Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A New Student?! [Kosho] [TUTOR]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei was ready to get out of this meeting. After Nobu's removal from this plane of existence, the council of elders had been a little less annoying, but they still got on her nerves more often than she would like. "Enough! I have other places to be than here listening to you all bicker about the choices I have made for this clan. I suggest you realize that I am a shinobi of Konoha first and foremost. Get over yourselves and understand that this clan is helping this village, whether you like it or not." With a straight back, she walked out of the room and all the way to her office at the Branch office.

She sat at her desk and sorted through the Academy requests to sort them for different teachers and others who could tutor students. She kept going until she came across one from one of her newest students, a young man named Kosho. She was interested in meeting all of the students and decided to start with this one. Hoshirei wrote a note to the young one letting him know a tutor had been found and where to report. She would be teaching him just outside her clan compound.

A few hours later, Hoshirei could be found standing just outside her compound's entrance seemingly talking to the air. "I don't think they would respond well to that, even if you might think they would. This clan is a little more political still than I would like," she listened to the ghost beside her talking about their past as part of a clan council, nodding in agreement at times and interjecting at others. Eventually the ghost went away and she sighed in a relief at not having her ear talked off by the dead. "Ghosts just don't know when to stop talking, do they?" she said, pinching the bridge of her nose and shaking her head slightly.

Kosho

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kosho had been enrolled in classes fairly recently and of the two so-called siblings Yudo-to and Yuki within him, Yuki had been in control most of the classes. But today the pair was invited to attend a tutoring session which peaked Yudo-to’s interest. She wondered what knowledge could be gained from a tutoring session and how much it would differ from the classes in the academy. For whatever reason she was overwhelmingly interested in this tutoring session. This would be Kosho’s first tutoring session as an academy student.

“This is a big day for us onee-sama. Do you think Kosho is watching?” said a voice in cheerful tone echoing in Yudo-to’s head. She seemed to ignore the words without effort as she approached the entrance of a clan compound with a young woman standing outside. “That must be our instructor! Go and introduce us!” Yudo noticed the woman talking seemingly to herself, Yudo could barely make it out but what she could sounded like don’t know when to stop talking. Yuki must’ve been too excited to notice and as Yudo-to approached the woman then looked to be recollecting herself.

Yudo shared the sentiment that she believed she heard from the woman as Yuki was being especially chatty today. Looking around before introducing herself, Yudo noticed she had never been in this area of Konoha many of the buildings donned symbols and Yudo wasn’t sure what they meant or represented. The building that Yudo stood in front of now wore two unique symbols from the others in the area. The symbols gave Yudo a weird feeling she decided to looked away and finally introduce herself, or at least Kosho.

”What is this area and what’s with all the weird symbols on the buildings around here? Also I’m Kosho. I received a note saying a tutor was found for me and to report here.” Kosho wasn’t very educated about the ninja world as a child so naturally Yuki and Yudo weren't either having only been in the academy a short time. Yudo felt this was something she should know at her age, but her curiosity forced her to ask.

WC: 357
TWC: 357/1500

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei heard steps coming toward her and she looked up to see her student. Kosho was rather unassuming though his white hair was certainly distinctive. He came up to introduce himself and asked what this area of the village was. When he was close enough, she noticed his eyes were red that wasn't too different a color when it came to shinobi. She gave the boy a small smile and moved from her place against the wall.

"This area of the village is home to the clans. The compound behind me, in particular, is the Isaki compound. My name is Isaki Hoshirei and this is my clan's home. You are welcome here at any time, whether that is to train or to just get away from everything for a while. For now, we are headed toward the training center. I have a few ideas of what to teach you, though I welcome your input. What is it you feel you need to work on most?"

