Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A message received [Private]

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

He stood atop one of the rock images crafted into the rock face which had become somewhat of a prevailing symbol of the village's rebirth. The sun had not long set, when he arrived in this location with a small piece of paper which had been folded three times over. He'd received the message earlier in the day and had used the time to contemplate exactly what may be revealed to him. Folding the paper several times over once more, he would produce a metal lighter. A single flick of the flint roll and a small flame would rise to sear the end of the paper notice, burning away any trace of it's existence. Keeping the ember alive, it would not be long until a thin line of smoke rose into the air as he ignited the tip of a single cigarette.

"Tamashi has had a bad influence on me..."

The reference was to how his cousin's smoking habit had over time become his own, being something he more than likely would not have undertaken if not because of him. Inhaling slowly and between the trail of smoke which rose into the air his gaze fell onto the village below. It would not be long until the shinobi responsible for sending him the message would arrive and he truly wondered how much of a threat this could potentially pose to Konoha.

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinobu made his way up Hokage Rock at a steady run. Looking forward he saw the leader he was to meet and pondered his purpose, "I hope I didn't make the wrong call here, maybe I should have tried to stop him when we first met.... no Shinobu, don't second guess your instincts, taking out a simple errand boy would have stopped nothing. You did the right thing and if they don't agree then that's their mistake not yours." reaching the top of the hill he moved next to the man smoking a cigarette and gazed out at the city below them.

While keeping his gaze on the city below he spoke with a hesitant but respectful voice. "Oyochi-senpai, thank you for agreeing to meet with me. I apologize for being late during the assault to retake Konoha but I encountered a man in Iwakagure before the call was sent out. After hearing what he had to say I decided dealing with him and setting up lines of communications were more important at that time." soaking in the view Shinobu took a deep breath and stretched his arms. " It was a great thing when I heard the news though, being back home is something I thought would never happen, its something I believe just might have saved me, I was starting to loose myself in Iwa."

Snapping his attention back to the matter at hand Shinobu scolded himself, "This guy is not your therapist Shinobu, hes your boss, stop trying to explore your feelings and do your job." turning to Oyochi he pointed to the cigarette, "Mind if I have one of those?"

[MFT]

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

He extended a small package, the back being tapped lightly with his fingertips extending an unlit cigarette for Shinobu to take grasp of. Once secured, he would offer his lighter towards the male, a simple strike of flint birthing a low flame while he himself took a light drag on the one pressed between his lips. After Shinobi successfully lit his own, the metal cap would slap down extinguishing the flames life. While he pressed the lighter into a belt pouch, Oyochi noticeably kept his gaze focused over the village, watching the hustle and bustle of nightlife become active.

"Must have been a difficult year for you then, since Iwagakure liberated this village and has since funded it's resurrection. Though not how it once was, I would like to think together we've built a modest village and brought a rekindled meaning to the Will of Fire, wouldn't you agree?"

They were polar opposites when it came to this village and region, Shinobu being a native returned home while Oyochi was raised in Earth Country and effectively transferred as part of a restructuring effort to also stabilize the area with shinobi presence. In the year since the operation he had grown to have some sense of pride in the region, which was why he still remained.

"Part of being a shinobi is making decisions which will bear the greatest reward against a weighable risk. What you have done is the core of our training, gather intel and act accordingly instead of allowing emotions to dictate our actions. So, what have you to report that may be of value?"
<i>
</i>

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinobu took the cigarette from the box and accepted the light without a word. Taking a deep inhale of the intoxicating smoke he turned his eyes out to the view of the city as the more skilled shinobi spoke. "The Will of Fire rekindled, yes it has been, I didn't really know what it meant before returning, but now, now it really does mean something to me." blowing a cloud of smoke out in front of him Shinobu turned to Oyochi and said, "Yes I would have to agree, the Will of Fire is alive again thanks to everyone's hard work. It is something I never really appreciated before."

Gathering his thoughts Shinobu began his report at his superiors indication. "I was leaving the Diamond Complex... from well a late night 'meeting' with a friend. I was trying to avoid a potential misunderstanding with a businessman when I encountered a stranger. He seemed a little odd at first, but nothing to worry about." taking another drag he considered his next words carefully. " Then he introduced himself as a shinobi from the Village hidden in Sand, then..... then he asked if I knew anyone who would like to BUY other people." finishing the cigarette in a large drag he put the ember out on the bottom of his shoe and pocketed the filter for later disposal.

Turning to Oyochi, Shinobu took on a much more serious tone than he is used to taking with leadership. "Now I am not the greatest person in the world by any means. I have caused my share of troubles and bent or broken more than a few rules, but there are many lines I will never cross in my life, and human trafficking is one of those." hesitating for a moment he seemed to consider the gravity of his words, as if they had just helped him realize something about himself.

