Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Lesson in Language [Private]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He had been intending to do this for a while, but time was something he had been short on recently, since he had been turned down from the mission. He had been working on honing his skills and it was only on a self-reflection that he had been able to recall his promise to train the girl in language. It wasn't hard to do, he could do it in a few hours' time if he truly wanted. However, it was the part where he had needed to escape this parents where it had been a bit tricky. They had been keeping him closer, practically forbidding him from leaving for anything other than missions and retrieving groceries. His parents themselves never left the house. He imagined it had something to do with the fact that they had more than enough funds due to their dealings in the black market, but that was neither here nor there. He had managed to slip away and had been making his way towards the Yukata clan household when he found his student in the park. He landed beside the girl, making his presence known beforehand by calling out to her. As he landed beside her the boy would stand at his full height and glance at the young woman.

"We are beginning your language lessons. Follow me." Yoruko spoke with a simple tone, and began to lead the way to the Temple of Five, where the library was located. The trip there was silent, with the boy leading the way and on occasion verifying that the girl was still behind him following his lead. Upon arriving at the library he would take a seat towards the back, where he could see out with ease but where they would not be interrupted by anyone. He would wait for the girl to be seated before clarifying his intentions. "I am going to teach you language in seven days. When we are finished, you will be able to speak fluently as I. Though as far as emotions and facial expressions, that's something you'll have to practice and master at your own pace. When you are ready..." Yoruko would pause at this and chakra would flare throughout his eyes, activating his Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, the intricate design rotating in a slow fashion. "Stare into my eyes, and we can begin." Yoruko spoke, staring at the girl's eyes. Once she made eye contact they would begin the lessons in earnest.​

Itami Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Junko happened to have been wandering along in the park, she was resting in a tree till not too long ago when Yoruko had made her jump slightly and prepare to use her new jutsu that she was practicing to attack, but upon seeing that it was Yoruko, she relaxed. As far as Junko knew, he was one of the few left that she could be around without feeling a strange pit of sadness well up in her mind. When he told her that it was time for lessons she nodded and followed behind him, dodging from shadow to shadow, rooftop to rooftop. Yoruko could probably notice her reluctance to be around other humans, like she was avoiding them like the plague. Her chakra seemed to be flaring about her with every movement, it seemed that she still had no control over her chakra in general. She was leaving little purple flame like chakra spots behind as she followed. They soon faded but it seemed that through those she could be somewhat tracked by those who could sense chakra or see it. She followed Yoruko to the back of the library and taking a seat, her feet and hands on the edge like an animal would be. Her blank light blue eyes staring at him, almost as if she were looking right through him... with little thought behind them. She listened to his words and nodded, maybe now she can start to make progress?... probably not, but she didn't want to make Yoruko feel dissapointment either so she braced herself as well as she could and looked directly into his eyes before saying one line in return "Junko is ready... Junko want to... make friend proud..."

[Sorry for the wait and sorry for the short post, I just need to get back into the swing of things again. Took too long of a break.]

[mft- 286 words]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yoruko watched as the girl sat upon the chair with her feet resting on the seat itself and wondered if Souji had taught her properly how to sit in a chair. It was evident that there was a lot of work to be done with the girl, but he'd be able to catch her up to speed in no time. The girl seemed somewhat spacey as though she wasn't entirely there. Well, whatever the reasons for this were that would change in a few moments. He nodded towards her briefly as her eyes met his own, acknowledging her statement. "We shall see, Junko." Yoruko responded in a short breath as the world around them seemed to be cast in a red dye, the world bleeding into a crimson red color. Time stopped, the world around them and people around them ceasing their movements. The very air around them seemed to still completely, making Yoruko the only thing in the girl's vision. "You can act however you wish within this place. We are not within real space, this is all one massive illusion. Do not be frightened by anything you see here. In this realm, I can make a week transpire and in reality only a few seconds will pass." Yoruko explained in as tiny words as he could without seeming demeaning. Crossing his arms, he would then continue on. "Now, we're going to begin with my name. I am Murasaki, Yoruko. Repeat after me. Moo-rah-sah-kee, Yo-roo-ko." He spoke, enunciating his name out for her. It was a difficult first word to pronounce, but it would be the start. As he waited for her to begin, he would snap his fingers and the books around them would draw themselves from the shelves and he would open them without even a gesture, and the words would flow from the books, for her to see. "My name first, these words will come later." He assured her, not wanting her to feel cornered by everything going on, but... He wasn't entirely sure how to teach a girl the concept of language. Trial and error would have to do he supposed.

