Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A New Challenger Approaches! Adding to the Ranks! [Private: Harupia]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was the beginning of another beautiful day in Sunagakure as the sun had slowly risen into the morning sky and the birds were alive and chirping already this early in the morning. Many of the inhabitants were still situated in their beds as the descendant of Byakko had already stepped foot outside of his home near the Toraono Dojo and was heading towards the library for a meeting today. The contents or who asked for a meeting with an Oracle had been unknown, but considering how busy the other members of the order had been in recent times, Kyuji decided to be the attendee of the meeting for the order and he would file a report with his brother, Toraono Kuro, depending on what occurred afterwards. Of course, being an Oracle however, he had to shield his appearance while he was performing a duty for the order much like the ANBU shielded their appearance when on duty. It was somewhat ironic that he was wearing a mask and a shroud to conceal his presence much like the ANBU branch of the village, but rules were rules and he had to follow them or ultimately get his ass in trouble.

In any case, it would not take him long to appear in front of the Library and position himself inside of the building on the first floor at one of the tables in a corner. The individual that had made the meeting had been told to seek out the Oracle at one of the tables on the first floor and be prepared to spend a good amount of the day with the Oracle since the creatures of the order were full of knowledge that they could give to others and also were intellectuals who basked in learning information and jotting it down from the simplest of things like flora or fauna of the village to the legendary creatures in history like sandworms and carnasaurs. In other words, the individual whom Kyuji would meet would be in for a fun time with the descendant of the celestial beast known as Byakko. However, the fellow who did show would not be able to make out that the person that they would meet and talk to was Byakko Kyuji as he had hidden his identity as protocol called for; the only way that one would know it is Kyuji is if they paid close enough attention to his right sleeve as he had a lack of a right arm in recent times and it would just dangle there. But, he also was wearing a shroud with sleeves that were a little long so it was hard to make it out anyways.

Sometime would pass and it was getting time for the one who asked to meet with an Oracle to appear. Who would it be and what would they want?

[MFT: 477]

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru whistled to himself, trying to relax his body a bit as he wandered through the Oracle Halls. He didn't visit them too often, as from what he understood it wasn't quite open to the public unless you were part o the order or invited in, as he was right now. Which made the fact he...may have snuck into the building a few times, to study some information on his excursion out of the village...well, it had him wondering whether they would be aware of it or not. He did know one thing...he would like to study them more closely in peace. And other than that...he was simply curious about the whole thing. Ever since he heard of the orders he was slightly lukewarm around the idea...from all of them, the Oracles seemed more fitting than other, but he never felt as that much of a bookworm

However, his chase for his ancestor's path...the hunting for information, haggling, sneaking, discovery, the danger...as mu much as it was harrowing, there was something exciting about it. trying to take the scraps of information form the world, and placing them together to find something so astonishing so foregin...so unknown. He had to say...he'd very much enjoy trying to do things like that more often. Hence his decision to ask for an audience with one of the members...which was graciously granted.

It didn't take long to find the proper table...well, he hoped it was the right one. He or she was in unfirom...it was a bit surprising when he first found out about them covering their appearance, but he guessed it made sense in a way. He gave the person a polite bow before sitting himself in front of him and saying "I hope the day finds you well, Oracle. I am Harupia of the Sunaku Clana. I assume you are the one I was met to speak with?" And so it began.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the descendant thought, it would not take long at all for the individual who requested this meeting to surface from his home and plop himself right across from Kyuji. Of course, the proper protocol of bowing and what not were exchanged between the two men and then the business part of this meeting would begin to pick up. The man would introduce himself as Sunaku Harupia and he was bearing an unique set of attire for the country being almost entirely black except for his red shirt underneath and his Sunan headband around his neck. The fact that he was wearing his headband was a surprise since many shinobi of this country and in the world had chosen to not wear them anymore for whatever reason. Even our descendant, of the legendary creature known as Byakko, had chosen to not wear his anymore but instead plaster the village emblem on his medical robes that he wore on duty.

However, the more impressive aspect of meeting Harupia again was the fact that the man had shaven since they last met and he was completely oblivious to the fact that he was talking to the same doctor who worked with the Aka-duo to patch him up and make sure he didn't have the Red Death coursing through his veins. That meeting was so ancient now that Kyuji had almost forgotten about it and would've never recognized the man if he hadn't introduced himself once more. Man, the times had been changing and definitely in good fate for Mister Harupia. But, Kyuji could not reflect long on the matter as there was a meeting between them today and he needed to keep it professional and going since he truly had no idea why Harupia was here.

But, he would allow the man to speak and would promptly give a response from behind his mask concealing a smirk that had surfaced on his face since he was going to have fun with this fella. "Harupia of the Sunaku Clan, welcome to the Oracle's Library. I am the one that you sought out and I have come. What is the occasion for wishing to speak with a member of the Oracles? Perhaps you have information that you wish to give to us to add to our records. Perhaps you seek knowledge that only the Oracles have access to. Speak, Harupia of the Sunaku Clan" he would state as he sat in his chair and his golden eyes would stare into the very soul of the man in front of him. This man was going to be interesting to say the very least. One could only wonder what would happen next!

[MFT: 446]

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Harupia waited in silence as it seemed for a few seconds the oracle was surveying him. He guessed his choice of clothing might have been a bit unusual, black clothing usual said to make the sun burn worse...but living in the desert most of his life had a way of getting him used to the heat. And while it seemed not as fashionable lately to actually wear you forehead protector as you grown in the ranks, he felt it was too important of a symbol to not have it. especially teaching in the academy, had to give a good example to the students. And wearing it around his neck was quite comfortable...though he kind of wonder if he maybe could do with something fancier rather then the cloth wrapping... but he quickly shook his head. not the time to focus on vanity at the moment. Then again he was speaking to someone behind a mask and clad in robes. He got why the Anbu did it, given the nature of their work...he wondered what it could mean for an oracle to be hidden as such.

After a few moments, the Oracle spoke up...with a somehwat...familar voice. It was a faint familiarity...like, someone he spoke with briefly in the past...he couldn't put a finger on it... After he stopped speaking, he paused a bit to consider his answers before saying "Well, I'm not sure just how much knowledge you have regarding my clan, so I'm not sure how much I would be able to share right now. And in truth, I would be interested in the records you are holding... But the reason I am here is...I have been lukewarm on this idea of the orders, to be honest.It seemed...I dunno, focusing on the past, while the future was so shaky, to begin with. Then again, I accent done much to secure the village's future lately, but rather my own self-interests. But in my journey, I found myself hunting for something, and using what information I could get, hunting for scraps, haggling, fighting over knowledge I would never consider learning about... And I have to say, it was quite exciting. And I found myself wanting for more. A chance to seke more knowledge, to bring it home and share it with others. That seems like a good way to make up for at least part of my past shortcomings.." he said half to himself before leaning in closer to the Oracle and saying "I want to Join the Order. Become one of you. And my question is...where do I start?"

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would feel like a single heartbeat would not be skipped as Harupia would respond almost instantly to the descendant of Byakko. The man, who was roughly the same age as Kyuji, would go on a long-winded tangent about being lukewarm about the Orders and having a thirst for knowledge which easily cleared up any questions that had entered the Oracle's mind. He didn't even need to hear the tail-end of his response to know that he wanted to become an Oracle much like Kyuji. This would prompt a smirk from behind the mask that he was wearing as he never would've thought that this man would ever want to join the "bookworms" like him considering their initial interaction at the Hospital with the conjoined twins where he was so carefree. However, people operated in different ways with one another and having a thirst for something could drive one to do everything to obtain what they wanted while others would sit back and wait for fate to decide their course. In any case in this situation, Harupia was doing the first and he was going to be in for a interesting day with Byakko Kyuji, it would appear.

