Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private A path chosen (request Kitsune)

Ayana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Ayana stood in front of the hospital, her body is shaking. Why? Because ever since she started this road on becoming a ninja, she never had to make a real decision. One that would decide how she will live from now on. Maru's words echoed in her head, You both can go apply for your Gennin exams and even get a foot into any branch you want.

That was the last time she spoke to him. She doesn't really trust the dude, but he had taught her one thing. Don't trust people like him because they always got something up their sleeves to make other people's lives a living hell. But the least he did was tutor her. Otherwise she trained herself. But... He had also said that she now has the choice to pick any of the three branches. Ayana had given it some good thoughts, and had finally decided to go to the Medical Branch. What was her reasoning for wanting to join the Medical Branch? To keep people from dying? Sure helping people not die is nice, but it isn't what she truly want. She wants to know more about her own psyche. Be able to bring back her own memories and keep them. And not have to go through another memory episode where she freaks out when a certain word or phrase is said.

Ayana took a deep breath and walked in. Inside, there were doctors walking around, not rushing, but moving with a purpose, this way and that as they attended their patients. The girl made her way to the reception desk and brushed her hair out of her face before talking to the lady behind the desk, "Excuse me, Miss. I was wondering if I can speak to someone senior, it's about joining the Medical Branch."

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The receptionist looked up from her paperwork and looked at the young girl standing at the desk, asking to speak to someone about joining the medical branch. She pondered for a second about who to call over for such a thing. The medical Sennin had been so engrossed in his work that others had to step in and cover in certain areas. Eventually she settled on sending a message to the Raikage, who had previously been Medical Sennin and as such still held considerable power in the branch, even outside being the leader of the village. ”Of course, dear. I’ve sent a message to someone who can assist you in the matter. Please take a seat in the waiting area over to the right of you.” she replied with a smile and resumed her paperwork.

As Ayana’s luck would have it, Kitsune was in the building at the time when she got the message, and strolled leisurely over to the waiting area where Ayana was waiting. As had become customary for Kitsune, she was wearing a dark gray three-piece suit that accentuated the shapes of her bust and hips, and her long bright fiery-red hair flowed down her shoulders and back. ”So, you wish to join the medical branch?” she asked with a gentle smile, as she arrived at where Ayana was sitting. ”Follow me and we’ll get you sorted out.” she continued and gestured for her to follow.

Kitsune would bring Ayana to an adjacent unoccupied office and ask her to take a seat in front of the desk, while she walked around it to the chair behind the desk and sat down. ”First of all, how about we do introductions? I’m Duchess Shinrya Kitsune, the 11th Raikage. And your name is?” she asked with the same gentle smile as before. She kinda figured that Ayana would already know who Kitsune was, but it never hurt to follow protocol.

[MFT; WC: 320]

Ayana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Ayana did as she was told and sat down in the waiting room. She wondered what kind of person would show up to see if she is able to join the Medical Branch. With her luck, as she recently met a colorful, yet strange individuals that might make her rethink her decision. Though only one of these 'colorful' individuals was someone she would want to keep hanging out with. Kotone. She doesn't know where the other girl who was her age, but fast temper was now. She can only hope the other girl is doing good.

Lost in her thoughts, she was almost startled when she looked over and saw a crimson haired woman walk her way. Ayana had to admit, she had the sense of familiarity and like she saw this woman around somewhere, but she doesn't really know. The woman looked right at her, and asked her if she wanted to join the Medical Branch, in which Ayana, at a loss of words, could only nod. She seemed nice enough. The older woman told her to follow, and Ayana did.

Well, at least this woman seems okay right now. No randomly yelling, no feeling of utter chaosness. The sense of normality was almost strange to Ayana. The older woman finally brought her to an office where they both sat down. Despite the gentleness this woman is giving off, Ayana does sense a sense of authority surrounding the woman. And as the woman spoke of introductions, was when it finally snapped into place for Ayana. She is the Raikage. It never dawned on her that she would be talking with the Raikage. Then again, lost in her own thoughts, she never really payed much attention to anything outside of her own investigation.

Then the Raikage had asked her for her own name. "My... My um name is... It's Ayana." Drats, she thought she was done with this hard to talk business when she had insulted Maru that one time when he had first given her a tutoring session. She just hopes that she hasn't made a complete fool of herself in front of the Raikage.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune smiled “Ayana-chan, then. This is a mere formality really, but, what makes you want to join the medical branch?” she asked in a calm tone, to try and make Ayana loosen up and be less stiff. ”Also, don’t consider this an interview. Think of it as a friendly chat.” she said. She remembered her own induction into the branch, consisting of first having to become a genin, then passing a medically themed written examination, and later on, an arduous medical exam that covered everything from surgery to internal medicine. It was tough, but hey, it worked. She passed, and made it to mednin.

