Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Revelation [private]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward sat at the lunch table with his head down. It was not a pretty sight with the kitchen in a mess. The kettle he would have used to make him ramen noodles had malfunctioned again. For some very strange reason the kettle decided to melt. The Steward didn't think he had turned it that high. Apparently he had and not keeping an eye on things was also not in his best interest. The Steward rose his head and looked at the ruin that was the kettle. His eyes narrowed upon its form. "Uh-oh. Someone looks grumpy."<i></i> Came the voice of the Steward's mother who snuck her way in. The Masashi looked at her son and then looked at the kettle. "Again? This is the fourth one this year. Are you truly incapable of making your own food?"<i></i> Chiyoko's question went unanswered. She placed her hands on her hips and attempted to continue the berating of her son. "You're not going to get a woman if you can't cook. Your own father was an incapable man, but at least he could make toast."<i></i> The Steward again returned to having his face down on the lunch table. The berating continued more, "Who is going to cook and make sure you have regular meals should the worst occur to me or Kuro? Or his mother for that matter?"<i></i> Again. Silence.

"Where is Okibi?"<i></i> Came the question.

This time she received an answer. The Steward turned his head to its side. "Unknown. Variable. Most likely roaming the Grand Palais with her latest acquaintance."<i></i> Chiyoko snorted. She was still uncertain of Shirahira it would seem. While she accepted him, he had yet to prove to be truly useful.

"Didn't you create Su for this reason in particular?"<i></i> Came the next question.

"Su spends more time sleeping than being awake. Okibi doesn't like to take Su out either because she is afraid of breaking her. I thought I could teach Okibi caution in the extreme."<i></i> The steward spoke mechanically. "End Result: Nil. Incomplete. Failure."<i></i>

Chiyoko folded her arms. "And Number Seven? Where has he been? That ebony terror had a better resistance to my hypnotic suggestion that I thought. Either that or his mind is unhinged ... that or he has a nerve no one can strike."<i></i>

The Steward rose his head up. "I don't condone the use of hypnotic suggestions for your own personal gain mother."<i></i>

Chiyoko snorted again. "It's important - there are some things he needs to know."<i></i>

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Being apart from Okibi was not something that Seven was unaccustomed to. There were many a day when they had to split up to find food or shelter before they moved into the village, but even when both were readily available, the dog often found himself wondering just where his human had wondered off to. He'd grown used to losing track of her a long time ago; trying to retain the girl was like trying to contain the wind. It just wasnt going to happen.

While he currently wasnt sure of his humans whereabouts, he wasnt worried either. Seven was almost certain that she was off with Shiraha, her newest friend, probably getting into some trouble or other. If anything, Getsurei was sure to look out for them, intangible though his form may be. The ghost wolf had a wit about him that was uncanny.

But Seven had other things he had to attend to. An urge had been bothering him as of late, and it just wouldnt leave him alone. For some reason that wasnt quite clear to him he just felt like he had to go talk to Chiyoko. When the distracting compulsion had nearly caused him to walk into a wall headfirst, he'd grown tired of it and decided to just give in and go see if he could get rid of it by talking to the woman. Normally he tried his best to avoid her simply because he knew his presence bothered her, but this just had to be dealt with.

Thankfully, he'd had the mind to ask Okibi to cast her beast clone jutsu on him before he'd left her to her own devices that morning. What became of her after that, again, he wasnt sure. His business was at the Kazekage tower.

The large dog lumbered down the halls in his reworked, newly modified human form. He was just as large as before, if not a bit broader in the shoulders, but incredibly younger. His spikey black hair brushed the door frame of the lunch room as he walked through. He sniffled loudly and rubbed his nose with a gloved hand as he spotted the human's he'd been tracking. "My nose is tingling. Was someone talking about me?" He asked playfully, stopping short of Chiyoko and Sousuke by a good six or so feet. He didnt want to completely set the woman off, after all.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward's eyes shifted over from his mother to Number Seven who had decidedly to show up in such a timely fashion. "I think the saying for a moment like this is ... 'speak of the devil and he shall alive'? Not that Number Seven is any devil. He is a proper gentleman."<i></i> The Steward spoke casually and finally sat up properly. His eyes shifted from Number seven to his mother and back to Number Seven. "That is a new Inuzuka familiar form for you, isn't it? It seems to be more ... ah ... it's younger."<i></i> The Steward rolled up the sleeve of his lab coat to reveal his watch. "Ah. It's three twenty-two. I should prepare for my weekly round of base jumping."<i></i> The Steward rose up from the table. He was about to leave the room when he turned for a moment. "Ah...?"<i></i>