[MFT | WC: 356]​

Itami Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young girl stared with her pale blue eyes, not blinking, not even flinching when the world around her seemed to warp and change before her. She wasn't bothered at all, to be honest, it was something interesting to her. This ability to warp and seemingly bend reality brining thoughts to her head, thoughts of how she might get that kind of ability... maybe if she did get it, she could make Yoruko and Souji proud. Show them that she was getting stronger, thats she was getting smarter, that she was becoming a strong predit-...She stopped that train of thought as soon as possible. She promised her guardian that she would become a Guardian just like him. That she would protect instead of harm others like he strives to do... or so she was led to believe. With that bit of childish wondering and watching in amazement, she listened to his words. After hearing what he asked and how he asked it, she began to repeat after him "More...a...Sah-kay? Yoh-roo-ko?"<i></i> She seemed to have hit the nail on the head for Yoruko, but the other part... not so much. Her tongue seemed to twist itself like a snake as she tried again and again to say the first name. "Moo...rah...sah....key...."<i></i> Bit by bit she began to grasp how to speak his name and showed progress, however she was going to need to practice like any skill in life it seemed. After she finally got his name down in speaking she asked a question of Yoruko in a blank voice "Junko wants to... ask... Why does Yoruko... have strange eyes?"<i></i> She seemed to actually have no clue about his eyes or what they meant, or even what his bloodline was. Within this realm Yoruko would be able to notice a few things due to being within his 'world' one being that her chakra seemed to be giving off a dark aura, and the second being that her eyes seemed to react to his world, causing them to glow slightly with a golden light. Something didn't seem right about this girl now days. Like something was changing within her...​

[mft]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was very interesting that the girl did not flinch at the sight of the world transforming around her. Rather, the look on her face read closer towards a desire to learn how to do such a thing. Yoruko's own face did not give away the amusement which he felt. He listened to her speak his name a few times, attempting to pronounce it right. It took her a few tries with his surname, but she did get it right on the third attempt. After she succeeded, her voice spilled from her lips monotonously, asking him why his eyes were the way that they were. A soft chuckle came from his lips as he gave her a sharp look, seeming to choose his words. "When you are referring to yourself, you say 'I', not Junko." He would first speak, perhaps it was harsh of him to answer her question with a comment of his own but he thought little of it. He promised results, and she would appreciate his efforts later, surely. Yoruko interlaced his fingers and propped them upon the oak table with which they were sitting at.

"The reason my eyes are this way, are because of my bloodline. My family's line stems from the Uchiha clan of old. Their kekkei genkai, or bloodline limit is referred to as the Sharingan. In particular, my eyes are special even from that of other Uchiha which are cut from the cloth. My eyes are in an advanced form of the Sharingan, called the Mangekyô Sharingan. This world around you is but an illusion, crafted from my visual power." He would explain to her, attempting to use as few large words as possible, as his job was to teach her. Feeling sure that she would understand, he then gestured at the books to place themselves before the young woman upon the table. The first book was old and tattered, and held the alphabet. With a few steps he would place his hand upon the pages and speak to her once more.

"This is the first part of the alphabet..." He would begin instructing her, walking through the pages with her and stopping when need be. As he did so, he felt himself wondering what was different about her. With his Sharingan he could see her chakra network, and the chakra she was emitting looked darker than it did previously. It seemed colder too, if he had to put a meaning to it. Nothing like that Yukata woman, but even her actions seemed to convey less emotion than before. She seemed rather detached, if he were to coin the sensation. And he hadn't missed the slow shift into a golden tint which her eyes had taken. He wondered if she was reacting to his genjutsu, or if she held some sort of bloodline all her own. She didn't even know her own heritage though likely so it seemed he would just have to wait until she developed it to study it. Thanks to Hissori, he had medical records of every person he had ever worked upon in the Mist village. This gave him a massive advantage... One he would abuse.​

[MFT|WC: 528]

Itami Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl watched his every move. How his lips moved, how his face showed what he was trying to convey with his words, and above all his eyes. She found them interesting, a color that made her feel a hunger in the back of her mind and in the pit of her stomach. She dug her fingers into the chair she was sitting in, her chakra reacting and reaching out into the chair itself. The darker purple chakra snaking its way around the legs and just barely touching the floor. Her face remained the same in look however, opting for a blank look. She nodded towards Yoruko at his statement "Junko will try to say I... from now on. Jun-... I haven't really felt like... the real Junko as of late."<i></i> Her eyes would show a hint of confusion at her own words, as if she didn't even really understand her own thoughts and words. She looked away for a minute to gather herself, examining the table in front of them.

As Junko listened to his words, she seemed to be mouthing the bigger words to herself as she stared at the table. Her movements was slow but very careful with her mouth, even now while confused, she was attempting to learn as quickly and well as she could. After he finished his little blerb about the Uchiha, she began to speak aloud "Uu-Chi-Ha.... Kek-kay-gen-kai... Sha-ren-gan..."<i></i> Her eyes seemed to gain a slight yellow light to them, as if reacting to the knowledge that was now being given to her, and with the next word she didn't stumble at all. In fact, it seemed like she knew the word and even knew what it was "Mangekyô..."<i></i> her voice changed somewhat to be a bit odder, more beast like in nature as she dug her fingers into the chair more "Mangekyô Sharingan... Eyes of the Uchiha... Eyes of Deception..."<i></i> She watched as he gestured making the books flow over onto the table, turning her gaze to Yoruko and spoke to him "Eyes of Death."<i></i>

