Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Family Reunion! (Private)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[col3]
6Z9wPfV.png

Hoshikata - RS Path|
jPzj4HN.png

Isaki Tenken - Clan Leader|
gTiMSqK.gif

Isaki Osore - Clan Enforcer[/col3]​

Tenken looks around the city, his baby blue eyes absorbing the sights. Why had he never been here? This city was teeming with culture and life. The tournament seemed to have had quite the effect on the city as it was crowded beyond belief. Perhaps word getting around would end up biting them in the backside if the place got trashed, but he had a feeling that there was very little chance of that happening without consequences for whoever did the trashing. One did not host a world wide tournament without having their own defense capabilities, after all.

He looks up to his brother, Osore, and grins slightly. ”I have to say, this is quite the sight. Aren’t you glad I dragged you from your brooding to bring you here?” Osore didn’t give much of a response. He hadn’t been the same since he lost the spirit. Tenken sighs, looking to the shell that his brother controlled, the body of their cousin Hoshikata. ”Please, talk to me Osore. I know it’s not the same, but this is best for you. He’s gone, and he cannot torture you.”

Gold eyes meet his blue before the path speaks. ”Gone. But to who? How do we know the person who took him can control him? Won’t be taken over or even worse try to use him as a weapon? How do we know-“ The words cut off as both the path and the original growl softly. Tenken looks around before his eyes fall on the target of that noise.

”Oh my….”

------------

Maki was spending some time to himself before the day of the fight. This city had a lot to offer, after all. Currently he was checking a stall selling fresh fruits from somewhere or another. He did not know and did not care. What mattered was the stuff looked good. As the owner recognizes him as a competitor the man offers him a free sample, which he takes. ”So what’s this called again?”

”It’s a mango. Very sweet, yes yes. Tropical fruits from the south! For you, a special price of-Excuse me sir! Sir!”

Maki couldn’t really respond as he was physically lifted. He also couldn’t see his attacker. One hand clamped over his mouth and covered half his face, blocking his vision. Something else wrapped around his midsection and off they went. The kicking and muffled screaming drowned out as he was dragged into a mostly deserted alley and unceremoniously dumped against a wall. The Captain rises, pulling free his katana and blindly slashing before the blade stops with a sudden shock.

His eyes focus once more and before him stands a behemoth in white armor. A gold visor covers the face, but he can feel the rage rolling off of the man. A man he knew. The enforcer of the Isaki clan. Standing at nine and a half feet in his armor, he had the breadth of a gorilla and the strength of several. Maki was not in a good position right now. A quick look verified it was even worse. The body of Hoshikata was standing there, glaring a hole at him. And on the other side was Tenken, the current leader of the clan. And the man whose father Maki had killed before heading to Sand to rip his soul out of Osore. Pleasant.

He gives a sharp whistle and a blade of wind slashes across Osore’s arm, but the man keeps hold of his sword and rips it from Maki’s grip, throwing it to the side casually. With another whistle, a strong gust throws it right back his way and he catches it in hand and takes up a defensive stance. ”Alright. I am willing to settle this peacefully.” It took a lot to keep his voice steady. Not much brought fear to his mind, but he knew from experience just how much raw power Osore had. He’d seen the man all but teleport around a battlefield trying to get to him once before and never wanted something that big and strong coming at him that fast ever again.

”As are we. I apologize for my brother’s rudeness, but in his defense the last time he saw you, you attacked him.”

Osore turns to look at Tenken, a growl issuing from the armor. ”Yes. I am sure. Stop threatening him. I know what he’s done. But there’s no need for violence. He had his reasons….Stop! If you’re going to be unreasonable we can just go home. Do you want that? No? Good. Now stand on the ends of the alleyway so we have some privacy please.” At these last words, the Hoshikata path blocks off one end while Osore himself does the other, both facing in so the man can have eyes on everything at once.

