Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A New Path [Req. Sennin/Interview for AIT]

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Loyalty. It was the single most constant thing in Kurogane Shin live, the very ideal drilled into his mind throughout his youth. His father had made sure above all the lesson that he learned in his life as a shinobi that loyalty to only the village was what mattered. While events may have made Shin father Achimou, jaded to anything but the village, Shin didn’t mind. He was not so foolish to believe that single minded loyalty was what keep the village strong. A man can only do so much only, it is when he becomes part of something, some ideal or some organization, can his true potential be reached. Shin realized that being a chuunin would only get him a few companions that he could trust to have his back in the line of duty, however with his people skills not being the best motivate, he need something with discipline.

It was during this realization that Shin thought of the A.N.B.U. branch, the essentials shadows of the village, protected their fellow shinobi and ensuring that the laws were respected. These were ideals that Shin knew he understand, this branch was in a way loyalty in human form. It’s also select group of individuals that Shin knew, given time he would be able to trust without question. Each of them were fighting for the same idea in one fashion or another, so why shouldn’t he join? This thoughts are what had brought Shin to Torre Celeste as he waited in one of the Conference Rooms in hopes of enlisting.

The young chuunin wasn’t sure how the interview process would go, and while that made him leer of being a situation without a clear knowledge of the factors, he was ready. If he didn’t do this, he would always have thoughts in the back of his head questioning how truly committed he was to his home. So he would waited; hoping that by the end of this meeting he would acquire a new path.

WC: 333
MFT

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nobuyuki entered the conference room with a folder in one hand while a cup filled with some dark and strange looking fluid in the other. He took a quick drink before setting it down on the table along with the folder. Plopping into the chair next to him, he righted himself at the table and flipped open the folder which had several pieces of paper and official looking documents inside. Silence followed as he quickly skimmed over the details...until he eventually spoke.

"So tell me why, Kurogane-san. Why have you decided to pursue a career in the ANBU branch? You have several years of experience in the Main Branch after all, why give up the progress you have made for a new start somewhere else? I'm just looking for the simple honest truth here."

[This will likely be mostly dialogue, so don't feel like you need to post long posts.]

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Matsuura Nobuyuki said:

"So tell me why, Kurogane-san. Why have you decided to pursue a career in the ANBU branch? You have several years of experience in the Main Branch after all, why give up the progress you have made for a new start somewhere else? I'm just looking for the simple honest truth here."

Shin took a moment to collect his thoughts before speaking. It was a simple question to answer, but usually the hardest questions were. But Shin knew why he was here, and allowed the words to flow out.

"I didn't feel as if I could truly help my village by staying within the main branch. Don't get me wrong Nobuyuki-sama, the main branch has done much for the village, but it didn't feel the right fit for me. I wanted to help keep my home safe, without having to be recognized for it. The A.N.B.U are the villages protectors, the ones who ensure that our home remains safe for all matters of threats. It's this drive that made me want to start over in a new branch. The sense of brotherhood that allows me to trust the man or woman beside because we each want what is best for our home. Nobuyuki-sama I feel that this is my chance to do some true good for my home. It doesn't matter that I'm starting as a trainee, it will be worth it in the long haul."

Shin finished, gazing at the man in front of him with respect. He had spoke truthful, something that was rare for him to do in most chances. With people it was easy to put on a mask, but matters with the village were sacred to him.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nobuyuki twirled a pen in his hand while he waited for Shin to start. This was a good sign that the young man wasn't rushing into this decision without thinking. Once his answer began, so did Nobuyuki's hand start writing. He wasn't writing anything of import, just small notes about what Shin was saying to help remind me what he would be asking of him next. He nodded along as the boy spoke until he finally finished explaining himself. In the seconds to follow, the Sennin looked at his notes and formulated some more questions for the young man.

"While I believe I understand your motivations, I should inform you of some changes. The ANBU branch does not, and should have never stood as the protectors of the village. We have been specialized by the Raikage's directive to solely fight against shinobi or forces equal to them in power. We are to become what I believe the creators of our village envisioned us to be: Elite Shinobi.

While it would be accurate to seek a home within our branch to show true loyalty; that is, one that does not need the recognition of many, but some might argue you would do more good for the people of the village in the Main Branch. The ANBU are the unseen blade that strikes at the heart of the enemy, while the Main are the true might of the village. We are but a tool to be used in very specialized situations.