The last remark put aside however, she stared at the book he placed in front of her, its cover worn and obviously used very much in the art of teaching and learning for children, considering the amount of wear and tear its cover bore. Her eyes scanned over the pages and seemed to glow now, almost as if the text on the page was being memorized bit by bit. She stopped now and then to look at him to see what he himself was doing, but it never amounted to much more then his instructions. As she neared the middle of the book, she spoke while reading from the pages slowly. Very slowly, she obviously was not used to reading, and if she had not self-taught herself how to vocalize words within her own head, she would have needed to be taught how to read as well "Yoruko... Do you ever hunger?"<i></i> Her odd question came completely from left field as if she were trying to understand something that wasn't even a part of this training.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yoruko was very aware of the young girl's attention, watching him and attempting to understand it. His violet eyes captured her attention the most, that had not slipped beyond him... She seemed to enjoy what she was looking at though, he could have sworn he heard the soft creaking of wood as she gripped the chair with increasing tightness. Her dark purple chakra snaked down the chair and while he was not showing that he was aware of this, he was. He wondered what made her chakra act like this, was it due to her time away from people? Was her chakra attempting to interact with her environment for some reason other than to break the genjutsu? Was it truly perhaps that she had incredibly potent chakra but was unaware of how to control it? It seemed to Yoruko that he may have more to offer aside from merely teaching the girl language. His eyes watched her in an unflinching way as he observed what she said, along with how she said it. She listened to him when he corrected her, and caught herself mid-sentence and fixed it. However, it was what she said immediately succeeding that statement which held something of interest. She didn't feel like the real Junko as of late? Part of him wanted to know for the sake of knowing, but the part of him that didn't want to know, his brain, demanded he stay away, and not even give himself the chance to get attached to someone aside from Sadako. He stared at her for a moment, and she seemed to be confused by her own words. Yoruko continued on, explaining the answer to her inquiry. As she spoke, she began to speak the words without slowing down.

'Did her eyes just become yellow? I don't sense any chakra fluctuations that aren't normal for this girl... Does that mean that it's something else? It's not a doujutsu, is it?' Yoruko thought to himself, violet eyes flickering down to the girl's fingers, which gripped the chair even tighter. He took a moment as she began to speak again, coming to the conclusion that she seemed to have some degree of inherent knowledge of the Uchiha. This was somewhat interesting to him, as she was still learning to talk, how could she know what an Uchiha's eyes, let alone the Mangekyô Sharingan was called? It must've been knowledge that came to her from her parents... Suppressed? He couldn't fathom how she could be aware of these alternate names for his Doujutsu, but now was not the time to be focusing on that. This little girl was full of mystery, just as he thought he was beginning to understand her just a tad bit, she would spring something else different upon him. Not intentionally of course, but it certainly felt like it at times. Yoruko watched the girl study the book, beginning to take the pages into her own hands and reading them slowly. After a few moments she began to pick up the pace and Yoruko took a step back, watching her as she did so. She didn't get too far though when she sprung up a rather odd question for him.

He stared at her for a moment, not as though she were stupid, or even if it were out of the blue, but with a rather thoughtful look upon his face. He crossed his arms, sitting down at the nearest chair as he planted his feet upon the table, seeming to think on her question for a few minutes. On the outside, he almost looked angry, but anyone who knew Yoruko decently well would know better than to think that he was angry. He was deep in thought, wondering what sense this girl could mean. He assumed the obvious, but up to this point the girl had been anything but obvious. He took a few moments to choose his words before he began to speak, and looked her in the eyes. "You wanted to know, do I ever hunger, young Junko?" He began, starting it off with repeating what she had asked of him. He nodded slightly before sitting up, feet placed upon the ground as he laced his fingers together, the palms of his hands touching as he gave her a look that only an Uchiha could. "The word hunger is a very interesting term. It can be used in so many different ways... You could be hungry for food... It's used on those who are particularly vicious, and out to kill people. It's used also to describe those who feel hollow, without purpose. In many of these ways, I guess you could say yes... I am always hungry." He spoke softly, crossing his arms as he stood up and turned his back to her, wondering if he had perhaps gone somewhere with that he may regret in the future.

"Allow me to ask the question of you as well. Do you ever hunger?"

[mft|WC: 830 words?!]

Itami Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Junko looked up from her book to stare at him as he spoke his words. The look of anger seemed to just fly on past and over her head. At this moment, her mind was too busy learning this knowledge to really register such an appearance. Her posture seemed to show more interest then fear at his words. Her eyes trained on the back of his head as he had his back to her. She however... was still touching the book with her fingers, her chakra seeming to flow over the pages in question, was she still learning and reading without looking at the book? On the outside it would look that way, but no. Her -chakra- was learning instead of her, herself. She would need to learn the old way, through reading and study... but she would understand more and more as her chakra learned, taking the words and knowledge and making it a part of itself. As he spoke the final question to her, she spoke back instantly "Yes... Jun-... I hunger all the time..."<i></i> She looked back down at her book, her eyes scanning over the pages quickly, as if catching up to her chakra in the place on the pages.

