost.png

Mikaboshi - Ancient Rogue
roguenin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths

The scientist felt the darkness creeping up before he saw it take shape. The natural cold in the cavern shot down even further and bits of ice began to fall from the air around the throne room as the moisture froze. His breath became visible and began to catch in his chest as if he was having heart problems. Reaching up to clutch his chest he drew a little from the stored energy to youthen himself just so slightly as the being of darkness presented himself.
Primal fear is something every mortal is cursed with and Tama’s was kicking hard. Memories that could not be erased or sealed away by any ninjutsu jolted themselves to the front of the blonde’s subconscious. He knew this creature. He knew that if he wasn’t careful it would kill him. Immediately there was a sense of guilt at the thought of only having six souls to offer when clearly the majesty of the Ancient called for, at minimum, one hundred.

Of everything that could have come to face him from that pulse of soul resonance the last being he expected was Mikaboshi. The sheer power the Ancient had wielded when they had first crossed paths seemed dwarfed in comparison to the strength he seemed to display off hand; Tama wanted it. He steeled his mind and strengthened the bonds of his soul by calling on the heritage that laid latent in his blood to wake up and hold it still. His mind suddenly felt a little more clear and eyes full of fearful respect turned to look upon the creature after asking why he would take such a risk in calling out to the Darkness of Suna.

One does not grow in strength by playing it safe, not truly. I sent out a resonance to lure one of the Greater Powers from the Darkness and somehow ended up with its king. I cannot call it luck, but at the same time you are undoubtingly the only one who can help further my goals.
Tama stayed within the circle of souls as he continued. It wasn’t much of a back up plan but should Mikaboshi decide to kill the old scientist instead of bargain with him he could set off the jutsu to detonate the gathered spiritual energy. With just about any other creature in the Darkness they would know that just by looking at him and would try to temper a deal through caution; this Ancient looked completely indifferent to the ninjutsu seal on the ground holding the six souls captive. At most it would buy him a few seconds, he then realized, and decided to choose his words as carefully as possible,

The power you tapped when I was a child has woke up. I seem to share a linage with an Ancient of yore and for a brief period I can call upon the nearly endless power that your kind wields...but at a great cost to my mortality. I want to remove that cost. I want to have body that can wield this power when and how I want to...
I wish to become a powerful being of the shadows. To shed away the worries of age and a decaying body and ascend into the power I was born for. The only creatures I could imagine who would be able to grant this request are the greatest denizens of the Darkness, and I imagine for one such as you it is trifle,” Tama gestured to the souls gathered around him, “and I have gathered these souls in preparation but I know now just by your presence it is ludicrous to ask for so much in return for so little. So tell me, Dark One, what would you have of me?

[Sorry I didn't have this post up yesterday. The drama llama came to visit me.]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

[col]"Mmmm." Mikaboshi hummed a confirmation that he was at least distantly listening to Tama's answer to the question he'd posed as he absent-mindedly played with one of the trapped souls with his fingers. The smokey white spirit jumped and shivered attempting to escape the frigid grasp of death that held it as Mikaboshi taunted it with demise by letting it slither about his fingers before catching it once more.

"A good answer."

Releasing the soul back into the air that it was trapped in, Mikaboshi turned back to regard Tama. His face was obscured as it always was behind the mask of a man with a perpetual frown upon his lips even though the tone of voice that Mikaboshi spoke in varied often between bored indifference and tired disappointment but in this instance the praise that he gave had a hint of genuine quality to it. Despite his nature preventing him from telling an outright lie, Mikaboshi was far from a stranger to deception. The very nature of shadows was to obscure and obfuscate the truth -- to make things appear as they were not and to hide the truth. To that end the Betrayer had become quite skilled in the arts of lying by omission or rephrasing the context of situations. He'd used such a trick when he'd taken over the ANBU Branch by telling Sousuke the truth.

He had come to blows with the previous ANBU Sennin. This was irrefutable fact. This was true.

Where the way he'd framed that truth became inherently dishonest was by suggesting that perhaps his predecessor harbored some sort of anti-Sousuke intentions which may or may not have been truth. Miyamoto Hotaru had never been anything but loyal to the crown of Sunagakure but that did not mean that she was loyal to Sousuke. If she had believed Sousuke was at the heart of any corruption afflicting Sand then the ANBU Sennin would have turned against him without a single moment of regret in order to cut that cancer out of the city she loved so much. It was why she had dogged Mikaboshi so closely since his release into the current era. Familiar with the legends surrounding him, she took him at face value and assumed -- correctly, even -- that if he were loose in Sand then he was almost certainly hurting someone. So when Mikaboshi had speculated that perhaps Hotaru might decide to come after Sousuke next, he had not been lying. Not really. It was certainly a possiblity even if it were an outside one.

"You spoke truth rather than honesty and expected me not to know the difference."

Tama had given him only part of the story and Mikaboshi was not above calling him on it. He claimed that he was ancient-kin, a half-breed creature who shared a lineage with one of Mikaboshi's kind some place in his distant bloodline and that power was consuming him now. That was certainly a possibility -- the resulting off-spring between an ancient and a human was not always stable and often times they did not survive maturity as the unstable nature of their soul simply failed to stay cohesive enough for them to maintain life. Even more still than that found themselves dead on the pitchforks of angry humans who feared or misunderstood the changes happening to their friend or family member. The missing link in Tama's story was the impetus for the transformation. Often times dormant power stayed that way unless given a reason to be disturbed. Many half-breeds went through life without ever even knowing that they shared a lineage with a creature that had once ruled the Wind Country.

"You're not asking the right question." Mikaboshi responded at last, leaving a few heartbeats of dead air between his last statement and his next. "It isn't about what I want from you. You possess nothing that I could not simply take from you if I so desired. Your life? This sanctuary? These souls? All things which are within my grasp if I were to decide as such."

There was deadly seriousness in the way Mikaboshi spoke. He made no threat but the looming message behind his words was clear; "Do not waste my time".

