Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Kindred Heart

Maki Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was in the brief interval between classes that Ryo managed to take a breather, finding a relatively quiet corner of the academy and opening a window to get some fresh air. It wasn't like him to need a 'break' like this but lessons were turning out to be a lot tougher than he'd first expected. He had a brand new bandage going across his nose, not to mention the ones covering his knees after that nasty fall a few lessons earlier. He was use to getting bruised and cut up but he'd have thought a school would have been a bit easier on him than the streets. They weren't.

His thoughts were quick to turn to his father. It'd been his idea to enroll him after all. 'A unique opportunity' he was assured. There was literally no other place in the Land of Wind where this could be taught and he might be able to help him learn when he had the time. Roku had mentioned it would be hard work but his lackadaisical attitude never prepared him for how brutal it could get. Practice got far too close to real as was evident by his injuries and it was made clear very fast they were here to become human weapons. What his mother would think if she was here...

Ryo's arms were crossed on the windowsill as he felt the hot desert breeze brush past his cheek, his hair swaying as he stared down at the sandstone structures mingled with the newer steel ones. The blank expression written across his face twisted into one of juvenile anger as he grit his teeth and muttered aloud to himself.

"Good for nothing old man... all he does is sit around and drink when he's at home. I bet he only sent me here so he could have the house more to himself. Bet he doesn't even work all day, just goes around town or something. Bet he isn't even a real ninja. Doesn't act like it. No idea why people would say he's a great man..."

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The sound of students filled the air as Kanmuri walked through the halls. It was weird for the nine year old to see kids his own age. Whether it was in the Miroku Household or on ANBU missions, Kanmuri was always the youngest out in the field, but now, he was surrounded by people his own age--people like him. However, weirdest of all, was the absurd amount of power flowing through his body. There was no doubt in his mind--he could see it in the eyes of the other kids--no one there had seen the real world. No one there had faced any adversity. A sly, sinister grin would begin to crawl across his face as a dangerous thought pervaded his mind.

No one here can defeat me<i></i>

Kanmuri would shake his head in refusal in an attempt to remove both the grin on his face and the thought in his mind. Some of the students would look at him with eyes of scrutiny while others would stand mouths agape and whispering. It wasn’t out of the ordinary, it made sense for him to be talked about in the academy, he had fought and showcased his extraordinary skills in front of hundreds of people and officials. His skill level was above that of the academy and a lot of other ninja in Sunagakure, but at the time, he was lacking in character, something his proctor picked up on in their short exchange of words. It was beyond obvious that his skills were higher than that of a Genin, and the test had the ridiculous criteria of defeating a Chunin, maybe Jounin, level opponent. Nonetheless, Kanmuri didn’t request a change in criteria or anything of the like because of his foolish arrogance and pride. He had fallen right into the hands of the proctor, and this was his punishment, rightfully so.

But things had changed. Given a second chance at life, Kanmuri looked to build himself in all<i></i> of his less than perfect area. In addition to that, he would pay for any and all mistakes he made in the past. That was why he was here now, in fact, he should have been in the class with the other students, but he called out due to having a doctor’s note. His current circumstances just didn’t make sense...not even the doctor knew what was wrong with him.

Kanmuri clenched his fist as he thought, It’s really all gone...There’s not a single surge of demonic power flowing through my veins, but something took its place. I can feel it. My hungering drive to fight and dominated. I need to stay in control.

Kanmuri would stop in his tracks and take deep breaths in an attempt to curb the desires welling up inside of him. It would be then that he heard the words of another student, which struck a strong, fresh, and tender chord with the nine year old.

“Good for nothing old man... all he does is sit around and drink when he's at home. I bet he only sent me here so he could have the house more to himself. Bet he doesn't even work all day, just goes around town or something. Bet he isn't even a real ninja. Doesn't act like it. No idea why people would say he's a great man…”</COLOR><i></i>

<COLOR color="#FF00BF">Well would you look at that. Someone I can relate to.