Junko sighed as she spoke more to the man, not a skip in her language, not a hiccup in her speaking... she was learning very... very... very quickly, as if she was finally learning what she was missing for the past ten years of her life, drinking it all in like water "I hunger for many things... I... Try to ignore the hunger..."<i></i> She had finished the book quickly now, as if she had devoured the book in some manner of speaking. She closed the book and pushed it towards Yoruko, to show that she had finished with it. She looked over at the many books around them, her own eyes glowing a yellowish color even more, as if they were looking forward to all that she could learn here. A slight smile formed on her face, however devoid of all other expression she had at the time. Even though the conversation was pretty grim and dark, she was enjoying being around Yoruko, she didn't really fear at the moment, she was more focused on the learning and being around someone that was taking the time to teach her.

She turned her head back to look at Yoruko's back and tilted her head slightly like an animal would "I hunger for... what is it called?... ummm... Right... Flesh of others... I hunger for raw flesh. Not food."<i></i> She seemed to think of the idea of raw flesh not as a food, but something else entirely... but what? Only she would know for the moment. "Yoruko... If Junko... I ever die... Would you devour me?"
<i></i>

[mft]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yoruko had turned around just in time it seemed, for his violet eyes to catch something truly interesting. The young woman before him was using her chakra to copy the information and process it into her brain, something which he would not have thought possible, save for the fact his Sharingan enabled him as well to read at an incredibly accelerated rate. Violet eyes watched for a silent moment as the chakra began to fade from the book, seeming to nearly be complete with it. Junko spoke to him, and told him that she always hungered, for something. Yoruko raised a brow as a questioning look, however it was likely she wouldn't comprehend the body language, as she was still evidently learning. He instead opted to nod for her to continue, continuing to find himself more interested in this young girl by the second. She was picking up language as though it were a second one to her, the chakra having evidently acquired information on how to speak that he was unaware of. Could she in fact be learning this like a sort of footprint from others? Learning from them, as they had spoken out and been taught the language themselves? Pausing in his thoughts Yoruko would see the book being pushed toward him as she spoke once more, that she tried to ignore the hunger. A soft smirk was what she would see with her own, now yellow eyes.

"Dear Junko, hunger is nothing to fear... It merely reminds us that we desire for something. For knowledge, power, blood... A verification of our own existence perhaps, or even something as simple as food. We are always desiring something... What is it that you hunger for?" Yoruko would ask of her, as he gestured for another book, this time it was a full-fledged dictionary. He wondered how long it would take for her to absorb this information. Eyes would flicker with hunger for knowledge, eyes that Junko might even recognize were she to see them herself. He crossed his arms as he pulled a book out for himself, eyes darting across the pages as he awaited her to continue, and to answer the question which he had given unto her. To say that he would stop in shock would be a lie, it was more like he was tense, like he were caught in reading something he should not have. He watched the girl for a moment, snapping the book within his possession shut, as he took a seat upon an oaken chair. His elbows resting upon his knees, his chin would meet the backs of his hands as he leaned toward Junko.

"Would I ever... Devour you? That's... An odd question." Yoruko thought aloud, as his eyes seemed to look into the distance as he focused on the thoughts. The red-haired male wondered to himself what he would do in that situation, for the most part he assumed that he would not... Unless he was asked to do so. A solid look came to his eyes as he glanced over to her, what had felt like a few minutes to him was a mere second as he glanced back over to her, answering in an unwavering manner.

"Perhaps, if you wished it. I do not hunger for raw flesh as you do, but rather... Knowledge, Freedom... And power. If it were you that asked me to devour you upon your death... I suppose I couldn't help but oblige your dying wish."<i></i> Yoruko would respond, the back of his mind wondering what could possibly have happened to this girl for her to hunger for raw flesh as though it were something other than a food... Was it bloodline relevant? Was there more to it than that? He was unsure but he knew that in time, he would come to the right conclusion.​

Itami Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Junko had been reading through the books that were around them at this point. Gaining a grasp of the basics quickly and deftly, she was learning quite fast all things considered. She was reading through a book while sitting in front of Yoruko before speaking back to him in her usual emotionless voice... but it seemed to have a dark tinge to it, almost as if something had changed in her mind thanks to the morbid topic "Its eat or be eaten back in the old home. You devour non-stop to get stronger... Even when not hungry, you feed..."<i></i> She seemed to be speaking from experience "They feed the strength of the strong. The weak is used to become stronger."<i></i> Junko's bluish eyes giving off a slight glow as she read the books in front of her in increasing speed. Her own hands now back to gripping the edge of the seat, almost like a statue as she was reading, only moving one of the small hands to flip the page "Junko was hunted a lot. I was considered weak by the animals in her old home. Junko proved them wrong and fed upon them to get stronger."<i></i> She seemed to still be trying to grasp the concept of first person and third person, but she was showing promise and progress, even if it was a bit slow. She was mainly reading the basic books to learn language, and the concept of third person or first person is in the next step up to read, so soon she might change that. Just have to wait and see.

She too a brake from reading to look up at Yoruko, her cold blue eyes showing not a hint of fear or much else at the moment "Yoruko... You are a friend... If Junko dies, she wants you to live on. Junko's strength, no matter how small it at right now, would help. That is why I wish to be devoured by a friend when I die. To make them stronger."<i></i> She seemed to have a very strange outlook on death. Almost as if she didn't fear it at all, a big detachment to it, and most of the concepts that people typically fear... such as pain. Her fingers were digging into the wood of her seat, causing them to start to bleed afterall. It was strange, there was no reason for her to be so self-destructive like that, maybe it was being triggered by something? In any case she stared straight into Yoruko's eyes and spoke calmly "...There is so much that I don't know... I don't understand humans, I don't understand why Junko was put through her life. What did I do... What did Junko do to deserve a life of suffering?"<i></i> The words she spoke would normally have a tinge of hatred or sorrow to them, but her voice showed only wonder, as if asking a question that she didn't care if it was answered or not.