Once a moment passed, the Oracle would shrug his shoulders at the Sunaku and give a simple response of the following: "Very well, Harupia. We will start now so I hope you came prepared to learn and work." It was after he spoke these words where he stood from his seat bring his left hand, since he didn't have a right one, to his face and a look of pondering if one can see his face. He was pleased that someone wanted to join the Oracles, but he never had been tasked with testing one of them before so this was going to be a learning experience for them both, but fortunately for his friend, this would not be a difficult life-and-death situation like Barynx had been nor the Cabal and Sovereign continued to be.

It would be a few moments of holding this pose before he would simple nod bringing his hand back to his side and having his sleeve consume it once again. It was time to see if he could pass the first trial that an Oracle was tasked with. He would speak: "ومن المثير للاهتمام أن كنت قد تأتي لي لأنك تريد الانضمام إلى أوراكليس، هاروبيا. لا يسمع من أي وسيلة، ولكن نحن عادة مجموعة أكثر منعزل من الأفراد الذين يسعون إلى أعضاء جدد للنظام عندما نشعر أن الوقت قد حان. ومع ذلك، أنا معجب مع شجاعتكم للخروج هنا وطلب مباشرة وسيتم اختبار وفقا لذلك على أساس هذا العمل. أولا وقبل كل شيء، يجب أن تعرف رونيك أرض إذا كنت تسير حتى لبدء الانضمام إلينا وتكون على استعداد لتعلم رونيك أرضي الرسمي بعد أن أصبحت جزءا من النظام. رؤية العديد من سونانز يمكن أن تتحدث النسخة غير الرسمية من اللغة، قررت أوراكليس لاستخدام النسخة أكثر رسمية كما أنه من الصعب فهم وأنها لغة فقدت بصراحة." Hopefully, he would be able to understand what the descendant of Byakko would say to him as it was an important aspect of being an Oracle in the first place. If one did not know the informal version, they would have a difficult time of learning the formal one and being a valuable asset to the group as many of their writings that never left the bottom floor of the Library were written in this formal language and even sealed shut with chakra as well as a buffer. Only time would tell in the long haul though.

Translation:
It is interesting that you have come to me because you want to join the Oracles, Harupia. It is not unheard of by any means, but we usually are a more secluded bunch of individuals who seek out new members for the Order when we feel it is time. However, I am impressed with your courage to come out here and directly ask and you will be tested accordingly based on this action. First and foremost though, you must know Runic Terran if you are going to even begin joining us and be willing to learn Formal Runic Terran after becoming a part of the Order. Seeing as many Sunans can speak the informal version of the language, the Oracles decided to use the more formal version as it is harder to grasp and it is a lost language honestly.

After giving himself a moment to flip the switch in his mind back to their common language, since going between languages took a heavy toll on his mind as he rarely used either Sunan language, he would continue talking to Harupia: "Your first trial will be a simple one. You are a Sunaku and thus you have a family history about your abilities and powers. I want you to describe to me everything that you can about the Sunaku Clan. This will show me if you have the capability and mindset to accurately describe something which is important to being an Oracle as the public is allowed to have access to our Library excluding the bottom floor and we need to have clear, concise, but descriptive information to help them out. For example, we have members of the Uchiha Clan that live in our country whose prized possession is the Sharingan and Mangekou Sharingan if they are able to unlock their powers. These doujutsu have the capability of utilizing Genjutsu through the eyes which can be quite handy if an Uchiha is in a predicament that they cannot use their hands to form seals. They also are heavy users of fire-based ninjutsu with some of the clan being able to use Amaterasu which is a strong fire-based ninjutsu that takes a toll on their eyes in the process."

But he would not be done there as he would sit back down at this point, leaning back in his chair, as he finished with the following: "Hopefully my quick example shows you what Oracles are looking for. I want to know the Sunaku Clan in and out from their abilities to the family and so on and so forth. You may begin, Harupia of the Sunaku Clan. Tell me everything!" And there it was, a basic family history about his clan that hopefully he wouldn't be able to mess up in the process. After all, it was one's own clan and they should know something about it. The more that he knew, the more that Kyuji could digest and add to the records that they already had.

Would would Harupia of the Sunaku Clan show him?

[MFT: 959 Words]

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He couldn't help but feel slightly uneasy as the masked man first looked at him, then covered his masked face with his hand as if pondering the whole situation. It was true he was a bit...brash with some of his word choice. But in spite his mother's teachings he sometimes did allow himself to be slightly less formal than he probably should... he figured it would be best, to be honest rather than to try and play a prime and proper academic. He wasn't even sure if someone like that would be full apricated in the group.Finally, the man spoke...in a language he didn't hear in a while. He couldn't help but smirk just a little bit...guess it was part of the testing. Seemed fair enough,e especially given his explanation.

He took a few moments to focus, clearing his throat before starting to speak "حسنا، أن نكون صادقين جدا لم أكن على علم منكم تسعى أعضاء أكثر ثم يسعون للانضمام لكم ... ولكن أعتقد أنني جريئة بعض الشيء من هذا القبيل، هههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههه، .. أنا لم أتحدث كثيرا منذ تعلم ذلك ... ولكن أعتقد أن لدي فهم جيد من ذلك، وأنا يمكن أن نأمل فقط كلاسيك رونيك سيكون أيضا في متناول يدي ... " clicking his tongue by the end of the sentence. he wasn't quite sure how well it sounded...but there he was, speaking the ancient language...with the perspective of having to learn another version of it soon. And if he knew anything about older languages...he was in for a bumpy ride.
Translation:
"Well, to be quite honest I was not aware of you seeking out members more then they seek to join you...but I guess I am a bit bold like that, heh. Also, apologies if my running is a bit rusty...I haven't spoken it often since learning it...But I do believe I have a good grasp of it. I can only hope Classic Runic will also be within my reach..."

Then a question came...a quite elaborate one. Hmm...almost seemed a bit too perfect for him, given how he tended to drone on when he knew a topic somewhat well. After a bit, he said "A brief history of my clan...that would be somewhat tricky considering our own records tend to be rather scattered...in the beginning, there was no single clan, but many denizens of the desert. Often times created by blood, often time by convincing, masters of various forms of art, fighting styles, elements...but they were all combined by the need to harness the desert, and the sand under their feet. With time, the most prominent members managed to gather followers under three unified banners: Shibata, the warriors, Gedo, the inventors, Odayaka, the beauties. In time, all three were united by one man, Sunaku Naito, who lead them to ally with the village of sand, and against the fight with the ancients. After that we helped in build the foundations for the village, both before, during, and after the mealstrom...and why we couldn't quite replace the Sunahoshi in constraint he maelstrom and suffered a time of internal strife because of that, we didn't allow ourselves to be bogged down by that much. We are an open clan, ready to accept visitors, or people seeking asylum, or seeking the hand of our men and women. The only thing we require is a willingness to seek and master the element of earth, from which our power stems from.

To survive in the desert, you need to be diverse and adapt, and that is the main strength of our clan, other than our innate control of the sand. We are able to model it both as a weapon and as a tool of construction and we strive to combine these abilities with other styles of combat. We may control not only the soil under our feet but the wind blowing around us, breaking down solid stone and using it as our tool. Using the untapped potential of nature around us. Just as the Uchiha need only their eyes, we only need the simplest of moments to shift the ground around us. We're able to rise great walls of the roughest minerals, and spread the desert before us. As long as we have the soil under our feet, we are a force to be rocked with"
He finally paused, taking a deep breath, scratching his head a bit "I hope I didn't sound a bit too excited there, hehe"

Mft, Wc= 636 (709 inclduing runni translation)

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Normally, an Oracle would simply write down the information that one was being given or they observed. But, the descendant of Byakko was an odd one in that he didn't typically write down the information as it was being conveyed to him merely because he had learned how to use some of the basic ANBU techniques through a signed agreement with Akkuma. One of which was Snapshot which he would use after he was done talking with someone to replay the conversation and jot down notes from that. It was not a fool-proof plan obviously, but neither was jotting down notes as one spoke. Simple preferences for different individuals.

