Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Distant God [Open]

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
WC: 515​
Keita stared down onto the city in reflective contemplation that almost resembled mature thought. From up here, the city was puny. It was a series of clay toys melted into the ground. Black dots roamed in great numbers in the cracks between the clay spikes that the buildings were. Ants, nothing more. If the Iwagakurian civilian was an ant, was he less or more or nothing different than? Less: he was born of the city which sat at his back, given as a slave to this city of ants. He was given to serve those. More: from the Shamans, he came into power. Now, he was much like a queen ant, in that he was the one with the power over those who might be considered lesser. It was a dangerous way to think, but it was true nevertheless. The same: like all other shinobi, Keita served the entire city, like any ant.

It was cold. Winter was coming, like it had the twenty-six previous times. Now, with these people from more southern countries, would be suffering from laughable problems with the planet's icy touch. Those more sensitive to it might not even see the festival of fire to come. The clouds cast a monotonous grey shade over the scene, providing the bland colours of grey and brown for the entity of the area. Arcadia, with their plentiful gemstones and vibrant culture: all coloured in the brown stains of shit and dirt and sweat, over-casted with the same clouds here. Maruishi, with their stone buildings and flamboyant lifestyles: all grey, from their ground to their skies. Even they saw the same clouds.

Clouds...clouds...that's where Keita's mind was. The eighth? The ninth? It was one of those; Keita was not in some mature mood, no, he was ecstatic; was there reason not to be? The first snow came but few weeks ago. The weather now seemed as though it might again. These brown toys would soon be christened purely white -- innocent -- were we? We murderers, thieves, policing force, mercenaries, doctors, surgeons, bodyguards. We shinobi. Could our kind be called innocent, given all that we were? The snows to come would paint the village white, a false white, but a white nonetheless. A painting, we would be. A thing of art -- something we all do. Less than innocent, but beautiful. This painting might bring along a false Calm. It would do the village well.

Keita nodded to the silent thought. A Calm, for however long, would be the perfect gift the Old Ones might bestow upon us this year.

Not many were on the cliff-side. Two Guardians on duty and few others observing the scene as the Jun was. A kid close by was watching Keita with some kind of interest; Keita let him do as he would. Neither seemed to bother the other.

It was peaceful, this scene. Nothing was happening. Everything was observed. This might be how a god that didn't interfere with the world might feel. It felt nice. And so, the Jun just watched and everything felt right.

Tsukiya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As a child, I was always fond of the cold weather because I could wear layers of clothing and feel comfortable. The winter was great because I felt carefree playing in the snow and letting myself relax for a change. Even maintaining a shrine, viewed as a place of peace and harmony, can become stressful after long enough. Had I been able to stay at the shrine with my family, I don't know how long I would have lasted doing the same things over and over again. Ever since my experience with the flame spirit, Rokujou, my chakra has changed to better suit fire ninjutsu than any other element. At times, it feels warm flowing through my body, but it seems that if I wear too many layers of clothing I get too hot, but if I don't wear enough I'm too cold. Having such a new feel to my body temperature has really thrown off my sense of what to wear.

Being so new to Iwagakure's ranks, I've felt the need to prove myself on a day to day basis. I was able to rise to nearly the highest rank in my branch but I did so a lot faster than most shinobi do. With the morals that I possess, it only feels right that I should at least attempt to put in the work that others did over the years. A job usually given to shinobi of ranks lower than my own, the Guardians take their place watching who enters and leaves the village. It is an important job, but most times it doesn't require too much skill to accomplish.

After a long day in the cold, I was starting to become irritated with Guardian work and wanted nothing more than to be free of it. I turned around as a chill made its way down my spine and almost ran into the boy that would be taking the shift after me. It was a gift from the Gods in my eyes, giving me the freedom to spend the rest of my day however I saw fit. I gave him a pat on the shoulder, and he returned a smile my way. Seeing others look so kindly at me reminded me of the work I did as a travelling shaman and the way my use of those skills has changed since I started living here.

One of my favorite things to do after a long day is to look over at Maruishi, see the people, and really grasp for myself how amazing my new life has become. I walked over, taking a place next to a man that was apparently doing the same. After a moment, the cold started getting to my sinuses, forcing me to sneeze in front of us both. Due to my lack of control over my changed chakra, embers spewed from my mouth and flew inches from the man's face. I turned to face him and bowed my head in apology, "Oh..oh no! I'm so sorry! I'm so sooo sorry!"

