Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Date in the Open [Private]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo looked up at a large clock in the square. 11:00...Good, half an hour early. Tomo leaned against a light post and watched people go by, tipping his fedora to any girls who looked his way. The popular act was a bit draining at times, and he was quite looking forward to his 'date' with Shimete. She seemed to believe that his previous personality was likable, so he figured it would be the one he'd use during his time with her. Tomo pulled out a small notebook and flipped through the pages. According to his research, a womanizer who treats one woman special was quite popular. He turned the page and looked it over. Every girl goes crazy for a sharp dressed man. Tomo looked down at his outfit. He had a few of his sisters help him with it. He didn't know if it could be considered sharp, but it was fashionable at least. He smiled at the fact that he couldn't get out of wearing a skirt, even when he was purposely dressing as a boy.

Tomo looked to the clock, it was 11:10. Tomo wasn't usually this early, but his surveys proved that women love a man who is there waiting for them, but say that they weren't there long. Tomo repositioned the hairclips that held the right side of his bangs down. He then began to play with his earrings. He had gotten them pierced a while ago, but every once in a while they gave him problems. When his earlobes stopped bothering him, he returned his attention to the crowd. Tomo had purposely timed it so their date would be during the most busy time of the day, on the busiest day. A lot of people would see the two together, which would help him with his ultimate goal. Tomo took out his notebook again, this time to doodle in. He pulled out some ink and his brush, and soon a small ink swallow was fluttering around Tomo. Even though it was ink, it still chirped like any other bird. Tomo gave a quick whistle and the bird took its place on his shoulder. Most women love a man who loves animals. Oddly enough, Tomo hated most animals. He only cared for his ink creations, which not only were cute, but could serve a purpose. Most vermin couldn't do much, mainly because their brains were too small to comprehend. There were of course exceptions, but he despised furry little rodents the most.

Tomo pat the swallow and it gave a cheep of approval. He smiled and let his gaze fall to the fountain nearby. The water was beautiful, but Tomo found it unsettling. Ever since he had learned his ink jutsu, water had become a natural enemy of sorts. Even something as simple as a little splash could ruin his creatures. However, it was still a necessary resource, both for sustenance and cleanliness, so he tried to store such feelings away. Tomo pulled out a book about famous folklore and mythology. He made sure the cover would be visible to any who chose to glance at him. If people saw him reading such a book, it would be more believable for someone like Shimete to fall for him. His eyes skimmed the pages, but he wasn't really retaining any of the knowledge. His mind was more cut out for mathematics than literature, though he could be quite eloquent when he chose to be. So Tomo spent the rest of his wait looking at the book, turning the page from time to time to give the impression that he was actually reading it.

WC: 607
[MFT]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
This date was going to be an interesting one for reasons neither one of them knows. In Shimete last meeting with Tomo she revealed that she was Inuzuka. Today he will find out just how special of an Inuzuka she really is. 11:40… Shimete was running into the Dawnbringer’s Plaza slightly out of breath. She was already ten minutes late for her date and she hopes he didn’t leave. Shimete wore her usual maid attire, she doesn’t own anything else. What might be thought as weird was that Kirito, her so called pet, was not with her. It didn’t take her too long for her to find him in the crowd for after watching so many of his performances she had his aura memorized. Another power he has yet to find out about; a small secret of how she became Inuzuka. “I’m sorry I’m late. I couldn’t get away from the house.” Be a handmaiden sometimes means not being able to make personal appointments on time. Tomo should know of her situation for in was the reason they got together in the first place. Despite all of this Shimete looked a little preoccupied, she was glancing around the area. She felt as if someone was calling her, of course Tomo would not be able to hear it.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo's eyes caught a glimpse of red hair and he looked up from his book to find Shimete running towards him. He closed the book, but didn't put it away yet. Shimete apologized for her tardiness, and Tomo waved it off with his free hand. "Nonsense. Between missions and all the work you do, I'm just glad you were able to find time at all." Tomo gave her a small smile. He was much calmer than his usual persona, and it almost felt weird not being overly cheerful. "Well, I've got some plans for us, nothing too fancy, but I think you'll enjoy it." He motioned with his head for Shimete to follow. Normally in these situations, Tomo had read that people hold hands. However, Tomo wasn't one for invading personal space, or having his invaded, so he merely walked with his left hand down and his right holding his book. He made sure he was on Shimete's right in case she had a desire to hold hands.

"It was difficult to find, but there is a restaurant in the area that sells a little bit of everything. Salad, soup, sea food, beef, chicken, the works. A pretty safe choice until I learn your likes and dislikes." Tomo turned to face Shimete, but she seemed distracted. She was looking around for something, and Tomo looked around as well. He had improved eyesight, but even he could see what she was looking for. Maybe it's a smell or sound, something more suited for an Inuzuka. Tomo lifted his book and lightly brought it down on Shimete's head. "Hey Spacey. If something's bothering you, let me know. If not, we've got a delicious meal to eat." Since she wasn't paying attention to him, Tomo worried that people wouldn't think they were on a date. So he took Shimete's hand and took off at a brisk jog, slow enough that they wouldn't get tired but fast enough that people would think that they were in a hurry.

