Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Fair Few Things (Open RP)

Inuzuka Yasei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A fair few things had been moving around their lives lately, the Inuzuka duo. Recently, the trouble had been imminent death; Yasei had been hidden away in a damp little cave system along with Kuro, hoping to find a creature in which to seal a deal and establish a contract, however this had failed rather poorly with nothing turning up and bringing the two to their knees. Luckily, they had managed to escape the cruel, icy clutches of The Spine of the World and returned to Kumo for the Inuzuka clan to help him regain his strength.

Finally, things were starting to slow down a bit and there was a descent amount of calmness surrounding him. A warm breeze swept the forest, rustling the tress gently and almost caressing the grass as it swept over. Shifting slowly, the clouds allowed the sun to break through and provide the village with it's warmth. The young Inuzuka had set himself on the grass, keeping more to the edge of the forest as his family could be somewhat overbearing, Kuro being all the company he could ever need.

The young canine kept an eye on his master briefly, he had been barking and groaning for the past few minutes or so and maintaining a bored disposition. "Geez, Kuro. You'd have thought I was neglecting ya....." Yasei groaned, himself. His hand was planting on the dog's head to keep him close by and to show affection, "We haven't always gotta play, alright? I mean, you're always the one to say this, right?" Trying to turn things on his little 'brother' as he always did, in return, he was given a blank stare followed by Kuro lowering himself to the ground and rolling on his back, trying to cool himself a little and feel the wind in his fur.

Yasei looked as though he was doing the same, laying his head back and enjoying the mellow breeze he had become so fond of.

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kunashi enjoyed the breezy climate of Kumogakure. With his brown hair blowing sideways in the wind, he walked outside, taking a day off from actual training. He decided that today was a good day to explore a little. Leaving the city of Kumogakure, he left his comfort zone and walked around nature, something he did not have the opportunity to do so back home in Raiden's Eye. Walking down an animal path on the outskirts of the Ancient Forest, Kunashi observed the world around him.

The dense plant life seemed to come alive as Kunashi walked through it, moving from his path with only minimal resistance. Taking a deep breath, Kunashi smelled the aroma of blooming plants and nature, something he never got in the city. He felt alive here, and knew it would not be long before he came to love his new home as he did Raiden's Eye. He looked up at the sky, and he felt insignificant. His problems and maladies were but a small part of the world, and he found solace in this. As he brought his head down to look at the material world around him, he heard a familiar voice.

"Geez, Kuro. You'd have thought I was neglecting ya..... We haven't always gotta play, alright? I mean, you're always the one to say this, right?" Kunashi smiled and searched around for his canine-esque acquaintance. He hadn't expected to find anyone out here at this time, but he was not going to reject the company. Walking up calmly until he could barely see the duo, he laughed audibly. "Well, if he won't play with you, Kuro, I will!" Kunashi gained a little purpose to his walk, and approached the pair faster, hunching over in preparation for playing with the dog. Falling back on his haunches, he squatted close to Yasei and would pet Kuro if he approached Kunashi. "How have you two been? I haven't seen you in a while."

Inuzuka Yasei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Do you smell that?"
Yasei posed the question to his fluffy friend as a subtle scent became mixed in with that of the forest dew and the trees. Unable to tell who it was, he resigned himself from the sudden anxiety, not realising how familiar it seemed. Much like the other Shinobi who was to approach, Yasei hadn't anticipated anyone else to be here rather than his clan and the occasional deformed mutant from the hospital, the surprise of finding someone was a warm prospect, however. At least it was to Kuro.

At the sound of the other's voice, Kuro absolutely hauled arse towards Kunashi, finding himself to be rather attracted to the invitation he received. As he ran, his tongue flapped out behind him and his eyes looked rather insane. Wanting to get a better idea of who it was, he sniffed around the boy's feet, his trouser leg and even jumping up at him, leaning on him. Kuro gave a small whine as if to say, 'You really mean that?!' He jumped back down, not long after as he felt like Kunashi might be a little freaked out.