For the first time perhaps ever Chiyoko wasn't freaking out about Number Seven. His mother in fact had not even so much as let out a cry of frustration or fright. The Steward for a moment shifted glances from Number Seven to his mother. "Something is amiss here..."<i></i>

Chiyoko raised her hand. "No it's alright. I'll be fine. You go enjoy your hobby. I still can't really understand why you have decided to go do such a thing. I'd be scared stiff, but I think it's good for you... in some manner. Wouldn't you agree Number Seven?"<i></i> Chiyoko smiled very so slightly. "You go now. I'll go order a new kettle or something."<i></i> Sousuke nodded and made his way out of the lunchroom as he did so his armour began activate. The ticks and clicks could be heard as he made his way out.

"Base jumping. Hrmph. He never did such things before. His father wasn't an overly adventurous sort either. It must have been you or Okibi's influence. He's changed, for the better of course. Still doesn't smile or show any real expression, but I suppose that'll come some day."<i></i> Chiyoko said as she went to go get a can of soda from the fridge. "What do you make of him? Would you have ever guessed that he's the regent lord of the village? Or that he was picked on during his years at academy?"<i></i>

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seven smiled at Sousuke's commentary. He was aware that his new form was much younger in appearance, and honestly he preferred it that way. In human years, he was only a bit older than Sousuke himself, and would rather be thought of in such a manner when he took on a human appearance. He had a habit of behaving more like a father, but who said he couldnt be a young father?

A bark of laughter bubbled out of him when Sousuke found something off about Chiyoko's tolerance of him in that moment. The canine found it odd himself, but didnt think to mention it. Perhaps now he could take some joy in it, and maybe even poke a little fun at the woman later. For the moment, however, he sat quietly. Once Sousuke was gone, he turned his undivided attention on Chiyoko, following her movements with his glass eyes as he walked about the kitchen.

Her mention of Okibi caught in his ears immediately. The concept of Okibi's character rubbing off on someone like Sousuke wasnt that hard to fathom; she had a very strong spirit. Even he had a hard time keeping himself from being swept up by her sometimes.

He focused back in on Chiyoko. "Considering I didnt know much about human hierarchy before I came here, I dont think I could have made any guesses on the matter initially. However, I would not have pegged Sousuke for being the... 'alpha', as we canines would say. He's not very large." Seven paused and lumbered towards the table, taking the seat that the steward had vacated. He leaned back and crossed his arms lightly. "He is perhaps one of the most intelligent humans I have ever met though, if not the most. Although, the man who made me what I am could probably give him a run for his money, loathed though I am to admit it." His voice trailed off slightly and his gaze strayed to the side.

But then it was snapping back to Chiyoko once more. He didnt go to the tower so that he could pity himself and his past, but to find out whether or not there was really anything that the woman needed to speak with him about. "I dont know why it is I am here Miss Chiyoko, but I felt a very strong urge to come see you. What do you make of that?" He tilted his head curiously, much the way a pup would and sat silently as he waited for her answer.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Chiyoko paused for a moment, she opened the fridge and prepared a glass of water for Number Seven. It felt strange having to do so. She hoped that nothing weird would become of this, and that Number seven knew how to properly drink out of a glass. When she returned to the table she slid his glass of water across to him. "Sousuke is quite small. He works out and eats right. He's still a fragile thing. When he dons his armour, he makes up for his fragility in some ways. It must be a Takahashi thing, he's got my hair and good looks but I did wish he was a tad taller."<i></i> Chiyoko sipped on her drink. Her eyes narrowed, "I'm surprised you don't refer to him as the runt, or a pup... in the form of a jest of course be it ... a nickname even."<i></i>