She moved to stand beside the student and gestured through the entrance. Once he started walking, Hoshirei would move as well, guiding Kosho from his side toward their training compound. The Isaki clan compound was full of life. People were moving like bumble bees in their determination. A number of smaller children were running around being playfully chased by older siblings. The kids looked like a gaggle of geese, staying together for the most part as they ran about. One older boy caught their younger sister and started tickling her. The little girl laughed loudly as she wiggled until her brother let her go. The older boy was then dog piled by rest of the kids.

Hoshirei was proud of her clan. The children were allowed to be much freer now that they lived in Konoha. It did not take long for them to arrive at the training center. The building looked similar to any dojo you would find in a clan compound or even attached to the Academy. "Welcome, Kosho, to our training center. Most techniques practiced here relate to sword work, hand-to-hand combat, flexibility, and genjutsu. We practice ninjutsu outside as so many of them can be destructive or just plain messy. Anything you would like to try first?"

Kosho

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Welcome here at any time? Never heard that before...” Yudo thought to herself. The idea of this large compound being home to many shinobi seemed foreign to her, but if she could fit in here and really not look for a different place to sleep every night life would be a lot easier. The smile Yudo received from this Isaki Hoshirei was also foreign. The weird feeling Yudo was having moments earlier had gone away she now felt more welcome here than anywhere she had ever been.

The woman gestured Yudo to walk forward shortly after asking what Yudo was thought she needed to work on the most. The first thing that came to mind was taijutsu, Yudo felt the body she was in would never be able to fight on equal terms with anyone. But from what she and Yuki were learning at the academy shinobi could manage unbelievable feats regardless of their size. She desired to be a capable shinobi despite the tiny stature of Kosho's body. “I think I need to work on taijutsu the most.” Yudo said in a serious tone as she began walking through the entrance of the compound being guided by the young woman. Upon entering the clan home Yudo saw people actively moving around in every direction. This place was more lively than the academy. Among all the active people in the compound some were children many of whom didn’t look much younger than Kosho, perhaps even his age. Yudo almost smiled as she thought about how happy Yuki and even Kosho would be in this type of environment, but she just continued to follow the path she was being lead in while observing the extreme activity. “That looks like fun! We’ve never done anything like what those kids are doing. I like it here!” Yuki said chiming in filling Yudo’s head with thoughts that were not her own again.

As it seemed they had made it to their destination the young woman welcomed Kosho explaining the arts that were practiced in the Isaki training center and finished by asking what they would like to start with first. Yudo wanted to focus on taijutsu for now and also wanted learn how to use a weapon. “I would like to practice sword work first.” Yudo said in a serious tone again while attempting to mentally preparing herself for what she had no prior experience with.

WC: 402
TWC: 759/1500

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei listened to her newest pupil as they walked and was pleased to note that he wanted to work on taijutsu first. Their arrival at the training center and her second question made her feel almost giddy. He wanted to learn sword work. She was more than pleased to help with that, after all, she was alright with her sword, even if she didn't use it much outside of training. She motioned them both inside and changed her shoes from outdoor to a pair of tabi socks. "It might seem a little strange, but please put on a pair of the socks before following me further," she said to the young one with a smile on her face.

Once Kosho was done, she would move them further in the center. They passed a few closed rice paper doors. Through the doors, they would be able to see the silhouettes of people sparing together and hear the clashing of wood and sometimes metal. Finally they arrived at an open room and Hoshirei would slide the door closed once they were both inside. Unbeknownst to Kosho, they were in the clan head's preferred training room. She walked over to the left side of the room and quickly pulled down two kendo shinai. The bamboo swords were light and certainly a better start for someone just learning than trying to hand them a katana from the start. Not to mention that the loose bamboo slats made any hits hurt less than a bokken would.

"I would like to start with some simple stances and how to actually swing it. Anyone can swing things, but it doesn't mean you'll be able to do as much damage as you would like. Take this, and follow my movements," she said as she walked back and handed the slightly shorter shinai to Kosho. She then turned and got into the first position. "You will see that my feet are shoulder width apart and staggered, one foot in front of the other. My knees are slightly bent, ready for whatever movement I will need to make. I have both hands on the hilt of my sword, with my dominant hand closest to the guard. The same foot on your dominant hand's side is the foot that will be farther forward in the stagger. Don't lock your elbows either, you want to be able to easily move from one position to the next."

