Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Normal Father-Daughter Relationship [Private pm to enter]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi had been in a buzz all day. Thoughts about her mother and her father…well step-father were causing her mind to go crazy. She could not sit and clean the house even, could not cook and the only place that made her feel better was the forest. Airi had decided at noon to go to the library and begin researching Inuzuka bloodline techniques…how Inuzuka of the past described how they worked and made notes. With those notes from around one she traveled through the forest and went to her usual riverside training spot.

Now Airi was not the smartest and maybe this had to do with her genetics but her nurture was certainly working against her nature. Airi had never had pets and as such the concept of being an Inuzuka never crossed her mind, yet she could remember her survival instinct. Byakko-san…she wondered if he knew somehow? Taking her on the forest mission helped her find that more instinctual side…she really needed to thank him again for bringing her…next she would need to thank Maru for having her feel the Youkai energy and incidentally having her turn into a cat girl. Little did she know how useful that was going to be…

“Feral..shift…technique…”

Airi needed to flow her chakra, really feel the procedure…do not let it explode…she needed to make sure she was not opening gates like habit, this was different this was more of an embracing of nature than a body improvement. As she felt the nature around her she started to tap into her sounds and hearing…eventually they grew and grew until…

----------

Airi rested in a tree…she had decided that the forest was, in her and Otani’s opinion, the best place to find Maru. Airi had tried to sound casual like she just wanted to meet him to hang out…she would need to explain herself since Otani-san probably did not believe her. Maru came out at night so she had to wait. As dusk turned to night Airi felt herself stirring and stretching. After training as hard as she could she thought she had the limits of her technique down pat. One knit nap of two hours later and she was ready. She knew roughly what she could and could not and she could feel the benefits…her confidence shot up once again developing into her own type of shinobi.

With this style in place, she knew she needed to focus on unarmed Taijutsu and recently she had been focusing on Genjutsu since Nozomi suggested it. It would mean her Ninjutsu would take a back seat for now but maybe someday she could pick it up with time. Ninjutsu was flashy and if she was not careful overly destructive. She figured this might be the best two choices for her to be a protector.

She had waited long enough though and she was ready for whatever she would need to do to proceed forward. Airi cupped her hands and screamed as loud as she could into the cold forest night, “MARU-SAN A FOX GIRL IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF YOUR HELP! PLEASE HURRY!” Airi attempted to put chakra into her voice but she admitted she was unsure if it made it any louder. If Maru had not heard it at least one of his Youkai would.

Airi paused for a moment and then leaned backwards into a tree. She blushed slightly…thinking about that fact that she was as close as one could become to a fox girl…at least as far as a human could go. As she waited she looked up at the clear night sky and wondered…when was the last time it was this clear?

Airi opened up a scroll and out came a blanket and basket. As Airi pulled it out she laid the blanket down and took out a small cake. As she took her time she placed fourteen candles on it and then lite a match. As she started to see the soft light grow brighter she started to sing, “Happy birthday to you…happy birthday to you…happy birthday dear Airi…” As the last candle was lite she decided to make her wish. A wish that no candle blowing would solve but maybe the person she called out to could.

‘Let’s see if I can locate my real father or at least a direction…’ Air was adamant to know what sort of person made her mom make the decisions she made…”Even if I form a pact with a devil…I need to know this.” Airi pulled out a small Kunai and placed it down near the cake. She watched and waited almost at peace knowing that he would come…he would never miss out on a fox girl in need and now Airi was one. She would wait to show him. All good things in time.

[Topic Started]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maru got a note from Gosh, a strange letter that said to meet Airi outside of the Susukino District, a bar that he regularly visits was there usually to pick up some foxy Kaibatsu ladies so he decided to wait there for her at least for a moment… but after about 30 minutes of waiting around he got bored the went inside to spend some time with the ladies… and by spending time he meant trying to ask anyone he was attracted to and get a lot of harsh rejections with the occasional slap across the face. Night was coming soon so as he saw the sun beginning to set he paid off the drinks he bought for like several females and he left the bar skipped his way to the ancient forest. He almost had forgotten that Airi wanted to see him, merely brushing it off as some prank Maikeru was trying to pull over his head to get him to show up at the bar. Probably some weird test to see if he'd drop everything to go see what she wanted which obviously he would. No matter the reason, the rogue made sure that he was in the clear before skipping into the ancient forest the rogues appearance was slightly different now that he learned from his spirit animal how to use the power of a fox without making a pact with one. Unfortunately like how he turned into a kappa for 3 months he kinda stuck as a Kitsune which was okay for him, he would take fox ears and nine tails verse horns and a leathery tail any day. It made him seem… less demonic? Well look less demonic because he still carried with him a aura of fear and he was still cursed so there was no escaping the fact he was a youkai. Even unlocked some new youkai abilities that instead of it dealing with nature it called upon… more monsters.

After walking deeper into the forest, three hitodama's burned into existence with a FWOOSH then began to float by Maru's side. He smiled, then his ears perked up when he heard a small voice yelling out to him.

“MARU-SAN A FOX GIRL IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF YOUR HELP! PLEASE HURRY!”

That was all Maru need to hear before he started booking it as fast as he could! So fast that Jeez who was hidden within his tails had to hold on for dear life as Maru ran in a inhuman speed to go help the fox girl. The voice sounded familiar too.. was Airi in the forest! Did she ended up coming across a injured fox girl that was caught in a bear traps. Terrible things like this swelled in the rogues head as he ran to the aid of the fox girl. Maru just hoped that he would make it in time before something bad actually happens. 'Its okay cute fox girl don't die. Airi I'm counting on you.’ Maru thought to himself in his inner dialogue, hoping that the fox had more time….

____​

The rogue slowing down to a jog, Jeez finally let go of Maru's tail then waddles as fast as she could to where Maru was jogging to. The rogue entered the clearing he came in with a look of panic and worry on his face. “Alright I'm here! Tell me what… on… eaaaarth?” Maru stopped then Jeez waddled next to him, got one look at the cake then yelled like it just crossed the finish line happily! “JCTRDHKM IKAG!!!!” it screamed as it made a dash for the cake but Maru quickly snatched up the little youkai by her cape then took in what he was looking at. Airi in the forest alone, fourteen candles, she was sitting on a blanket. Damn was she about to celebrate her birthday here by herself, now Maru's face softened then looked at her with a look of concern. Was she literally out here waiting for him the whole night?! She wanted to spend her birthday with him and he literally blew her off to go chase girls. Then the only way she got him to come is to say there was a cute fox girl in trouble… some friend he was… Maru's ears flattening downwards then began to explain himself. “Airi…. I didn't know. Why didn't you tell me when your birthday was. I would've thrown you like a huge party.” the rogue asked while Jeez was trying to go for that cake.

Strolling over to where Airi was, moved over to sit on the opposite side of where the young kunoichi was sitting. The hitodama's around him floating down to stay beside him as they casted their eerie blue glow like three small floating camp fires. Putting his hands on his lap he noticed that her eyes wasn't those big brown ones that he saw when he first saw her, they were violet now… kinda like his. “Uhhh what happened to your eyes? They look... Different." Maru looked back at his fox tails and could feel his ears moving on top of his head, knowing he looked a little different too. He held Jeez on his lap then gave Airi a sweet smile. "Well guess I'm a little different too."

[Maru Entered!]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi did not have to wait long…as she sat with the silence of the forest minus the normal sounds and the beauty of a moon lite night she watched as someone came through the trees. It took her a minute before she realized who it was…mainly from the way he talked. Maybe it was Jeez who gave it away but as she looked she saw a brand new mask…fox ears…and a tail…tails? Airi’s eyes opened wide as she looked. He looked…Noble…not that he looked bad in the past but if she had to guess what a modern day noble looked like…Maru was pretty much on the money.