It would be a few moments between them both before Harupia cleared his throat and begun to talk. He would attempt to respond to Kyuji in Runic Terran and overall, he didn't do too bad but it was clear that he was rusty and would need some practice to regain more of the language. Something that easily could be resolved by throwing a book down in front of him and telling him to read it, but that would be addressed later. For now, he would allow the man to continue to speak to him back in their common tongue and he would go on a elaborate backstory of his clan with basic information. Nothing too juicy as the real history lesson would come after he was added to the Oracles or they were elsewhere in a more secluded location! Once the man was finished speaking letting some excitement enter as he had spoke, there would be another few moments of silence among them as the descendant of Byakko was digesting all the information that was just given to him. He would probably not recall much of it in a few minutes but that is why we have jutsu right!

In any case when he had taken a breath, he would respond once again. He still had a smile on his face behind the mask, but his body language seemed relaxed as he addressed the man: "Impressive, Harupia. Simply impressive. Your clan's history is quite intriguing and I would love to hear more of it at a later date as I know there is a lot that you probably did not include due to us being strangers and the setting of this meeting. However if you become an Oracle, I would love to sit down with you and mention the finer details for only the Oracles' eyes to see. The public will get an edited version of our work as they always do since there is some information that is best kept from the public unless an emergency calls for it. In addition, your Runic Terran is a little rusty but that is expected since you are not used to using it as often as an Oracle. However, you will definitely want to take one of the books out of the library and practice speaking it as well as writing it. We will get to the formal version after you have a better grasp on the common version since it builds on itself."

He would then give a brief pause putting up a finger to let the Sunaku know that he wasn't finished. After giving himself a few seconds to breath and think, he would continue: "Let's continue on with the trials set forth for you to become an Oracle. I am going to ask you some questions now that I would you to honestly and truthfully answer. There is no right or wrong answer to them technically." "Say I want to obtain information about something like a sandworm since there is no information in the library. What are some ways that I could potentially gather information about it? My other question at this moment is do you believe that the most important part of being an Oracle is obtaining information and adding it to our library for ourselves and the public or do you think there is something else?"

[MFT: 668 Words]

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hm...seeme this particular oracle was quite the pondering one...I guess it balanced with his own chattiness. It was a bit of an abridged version, though probably there could be parts he knew the public didn't... definitely so. He wondered just how open they would demand he be...though to be fair, he couldn't hide parts of him for eternity, as much as he'd want. After a few moments, the Oracle finally spoke, and he listened intently. Both Wondering what was the next step, and...still feeling he recognized the voice...though it as a faint recognition, like they only met briefly in the past...

Regardless, after a few moments he spoke up "Well, I would be glad to share some stories not included in the libraries already. Though you might reign me in at times...I tend to get slightly carried away discarding things on occasion, heh. And I do know of the Annals of the Conqueror. I was lucky enough for the books blessing to be bestowed on me...though I need to practice the tongue a lot more " he finished scratching his head slightly before adding "So, is there also a tome like it tied to the classical tongue?"

Before the answer to his question, he would receive a few of his own. He did pounder the queries for a few moments...preaty open-ended they were. After some time passed he would say "Well, with sandworm's its a bit more tricky since the most obvious route of going out there to observe them in their natural habitat is...slightly foolhardy. And would probably require an escort of someone knowing more about biology than me. But other then that, it would be best to search within the populous. Other Shinobi who treck outside the village, perhaps some of the nomadic tribes still out there in the desert. They would probably know a thing or two about the deserts deadliest predator. It would probably be good to seek out information in other establishments. Perhaps a traveling merchant from Soon's could have some tomes or scroll with information pertaining to whatever we are trying to broaden our knowledge about...

As for the other question... well, it will be hard for me to say without knowing what exactly is already in the archives. I guess one may argue that, if the rumored vaults of artifacts are true as well, our focus should be on finding those which may help our village...especially given just how tumultuous the times are. I could imagine some people from the outside see us as snobs faffing about in their books while the outside world is falling apart... but if anything, the Cabal attacked showed we knew too little. And not about some grand past of the land, but smaller things. The conflicts within the land, the grudges big and small formed over the years. What I'm trying to say is... knowledge is a powerful tool, which sometimes may not be apparent at first glance. Heck, for all my love of the jutsu arts and arts in general, I have to say I have been somewhat dismissive of academics as well. And then, when the Cabal struck, I was left dumbfounded: how could that have happened".

As he spoke it was getting somewhat clear the topic was a sore wound in his soul, his voice stronger and seemingly aggravated...before he calmed himself to finish "So I tried to search for answers, and for ways to not let it happen before. And I would say, I became a bit stronger because of it. So I would say that should be what the Oracles stand for: Showing that seeking knowledge is not a trivial pass time, but something that can empower you, and something more people should be paying attention to. And getting to be the vanguard which will seek out the knowledge other wouldn't be capable to... seems like a good way of making up for lost time" he finished, smiling a bit wider towards the Oracle. It was a bit of a shaky smile, like someone who perhaps still had some doubts about his goals.. but in his eyes, one could see he was determined to push through and put the doubts aside.

Mft, Wc= 720

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Man, it had been a long time since these two spoke last and they still could be seen as notorious talkers as they both loved to run their mouths when they talked. It almost was like one was getting a waterfall of words thrown at them when either of them responded, but that was just how the two men were designed it seemed. There was nothing wrong with it, but it was something that the descendant of Byakko simply observed. He also was smirking behind his mask because Harupia had no idea that it was him still; he would have laughed but that might have revealed his identity. All the Sunaku Clansman had to do if he truly wanted to know who was behind the mask was to pull the mask or the hood down and things would've been clear as day, but that would make Kyuji have to respond accordingly. In any case, he would listen and listen and listen until his counterpart was finished responding and giving his input on everything.

After a moment of silence, he would begin to speak once again. They were fortunate that it was still early in the morning so if something would slip from either of them, it would not have dire consequences to them. But, this time was also good for meetings since it was quiet and nobody would venture over to this part of the village this early unless they needed somewhere quiet to study for the Academy or to get away from everyone else. In any case, Kyuji would begin to respond with the following: "Formal Runic can only be passed to another Oracles through a seal unfortunately. That is why it is so difficult to find other people outside of this Order that know it and can speak it. However, it can be removed by a seal removal technique so you must guard it with your life. If that seal and everything that it contains would ever fall into the wrong hands, this order and more importantly, our village, would be in grave danger as someone would know practically everything that this library contained. Some of which could be exploited to do sinister things that I do not even wish to speak of! That is why, we will give you the seal after you have completed everything else in your trial to becoming an Oracle."

After he spoke, a brief pause would be given before he resumed. When he did respond it was something along the lines of this: "I want you in your spare time to relearn Runic Terran. Most of our village can speak it which might not make it seem like it is all that special. However, it may come in handy if we are dealing with foreigners or are under siege. With the Cabal, Sovereign, Daimyo, and Sora...we can never be too careful. After all, the Cabal and Sovereign have already made their presence felt in our village from all the reports and documents that I have seen. I personally was handed a document by Lord Kazekage last time that we had dinner containing information about the Sovereign, but I wonder just how much of that is still true since life got in my way and I never truly got time to read it over." It seemed like a reasonable request to him towards a potential new recruit and fellow Sunan. After all, they had this tongue that nobody that was a foreign was capable of learning or they would struggle to do so it was not a bad idea to learn it, relearn it, and try to master it. By no mean was Kyuji a professional speaker of it, but he was able to handle himself if he had to in a conversation.