"The more pertinent question would be; what are you willing to sacrifice?"
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3AuawbnJ_E]SCENE BGM[/url]]"]
mikaboshipost.png

roguenin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Sacrifice was all that Tama’s soul knew. He didn’t realize how painful of a thing Mikaboshi was asking of him. To willingly offer up another piece of his torn life would have simply broken the old man’s younger self. Was it not enough that he gave up a lifetime of science and achievement to commit to love? Did he not already sacrifice everything he had when he was forced away from that love? The years of his childhood he would never have back, running and hiding from his deranged father, the pain his body had experienced over and over again as it aged rapidly from his misuse of soul matter and Ancient taint...all of his memories of the best times of his life sealed away from his current touch...

The scientist had lived a hard life and everything he had to show for it he took with his own two hands. The only difference in the man now compared to then was a lack of his most defining personality features given the experiences of life. Had the King of the Darkness asked this question of the feeble child who was for the longest time terrified of his own shadow the man would have crumbled to the ground, weeping in his folly for calling upon such great powers unprepared.

This Tama had a glint of anger in his eye.

He knew full and well that everything he was offering the Ancient was pittance for his request but the creature wanted to drive that point of control as deeply home as it could. He wanted the blonde to know that he was trapped and at the mercy of his will. Something about that set a fire of ire inside the man who was still mortal, staring into the depths of death. It caused his mind to steel even further as opposed to unhinging it and the Ancient power that flowed through his veins only stroked his hubris further. He stepped out of his circle of “protection” and walked up a little closer to the being of the Darkness.
As soon as he did Tama knew the mistake he made by standing in the shadows that Mikaboshi had entire control over. He could feel the heaviness on his soul and how being this close to the creature seemed to drain his life energy. Yet fearlessly the man kept his eyes on the Ancient’s mask, never wavering despite the gnawing fear of actually seeing something beyond the shadows of those slits. His mind was running through everything he could offer the King in return for the power he sought and he was still searching for the answer when he began to speak,
You already have everything of mine? I could offer you much. With the fact that I’m still known to be human, only those who could sense your kind would be able to discover my change - and even then - who is to say that the aura I would give off wouldn’t be different? My plans are already to invade Sousuke’s inner circle and slowly bring him down by cutting piece after piece of his pride until he admits complete defeat. I could alter these plans to force him to make my rule over these plebs official and step into his seat as the Kazekage. From there we could begin waging wars and take back this land until the sands are dyed red in the color of our enemies! But no...a creature of your stature doesn’t wait for his piece of the bargain. Wise for dealing with my kind, truly, but seemingly unnecessary for a mortal who goes seeking death without second thought. Still...I have something that should appease you for I know I ask of much,

It had already came to him. Tama raised his right hand with the palm facing up, naked, before the latent energies of the souls began to swirl about. Two of the captured essences lifted from their pillars and floated over to the scientist’s hand before diving into the open waiting palm. He doubled over in a cry of pain and after after what seemed like a few seconds of excruciating pain a off-color pink energy began to rise from his hand comprised of the two souls. A cold sheet of sweat had broken across the lines on his old waxen face as he held up the only real thing he could still give away,
My memories and my joy. I have little to no memory of really who I am except bits and pieces mixed in here and there. I am a simply a product of revenge trying to meet its end, but, at the end of that tunnel is the hope of being able to regain my old life and all the possible joy that came with it. Take this from me and I will never feel the satisfaction of killing a strong opponent again, the pride taken from a job well done, or the love for another being. Take from me only the memories that have been locked away from me and I will never know why or receive from them the advantages they are possibly worth.” Tama lifted the small glowing pink spirit orb in his hand never showing any fear in his eyes besides the primal that would always be there so long as he remained human,

Do you accept my sacrifice?

[mft]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

[col]Mikaboshi said nothing as Tama spoke his piece. Many thoughts went through the ancient's mind as he considered Tama's words. Tama seemed to be playing the angle that Mikaboshi would want to own a piece of the coming storm that Tama promised to bring down on the house of Sousuke and his family but the young man trapped in an elder's body had no way of knowing that Mikaboshi already had designs of his own to that matter.

"You will steer clear of Takahashi Sousuke." He demanded as he spoke at last, looking down at the blinking orb of pink energy that Taka held in his hand. "He is mine."

A wicked smile spread across Mikaboshi's face behind his mask as he turned to regard Tama fully. Reaching down, it seemed as if he might take the spirit orb from Tama's hand for a moment before he touched Tama's hand lightly and shoved it away from him.

"Forsake your grudge against the Kazekage."

From the way Tama spoke it was clear that he was passionate about getting revenge on Sousuke for whatever wrong it was that the Kazekage had delivered unto him but Mikaboshi's claim was beyond that. Mikaboshi intended to extract a debt of vengeance from Sousuke as a surrogate for all of mankind before moving on to revenging himself upon the others. But Tama did not understand the depth of what he was asking. Mikaboshi had only recently undergone a procedure to become more human by stealing the last Sunahoshi's freedom of Choice -- his very free will. Using that as a scalpel Mikaboshi had cut his very nature from his spirit and thus found a way to break his otherwise unbreakable pact with Sousuke. Bound to his nature as he had been, Mikaboshi could not have broken the deal of his own choice. He had required the power of Katsuo's reality bending spark of Primus and the force of his human will to bend the chains before breaking them for good.

What Tama was asking for was for Mikaboshi to wrap him in the very chains that the ancient had just escaped. If Mikaboshi truly did make Tama like him then he would come to embody the very core essence of the ancient whose elemental alignment he shared. In the case of the Deep Court such an awakening would rob him of his ability to feel true passion for anything but the thrill of the hunt and deprive him of the ability to outright lie or break his oath.

After all, a wolf was nothing if not honest.

"That is my price."
mikaboshipost.png

roguenin.gif

Hey sorry about the delay -- ran into a stint of busy days that robbed me of a lot of my energy to post.Commentary X
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tama felt his entire existence tremble when he felt Mikaboshi’s hand touched his own. His mind prepared itself for a transformation, he exhaled all the breath from his lungs, and his eyes watched anxiously as the Darkness truly looked as if it was about to bestow his gift upon the lowly human.