Junko returned to reading the books and grabbed a nearby one that wasn't selected by Yoruko. One on the laws of humans, the basic overall review of common laws between the lands, as well as a second dictionary for more advanced terms. As she was reading, Yoruko would be able to see her reach into a small bag, pull out a few pebbles and begin to move them around with her chakra on the table. She seemed to be killing two birds with one stone so to speak, learning and practicing her Chakra control at the same time. However she soon stopped reading the book in front of herself. Her body going stiff as if something were very much amiss "..."<i></i> Her silence being very out of place considering that Yoruko had managed to coax her into having an actual conversation with him. She pulled her legs in closer and hugged them as if she were afraid of something, or something was bothering her deeply. She would attempt to cover that fact with looking around slowly, but she was a kid none-the-less, it was still plain as day to anyone with a lick of body language. She spoke in the same voice but it also had a tinge of anger and hatred behind them "Junko-... I feel... Angry... What is this feeling, Yoruko?"<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Violet Sharingan eyes observed the girl as she read whilst he spoke, and then continued the conversation. With each passing moment her vocabulary increased. Her method of speaking was something that she would acquire with practice. Yoruko's eyes seemed to flicker with recognition at the girl's words which sounded familiar to him although he did not know why that was. He had never eaten another person or being, outside of the food prepared for him, in his life. He placed the book, which had been in his hands up to this point, upon the wooden table and crossed his arms, his right foot coming up to rest on his left knee as he leaned back in a thoughtful pose. She spoke of philosophy that was true, though he hadn't learned it from experience but rather through his parents teachings, and it was in a metaphorical sense. She was hunted a lot which meant that she picked up survival instincts pretty quickly for a little girl with no parents to speak of. He wondered to himself why it was that he felt a tinge of familiarity to her words. Was it simply him attempting to sympathize with her? He couldn't find himself sympathizing with anyone outside of Sadako, but even that had surprised him.

Yoruko's thoughtful look faded as he seemed to tune back into this false reality which he created, in time for her to continue speaking. He listened attentively as he was referred to as a 'friend' by this girl. He felt a soft smirk come to his lips and before he processed what he was about to say, he began to speak. "You want me to devour you if you die before me? Your strength to aid me? For your strength to be truly helpful... You'd need to be much stronger." He stated in an icy tone. Her strength was nothing more than that of a cute doll to him at this point in time. Though she could grow to be something truly fierce some in the future, for the time beig that just wasn't going to happen. "If you truly wish for me to devour you though, then I will accept whatever strength you have to grant me." Yoruko spoke with a tone that seemed just a bit warmer than the statement previous to this one. His sensitive hearing picked up on the sound of wood cracking just a bit. His nose picked up the scent of copper. Was she bleeding? A slight tilt of his head was all that it took for him to become quite aware that yes, she was in fact bleeding. Gripping the chair as though she wanted to destroy it, it seemed to Yoruko that they were getting closer to the crux of why this girl was the way she was. Right on cue, he heard her speak, appearing to open up to him as she did so, more than she already had. She expressed her ignorance of the world around her, of the reasoning behind her life being so terrible. She didn't understand humans... Hell, Yoruko couldn't really claim to understand the average human. He was the farthest thing from a regular human. The words themselves expressed enough for Yoruko to understand that she was still in pain, though her tone was in that of wonder.

What had this girl experienced that could leave her questioning that suffering she felt? Why did he feel like he could relate in some way to the feeling she had? A slight frown took hold on his face as he remained silent, not answering the question which she had asked of him. Violet eyes watched in silence as she picked out another book, the title of which inferring it to be a book on basic human laws, as well as a dictionary for more advanced speech. Essentially it was merely another Academy book, however at some point within reading the book the young girl froze and grabbed her legs, giving off standard body language for that of a child who was very emotionally unstable. She basically emanated her emotions with her chakra rolling off in an untrained manner. The anger was dripping into her chakra, which if he wasn't mistaken was now taking a much darker shade of purple. He would turn to glance at the book, to see what it was that had caused her to suddenly lock herself up so silently. Violet eyes skimmed over the page that it was left open at, but it seemed as though he wasn't piecing it together. He would retrieve his hand from the book, and stand up, brushing off his legs before kneeling beside the girl who was sitting in the wooden chair before him, her voice leaking emotion through. He decided it was time he dove into the matter of things, his curiosity getting the better of him.