Another pause and then he would continue to speak. It seemed that their responses never ended, but that was okay because he was enjoying himself entirely. He was honestly impressed with Harupia's response regarding how to get information on a sandworm since the man hadn't shown the descendant too much logical thinking when they initially met, but the times were different and maybe he had grown up a little more! In any case, Kyuji said something along the following: "Regarding your answer to my first question, it is sufficient. You are correct in thinking that studying a sandworm up close would be likely a suicidal thought, but you and I both decided to fight against that legendary creature known as Barynx long ago. We managed to survive that ordeal with the help of our fellow Sunans and some foreigners as well. I personally was worried that we were going to die but we did not and we can thank the spirits above for that. You got the point that I was trying to make however that there are many options to obtain information that do not require putting one's life in danger. However, danger every now and then is exciting to me."

Then, he got to the man's final point of response was a reasonable and respectable one at that, but not entirely what he was thinking when he asked the question. But, he wasn't going to get bent out of shape because of it or scorn Harupia for simply responding as he saw fit. Instead, he would merely respond with a shrug of his shoulders and then a little bit of dialogue that went something like this: "As for your response to my second question, that is not entirely what I was trying to hint at, but it was an acceptable answer. I was asking along the lines if you think that obtaining information and knowledge is the most important thing that an Oracle should be doing regardless of the circumstances of obtaining it. For example, would it be right to break into someone's home to find hidden documents that we could add to our records or kidnapping someone and beating information out of them? The answer is no. While information and knowledge are vital to our Order and life, we do have morals and ethics that we also live by. If an Oracle is ever engaging in something like that, we are in terrible trouble as an Order. So, the lesson here is we love to have information but try to obtain it legally unless otherwise told."

He would then crack his neck a little bit between his brief pause and finish with this: "Do you have any questions for me right now? If not, I would like to proceed with your trial." There it was, time for the floor to be open to Harupia once again and hopefully he was prepared to dish out some questions or ready to move on. His trial was going well so far, but he still had a lot to learn. Luckily, he had a good sensei to teach him the ways of being an Oracle!

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, one thing seemed certain, the Oracle examining him was a good listener. Which he could assume had to be part of the job. After all, he guessed they would encounter issues in there not being a written record of a certain event and needing to really on spoken word, or just simply investigating in search of something required a lot of listening. That or he was adapt to the art of sleeping under the mask. He hoped it wasn't the latter. Didn't seem like it once he started responding.

First, he answered his query about the Formal Runic language. A seal hmm? It might have seemed simple, someone just bestowing the art of a language by a simple act... but if one understood at least a bit about sealing, the very fact someone as able to create a seal capable of conveying an entire language into someone's mind had to be an impressive feat. Maybe not as physically impressive as storing an arsenal in a scroll...but storing years of knowledge and education on someone body was on another level itself. Though it came with its own set of risks, namely being much more easy to steal. He nodded at the notion of the huge risk of it falling into the wrong hands as he said "Understood. I would assume learning it by heart without the seal may be a challenging task in general? Relying on the seal can be a risk...then again, who knows if there aren't Shinobis who would be able to steal the knowledge out of your mind as well... we are living in quite the crazy world..." he mused half to himself.

It seemed linguistics was quite an important part of the order, the oracle mentioning that he should try to relearn running. At this point, he felt honing his knowledge seemed like a more fitting request but he would say "Of course. I will make sure to know it as best as I can... with how many regain threats seem to come our way, any edge we can receive will be helpful" thinking about the Daiymo and his forces was not something he wanted to focus on for the moment. They would have to be dealt with eventually... they would need to be prepared regardless.

He was glad to hear that his last answers were accepted as well...though one part of what he was saying caught his attention. The fight with the revived Barynx... the oracle was also there. So that narrowed down the possible number of people behind the mask quite a bit. Even if he didn't quite see all of the participants. haru leaned in a bit closer to listen to the man...both to his words, and now, even more intently, to his voice...

He was a bit taken aback by the explanation of the second query, but he could understand he kind of overshoot the next question "I guess I went a bit...grandiose with the other question. But I get what you meant now. That's the tricky thing, isn't it? Not just with Oracles, but with us Shinobi in general. I can only assume you had to take part in actions in your career which were probably unsavory at some point. And I could fully imagine us getting a chance to steal important documents from the Damiyo or the sovereign, or perhaps getting one of their members in our hands. But I get what you saying. Those are orders, tasks we must do. But pushing the boundaries to gain information on your own accord and benefit, to the detriment of others who are not a threat to you is something we don't want to partake in..." he finished with a nod. Though he himself might have...bent the law ever so slightly when on his own search, though it was never outright theft or anything violent. As bad a reputation as Shinobi could have, they were better the common thugs...and not only because of firepower.

After a moment he would say "I can't think of any question right now...at least not ones I would imagine you would be willing to share the information about with an initiate like me. I can only assume any punishment for disobeying the rules of the order is something I would learn in time? Regardless, I think I'd be ready to move on with the trial" he would conclude. He had a few questions now about the man identified as well given the comment about the fight with the sandworm...but he felt that would need to wait as well

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If there was one thing about the two of them at this table, it was the fact that they were both being polite and respectful to one another which you didn't see often nowadays in the village due to the sheer fact that everyone was on edge like due to foreign entities and convicts that were taking over the streets and causing havoc along their way of destruction. It was true that the descendant of Byakko had only ever encountered one likely individual that was a part of the Cabal or Sovereign who went by the name of Fuu, but that was only due to him being called by two of the Sennin of their village due to his vast knowledge of medical techniques. In some aspects, he was a little irritated with himself that he had been chasing the tails of the Aikayume ex-priestess for so long and had neglected to helping his fellow villagers, especially the ANBU, with handling the Cabal and the Sovereign when they were at large in the village. But, that was the past and there was unfortunately nothing that he could do now about it which might have been part of the reason that he had joined the Oracles in the first place? After all, he couldn't change the past but he could learn from it through different words of mouth and stories along with his own. Yeah, that was likely the reason for joining the Oracles, but that truly didn't matter now as he had someone in front of him who wanted to join as well and it was best to focus on Harupia than reflecting on the past even more than he already did.

He would listen to the man, who formerly had a beard last time they met, respond to him and go on a tangent of sorts as he spoke about going off a bit. Of course, he couldn't see anything due to a mask but Kyuji was smiling behind it because the man reminded him of himself going on long-winded spiels and often getting side-tracked as he did. He honestly wanted to take the mask off and look at him truly eye to eye, but he was on duty and there was a time and place for everything, this was not that time. Every single word would be listened to, but a lot of it was simply a response that did not need any answer of its own thus the descendant of Byakko kept his little mouth silent and would only stir once little Harupia was done talking and letting his opinions and thoughts radiate through his words in a response.

As he stirred, he would scratch the top of his head because he just had an itch before responding to the man with something along the following lines: "You are absolutely correct that there are punishments for disobeying or breaking the rules, but you are too new to learn them right now. After all, you still have to pass my trial for you before you are actually an Oracle. But, I am not going to make it overly complicated for you because there is no reason to do that unless you had a track record which you did not. All I can hope though if you are successful is that you take care of yourself and get yourself checked out if something begins to negatively impact you like fatigue, anger, etc." His words were more or less an indirect comment in reference to meeting the man in the past with the conjoined twins at his side as they evaluated Harupia as he tried to be all cool and collected. That demeanor however had set off the twins and also had the descendant and medical chief slightly annoyed at him for being so careless about his health and the well-being on his village after handling a creature like Barynx. But before he could reflect too much, he stopped himself and would give himself a moment to breath and regather himself.