His hand was pushed away. “You will steer clear of Takahashi Sousuke. He is mine. Forsake your grudge against the Kazekage...that is my price.”</B><i></i>

The man’s heart sank and his eyes grew in wide shock that this king of evil would dare ask him to give up his entire purpose for even being alive. The pink spirit orb slipped back into his flesh and a certain tone of ‘humanity’ returned to his skin. The size of what this creature asked of him weighed so heavy on his head that the strength to hold his own weight left his legs. Tama’s bony knees crashed against the stone floor and his hands fell to his sides as he looked up at the thing that could still find enough mortal in his coil to crush his entire bravado. The very thought of letting go of everything that brought him to this moment, even in the short few weeks it had been, sickened his soul. He had so many aspirations to reach up and topple the Kazekage from his throne and take his power for himself! The revenge he sought to lay down at Sousuke’s door was something the man brought upon himself for leaving Tama and Okibi out in the desert when his condition was less than ideal. He began to pant heavily as a panic attack slowly set in at the thought of letting everything he had managed to build up for a life. For what? Power? Was it really worth giving up his very reason for living just for power?

Yes.

The sub-Ancient that had crumbled at Mikaboshi’s feet sat up with a start. His lungs breathed the thick Dark filled air in against his will and he lost consciousness. There was that same presence that had emerged there the first time he had tapped into the powers running through his blood. Darkness surrounded him and he stood floating in his own imagination. A dark figure formed itself out of the black and moved closer before whispering,
Do it.
Why?
Why not? You have called upon the highest order of power and was prepared to throw away the thing that gives purpose to live just for the sake of your vengeance. Revenge is a pitiful never ending cycle of hate and death that things with short life spans bother to care about. You need to look at the long game, inheritor of my blood, if you even think for a second that you can <B>really control my powers. Our Court looked down at the other Courts. We controlled the sky and shaped the land. We were gods. If you continue to think in such short bursts of life then you not only don’t deserve this power, and it will be your destruction. This...being...of the Deep Courts is only asking you to give up your mortal ambitions. Surely with the power that he offers you could find something new to do.
To give up on all of this now would to truly lose everything! I would have nothing left to do with the unlimited power! What is immortality and power worth when they have nothing to be us-
EVERYTHING! You Men just don’t understand the range of things you can accomplish with not just the power but the extended span of life. What was your original goal in life before you met that woman and let everything go soft?! You’ve seen what that thing called Tengokai has done to your ‘precious’ Ryuu clan and yet you still pine after such petty things as revenge!? Focus on the right things in life and you can have everything you want and more...take his offer and swear to the Deep Courts. I promise you will still get everything you want....in time.

About a minute after he closed them, Tama’s eyes opened up and a shudder rushed through his body. Strength returned to his legs as he fought against the pulling shadows that lapped against his body like the waves of a sea. A renewed flicker of hope darted behind his eyes as he stood to face Mikaboshi once again. If the thing that spoke to him truly looked to guide him to what he really sought then he would listen to it. Just this once.

Against my better sound reasoning I’ll accept your offer. In trade for the power you offer me I will no longer focus my sights on Takahashi Sousuke and will never interfere in your Hunt again,” the scientist lifted his right hand, pulling against the darkness felt like moving it through water but he held it up ready to be shaken in the Faustian deal.
I shall find other things to occupy these powers with. Kami knows I have quite a few things I have left undone in my early life that I would not be able to accomplish unless I got the power running rampant through me fully controlled anyways...

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

[col]Tama shriveled at Mikaboshi's demand as the dark king knew that he would. Humans spent so much of their time obsessing over the things that they were passionate about that the idea of giving them up shook them to their very core. Tama had not considered -- or didn't know, Mikaboshi wasn't interested in the subtleties between them -- that what he wanted necessitated doing just that. Stumbling backwards from Mikaboshi, Tama lapsed into unconsciousness and the former Sand Sennin could do nothing but roll his eyes in disappointment as he raised his hand and willed the swirling darkness around them to disgorge the hilt of his sword Ropentaar. Tama had disappointed him for the last time and now he would deliver on the promise that he'd made when they met. Bolts of power crackled along the edge of his reality-bending sword as he drew it forth from the space between light and shadow that it rested and raised it above his head preparing to bring it down upon Tama and end the man's life.

But as he attempted to bring down his sword on Tama, he found that he could not. Not out of a sense of misplaced nostalgia or pity but for the fact that it felt as if there were something wrapped around his wrist and preventing him from dropping the blade on Tama while he was unconscious. Snapping his head up to look at what might be grasping at him, Mikaboshi beheld nothing there... but there was certainly the feeling of being grasped. He felt individually the fingers of the grip holding his wrist and preventing him from executing Tama.

I won't let you.

The thought raced through Mikaboshi's mind but was not his own. It reverberated off of his psyche and caused his entire body to quake under it's weight. Pulling against the grasp that held his sword arm, Mikaboshi rapidly began to grow frustrated with his sword's disobedience. First against Urufu. Now against Tama. The air in the chamber which he stood with the unconscious form of Tama grew heavy with Mikaboshi's indignation as he pulled against the sword and attempted to strike a second time but found the grasp upon his wrist just as firm as it had been the first time. Before he had time to contemplate the meaning of the absurd events which had just occurred, Tama began to rouse himself from his inconvenient blackout which brought Mikaboshi's attention back to him.

I won't let you.

A small glimmer circled once around his wrist where he felt the pressure of being grabbed and for a moment Mikaboshi could make out the outline of translucent golden fingers wrapped around his wrist. Reacting to what could only have been a hallucination, Mikaboshi released Ropentaar and forced the sword back into the void from where he'd drawn it, freeing his arm from the grip of whatever force had been preventing him from attacking Tama.

Tama verbally accepted Mikaboshi's terms but now the ancient was agitated and annoyed. It was no longer enough for him. Shades pooled about Mikaboshi's form and with a swipe of his arm those wisps of shadow formed together into a gargantuan leathery wing for only long enough to attempt to slam into Tama.