The young Inuzuka, finally noticing the other's presence, angled himself a little better and brought himself closer to Kunashi as he approached. Much like Kuro, he used his nose and sniffed the air around the other, scanning him before coming to his conclusion, "Heyyy.....it's you....." Now he began to feel really awkward for not remembering his name, "Keshi...right?" He thought he might as well have taken a wild stab in the dark.

"Yeah, we've been okay, I guess. What about you, though? Do anything with the stuff Sensei taught us?" he asked, hoping not come off as strong as Kuro had.

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kunashi loved animals. Back in his first home in Kirigakure, he and his family had a few, two cats and a dog. Growing up, Kunashi and the dog had grown rather close and he loved to play with it. But, when the natural disaster happened, there wasn't enough room for the animals when they had to evacuate, so they had to leave them behind. Kunashi hoped they were okay, although it had been about five years since then.

Kuro had accepted Kunashi's invitation and had ran over and jumped at him. Kunashi laughed, playfully jostling the dog, not minding that Kuro had so much energy. While still entertaining the dog, Kunashi responded to its owner.
"Kunashi, but close! It's fine I forget names easily too." He lied. Kunashi was actually quite good with names, something he learned when he had moved to the big city of Raiden's Eye. "I've been pretty good! Just been training and learning, you know? And no, I'm technically 'too young' to leave Kumo.. Plus I don't know why a contract would want anything to do with a student! I need to get stronger first.. Have you?"

Kuro bounced back down off of his leg, and Kunashi kept rubbing him. Kunashi looked up at Yasei. "Does he like any games?" Kunashi remembered that his dog really enjoyed tug of war with his toy rope. He smiled as he reminisced in the warm sun.

Inuzuka Yasei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Now that his memory had been jogged, he felt a little less awkward in the presence of the other. "Kunahi! That was it," he parroted, as everything came flooding back about what little he knew about the boy. "My friend, I am real sorry about forgetting your name....I'll be a lot better in future" he admitted, now watching as Kuro excitedly bounded off the other in an attempt to get some activity out of him.

"Ah, Kunashi, you will get your moment, little pup," he tried to reassure him, half-heartedly. "Me and Kuro actually journeyed to The Spine of the World and camped out there while trying to find a contract but...well...nothing came back and we had to wade through all the snow but....we made it back in one piece and we got stronger for the experience," he explained, not willing to admit how Kuro had to drag him a lot of the way after he passed out, something which Kuro gave him a death-glare for, every time the subject came up.

A few barks came from the black-furred dog, as if he tried to answer the question for Kunashi, which he was indeed. Yasei gave a roll of his eyes as he sat himself upright properly, kind of getting tired of always having to translate for Kuro as no other person seemed to speak 'dog', "Right, okay.....he's trying to tell you that he's happy to play anything. He's pretty used to play-fighting with me or fighting for food, but he's up for anything," he put on a small smile and the boundless energy his companion had. It was very ironic that Yasei, of all people, did not even remotely understand the concept of a pet; he saw Kuro, not as a pet, but as a literal member of his close family.

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kunashi didn't particularly care that Yasei had forgotten his name. He didn't make a big deal out of it. Plus this was only their second time meeting, he couldn't be too mad. Moreover, he was impressed. This boy who was not much older than he had traveled all the way to the Spine of the World in order to find a contract. The feat of making it back alive was itself something to brag about. "That's amazing! What was it like, the Spine of the World? Besides cold, that is." Kunashi laughed at his joke. He thought he was funny. He stood upright and walked around until he found a stick about the size of Kuro. He wasn't much in the mood for fighting, so he hoped this would keep the pup entertained. He shook the stick in his hand, trying to catch Kuro's attention with it. He would fling directly in front of where Yasei was facing, into a large grassy field. He wasn't entirely sure if Kuro would be interested in playing fetch, but he remembered that his dog used to. After throwing the stick, he would plop down next to Yasei and listen to his stories of his adventure, hoping Kuro would play fetch.

OoC: Sorry this may be a little short, server restart screwed my old one and I'm a bit better, putting less work into this one. the same gist of what I wrote though.