Well, it wasn’t exactly the same circumstances as him, but Kanmuri could relate to terrible fathers. His father was so terrible that Kanmuri himself had to sever that bond, and it seems like his body agreed. Even if the circumstances weren’t exactly the same, Kanmuri knew daddy issues when he heard it, and was happy that he could finally help someone who struggled like him.

It would be contradictory of me to just walk past him. In fact, I can’t walk past him. What are the chances that there’s another kid like me who struggled with their dad. All I wanted was for someone to accept me, and that’s probably what he’s looking for. Looks like it’s time to break the ice.

Kanmuri would turn and make his way towards the direction of the boy. His clothes seemed extremely worn and his body was covered in bandages.

Damn, looks like he’s been through some hard times… Kanmuri thought to himself as he rested his arms a few inches away from the red haired boy. The Sunagakure breeze would cause his white hair to flutter across his surprisingly pale, smooth skin. His scarlet red eyes looked out at the village in front of him as he said,

“Yea...fathers are the worst. I know firsthand.”

If the boy turned to look at Kanmuri, then Kanmuri would also turn his head and meet the ruby colored eyes of the boy and introduce himself with a smile saying,

“Hey, I’m Kanmuri. Glad to know I’m not to only kid with daddy-issues in this village.”

Maki Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Perhaps Ryo was just tired or perhaps this stranger was just light on his feet. Maybe he was distracted by the thoughts of the old man he was stuck living with. Whatever the reason the fact that the voice suddenly chiming in right next to him was a bit startling. His eyes widened as he pulled away from the source, staring down an unfamiliar boy with red eyes and white hair who acted like he'd been there the whole time.

He glared openly as this boy introduced himself, claiming his name was Kanmuri before saying a few select words that made a vein bulge on Ryo's brow. His fists clenched tightly as he barely held back throwing a punch. It'd been a bad choice of words. He spent a few moments glaring at the young man, wondering if he should just walk away or not. It didn't take that long for him to make up his mind.

In a flash he reached out and grabbed the front of the other boy's shirt, pulling him in as he stared sternly into his eyes. He didn't care if he didn't mean any harm, he'd crossed a line and he was going to sure he didn't dare do it again.

"First off, I don't share my name with nosey little rats who listen in on people. And secondly, I don't have a dad so I don't have daddy issues, you hear me?"

Despite the warmness of the boy's welcome, Ryo saw him a threat. If someone started going around, talking about how he had 'daddy-issues' then the bullying would only get worse. It was better off for himself to shut him up now.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Things didn’t exactly go as planned.

The battered, crimson haired kid nearly jumped back in astonishment, which surprised Kanmuri given that he didn’t sneak up on the boy or use any ANBU tactics. He simply walked beside the boy.

Yikes...he must have really been deep in thought about how much he hates his dad.

While breaking the ice and introducing himself, Kanmuri could feel the glare from the other boy who looked to be the same age as him. In fact, it made him smirk after introducing himself, since it confirmed one of many things to him.

Looks like we’re more similar than I thought. I can’t say for sure but if that glare is enough of a hint, then he bears hatred within himself. Kanmuri thought with a smirk on his face.

It may have been funny now, but the nine year old ANBU in Training would be in for a surprise. Unknown to him, he had struck a nerve—a sensitive one at that. Ryo was clenching his fists in anger and probably embarrassment with the words one of his supposed classmates had spoke to him. What was meant as words of encouragement and solidarity was interpreted as words of mockery and subjugation. It was understandable of course, but even still, Kanmuri would have to pay for overstepping his boundaries, and even if his intentions were nothing short of good, he’d have to pay the price.

What may have been fast to the boy was extremely slow to Kanmuri, and it shocked him.

So, this is the result of experience, huh? I could feel the grab coming, know it’s direction, and even turn my head quick enough to read his movements before it reached me. Sure, he could be weak, but what if he’s not, and I’ve just improved that much?