"Very well then. We will begin immediately."
mikaboshipost.png

roguenin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths

The world seemed bent on toying with the scientist and a bubbling anger he hadn’t realized could still be there despite the age mentality he chose. The shadows rushing to pool up around Mikaboshi whispered the driving forces of power that he could have at his fingertips if he just learned to master the power hiding in his blood. For just a brief moment he allowed himself to believe that the creature before him was actually just going to give him power for giving up on everything he lived for until a large leathery wing formed between them briefly. Every last warning in Tama’s head went off and his body lept backwards to avoid the wing’s push but the movement of air caused by that wing sent the scientist flipping through the air until he crashed into one of the pillars that held the room together; the roof shook ominously.

“I’d ask what it is you think you are doing but I think I have reach a limit to how much I’m going to let you insult me,” he said as blood pooled in his mouth from biting his cheek on impact, “If I die then I guess I just wasn’t strong enough in my ambitions, however the thing inside me won’t let me die with a Deep Court spitting on my pride.

Something was changing inside of him already. Perhaps it was merely standing in Mikaboshi’s draining presence that was causing the Ancient powers in Tama to begin waking up in full. A certain element of power began to naturally cloak Tama’s body as he used chakra to keep his feet attached to the stone pillar. The more the Ancient insulted the human’s pride and honor the stronger the power deep inside of him began to react. His the testament of the Solar Courts began to shine through his mortality as the Man stood up to the Ancient alone; not unlike an ant standing to face God.
The blonde’s left hand reached up to his face and quickly fed chakra and the black power that was building up in his core to form a the solid shape of a half-mask. He placed the mask against his flesh and the power of the Solar Courts erupted from the male’s body. The half of Tama’s face that showed turned dead white and his iris changed to the color of gold. Strong waves of chakra crafted wind rushed through the courtroom to shove away at the shadows as golden arcs of lightning bounced around the waves of air. Tama’s body lifted away from the pillar and his hands were causally placed into the pockets of his pants. As if using stairs the hybrid began to descend from the high part of the pillar back down to the floor. When his foot touched the ground a sharp burst of chakra laced air with the bright shocks of lightning rolled across the stone in a tight circle to keep the fellow Ancient’s shadows from sneaking in too easily.
  “This power,” the shinobi said in a voice not quite his own, “It goes deep. I finally found the potential to connect the bridge between Man and Ancient which is a project I have been working on a for centuries.With careful breeding I have managed to gain a single bloodline in this mortal’s clan that has the power to wield this strength without the draw back of a short life or destructive madness...well non that he’s not already affected by. Cure the curse the shadows of our kind have on these mortal bodies by tuning his soul to our full frequency; violence is not completely necessary to accomplish this. I have no desire to kill you Deep One, I just want to fully be awake.

Lightning crashed nearby almost to punctuate his sentence and part of the roof shook again. Deep inside the mind of the mortal Tama floated in the darkness once more without any control over his body. The Ancient’s attack pushed the mortal’s primal survival instincts to a maximum which forced the scientist to pull out more of the Ancient’s power than he had intended. If Mikaboshi didn’t decide to do something very soon the mortal’s body would simply waste away into dust from the sheer power of the two beings grinding against his soul.

[MFT]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

[col]"Reality is not what we want. It is what is." Admonished Mikaboshi to whatever creature it was that he was addressing. It galled him that the being which was inhabiting Tama's body seemed to believe it possessed enough power that it could speak so plainly of killing him. "Violence is a necessary part of the world. To think otherwise is to be naive or ignorant. Power is not given or created. It must be ..."

Mikaboshi paused for only a moment as the air around them grew very still for a moment, the calm before an on coming storm.

"... EARNED!"
As Mikaboshi finished his thought, black wings erupted from his back and the atmosphere in the chamber that they stood froze. The air temperature plummeted as Mikaboshi's spiritual power filled the room and banished the heat from his presence. The bat-like pinions which had appeared crumbled away after appearing for a moment but the sudden and drastic change in temperature that they'd brought with them remained causing the warmth of Mikaboshi's living breath to appear in puffs of black steam from the lips of his inscrutable mask.

"You want to be free? Earn it. Show me that you deserve freedom. If you deserve your right to exist then find enough strength to rise to my challenge or I will let you crumble to dust as you deserve."

It was interesting that the creature which dwelled within Tama spoke of a perfect hybrid between man and ancient. Mikaboshi did not dwell on the significance of it at the time for he was far too busy giving a clinic on the intricacy of the First Law which was so important to him but Tama stood before another that was like him in some ways. The spirit power of Mikaboshi dwelled within the human body of Sunahoshi Katsuo and puppeted him like a living suit of armor. To accomplish this he had to cut out a part of his own existence in order to meld his own to Katsuo's and replace the mental presence of the young man that would have been king. In the process Mikaboshi had gained access to many of Katsuo's memories... but also had poisoned himself with Katsuo's humanity. Emotions which he'd never felt before seeped through his being like a snake's venom and informed many of the decisions he'd made as of late whether he was aware of it or not.

Crossing his arms across his chest, Mikaboshi made no move to present himself in a defensive posture of any kind clearly believing that he was witnessing Tama's last living moments. He'd once promised that he would see Tama dead if the young man could not rise to his expectations and now he was making good on that promise. He'd agreed to help Tama but ultimately achieving the sort of power that Tama wanted was not a matter of Mikaboshi waving his hands and making it happen. Such power came in response to a need and by putting him in such mortal jeopardy he would either adapt and evolve or he would shrivel and die.

This was the help that Mikaboshi promised. Such were the terms of the First Law.

If you are strong, you live.

If you are weak, you die.
mikaboshipost.png

roguenin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths

The creature balked at the Deep Court’s ruling to earn his freedom. Had he not earned enough just to survive the fall of their kind by living on through the bloodline of Tama’s kin? It had been a delicate process to inject his blood into a mortal, one that could actually accept it, and then force them to breed until he found a powerful enough bloodline to hide in until it created a body to support it. The very thought of fighting appalled the Ancient spirit as it viewed such a thing far beneath its place in the hierarchy of their kind. Yet by the time it decided it was probably best to at the very least defend, Mikaboshi had already made his move. All the darkness he had created swirled in around the being’s feet and expanded out into great demonic wings. The air’s temperature froze and not in the conventional manner. The cold that bit down into Tama’s mortal flesh was unnatural and instantly the effects could be seen as frostbite began cover his fingertips in a horrifyingly fast manner. A bit of panic effected the creature that was losing its shell. Tama’s left hand raised up over his face and the creature inside pulsed more of its the scientist’s life energy to draw out more power. A full porcelain mask formed to cover the remaining pale face and an aura of power began to radiate against the freezing shadow of death. The effects of drawing so much of its power into a mortal shell was becoming more apparent as the creature looked down to see Tama’s flesh begin to dry, wither, and continue to turn black from the cold. The Ancient guesstimated it had about a half a minute in which to flee or fight...more than enough time to get away and lick its wounds.