Jeez broke the stare off as it screamed with delight. At first it caused her to jump but as Maru quickly snatched up the little sugar demon Airi’s face softened and she held a hand up to her mouth as she giggled. She really did love Jeez and somewhere in her heart she also knew she loved Maru to a degree. They were friends and it certainly was not in a weird way, just that she wanted to protect him. She had an idea of how Otani-san and Kanagawa-san thought about him and the Ice-cream shop certainly showed a lot of things she did not know about him. Still he was there for her if she needed him.

Airi noticed his mouth turned in concerned…Airi needed to read his emotions from his lips since his eyes and brow were often covered. Airi had some help though now…Maru approached with his ears downward. Airi tilted her head slightly but then heard him call out to her. Maru felt bad that he did not know about her birthday. Airi shook her head and smiled a bright smile, “It’s okay, and I didn’t say anything because well I never do anything for them anymore. I’m not a huge party type of girl. Last year I spent it with Rinko-san at my house…I didn’t call out to you till close to midnight because otherwise I would be cheating calling it my birthday. Besides…” Airi looked away nervously as she reached up to twirl some of her hair. “I wanted it to be more private anyway…”

Airi was nervous because of the weird request she had but it could also be taken in a very different way.

Airi looked at Maru as he came to sit down across from her, the faint glow of the candles went in contrast to the pale blue light of the hitodamas. Airi waved to them and smiled thinking about how she loved dancing with them. As she looked at Maru taking in his new appearance the first thing he mentioned was how her eyes now looked a bright lavender instead of her usual dark brown. Airi almost gasped slightly…he did not even ask if they were contacts…he knew they were real. Airi feeling a little nervous was about to speak when he commented on how he looked a bit different now as well.

Airi decided to quickly follow up, “Different is good! You look very handsome Maru-san.” Airi was tempted to dodge the question but she decided it would be better to embrace her changes than fight with them…plus she had to admit…it felt better when she was truth and upfront.

“M-Maru…san?” She paused for a moment and then said, “I..I-I uhm…went to the hospital. Since I got scared about my eyes. The doctor’s believe my eye change is from a late genetic blooming. I guess I had some secret dormant DNA in me that woke up and started to override some of my stuff…” Hidden genes…how common was that with shinobi children? She had no idea. “So…it turns out it is Inuzuka…and I figured I would show you first…” Airi only had to focus for a moment the chakra swirling within her as she felt herself change...

U9RAW9c.jpg

As Airi opened her eye, she could smell so much more clearly…her ears twitching a little at the little creeks and cracks found in the distance to the woods. As she peeked open her eyes she felt really nervous, her own tail swished back and forth.

“The uhh…Fox girl who needed your help…it was me. Maru-san…” Her hair or fur seemed to be a mix of dark brown and black. Her ears were…well larger than she expected them to be and instead of a larger fluffy tail she now had a more lean tail. Not that there was not fluff but it could maybe pass for pillow size.

“I-I uhh…guess I am a Vulpine Inuzuka…” She was nervous about what he would think. She needed to get past this part first, before she even got close to what she really wanted to ask him to do. Airi stopped staring at the small cake for support and quickly held up her hand. “I promise it is not your fault! I had them test to make sure it was not the corrupt chakra that did this to me! It really is some hidden bloodline thing!”

Her tails wished along the grass behind her and her ears flattened…worried that he might feel bad…

She really had no idea and the panic was very clear on her face. “W-We kind of…match now! Ha..haha…” A low nervous whine escaped at the end.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
'Oh.’ Maru was relieved to hear Airi tell him that he wasn't exactly late to give her a good ol’ happy birthday, in fact he was right on time since her birthday was actually… today instead of yesterday? With it being at midnight and all. Besides she didn't seem interested in having one big birthday party which was too bad because he just wanted some kind of excuse to party outside of the Raikage's office with a bunch of youkai around. He'll find an excuse to do that sooner or later but right now it seemed Airi just wanted to have a simple birthday with just her and him. Guess that could work too however… nah she wasn't like that. “More private huh? I guess we can still have a little fun anyway.” When Airi waved at the hitodama's that floated at his side, they flickered glowing brighter and dimming three times as their version of waving back to her.

When Maru commented on the young kunoichi's eyes she seemed to gasp then began to get nervous quickly following up with how handsome he looked which quickly got the rogue tossed off track as to why her eyes weren't brown anymore. “Ya think so? I don't know with my mask on I look pretty great but without it I'm not so sure.” he commented. "Besides your new eye color is pretty great, yanno mines are the same color.” he said, Jeez looking at the birthday cake began to drool then waved her little hands to try to get someone's attention so she can have some of the cake. As she went on, Airi told him how she was scared when she found out her eyes were starting to turn violet and discovered that she had some late bloodline genetics blooming within her. “That makes sense… I was like… thirteen when I first awaken my aura of fear. That's usually the coming of age for a youkai but I guess it's the same for normal people.” He chuckled, allowing her to continue. It turns out that she was a inuzuka but what Maru thought to be just a simple clan of dog lovers was actually a group of people who are close with the contract world.. so close that they can get a minor animal companion from birth or even use their abilities that take years for someone to master which makes sense as to why he's so close to the demon world. Also explains why when his mother was alive she seemed to be like a spider but she wasn't that weird spider bloodline… maybe her natural zodiac blessing was a spider like how his zodiac blessing was the fox since he was a trickster.

When Airi showed her that her zodiac blessing was ALSO the fox too Maru was speechless, he looked at her then held his free hand over his mouth wondering if he may have accidentally cursed her with this. He did turn her into a cat maid by accident but that was supposed to fade away by daylight! He knew he may have accidentally made a her a were-cat-chick or in this case a Werefox. But she assured him that it was a actually bloodline! It wasn't his corrupted chakra that did this and turned her into a fox girl which was a relief to him that it wasn't his fault. "Phew glad to know.” he wiped imaginary sweat from his forehead. When she commented that they kind of matched now. “Well just seemed a little strange.. same eyes, same zodiac… do you think that I probably may have accidentally cursed you?” He began to think, though she didn't show signs of it those hitodama's that went into her may have had some fox spirit. "Uhhh... exorcism isn't really my expertise but if you are trying to get whatever the spirit is out of you go to the inuzuka clan house around here.. get a priest… get a bunch of dogs.. and have the dogs lick you from head to toe and let the priest chant some prayers. I'm sure with the dogs and the priest the spirit will get so irritated by it that it'll leave. Fox spirits are known to have a fear or hatred for dogs yanno? Add a priest with that and the Kitsune would be like 'Fluff this noise!’” Maru explained. There was another way but those were kind of… harsh. “If that doesn't work you either A. Can't do nothing so you and the spirit must co- exist or B. You have fox blood in you. Was that what you needed help with or was it something else?”

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi frowned a little as he talked bad about himself again. “Maru-san I have seen you without your mask and you, my good sir, are one handsome devil…” She giggled to herself slightly thinking about how much she did enjoy a good pun, and how even Setsu would get a kick out of it. As her nerves left her a bit it also allowed for the conversation to progress and hopefully not keep it weird.

Airi saw little Jeez wiggling his hands. Airi smiled at it as well. It really was being so polite, which was very different than the last time it was around her. Airi decided to cut the cake in half and give half of the cake to Jeez. Airi did not want left overs and knew that this would barely satisfy the little devil. She would finish cutting the cake into two piece to split between her and Maru. She blew out the candles rather unceremoniously but she did already sing to herself. “Here you are Jeez…hope this lasts you more than twenty seconds, so try to enjoy it will you? I made it myself.”