Inuzuka Yasei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the conversation went on, Yasei let out a small sigh, not particularly fond of talking about himself as it was kind of a dull topic. For the sake of being friendly, he began to elaborate, "Well.....cold, I guess. We just camped in this little cave area with a bit of meat on a stick, trying to lure something to us. It kind of....really was a waste of time, though.....I wouldn't recommend it," he explained as he watched the other.

The boundless ball of energy that was Kuro watched as the stick was loomed through the air in Kunashi's hand. His movements resembled some kind of spastic dance of excitement before the stick was thrown and he galloped off to find it, this kept him busy for the next minute or so before he came galloping back with it and spitting it out in front of Kunashi.

The Inuzuka's attention turned briefly to Kuro and then back to Kunashi, "So what about you? You got any good training going on or anything like that, little pup?" he asked, interested in what the other had to say.

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kunashi listened to Yasei vaguely recount his expedition and watch Kuro prance around, fetching the stick he tossed. When Kuro came back, he would grab the stick again and throw it out once more, wiping the dog slobber from the stick onto the grass next to him. He was really enjoying himself, the relaxation was a welcome change from the rigorous training Kumo shinobi endure. "Yeah, I mean I guess so.. Training is going well. You remember Yuu? The black haired boy from Junko's class? We sparred a while back in the academy. It was fun, a small taste of actual fighting instead of beating up on the wooden dummies or throwing things at targets. Academy life isn't super exciting. How is being a genin? Have you done any awesome missions yet?" Kunashi could not wait to graduate from the academy. It had been a little while since he had joined, and he already has become impatient with it. But, he understood that everyone has to learn the basics first. He looked at Yasei with a bit of envy, looking at his Cloud forehead protector. He wanted it, but also wanted to earn it.

Inuzuka Yasei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The little dog seemed to be overly excited as his new best friend kept throwing the stick. It was a matter of being really close to Kuro now, not taking a lot more than a game of fetch for the dog to grow close to another. Again, he ran swiftly to the stick and picked it up before charging back and almost crashing into Kunashi. Kuro seemed to be a little worn out now as he tried to climb into Kunashi's lap and rub up against him affectionately, "Get a room, you two," the Inuzuka chuckled, nudging the young student playfully and watching Kuro claim his space with his cumbersome self. The next piece of news was quite cheerful, making him reminisce about his own first experiences with fighting....which were quite unpleasant in all honesty, "So, my little pup is finally with his first battle tastes, huh?" He ruffled the hair of the black-haired boy as they both sat, noticing how Kunashi looked at the village's crest that he wore on his shoulder in the form of a forehead guard, "Not yet, I only just got back from my search....still waiting to find a mission," He gave a small sigh at that. Gently, he unlaced the forehead guard from his shoulder and sat up a little better, "You want to try it on, little pup? You can see if you all like it...?" Offering it forth as he gave a hearty smile which, with his sharp teeth, actually looked rather menacing.

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Accepting the little dog into his lap, Kunashi began to pet Kuro. He was happy that the young pup had taken such a liking to him so quickly. When Yasei jested with them, Kunashi chuckled, scratching his own brown-haired head in slight embarassment. Watching Yasei unlace his forehead protector from his shoulder, Kunashi was a bit confused. However, his confusion cleared when Yasei handed it to him. "You want to try it on, little pup? You can see if you all like it...?" Excitedly, Kunashi put the forehead protector around his head, getting used to the added weight on his head. After a few seconds, he turned to Yasei. "Well, it looks like I'm the Genin now, and you're just an academy student again!" Kunashi laughed heartily, and began to untie it. Those few seconds had made his dreams concrete. He wanted to be a cloud shinobi, and wanted a forehead protector of his own. Although it may just be a piece of cloth with a metal symbol on it, it conveyed more in mere seconds than a few minutes of conversation could. Your allegiance was prominently displayed on your person, a symbol to all about your loyalties. And Kunashi wanted his to be the Cloud.