”Maki, there’s no need for the sword. I’ve done some looking into your history-“</B> “Well that sucks for you.” “-And I’ve gotten an idea of why you killed my father and attacked my brother.”</COLOR><i></i> Blue eyes meet brown. And with a blink, those brown orbs turn gold. In that moment Tenken’s hand snaps out and meets Maki’s head. A warmth floods through him unlike anything he’d felt before, and unknown to him his eyes were back to normal. ”It would be best if we spoke without his influence. My father kept very detailed notes on things he could use against people at a later date. One of those was on Hoshikata’s own father, and Hoshikata himself.”

“He thought he could pull out the younger brother of Hoshikata, older still that Karurosu. So he detailed where this brother was sent after a horrific ritual took place that stole the soul of this younger child and infused it into Hoshikata’s body in order to heal a mental illness the heir had.”
“Look if you think I give one damn about-“ “Please, let me talk. I know who you are. You’re the true heir to this clan. You’re the younger brother of Isaki Hoshikata, the last remaining heir of the main line of the branch. You killed my father because of what he helped do to you-“ “No. That bastard insulted my mother. After he dumped a child off on her he felt it prudent to spit on her grave in my presence.” “I see. Well, after that, you attacked my brother. Not to hurt him, but to take back what was yours. Your very soul. Does that sum it up?”<i></i>

Maki looks between Tenken and Osore, his frown having grown deeper. <COLOR color="#FF8000">”Yeah. If you must know I have your dad’s in here too.” This made both Tenken and Osore make a noise between anger and disgust. ”I would rather walk on a bed of nails than deal with that man again. He tried to kill us when we were younger, you know. Because he felt we were weak. That is how my brother ended up in that armor.”

The heir of the Isaki clan steps back and looks at Maki with a look of…pity? ”I do understand why you did as you did. But I cannot let the actions go unpunished you understand.”

Once more the blade rises into a defensive posture as Maki puts his back to the wall so he can see the three of them at once. Tenken nor Osore make a move. "I do want to know, however, why you've decided to woo our cousin, Hoshirei. Osore saw you two acting like lovebirds the other day. In fact, he's send a messenger to request her here. If we are to exact a punishment upon you, it would be best to involve her, I feel."<B>

Well. Shit.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei was still a bit on cloud nine as she walked through little shops and stalls. There were a few places she stopped to look and couldn't help but snag a couple little trinkets for herself, her kitten, and perhaps one for Maki as well. The time they spent together had been quite enjoyable and she could only hope things could continue in a similar vein. While looking at a stall that held weapons and other shinobi and samurai garb, a presence slid up beside her and cleared his throat.

"Pardon me, I am a messenger and seeking to deliver a message to someone who fits your description. Is your name Hoshirei?"

Hoshirei turned to acknowledge the person and quite possibly rebuff them until she turned and saw her clan symbol on the man's shirt. "I may be. Who is sending the message?"

"The message is only for her, if you will not confirm your own identity perhaps Tenken is wrong to call for you," the man stated and a following ghost couldn't help but smack his head with the palm of his hand.

"I think perhaps my cousin Tenken-dono would like to call for me regardless of my willingness to impart my identity. After all, there are enemies of the family who would love to find me out of the safety of clan or village walls. Now, perhaps I will just take the message from your companion," she said and looked directly at the ghost behind his shoulder. The man looked around with a confused face. Her acknowledgement of the ghost made the dead man smile and nod before imparting the message only she could hear. "Isaki Tenken calls his cousin Isaki Hoshirei to the alley beside a fruit vendor. He wishes to meet and ask your opinion on an individual. I will lead you to the alley."

"Thank you, ghost-san," she said and followed the ghost to the alleyway.

It did not take long to realize she had arrived, especially with Osore standing in the opening to the alley. She calmly stepped just out of arms-length to the behemoth of a man and nodded her head. In a clear tone only loud enough for Osore to hear clearly, Hoshirei introduced herself. "I was told to meet the leader of my clan here. I am Isaki Hoshirei."

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Osore doesn’t bother turning his head as Hoshirei speaks to him. Indeed, from across the alley his other set of eyes could see her quite clearly. Could see her ties to the realm of both the living and the not living. He was getting used to how those eyes worked, but Hoshikata’s eyes had been much like the man himself, unusual and altogether too much without any guidance. He simply raises one hand and motions her forward into the alley, stepping aside just enough to reveal Maki holding his sword defensively as if to ward off Tenken, who stood solemnly with the Staff of Verin before him and making absolutely no hostile gestures of his own.