As she cut the cake for her and Maur, he explained that when he turned thirteen his demonic abilities started to manifest and Airi gave a surprised look. “I see, then it must not be as uncommon as I thought…that sort of relieves me a bit.” Only a little considering the bigger question on her mind. She felt like asking Maru for a favor after everything he had done for her would be overstepping things. He would not look at it that way but her mind was truly in line with feeling guilty over how much she had relied on him since she became a Genin. Thinking that she had almost known Maru a year she would never be able to thank him for so many things…one day hopefully she could repay him.

As Airi looked past she noticed that Maru covered his face. Airi sort of thought he would be more excited but with his hand over his mouth…was he speechless? She was unable to tell considering how covered he was. Airi had yet to look in a mirror to see how she looked so…maybe she kind of looked bad? Airi shook herself mentally though knowing that he had not flinched…no there must be some other reason. Her explanation that Shinrya-sama had given her seemed to put Maru at ease. She was thankful for that since…well it could have been really bad if he took things the wrong way or was displeased with how she looked. You know they both really thought low of themselves.

He started to talk about how he thought he cursed her and then started to go into how to cure her…Airi could not lie that she just listened and looked a little bit nervous. Airi giggled at the end thinking how she would always say fluff this and fluff that she mildly wondered if it was because of the spirit or some type of coincidence. Either the case maybe she imagined that she would not be going to get a priest and a bunch of Inuzuka together. She felt comfortable in her skin for the first time in a long time…now what she really wanted were answers.

Airi blinked when he said was that what she wanted or something else…how did he know she wanted something…? Airi always sort of had a feeling that Maru could read minds but this was the only time she truly believed he actually could…

Airi held up her piece of cake and put some in her mouth. Now that it was just the moonlight and the hitodama’s it felt like everything was a bit more mystical…Airi took another bite and swallowed before speaking, “When I was with Skinrya-sama she believed that based on my family history being entirely lacking of chakra sensitives, she believed that…that…” Airi set the cake down and let out a sigh…her ears had not come back up since she changed. Her tail swished quickly back and forth with her nervousness.

“She…believes that my mother cheated on her husband and that I might be an illegitimate child with a chakra sensitive side lover.” Airi still had yet to really accept that, checking maps she confirmed that her family was in a certain direction. As such now was the time for her to ask Maru. “What I really wanted to ask you was is there a way…to track my father through Youkai power. I know in books and things doing that through blood is a viable means but…you are the expert here. Maybe you have a friend or someone who could help us. If it leads me back to my family that’s fine…but if it leads me somewhere else…then I want to meet them or at least learn about them.”

Airi’s tail slammed down onto the ground with a soft fluff and then her ears stood up. “Can you help me?” She looked determined, knowing full well what this might mean for her. She mainly wanted to know why her father had never come back. Why not teach her and formally train her? Did he want her to have a normal life, or was he making enemies and did not want them targeted? She really just wanted knowledge…would Maru be able to give that to her?

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Maru actually took the time to explain how to get rid of her problem he at least amused Airi a bit, making her laugh at the idea of having a bunch of dogs lick her from head to toe while a priest prays. Honestly it seemed more like one of those home remedies for dealing with a situation like that but it was worth a shot. The rogue sat there to listen while patting the head of his small Youkai who was more than happy to accept the half of cake that Airi gave to her, beginning to already dig into it. Jeez looked up at Maru seeing he was too busy with Airi, it snooped out of her 'mothers’ grasp then took her half of the cake away to eat it where she was more comfortable. When Airi explain that the doctor told her that she was probably the child of a chakra sensitive person her mother cheated on her husband with the rogue wasn't even joking around when he said. “Whoa moma!” Maru thought that she came from saints of parents, like a average family who lived in a tea shop with a girl who suddenly got blessed and cursed with the ability to use chakra. Well at least he knew her mom was fun at least, besides she came back to her husband didn't she?

After she explained what she actually called him here for her closed his eyes then nodded, Maru knew the feeling too. His mother was highly attuned with the occult and through a ritual known as the Taizan Fukun no Sai she was granted eternal youth and in return she must bear the child of a all powerful Kajin who tricked her into thinking he was the mad god Jashin. If he could track down his father who lived OUTSIDE of this world, then he could definitely track down her father. Depending on who he is, he might would have to convince her to not meet him if he seemed too dangerous like how he didn't want to meet his old man cause… well he was known around the youkai world as one of the most violent Oni. Probably demon dad would tell him he was meant to like raise hell then cause a apocalypse but Maru had a habit of overthinking. With his ears perked up he clapped his hands. “Alright! I think I know just what would help us track your father! I may can't do it directly but I know of someone who can do it. Just… uhhh… hang on a second!”

Knowing what could help him right now, the rogue got to his feet turned around to look around for a perfect spot, channeling his corrupted demonic energy into his hands he placed his had onto the ground to corrupt the soil with his evil energy. While corrupted he hummed a tune while he worked as he took handful after handful of tainted soil to gather it up into a pile. Once he collected the soil he lifted his hand up to take a bite out of his thumb causing it to bleed then slammed his hand onto the earth to manipulate the corrupted soil and demonic blood to mix together until it began to look more clay-like. “PERFECT!” He exclaimed as he began to mold the clay into a doll shape representing a small girl, almost statue like in appearance and he worked pretty quickly. Once done Maru launched a hitodama at the statue doll he made to give the doll made from his corrupted chakra a soul. As the doll went up in the spiritual flames, it's features began to take on more of a clearer appearance than what it originally looked like.

It's body began to take the form of a clothesless clay doll, it grew short raven black hair in traditional bowl cut which is quite common for children, black lips and it had no eyes in its head giving it a more demonic look to it. The doll was cracked, old looking with a magical blue kimono that formed from the spiritual flames and even as the doll was completed it still had that firey blue aura surrounding it. This was a youkai known as a hinnagami, a doll spirit who will grant it's owner any wish they command. Maru crouched down to meet his creation at the same level, the hinnagami wasted no time and demanded for a task. 'What's next?’ it asked in a gentle yet commanding tone to its owner in a little girls voice that was overlapped by a demonic male voice.

"Hey there Doll Face, need you to find out who Airi's father is okay? We need a name, chakra signature, matching blood work the works all done in less than…. 5 minutes. Kinda in a hurry the more detailed the better.” Maru said, and with that the hinnagami floated up, Airi felt pull three strands of hair from behind her and if she turns around nothing was there but the hinnagami got the hair that it needed then just like that it vanished to go get detailed evidence who her father was. Unlike regular people hinnagami can appear anywhere, do anything, and carry out their task to the best. They don't call them the god doll for nothing. While they waited Maru looked back at Airi, giving her a warm smile. “Hey in five minutes it should be back with your answers as to who you're father is. If he's a actually shinobi then what you can do is use this ninjustu called snapshot and hold her hand up next to it.” Maru explained. “If you get you hand and him in the same shot you can see your chakra signature and his. They should look the same since… well you're the only chakra sensitive one. What's your mother's name anyway” He asked, deciding to make a little small talk while they waited.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi watched carefully as Jeez made its way, clearly uninterested in anything other than it’s half of the cake. Airi knew it might never truly love her not matter how many sweets she gave it but at the very least…it was stupidly cute. Airi hoped that it enjoyed it…or it at least passed the Jeez test. She felt like Jeez would eat anything sweet and if hers got rejected then she knew it was bad. Baking was super new to her so she would not be surprised if this cake was sub par.