"Junko. If you wish for me to help you, to answer you... Help me to better understand you. Grab my hand, and show me what it is that angers you. What happened to you back then? Before you were hunted, what caused you to be hunted? Tell me everything, and leave out not a singular detail. Pour your memories into mind and it will surround us." He spoke, his voice seeming to be uneven as though he were trying to be kind, but it was something that was difficult for him.​

[mft|wc:904]

Itami Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Junko looked over to Yoruko and nodded slowly, her blue eyes showing a hint of pure hatred for something. This child oddly seemed to not know what sadness was, rather, sadness was replaced with a hatred that grew over time. This kind little girl may have her quirks, but at least she tried to learn, to become a better person, which is more then could be said for some people. Her hand reached out slowly, shaking a bit as she grabbed a hold of his. Slight bits of blood was dripping from her fingertips that had been injured on the wooden seat. She closed her eyes as she tried to remember back as far as she could. Sifting through all her memories, trying to keep them in order, this little feat for most people was quite hard on the poor girl. She was a reaction type of person, so forcing something wasn't something that came natural to her, that was something that she would need to learn how to do with time. Yoruko would be able to see brief glimpses of memories as she sorted through them all before finally stopping. She stood up while still holding onto Yoruko's hand "Junko's home was the forest... but before that... the Ba..."<i></i> She was cut off as some 'ruffians' walked on past dragging along a small girl with plum colored hair and blue eyes, couldn't be older then about five.

Junko twitched as she watched the scene unfold before them, as if seeing them from two different views at once, first person and third person. The men dragged her and several other effects behind them. A few others had been dragging young children, a bit older then her with them as well. One could only guess it was sort of like 'spoils' of a battle. Junko looked down because she felt a hatred well up inside her that wasn't something she liked to feel "They took us from our homes, forced those who could work to do chores."<i></i> Her voice was calm now, very calm, almost like the calm of the dead "At least, that is what I thought at the time. We were slaves, that is all we were. When we could no longer serve properly, they killed us."<i></i> The land around them spun and was replaced with the camp that they used, Yoruko would be able to see the girls going about things like normal slaves would. However within those people Yoruko would be able to see Junko herself as a young child, being beaten for something small and trivial "They were cruel... they wanted nothing but perfect slaves, if we stepped out of line they beat us until we 'learned' as they said."<i></i> Her manner of speech was cold, collected and much more intelligent then before. It seems that there is a fair bit of intelligence being covered up by that childish mind she possessed, however this intelligence seemed to be odd and distant, as if not completely her own.

Junko pointed over at one of the huts that was made from the wood in that very forest "Keep a close eye on that hut for the next few minutes."<i></i> One would be able to see a man drag a slave into that very hut, only to leave alone... what happened in there was a mystery at the moment but one could only assume nothing good came of it. She then caused the world to spin as she focused on another memory, one of her own self being dragged into that very same hut. They were outside the hut staring at the hut itself. She looked like she wanted to take a step forward but was unable to at that time. There was nothing but pure silence, almost as everything had been forgotten for but a brief moment. They would stand there like nothing was happening, it was so silent that you couldn't even hear nature's common sounds. Soon however, the man left the hut... alone. Junko gritted her teeth as she glared at the man with a feral hatred. Then, there was a sudden sound of screaming, yelling and the common sounds of battle... more like a slaughter. The world spun and stopped inside the hut, there he would see a very drained and emotionless Junko crawl over to what seemed to be a hatch of unknown safety, lift it open and drop down into it, closing the hatch. If Yoruko looked on the floor of the hut, he would notice a small bit of... blood? Then... blackness.

The world changed in the blink of an eye to the forest and Junko standing among the beheaded bodies. Yoruko would be able to see her in a makeshift long shirt, made of what could only be called hempen material. Then... a growl... from the little girl as she walked over and dropped down next to one of the bodies and pulled out a small stone dagger that she had. She began to cut into the body and eat the body of that dead, beheaded man "Junko had to eat anything and everything to survive... alone."<i></i> After a bit she stood up and began to walk off into the forest. Many scenes of her memories, those of being hunted by bigger creatures and her surviving by the skin of her teeth. Being injured many times by creatures and herself. He would also notice that with every creature she devoured, man or beast... she seemed to grow stronger, a strange occurrence indeed. The many times she had no sleep due to needing to keep watch at night for fear of the creatures that lived in the forest. It also showed why she was able to so easily fit in with the Yukata family. She learned very quickly that the darkness was her friend. Yoruko would be able to see her learn that in the darkness she was safer then out in the open. She quickly lost her fear of the dark.

Then Yoruko would see the moment that she met Souji for the first time, she was devouring the bodies of some dead ninja. Souji appeared before her and offered some meat to her, she took it, he placed a hand on her shoulder, she cried and they hugged before he picked her up and faded to show the library again "Guardian was the first to show Junko any mercy. Any kindness... Junko owes the guardian her life."<i></i> She seemed to have calmed down due to that last memory, One could only guess that, that memory was a fond one and close to her heart. She looked up at Yoruko with her sky-blue eyes "Junko likes to think that you are just as important to her, you are someone that is taking the time to teach a useless little girl."<i></i>

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yoruko felt the girl's timid, shaking hand grasp his own as Junko would surge the memories forth over to Yoruko. In truth he did not need her to hold his hand, but he felt that at such a young age it would be best if symbolism were used. The young man waited for her to begin sending her memories to him, sending them deep into a forest as she remembered as far back as she could. At this point, she was still a very young girl he would have guessed. She began to speak as they reached a point in the forest where the memories began to play out. Some bandits walked around with a young girl that looked like Junko, at a young age as he had suspected. His eyes narrowed as he watched them. A painful pang of familiarity coursed through him and he had a slight flinch course through his body though he stopped it from reaching her hand. Why did this all feel like something he had also experienced? His eyes examined every detail, trying to find something that he could relate to. Something, but nothing he saw revealed to him any details. He bit the inside of his cheek to calm himself down and focused on the girl's memories instead.