Chiyoko mulled over the thought of the 'good doctor'. Chiyoko heard of this person in passing, but knew better than to talk about it. It was a sore subject and rightfully so of course. In that moment . Chiyoko in fact resented the Uchiha elder to a degree. The man oftentimes times tried to extend his reach into the Masashi household, and failed each and every time. He was a crafty old man, but even he had his limits. Her icy blue eyes shifted to the surface of the table, and in a moment her mind slipped. She didn't catch what Number Seven has said initially. "What? Oh. Yes. That was my doing."<i></i> She began, "A little genjutsu trick of mine. I planted in your mind the suggestion to see me..."<i></i> She paused and exhaled. This was where things was going to get difficult. "You would never expect it, but I feel that I can trust you what I am going to say or the simple fact that I do trust you most times. I am merely planning a head should the worst occur. There are things you need to know that should not to be shared with others."<i></i> She began. "First... I keep a diary. I write in it every night before I go to bed. I want you to burn it the moment I'm declared dead. Incinerate every single page, and book you find in my top drawer next to my bed. I always sleep literally facing the east."<i></i> That was a simple enough request. why though would she make such a request? Number Seven had the right to know.

"There is a saying my father had used once, laughter is said to be the language of the soul. Humor is the health of the soul. Saddness is its poison. You've heard Judori and I laugh, and you've seen me brood. What does this tell you about our son?"<i></i>

While Number Seven and spoke, the Steward prepared himself for his base jump. The Steward first checked his armoured feet. Everything was intact. A good landing required good footing. The Steward next went over the contents of his backpack making sure that the parachute wasn't torn or damaged. Unfortunately the one he was going to use was torn, and thus he needed to pull it out and replace it.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The thought of calling Sousuke anything like a runt had never occurred to Seven before. He looked away as he considered the idea, and laughed under his breath. He couldnt imagine that the Steward would take very well to such a nick name, even if he was emotionally challenged. "That wouldnt be very nice." He murmured under his breath as a lull in the conversation rolled in. He watched as Chiyoko seemed to lose herself in her own head for a moment, only to snap back in after he asked about why he was there.

So she had hypnotically suggested something to him did she? Quite a feat, considering he had never realized what had been going on. That was nearly as surprising at what she said next, however. Seven couldnt help the way his jaw became unhinged and hung open; thats how floored he was by Chiyoko's statements. She actually trusted him? He never would have guessed!

He sensed that the conversation was about to take a turn for the dark, and tamped down his desire to jest with the woman. Seven sat back further in his chair, regarding Chiyoko with a serious stare. The task she bestowed upon him was a morbid one and it left him feeling slightly at a loss. She wanted him to burn her diary should she ever kick the bucket. The thought of her dying at all was enough to settle a cloud of melancholy over his spirits. Although she declared to having trust for him, he and everyone else knew that it was a begrudging trust; it wasnt something she wanted to give him. Regardless of how she felt about him however, Seven respected the lady a great deal, solely because she accepted him and Okibi into her house, despite her distaste for him. That alone was enough to earn his canine affection.

"I will hope that the day never comes that I have to burn that book, Miss Chiyoko." Seven said quietly, looking at the floor with a frown that hinted at sadness. He tried not to let it linger as they moved onto another subject. Seven rose his head with a confused eyebrow. He wasnt quite sure how this tied in with Chiyoko's diary. His brow wrinkled as he thought. Indeed, he'd seen the parents of the Steward display all manner of emotion before, but very rarely did their son. He smiled that one time, but that hardly counted: it'd look more like a grimace really. What exactly was she getting at?

"Are you suggesting that there is something wrong with Sousuke's soul, Ma'am?" He finally said after much thought. Seven spoke in a quiet voice that would not echo out of the room. Saying such things couldnt possibly be good should someone over hear right?

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Chiyoko's eyes shifted from Number Seven to the table. "Suggest? No, more than suggest. I know."<i></i> There was an emphasis placed on the last word of her sentence. "Sousuke has been... how can I put this. His world is expanding. He's bound to worldly logic of varying sorts. Things like Getsurei to him, and even particular breeds of demons to a degree are kept away from him. Granted House Toraono is an exception. No evil will be done unto him by that house."<i></i> Another pause . "For a long time I've kept what I specialize in a secret to my son, and I have retired from that life."<i></i> The Masashi explained. "My house, the Masashi deal in the paranormal. We're spiritual and demonic executioners. I once made an error twenty-three years ago and stayed my hand from putting a young demon to the sword. In that moment that demon attempted a possession. Like Getsurei did when Sousuke allowed him entry into that metallic look-a-like for you."<i></i> Chiyoko gave Number Seven a minute to try and comprehend what she was speaking of as it was perhaps outside of even his experiences or world.