It was crazy actually. Kanmuri was smiling all while Ryo was grabbing and staring him down. It wasn’t until he heard his words that Kanmuri snapped out of it and met Ryo’s angry face with a smile.

"First off, I don't share my name with nosey little rats who listen in on people. And secondly, I don't have a dad so I don't have daddy issues, you hear me?"<i></i>

It was weird actually. All of the bloodlust and hunger to fight was gone. Maybe whatever that changed inside of him realized that the “threat” in front of him was nothing at all worth worrying about. Nothing in the academy was. It was because of this that Kanmuri could think clearly and notice his surroundings. People were at his exam, a lot of them—including some of the students in that very hall. The students has shushed and murmuring began to take over the place, but everyone—including Ryo—could see that Kanmuri was perfectly calm. Still smiling.

Looks like it’s time to prove something to this kid and get rid of the kids around here before this becomes bigger than it actually is. Kanmuri thought to himself as his smile grew wider, almost looking crazy and psychotic in nature, in anticipation of what he was going to say next.

“Oh, so you don’t have a dad either? That makes us even more similar because I took care of mine personally.” Kanmuri’s mad grin and scarlet eyes only made what he said even more believable causing the students in the hall to become distressed and concerned. However, Kanmuri wasn’t done yet. Not skipping a beat, he continued by saying,

“And if you guys don’t leave this hallway right now, I’ll take care of all of you. If I hear any and I mean ANY word of this, I will personally find out who was responsible, and deal with them myself. Try me if you want to. I dare you.” At this point, Kanmuri’s grin was psychotic. He wasn’t one for drama, but he’d happily teach these good for nothing kids a lesson especially if they tried to drag the name of whoever was holding his shirt in the mud.

It didn’t take long for the halls to clear, and it made sense. Those who saw Kanmuri’s Genin exam knew who he was, and that wasn’t nice. With the halls clear, Kanmuri would bring his attention back to the red haired boy in front of him, and this time he wasn’t smiling.

“Now, your hand. Remove it.” Kanmuri would say with authority. It’s not that he saw himself higher than the boy who stood in front of him, but it was clear as day that he was no match for him. Otherwise, the students in the hall would have stayed to watch an even fight. However, Kanmuri wasn’t here to fight. He was here to help relieve a burden.

“I don’t want to fight you, so if I offended you I apologize, but if you don’t stop grabbing and wrinkling my shirt, we will have a problem, and there will be no one in this empty hallway to stop me.

If Ryo, removed his hand, Kanmuri would dust of his shirt in an attempt to unwrinkle it and light heartedly say, “Thanks. Now, you don’t have to tell me your name; I won’t force you to. Also, it’s hard to not hear someone talking to themselves when you happen to be two feet away don’t you think?”

If not, then Kanmuri would forcibly remove Ryo’s hand from his shirt and coldly say, “You need to relax, kid. If I wasn’t a nice guy, I’d destroy you right here. Just because people hurt you doesn’t mean everyone in the world is out to get you, and it’ll serve you right to remember that before you do something you regret.”

Maki Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryo was very use to these kind of tactics getting one of two results: they push back or they surrender and apologize on the spot. Basic fight or flight that he could understand. This... wasn't that. This was something different. He didn't even know how to describe it. The white haired boy didn't seem worried, he didn't seem mad, he didn't seem afraid. He seemed confident, something that made the hot blooded youth want to punch him in the face right then and there. It was paradoxically the exact opposite of how everyone else treated him and something equally as insulting to him. Being treated as nothing was just as bad as being treated like a monster.

Then the other boy began to speak as his expression began to twist. He didn't look all that stable anymore as he began implying he killed his own father or something to that degree. Ryo didn't have to look to know that the rest of the kids in the hall watching were put off guard and while he forced his expression to hold he couldn't help but break out in a cold sweat of his own. What was with this kid? It only intensified as he told the rest of the kids in the hall to get out right then and there and only somewhat to his shock Ryo watched as they all complied. He was still holding onto the boy's shirt though almost out of reflex more than anything and he'd be able to feel that his hand was shaking despite his hold.