Maru seemed to think for only the briefest of seconds before he nodded and seemed to get to work on whatever it was he thought could help Airi in her situation. Maru got excited as he told her to wait a second. Airi decided that she must be in for a treat since he said that he would need assistance. Considering what might happen or what she may see she decided to begin a more conscious effort of finishing her piece of the cake. Maru seemed busy but if Jeez came over in an attempt to steal Maru’s piece Airi would not bend, she would defend that piece with her life, though it seemed content in its part of the training field.

Airi could feel the stir in the air as the corrupt chakra began to leave Maru’s body to influence the world. It never really scared Airi anymore, considering Byakko-san training. With Maru it was just a common thing…the malevolence had a sort of cooling effect she supposed. It never came off as hostile like the spiders aura had been, though maybe it was just because she had never seen Maru in battle mode. She wondered if someday he would actually fight her…seemed unlikely but if not Maru then she would need to get Maikeru to do it. That or maybe she would go to the coliseum so she could really push herself.

Airi came back to herself pouring some miso from a thermos and taking a sip. Maru seemed to be making something out of the corrupted energy and the soil…something kind of like a really ugly doll. Even though Airi was not afraid it certainly was not cute…”It is…fascinatingly creepy…” Airi enjoyed occult things more and more as she met Maru. Youkai were like shinobi…there were good ones and bad ones. Much like everything else understanding them was the key to not letting them have power over you. Once she understood that they fed on dark emotions Airi just pushed out her overly bright feelings and it dociled most Youkai up.

As the doll got more clothing Airi could really only question one thing…”It can make everything but eyes…?” Certainly it could if it wanted to. “I feel like it might be more for dramatic effect than ability.” Once it made clothing Airi nodded to herself in confidence. Sipping her soup a bit more.

“Yeep!” Maru began to speak to it and suddenly Airi felt a pinch on the tip of her tail. She jumped slightly grabbing her tail to hold it in front of her. As she looked back she saw nothing. Turning forward as she clung to her tail more and articulating in annoyance, “Sorry Okay! You don’t need to be mean because I pointed out you have an ambiance issue!” Airi started to brush her tail feeling that it could have been nicer about the whole affair.

Maru informed her of the snapshot jutsu which Airi happily responded with, “That’s one of the few ninjutsu I know!” Now this was traditionally not a technique trained to Genin. Sure it was not unheard of for non-anbu to learn the technique but it was required for Anbu-in-training to learn it. Chuunin and Jounin would know it to prove what happened on a mission went how it should…Genin usually focused on honing their primary skills. So even though it was not a big deal for Airi this might spark a question in Maru’s mind…why did she know that jutsu? The last snapshot she had was her B-rank mission to the rolling hills…something that still bothered her.

Maru did ask her what her mother’s name was and Airi had to hold her face for a moment as she thought. “Irie Chiasa…though…I think if I am not wrong her name before marrying my father was Katou Chiasa.” Airi thought it was interesting that Maru was asking about his mother’s name, though she supposed it was her cheating that this discussion was about. “Ohh! My mother did have a stage name. She used to sing and perform tea ceremonies making into something like Haiku’s or small stories. Oh gods…what was her name…”

Airi stood up and then walked over to where Maru was and looked at his mask. Really stared at him and said, “Mit…umm I know it was something like Monogatari…” Ahh plopped her fist into her hand as it came to her. “Mitōshigatari! I remember she always wanted to tell tales of self-discovery.” Airi smiled remembering the very rare few times she ever saw her mom perform. She mentioned she did her last production a long time ago but still Airi could tell her mother really missed and loved the arts. “You know whenever I asked her why she stopped she always said she needed to focus on her commitments and that now her career was her children.” Airi looked a little sad…

“I always kind of felt bad since she seemed to love it.” As Airi glanced over to Maru she continued, "You know my mom had a stage mask sort of like yours. Though it was a blank mask only having small drawings of sakura petals that would turn to snow towards the bottom. She said she always told stories that had sad or neutral endings. Saying you need to stay optimistic but reality often mostly has tragic stories."

Airi smiled thinking about how weird her mother was when it came to life.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maru thought for a moment, the doll could make everything including a wish come true but it couldn't make eyes? Well he guess that it didn't need eyes maybe? The rogue chuckled a bit when she seemingly thought that the doll was insulted by her comments on it making everything but eyes. “I don't think it was offended, it kinda have the mind of a machine yanno.” He explained, at least he believed it was since Maru never really know of it to have feelings but since it had a soul maybe? After Jeez nearly finished with her cake looked over at Maru's slice of cake, licking frosting from her mouth she saw that Airi was guarding the cake. The sugar youkai trying to figure out how to get it without getting caught, it just continued eating to pretend like it wasn't interested in the cake for now. As Maru listened to what Airi's mother's name is he knew that he probably haven't met a person with that name before… at least not the real name.

Irie Chiasa he had no idea who that was, but someone named Mitōshigatari remembered then as he looked up he thought it for a moment and then a grin spreading across his face at the thought then he began to drool. “Hehehehe…. I remember someone who made me call her that before… heh heh heh… Hands down best night… You know how Akira O-O-whatever said that if you offer me punishment that you can get me to do whatever? A lady with the same stage name did a lot of punishing and rewarding.” He didn't want to make this about his love life but heck at least it would be a humorous story since she seemed a bit sad so he thought he'd throw that out there. Besides he knew it couldn't be THAT Mitōshigatari since her mother was probably a sweet little lady working in a tea shop. She seemed more sad than dominate or aggressive, besides he didn't hold her hand since he was mostly bounded for the whole arrangement.

When she went on to talk about how she wore a mask like he did and told stories like the woman he met who he flirted with before since he liked the ones with a nice voice. Especially the ones who looked good on stage. It was kinda weird how much in common his ex mistress had in common with Airi's mother, his mistress even allow him to hold her mostly because the stories she told were sad so he made her feel better by being his ol’ charming self, actually putting effort in making her feel better instead of acting how he normally would act. Then he'd be rewarded! Great time's. “Well it doesn't seem like much but if she was telling stories with sad endings usually that means she was probably lonely or bored. Ain't nothing wrong with trying to find something new right?” Maru explain, justifying her mother's actions. “She must've held the other guys hand then stared into his eyes, should've did that cause that's how humans get pregnant right? Hand holding?” the asked curious on how people make children since most of the time he makes his youkai children from the fear of something. Maru felt the air suddenly get colder then his ears perked up then his tail wagged! Aye results are in!”

The small doll came back into existence with a FWOOSH! Holding a scroll in its hands, it matched over to Airi like a toy soldier then paused then raised up the scroll to hand the young kunoichi the scroll it's blank expressionless face staring up at her as the doll stood like a statue to give her the scroll that contain the knowledge that she wanted. Jeez interested decided to waddle her way to the group go see what's going on, the doll being relatively the same height as she was, she looked at the frozen doll curiously, looked up at Airi then at Maru. Maru chimed in. “Well don't keep us waiting tell us who the father is!” When Airi would take the scroll to open it, this is what she read provided by the friendly neighborhood god doll;

opurQcw.jpg

When the she was finished reading, the Hinnagami stood there for a moment then simply asked for another task.'What's next?’

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mau made a comment about how he thought the being could not be offended and Airi just gave him a glare back. She had no idea if it could or not but it certainly was not pulling any punches regardless. Maru proceeded to go into thinking about what she had said talking about how a lady made him call her that and apparently gave him a very…eventful evening one night. Airi sort of shivered at how much he seemed to enjoy that sort of…play. It was really weird to her but who was she to judge him for the matter. It did however strike her as odd…her mother said it was a very personal name to her. Maybe someone saw her and wanted to be her? That still seemed too bizarre to her and unless Maru was trying to play a joke at insinuating her was with her mother…Airi shook her head. Maru would never joke like that.