The blue haired leader of the clan turns his head as she steps into the impromptu meeting and gives a genuinely warm smile. ”Hoshirei. It’s been forever since we’ve heard from your branch of the clan. Tell me, how is Aunt Anatsu? No no, sorry. We can talk later. We have some important things to discuss now.” The man casually bats Maki’s sword aside with his staff, an act that makes the Konoha shinobi give a shout of outrage at the insult and raise it as if to attack. ”Maki please. If you wish to fight, you’re currently well outnumbered. I’m not going to start a fight here. Innocent people would get hurt.”

Tenken looked as if he meant that. And indeed, his reputation for being the only Isaki with a soul was something well earned by his actions. While there were many who did not act like the rest of the clan, the sad fact was the main branch of the family was near the opposite of what he himself was. He sets the staff aside, the pointed foot seeming to grip the ground and hold it upright on its own as he steps away from it to show he was not here to create violence.

”Look, if you wanted to talk you could have talked, not kidnapped me to some alley and threatened me. Now grab your weapon, grab you brother, grab that fucking puppet, and come fight me like men instead of this useless posturing!”</B> “Yes, I do once more apologize for Osore’s actions, but if you think you’re taking out myself and him, you’re vastly overestimating even your own ample abilities. Now please, quiet and let us talk.”</COLOR><i></i>

Tenken makes no reaction as Osore and his path step closer into the alley and form several handseals. Both ends of the alley seem to shimmer as a barrier is erected around them. And Osore was now much, much closer. ”Please do attack. I owe you one.” The words came from the path, the voice so much Hoshikata’s but the tone like nothing the former leader of the clan could ever muster.

”None of that. Hoshirei. I’ve gotten a report that you and this man engaged in….quite a spectacle the other day. Normally I would not concern myself with the love life of members of my clan, but considering who this man is, I am going to do so. Tell me, Maki, does she know?” “Fuck you.” “I thought not.” “I said FUC-“ Osore’s hand once more clamps over his mouth, the path also reaching out to grapple and hold him in place. Even with the raw strength of the giant, Maki indeed was putting up a fight.

”Anyways. This man, Tonkon Maki, is not who he lets the world believe. I don’t much blame him for his deceptions, as the reality of his life is quite a horrid thing and he was raised under the lie he tells the rest of the world. He was raised by Tonkon Konjou, formerly Isaki Konjou before she married Tonkon Mabayui. Konjou was quite a distant relation to the clan. When he was only an infant, they adopted Maki.” He stops as Maki goes still suddenly. And then a shadow appears at the end of the alley. ”Let him go, Osore.”

The shadow was an armored figure, platemail in this day and age. Dark black with a wolfshead helmet and shining red eyes. ”Maki. If you wish to do this, then we shall. Otherwise, call it off. This posturing, as you’ve put it, is getting tiresome. Your ego is not worth the lives of the people nearby.” Even as he spoke, his hand begins to glow before he lays it on Maki’s head and the man slumps over suddenly. The figure seems to vanish into thin air as he does, his mind scattering in the stupefication of the healing technique.

”Apologies, but we have a reason for this my cousin. As does he for his….reticence. Anyways. The reason they adopted Maki was because of who he, in fact, is. Uncle Youshai and Aunt Mirai were not blessed with only two children, but three. And the heir was a simpleton. A wandering necromancer claimed he could help. He stole the soul of their middle child when he was but a babe, and put it into Hoshikata’s body to bolster his own fragile spirit. This is how our cousin got the power he held. It’s also why Maki was given to a distant relation of the clan and spent the early years of his life as a simple child.”

“I can only surmise something happened when the Daimyo attacked, for he appeared back on the Isaki clan’s sights around then. He was asking questions about us. And then he arrived at Moon, asked me about my father, Shokia, and proceeded to break into his home and murder him as he sat in a chair. He killed several more of his guards as he fled. I should have done something then, but sadly I must admit he did me a favor because my father had been trying to assassinate me since I took over the clan.”