When the red eyed boy brought his attention back to Ryo he felt conflicted. On the one hand he had this overwhelming feeling he should listen to what he had to say. On the other hand... well, it wasn't in his nature to back down. The moment you let someone walk all over you was the moment you never stood back up. Or at least that's what he thought. As much as he wanted to throw a punch he knew that the consequences wouldn't be worth it. Instead he rammed his head towards the boy's, pressing their foreheads together as he grumbled to him with a returning favor.
"You're not the first person to try and push me around or threaten me and you aren't going to be the last so cut that crap out now. I don't care if you can live up to even half what you're implying, I've picked fights with tougher assholes than you."

With that he'd let go with a light shove, putting a bit of distance between them as he kept his gaze glued firmly on him just in case that was enough to make the boy go on the offensive. Despite this the stranger began to speak to him rather calmly, just trying to fix his shirt as he assured him he wasn't going to force Ryo to give away his name though back handed him with a comment about how he was talking aloud to himself.

"I got the right to say whatever I want to myself. That doesn't give you the right to shove your nose in or barge in!"

It was clear Ryo was still on the defensive. He didn't like how this guy just cleared the halls like that and despite having enough nerve to keep shouting and berating right back he was honestly shaken to the core. Who was this guy? -What- was this guy? And why was he giving him any attention?

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It would seem that the fiery spirit in front of him refused to fizzle down. Too bad he’d have no way of intimidating the white haired boy who stood in front of him.

Kanmuri could see it, the shaking of the boy’s hand. He was visibly terrified, and the cold sweat running down his face was more than enough evidence proving that. But it made sense. Among everyone in the hall, Kanmuri was the same age as them. He wasn’t massively built, in fact he was very lean and ripped for a nine year old. His voice wasn’t deep or aggressive. On the contract, his high-pitched, prepubescent voice was quite disarming and laughable, but even so—even so—he was able to clear the halls. He was able to move them according to his will. Simply put, he had more authority than any of the other kids had. His confidence was too overwhelming; it was suffocating.

Hmph, this dude’s interesting. He’s still grabbing onto my shirt despite being super scared. He’s got guts. Kanmuri thought to himself before giving his ultimatum.

He expected one final outcome; the other boy would slowly remove his hand and lower his head slightly in submission. What else would royalty expect. Kanmuri was essentially a king in the Miroku household now that his father, Miroku Akkuma—the last king, was gone. Why wouldn’t others respect him? At least that’s what he would’ve thought in the past. No, in the past, Kanmuri would have rocked this crimson-haired boy’s shit just for touching him. Thankfully, those days were over. Either way, Kanmuri’s expected outcome was only half correct...in a way.

More than guts, Ryo’s desire to never back down was probably equally as suffocating as Kanmuri’s confidence. He may have complied to Kanmuri’s demands, but he refused to comply passively. Because of the little distance between the two, there was no dodging Ryo’s next attack. With a quick cock of his head, Ryo would slam</I><i></i> his head into Kanmuri’s leaving Kanmuri wide-eyed in shock of what was about to happen.

<I>WHAT IN THE...world?

By the end of the impact, Kanmuri was left puzzled. He was still standing—He didn’t feel a thing, not even a tickle. The boy in front of him had definitely felt the impact as he had to grumble a threat before lightly shoving Kanmuri away; this was further proven by the red spot that developed on Ryo’s head. But Kanmuri, not feeling anything, was wondering if there even was a red spot on his extremely pale face. Unbeknownst to him, there wasn’t even a hint of red. However, the lack pain and impact only strengthened Kanmuri’s belief. Whatever happened to him made him stronger. There was no question.

Wow...just what happened to me? The pale skinned boy thought as he quizzically rubbed his head, indirectly bring Ryo’s attention to his unfazed skin.