Maru went on to say that sometimes if people focus their performances on sad things it meant they themselves were sad. At first Airi wanted to dismiss it. After all her mother seemed happy…right? Airi had to think about times she had seen her looking into the distance, distracted, she did mention how she missed the stage. Airi had never thought to ask her mother if she was happy. She was always told she was loved…she said she loved her husband…

Airi just realized that she never made sure her parents were happy…it never really occurred to her and she felt a hollowness in the pit of her stomach. She really needed to go see her family soon no matter what. I’ll plan a vacation after my Chunin exams…

Maru made a weird comment which caused her to shake her head. “Hand holding…pregnant?” Airi chuckled slightly Maru really did tell weird jokes…of course that was not how people got pregnant. Course it never occurred to her that he was one hundred percent uniformed about how humans reproduce. She assumed he was an educated human…which for the most part he was neither of those two things.

Maru got excited and Airi looked up to where he did. She was starting to get good at pin-pointing Yokai based on how their energy flowed. Airi knelt down as the little doll marched forward. “Sorry for making fun of you. Thank you for doing this for me.” Airi held the scroll and stared at it for a moment…her fingers started to feel numb thinking about what it contained. Maru pushed her forward to tell her to not leave everyone in suspense. Airi nodded and then untied the string to open the scroll.

Airi at first felt her empty…she felt herself really confused. As she slowly started to read her mind shut out the concept entirely. Oh…that’s why he said all of those things earlier…Airi rolled up the scroll a small smile on her face. She handed it over to Yamamoto and said, “That…That is very clever. You had me for a moment.” She turned and moved away back towards to blanket. Airi felt a small tear welling up that she had to push back down. He did not intend for this to be mean. He wanted her to be happy.

“I really appreciate the effort to cheer me up. It’s okay that you could not help me. I’ll find him another way.” Airi had a mix of anger, sadness, and ease of heart. She knew what his intentions were but it still got into her skin. Maru always had an interesting personality so it was only fair that his humor would be as well. As she turned to look back at him she smiled as well as she could, “I’m sorry I did not find the joke very funny.” As she looked at him though…he seemed…off. Concern crossed her mind…why is making that face…?

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
'Eh?’ he thought as while Airi handed him back the stroll who seemingly looked a bit sad about the results, the rogue scratched his head as he thought for a bit. “Uhhh… sorry. The Hinnagami is supposed to like grant any wish I make, 'Common if we have to we can always kidnap this guy then get the blood test or something.” He said brining the paper to his face to see what exactly made Airi feel like he was pranking her or something. He looked at the photo first before reading, rubbing his chin he thought to himself how good looking this guy was and he even held a mask similar to what his looked like. When he read the name, Maru went from drooling over the fox guy to his mouth dropping open as he actually read the names! It was literally all of HIS names! All of them!! This was impossible because he never once held some woman's hand! Well he did when he was with that idol girl… and tried to with Kaori… Maru began to laugh and the Hinnagami demanded again for another task. 'What's…… NEXT!?’...... it hissed and Maru jumped to asking it questions.

"Hey doll, what's the deal? You used someone else's face and my name.”

’It’s your face your name… what's next?

“Common I can't be surely this has to be a mistake.”

'Not a mistake, it's written in Lord Enma's book that Irie Chiasa committed adultery with you and that book is never wrong. DNA from hair and your constant drooling shows matching traits of actual youkai cells… she is a near human half demon…. Traits of both god and demon are in her cells… What's next?’

“But I didn't hold hands, how is that possible can you explain that?”

’Hand holding doesn't cause humans to reproduce…. you two know about that night… how she laugh at her husband. How she lauuuuuuuuuuuughed.’ it silent for a moment to tell Maru every last detail of how Airi, it's blank Maru made a hand motion to cut off the doll buy it continued as if it didn't care that Airi's mom was still her mom. Needless to say it went into great detail of how Airi was created and used very very colorful language to do that. ’After $&?! √$# $#@& while you were tied up. She proceeded to $&# ©℅®¥ &$ you and $&#@ %€©®∆π =O.’ Yeah that was the kind of language it was using about her mother, Maru stopped the doll by telling it that he didn't want to hear anymore. The Hinnagami stopped, if it could grin right now it would but the youkai asked in somewhat of a tone to let the group know it was happy with it self in painting Airi's mother out to be the bad one. ’ SooooooO…. ♪What iiiiiiiiiiis neeeeeeeeeeext?♪’ it asked in a mocking tone, almost in the tone of ‘Nah-Nah-NahNah-Nah’. Maru sighed, then shook his head. If Airi went to attack the doll he wouldn't stop her but it would just rebuild itself then asked ‘What's next.’ He knew it was a bad idea to ask a youkai who is legit known to follow it's owner to hell for help, after all it's made of malevolent human spirits. This goes without saying that while Maru had good Youkai he usually keeps the bad ones like Hinnagami hidden so people could have a positive look about youkai.

Maru deciding Hinnagami had overstayed her welcome, he simply sent it away by ordering it. “Alright, need you to like go away. Go to Mugen Jigoku and wait there for exactly one billion years. Never return to earth unless I call you again.” And with that, the doll weave hand seals to create a Gate of Enma to the lowest hell imaginable then waddled it's way through the dark rift that was filled with screams and demonic laughter mocking the souls in their despair. After the doll went back the hell portals vanished in a when a strong wind blue the vapor like gateway away. Once the hinnagami was away, the rogue sat down deciding to at least explain that this wasn't his idea of a joke. “Look… demons are sometimes a wild card so I apologize for that should've just sent it away instead of asking questions.” Maru looked at the paper the hinnagami left, then frowned at seeing the face he thought he didn't have. "Hello there's no way I look like this guy, I mean common.” He decided to tap his mask to make his mask fall away like puzzle pieces to let Airi examine his face. “Like look he doesn't even have the nasty looking scar so he can't be me right?” He asked, however there wasn't no changing it no matter how much he denied it because in a way he kinda felt like they had a little too much in common. Besides the Hinnagami was not known to tell a lie if it was for a wish and those answers were all wishes it granted. Maru kinda felt bad because… well he's been out the poor girls life for 13 years with a year of just hanging out with her letting her do shinobi work. Why on earth would her mother allow her to become a shinobi, more or less why didn't he encourage her to take on something different. Jeez got up, waddling over to where Maru and Airi was a bit confused as to why they stopped talking then went to take Maru's cake then looked up at Airi as it backed away slowly. Though it was indeed taking it, it was still asking if she still wanted to give Maru this cake. The rogue closed his eyes, then took a deep breath. “Sorry Airi but unfortunately though I know the Hinnagami to be a lot of things a liar isn't a trait of the Hinnagami because those answers were from my wishes. If it doesn't fulfill those wishes it loses power because it's a personification of greed, if it doesn't do its task then no one would use it.” He frowned even now it was increasing in power due to his wish for it to stay in the underworld, gaining power for his greed for a billion years even when the day comes that he would croak.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maru began to have a…well not a fight but an interaction with the little what’s next doll. As they spoke together though Maru was outright rejecting the concept as well. Airi could not believe what she was hearing. If this had been a prank he would have ended it where she said the last bit…but it continued as the little demon went on.