Once he did regather himself, he would finish responding to his friend and fellow Sunan with the following: جيد جدا، هاروبيا. دعونا نواصل المحاكمة الخاصة بك وأعتقد أن هذه المهمة ستكون سهلة بالنسبة لك القيام به، وسوف أيضا إشراك كيف تناسبك حاليا لتصبح أوراكل والانضمام إلينا. أود منك أن تكتب محتويات حادثة بارنكس وتقدم لي في رونيك" أرض كما أتحدث. سنستمر في المحاكمة بعد أن تكتب كل ما تستطيع عن تلك الدودة القندسية الأسطورية وسنواصل الحديث بهذه اللغة حتى يتم تحذيرك. ومن الممارسات الجيدة بالنسبة لنا على حد سواء أوراكل ونأمل أن يكون قريبا ليكون واحدا." Hopefully, Harupia understood the majority of that and would be able to give a compotent answer in response in writing and vocal as they continued along. He understood that this man was going to have some pronuciation and correct usage of words in their village's native tongue, but it was better to make mistakes now and learn from them instead of putting it off and then embarrassing himself in front of everyone in the Order.

[OOC Translation: Very well, Harupia. Let's continue your trial and I believe this task will be an easy one for you to do and also will engage how suited you are currently to becoming an Oracle and joining us. I would like you to write down the contents of the Barynx incident and present it to me in Runic Terran as I am speaking. We will continue the trial after you write down everything that you can about that legendary sandworm and we will continue to talk in this language so you are forewarned. It is good practice for us both as an Oracle and hopefully a soon-to-be one.]

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, if he learned one thing about the man or women sitting before him, is that he had a lot of patients for tangents. Though it did seem he wasn't averse to talking a lot himself if need be. Then again he was an examiner, so he had to prod at him from every angle to make sure he would be a right fit for the order. His question was on the somewhat obvious sided, but it did let him gauge how open to outsiders the order was in terms of internal regulations. He did appreciate the promise of not making things too complicated, though it was always a gamble to see how well that would go. Whatever examination might come could be considered minor by their standards.

Sooner then later the next challenge was presented before him... One both simple and hard. The hard part being that the passage of time from said event...though he could only assume that was part of the exam. After all, you never knew just how long you would need to wait until a possibility to put down what you have seen on record would show up. He did hesitate for a few moments, taking a pen to his hand and hovering over the paper offered to him...before he started to write down. His style of writing somewhat neat, though clearly, he wasn't quite used to the language...he did have to cross out a few words here and there to avoid Obvious mistakes.

After it was all said and done, he would take a deep breath before starting to speak "سأعتذر مقدمًا إذا كان الرقم القياسي أكثر قليلا مما هو متوقع. يمكنني فقط أن أقول في دفاعي أنه عندما بدأت المعركة مع دودة الرمل التي أعيد إحياءها ، كنت ما زلت بعيدة عن قريتنا. عدة أيام ، السفر بشكل عام لما كان عليه بضعة أشهر في ذلك الوقت ، كنت أتوق إلى المنزل ... لذا يمكنك أن تتخيل دهشتي عندما رأيت ما يحدث بالفعل. شاركت البوابات والعديد من شينوبي في القتال ، وعلى الرغم من ضجرتي ، فقد قمت بمساعدتي ، وكانت معركة الملحمة ، حيث قاد كاشيكاج سوسوكي التهمة إلى جانب تورانو كورو والرجل الذي تعلمته هو أنبو سينين ، سان روكو الحالية. كان هناك أيضاً العديد من الوجوه التي لم أتعرف عليها عندما جئت إلى المعركة ، على الرغم من أنني أعلم أن أحدهم كان الطبيب سينين ، أكوجين من عشيرة بياكو ، وبحلول الوقت الذي كنت فيه هناك أصيب الوحش ولكنه لا يزال يقاتل. قد أطلقت عليه بكل قوتنا المشتركة ، بعض ال تمكن النينجا من تحديد نقطة ضعف في جسمه ، حيث كانت بعض الموازين تنحني بطريقة تتعرض لجسدها. أدى ذلك والضعف الوحشي إلى الماء إلى الشعور النهائي الأفضل. على الرغم من أنها ستظهر فقط في بداية القضايا.

كما تعلمون ربما كان الوحش الضخم أيضا مجموعة من الإلتهابات القاتلة المحتملين. كان هناك أيضا مسألة أن الدودة الرملية العظيمة من قبل جميع المعارف المشتركة لا ينبغي أن يكون على قيد الحياة ، وبالتالي فإن الناس يشتبهون نينجوتسو نويل في اللعب. بقيت بعد المعركة تماما ، ولاحظت ما حدث ، وما زلت غير متأكد من نفسي في الكشف عن رصيدي ... رغم أنني متأكد من أن سوسوكي سان عرفتني. وبسبب قلة من مجموعة شينوبي التي تم جمعها لتسبب المهمة في رؤية مصدر دودة رملية كبيرة متناسخة ، كنت قد تراجعت إلى القرية لفحص نفسي في المرفق الطبي ، حيث التقيت مع قطة سان سان مرة أخرى لإجراء فحص طبي.

مرة أخرى ، أعتذر عن سرد غير مفصل للمعركة ، ولكن كشخص ينضم إلى منتصف الحرية ، مع مدى شدة المعركة ، بدا وكأنه مجرد طمس. إتقان العناصر ، النار ، الماء ، الصلب كازيكاجيس ، رمل بلدي ، كلها مجتمعة في قطع العدو الضخم. شينوبي من لافتات مختلفة تعمل تحت هدف واحد ... كانت ملهمة إلى حد ما إذا فكرت في الأمر. إذا كانت مثل هذه التحالفات فقط يمكن أن تستمر لفترة أطول ... الجزء الأخير لم أقم بالكتابة ، فقط أفكاري الخاصة ... إيكهم ، للعودة إلى الصحيفة.كما كان الوضع رهيبا هو عرض شينوبي كان هناك رائعة جدا . ومع المزيد من الوقت ، وربما بعض المساعدة مع أولئك الذين كانوا هناك ، تمكنت من إعداد حساب أكثر تفصيلاً. لدي بعض اللوحات في التقدم من ذلك أيضا ... مم ، ونعم ، هذا لم يكن أيضا في الصحيفة"
he would finally finish with a sheepish smile, as he handed over the paper back to the examiner, awaiting what he would say.
Mft
"I will apologize in advance if the record is a bit more...brief than expected. I can only say in my defense that when the battle with the resureced Barnyx started, I was still ways away from our village. Tracking the desert for several days, traveling in general for what was a few months at the time. I was quite eager to be home...so you can imagine my surprise when I actually saw what was going on. The legendary Sandworm rampagin right outside out village gates and several Shinobi engaged in combat. Despite my weariness, I charged in to help. It was quite the epic Battle, with Kazekage Sosuke leading the charge along side Toranao Kuro and the man who I learned is the current Anbu Sennin, Roku-san. There were also many faces which I did not recognize when I came to the fray, though I do know one of them was the Medic Senin, Akujin of the Byakko clan. By the time I was there the beast was wounded but still fighting. We had fired at it with all our combined might, some of the Shinobi managing to pinpoint a weakness on his body, some scales being bent in a way which exposed its flesh. That and the beast weakness to water led us to finally feeling the best. Though it would turn out to be only the beginning of the issues.