As a demonstration, Hoshirei brought the sword up, her hands level with the top of her head, held it for a moment and then swung the sword down as she brought her non-dominant foot forward. The sword stopped moving just before it reached the original position and she repeated the movement so she ended up in the first position she showed Kosho. "I want you to do your best to copy what I just did. Don't rush yourself. Part of learning sword-work is knowing how to control your movements as well as your reactions. Go ahead and try it, Kosho."

Kosho

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kosho was guided by the young woman to move further inside the compound and as they entered the next room the woman removed her shoes replacing them with tabi socks. Kosho had seen them before, a few people in the village wear them but neither he or the siblings inside him had wore them before.

Yudo-to’s tutor suggested that she also put on a pair of the tabi socks before going any further. Yudo wasn’t too worried about never wearing tabis before she planned to follow whatever her instructor thought best for her in order to get the most out of this tutoring session. Yudo felt oddly comfortable and sat down before putting the tabi socks on her feet. Kosho never really had shoes so naturally they all got used to not wearing them.

After Yudo finished putting on the tabis she continued to follow her tutor and as they walked to an open room behind a sliding door. On their way to the room Yudo heard sounds of clashing mostly dull noises but occasionally a loud sound that seemed like metal.

Shortly after entering the open room Yudo’s tutor grabbed what Yudo believed were bamboo swords and began giving instruction. Yudo listened carefully and began focusing on the sword that Hoshirei was handing to her. As Hoshirei turned away Yudo drew her focus to her instructor’s stance as well as words. Yudo listened to the young woman’s words dedicating each of them to memory. Before moving Yudo envisioned herself taking the stance Hoshirei seemed to be comfortable and confident in.

Yudo first moved her feet further from each other until she felt them even with her shoulders. Yudo then moved her right foot in front of the other while trying to keep it square with her shoulders. Yudo then bent her knees over and over trying to find an angle where she felt most balanced while still feeling able to swift movement. Now focusing her grip on the sword Yudo moved her right hand closer to the guard with the other under it. Attempting to complete her stance Yudo relaxed her elbows and practiced motions with the sword.

After feeling like she was comfortable in her stance Yudo began moving slowly in it attempting to simulate movements she would make in a battle. Then finally as best she could she brought her hands up to her head, while keeping her grip firm and the sword high she swung the sword downward bringing her body forward with the momentum lead by her right foot. Yudo exerted her breathe as she swung the sword trying to hold her stance then thought of these motions over and over as she waited for further instructions from Hoshirei.

WC: 454
TWC: 1213/1500

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei watched her student as he maneuvered his hands around the grip of the shinai. His body seemed to flow into a sword stance easily and for the first time in one, he didn't wobble or stumble as he stepped forward while swinging down. She was a pleasantly surprised by his raw talent and couldn't help the smile slowly taking over her face. "Good! Very good, Kosho! Looks like you are a natural. Biggest thing to remember with any taijutsu, iaijutsu especially, you have to find a balance between quick reflex response time and not being too tightly wound that you find yourself freezing in place."

"Go ahead and take a few swings to see what feels right. Once you are comfortable, I want you to square up to me and swing to hit me. The shinai can leave a mark, but it won't hurt more than getting slapped by someone's hand with the same amount of pressure you put behind it. I will be blocking your strikes, but I want you to do your best to hit me. After you take a couple swings, I would like you to attempt to block a few strikes."