[wc=509 | mft]

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
WC: 445​
Now, what was Keita thinking again? Oh yes! What it must've felt like to reach teleos and to be an un-intruding god, or something like that, wasn't it? People were the ants, and buildings looked no bigger than toys. Snow was going to be a cleansing tool something or another. Anyways, here was Keita, all calm and collected and such -- just an observer of the two cities without effecting either -- until one excited kid -- not the one that was still watching him, mind you -- seemed a bit too excited and sneezed. The snot was heated to an incredibly warm temperature -- not warm as in body warm, but certainly enough to warm a body -- and shot past the Jun's face at the speed a sneeze tended to go. The medical sennin did not so much as move; rather, he continued looking at the distant city until the kid's continued pleadings for forgiveness annoyed him somewhat.

"Say, kid," Keita would say, deadpanned, "I thought I was hot enough, already."

A fire-affinity, then? Perhaps his inability to manipulate the element came along with the spirits coming. The Festival would happen soon. In some weeks. Fire and warmth and passion were already becoming rampant. This was a time for excitement: to cause and experience -- What was he doing, anyways? Looking in the Jun's direction? Having to sneeze? Was he here just watching over the city? What youth did that, anymore? Not even the youth in his generation did! It was just weird. Was he one of the Guardians on duty here, keeping track of who came and who left? Well, whatever, it didn't really matter too terribly much. -- it.

"Perhaps it would be better to 'say it, and' not melt my face off." Jokes, whether the kid got them or not. Keita was in too good a mood to really be concerned about it. Even if that snot ember attack had struck the Jun, it wouldn't have mattered too much. Beyond stinging and a 'grossing out' effect, nothing would happen.

In a blob pattern before him, the chakra-laden snot stuck to the ground. It was hot enough that a small fire might light if there were floral life immediately around it. Luckily, we were in Stone. Our rocks were the flowers of other countries. It was a country of rocks, rocks, and -- did you guess it? -- more rocks. No fire was going to start here any time soon. Smoke -- or steam, Keita wasn't too sure -- rose from the nasty mess, revealing its temperature in the otherwise cool air.

"So, kid, what are you doing here?"

Tsukiya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If there was any way to embarrass oneself more in such a short span of time, I would have liked to hear it. Seriously, who sneezes at people? No, who sneezes embers at people?! No one that I've ever heard of! I showed my remorse as much as I could, as fast as I could until he turned my way and cracked a couple jokes about the situation. I laughed sheepishly and found that I'd put my hand on the back of my head too, something that came reflexively every time I figured I'd embarrassed myself a bit. Once I got a good look at the guy, I recognized him from somewhere but I couldn't put my finger on where that was. Something told me many others could be faced with the same predicament. Even so, that wasn't important.

"I really am so sorry, I can imagine how unusual that must have been, well...it's a surprise for me too I guess," I murmured the last part to myself, almost irritated that I couldn't control my chakra yet. I could only imagine what would happen if I tried to use it in a battle, I would probably end up toasted.

I wasn't expecting him to continue the conversation must further after that, but he questioned my reason for being there in the first place. "Well, erm.." I didn't really want to talk about work; it was a temporary thing, more exploratory than anything, and not something that I'd be doing much longer so I didn't see it as important. It would probably be best to talk about why I was in the sneezing position that I was. "I guess it's a little hard to explain, I'm not from around here. I was born and raised on a shrine pretty far from here, so I learned under teachings of the old ways and didn't get to interact with masses of people much." Here I was, getting sentimental with a stranger, "I've only been living in the city for a little over a year, so when I get the chance I come up here to look down and assure myself that it's all real.." I laughed again to myself, smiling as my eyes focused on the excitement below, "I can eat all the wasabi ice cream I want here!"

Food of course, was number one. "Oh, my name is Sakurai Iori by the way. Pleasure to meet you."

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
WC: 531​
"It wasn't too surprising to see. Not in this kind of setting," Keita spoke dully. He wasn't angry, nor annoyed with the kid. He was in too good a mood for his mood to change so easily. Being able to use the Ember attack from Pokemon sneeze chakra-laden mucus was an interesting ability. It was like a cross-breeding between that clan of spider people from the islands of Water Country and those who worship the Fire from the Five. It suggested the kid didn't have complete control over his chakra, even at his age. It was a little worrying, but it wasn't for him to worry over such.

"Under every large stone in the country, there's some kind of surprise. I assure you, look under each and surprises lose their potency."

The kid seemed hesitent to continue speaking. Was Keita that scary? He was garbed as a common Shaman, how scary could he be?! The fire-kid looked as though he expected to go off on his own after apologizing. He could, Keita wouldn't mind too much. A conversation was nice, but that wasn't to say the bliss of silence would go unwelcomed.

"Raised in the old ways? Are you an Arcadian?" Keita questioned. Their ways seemed older than those of even Iwagakure. But Arcadian temples weren't exactly a thing. They didn't have them as far as Keita had seen from his times visiting the primative place. "Iwagakure, then? And temples? Were you raised by Shamans?" Keita would continue his questioning, a slight frown plastered to his face as he tried to figure it out.