As you probably know the massive beast was also a host of a potentialy deadly deises. There was also the issue that Barnyx by all common knowledge should not have been alive, so the people they suspected foul ninjutsu at play. I remained quite after the battle, observing the ongoings, still to...unsure of myself to reveal my retrun...though I am certain Sosuke-san did recognize me. As few of the gathered Shinobi went to cause the task to see the source of the reincarnated Barnyx, I had retreated to the village to get myself checked in the medical facility, where I met with Byakko-san once again for a checkup.

Again, I apologize for the not detailed recounting of the battle, but as someone who joins mid free, with how intense the battle was, it almost seemed like a Blur. Mastery of the elements, fire, water, the Kazekages steel, my own sand, all combined into felling the massive foe. Shinobi from different banners running under one goal...it was somewhat inspirational if you think about it. If only such alliances could laster longer...The last part I did not add in writing, just my own thoughts...Ekhem, to return to the paper.As dire as the situation was the display of the Shinobi there was quite magnificent. And with more time and perhaps some assistance with those who were there I would manage to prepare a more detail account. I have some paintings in progress of it as well...erm, and yes, that was also not in the paper

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting there, the descendant of Byakko would gloss over the paper that was slid back to him as he listened to his quirky, but old friend, Harupia talk about the account orally. For the most part, the majority of his story was accurate. Of course, the actual event was so far removed from many peoples' memories that it was somewhat unfair to even question someone on that day especially for having them join an elite club like the Orales. But, knowledge was power and remembering events from long ago that occurred to one's person was something that definitely needed to be accomplished as an Oracle. His vocal and written explanation of what occurred, while not perfect, was sufficient enough to move him along on becoming a member of this organization. But, there was a few things left to do before he could obtain one of these masks and officially be added to their ranks.

Before they would continue though, Kyuji would nod at him and simply say the following: "Very good explanation on what occurred. A little bit of it is incorrect though like stating that we have a Medical Sennin or the fact that you associated Byakko Kyuji's real name with his surname. If he was around, he likely would have a spazz attack at you for using his birth name as he is trying to forget about that part of his life even though, it has to be quite difficult for him with what he went through. In any case, you definitely should ask the others that were there about Barynx and give me an updated account of what occurred. I ask you of this because I remember a dozen or so shinobi fighting that creature and then there was some after-effects for people who had been bit by it. There is also the account of other individuals in our village getting infected by various entities that appeared to be zombie-like creatures. Of course, I could write this myself because I haven't had the opportunity so that is why I am asking you to do so." It was obvious that the Byakko family member could have easily written up something in regards to this since he was helping out in the infirmary afterwards and also on the battlefield, but recording everything himself would not allow anyone new to the organization the opportunity to show themselves.

After a moment, he would continue to speak: "Give me a more detailed explanation of the accounts of that event and master Runic Terran. If you do those two things for me, I will be willing to teach you Formal Runic Terran and consider you a part of this exclusive group. Is that a fair enough exchange for you, Sunaku Harupia? If so, shake my hand so we have an agreement." He would extend his arm in front of him and wait to see what this quirky man would do.
OOC:
  • Short post is short.
  • Apologies for wait.
  • MFT: 487 Words

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru waited patiently as his written account was being evaluated. Slightly fidgeting his fingers as he waited. Having an extended conversation was one thing but this was reminding him a bit of the old Academy days...he was a bit scatterbrained back in the day, so his written assignments weren't always the greatest. Though one could argue this was an academic interview of sorts...at least the Oracles ruck him as a sort of scholarly vocation in the grand scheme of Shinobi careers, even compared to the other orders. Perhaps that was part of the allure, a way to give back to the villager in a less...violate way.

After some time passed his examiner spoke again. Pointing out the mistakes he has made in the account. Some of which were honest mistakes as he said "Hmm...I could have sworn he mentioned being the Sennin...though I was somewhat exhausted by that point. And I honestly did not know about his past and him wanting to distance himself from it. I just hope whatever caused him to feel that way doesn't hunt him still. And you are right, asking other people about their recollection of the event is something that could be quite useful. Though I am fairly certain some of them were not from our village, so getting a hold of them may be...somewhat tricky. Sounds like an interesting challenge for sure" he chuckled before continuing "I did hear about that... the things that cause this state, their still out there some say... who knows how much could be festering in the further corners of the village...though it'll probably take a lot of investigation to try and find just where they might be nested..." He knew such types of devices liked to fester in the less fortunate parts of a country...and the Grand Palais did not need more misfortune cast on it.

He raised a brow as the examiner spoke, offering him what seemed to be the final examination and a handshake.He blinked a few times before saying "That does sound like a fair deal indeed... But I just want to be sure, you want me to go more in-depth about the fight with barynx, or about the details regarding the aftermath of the battle and the fate of those who were infected? I would gladly shake your hand right now...but I just want to be absolutely sure what is expected of me" he said with a sheepish tone, scratching the back of his head. He simply wasn't quite sure which par to focus on...either way he'd need to do some deep thinking to try and recollect those parts...

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With his arm extended, he thought the task that he had given to this man had been a relatively simple task to do. However like many things in life, it must have been a little bit too vague for the man as he would ask the descendant of Byakko to clarify exactly what he wanted him to do. It was a simple, easy clarification that he would need to give to the Sunaku clansman, but if the situation had been different and he was the teacher while Harupia had been the student, the situation would obviously be handled in a different method than the one that he would be about to do. Without much time to even think through anything in response to the man's inquiry, the descendant would speak the following: "I apologize for the confusion in what I wanted you to do, Harupia. The first task that I want you to do is master Runic Terran and be able to speak it as fluently as you can do within a week's time from now. The other task that I want you to do is tell me about the incident and everything surrounding it meaning what you witnessed when you fought it, the aftermath that you saw stemming from the creature, how the village handled of the remains, and the fate of the infected to name a few things. You may be as detailed or vague on the information as you please, but you need to remember that this information spoken orally or written will be used to decide if you are worthy of becoming an Oracle. Prove to me that you can learn the native language and give me a detailed account of Barynx and everything surrounding him. If you do these two things, I will teach you the formal version of our language." It was only after he spoke this that he would extend his hand outward again and allow the man to decide if he wanted to agree to the terms or not. If he shook, the descendant would sit down immediately after their shake and proceed to them him the following: "You have a week from today to prepare yourself. Study hard and don't give up, you can do this if you set your mind to it, Harupia."

Regardless of shaking or not, the cloaked Oracle would give a simple nod to the man and proceed to leave a few minutes later allowing the man a chance to gather his own thoughts and begin his "vigorous" training if that was what he chose. Of course, the Sunaku could also stop him if he needed more information before "scurrying" away since Kyuji was not necessarily the quickest individual to disappear from a scene when something occurred. In any case, the ball was in his friend's court and he had to decide if he wanted to run the time out or if he wanted to make a play with the ball.
OOC:
  • MFT: 494
  • Topic not left! I am allowing you to write out what Harupia does if he chooses to train and what not with the tasks assigned to him.
  • If he chooses to do the task, he would be left alone in the Library for the week or less that he needed to do his business.
  • Kyuji will resurface in my next post, but you can use your post to do whatever you need to do.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru listened to the man behind the mask speak once again, listening quite attentively. He remained silent for the most part, accepting the handshake with a firm grip but staying in his place as the Oracle moved away. He sat there for a brief few minutes, making sure the man was not within earshot or sight, before slumping back on his chair, letting out a large groan "So my future in a somewhat secretive order...depends on an essay. And here I thought I managed to leave the academy long behind me" he whined in self-pity before letting out a chuckle. It did make sense, of course, that was indeed part of their job. He was just imagining the more he assumed daring parts of it...searching for lost artifacts, learning the secrets of Sunan past...though recording the more contemporary events was probably just as key.

