Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private A Reward Within Itself

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It was a beautiful day in Konoha. Perfect for a picnic. Karasu and her father Hiro got all the necessities that they needed. Karasu had told Jirou to meet them at Hokage Rock for a picnic. Karasu and Hiro took off earlier to set up everything. The young Genin looked out from atop the mountain to see the countryside. She had heard there was a civil war in the past. In her mind she could not imagine being in a war though she had to admit she had learned of several villages close to where she was originally from being in constant war. Her family had always kept her safe from it. ‘To think this beautiful land was part of a war.’ She guessed that was just the way of the world. Peace never lasted.

Hiro was in his wheelchair but brought along his crutches too which detracted in and out which made it easy to carry and fold. He rolled up toward Karasu “I got everything set up.” he motioned to the blanket on the grass with pillows surrounding it. There were also bowls of food in the middle. It was a variety of foods that Karasu and Hiro favored from different villages that they traveled to. “Just waiting on Jirou and Kashikoi. I even got the pup some delicious dishes he can eat. They shouldn’t be long. They probably went for their daily walk first before arriving here.” Karasu nodded “It all looks beautiful dad. You did an amazing job. “ she smiled as she went to the picnic area and sat down on the blanket. Hiro followed behind her and used a lever that he made to lower himself down so he can be at a good level with her as she was on the blanket. There was a slight breeze but nothing that could interrupt this fine day.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou had gotten the invitation to join Karasu and Hiro up on Hokage Rock for a picnic. He couldn't remember when the last time was that he had been invited on a picnic. It was his routine to take Kashikoi on his walk and then go get some training in before lunch. They could not let up on their routine if they were to continue improving and getting stronger. Since he had come to live with Karasu and Hiro, Jirou felt happier and more focused on his training. This new feeling of belonging scared him. He and Kashikoi had been on their own for a long time. His own family were gone and he was unsure if they would leave him too. They might get sick of him and tell him to leave. If that happened he and Kashikoi would be on their own again. He wanted very much to be a part of a family, but up to this point no one else had even bothered with him. He and Kashikoi had their own room and a warm bed to sleep in. That was more than enough. He would do what he could to contribute to the household and help out. Jirou realized that they needed to stop training and head up to Hokage Rock for the picnic. He felt exhilarated and tired. It was a good time to stop training and go relax.​

Jirou and Kashikoi started for Hokage Rock making the long climb up to the top. It would be past noon time before they finally reached the area where Karasu and Hiro had set up a very impressive spread. He blinked looking almost embarrassed, “This looks really amazing. Our walk took a bit longer than we thought. Is there anything I can do to help?” It looked to him like they had just finished setting up but he couldn’t be sure.​

[WC: 315]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu added a few things down on the blanket when she saw Kashikoi first followed by Jirou. The wolf pup was panting and wagging his tail. Karasu petted his head “Hey boy we got some food for you too here” she grinned then looked up at Jirou. “Hey glad you two could make it.” Hiro smiled as he patted Kashikoi on the head “I can see Kash is as excited as ever. Must have been a good walk. I sense some training went on too.” He said to Jirou. Karasu motioned to Jirou to sit down. “It’s a beautiful day for the picnic. Better than I could have hoped for.”

The food was spread out in the center of the blanket. There were rice balls, ramen, barbeque pork and a whole lot of vegetables and fruit. “Dad went all out with this.” she said, then looked at both Jirou and Kashikoi. “I bet you guys are hungry right? Usually after training gets me hungry. Let’s start to eat.” She clasped her hands together in a praying motion before saying “Thank you for the food!” Karasu was very hungry as well. She grabbed a paper plate that was on the blanket with some chopsticks then piled food on her plate.

After a few moments of silence where only the sounds of birds flying by and their munching on food could be heard. Karasu looked at everyone “I am glad we are having this picnic now. I know things are going to be a bit busy for us, that we may not have the time to do this again in a while. You know I just became Genin and will be heading off to my mission. Jirou and Kashikoi will be Genin soon too, I just know it. That means we will be on our way to missions which will leave dad all by himself. So this time we have to spend together is special.”