While the madness of a full being and a being trying to be full fought the mortal caught in the crosshairs fell further and further back into the blackness of his own mind. His sub-conscious saw the scientist as himself when he was in his prime. A muscular body, long blond hair, his crazy hat, and only a pair of ragged jeans as his clothes. His mismatched irises shook as he looked at those hands he still couldn’t recognize. In the black of his deepest thoughts everything seemed so much clearer. His reason for wanting revenge on Sousuke, what he was really after in tapping into his ancestry’s power, and even the life-long hubris of his actions. They were all for this girl whose face he could see but who’s name or importance he could not recall, but it was all for her. In his mind’s eye Tama could see the girl standing in front of him wearing short cut-offs, a tank top, and little else. Long pink hair that nearly reached the back of her knees and a sense of untamed adventure that justs seemed to be her personality. If only he could remember her name...or why it pained him to think of her.

The creature’s porcelain mask cracked a little and shook as it just barely dodged another attack. The oppressive cold kept the mortal shell’s movements slow, making it almost impossible to dodge Mikaboshi’s shadowy wings that struck like snakes. Each time Tama’s body barely managed to get out the way of an attack, though, the pressuring cold just further pushed the rapidly aging body to its limits; and finally after the fourth dodge towards the only escape out of the throne room, his right ankle broke. Landing on the dead foot that had been frozen solid snapped the bone in half and the blackened ligament with it. The creature let out a wail of pain that it was experiencing because the body was starting to fail him.
Desperation was a nasty thing. Pulling a gamble that only it could know about the Ancient reached deep back into the darkness of Tama’s mind. Unaware that the scientist was floating around in that part of his mind instead of watching his own slow demise the creature created a claw inside of that conscious and literally grabbed at the darkness as if it was a curtain. With a jerk the black was torn to shreds to reveal a brightly glowing seal floating against what appeared to be a literal representation of his hippocampus. The claw reached out and touched the seal. Power began to fade away and into the claw until the terrible thing had faded away leaving the now faintly glowing seal in front of the scientist.

“I. NEED. MORE. POWER!” the thing cried as it ravished itself on the energy that had been placed on that seal. The Ancient was totally unaware of what the seal kept locked away and only knew that it being placed there was what stirred it awake for the first time in years. It always thought that tampering with it at all would spell out bad news for the creature, but unless the thing could do something about the Deep Court’s Shadow then it would be nothing more than a tasty snack. The bleeding from Tama’s new stump leg slowed to a trickle and old magic helped lift the shell from the ground in perpetration for another attack.
Inside the mind the scientist was only following natural curiosities. He floated through the remaining blackness in his mind and touched his hand on the seal. Tama’s mind self suddenly stiffened and then arched his back painfully as the memories that had been locked away broke out of their seal and rushed into his mind.

“Okibi,” Tama spoke from behind the mask. The Ancient who was in control of his body turned it’s attention to the subconscious long enough to see bright lights shooting out from Tama’s body, shredding the blackness that had invaded his mind. Everything was rushing back towards the mortal, including the events that lead up to him being sealed away in Sunagakure for a year. Tama’s mental image made a fist with his left hand.

Two Years Ago​

He couldn’t believe his ears. The words coming out of his lover’s mouth stunned and shocked him but he could only stand back and watch. The events that they had just been rushed through must have finally gotten the better of her and while most of the things she said to Sousuke cut him just as bad to hear, some of them made sense. There was nothing he could do but look at the Kazekage with apologetic eyes before putting his arm around Okibi’s shoulders and leading her off into the desert on a path that would lead them out of the Wind Country and away from...everything. She had decided to leave everything, including the care of her child and the safety of Sunagakure on Sousuke’s shoulders; Tama could only simply follow.
They spent the two days traveling in silence, each unsure what to say to the other, when the karma of their decisions came back to bite them. A little dark voice began to whisper silent nothings into the back of Tama’s mind. At first he could ignore them but as the third day’s travel progressed, as the suns heat became far too unbearable, he finally cracked.
  It was just a small argument. Something about water rationing. Everything about that argument was still fuzzy but the man who was watching all of this knew what was going to happen. The terrible little soul he had eaten to gain instant prowess over the Uchiha techniques had managed to survive enough to finally gain control of Tama’s body and used it to attack his lover. The battle was short, nasty, and Okibi very nearly killed him. Tama saw her face so clearly now. His blood and hers was splattered all across her body and her fist drawn back to strike down again as tears streamed down her face to plead with him, please no more.
  At that moment a black sword pierced through them both.
Tama’s father stood behind the couple fighting in the sand with the Asura Blade in his grasp. The look on his eyes were, as always, pure madness, but this time a glint of joy seemed to be shaking in there. With a quick jerk he removed the blade from both of them causing blood to streak out across the sands and a seal to be left where a wound should have been.
  “Oh damn. Damn, goodness, the hell, how do I get this lucky?! Seriously though son, didn’t that old crotchety spirit of the olden days teach you how to chew? You weren’t nearly merciless enough to go back to eating people apparently if you let it take over this much of your body. And look at you! Beaten by a woman? For shame little dragon...
Tengokai crouched wrapped his arm around Okibi’s waist to lift her up and fling her out into the dunes. He wouldn’t even need to do anything since the seal that the blade tended to leave killed nearly anything left on it eventually. Placing a hand against his son’s stomach where the seal left by the sword was on him, the mad man move his hand and forced the seal to painfully drag itself over his flesh. Tama screamed out in agony until he was choking on blood. By the time it finally reached his brain he had long passed out from the pain to the sounds of a cackling mad man. Nothing remained of his memory after that, including what his father did to his unconscious form but the scientist assumed that man was the reason he was sealed away and locked up back in Suna.