‘Irie Chiasa committed adultery with you’ Airi felt herself go very still. This joke had gone on for too long. It was too mean. Airi’s teeth clenched as the little beast went on. The scene went on…how Airi had the will power to keep herself silent as the little doll continued to give a full run down of the evening…Airi could not imagine whatever that thing confused with her mother. Tears fully welled into her eyes...but they were not dropping. It continued to speak of all the things they did with the crudest language that Airi could not even comprehend some of it. This vile little thing did not have to report the matters in such a way…but it did.

Airi could feel a stirring within her…she wanted to make that little thing shut up. As she held her hands in front of her she felt them stressing against the pressure…she was close to breaking a finger with how much negativity was building up within her. As she gave it a look she could only think one thing. I wanted to find my father through the power of a Youkai. Of course the demon would give her a negative consequence…that’s how demons worked. You would get what you want in a way you did not want it…Airi wanted the truth…and the truth is what was ignited her rage.

Maru stopped it after a time…he explained that he did not want to hear anymore…yet he talked about how he enjoyed it not moments before…As the gate once again opened Airi watched as the little devil left. Maru sat down once everything was settled…What would she even say to him…Airi still refused to believe the truth. Maru removed his mask still believing he looked nothing like that. Airi could feel a direction she wanted to throw this swirling rage into. He was just sitting there…trying to dissuade himself…if this was real…if this was real…if this was real…

Airi was only barely aware as her vision seemed to focus only on Maru. Gods she wanted to punch him as hard as she could. He just dropped a sorry like he knocked over a drink. Yea get over it…it’s the truth…Maru at this moment in time…had no idea how to be an empathetic human…

“Y-Y-You…Mon-!” Airi felt like a leash was pulled onto her neck. Her foxish ears going down as she curled into a ball. She held her head and felt cold hands mentally cover her eyes and ear. ‘Shh…now now…’
-------------
As her hands moved away from her head the ears picked up. The girl moved her hair to get it out of her face and with annoyance removed the hair clip. Scratching a bit to get the hair free “Airi” put a hand on her hip. She held up her hand and motioned it as she spoke taking the time to remove the silly tears from her eyes. “We really should think before we regret what we say…” As the fox girl looked to her nails as clicked her tongue. “Truly savage…I must get my nails done at some point.” She gave a glance over to Maru and a mischievous smile same to her face. “You know…you really are quite selfish…not a whole lot of empathy from that Miasma of malevolence huh?”

“Airi” glanced down at the little youkai seemingly looking up to her as if it wanted an order. “Jess was it? Yes eat it. He does not deserve it after what he just carelessly let happen. You can finish mine as well…”

As she glanced back to Maru she smiled and said, “So what do you have to say to yourself…Oto-san?” She leaned forward and gave a bright smile but her eyes showed her confidence and her clear position…I am in charge here not you now play little Youkai…dance. Her tail swishing back and forth slowly but methodically…a fox’s invite to play…if you will.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well then… needless to say Airi did NOT take the news that well at all, in fact after Hinnagami left all the anger she had towards it seemed to be directed toward him. He honestly didn't meant for it to just come all out like that, but he guessed Hinnagami could only deliver the truth and deliver it hard like a prosecutor stating the evidence that it had. He should've asked the youkai to deliver the news in a more… respectable fashion? Now she is looking at him like he did something wrong, probably shouldn't have said the whole thing about how great Mitōshigatari was in bed and more importantly let the youkai got as far as it did with explaining her sins. Maru held up his hands feeling her chakra spike, he might have to run away cause there's no telling what'll happen now. “Now Airi… calm down just a minute. Now remember that you asked for the truth? Only my more evil Youkai would be able to have that kind of knowledge to be able to track down a person.” he explained clearly she wasn't having it. The Hinnagami, one of his youkai, enraged her and now he was the only guilty target in this. She was pretty damn close to calling him a monster but she suddenly like… shut down… Maru breathing a sigh of relief, he held his mouth concerned what the heck just happened to Airi. “Uhh Airi?” He asked.

Airi looked okay, more calm now but she acted… different. Needless to say she took on a more in charge persona of herself, less meek and more dominant. 'Damnit. This is like… the third person I gave a split personality too!?' he thought to himself. Maru really needed to consider keeping his not so friendly's away since people tend to act a little mad around them. Taking in the new alterego it seemingly knew that he went really right to defending himself by telling the now possessed Kunoichi how it wasn't his fault. “It isn't my fault it was that damn Hinnagami!” He protested, Maru felt as though he did nothing wrong but clearly he somehow someway offended her. Clearly he did something wrong and he couldn't see what he even did wrong. Maybe because he kinda brushed off the whole thing with her mother off as it being no big deal when that no big deal caused Airi to be born. Poor girl had a right to be mad.

Jeez giggled then quickly took the cake away that was for Maru to begin eating, the little youkai having no idea what is going on seemed to be the only one having fun. Airi or whoever this was started to ask if he had anything to say for himself and he thought for a moment. “I actually don't know what to say right now, I am as surprised as she is about this whole thing. All I can do right now is…. Uhh… Apologize?” He held his arms open as a sign of trust. “Like.. I dunno the Hinnagami made me seem kinda bad so I guess I have some explaining to do.” The fact of the matter was, the Hinnagami looked at things as black or white so naturally it would give a black or white response. It merely said the evidence it gathered from the view of what was fact rather than why did this even happen in the first place. Besides the fact that apparently she was a near human half demon so the Hinnagami simply wanted to anger her in hopes that it would aid in helping her serve the dark. Maru's ears flattening on his head, feeling like what he thought was helping her was only making things worse and on her almost birthday no less. Well it was her birthday but still!

"Well I guess all I can say is that I seriously didn't know, it wasn't like I meant for this to happen. I was seriously was only trying to help. It wasn't like I knew that she was mine to begin with. So how am I selfish?" Maru asked. "Where did I go wrong here?"

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The fox spirit looked at Maru as if he was something crawling on the ground she did not like. “Airi” could only feel herself get a little bored as Maru squirmed on the ground. Maru defaulted to the blame someone else game…wasn’t he a lord of all these Youkai? Did he lack control? What a pity…and to think she herself was another creation of his. No wonder Airi was so timid…this Youkai appeared to be same. Well beggars cannot be choosers she supposed and at least Maru had a strong family line if nothing else…though proving herself would be awfully difficult, especially attached to this body. “Airi” could already feel the slight headache coming in.

Maru thought for a brief moment as the little beast came and took ninety percent of the cake. Maru then mentioned that he was surprised and guessed he should apologize. “Airi” rolled her eyes when he went on to say that he had some explaining to do. “Airi” could already feel this was going to be a waste of time. At least for now. Airi would be on cool down all night she suspected…the girl meant him no real harm and even did not want to make him feel bad. “Tch…why am I in the middle here huh…”

Her ear twitched over as the little demon seemed to be enjoying itself, the playful movements of her tail all but gone now, this no longer being fun. Maru shifted himself to a pity party once again. How is he selfish? What did he do wrong? Her foot tapped on the ground…clearly annoyed by the whole ordeal.

“Okay O…to…san. Let’s not look at this from a demon lord perspective. Let’s look at this from a small lonely girl’s perspective. Shall we?” She gave a smile and while it still looked soft everything in her tone was quite hard. “A girl…separated from her family wanted the answer of who her potential father was…and he happened to be a close personal friend. She obviously does not care about you explaining yourself. She doesn’t care how it happened and she certainly does not want you to be sorry about being her father!” “Airi” crossed her arms and let out a sigh. “Yea you should feel bad you started asking questions and letting the travesty continue and for that you should apologize but before anything else…human children want comfort and security. believe it or not you are a lead shinobi and an adult by human standards.”