The fire-kid continued. Keita nodded silently to his reason. It was always a great sight to see when you were in the site: seeing the village, even from so far away proved that everything was real. Much was the same when you were looking up, as Keita had done as a child when he was first brought to Iwagakure. It was harder to see the city up than the village downwards, but Keita didn't give up on it. The city was so surreal now, when you were there. It was a different world: the modern world. What, then, did that make Iwagakure? Back-woods? Our armies were powerful, yes, but where were we with innovations, research, and inventions? Was that something the Shaman and Medics should be concerned with? The medical techniques used in Maruishi were amazing. Some of them, even Keita -- who studied this stuff his entire life -- didn't understand.

"Its a lovely sight from here, indeed. Though..." Keita would linger off the thought for a moment, "though...it seems fake from here as well. The distances gives the entire village down there a sense of superficial-iality. Look," Keita pointed to the streams of people walking between the buildings, "the people are little more than ants from here. Do you think yourself superiour than an ant?" Keita would meet the eyes of the fire-kid when he poses the question.

"Sorry, preaching again." Keita would stop himself afterword, forcing a cough. "Oh -- I apologize. I am known in the village as Keita, the Jun of the Shamans and the Sennin of the Medics."

Tsukiya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With everything that the man was saying, I had a lot to think about. Nothing in this new home of mine would ever become completely familiar to me, and on top of that there would be surprises waiting all over the place. It was reassuring to hear from someone of more experience that there is more than what meets the eye, with limitations of course. Having the conversation at all was enlightening for me already.

I had to explain the way I was raised, of course. If I didn't, well, then there would be too many questions left unanswered. "The shrine I was raised at was run by my family, who are all monks. A select few of the Sakurai monks were gifted with other abilities, like my own gift of healing. Because of that, I learned how to heal with Arcadian methods that we had knowledge of, and learned more modern methods when I made my way to Iwagakure and Maruishi as something of a traveling healer and also when I started living here." My face was a little red, and I gazed down at the city for a moment; it was slightly embarrassing talking about myself because it was only then that I could see how isolated I really was as a child. "That was really the only time I spent here growing up. It's kind of sad, in a way...I don't regret it though."

I made eye contact with him again and really thought about what he said to me. It was a strange thought, that being above them could make you feel superior, but it made sense. "I guess...I consider myself lucky. Lucky..that I can take a step back to watch and appreciate the lives of all those ants, being that I'm an ant myself." There was a sad reality of it, however, "Unfortunately, being an ant means that it isn't often I get to step back from everything, so I really cherish the moments I do get...like this one!" He was the Jun/Sennin, of course! "I knew you looked familiar!~"

[ooc: sorry about the wait!]

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"So then you are acquainted with the medical arts: both old and new. A rather rare gift of knowledge your life gave you. Had you not considered study as a medical shinobi or joining the Shamans of Iwagakure? I think I would know your face had you." He could this guy be anything but a medic/shaman? He was raised by Arcadian monks who practiced older, more traditional forms of simple medicines. Keita had seem them, but not in-depth. They were as rudimentary as the Shamans if Iwagakure, if not more. Furthermore, this Iori received a more formal induction into medicine when in Maruishi, so he knew more modern treatment methods. If that wasn't enough, he said he had a gift for healing. Again: how was he not a medic?! Keita frowned at the thought.

The kid went back to the ant metaphor for the village. "You enjoy watching others work while you don't, then?" Who didn't? It was like being a ruler. You didn't -- though, rulers couldn't -- do anything, and were left to sit in the throne whilst all those you knew and even more you didn't toiled away. They ran from building to building, carrying with them a weight greater than themselves: the will of Iwagakure.

"It is an enjoyable moment, yes," Keita would agree for a moment, before falling back into silence. It was just then that the kid mentioned he recognized him. Was it a truth? Or did he just recognize the face without a name to place onto it? Those were a dangerous thing, those untitled faces. You had a purpose for knowing someone, a face you recognize but didn't know could be a danger.

"If you recognize me, then why not consider the offer?" It simple posed offer. He could join the medical branch, he already had proper training, if what he said was true. Experienced people such as him could be of service, even if they did spew flaming snot when they sneezed.

WC: 332

Tsukiya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a little strange, that was true. A typical shinobi being advanced in a specialty that is mastered mostly by those under an associated profession. I wasn't a medic or a shaman under Iwagakure or Maruishi, but I could heal with both old and new techniques and treatments. My passion had always been teaching, though; I couldn't help but admire the monks that taught me everything I knew about the world, chakra, and the techniques I know today. As expected, from those experiences my goal became having the ability to pass on knowledge to future generations. It would be even more surreal to take some developing shinobi under my wing and show them the ropes.