[MFT]

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

He remained respectfully silent when Shinobu was speaking, taking everything into account whether it was in regards to his personal life or the information being disclosed. His silence was proof he was actually listening and thinking about what he had been told, never one to attempt rash understandings. His lips pressed tightly on the cigarette filter, eyes narrowed while the smoke was drawn into the air pockets of his lungs. A thin drift would rise after a sudden expulsion of smoke, his eye's showing a intense glare.

"So much is still yet to be fully understood by your encounter and to little is unknown for us to make a true move as we would if this was a verifiable threat. If this is a shinobi from the hiiden Sand then they either are aware of his dealings or completely in the dark. There is the potential that this being is a rogue or part of a group...Equally dangerous is the fact that being from sand village is a complete ruse."

After some shared silence, Oyochi tilted his head slightly before giving his single question, "Any other details or information on the being, appearance and other things?"

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinobu nodded as he listened to his superior, "wow, that's an intense glare. Hes right though, I really don't know much about this guy at all, he could be anybody." reaching up with his right hand he began to scratch his scraggly beard while sharing the silence with Oyochi. The superiors question caused him to pull the hand down as he began searching his memory for more details.

He spoke in a more relaxed tone than before, "Aye sir, there are more details, he had bleached blond hair, a shaggy coat of pink feathers draped over his bare shoulders, a sculpted body bare underneath it that almost seemed literally sculpted, and heeled shoes. He also wore a pair of dazzling sunglasses that hid his eyes. As we spoke I realized quickly that he was merely an errand boy, he was even kind of dim." chuckling to himself slightly Shinobu remember how ignorant the guy had really acted. "He actually acted at first as if buying and selling people was normal, I quickly played to his apparent arrogance and pretended to be of questionable morals myself and willing to act as an employee of his. He mentioned working for superiors and knew taking him out there would only briefly stop the criminal activity."

Leaning on his right leg Shinobu pulled an oversized kunai out with his left hand and began flipping it over in his hand absent-mindedly, a bad habit in front of superiors but not one he had broken himself of yet. "remember you are home now, the Will of Fire has been kindled, show them you are ready to serve the country and village." perking his tone back up to a bit more serious he looked at Oyochi with an equal intense stare to the one he received before. "As we left I set up a contact I had in the Wonderland Cafe to be a relay for us and told him I would search out buyers for his goods. I also made sure to get a read on his chakra signature, I know I can pick it out when I see him again. At your command I could pursue more information on this organization and continue communications with the stranger." lessening his stare to one with a bit more empathy he finished his report by saying. "He mentioned that Iwa would be one village he was working in, he didn't say specifically but Leaf may also be on that list. The idea of people like that doing business here makes me sick to my stomach."

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

As Shinobu spoke, Oyochi reached towards the scroll pockets on the front of his flak vest, unfastening one and allowing a small scroll to slide into his palms. Peeling the end of the scroll back, he'd unwind a section of the blank parchment before producing a stick of charcoal covered in dark blue cloth. His fingers would work quickly, following the speech of the chuunin as he recorded the details down regarding their potential subject.</I>

Urgent Message for the Hokage from the Head Jounin

Information regarding a potential threat to the village has fallen into my hands thanks to a village Chuunin named Shinobu in regards to a plot revolving around the human trafficking of individuals within Iwagakure and possibly other locations including but not limited to Wind and Fire countries. The agent in which Shinobu had encountered claimed to be selling human cargo and also claims to be a shinobi from Sunagakure. From his own words Shinobu admits the man also claimed to have superiors above him and that he belonged to an unnamed organization.

Here is a physical description of the suspected trafficker.

Bleached blond hair
Wears a shaggy coat of pink feathers draped over his bare shoulders
He has an exposed torso which appears sculpted and unnatural
Wears heeled shoes
He also wore a pair of sunglasses which hid his eyes

I will leave this information to be passed along to the Anbu Captain by your hands and decision. Shinobu has expressed interest in continuing his surveillance of the organization as he has established some beginning ties that may offer up additional information at a later time.

Signed Oyochi.
Scroll
X
<I>Once finished he would roll the scroll up tightly and wrap a small cord over the scroll to keep it from unfurling. Placing his palms together, the seals visible on the underside of his hands would glow before placing both on the ground. A small plume of smoke rose and quickly dissipated leaving before him an albino serpent which also was marked by the same seal, though it had it upon the top of it's head. Handing the scroll to the messenger serpent, the snake would wrap it's mouth over the parchment and devoured the scroll in it's entirety before looking up at Oyochi.