They arrived at their destination and Tomo released Shimete's hand. "Sorry, but I didn't want to miss our reservation." Tomo put his book in his pouch, slide the door open, and waited for Shimete to enter. Once they were inside, Tomo went up to the hostess at the desk. "Mochizuki Tomo, manager-in-training and rising idol of the Mochizuki troupe." Tomo gave the young woman a wink, and she giggled lightly in response. "Oh, yes. Table for two. Right this way Mochizuki-sama." The woman motioned for the two to follow and brought them to a small circular table in the middle of the restaurant. If Shimete looked around, she would notice that some of the women were giving the two looks. Tomo pulled out Shimete's chair and waited for her to sit in it, pushing it in when she took a seat. He then circled around and sat in his own seat. A young waiter appeared and placed two menus on the table. "Just call me when you are ready to order." Tomo nodded to the man as he handed a menu to Shimete, then opened the other. Tomo lowered his menu a little so he could speak to Shimete. "Don't worry about price. I recently returned from a successful mission, so money isn't an issue." He gave her a smile before returning his gaze to the menu. "Tell me when you've decided and I'll call the waiter over."

WC: 572

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete has gone out to eat many times but never to a place like this. Menus, waiters, reservations; it was all too formal. To make matters worse they were seated in the middle of the restaurant. She felt as if everyone was staring at her. Her stomach was doing so many back flip and cart wheels that she kind of lost her appetite. She was of the servant class and was use to serving not being served. She could hear whispers being said across other tables, which in her mind was surely talk of how she doesn’t belong. The voice calling to her sounded ever so appealing that she wanted to run to it, if it meant getting out of here. However she did like Tomo and it might ruin her relationship if she left, but on the other hand what right does she have to chase after someone obviously of a higher class than her own. She felt like a cornered animal with her back against the wall and predators all around.

Long ago in the forests just outside of cloud, Shimete was wandering lost. She was just beginning to develop her Inuzuka powers and was unconsciously calling on for a companion. Now someone was calling to her, however a door once opened may be stepped through in either direction. While the voice was initially calling to her, in Shimete’s state of panic, she was now calling to it. Soon there was a sound of a woman screaming and a crash. Everyone’s attention moved over to the waitress that had just dropped a tray of food. On the ground was a small wolf pup eating a piece of chicken. “I cannot work under these conditions. Some get rid of this horrid creature.”
Link_Wolf.jpg

A waiter grabs the canine roughly and it lets out a painful cry. Without thinking of the consequence, Shimete takes a knife of the on the table and throws it. It grazes the man’s cheek; just enough to draw blood and impels the wall behind him. “Let her go.” She says in a very angry and demanding voice. At first the waiter was frozen in shock, but quickly moved when Shimete grabs a fork. The waiter sits the dog on the ground and the pup runs to its protector. Shimete then relies what she has just done. The date was most likely ruined now. The manager can’t possibly respond nicely to this.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo observed as the scene played out, the entrance of the puppy, the waiter's reaction, along with Shimete's rather cold response. This was definitely something he hadn't planned for. As the pup ran to Shimete, Tomo noticed the waiter heading to the back, probably to have a word with the manager. Tomo gave a small sigh and rose from his chair. He reached into his pouch and produced a small ball. He threw it on the ground and smoke filled the restaurant. He made quick hand signs and wind stirred in the room, keeping the smoke slightly condensed, but spread out enough that no one choked. He then swooped up the pup and placed it in Shimete's arms. Then sweeping Shimete off her feet, Tomo carried her out of the restaurant and into the open streets. Tomo made the wind blow the smoke out of the building, so as not to ruin anyone's meal. Tomo could see through the window, the staff simply shrugged their shoulders and went back to work, no doubt they were used to the odd ninja that frequented their establishment.

Tomo placed Shimete on the ground and motioned for her to follow him. They walked for a while, Tomo looking back and forth between the streets. He finally found a small bench in a less busy area and motioned for Shimete to sit. He crossed his arms and tapped his foot, his eyes closed so he could think more clearly about what words to use to properly convey his message. Finally Tomo looked to Shimete. "I...understand what happened just now. I know I put you in an awkward position. My focus was on being noticed, and because of it, I made you uncomfortable. I apologize for it." Tomo slightly bowed his head. "However, your actions today have been...how should I put it...hard for me. You didn't seem interested in our activities, even when we were merely walking together. Not to mention you attacked a waiter for doing his job. No offence, but dogs can be...unsettling for some people." Tomo wasn't necessarily referring to himself, but he did think there were places where dogs were more a hindrance than an asset, eating establishments were one of them. "That being said, our date isn't over yet. Something as silly as this can't ruin a date 'I' plan out." Tomo looked to the left and found what he was looking for. "Wait here a moment." He jogged off to a nearby convenience store. He looked through the aisles and found some rice balls. He bought four and brought them out to Shimete. He handed her two of them and kept of the others. He motioned with his head for Shimete to follow him once again.