“WOULD YOU STOP LOOKING AT MEMORIES!? If you just give in I can tap into all of your life energy...I’m sure that with one good attack I can escape. Don’t you want this power? Do it!
The youthful figure of Tama that floated in his mind raised that clenched fist to his heart,
  “I...am so tired...of being an unknowing puppet in these games of power...but you are right, I do want this power...” The scientist looked up at the fading seal on his mind and a fury deeper than anything he had experienced before shook the remaining shadows in his mind,
  “...so I’m going to take it.

The fist clenched at his chest suddenly punched at the space of his mind and a fist of energy materialized inside of the shell the Ancient was using. It broke out of his stomach leaving a glowing hole of chakra that spilled blood. “Tama” fell to his knees and the porcelain mask cracked again. A terrible wet and sudden cough caused blood to start flowing out from behind the mask near the mouth. The image of Tama inside punched again, and again, and again. More holes appeared all over his body as the Ancient screamed in a pain caused by both his own shell and the terrible burdening coldness.

“Stop! Stop, please stop! I will give you all the power for nothing! You can have it! All you have to do is use all your power to harmonize...” the creature begged.
  “You’re right. I can.” Tama rudely interrupted.

A final punch shattered the blackness inside to reveal the core of his being in which his soul was resonating and surrounding it was a visible golden wind gilded by little bits of black lightning. Tama reached out and grabbed them both with a metaphorical hand...and crushed them together.
The creature stopped screaming. Cracks appeared all over his body and energy on the inside began to build until it seemed like the scientist was going to explode; and then he did. Tama’s body completely erased itself from the mortal realm...then began to reform. Unnatural wind began to blow in the room to circulate Mikaboshi’s cold aura into a single spot in front of him. Piece by piece he rebuilt his own soul until he was able to create a body out of the elements that came natural to the Solar Courts and a son of Fuu.
His body was porcelain white, not unlike the mask the Ancient used to draw it’s powers through his old mortal frame, and stood naked in his rebirth. Despite being allowed to reform his body into youth the newly formed hybrid decided to take on the shape of his former body’s older self.
The pressure of Mikaboshi’s strength still shook his newly formed presence in this world but it no longer seemed to drain him. He crouched down shivering as if the cold only annoyed him now and grabbed at the clothing left behind to make something of a toga to cover himself before the master. He turned pure golden irises that seemed to glow to his master and spoke in a voice that resonated with the confidence a man who finally had complete control over his powers,

First Law.

[MFT]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

[col]Tama shriveled under the weight of Mikaboshi's spiritual pressure but this was only the slightest of pushes from the former sennin. This was a casual relaxing of the restraints he placed upon his physical being to prevent the life sapping power of his essence from strangulating the living around him at all times. Such a phenomena would have made him easy to find in short order by those that knew how to look and active confrontation was not what Mikaboshi was after for now. He'd laid Sousuke low with a harsh blow to the Steward-Kazekage's pride by showing him how powerless he was to stop Mikaboshi from simply taking anything that he wanted even if the thing in question happened to be directly in Sousuke's hands when he took it. For now he wanted that truth to sink in. Knowing Sousuke he would attempt to rationalize it somehow -- to explain it away. He would refuse to accept the truth that Mikaboshi was beyond his ken and that was simply the way things were but that was fine enough for him. He didn't want Sousuke to give up. He wanted to take a victory while the Steward-Kazekage fought his hardest against the inevitable. Anything less would be a hollow victory.

"Since you're not going anywhere for a while and you seem to be fascinated by the idea of becoming more powerful let us have a chat about the nature of power." Stated Mikaboshi, his voice casual for the fact that he was literally strangling the life out of someone with his very presence of essence. "Do you know what true power is?"

"No, of course you don't. Look at you."

Mikaboshi crossed the gap between he and Tama as the half-breed struggled with his dual nature and to survive the onslaught of suffocating cold and shadow descending upon him from Mikaboshi's body. Clasping his hands behind his back, Mikaboshi's body language could not have appeared more at ease. The transformations taking place in Tama's body did not concern him even in the slightest. If he survived the process, Mikaboshi would have honored his part of the deal by forcing the change in Tama that would otherwise have failed to launch for lack of a proper catalyst. If Tama did not... well.

Then he wouldn't have to worry about becoming more powerful anymore, would he?

"Power is not transient. It isn't something you can truly steal or take or be given. If you can lose all of your power because someone else took away from you... well. You never had any real power to begin with, now did you?"

Finally Tama's body began to truly fail him under the strain of Mikaboshi's onslaught as the creature puppeting the young man's aged body around narrowly escaped the reach of one of Mikaboshi's lashing appendages of shadow only to land wrong on his feet and audibly crack apart the ankle on his right leg. Shaking his head, Mikaboshi began to once more casually stalk closer to Tama with deadly intent in his eyes. There was no mercy there. Only the unyielding expectation that Tama would either save himself or die trying.

"Before you die let me educate you on the one simple truth of the world. Consider it a parting gift for your journey into the next world." These were words he'd spoken before to a creature which he'd considered beyond him who had scorned Mikaboshi's quest for power. Derided him for being power-hungry. "The essence of every world, every spell and every thought is power. Nothing else matters because nothing else exists."

And with that, Mikaboshi unclasped his hands and raised his right hand to point towards the floundering Tama who seemed to have entirely retreated into his own mind. Perhaps his life was flashing before his eyes. Perhaps he was desperately searching for some tactic or distraction to prevent the brunt of Mikaboshi's wrath from falling upon him in that moment. They were at the end of the chase and it would have been obvious to anyone observing the events transpiring. Tama had failed the test of the First Law and would now be made to pay the price.

Such was the way of the Old World.