In all honestly, Kanmuri didn’t even hear what the other boy said and like an idiot, he nonchalantly asked, “What were you saying? I didn’t hear you. My bad,” before Ryo would state his rebuttal to Kanmuri’s statement.

"I got the right to say whatever I want to myself. That doesn't give you the right to shove your nose in or barge in!"<i></i>

Those words would bring a warm smile to Kanmuri’s face as he instantly replied saying, “I never said you didn’t have the right to speak. I’m glad you did because I know when I was struggling with my dad, I just felt alone like no one could relate to me. You know?”

It was obvious Kanmuri couldn’t care less about Ryo being on the defensive. None of his words, this time, bore any malice. They were pure. Pure words attempting to finally connect with someone of similar issues in a land filled with countless grains of sand and individuals.

Maki Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was hard to tell if Ryo's little stunt had actually hurt the boy but what mattered is the effect it had on him. The pale boy was clearly stunned by it, thrown off kilter after he'd been exuding so much confidence just a moment earlier. He hadn't reeled back in pain or anything, just touched the spot where he'd been hit like nobody had the audacity to hit him before now. Served him right, acting like he was so high and mighty compared to himself after barging into his life just because he heard something that hadn't been directed at him. And people treated him like a freak.

When he waited for a reaction from the boy he found himself rather irritated as it seemed his little stunt that had left his own head still a bit sore had done too well. The punk stared at him dully for a moment while rubbing the spot where their heads had met before admitting that he hadn't heard a thing that'd been said a moment before. Ryo had half a mind to take this as mocking and try and deck him for that alone but he quickly reminded himself the feeling he got from this guy before he'd pooled his courage. He'd rather avoid this guy pulling that kind of crap again. At the very least the red eyed boy had listened to the rest of what he said but the response didn't make Ryo any happier.

“I never said you didn’t have the right to speak. I’m glad you did because I know when I was struggling with my dad, I just felt alone like no one could relate to me. You know?”

This guy... what a pain in the neck. Ryo wanted to hit him again. What was his deal, trying to act all friendly? It wasn't normal. None of this was. Why would someone try so hard just because they heard one little thing they'd gone through as well? And why wasn't it getting through his thick skull that he wasn't interested?

"That's you though. What's it matter to you if I'm alone...?"

Ryo was having a difficult time recognizing something as simple yet rare as empathy. In his mind it had to be a trick or a misunderstanding. People didn't want to be his friend. That had become a simple fact of life for him. So why was this one weird, creepy boy defying logic and making that feel like it wasn't the truth?

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It seemed like this interaction was going to be longer than Kanmuri hoped for.

"That's you though. What's it matter to you if I'm alone...?"<i></i> Ryo responded defiantly. Kanmuri could relate a bit, but he could tell one thing for sure. He and Ryo were different. Kanmuri came from a place where he was tortured everyday, told he was trash, and forced to be broken continuously. For him, there was no source of love. There was no light at the end of the road. The only source of strength keeping Kanmuri alive was his unquenchable burning hatred for the Kyoujoran. He had a desire to flip their entire world upside down. No matter how unfair the trials were, he angrily persevered. No matter how many of his bones broke from their array of tortuous techniques, his body refused to stay down. No matter how much he developed as a person and shinobi, one part of him would stay the same; he’d destroy and kill those Kyoujoran. He’d show them just how “peerless” he really was.

With an audible sigh, Kanmuri would lean both confidently and comfortably onto the window with his hands in his pockets as he answered Ryo’s question. “I told you already. I’m reaching out because I was in your position before, but obviously we’re different. My circumstances made it so that I was looking for someone to love and accept me, but it seems like your circumstances are making it hard for you to trust.”<i></i>