And there was the second element to this task. While the properties of the book he had in his hands had managed to bestow upon him the language on a level to understand and speak it, he was far from fluent. And he assumed the formal version would require extensive knowledge of the basic form. Would he be able to grasp it in a week? Well, he learned the basic's in a day. How hard could it be?

Quite. He had learned as much during the week that passed. every night spent in the library, accessing the annals of war, as well as the others tomes and scroll the village libraries had on offer. Apparently, holding the annals longer didn't impart more knowledge automatically...at least not instantaneously. He at least knew the basic rules and structures and was able to read the annuals quite freely. Though some passages, as well as other texts, seemed a lot more dense, opaque, cryptic. And well, given it was in part a secret language, there was little to none actual material meant for learning. So it was a lot of repetition, reading out load, memorizing. He did manage to find quite a bit about sandworms. That did come in handy with his other part of the course.

Haru was a Jounin and Teacher in the academy, which opened a lot of doors but not all of them. More detailed records as to who exactly took part in the fight against the resurrected Barnyx, the direct damages, and victims, and the effects of the disease lingering within its rotten corpse. He did gather what he could, but in seeking more information he went out to the people. Those living near the gates, who had seen the ensuing battle, or its aftermath, who end up in the hospital after it. Just trying to squeeze out the unofficial record of an event long past and which people probably wanted to forget, the sooner the better. But he did find a few people to converse with, and it was an interesting time, is a bit disorganized with the information he received...and perhaps his growing exhibition from staying up late in the library with the Terran Runic volumes.

A week of gathering information, learning a language, and trying to write up a detailed account of events her quite frankly joined in quite late too. IN the end, where he was sitting in the same place, looking somewhat like a zombie, waiting for the meeting to occur. At least tone things were good, he had an option of not writing it out. Would his tongue not fail him? He'd have to see.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A week from their initial meeting had passed and the descendant of Lord Byakko was making his way to the Library yet again after receiving word that Sunaku Harupia was there in the same location as their prior meeting. According to numerous members of the village, the man had been going to the Library quite often over the past week and staying for long periods of time likely to study up and master the art of their village's native tongue according to the descendant's mind. Obviously, he could not be entirely sure if that was truly what his friend had been doing over the last week, but it was a good assumption considering the "missions" that he had been given by Kyuji required a lot of time and effort to be utilized to maximize the end results and ultimately show that one was ready to join the ranks of the Oracles. Nevertheless, other individuals had reported that this man of the Sunaku heritage did not appear to be looking too well which was the main reason for the medical chief of the village heading to the library today considering he took his job quite seriously and never received any letter or messenger that had informed him that Harupia wished to meet again.

The journey to the Oracle's Library would not take too long after Kyuji carefully dressed himself in darken robes and placed his mask back on his face. While he was heading over this way to simply evaluate Harupia's condition and ensure that the man was not dead or dying as he sat there, he needed to be carefully to not reveal his true identity to the man until he either passed out or became a member of the Oracles. Upon arrival, he would head up directly to the table that had his friend sitting there and sit on the other side studying the man's body language and analyzing the physical attributes of the man. At first, he appeared to be paler than usual and his eyes seemed to glaze a little bit possibly due to exhaustion or sleep deprivation over the past week. Nevertheless, the medic would look at the man behind his mask and simply say: "لذا ، قررت أن تظهر اليوم. كيف حالك يا سوناكو هاروبيا؟ هل أنت مستعد لشرح لي ما تعرفه عن حادثة Barynx التي ابتليت بها قريتنا أو هل تحتاج إلى أخذ غفوة سريعة أولاً؟"

If the man on the opposite side of the table could say anything about Byakko Kyuji, if he knew it was him, it was the descendant was certainly a caring individual and was willing to give the man a chance to gather his thoughts and to rest up before proceeding with their meeting from before. After all, this was a test that the Sunaku individual from their village had to pass in order to become an Oracle and he needed to be satisfactory for Kyuji to even teach him the more formal version of the language. It should be considered a big step in the life of the man who fought beside Kyuji in the Baryx incident and helped protect their village from the chaos that the ancient, reanimated sandworm would have caused if it was allowed to continue on its path of destruction.
OOC:
  • Sorry for the wait!
  • Translation: "So, you decided to show up today. How are you feeling, Sunaku Harupia? Are you ready to explain to me what you know about the Barynx incident that plagued our village or do you need to take a quick nap first?"
  • MFT: 546 Words
  • Let's continue the fun ^^

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ngh...maybe he should have grabbed a coffee...or like, a dozen. Than again coffee didn't really affect him that much...if anything it made him more sleepy. Guess he did like it with milk... Maybe some Red Drake? Bah...energy drinks were weird...made him feel all jittery and unfocused...and the mission prepared drinks weren't that cheap to buy either...

He was pulled out of his mumbling daze as he heard the tongue he was reading for the past week. Sitting straight up, his eyes wide as he saw the familiar masked figure sitting before him. Without hesitation, he almost shouted out "النوم للأسبوع! .. وأنا أشعر ... ضعيف جداً في الوقت المحدد ... لكنني مستعد لاستكمال المهمة إلى أقصى حد ممكن!". And after a bit of a breather, he began.

He started similarly as he did before, about how he had just reached the edge of the desert and was able to see his village on the Horizon...after a year of absence, he was finally home, only to see the massive frame of the Sandworm appear. He talked about the Mad dash to join the fight alongside the whole group of other Shionib, those from home, those who were mercenaries, visitors from the cloud. A display of unity against a foe much greater than anything they could imagine. Something he wished could happen a bit more often. He recalled the reckless searing flames of a red-haired warrior, a man commanding an army of seemingly revived bodies, which could be related to the art of the Dark Sages, something he tried to look into after facing someone similar during the Cabal invasion, but meeting hurdles when trying to research the forbidden arts. A girl with Crimson hair, seemingly regurgitating blood at the massive sandworm, who needed up wounded quite severely after the fight, but from what he could gather recovered and was slowly returning to health. A man with the crimson eyes of the Uchiha. TheKazakegae and Torana Kuro, aiding in the fight with the mixture of cunning and bravery. Surprisingly there were a different Sunaku at the scene, though he was apparently from a different land, he wished he could meet him before he left. A young Sunan lad who also used flames quite recklessly, and the man they would soon come to know as the Sennin of the Anbu, Roku. A member oft he Byakko clan, who he would later meet as he went to the hospital to be checked up after the battle. Finally, women of the Leaf vilalge, making luscious trees grow and using them as a weapon, and one more Shinobi using a slew of different elements against the massive wyrm.

He tried to describe best he could how they all coordinate their attacks, going all out on the best to big to miss, and the battle raging on well before he reached the destination. The blows struck but were bouncing off the massive scales of the ancient worm, but hey could see openings they could focus on. They slowly stripped away the massive plates to reveal to not flesh underneath to unload their attacks on. And after the continues salvo the beast was felled...but not without cost. The plague within its body was threatening to spill out, and work had to b e done to contain it. He mentioned the story of Barnyx and the red plague, the wars associated with it. How they taught the wyrm was dead and used its bones as means to enter back and fourth the underground village, but how it was raised by forbidden arts, and the ensuing quest to ensure it would remain dead, with Kuro sealing its flesh and bones for repurposing. A quest he did not partake in sadly, but which managed to seal the heart successfully before a major spread of the disease.