“He went from Moon to Sand, for what reason at the time I could not fathom. Once there, he broke into Osore’s home. He led an ally in. They attacked Osore and his guest. And he took his soul back. Indeed, it was tied to that body my brother is over there controlling. So this man who you’ve had your….dalliance with, has not only attacked my sibling, he murdered my father. And, though I see no harm to it, he took the soul of our former leader. I’m sure many in the clan would want his head for that alone.”
<B> “Ugh....I'm...not out of it....yet.” “Oh look, he’s awake.”<i></i> Osore reaches back and brings his fist into Maki’s head, knocking him limp once more.

<COLOR color="#4080FF">”So. What do you have to say for youself here? What is this man to you? And how far would you be willing to go to save him?”

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei easily slid into the alley, drawing closer to Maki and Tenken. She was concerned as to why Maki was in a defensive stance. Tenken addressed her and asked after her mother, but before she could respond, he pushed that part of a conversation to later. Maki's declaration that they had basically kidnapped him did not make her happy. When Osore talked through the path, an uncomfortable feeling passed through her spine, making her grimace slightly. The speech through the path had called her attention, giving her a feeling that something was missing from that person. She also couldn't help but get a little angry when Osore and the puppet, at least according to Maki, took hold of Maki. Despite this, she knew she wouldn't be of very much use in a fight with the hulking man in the metal suit, let alone whatever the puppet could do. She was more of a sneak, survey, and steal type, especially since she could literally walk through walls if she concentrated enough.

She was patient, and listened to Tenken talk about Maki's history and actions before she had even met the man. When he reached the part about Maki stealing his own soul back from being housed in the Hoshikata-puppet, she understood why she was uncomfortable with the man earlier, he was living dead. She couldn't help but frown a bit when Osore knocked Maki back out after he was relieved of consciousness the first time.

"Perhaps, cousin, I should tell you a small bit of my history. When mother moved us to Leaf, I quickly discovered that I had inherited my father's abilities, as his ghost traveled with us. Growing up with a ghostly parent and one that kept me at arms length was not conducive to being able to connect with my peers, especially as much of my interactions were with the dead. As I was different from the others, talking to the air, listening to ghost's stories, I've been called an air-head, senile, and lunatic at different points. Despite this, I have done well for myself, as mother told me was expected of an Isaki.

"I am sorry to say that mother has been dead for a few months, killed by her own hand after leaving a note explaining why we left the main body of the clan in the first place. She had been ordered to kill my father when he went to meet with the Daimyo. She had followed through but after father's ghost came to us, she became different. I decided after she died that I would make a conscious effort to interact more with others in the village, especially since my father moved on around the same time. So excuse me for finding some pleasure in a human companion who, despite his dislike of the clan, has been more than kind to me.

Oh, you should know, A few weeks after her death, I was cleaning out her room and discovered a curious box with the Isaki seal on it. After checking it over, I opened it and found what seemed to be a mission request. I couldn't quite understand what the person was talking about, but the scroll also bore the Isaki seal. It was plain in reminding mother to use the box to communicate, so I sent word of her death back through it.

I have still been receiving messages, which I had thought to be from you, or at least someone close to an advisory position in the clan. Though, with you asking after mother, I know now that you have not been the one sending messages. I had thought it odd that you hadn't made a point to do more than send a small note, considering our relation, but figured you were just busy."

Yes, Hoshirei knew that there was no way she could ever disable the three men fast enough to make haste away with an unconscious, and therefore extra heavy, Maki. The three were from the clan, so they would have no interest in money. She may not be the most eloquent speaker, but she hoped at the very least that Tenken would help diffuse the situation and allow her to leave with Maki as he had a new issue to investigate within the clan. However, she didn't have much hope for that plan.