Power gathered around Mikaboshi's extended index and middle fingers as he extended them from his fist. It pooled into a sphere of bubbling dark green energy that hissed and writhed as he summoned it. If Mikaboshi's typical style of chakra-based attacks could be considered scalpels, this was undoubtedly a hammer. A gathered sphere of ultra-dense chakra, the sphere would slam into Tama's body like a cannonball and obliterate anything that it came into contact with. With a great cracking peel of thunder, the sphere of hyper-dense chakra exploded from Mikaboshi's fingertips at super sonic speed and for a moment it looked like that would be the end of Tama but as the sphere was about to crush through the apprentice's battered form his transformation manifested and slashed the bolt of chakra to ribbons. Clasping his hands behind his back as Tama's body transformed fully and rose to his feet, Mikaboshi smiled secretly behind his mask with satisfaction that Tama had risen to the challenge. He'd been right about the boy's potential after all.

"You're welcome."
mikaboshipost.png

roguenin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tama was dead.

Anything that existed of the old man was gone now and recreated in the form he had desired for so long. The new being that stood before the Shadow King looked down at hands that seemed like flesh but was anything but. Tiny bolts of lightning crawled across the ‘flesh’ he stared at before his eyes began to scan the room like a newborn trying to understand his surroundings. He lifted his free hand into the air causing the tattered clothing to shift around and began to gently run his fingers through the air. Almost immediately the wind replied to make the stale air in the throne room shift and move to his whims. A smile began to tug at the corners of his mouth as he toyed with an element without any use of chakra or outside energy. He was a part of the world now. He had the mastery over the elements of the Storm and had become an incarnation of that strength and terror.
  The newly formed Ancient began to toy with certain ideas and curiously wondered how well he could naturally control other elements now since his own encompassed a lot as far as weather was concerned. The idea of raising the Solar Courts back to their glory forced goosebumps over his non-flesh in a human reaction to his spiritual excitement.
  His mind was full of his original life as a human and now also filled with the collective knowledge of his ancestors. The blood that once ran through his veins now whispered secrets of the world into his ears as he came to understand who he was and why he was created here. His need for revenge was so human and boring now and he turned his attention away from his nearly playful antics involving the air and looked back at Mikaboshi. The new Ancient couldn’t help but feel suspicious that the Shadow King would allow such a transformation to happen for something as cheap as not interfering with his boring hunts, but at the moment he wasn’t going to question it. The ex-scientist had the power needed to get his mortal plans rolling for the long road, and now that he had a body that wouldn’t die due to something as trivial as time or just fighting he could now effectively plan to start controlling the land again...and eventually the sky. Or perhaps he should do that the other way around...

He moved his free hand to point a finger at the ground and move it around in a circle. Electricity leaped to obey its master by collecting together at frightening speeds and cutting a deep circular hole around the stone Tama stood on. When he pointed that finger up the piece of stone floor broke away and floated, forced to do so but a sudden strong force of air and began to slowly carry Tama towards an open hole in the roof that formed into existence during Mikaboshi’s attacks. As he floated away he realized that he wouldn’t be able to hide the presence of his powers away from Sousuke and would need to began to cleverly repress them if he was to even start on his goals. Getting back in good with the Kazekage was an important step to his plans and he hoped that Mikaboshi’s plans of eventually killing the man wouldn’t get in his way too much; Tama would only need a few years.

“I give thanks to you once again, cousin. I hope we never meet again.

Even if it sounded insulting he was sure the Shadow King understood well that it would be best if the two didn’t cross paths to often for a long list of reasons, the top of which was killing the Deep One because he interfered far too much into his thousand year long game of Stratego. He doubted he would even be able to do much harm to the Shadow King but also knew that his new pride and desire for control wouldn’t allow him to let the fellow Ancient just do as he whimmed.

With another thrust of his finger towards the hole in the roof the stone slab began to fly up and out of the building.

[Topic Left]
[MFT]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

[col]Mikaboshi gave a noncommittal shrug as Tama commented about never wishing to meet again. It was a confrontation that was likely in the future if Tama decided to stand by humanity in the coming days for after he was finished with the Steward and Sand, Mikaboshi's vision would extent to the rest of the world as well. Humanity in aggregate would either be reduced back to the chains which once held them or he would exterminate them like the vermin that they were. And that included anyone or anything who chose to stand with them. He watched Tama go but oddly stayed behind, waiting for long enough to ensure that Tama was truly gone and then turning his attention to the sword which had disobeyed him not once but twice now with the second time having manifested some... concerning phenomena alongside the disobedience.

Reaching into the void with his willpower, Mikaboshi called to Tatsumasa... but found the sword resistant to his call. Like a petulant child that refused to come down from their room after a disagreement with their parent, Tatsumasa's hilt did not emerge from the rift of reality that it was stored within. Narrowing his eyes as the sword refused to heed his call, Mikaboshi increased the torque of his demand and focused intently on pulling the blade from the shadows... but still it did not come.

"Why?" Mikaboshi asked out loud as his fingers curled into fists in frustration. "We have been down this road once already, sword. I am your master and you will do as I --"

Mikaboshi's demand was interrupted by a blast of energy in the form of a twisting bolt of golden lightning which erupted from the rift where he'd been attempting to call Tatsumasa to his hand. Bringing his arms up, Mikaboshi diffused most of the blast but the energy stung his limbs and caused pain to rip through his upper body and arms as he skidded backwards from the force of the blast. Few things could cause such harm to a creature like him and in that moment he knew that the blast had come from Tatsumasa. In the same moment as the blast occurred, the gleaming blade of Tatsumasa appeared from the shadow rift and spun up into the air before landing on the ground with it's blade biting deep into the stone floor of the room just as Mikaboshi's body skidded to a stop. Smoke rising from his forearms which shielded his head and face, one over another, Mikaboshi let his arms fall to his side as he examined the event that had transpired before him. This was much like the first time that he'd clashed wills with Tatsumasa. The blade had refused to bend a knee to him, likely because his spirit force was not wholly that of the Sunahoshi heir Katsuo. Legend had it that the Blade of the King could only be wielded by someone of Primus' direct bloodline and Mikaboshi was certainly not that... but he wore the flesh of someone who was. When they'd battled before, Mikaboshi's not inconsiderable willpower had been enough to convince Tatsumasa that the fact his physical biology was correct was enough for the blade to be wielded but it seemed like that was no longer enough for the sword.