Though it was not complete, as there was some hot best of the plague. Some of which he assisted in locating and routing out to the best of his abilities. It was a trying time, many civilians casting the blame on the Shinobi for the state of affairs, or being aggravated by the men of quarantine and disinfection, needing to completely close creating dwellings before progress could be reached. The general opinion was torn on the subject, some blaming the Sunan Shinobi for the whole affair or not doing something sooner, other noting how int he fact of this sudden revival of an ancient evil, the reaction was as swift and decisive as it possibly could be. It was also a catalyst of sorts to begun reconstruction works of the ground village, which also di start the difficult process of relocating from the underground.

The makeshift Toranao camp and Sunan Hospital did well to steam the plague and to tend to the wounded during the fight. They have managed to keep the wyrm away so there were little civilian casualties. The bones and flesh were being studied and works were being put in to shape it into armor and weaponry for future use.

Haru went into as much detail as he could, trying to discern what was known of the Shinobi fighting in the battle, how the fight looked from relations of bystanders, the process of cleansing the hotbeds of the plague and how it inclined the relocation. All done in smooth, fluent Runic Terran. There was still ticks and awkward phrasing, but it was more on the level of a fluent speaker who just couldn't get rid of some habits of the old tongue. Allow as said with little pause or breath, Harupaiseemignly carrying himself once the moment of his Research. After all of it, he took a deep breath, pausing with a blank stare before concluding " ولا داعي للقلق ، يجب أن أكون بخير في الوقت الحالي ... على الرغم من أن إلينوي ربما تكون قد خرجت من البرد لمدة يومين بعد أن انتهينا منها هنا "

OOC:
MFT

Runnic Terran Transaltions:
""Sleep is for the Week!.. And I do feel...quite weak at the given time...but I am ready to complete the task to the best of my ability!""

"well, what do you think? And dont worry, I should be fine for now...though Ill probably be knocked out cold for two days after were done here"

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Within moments of sitting, the sleep-deprived Sunaku of the same village as the Oracle would spring into action and recall the stories and tales of the fight against the legendary, undead version of Barynx and the aftermath that the creature had caused to many people in the village that had come into direct contact with the creature in the form of a dangerous disease that could kill someone within hours of being infected. In all, the story was checking out to the descendant of Byakko considering he was also an individual who was fighting against this creature to protect their village and had also assisted his brother with the makeshift medical center that Toraono Kuro crafted up on the fly. Many people had fought that creature on that day long passed and the creature had fallen only after they managed to find a weak spot and exploited it easily; the descendant of Byakko had not done much in the fight which is why he had been so adamant about helping everyone involved after the creature fell and through a lot of demanding and bickering among other medics, they had all managed to heal and restore many of the shinobi involved with much ease if they sought out the medical help.

This individual in front of him had proven to him easily that he was capable of speaking the the tongue of the village and had worked his tail off in the past week or so to perfect this art. It was truly amazing to see a past improvement in someone in such a short time and it also proved to the Byakko descendant that his friend was ready for the next step of becoming an Oracle. The only problem that Kyuji was seeing with the next part was the man's body possibly rejecting the process to instill the formal version of their native tongue that all Oracles were given once they had proven themselves. However, Harupia had come a long way and wanted this badly from the eyes of the white-haired shinobi cloaked in his robes and thus, it would not be right for Kyuji to stop him now since he was already here. Hopefully, things would simply work out for them.

Within a few moments of the Sunaku adult asking him what he thought, Kyuji simply would nod behind his mask and say: "مؤثرة جدا ، Harupia من عشيرة Sunaku. في غضون أسبوع ، تمكنت من تحسين لغتنا الأم وتحدثها بشكل لا تشوبه شائبة. بالطبع ، هناك بعض الأجزاء التي تحتاج إلى عمل ، لكنك أظهرت قلبك وعزمك على أن تصبح أوراكل ، لذا سأسمح لك بالاستمرار خاصة بعد شرح كل شيء يحيط بـ Barynx وعواقبه. ذلك الوغد بالتأكيد لم يجعل الأمور سهلة بالنسبة لنا على الإطلاق ، وأنا متأكد من أن أجزاء من القرية لا تزال تعيد البناء والانتقال من ذلك اليوم المشؤوم." After a moment or two to crack his neck and think once more if Harupia would be able to withstand the next part of becoming an Oracle, the white-haired Oracle would speak once more to the man: "دعونا المضي قدما في الجزء التالي. سأحتاج منك أن تمسك لسانك لي وأن تغمض عينيك. بمجرد أن أنتهي من المهمة التي أحتاج إليها ، ستشعر على الأرجح بإحساس خفيف وشديد على لسانك ، لكني سأشرح لك لماذا تفعل وماذا يعني كل هذا في الوقت المناسب. الآن ، يرجى التمسك لسانك بالنسبة لي ، Harupia من عشيرة Sunaku."

It would simply be a waiting game after somewhat demanding his friend to do what he asked with likely a slight hint of hesitation from the Sunaku. But, he just needed to trust his friend and he would know what this all meant once it was over and done with unless the body reacted negatively to the surprise that it would receive soon and the descendant would have to find an alternative method to completing the next part or repeating the procedure again. Only time would tell, but his old friend at the very least could be very happy with himself for getting this far thus far and being so close to officially becoming an Oracle after a long time coming.
OOC:
  • Translations:
    • 1. Very impressive, Harupia of the Sunaku Clan. In the span of a week, you managed to perfect our native language and speak it almost flawlessly. Of course, there are some parts that need work, but you had shown your heart and determination in becoming an Oracle so I will allow you to continue especially after explaining everything surrounding Barynx and its aftermath. That bastard definitely did not make things easy for us at all and I am sure parts of the village are still rebuilding and moving on from that fateful day.
      2. Let's proceed with the next part. I will need you to stick out your tongue for me and close your eyes. Once I finish the task I need to do, you will likely feel a slight stinging sensation on your tongue, but I will explain to you why you do and what this all means in time. For now, please stick out your tongue for me, Harupia of the Sunaku Clan.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He had waited somewhat anxiously for the final verdict to come...or maybe he was hyping himself up to just stay awake. Though in the end, he did hear the Oracle speak. And it was words of praise. Always nice to hear... especially after a week's worth of non-stop studying. Even he knew himself he made some pretty silly mistakes. But at this point, he was slight to tired to care. After the person spoke he said "نعم ... لكننا بخير. وأنا متأكد من أن Torano-san كان يومًا ميدانيًا يجمع كل العظم والمقاييس من الوحش. لا تعرف أبدًا متى يمكنك استخدام بعض المواد الجيدة ... على الرغم من أنني أتساءل عما إذا كان ارتداء الأشياء من الجلد وقشور الجثة المتحركة السامة هو أفضل فكرة ... " keeping up the language, and going into his out loud musing about a topic that he found curious...usually he was a bit quieter but the exhaustion had him bit loopy.

He was interrupted as he heard the Oracle speak, asking him an ...peculiar request. He raised a brow saying "لا يسعني إلا الشعور بأنك تختبرني عن مدى سرعة إيول تغفو أمامك ... لكن كما تشاء" before he braced himself, closing his eyes and sticking his tongue out. He wasn't sure what to expect... but he waited...Just trying to think as hard as he could about staying awake.

OOC
Terran 1: Yeah...but we're doing fine. And I'm sure Torano-san had a field day with collecting all the bone and scales from the beast. Never know when you can use some good material...though I wonder if wearing things fashioned out of the skin and scales of a toxic animated corpse is the best idea..."

Terran 2: "I can't help but feel that you testing me on how fast Ill fall asleep in front of you...but as you wish"

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back