Did I really enjoy watching other people work? It was a complicated thing to contemplate because I did enjoy being able to relax, but that didn't mean that I would want others to have a heavy burden. If everyone were able to take moments here and there and appreciate where they had come to in their lives, things would be ideal. Unfortunately, nothing is that simple; some people have to work day in and day out just to get by, making no time for reflection or relaxation.

"If you recognize me, then why not consider the offer?" Could I?

A whole new world would open up to me, giving me so much more freedom to do what I was gifted to do for the people around me. I could be respected and recognized as a Shaman of Iwagakure, a holder of knowledge and skill. I had no idea that Keita would offer such a thing so quickly, but then again I wasn't at a level where any teaching was necessary. Honestly, my ability would make for a good leader underneath himself. I would never boast that, though, to avoid any unnecessary conflict. "I have a passion for teaching, but I would be happy to take you up on your offer. Thank you very much! I promise I won't disappoint!~" I bowed in respect, a big smile across my face.

[mft]

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So he would join, then? The Five blessed. The medical branch was more fitting for one with a history such as his. All that would need improvement -- and vast at that -- is his ability with controlling his flow and usage of chakra so that he doesn't concentrate as much on healing as he did his sneezes. Even between the Shamans and Medics, the medical branch wasn't exactly known for its high number of shinobi. Few volunteers and medics. Some clans in Iwagakure provided the bulk membership of Shamans. Every person counted, and if one already had training, he would be an amazing asset.

He desired to be a teacher? That might prove to be a better asset. Having one trained to teach the medical arts would give reason for students to consider joining, which could also bolster numbers. Furthermore...if this guy was a teacher already, then he could have him solely qualified to teach the medical classes, which would still assist both parties.

"A burning passion, hmm? The Fire indeed burns within you. For how long have you taught and in what manner, may I ask? I can, indeed, see use for you as a teacher of the medical branch."

[Very blah post and very late. I'm really sorry =/ ]

Tsukiya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I hadn't been in Iwagakure very long, so I didn't have much experience with doing anything at all in the village. My time in Maruishi taught me new medical techniques on top of the more traditional ones I learned at my temple, but I hadn't had much of a chance to apply any of them. Maybe now was the time to take the opportunity in front of me and start educating the future medics of Iwagakure and Maruishi alike. With my experience in both styles of healing, I could give students the choice of whether they want to stick to the Old Ways or learn new procedures and jutsu.

"To be honest, my teaching career has been limited to small, private lessons since I've been living in Iwagakure, but I was taking lessons at my temple from a very young age. It didn't take long at all for me to master the medical techniques and memorize the theories that I was taught, and being in Maruishi I was able to pick up even more skills and knowledge."

The way I saw it, as a teacher I would most likely be at a higher rank in the medical field, as to show students that I was skilled and deserving of their respect. I proved myself to Iwagakure as a Jounin of the village, and have not shown myself to be any less than that. If I start working with the medics and students, it would only be right to remain of high stature. "I suppose I just need a little time to think it all over." It was a big decision, not to be taken lightly.

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Jun nodded silently. Such little experience, but more than any other. He hadn't had the time required to solidify his teaching methods, which meant he could be taught how to well teach the medical practices if he so desired to. On the vice, it meant he'd have to be taught how to better teach -- yes, the same problem both a benefit and a trouble. Even if this flame-snot-spewer didn't desire to act as a medical teacher, it would benefit him to acquire the proper permissions to teach as a shinobi, would it not? Keita could give him that capability simply by suggesting him for a class at the University.

"Theory rarely takes long; it is the practice which requires attention. Furthermore, practicing the theory would prove more challenging than either, as you must know the techniques better than one who has mastered them to be able to explain to another how to," Keita would lecture. It was obvious teacher-y nonsense that people told others who wanted to teach, but it was true nonsense. Something he'd learn soon enough.

"Think it over, yes, but should you choose to teach as a medic or not, visit the Accolade's University two weeks from now. I will see to it that you are made a proper instructor."

This sight was getting boring, and Keita would have to be one of the ants soon from now. "Do think it over well, Iori. I look forward to us meeting again."

[Topic left unless stopped]
[Sorry it took so long to post again, wasn't sure what to say for a while. Keita's offering for you to take a mission where you learn how to be a teacher for Iwagakure, by the way. Up to you to take it.]

Tsukiya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I had plenty to think about, and none of the answers would come to me easily. I didn't know what would be a better environment for me, be it the medical field or the typical classroom. They would both offer variety in terms of job opportunities and situations to deal with, but the two sides were still different. Also, the way that I was raised was more like shamanistic medicine, but what I've seen in Maruishi has changed my outlook on the entire field.

Whatever I would choose, it would come with more time and more looking out on those ants I belonged with.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back