She had been enslaved, which meant that to the bandits her life was worth next to nothing. This was something that he was indifferent to, feeling nothing within the pit of his stomach. He saw the girl next to him staring down at the ground, her chakra emanating the hatred from before that she felt. It was incredibly strong... He had no doubt that if she had been born with the Sharingan, her ocular prowess would be nothing to laugh at. Her words caused him to be on guard for some terrible thing to transpire, but he wasn't sure what. The girl explained that when they weren't useful that they were killed, which was something Yoruko had expected. Still, he didn't think that this was all that the girl was going to say, and while this was terrible to experience he felt as though there was more to this story that she would not say just yet. The girl began speaking in a way that showed she had matured subconsciously, while her conscious mind was still child-like, probably due to the fact that she was still young. That they would beat her for something so small and trivial didn't bother him, as that would be hypocritical of him. Life was cruel, you got over it and fought back, or you were left to submit. It was that simple to Yoruko, it always had been. She directed his attention toward the hut, and his eyes saw a couple of chakra signatures within it and everything around them did freeze. While it seemed she had blacked out as far as the memory went his chakra suddenly became very foul, seeming to feed off the very hatred which Junko also held. If anything Junko would feel a small portion of the anger he felt. His chakra leaked off of him as he glared at the hut hard enough that it seemed to distort the memory of the hut, causing it to crackle for a few moments. Just as suddenly as the hatred had began rolling off of him in waves, which leaked an incredible amount of killer intent it had vanished.

As they floated through the rest of the memories, the sense of familiarity that had been with the bandits was lost. He watched as she grew within the forest but it was quite plain to him what it was that had sent her into that fearful, angry state. He turned to look at her as they met Souji, and he stared at the man for a good long moment before turning to Junko. She spoke that the Guardian, which referred obviously to Souji, and himself were both very important to her. He looked at her for a few minutes before nodding slowly.

"I see. You are not a useless little girl, Junko. I don't say this to anyone, but you have potential. These eyes of mine aren't just good for ending people's lives. They see that you are a woman just waiting to become what you're meant to be. You are a survivor, first and foremost. Never forget that. One day, when the time comes you will have the strength to protect that which matters to you. Or.." He trailed off, seeming to bite his tongue at the moment. He wasn't sure what he was thinking, about to spill his thoughts to her. He had said quite enough s it was. The man grabbed a different book that was not within the circle of books they had been at originally and gestured for her to pull a chair nearby.

"For the time being, let's both learn Bohemian. It's something I've been needing to learn, and you can even say that we learned it together." He spoke, attempting to be somewhat kind. What drove him to act this way? Did he see something within this girl that reminded him of himself? The anger that he had felt when he had seen the happenings of the tent had caused him nearly to lose his temper entirely. He hoped that she would somehow not notice, or would simply ignore it... He had lost his self-control in that moment and it would be a pain if it cost him... That killer intent he had released would have been enough to floor a group of full-grown men.​

Itami Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Junko's face softened at Yoruko's words, returning to a soft childish blank face instead of one that seemed to spit venom. She turned her head to look up at him, her blue eyes seeming to reflect his own image like water. She had felt the killer intent, better believe she did, after all she was that close to him, holding onto his hand for it. However she was unaffected by it due to her own hatred for what she was remembering winning over the normal feeling of fear. If anything, at that moment, she was more likely to lash out at the killer intent then to be afraid of it. That being said, she was too focused on the memories to really react to him at that moment. She smiled slightly as he said that she would have the strength to protect but the or made her finish the line for him, or at least what she believed would be said "Or Junko will be able to devour anyone she wanted... But Junko thinks that would be boring, if Junko devoured everyone then this would be a very lonely place..."<i></i> She seemed to be thinking over it in her own noggin. A normal look of thinking danced across her face for a few seconds as he grabbed the book "Yeah... Junko thinks it would be very boring and lonely, like the old home all over again."<i></i>

She walked over and pulled out her old chair to sit down in it like she did once before, however she seemed to be in a bit of higher spirits. Now a small smile was showing on her face, She felt that she was right in thinking that Yoruko was someone important to her, someone she could trust not to harm her like her guardian. She tilted her head as she listened to his words on the language "Bo...hemi...an? What is that? Whatever it is, Junko would be happy to learn it with you!"<i></i> She was much better at speaking but that pesky third person talking was still there. None-the-less, they made a lot of progress on both the emotional and knowledge front. She looked at the book he had in his hand as she moved the advanced dictionary out of the way. She thought back to his words again. A 'Survivor'... She began to think upon what it could mean for her. The urge to survive is great, but to be a protector like her guardian, you had to be ready to die if needed. She was left with that bit of a question on her own hopes for the future.