Hoshirei moved to the side until Kosho was ready and then squared up to her pupil. She would defend against a few of his strikes, but allowed some through so he could get a feel for how it was different to hit a shinai versus a person. She would then aim a few strikes toward his sides and head, swinging lightly so that if he missed, he would only feel a tap. If Kosho wished her to, she would swing harder, but she wouldn't go full force, not until he was trained more at the least. It wouldn't do to discourage a young person by going too hard too quickly.

Kosho

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kosho was praised by Hoshirei it seemed he was doing a good job with his stance for a beginner. Kosho had been praised before by some of the elderly of Konoha when learning to read. But never had he been called a natural before. Between Yuki and Yudo-to, Yuki always thought that Yudo took to new things fairly quickly, but no one had ever commented on it until now.

Yudo looked to her instructor again beginning to focus of what Hoshirei said. The words of praise on her stance made Yudo feel like swordsmanship would be worth investing time into. Since entering academy Yudo desired to find a skill that would give her a solid method to follow for defending herself. Learning how to use weapons seemed like a good idea for her given the body she was in.

Again dedicating Hoshirei’s advice to memory Yudo began practicing her swings away from her tutor as instructed.

After a minute or two Yudo found a rhythm in her swing to where she felt she would be able to move and strike without losing her stance. Her only concern as she finally faced Hoshirei was blocking attacks. Yudo was used to blocking but never with a shinai and never in a standing stance.

Yudo didn’t plan to hold back she could tell her instructor was an experienced shinobi and there was no way she could injury Hoshirei with such a weapon. Yudo began to draw her attention to a sound that she locked into the back of her mind since she arrived in front of the Isaki clan compound. Yudo knew this was a gift from her mother and planned to train it today just as she was training her swordsmanship. Yudo began her assault on her instructor. Many of the strikes at first deflected but some managed to hit their mark. Yudo then managed to block several strikes to her side with the help of her gift but was struck upon her head as she was too slow to maneuver the shinai to her head from her side.

The strikes from Hoshirei were not slow but also were not especially fast. The blows that landed on Yudo’s head didn’t hurt and landed simply due to lack of skill on Yudo’s part not because her instructor was really trying to strike her. Yudo knew this and continued to spar with Hoshirei in this manner for a few moments trying to improve where she could.

“I’m ready for you to strike with more force now sensei.” Yudo said to her tutor hoping to increase the intensity of her training knowing that she, herself didn’t have enough stamina to continue training for much longer.

WC: 450
TWC: 1663/1500

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei smiled at her student as she blocked and struck out in return. She watched as Kosho stood firm and looked excited to be excelling at something. Some of their hits landed rather well and Hoshirei would certainly be feeling the one that met her forearm for a bit of time before she had it healed. Kosho seemed eager to continue, but Hoshirei could see that they were tiring.

Hoshirei removed herself from the basic striking stance and let her shinai fall to the wayside but still loosely gripped in her hand. "I think that is enough for today, young one. It would not do to push too hard just yet. Pushing oneself is good to do, but until you know your limits, you might find yourself accidentally doing more harm than good. Any time you wish to come practice, you may. For now, it is time to part. If you wish, you can join the children in their games and I am certain their mothers would feed you if you asked. The kids we passed are always bringing friends over and their parents always welcome the company. Have fun with the rest of your time, Kosho."

She reached out her hand to take back the practice sword. Once it was in hand, she would move to put the swords away and guide Kosho back out of the training facility. Once outside, she bid him farewell and headed to her clan office to take care of the paperwork she would rather not deal with. The work of a clan head is never finished especially in this clan.
I will post for rewards for us and send you the link so you can get the reward.
[Topic left unless stopped]

Kosho

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The instructor released her sword stance and Yudo awaited further instructions, but instead Hoshirei called the session to a close. Yudo relaxed her stance as well and Hoshirei shortly took her shinai. Yudo was offered to stay and play with the other kids as well even eat dinner at Isaki compound. This was an offer Yudo had never received before. “This seems like a nice place to stay onee-sama. Let's give it a try”

WC: 75
TWC: 1738/1500

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back