They walked for some time, but eventually he found the place he was thinking of. There was a tiny garden in this area, and today it wasn't too busy. He found a nice tree and nodded. Taking his hat off, Tomo placed it on the ground, putting his rice balls in it. He then took off the cloth he wore around his waist and spread it on the ground. It was just long enough for the two to fit on it without being too squished. It wasn't mere luck that Tomo had planned for this place to be the next step of their date. It was supposed to be a compromise for him putting her in the spotlight, but now it served a second purpose of being an acceptable place for a dog to play. Tomo sat on the makeshift blanket and patted the spot next to him for Shimete to sit. He then unwrapped one of his rice balls and took a bite. It certainly wasn't the meal he had been planning on, but simple isn't always a bad thing. Tomo watched the scenery quietly, deciding that he'd let Shimete decide whether she wanted to talk or not.

WC: 655

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Tomo says he understands but he does not. How could he understand when he does not know the truth of her Inuzuka origins? When Tomo gives shimete a rice ball she takes it, breaks it in half and feeds half of it to the small canine she held dearly in her arms. “I believe you would have done the same.” Her words seemed out of context as if just sprouted out of nowhere. “When I first met you I told you the story of Kikuchi, the rabbit in the moon. Have you ever heard of a wolf named Moro?” She paused for an answer but the chance of him know her would be rather slim. Very little of the Nigiri folklore is written; most of it has been passed down orally.

“The moon in the night sky is the gateway to heaven and the shadow of the earth is the door. Only when the door if fully open can spirits pass through. Hikari, the owl goddess of the dead, guides the souls of men to the gateway. A guide is required for the journey is not safe. Moro, the wolf goddess of the hunt, she hunts down the souls of men and feeds them to her adopted children. Though Moro has condemned many souls to this horrible fate, she is not viewed as evil. She serves a very important purpose. Not all souls wish to leave this world, many grow attached to it. However an over population of souls wandering the living world would cause destruction. She exists to prevent such disaster. Moro has no children of her own for her pride prevents her from allowing any wolf to dominate her. Instead she adopts wolves as her own children, feeding them souls of men. These souls make her children stronger and smarter than any other wolf. When she adopts a wolf, she marks them with a sapphire blue eye. This is why wolves with two different colored eyes are called children of Moro by the Nigiri people.”
Shimete places her head right on top of the pups and they both look at Tomo. “Do you see it? She has the sapphire blue eye. She is a child of Moro, just like me. As you can see I too bear the eye of Moro. Izumi is more than just some random stray. She is my sister and I expect you would have acted the same if a man grabbed your sister in such a fashion. Am I wrong?”

Izumi begins to whimper in pain with her eyes closed completely shut. Shimete pets the canine it hopes to calm her. “It's alright I’m right here. The eye of Moro blesses us is no simple eye. The eye allows us to see chakra.” Shimete shows signs of pain as the little one bites her hand. Blood runs down and drips onto her dress. “But it comes in stages and with each stage the eye becomes strong. It is unfortunately a quite painful experience.” Izumi’s pain subsides and she releases Shimete’s had. The small wolf licks Shimete’s wound as if to apologize for her attack.

[mft]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo listened to Shimete's story, and he was impressed with her and the pup's abilities, but there was one thing Shimete said that he just could seem to shake. He sat quietly and said the phrase in his head a few times. You would have done the same thing. He let the words tumble in his head, and a few times he opened his mouth in preparation to speak, but no words came out. Finally, Tomo rose from his spot next to Shimete. With his back to her, he finally was able to say what was on his mind. "Shimete...I think you got the wrong impression of me. I'm not the compassionate individual you seem to assume I am. I'm methodical, logical, and I tend not to do things for people unless I might one day benefit from it." Tomo turned to face Shimete, and his stern eyes rested on Izumi. "Shimete...If I had to choose, I would save the life of a human stranger before I ever saved your...'sister'...even knowing what she means to you." Tomo looked away. He wasn't ashamed of his feelings, but he felt uncomfortable admitting his dislike of animals, especially to someone so fond of them. They meant nothing to him, because they could do nothing for him that a human or his ink creations couldn't do in their place, and with better results.

Tomo returned his gaze to Shimete. "I will keep my end of the bargain if you still desire me to. However, you need to understand that though I would defend you should the need arise, I would not defend your dog. If that is a trait you require in a crush, then maybe it would be best for you to find another man more suited to your needs. Or, you could take back your clan from your master. That eye of yours could help you with that." The last part was a joke, but he wouldn't be opposed to Shimete reclaiming her clan. He had researched into her situation, and learned of the enslavement of the Nigiri. Tomo had wondered why she wanted to stay a part of the family that nearly wiped out her clan, but there were a lot of things Tomo didn't comprehend when it came to Shimete.

Tomo picked up his hat from the ground and placed it on his head. He gave Shimete one final look. "I want you to think about what you ultimately want. If what you desire includes me in some way, then you know where to find me." Tomo stood there for a moment before taking his first steps home.

WC: 438
[MFT]
[Topic left unless stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back