For the last fourteen years the fox spirit watched over Airi. She watched her make plenty of dumb irrational choices but what she got to witness that Maru probably never hard was a proper family. “Youkai like us do not have proper families. We are fully functional at conception and run on the suffering of others so maybe you lack something called compassion but from what I have seen you seem to have a lot of empathy.” Glancing back over to him she have him an extreme look of pity.

“When she comes back tomorrow I would consider her state and maybe…just maybe…offer her a home. Someone to talk to, a shoulder to cry on…questions and that stuff will come later. She broke tonight because you saw her as an accident…in other words a mistake! No kid wants to think they are about to bring nothing of trouble to their parent. We both know how you think all the Youkai that spawn around you annoy you.” She gazed into the distance a bit and smiled…”Well except for me…I couldn't care less if I bothered you.” She giggled to herself slightly and then stretched her arms.

As she glanced over to what she imagined was him processing she said, “By the way, I am actually your daughter as well. I’m not just a broken off part of her I am a separate entity…sort of.” The Youkai fox and Airi were the same person but the spirit was also sort of like a guardian. The Inuzuka blood active now in her blood gave her consciousness.

“And before you get any bright ideas to name me I plan go by Kitsukage Yoko! You had better not forget it O…To…San!” Maybe she was a little pissed she had to be a mediator…or maybe it was the general lack of ability from either one of them to handle a social situation…or maybe just maybe her anger stemmed from the fact that he acknowledge neither of his daughters and while one broke down maybe the other was a little pissed he treated this little sugar demon better than her.

Yoko’s tail wished with a little bit of anger. “Now seriously get up you look pathetic on the ground. You’re a powerful Youkai lord at least try and act the title.” If Yoko ever wanted to present herself to the rest of the Youkai lineage she hoped Maru had enough standing that she would even be looked at and right…she had not seen one shred of his true demonic abilities.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well needless to say this side of Airi or whoever this was seemed to be a bit more… interesting? For the most, though Maru had the blood of a fox demon who are supposed to be cunning he still had the mind of a lesser Oni and Oni 's are often known to be simple, after she explained to the rogue what he did wrong from a regular human girl prospective apparently she believed that he thought she was an accident which he didn't think that she was a accident at all! Though now that he thought about it he was sort of… mean to his youkai by calling most of them annoying but truth be told they were however they still seemed attached to him. Heck Ew was actually created by a accident because he used natural energy to clean a bathroom which from the filth gave birth to a Akaname he decided to name Ew. Safe to say now he kinda saw why Airi gotten upset since… she's like the only more intelligent of his youkai children to actually act normal. He's probably going to have to explain that he didn't mean what he said that way, that she wasn't an accident. “Well I guess you're right, I might will be able to explain to her a lot better than I did this time. Plus offer her to come live with me and my other youkai in my cave in the Spine Of The World.” now smiling he gestured his thumb behind him like his home was just behind him. “It's pretty hidden and kinda opens up at the top like a volcano but it's pretty nice, it's amazing the things you can do with natural energy plus I think the Tengu there will tolerate it if you guys came along.” Which was a good thing he did the environmental alters before he decided to change his abilities from one power of the sage to another sage ability that fits his capabilities better.

Now realizing he was still on his knees, the rogue quickly got up then tilted his head curiously at Airi who was now calling herself Yoko actually explained she wasn't some broken part of her but a separate entity. "So you're my daughter too? So is it like you guys are siamese twins without looking all… messed up?” He asked curiously, speaking of messed up he already had a name in store for his youkai child."Oh, I think I'll just name you anyway since Yoko doesn't seem youkai enough so I'll call you… well both you and Airi.” He thought of how they both made him feel. “Hooman! Hooman is both of your Youkai names.” He thought it was a great name. Jeez, Ew, Whoa, YIKES, BRUH, DANGER, Hooman. With his two tsukumogami Sheet and Robe. A Normal name for is normal daughter. Quickly swiping his hand across his face his eye mask appeared back on his face like magic since he always felt more confident wearing a mask his tails laying behind him he couldn't help but think how much it oddly made sense that she was his daughter, his mother always had a fascination with spiders and collected spiders for a living but she seemed to be more LIKE a spider but not like that spider bloodline. Maybe her zodiac blessing was a fox but changed it to spider since she made a pact with the spider. Besides most of his mom side of the family are fox inuzuka due to the fact that Daji a mighty Kitsune was worshiped by some of the inuzuka and made them murder their dogs as sacrifices to the fox goddess. Needless to say, they replaced their blessing of the dogs to a fox worshipping cult with a few members being lucky enough to have fox blood in them since Kitsunes are known to cause lovers quarrels and break up couples by seducing the men or women…. Whoa… this was starting to make sense now.

Maru's first thought of Yoko, his daughter within a daughter, was that although she seemed to be a sassy type she seemed to be interested in wanting to get close with her demon side. More so wanting approval more than anything and since he messed up with Airi he could at least try to get on Yoko's good side. “So Hooman Yoko, since you're also my daughter and Airi might have some questions for me I guess you probably have some too. Ask away because I'm pretty sure you're wanting some answers. So.. like do you wanna learn more about me? My family? Like anything that would help you? ” Well now that she helped him, he decided that he should help her figure herself out too because Maru had wondered what he was for a long time before finding out what he was. Besides Yoko wasn't just some spirit but clearly she was his responsibility too. There was something that was slightly nagging him about this entity, so he figured he'd ask it about itself. ".... Though I am curious. Do you only come out when Airi is upset or endangered. Because you can probably guess from now on she'll be pretty safe so I didn't want to end up losing my other daughter." there was something hidden within those words. "If I can convince Airi anyway..."

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okay so he was in fact teachable. Yoko nodded a few times as he spoke. Mentioning the only part of this that actually mattered. She was right. It made her smile slightly. Yoko knew Airi would most likely decline to live in a mountain outside the village, besides Yoko preferred the luxuries of humans, so she was against it as well. Overall she imagined he would get rejected, but at least he was looking at things from an alternate perspective. She imagined he would go and read silly joke books about fathering a child now and that worried her. They were both old enough and shinobi to handle themselves, their relationship would awkwardly turn slightly but probably not change much.

As he spoke she felt her temper flare, “Of course not that is…well…you know now that you mention it…it kind of is like a spiritual Siamese twin…” Yoko had actually not looked at their relationship like that. She had always figured if Airi passed on, provided the body could be recovered, Yoko would inherit it. Her spirit was stronger and would outlast her…but if they were more directly connected. This caused her tail to twitch side to side. “But yes for all intents and purposes I am your Youkai daughter and she is more your human daughter, though we blur a bit sometimes.” Yoko nodded figuring that would explain it.

When Maru mentioned that name both her ears and tails shot straight up. “No…I refuse to be called something I’m not. You call Airi Hooman all you want but not me. Kitsukage Yoko sounds much better. I need a name that inspires not sound derpy.” Maru seemed to ignore her protest and apply his mask to his face again. Yoko did the same, applying a half mask as well. Yoko and Airi both enjoyed the mask and the Anbu Technique mask summoning worked out perfectly for this. Her mask was much simpler really only covering her forehead and eyes, like a masquerade mask, it also was a simple yet eloquent black. Might as well join her father in his mask wearing.

As she felt the confidence of a mask she heard twitched. “I said do not call me that…” Maru of course would more than likely keep it up. A father had the right to name his kid whatever he wanted but she would be damned if she responded to it. He did however use Yoko so maybe she should take her half victories. Not like she could gouge out his throat. He was probably a little over twice as fast as her.