I have no doubt you have heard of the rigors and trials ahead of you should you choose this path, but my final question is this. Are you ready to stand steadfast in the face of sure death? When you see your friends from the academy making the retreat, but strategy dictates that you remain with your squad to give the others time to escape, will you remain? Hayata-sama died because cravens stood idle while he was cut down!! I will not have that happen again!!!"
Nobuyuki shouted with force, his fist slamming upon the table. He rapidly draw a kunai from a pouch and held it out before Shin.

"Now tell me, when I tell you to slit your throat for the sake of thousands, will you follow through without hesitation!?!? There is no place in my branch for those who have a mind of their own; who have ANY inkling of treachery hidden in their hearts! You must believe with all your mind and soul that you are already a dead man, and to die in battle would be the greatest honor among men!"

"Answer me now!"
Nobuyuki finished, spitting a bit in this last phrase. He hadn't noticed how close he had gotten to the young boy, who probably assumed an interview wasn't going to end this way. The revelations of Akira's evidence was still playing on his mind heavily.

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin eyes betrayed no hesitation as he stared at Nobuyuki, his hand reaching for the kunai the man held in his palm and placing the weapon on his own throat. Shin eyes betrayed no sense of worry or fear, even as he press the blade slightly enough to cause a bit of blood to drop from his neck. He simply looked at the man in front of with with unwavering conviction.

"Leave the fearing to the living men, Nobuyuki-sama; or the ones who would rather abandon their duty rather than facing it. Elite Shinobi, Tool, or dead man? It changes nothing to me, I'm am a shinobi; the concept of death has no sway over my conviction. My answer will not chance in this moment or in the moment of this bodies death. All men must die, I will not run from that fact or be hesitate in what I must do. I will not be idle in my ways nor cower in the face of it's presence. There are no living men here Nobuyuki-sama, only dead men waitting."

</COLOR>
Drip. Drip. Drip
<i>
</i>

<COLOR color="#0000BF">Shin still held the weapon on his throat, his eyes never leaving the man in front of him. Fear on no control over his actions, even with the cold touch of metal pressed on his on throat, his eyes never changed. He would cut his throat without pause if it was demanded of him. One live fro a thousand? He gave up any claims of on living the moment he put on his headband. While it excessive in his actions with the kunai, he wanted there to be no doubt in Nobuyuki mind about his conviction. Words were cheap, actions are everything.

WC: 284
MFT

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy took the blade from his hand and held it up to his throat; his eyes were unwavering. Nobuyuki didn't blink this entire time. He wanted to be sure that the boys resolve wasn't feigned and would be looking for any tells that would indicate that. The sennin watched the blood ooze from the would and run down his neck. Shin did not flinch. No he proved his conviction through words and actions alike.

Nobuyuki serious face remained as he stood up straight and adjusted his collar. It had gotten ruffled in the heat of his passion. "Remember that for the rest of your career." he began, reaching into one of the folders on the table and pulling something out. "Head to the Sileo and take them this. It should get you inside. You'll get your tattoo, your ANBU gear, and assigned to one of the bunkhouses. You won't be forced to live their forever, but during training all must stay in the Sileo. With the recent changes to the branch, things may seem in flux. But I should have you youngsters in training put to work soon enough." he concluded with a smile that was faintly devious in nature.

"Go now." he ordered while reaching up to his headset to change the frequency and alert the ANBU on guard at the Sileo that Shin was on his way.

[Topic Left]
[ANBU in Training Rank Granted]

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin removed the kunai from his neck, placing the weapon into his pocket as he used his other hand to receive the item that Nobuyuki had given him. He didn't glance at before looking at and the man. He offered a respectful salute before speaking, ignoring the blood that he was leaving on the ground.

"Sir!"

Turning Shin began to leave the room, he wanted to get his equipment as soon as possible. He felt proud of his accomplishment, and while it would be a long while before he would reach the same level in the A.N.B.U. has he had as a chuunin, he welcomed the challenge. As for staying in SIleo, he didn't much mind, he would probably have to make sure his home was locked up for a while. As he continuing walking outside of the Torre Celeste, a small smile found itself on his face. His path had been achieved.

WC: 153
MFT
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back