While Kanmuri may have been literally hard headed, Ryo was extremely figuratively hard headed. He refused to open up. He refused to back down against adversity. He refused to accept Kanmuri’s genuine words of encourage and empathy. They were similar in their refusal to stay down. No matter what, the both of them continued on, but so far, Kanmuri had been the more successful one. However, that didn’t mean Kanmuri was better than Ryo--not even close. All it meant was that Kanmuri got a head start, and maybe Kanmuri subconsciously knew that--knew that the boy in front of him was destined for as much greatness as he was. Nevertheless, there was only so much another kid could do to help another kid get through tough times. What Kanmuri needed to do here was talk less and have his actions speak for themselves, which was absolutely fine to him. His mouth was getting tired.
13-9-16CM-Cute-Wolf-Tribal-Pattern-Vinyl-Decorative-Car-Styling-Decal-Cool-Car-Stickers-Black.jpg
Removing his right hand from his pocket, Kanmuri would make a fist and show the front of his hand to Ryo. What he’d see was an ink tattoo of a wolf. To most, what it seemed like, was what it was. However, Kanmuri, along with those who fought him, knew the truth; that was a cursed seal specifically designed as a tattoo. Today, Kanmuri would be revealing this truth to this random boy in the academy for no good reason at all. It was risky showing this power to someone. He could get reported, have it forcibly removed, or worst of all be demoted and removed from any notable positions of status--not because he had a cursed seal itself, but because of who crafted it and what it associated him with.

“This is a cursed seal. In case you don’t know what this is, it’s a chakra enforced seal that eats away its host’s chakra in exchange for power...great power. You’re probably wondering why I’m telling you this. Well, it’s because the chance of surviving getting a cursed seal is significantly lower than the chance of dying. My father--my own flesh and blood--gave me this not in order to make me stronger, but for himself. I was created as his experiment to be his personal tool of destruction, and I almost was until I took care of him and severed that bond.<i></i>

Kanmuri kept quiet in order to let the words sink in as he activated his cursed seal and allowed the tattoo to unravel and begin to consume him. It was an unnerving site to see. The black marks continued to spread and devour his skin like an army of ants blanketing their prey.

“Let me help you. I gain absolutely nothing by befriending you and showing how great life is when you’re enjoying it with other people, but I’m offering anyway, and I won't stop. Why? Because that’s what I needed most when I was feeling worthless. This is the conviction of empathy, and I won’t stop until you allow me to lessen your burden.”<i></i>

Maki Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy's efforts might have been will intended but his wording was sending absolute shivers up Ryo's spine. Casually throwing out words like 'love', talking way more eloquently than someone no older than himself normally would. Everything was just off about this guy. It even made him realize more and more how eerie his white hair and skin was. He didn't even like keeping his gaze on the him now. What was the deal with this guy, seriously? He was weirdly forward about himself and he seriously didn't know how to handle it.

Spotting the white haired boy pulling his hand out of his pocket made him draw his gaze his way on instinct as he half expected him to be trying to make some kind of move. Instead he showed him a weird tattoo on the back of his hand. It took him a moment to realize it looked like a dog of some kind. When Kanmuri began to explain what it was most of it went over Ryo's head. He was still trying to get a grasp on the concept of chakra and jutsu, this seemed pretty advanced for someone in the academy. Then he went on to explain that it was something very dangerous to be given and that his own father had put it on him. Wait, what? His father had been some kind of psycho?

Before he could really process the whole thing the black marks suddenly began to move across his skin, expanding and overtaking the boy's body. Ryo pulled back in surprise, his eyes widening in panic as the uneasy feeling grew to a new peak. He started talking about how he wouldn't give up trying to help him, not in a comforting way but in what sounded almost like obsession. Ryo had resorted to completely backing up at this point, his eyes wide with fear as he started to yell at him.

"S-Stay the hell away from me!"

He didn't even think twice. He turned on the spot and ran as fast as he could down the hall, getting out of sight and away from this absolute psychopath.

[ Topic Left ]

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Watching Ryo scream, Kanmuri would sigh to himself with a shake of his head.

"Well, it looks like not everyone wants to be saved. Hopefully his hardheaded attitude doesn't get him into any trouble."<i></i>

With that, the nine year old would turn off his cursed seal and be on his way.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back