"I made an error, at the time and thought that he was attempting to possess me. I made the correct seals and attempted the exorcism. Exorcism is when one tries to expel a demonic or spectral force. It's ... messy."<i></i> She explained. Chiyoko's colour began to fade as she continued to talk. "The demon infant knew what I was going to do as it is a natrual reaction. It was ... clever enough to target not me, but the child I was carrying. Sousuke was in his first trimester. People argue about when life starts, and apparently to a demon an unborn child has life enough to attempt a possession."<i></i> Chiyoko's eyes narrowed as a very hateful expression came over her face. It was a hatred that made even her discontent of Number Seven seem trivial. She dug her nails into the table and attempted to calm herself down. "I had been fighting for hours, and I was exhausted. I had to save my unborn son, and so I preformed the exorcism again. The problem is that one has to have a will to expel the entity in order for it to work, and Sousuke's brain was developing. The exorcism half worked. Unfortunately the demon when he was extracted took with it a large portion of Sousuke's soul. When the extraction was completed I delivered my foe to oblivion. I burned it with black flames of my bloodline."<i></i> Chiyoko looked up the hate in her eyes was still present. "My son came into this world with some difficulty many months later. During the remaining months of my pregnancy I worked with Queen Azame to attempt to repair my son's damaged soul. Nothing worked, but we were able to make sure he would be able to repel future possessions."<i></i>

"The first time I watched Getsurei in that shell, I ... ... ... was reminded of those days. I suggested to him it was unwise to betray Sousuke, much like I put the suggestion in your mind. Maybe it was foolish of me to do so, but it was a pre-caution. Things just keep getting harder these days. I thought things would quiet down once I got past thirty, but Sousuke is quickly becoming aware of how expansive this world is."<i></i> Chiyoko shook her head. "No harm will come to Getsurei, but in extreme cases his kind are ... what my clan has hunted and put to the sword."<i></i>

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Chiyoko laid bare her soul to him, Number Seven silently listened while wringing his hands around the glass of water she gave him. In all honesty, he didnt quite know how to handle the situation. That the woman was willing to talk to him at any length at all was astonishing, but she was giving him much more than just the few words he'd come to expect. He couldnt get a word in, but that really wasnt a problem. The more he listened, the more it sounded like Chiyoko just needed to get a whole lot off her chest.

And the hate, oh how he could sense her hate. His instincts alone were telling him to shy away from something so hostile, but Seven was much more than just a beast. He understood that this hatred was directed at something other than himself, and in fact, it made her dislike for him seem absolutely meager in comparison. Demons... he'd never met one himself, but if they were so bad that Chiyoko would come to hate them so much (no matter what he occupation was) perhaps he never wanted to.

When the women got to the part dealing with the demons extraction from her body, Seven's head snapped up and his eyes widened just a bit. He put a hand to his chest, feeling a great, sudden sympathy for the young steward of their village. No wonder he had such a hard to expressing himself. How can you express something you dont have?

Perhaps he would have to instruct Okibi to give the man more hugs on a regular basis.

When finally Chiyoko was finished, Seven could only look at her for a while, still somewhat shocked. How do you take the news that your friend was living with only a portion of his soul? The canine wasnt quite sure. Clearing his throat, Seven looked away and drew one of his fingers around the top of his glass, creating a high pitched squeaking sound. "That's quite the tale Miss Chiyoko. I dont blame you for taking precautions to protect your son." He looked to the side for a moment, quietly thinking, before looking up at the woman again. "Is everything you just told me in your diary as well? Is that why you want it to be destroyed should you meet your end?" Of course, Seven could imagine that such information on the village leader could be detrimental. A weak soul in many cases could spell doom for a person...