Inuzuka Yasei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Before very long, Kuro had gotten a little too comfortable and settled in to sleep, breathing out in heavy, unpleasant snores which made his master roll his eyes consequently. "Little brothers, huh? Make loads of noise, full of energy...." he quipped as he watched the nin-dog sleep peacefully as Kunashi took care of him. Oddly, the forehead protector didn't mean a whole lot to Yasei, he definitely cared for his village but he would always put more faith into the crest of his family that he wore on his cheeks, the red fang markings that symbolised his loyalty, however the village crest was merely a piece of uniform in his eyes. Watching Kunashi adorn the new apparel, he couldn't help but smirk, "Guess that makes me the puppy now," he remarked, returning the same light-hearted chuckle to his new friend, "You're all set for great things, Kunashi. Once you graduate, I guess you've got the whole work to yourself!"

Gently, he placed his own hand on Kuro's head as if to wish him pleasant dreams as he slept, "Heh, you're real good with him, huh? Sometimes I kind of ignore him a little....he's my little bro, but sometimes he can be annoying with the things he says..."

MFT

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kunashi handed the forehead protector back to Yasei. He thought it was really cool to be able to wear something that he had desired for quite some time. Listening to Yasei's words, he was reminded of his older brother, Orinosuke, back home. As brothers do, Kunashi fought with him frequently and argued constantly. It always seemed that his older brother was picking on him, and much to his mother's dismay, Kunashi would fight him back. Their fights were short and playful, neither brother wanted to hurt the other significantly regardless of the situation. At the end of the day, Kunashi was the annoying little brother and so was Kuro. Perhaps that's why they got along so well.

"Yeah I love animals. And I guess it helps that I can't understand his words.." Kunashi paused, laughing at his own joke. "I guess I kinda understand him. I was always the 'annoying little brother' to my older brother too. But at the end of the day, we're family. I guess that's the way I always looked at it. Actually, my brother and I being mugged was one of the big reasons I'm here right now.. I can't imagine my life without Orinosuke. Sure, he picked on me, but that's what brothers do. He also stood up for me when I needed him, and I always had his back. It's probably a lot like the relationship you have with Kuro here, I'd imagine." While speaking, Kunashi patted Kuro's back gently. It seems he had fallen asleep, and Kunashi sure did not want to wake him. He looked at the pup and then up to Yasei. They made symmetrical halves of a whole in Kunashi's mind, one incomplete without the other. Envious, Kunashi quietly longed for that sort of relationship with something, though never expected to find one as wholesome as an Inuzuka and his nin-dog. You just can't beat that kind of companionship.

OoC said:
Sorry I'm taking so long, I've been a bit busy and didn't want to half-ass a post. Thanks for being patient man

Also, you forced me to name Kunashi's older brother. It would've just been weird without it, thanks lol

Inuzuka Yasei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Strapped the metal plate back to his arm, Yasei watched as the other ninja lost himself within his thoughts. He looked as though he was caught in a flashback for a few fleeting moments as they spoke. Kuro had been the 'annoying little brother' since they were quite little; Yasei was always play-fighting with young clansman and mostly the more adult nin-dogs that lived with his family. Kuro grew close to Yasei by initiating a lot of these little fights, which became rather annoying to be honest...
The young Inuzuka chuckled at the boy's joke along with him, listening to the story of him and his brother which was certainly interesting. "Sounds like you've got a real good relationship with he big guy though, right? It sounds like our kind of relationship, I suppose,"
Looking back down at the sleeping dog, he stroked his head gently while Kunashi patted his back. He always felt quite lucky to have Kuro; despite the fact that he didn't always agree with Kuro, he kept him in line and he seemed to know things about Yasei that the Inuzuka just couldn't fathom.
As he was touched, the black-furred Shibe was roused from his sleep, seemingly fully rested. Opening his eyes, he looked up at Kunashi with what could only be regarded as a 'smile', a rather creepy thing to see attempted by a dog. Kuro stepped out of his lap however and went to bug Yasei for a fight now that he was rested, which was met with a grumble. "I'd fight you, little bro but....I don't want our new friend to get all scratched up," he explained, looking at his own claws, "Do you still have a good connection with you family, Kunashi?"