As she gave an annoyed glace over she crossed her arms and said, “No Oto-san not tonight. I do not have a particular need to find out until we are much stronger…finding out now and saying their names would only draw attention while we train.” Names had power and when you spoke the name usually you drew the attention of them if they were powerful enough. Yoko read the scroll presented…she decided to pass for now. “Unless we are called, I’ll find out when I can at least hit you when you’re trying to not be hit.” Yoko had no idea where they personally scaled in strength but if they had both Youkai and God blood…yea not yet. “Plus you do not seem to make regular visits…”

Maru asked a good question and one that she was hesitant to answer. Sighing a bit she said, “Right now if I so desired I could lock Airi out and take her over completely. She would be there but…well she isn’t strong enough to resist me. She is a rather…trusting girl.” Yoko’s mouth took on a bit of a scowl. “The catalyst to wake me was her being in danger so at the start that was the case. We have it down now pretty well so as long as we do not disagree we can trade off. One day she will need to kill people, I can’t keep doing it for her. Besides when she goes to her exam soon she will likely be given even harder missions. Maybe even people who can fight back against a shinobi.” Yoko was trying to be general. Unknown to her though Genin usually do not go on murder quests…not that she cared if Maru knew Airi was an almost graduated Anbu.

“So to answer no you can see either of us anytime. Airi will probably stay the default since I can’t be bothered dealing with humans.” Clearly her Foxy lust had still not developed…she was more in a young trickster phase. Probably would make Maru happier to hear that. As she stretched though she did feel a need to go hunt something…she wanted to play or toy with it before ending it.

“I think I might go hunting later if you want to join…if I come out and do not at least get some satisfaction I’ll feel like it was a waste for me to come out.”

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The rogue found it almost strange but yet pretty cool that Airi pretty much had two sides of her kinda like how he did when Maru had the third eye. Unlike Airi Maru's youkai side completely had taken over since his childhood wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, his more demonic side name was Lekio buy of course after Umashi attempted to make him holy he kinda sorta… passed on to the other world and now Maru's more human side had taken over. This honestly was explaining a lot due to the fact when he met people from his past all they can talk about was how he used to preach to everyone that the darkness was the way. Needless to say the darker side of him just wanted to prove to everyone that even a bad guy could be a proper shinobi, that you don't need to have a clean record, positive outlook, teammates, or friends for you to make it to the top. Maru knew by seeing how his darker half simply wanted a good job from people but usually everything he touched turned to crap so he started to give up on the whole fitting in idea. Maybe that's what Yoko needed?

Maru looked at how Yoko summoned her mask and it look similar to something that he would wear since it looked similar to a masquerade mask, he whistled then ruffled through Yoko's hair. “Looking good, all you need now is a fancy looking kimono then you'll be just like your old man.” He chuckled. When he offered to answer some of her questions she seemingly wasn't interested and he was not going to push the issue. She seemingly wanted to get stronger but he didn't think there was a need for that unless… well maybe it was better not to like say their names out loud because a good majority of them are Kijin and he honestly don't know what they are like. Just what his elder Youkai's have told him about his bloodline. When he allowed her to explain how does the whole thing with her and Airi worked he was glad to hear that she didn't only come out if Airi was endangered. But what strikes him as odd was how a Gennin was receiving missions to assassinate people, something he wasn't sure was the proper thing to give to a 14 year old since they were children not soldiers or cops. As Yoko went on about Airi is going to have to kill people for herself he gave a smile, that smile you give when you really don't wanna outright say something but you know that it might would offended them. If she was doing nothing but assassination she must be either A. Within the Merces Leftiers or B. The Anbu…. Now concerned he needed to figure out a way to get Airi and Yoko out of that crap!

Maru let Yoko continue and a good thing Airi would stay the default because Yoko seemed like someone he couldn't exactly say a few nice things to get her to hear him out but manipulation would probably be the best for her by making her at least THINK what she is saying is her idea. “T-that's good.. I'm sorry but that kinda seems a bit dangerous for a 14 year old to do huh? I mean the missions.” He didn't want to dwell on that for too long for Yoko seemingly wanted to go on a hunt and that honestly wasn't a bad idea. That was a lot less dangerous since he'll be around so when she offered for him to join he quickly shouted out his. “YES I'D LOVE TO GO!” Honestly that wasn't such a bad idea since they both were practically are inuzuka, much less they were fox inuzuka's so hunting for something was in their blood. "Are we going for something big or something small.” He asked. “I know that there bigger things in the darker parts but if we are looking for something smaller that's fine with me too.” The masked rogue said, quickly getting on all fours then he began to crawl in zig zags with the same grace as a wild animal, sniffing around to use his sense of smell to find something. His Nine tails almost looked like nine puffy fur pillows that whipped around behind him. Maru was never really ashamed of acting like an animal, Kawaii made him crawl around alot through the village and play like he was a dog but now he actually had a purpose behind him doing this now.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yoko felt her tail spike up and her ears stand tall as a suddenly hand came down upon her head. Her eyes glared daggers at Maru as he gave her head pats. ‘How dare he…think he can…huh…’ Yoko found her ears falling down slightly and herself relaxing a bit. She did not enjoy this…well okay maybe a bit but Maru will never know that. If she admitted to liking something he could hold it over her head. As he mentioned all she needed is a nice kimono her flash blushed ever so slightly. “If it pleases you to pamper me then by all means, I would love a kimono fit for a proper Fox Spirt.” A proper kimono would look lovely and then she walk around and get compliments…ahh yes the life…she purred a bit with the dream combined with the ruffling of her hair.

Maru stopped patting her head and it took a minute for her to realize…her tail swishing once or twice quickly and her eyes blinking…As she took a glance over to Maru she tilted her head. “Well yes of course it is dangerous. Most people like to stay alive…I think though the Bandits of the Spine mission was probably the hardest one for Airi, it was before I could really take over. Thank goodness she had holy chakra at the time or those wounds might have been fatal.” Yoko could recall her own panic at that time but Airi managed well enough. “Even still the most recent mission went fine, I took over for the most part…just easier overall.”

Yoko was digging a hole for Airi but she did not really care either way. Maru was her dad he was going to figure things out sooner or later. As long as he did not start watching her like a hawk everything was fine. Mary seemed like a free spirit not a Noble.

Maru seemed excited about the hunting and this kind of put her in a good mood. Maru got down on all fours and Yoko had to cover her mouth a bit to keep from outright laughing. Airi loved him…but did Yoko? If it was a matter of life and death she would probably say yes…but only in such a circumstance. As he crawled around Yoko wondered why he had nine-tails and they only got one…sort of unfair if you asked her. “Size matters not as long as it is fast Oto-san. I want it to play, and make it despair, before we catch it.” She was unsure if Airi had ever showed him…but knowing how fast he was she needed to do this so he could even get close to having fun with him really enjoying it.

Yoko took in a deep breath and undid her chakra gates like a dress. “Third Gate…Fourth Gate…Sixth Gate:…” Yoko felt the chakra begin to erupt from here body. She did it easily and held the power like she had done it forever…mainly due to Airi really taking the stress…not that Oto-san needed to know that bit. Airi could handle one gate without trouble, two was tough, and three was her max before the effects really started to bother her. As such Yoko decided for sport she would keep it to three. With her physicality’s boosted beyond reason she looked at her father.

“Now then Oto-san…lets run a little wild tonight! Let’s have a…normal…father daughter outing!” Yoko began to chuckle as she started to run off into the night. She had a low chance of losing her father but wasn’t that the biggest fun of all. Trying to lose a powerful shinobi…Yoko would try…maybe towards the end.

[Topic left for a normal evening]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back