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Chiyoko nodded her head. "People drink their problems away, I merely write mine out. Not the brightest thing to do perhaps, but humans have always had a funny way of dealing with things."<i></i> The Masashi took a sip from her glass. She snorted and turned her head to the side. "You probably can't help but look at Sousuke differently now. A lot of his habits, and other things must now make a lot of sense. I don't think Okibi will be able to grasp the concept of my son's ... disability? I think it's best she's left in the dark on this on. Eventually people accept these things over time. Granted of course Okibi isn't a young child, but a teenager so her fully accepting and acknowledging my son's state will be ..."<i></i> She paused for a moment. Okibi wasn't like most children. "I honestly don't know. She might try to fight the concept of acceptance or leaving well enough alone? Teenagers are rebellious creatures for the most part. I know I was rebellious when I was her age, Sousuke wasn't... he did as he was told."<i></i>

Chiyoko exhaled, and let our a short chuckle. "I seriously can't accept myself as a grandmother yet. Sousuke is technically a legal guard over Okibi until she turns eighteen. Does Sousuke come off more as brother figure or a fatherly figure? Towards Okibi I mean. I wouldn't peg you to be around his age. Certainly you act older, like maybe a decade behind Judori. What do you see Sousuke as? Friend? Family? It's hard to ask Okibi these things, but you obviously get this more so. I consider you ... a friend. I can't believe Judori accepted talking to you faster than I have."<i></i>

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Look at Sousuke differently? Seven considered this notion, and thought about the young Steward. Perhaps it wasnt so much that he 'looked and him differently' now as it was that he could now understand the mans behavior better. Seven grinned as the subject was turned to his human and couldnt help laughing just a little. It wasnt exactly that what Chiyoko said was funny, more than it was just simply true. "You're probably right, but I dont think its so much that Okibi will be unable to grasp Sousuke's condition as it is that she... will just think nothing of it. Despite the things she's said to him in the past, Okibi loves Sousuke in her own way, and will only ever insist that nothing is wrong with him anymore." The dog uncrossed his arms and smiled up at the ceiling. "She can be a real handful; stubborn, rebellious and so very headstrong... but she's an honest girl. I dont think she would ever hold Sousuke's shortcomings against him."

As the conversation turned to slightly lighter topics, such as grandparenthood and such, Seven got up out of his seat to stretch his legs a bit and walked over to a window. He laughed when Chiyoko said she thought he might be about ten years younger than Judori. "Miss Chiyoko, Im flattered that you think I am so mature, but I'm almost certain I've told you before that I am more or less around twenty five human years old. Actually, I think I was twenty four when I actually told you." He looked into the distance with a thoughtful look, bringing a hand to his chin. He then turned to his head in the womans direction so he could smile at her, stretching the scars on his face. "I'm closer in age to Sousuke than you think. So, I suppose I would consider him a friend... more-so a pack mate probably. Canine thinking and all."

Seven turned his gaze back to the window, observing the view he had of the village rooftops. "I'm not so sure what Okibi see's him as. From the way she treats him I would assume that she considers him something closer to an older brother. He isnt that much older than her after all. But if youre asking what I think Sousuke himself is in regards to her... well I think he tries his best to be some sort of authority figure, even if she doesnt always take him seriously." The canine laughed again as he turned slightly so he could lean against the window frame. "He's a good friend to both of us, if nothing else. We both consider him, and you and Judori for that matter, important parts of our new family, Miss Chiyoko."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Chiyoko hoped that for many years to come Okibi would not hold any short comings against him. Teenagers had a habit of growing rebellious and challenging. "Thank-you for your honesty."<i></i> She spoke. Number Seven would have very little to gaining from lying. Chiyoko paused for a moment. "I'm content with her thinking of him as an older brother. I don't age well... or at least that's what I think."<i></i> Chiyoko laughed weakly. Following that came a loud clank. Chiyoko fell out of chair and got up quickly dusting herself off. "I meant to do that."<i></i> Chiyoko looked up once more. "I better go find out if that's Judori or Sousuke. It sounds like one of them had something fall over that warrants my attention."<i></i> Chiyoko's eyes narrowed as she gripped her drinking glass so hard it began to crack at the sides.

"Oh. By the way. I had a long chat with Judori. I thought I didn't need to ask, but he thought I should. We ought to get your fur cut. You know snip snip? I thought to do it while you were sleeping or something, but Judori told me you don't like waking up to weird things happening to you. I don't see why though. It's not like I'm going to put ribbons on your ears or something."<i></i> Chiyoko heard another clank and bit her lip. "What the devil are they doing? Are they trying to bring the tower down?"<i></i> Chiyoko then proceeded to stomp out of the kitchen and up the stairs leaving Number Seven to himself and his thoughts.

(Sousuke/Chiyoko have left the topic)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back