She leaned in ready to learn, a determined look on her face as she sat there. She however seemed to be a bit distracted... one could tell by her moving the pebbles with her chakra again. She had placed one hand under the table and was getting used to sending her chakra through denser surfaces now to interact with the pebbles. Now this... was very difficult for her, She may have quite a grip on earth jutsu now days but she was still very much a novice when it came to harder uses of her chakra such as she was doing now. She figured that the table was thin enough and a good place to start trying. The pebbles were wiggling around slightly on the desk, moving bit by bit with her hand. A bead of sweat formed on her forehead as she stared at the book waiting for him to show it and begin the lesson they would both learn. The pebbles were moving more and more it seemed, she was getting a hang for it fairly quickly all things considered.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening to her finish the sentence for him led him to believe that she was definitely far more intelligent than she let on, though this seemed more subconscious than an active act. She seemed to have matured during her time in the forest, her subconscious more or less guiding her how to act, and now that her conscious mind was, for lack of better phrasing, becoming more intelligent... The young girl's subconscious maturity was beginning to show through and reveal that she was understanding what it was that Yoruko was saying. A soft chuckle was all that could be heard from him as he heard her own thoughts on the matter as well. She seemed to ponder it for another moment before reaffirming her beliefs that a world where she devoured all would be a very boring place. Yoruko didn't care for devouring the world, rather he was more interested in being freed within it. Unchained to any cause or nation, or any one being. His eyes closed as his heart beat a little faster in that thought. He set the book between them, so that she could touch it and do the odd transaction with her chakra that she seemed to be very good at. He in the meantime would skim through some of the pages, testing the waters here and there with some new words.

"Tak tohle je český? Nezdá se, že příliš složité..." He would utter, gaining some comprehension of the words as his eyes scanned the pages rapidly, glancing over to the younger girl. She was practicing with some pebbles, trying to make them move while her hand was under the table. That would normally be a somewhat difficult task, which meant that her chakra control was more than your average academy student, surely. He was still left with his own thoughts and wondering as he tried to figure out why the girl's memories struck a chord within his own mind, violet Sharingan staring off into space in quiet contemplation as he tried to force himself to remember but wound up with a small headache for his efforts. Feeling himself annoyed by the matter he would turn his eyes toward the girl to see if she had a good grasp on the language or not herself, seeing as how she had picked up basic language quickly enough. The bonus about her training her chakra control in here was even though she would not physically be training, she could practice in here for hours and she would still receive the same benefits as though she were training in the real world for just as long a time. The young girl would be far stronger than her comrades in no time if she continued training with him. He could even train her in fighting if he so wished, but he decided to store those thoughts away for later, lest he seriously become interested in the girl... As if he was not already severely invested into her.​

[Learning bohemian... wc: 498]

Itami Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Junko smiled as she reached over and touched the edge of the book with her other free hand. Her chakra flowing out onto the pages, seeming to be absorbed by the pages themselves. Her eyes seemed fixed on the book and its words, slowly mouthing out syllables and getting used to the abrupt stops or held out sounds of the language that was Bohemian. She began to mutter under her breath the language, as if she were testing the mental waters before she spoke. She wanted to look more intelligent then she knew she was, but like a kid, she let it show that she had a lot to learn overall before she could be called a 'smart' person. Her eyes scanning back and forth quickly as if she was like a scanning machine, keeping up with the papers being fed into her vision. She was indeed more Intelligent then she let on however, but one could only guess it is because of the fear of humans she had grown to have due to her past. She believed that making herself look stupid or wild like to new people would make them pay her no mind mostly and leave her alone, seeing her as no threat. However she has yet to learn that the evil that lurks within the heart of man wouldn't care and harm her anyway.

Back onto the subject, She seemed to follow along with Yoruko almost as fast as he read through. It seemed that her little chakra trick helped her keep up. What her eyes would miss, her chakra wouldn't. She began to get a grasp for Bohemian as Yoruko was as well, considering that she spoke back to him in Bohemian "Ano, je to snadné."<i></i>. A smile showed on her face as she began to grasp more then just the basics. After Yoruko had finished the book in front of him she pulled it closer to herself as she began to read it like a story book to herself. Practicing different lines, learning what words in common just doesn't transition well when translated into bohemian. She was ever the sponge for knowledge she was. Always looking for more it seemed, and a new language was a great source of feeding that hunger for it. Her face showed a smile that was quite different from when she came in. Showing a face of pure childish joy, something that she rarely showed to others when she felt it. After the class incident she felt that showing happiness was instead showing pride and something foolish, but she found herself unable to stop herself from doing such. She then looked up and showed worry on that childish face about Yoruko's sudden distant look before showing slight agitation on his face for but a brief moment. She closed the back cover for she had read it front to back, almost like a kid devouring their dinner after going without a lunch and breakfast "Yoruko, jsi v pořádku?"<i></i> She would speak in Bohemian almost as if it were natural at this point... in fact, she seemed to be able to speak Bohemian better then common. Go figure.

[mft]
[Learning Bohemian with Yoruko. 527 words.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back