"Bring it to the Hokage's attention, no pit stops"

The serpent, understanding it's task would disappear in between some boulders as it slithered away. Rising from his position and finally being able to take another drag of his cigarette, Oyochi's gaze tracked towards Shinobu.

"What course of action and it's sequence to be taken will be up to the Hokage though this is definitely a priority. I do not want you engaging in any unnecessary behavior until the go ahead is issued by our village head first and foremost, though actively keep your eyes and ears open. Without a doubt the gate guards and the Anbu corps will be made aware of this individual and he may be added to the Jounin's bingo books. The last thing we would want is one of own going on a rogue mission at this particular time without more information. Every leaf is important afterall and to place the one in unnecessary danger only hurts the tree in it's entirety, understand?"
<i></i>​

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinobu watched as Oyochi pulled out the charcoal stick and the scroll, taking his time he tried to make sure every detail he could remember was addressed. "I hope I didn't leave anything out! Whatever the case this should be enough to at least slow down the mans progress." as he finished the report he watched the Jounin roll up the scroll then what happened next took Shinobu's breath away. "What in the world?" His jaw dropped a little bit and his shoulders slumped slightly as the creature appeared.

Watching the serpent slip away between the boulders brought Shinobu's attention back into the moment, listening to the instructions he nodded and replied. "Yes Sir, I understand." standing up straight and putting his arms down at his side Shinobu bowed respectfully. "I will not take any actions without further orders. The contact in Iwagakure will wait for my response patiently." standing up straight and leaning back in to a more relaxed pose he smiled and said. "Dont worry about me, I will not be trying to cause any trouble, I'm really trying to take the Will of Fire serious this time, not everyone gets a second chance to come home."

"That snake thing was interesting"Scratching his messy beard once again Shinobu looked to Oyochi and took a more cautious tone with his superior. "Hey I couldn't help but notice that creature you made, was that some kind of creation jutsu or some kind of summoned thing?" with a genuine tone he inquired more. "I always wondered how some shinobi summoned animals, their nothing like creation jutsu. Can you summon any animals besides snakes? That swallowing the scroll move was kinda gross."

[MFT]

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
His eyebrow raised slightly at the question posed as he pressed his cigarette into the ground, putting it out before placing the remains within his belt pouch to be trashed later. He supposed it was a valid question and it slightly dawned on him that others may have not had the same understanding of various shinobi arts that he had. Although he was incredibly young for the position he held, it was not a testament to his age which secured it but the level of immersing within the shinobi world that he had experienced since the academy. Finding himself resting upon a nearby boulder, palms positioned between his legs and eyes staring at Shinobu with a calm gaze, Oyochi would say something that the man probally was not expecting.

"That serpent is my second oldest friend behind my older brother, he is neither a summoning creature or a jutsu creation. I suppose the method in which he appeared gives reason to believe otherwise but you see, the marking on his head is a sealing formula which allows me to reverse summon him from wherever he may be lingering, usually inside my apartment."

Oyochi would turn his palms over, each having seals formed upon the skin which resembled eyes, the symbol of his clan. Holding his hands in a way that Shinobu could see, he continued to speak.

"My clan has close ties with snakes, especially back home in Iwagakure and the Naga species native there. My sibling however was contracted by a summoning familiar and could summon various Serpent entities to aid him..though exactly how he came about learning to do so was something he never shared outside of the already known method. Generally if you capable of stumbling across one of these creatures you may have a chance of signing a pact to be able to summon them or even be taught by someone to do so. Even amongst Shinobi though, exactly how to do this is as varied as their are known jutsu."​

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinobu pondered his leaders words while scratching his beard and flipping an oversized kunai in his hand. "Wow, there is so much I still have to learn. I have not spent my time very well, here or in Iwa." becoming more interested in the potential to fill the gaps in his training Shinobu went over to a boulder near Oyochi and sat down while still scratching at his scraggly beard. "Not a summoned creature or a creation jutsu, how in the world am I supposed to learn stuff that they never even talked about in the Academy. Heh well I guess I would have had to listen at the Academy before I can make that complaint." looking a little embarrassed and confused he continued listening to the head jounin.

With inquisitive eyes he soaked in the look of Oyochis hands as they were held up to inspect. "Yes, those definitely look like seals of some sort, but I will be danged if I have even the foggiest clue how to read any of their components." listening to the explanation of Oyochi's clans connection to snakes sent a small shiver up Shinobu's spine. "Snakes and spiders, man why do so many shinobi have to be connected to creepy types of creatures, what is wrong with a cat or a dog, something friendly that couldn't accidently poison you?" Brushing off the slightly disturbing thoughts he nodded. "Ahh yes, he speaks of secrets, so many shinobi and so many secrets. I wonder why they guard them so closely, wouldn't a community with shared information be stronger?"

