Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A little outside help [Solo-completed]

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Megumareta?"

Megu stopped mid-stride down the hallways and spun quickly on his heels. Although he was within the Academy and therefore surrounded by people who could all fling some sort of fire/icel if he was attacked, he was always a little wary when a voice he didn't recognise was calling his name. He found a bald man in loose training gear stood behind him. It was weird how he had a lack of ninja headband, but Megu didn't was too taken aback to really notice.

"I've been assigned as your personal trainer. Come with me please."

Before Megu could speak the man started to stride off. He was finished with classes and for once didn't have a shift at the cafe afterwards. As much as he wanted nothing more than a lazy afternoon of catching up on Ninjawatch or listening to the Konaha Kats he had to admit his curiosity had been piqued.

Personal trainer...Suo maybe? Must have been.No one else would waste this kind of money on me.

The old man was always looking out for him and encouraging him like he was his own, and he knew his mother wouldn't have been able to accept the cost of hiring a personal trainer let alone let someone else bear the brunt of the costs. The man turned out to be one of few words as they left the Academy, entering the nearby woods. Megu tried to keep track of the trail they took but they were soon surrounded by trees in every direction, until they found themselves in a slight clearing. Megu wondered how the man could ever have found this place, but when he glanced up at him he realised the mans face had left it's stern, disinterested look behind and instead his eyes were now steeped with charka, without a hint of a pupil to be seen.

He's Hyugga... man this must have cost him a fortune.

"Hit it."

Megu realised he had been stood once again staring, and instead looked towards where the man was gesturing. A training dummy stood alone in the midst of the clearing. Megu nodded and moved towards it. It didn't seem like a time for questions, but a time for action. Not that he thought the man would have answered anyway. He unleashed a few gentle punches to warm up, the training dummy swinging back slightly with each hit, it's body taking the full force of his tiny fists. The dummy was the size of a man and Megu found that the face was slightly out of reach, but aimed a few swift uppercuts towards the jaw.

"Stop."

He doubled over and rested his hands on his knees, eyeing the man suspiciously. The man walked over and grasped Megu's hands, with Megu's every essence screaming stranger danger back.

"Not bad... but not great."

He felt warmth swimming down his hands amidst a faint green glow, the sign of a medical jutsu.

"Do you know how to call chakra?"

Megu nodded, bringing his chakra to the surface.

"Now condense it into your fists the second before you strike. It will leave the chakra around the rest of your body weakened but the extra force will put power into your strike, and gods with those muscles you need it. Now watch my stance, and how I follow through with my strikes."

The man walked up to the dummy and unleashed a barrage of blows, almost tearing the head off of the dummy.

"Try."

Megu walked over and centered himself, slowing his breathing. He found that the calm helped him to focus where his chakra needed to be. It was a feeble attempt at chakra pooling and one that barely moved anymore to his fists, but it was about what he could manage with his chakra control. He struck out at the dummy quickly with simple strikes. The only combos he knew where ones he'd picked up from watching the wrestling in the square, but didn't trust himself to try it. After the first few strikes he found a rhythm, and to his surprise found that the dummy seemed to be taking more damage than it had done before. He continued until he was out of breath, the man just standing and watching him until he regained his breath, and with a nod continued to assault the dummy. He wasn't sure why the man must have felt that the dummy had wronged him somehow but after what seemed like 1000 punches Megu was finally brought to a halt.

"You feel the benefits, yes?"

Megu nodded, once more breathing heavily.

"I want you to practice this at least twice a week, and over time we'll add more exercises for you to try. Be here next wednesday and tell no one. You don't want the other students knowing you're being given... outside help... it may complicate things."

Although the phrasing seemed a little off Megu knew what the man was saying, and remembered the mutterings when one of the other students had accidentally revealed she was receiving academic support, even though her grades were already better than most.

"And next time we're here we'll be working on your blood powers. I hope you've not grown too attached to that arm of yours."

The man let out a noise that was caught between a laugh and a snarl, but when Megu looked up he realised that once more he was alone.

He arrived home after an hour walking through the woods, tired but happy. He'd learnt about chakra control, about fighting stances and the proper way to hit. After a quick shower he was in bed, a quick nap before his evening shift began.

Two hours later he was at the cafe, trying to find a way to broach the subject with Suo, eventually sticking with a thank you and a playful punch to demonstrate what he had learnt. Suo seemed a little confused by the thanks, and even more so by the shot to the ribs, but ruffled his hair nonetheless and continued on with his work. Megu took his silence to mean he shouldn't mention this and swore to work even harder to repay his faith. Megu stood wiping down a table thinking over the day, his chakra twisting and churning within him. There was something that was bothering him and it wasn't just the mans general demeanor.

Wait... how does he know about my bloodline? I haven't told Suo yet and Mother made me promise to keep this quiet.

The washcloth slipped from his hand onto the floor below. The sinking feeling that was eating him up suddenly grew a lot deeper.

[Topic entered/Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back