Bolts of golden lightning fell from the hilt of Tatsumasa and snaked down through it's blade and into the floor at regular intervals. It seemed like the sword was actively throwing a temper tantrum. Did it resent being wielded in a way that was contrary to the reason it was forged? Katsuo's pilfered memories informed him that Tatsumasa was a sacred blade that the legends stated would never allow itself to be wielded in a way that did not befit the righteous.

Preposterous.

Mikaboshi's thought was not in regards to the idea that a sword might hold some limited sense of sentience -- such items were well known to exist -- but rather than a weapon such as that could manage to overcome his willpower and resist his demands. A scowl forming on his face, Mikaboshi took a single step forward and to that Tatsumasa responded by tripling the energy that was pouring out from the hilt forcing Mikaboshi to bring his right arm up to help shield against the onslaught. It exploded with pulses of energy that raked at Mikaboshi's armor and body in a way that no other attacks had before. This was the power of the Spark of Primus... or more specifically it was the power of Shouki the Destroyer. Katsuo had not recognized it... but Mikaboshi did. The Spark of Primus was a fragment of the power which the One King had used to slay Fuujin and Primus. The barest sliver was still enough to bite into his spirit and cause him pain that he'd never experienced before and unlike his previous body Mikaboshi could not simply pull away from the nerve endings in his body to distance himself from the pain he was experiencing. As another wave of slashing lightning fell over his body and halted his slow egress into the field of outraged chakra erupting from the sword Mikaboshi doubted that pulling away from the nerves would have helped even if he could still do that trick. Each barrage from Tatsumasa cut at his armor but more importantly burned through his spiritual presence like being lit aflame from the outside in.

Finally growing tired of enduring Tatsumasa's rage, Mikaboshi reached up to his face and curled his fingers inside the eye sockets of his mask. Without directly holding the blade he could not fully access Katsuo's power of reality alteration and thus could not manifest the transformed state which unleashed his full power, he could at least put an end to the assaulting waves of power that seared him. Shadows pooled about Mikaboshi's form and pushed back against the arcs of blazing light that Tatsumasa sent towards him. Freed from the tyranny that was the agony of Tatsumasa's unleashed power, Mikaboshi took a single step forward that brought him to standing directly adjacent to the blade as the shadows coiled around his form and shielded him from the intensity of Tatsumasa's anger in much the same way as it had the first time they'd clashed.

"Yield to me." He commanded as he loomed over the sword. In response a mass of electricity pooled at Tatsumasa's hilt and exploded forth towards Mikaboshi's face only to be intercepted by the shadows around him and smothered to nothing before it could reach him. "If that is your answer then I will remind you why you serve Mikaboshi."

He growled his threat aloud as he reached forward and firmly grasped Tatsumasa's leather-bound grip, giving the raging blade's power access to his body once more. Just as it had the first time they'd battled Tatsumasa's energy flooded into Mikaboshi's forearm as sparks and bolts of lightning coursed down the length of his arm. Struggling against the will present in the sword, Mikaboshi felt the sword slowly beginning to relent against his demand but as Tatsumasa's will flagged there appeared another presence in the maelstrom of clashing forces and as Mikaboshi became aware of it the force of a fist slammed into the side of his head sending the hooded ancient spiraling through the air away from where the sword was stabbed into the ground. The former sennin twisted through the air and recovered quickly as he skidded to a stop and snapped his eyes up to glare at whoever dared to strike him... and found himself grasping at explanation for how it was possible.

Standing between Tatsumasa and Mikaboshi was a fuzzy translucent image of the Sunahoshi heir, his arms folded across his chest in a stalwart pose.

"Wasn't I clear? I said. I won't let you." Barked the image of Katsuo, his eyes full of judgement and lightning as the golden lightning of Primus fell from his body and into the floor burning gouges of molten stone as they dissipated into the floor.

"How is it even possible? I killed you. Felt your life go with my bare hands." Growled Mikaboshi as he got back to his feet. There was anger in his words as he spoke; Katsuo was dead. He'd destroyed the Sunahoshi youth himself. He hadn't consumed the man's soul energy because he still needed it but... there was no mistaking it. Sunahoshi Katsuo had died in Mikaboshi's hands. "This must be some kind of defense mechanism from the sword..."

"Nah." Said Katsuo's image simply as it flickered and with a booming peal of lightning had charged through the distance between them with his fist inches away from Mikaboshi's masked face. It had taken all of the ancient's considerable speed to compensate and grab Katsuo's fist to prevent the attack... but now that he had his clawed fingers wrapped around the "image's" wrist he found it solid enough despite it's appearance. Was it some kind of hard-light construct projected by the sword? Holding the fake Sunahoshi's arm, Mikaboshi felt him continue to push against his strength and found that he could not maintain holding it back indefinitely. "This is the real deal. The genuine article. The one and only."

"Very well then." Mikaboshi concluded, irritating pooling in his stomach even as the shadows wrapped around the forearm which was not occupied with restraining his opponent. "Good bye for the second time and final time, spawn of Primus."

Bringing up his arm, Mikaboshi slashed through the image of Katsuo and shattered it into a billion particles of light that slowly began to diffuse into the air around them. There had been strength in it's blows but the image clearly lacked any true fighting instinct. Even though he'd triumphed the first time, Mikaboshi had to grant Katsuo enough credit to say that he would have been at least capable of avoiding that attack. With the hard-light image of Katsuo destroyed, Tatsumasa seemed to settle down finally and with a gesture Mikaboshi called it to his hand... and the sword instantly acquiesced. Perhaps the sword had just been acting out after all and projected a construct to test Mikaboshi's mettle.

"Must you be so petulant, sword?" Mikaboshi vocalized as he swung the sword once or twice to test it's balance to see if anything had changed about his ability to wield it since the strange rebellion. "This was to be a partnership between us."

"Don't count on it, Bats."

Mikaboshi stopped in his tracks and glanced around the room quickly. The hard-light construct did not seem to have regenerated... nor was Katsuo's presence active the way it had been when he'd attacked just before Mikaboshi had reclaimed the sword. Bitterly returning Tatsumasa to the void where he kept it, Mikaboshi decided it was time to investigate this absurd turn of events further before anything else. It seemed as if his grudge with Sousuke would have to wait.

[Topic Left]
mikaboshipost.png

roguenin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back