Pondering the mysteries of the shinobi world were pushed to the back of his mind. He finished listening to Oyochi and after taking some silent time in contemplation he spoke up again. "So the ways one would find a summoning 'pact' as you call it would be to stumble across something, or to find someone who is intimate with summoning creatures to teach you. Great that sounds easy, well not the stumbling but the teaching. Now if you could just point me in the direction of someone who can teach me how to summon a bunch of different animals I will go ask them to train me, I will just learn the way they do it." with a broad smile Shinobu looked up at Oyochi with an attitude of accomplishment.

[MFT]

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

"Seems you are pretty steadfast on finding a summoning contract for yourself, I suppose it would be truly prudent of me not to at-least point you in some kind of direction."

His words would undoubtedly light a flame of hope within Shinobu, considering the task ahead of him should he have gone blindly in search of what he sought. Summonings made and increased many shinobi's skills, meaning that in urshering him forth that it would definitely benefit the village's skill as a whole. Producing the same package of cigarettes as before, with a light tap, a single filter would expose itself. Taking the filter into his lips he draw out the rest of the cigarette though did not light it immediately. Instead he found himself tapping on his headband's metal plate as his thoughts folded over in his mind.

"Unfortunately my sibling is, well I actually do not know where he is in this world currently or if he is still alive, so that would be of no help. However, I do have a cousin here within the village who also made the transition to remain stationed in the village. His name is Tamashii, and if you run across him simply bring up your interest in summonings and that I vouched for you on the seal of the Yukata's awakened eye. That should get your feet in the door but any further will be of your own conviction and strength"

A flame would spark and another trail of smoke rose into the air as his body fell into a passively relaxed state. Tamashii was easy going enough to hear this man out, but it would be up to him to convince or pressure him any further for what he sought. This was even before Shinobu would be aware of what potential dangers if any awaited him on his path. Though as a fellow shinobi Oyochi could only wish him the best of luck to acquire the knowledge he sought.

"I hope that the little I could tell you with my own limited information has been of some good help to you."

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The words of the Head Jounin struck a chord deep inside Shinobus core. "He's right, I will keep working until I understand all this crazy shinobi stuff. I should have practiced and studied more as a Gennin but the past is written already, no sense in trying to change that." nodding and plucking at a tangle in his beard he looked up at the mention of Oyochi's missing brother, "I am sorry to hear about your missing sibling, and I have actually met Tamashii, hes a good guy." Smiling with a wide open mouth he kept tugging at his beard.

Shinobu pulled his hand down from his beard and stretched a little bit as he took another longing glance across the village. "Yes Oyochi-senpai, you have been very helpful. I appreciate everything you have done, both for me and the village. I hope together with our comrades we can reignite the Will of Fire across the country. I never appreciated that before, the Will of Fire. It was an idea that seemed... distant and incorporeal" He looked back from the city to Oyochi and snapped his arms down to his side. "Until coming home taught me it wasn't an idea at all. It was a series of connections that had a solid body, that it walked among us in the actions and people who call this place home." Respectfully looking his superior in the eye Shinobu bowed slightly and then lowered his head. "I will be hoping to hear more about a possibly role in the hunt for this human trafficker, but until then may I take my leave Oyochi-senpai?"

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rising up from his bow he nodded solemnly to Oyochi, the look in his eyes told him he had permission to go and Shinobu turned and walked away without another word, just a friendly wave. Taking his time he kept glancing out over the city as he walked away. "Tis a truely beautiful place, to think I ever wouldn't have appreciated it before seems crazy now. But I suppose it was all the things leading up to this point that have made the the shinobi I am today, if I could trade anything in the past out then I most likely wouldn't. It might not lead me back to the man I am now." Smiling wide he jumped down the un-carved portion of Hokage Rock and did a free hand climb down the rest of the way, making sure to use only one hand at a time to keep his training in top form.

As Shinobu finished his climb and began walking through the city he took his time along the street. Soaked in every view and person that walked by and even reached out to feel the surrounding of the city with his Sensor ability. He spoke with a fruit merchant for a moment before purchasing an apple to eat and then continued on his way. "Yes, I wouldn't trade any of this for anything, no better place to be than right here right now." Looking back up at Hokage Rock from the city below he pondered the history that went behind each face, he thought about the troubles each of them might have gone through and wondered what each of them might have appreciated most about Konoha before finally reaching home for the night.

[Topic Left]
[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back