Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Dream... Sort of. The Match of Wills. (One shot)

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Osu closed his eyes and drifted off into sleep he soon found himself in a massive library. Now that doesn't mean he was dreaming about a library, but that he was mentally visiting an actual library injected into his mind using the wonders of crazy futuristic chakra based memory technology thanks to Titan. It didn't please Osu at all to find himself here.

There were many downsides to this library, the first coming to mind was how restless his sleep was going to be tonight. He had little control over the ordeal seeing as he had no idea how to go about controlling the thing, and thus didn't really get to decide when he showed up here nor how long he stayed aside from some crude methods of waking himself up. Everytime he fell asleep there was about a one in three chance he would wake up here and it seemed that spending his night here only got him about half as much rest as it should. In other words if he slept for 8 hours and spent that time here, it would only equal about 4 hours of rest.

The next downside is that he was unnerved by the reading material available. There were no fun stories nor all that many reference books here. It was all secrets. The library was a round nine floor tower with its wall completely covered in texts as far as Osu could tell and while he only had the ability to move around the first floor due to some odd security feature he already had access to the locations of money stashes and passcodes, land deeds, the details of old assassination plots, the knowledge of the secret children of a previous Raikage, and many more things he really wished he didn't know. He could count the number of people who knew that he knew all of this on his fingers but that didn't do anything to ease his nervousness. Actually he was growing increasingly paranoid over it.

"Osuteno! If you are here show your face coward!" And there was the biggest reason he hated this place, Osu thought to himself as he sighed and walked towards where he heard the voice.
mbjXJ2J.jpg

He approached where a girl about his age was staring angrily at the door to the staircase heading up, the one that had not been so much as scratched no matter how many chairs and such they smashed against it with the strength of average ten year olds. Not that they had much choice because chakra didn't seem to be a thing here. They couldn't even hear blood as they normally would be able to as Chigokai. The girl, Uso as she called herself for very silly reasons in Osu's opinion, gave him an even angrier look than she had been giving the door. Raiden he hated her. "Osuteno we need to talk about the pirate incident." The only thing that bugged him more than her yelling at him was when she had a right to, which he would admit to anyone but her was senseless. He did mess up with the pirates, a mistake that would have cost them their lives and possibly the lives of innocents if Mochizuki Tama hadn't been there.

Once more Osu sighed and said the last thing he wanted to say, "You are right, we do need to talk. Let's go have a seat then." he said turning his back on her and heading towards the middle of the room where a table with a tea set and a fresh pot were sitting. Uso wasn't far behind him but he kneeled down on a cushion that was there and poured them both a nice cup. As much as they hated each other they both had a good sense for proper manners as she thanked him and took a sip for sitting it down and waiting until he had a sip of his own before beginning.

"I am sure you are more than aware how your lack of discipline and practice concerning the Noise nearly killed us today so I won't keep on that point as it gets us nowhere. What I will get onto is the fact that your will is weak and we need to do something about it." Osu nodded. "Though your will being weak doesn't make much sense to me." Osu raised an eyebrow over his teacup as he took a sip. Was that some odd attempt at a compliment?

It makes no sense that your will being weak is the cause to be honest. Your control over our body is stronger than mine and by that train of thought your personality and sense of self should be stronger too. However I can handle the... excitement of blood rather well if I do say so myself." She had a good point and while not perfect she had a very firm control of her actions under the Noise's influence if overzealous about the whole putting people in their place thing which was an argument he didn't want to have again right now.

"So what do you think is the problem and what do you think should be done?"

Uso stared at Osu for a noticeable pause as she thought back the the near death experience that Osu seemed to remember nothing about despite a lock of his own hair going white from the event. It would be best if that figure didn't haunt both sides of their mind. "I have my suspicions about why you are suddenly more... susceptible to the Noise's influence but I am not certain and it doesn't matter. What should be done is our immediate concern."

Before Osu asked what exactly she thought should be done he felt a sudden jerk as his control over their mind was being pulled away from him. "What are you doing!?" Osu demanded as he began pulling back control. It was much harder than usual, incredibly so.

Though neither of them were showing much sign of exertion as they held their teacups mentally a war was being waged. Uso took a sip of her tea before answering. "Being caught off guard is a fine excuse and all but excuses do us little good when we are riddled with bullet holes and dead. That is why now that you are tired mentally and relaxed too much I am using all of my will to tear control of our body away from you, no holding back. If you manage to not lose control for the entire night you should be better equipped for keeping our head level. Should I gain control at least someone a bit more level headed and intelligent will be in charge." The way she smiled with how sure she was made Osu furious, something he had not felt very often before.

qYyaiNq.gif

The library shook a bit. "Ohoho. Someone is getting rather serious." Uso said with a challenging tone but the sureness of her grin had been replaced with a look of strain. For nearly eight hours they stared at one another, Osu's expression becoming a bit angrier the entire time as Uso's grew tired and wary. By the end Uso felt that the anger the bastard was aiming at her was very near murderous near the end... But it was a steady anger. A tempered and polished anger. It was rather impressive. It wasn't the sort of anger that would cause him to lash out foolishly and cause collateral damage or overreach itself, which was more important than anything else. The boy seemed to be getting better at breaking the attacks on his mind she sent at him without even noticing them all.

And so every night that Osu appeared in the library began to involved constant random attacks on his will and control, and they both began to strengthen mentally from the... well the stakes were too serious to call it an exercise but it did them well all the same.
MFT WC 1332
also using this to apply for the Willpower ability

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back