”Right, and just because I’m curious. What sort of work could you see yourself doing in the medical branch? Internal medicine? Surgery? Pharmacology? Maybe general practice?” she asked, genuinely curious to hear Ayana’s thoughts on the whole ordeal. It was always good to get an idea of what they wanted to do, and where they wanted to go with their career. In Kitsunes case it had been pretty straight forward. She focused on surgery, eventually surpassing her teacher and becoming the head of the surgical department. Later she switched gears and began focusing on research, and preservation of bloodline organs, to try and unlock their latent powers.

Now she mostly handled the administrative work of the village in relation to the shinobi branches; being the stand-in for the ANBU Sennin as there weren’t one presently, although Kitsune was currently grooming a candidate for that position. Maybe Ayana could be groomed for an eventual senninship as well. Who knows?

[MFT; WC: 262]

Ayana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Ayana's heart skipped a beat when the Raikage asked her why she wants to join he Medical Branch, and reassured her that this is not an interview.

The girl took a deep breath. She collected her thoughts on how to say what she wanted to say. "The reason, Raikage-sama, is because the past few months have been hard for me. But in a different way than most would interpret. A few months ago I had the feeling that I was missing something. Shortly after, I met another girl my age, that called me space case when we started to talk about my family. I... I didn't know then, but after that, I started to wonder if what she said and what I felt like I was missing were connected. I snooped around my Aunt and Uncle's house looking for clues when I came across a medical bill with me as the patient. The words 'dissociative amnesia' came up. With that, I dug around and found out that that word meant that my brain seems to be purposefully forgetting something. As the reason why, it has to be something traumatic for the brain to do such a thing."

She paused, thinking this all through in her head. She must sound either dumb or crazy to the Raikage now, some sort of story that happens in those realistic fiction books, something that could happen, but most likely won't kind of thing.

"I usually just get headaches, but from sometimes looking at the reactions on other people's faces, I guess I have an episode. Where something seemed to replay in my mind and I act and react to it, only to forget it happened after the episode is done. So... I guess that is why I want to join the Medical Branch. To find out more of this mental disorder I have and find a way to reverse it."

After that, Kitsune asked her what kind of work does she see herself doing in the Medical Branch. In all honesty, something along the lines of research would help. But there was one other thing that bugged her.

"I want to work in the field. Where I go on missions with others. More specifically, ones with ANBU. They somehow also tie in with my ordeal of missing something. Ever since I have had that feeling of missing something, they have always been around, watching me. Keeping tabs on me. Now I know I could try and join their ranks to learn the truth behind whatever it is that I don't know, but the factor remains of would it really be enough for me to permanently remember the things in my life that I am missing? If I were to work moreso as a medical ninja I would be able to learn what I am missing, as also working side by side with the anbu to learn to deal with what might be a hard truth to accept once I finally permanently have my memories."

With that, Ayana stopped. Even she realized that all that she said was basically crazy. But she was in too deep with her plan now. "I know that this all sounds really crazy. But I want to be in control of my own mind. I want to know what I am missing. Even if it hurts to know the truth. I... I don't want to hide from the truth. And that is the path I choose for myself."

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune listened attentively to Ayana’s words, specifically about her amnesia and her future desires to work together with the ANBU branch in a medical capacity. As someone who for a long time didn’t know she had family out in the countryside, family that maintained an entire province in her clans name, Kitsune could definitely emphasize with the poor girl. ”I can see where you’re coming from. Not knowing your past, is horrifying. And I can relate to that as for a long while, I didn’t know I had family out in the countryside. Now I do know, and I’m happier for it, because it means I’m not alone.” she said, a slight smile playing on her lips.

As for the business about the medical division working with the ANBU branch, that’d take some work, but if Ayana could demonstrate improvements, Kitsune would eventually let her join that division. ”Well, at first, you’ll have to pass the general genin exam. Once you’ve done so, come let me know, and I’ll make you an official member of the branch. There’s a standardized course to take at first, but when you’ve passed that and become a proper mednin, you’ll be able to pick a division to focus on.” Kitsune explained, outlining the path Ayana could take from here ”The division that works together with the ANBU has stricter requirements, and while you’ve got episodes where you become unresponsive, I can’t recommend you joining that.” she said, musing a bit on what Ayana said she wanted to do.

”There’s the research division however. I’m sure joining that would give you a great opportunity to work on your memory, and familiarize yourself with the various divisions. Remember, it’s not just medicinal research that division performs. It’s equipment and procedures too. Maybe you’ll even come up with one for treating amnesia.” Kitsune finished with a chuckle, waiting to see what Ayana would do.

[MFT; WC: 317]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back