"I count him at the very least a friend, but I have little experience with friendship. What is between us is very new, cousin, but I feel such affection for him. I am drawn to him somehow and I feel true happiness when I am with him." Would you deny me the friend I have always wanted, cousin? Would you destroy my chance for love before I can even find out if what I feel is love? Would you be like mother's early stories? A man who would do what needs be for the clan, but knowing how to refrain from harming their family. Or will you be like her stories once we came to Leaf? A cold man who gave no regard for anyone but himself.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
MFT; WC: 852

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
At her words, Tenken’s face grows yet more grave. He turns to look back at Osore briefly before looking back to her and letting her finish. At her final words, he makes a “hmm” sound and brings his hands together before him in a thinking pose, head bowed slightly. His face was creased with worry, a look he had been afflicted with far too often since Hoshikata’s death and his rise to leadership of the clan. Finally he looks back up, turning to Osore. ”Nobu?” The behemoth shrugs and the path speaks. ”He’s the most likely one, but why? What would he gain from this?”

The leader nods before turning back to Hoshirei. ”I apologize, cousin, for not knowing of these things. Apparently someone within the clan has been acting without my knowledge. I cannot tell you who for sure, but I believe it to be Nobu.” He wasn’t sure if the name would mean much to her. Nobu was a second cousin, and as such part of the Sub clan. However, he held a lot of influence in the sub clan and currently headed the council. ”I am sorry to hear the news of Anatsu. I know how much what she was ordered to do must have hurt. Considering the time of the passing, I can only imagine it was Hoshikata who ordered her to do what she did, but I cannot begin to imagine why.”

He makes no mention of her ability to see ghosts. Such a thing was quite common within the clan, and certainly seemed to be held by those who often had the most power in the Sub Clan. ”As for Maki, I wish I could simply let him go. But his deeds are not light. You say being around him makes you truly happy. Osore himself has told me what you two were acting like, and I must say it looks unfavorably on us that a member of our clan would have such relations with a man who the next day we sentence to punishment.”

He looks back at the unconscious shinobi for a moment before turning back to her. ”There is one thing that I can think of that would alleviate things. The Council would demand his blood, you know, for an outsider to the clan killing my father and attacking a member in broad daylight. But if he were a clan member, then there would be far less they could do.” His face is far from happy as he speaks, for indeed he knows what he is about to say is not something she nor Maki would want.

”If you wish him to be alive and well, I believe our only option is to marry him into the clan. And as you are yet unwed, I see few women who would do such past yourself."

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei stood, letting Tenken's words sink in. Her and Maki married? They were just getting to know each other. As for not being part of the clan, he technically is already, isn't he? Since he's Hoshikata's sibling? But there must be at least some truth to Tenken's words. She was probably the oldest first cousin Tenken and having Maki marry her would definitely give him more protection from those in the clan that would over rule Tenken's blase attitude to his father's death. Osore would probably still be unhappy, no matter the arrangement, as he was embarrassed in front of a friend.

She knew she needed to make a choice fairly quickly, but she knew that so many things would change by her answer. If she said yes, she could have an easier time getting to know Maki, as they'd more than likely end up living together and she'd be able to more easily sooth his worries about the clan. Hoshirei wondered what this Nobu character's response to her getting married would be, though she didn't think she cared beyond getting the confusing letters to stop.

While she had been thinking, her eyes were almost anywhere but Maki's still form. Her eyes finally rested on him and they softened. She couldn't sentence this man to punishment just because she wasn't quite ready to get married. Hoshirei steeled herself and looked at her cousin, Tenken.

"I would marry him to save his life. There is much good he could yet do, despite his past decisions."
___________________________________________________________________________________
MFT; WC: 254

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Tenken nods, the giant behind him giving a growl. ”Silence, brother. She is a grown woman who has made her choice.” The clan head walks closer to Hoshirei, taking her arm. ”Come, all. We need to prepare for this. Maki will be fine on his own.” With those words, he leads them all from the alley and leaves Maki unconscious against a wall. In a few moments the man would awaken, feel alarm and panic, then stumble back to his hotel room in confusion.

(Topic left)

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei let out a silent sigh of relief when Tenken nodded. When he moved to take her arm, Hoshirei wanted to pull it from his grasp. She wanted to stay with Maki and maybe have a chance to explain what was going to happen. However, she knew it would be unwise to struggle against her clan-head's grip, especially with Osore nearby. Just because they were first cousins didn't mean Tenken wouldn't have Osore restrain her if he deemed it necessary. With a final look at Maki's still form, Hoshirei allowed Tenken to lead her out of the alley.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back