((Heh heh, no worries. My posts are a piece of s**t anyway, dude. I think it's safe to say that I've lost my RPing touch ))

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kunashi nodded in affirmation when Yasei asked about his relationship with his brother. They were close, even though the fought. Typical sybling rivalry. Kunashi laughed when the dog in his lap came back from his nap and looked up at him, smiling. He rubbed the dog's back.

"That was a creepy smile there, Kuro!"

He retracted his hand when the pup started moving, and watched him walk over to his brother and growl playfully. Yasei grumbled and shooed the dog away, using Kunashi as a scapegoat. Kunashi just laughed it off. He thought about the hypothetical fight between the Inuzuka duo. 'That WOULD be lots of scratching..' He leaned back on his other arm, the first arm had begun to fall asleep. He shook his head in denial to Yasei's next question.

"Not so much anymore. I mean it's been a while since I've came to Kumo and they still live in Raiden's Eye. My mother comes by to check in on me every other week or so, but that's the only real connection I have. It's okay though, it gives me more time to train and stuff. I still get a little homesick though. It's not hard for me to move, but it's a little difficult to be away from family. So Yasei, you're from Kumo right? I've only been here a short while but you've been your whole life, right? What's your home like?"

Kunashi laid back and bent his knees up, resting his head on his hands and looking up at the clear sky. The grass beneath him cushioned his back, making this a much more comfortable position than the first. He was interested to hear a local's story, especially one with such an interesting and different life than his.

Inuzuka Yasei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro sat himself in front of Yasei and watched him carefully, a little annoyed at his Inuzuka counterpart for not entertaining him; he was still a ball of boundless energy no doubt, and Yasei just wanted to relax and talk to his new friend. "At least that lets you know that she loves you, but yeah, it's always got that air of freedom, to live on your own," he remarked with a friendly smile, he had wished that his mother gave a rat's ass about him; never checking on him and seeming pretty apathetic about his existence. Yasei's father was a lot more caring toward him but, then again, he was a very brutal man for all intents and purposes.

"Well," he began, as he listened to the other's question carefully, "I guess it's weird; my parents grew up in Konoha, so I guess I have the blood of the Leaf Inuzuka. Anyway, I grew up without very much contact to the village," he explained as he pulled himself up to his feet, "this is where I was born and raised and where I still live - my home," with a chuckle, he held his arms out and circled on the spot to emphasise his point. "We're more like a tribe, I suppose, but you've go to be strong growing up here or you'll meet an early grave," he sat himself back down, close to Kunashi, laying on his back as well, "It kind of disgusts me how some Inuzuka grow up....INSIDE the village....they're not being true to everything that makes them...them!"

Yasei settled down a little more now, having finished his rant and finding more peace in his laying down, "You have Kekkei Genkai, Kunashi? I'd be totally interested to know!"

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kunashi chuckled at Yasei's frustration with the 'village' Inuzuka. He had never had that problem, since most of his extended family was left in Kirigakure when the disaster struck. A grim thought, but one he had learned to cope with. Due to the tragedy, he wasn't familiar with much of his family's history, let alone Yasei's next question.

"You have Kekkei Genkai, Kunashi? I'd be totally interested to know!"

He looked confused. Kekkei Genkai? Kunashi hadn't heard of this before. Looking to his friend, Kunashi debated within himself. 'Option one: Act like you know what he's talking about and risk it.. Option two: Own up to your own idiocy and ask.. Tough choice..' Kunashi decided on the latter, it would be better in the long run. "Well, since I'm not sure what you mean by Kekkei Genkai, I'm going to have to say no. You wanna explain what you mean?"

Kunashi was not so good at context clues, so he didn't realize that it was a bloodline trait. Even if he did put the clues together, he would still not know whether or not he had one. He was not yet aware of the special genetic endowment he had been given at birth. The Seikon blood in his veins had not yet revealed itself. As he looked up to the sky, Kunashi's face reddened slightly. He was a bit embarrassed that he couldn't answer Yasei's question, as he asked it in a 'everyone should know this' manner. Maybe in the future, Kunashi could answer Yasei validly.

OoC said:
MFT - WC = 256

EDIT - TOPIC LEFT DUE TO INACTIVITY

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back