Karasu took a few bites of her rice ball and savored the taste. “I have to say the food is so good dad. You have out done yourself. “ she grinned Hiro smiled “I’m glad you like it. “ Hiro’s face got a bit somber before talking. “I know that things will be changing now that all of you are or will be Genin soon. Your time will not be like it used to. I miss those days going off on missions to different lands. It was both exhilarating and scary at the same time. Though I can’t go on missions anymore I am still a ninja at heart. I understand what all of you must be going through in these precious moments that you are experiencing. I want to tell you all that I am so very proud of you. “ He looked at Jirou and Kashikoi. “I know you both are not my kin but honestly I think of you as my own kin. That will never change. “

Karasu's eyes started to tear up. “Aww dad that was beautiful. I know Jirou and Kashikoi are family. I couldn’t be any happier than I am now. I don’t know where I will be going on my mission but if there is a chance I can get a souvenir from there I will. I will try and bring back something for all of you. I will ask you Jirou and Kashikoi to take care of my dad while I’m away. Not that he can’t handle himself. Still I have never been apart from him more than a day. “ Hiro chimed in “Yo I’m still a ninja. Just because I can’t fully walk on my own doesn’t mean I can’t formulate chakra. I still have my weapons on me at all times. So I can take care of myself. “ he then looked to Jirou “I don’t mind having help around the house though.” he winked

[WC: 644]
[MFT]

[OOC: Time bubbled to before Karasu went on her mission]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Taking his training katana off, Jirou sets it down on the picnic blanket before sitting down beside Kashikoi. He had never seen so much food at one time. He smiles at Karasu as he takes a plate and starts to fill it for Kashikoi. Jirou always made sure to feed him before he filled his own plate, “I know Kashikoi will love what was prepared. You are right. Both of us did get in training as well.” Eyes wide as he stares at all of the food before them he adds, “This is a real feast. We are both very hungry after training.” As though on cue his stomach rumbles a bit. Seeing that they prayed before eating, Jirou sets the plate down and closes his eyes expressing his silent thanks for the food and his new friends for taking them both in and giving them a place to live.​
The words from Hiro followed by Karasu about him being family had deeply affected him and he was on the verge of tears. He swallowed hard and looked towards the food taking up another plate to fill for himself with a little bit of everything. He spoke slowly after clearing his throat, “Kashikoi and I have been on our own for a long time. I will of course help out however I can,” his words directed towards Hiro before he continued and said to them both, “I think of you both like family too.” Kashikoi yips at them both in agreement and also it was his way of telling Jirou to hurry up and give him his plate. Kashikoi was hungry. Jirou realizes he had forgotten to set his plate before him and he moves the plate before Kashikoi, “Enjoy it boy. They even made you things they knew you would like.” In typical wolf fashion Kashikoi proceeds to inhale the meal.​
Jirou finishes filling his own plate and starts to eat beneath the beautiful blue sky, “This really is a perfect day for a picnic. I don’t think I have seen the sky so blue. This color and royal blue are my favorite colors too. I have always liked the color blue.” Hoping that he is not just rambling he starts to eat the barbeque pork genuinely enjoying the taste as he combines it with the rice ball, “I did not realize just how hungry I was. Training sure does take a lot out of you.” As Kashikoi finishes what is on his plate he looks around for more and then rolls over on his back his feet straight up in the air while having a very content look on his face. Jirou laughs as Kashikoi gets comfortable, “Kashikoi liked the food you made for him. That is his way of saying thank you.” He continues to eat from his plate feeling very happy and thankful. This was a perfect day and he felt very honored that they thought of him like family.​
[WC: 494]​
[MFT]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The day went on as they continued to eat, drink and talk. They were having a lot of fun just being there happy. It was one of the best moments that Karasu had in such a long time. It was a family moment that she missed so much. Though her mum wasn’t here, Jirou and Kashikoi were able to fill the void that was left. Even Hinata was part of the void even though he wasn’t here at the picnic. She found herself happy and that changed her mood and how she approached things. She was grateful for being here in the village. It changed her for the good. Before she used to be so timid because she wasn’t sure how people would react to her due to her past experiences. Now she didn’t care and people seemed to accept her for her.

Karasu looked at Jirou and petted Kashikoi. She set her plate aside and rubbed her belly. “Boy am I full. That was so good.” Hiro smiled at his daughter then said “Yes it was but the day isn’t over. I have something for both of you. “ Karasu looked at her dad with a surprised look. “What? What do you mean you have something?” So many thoughts went into her head as to what it could be. She had an idea on what he had for Jirou but for herself this was a shock.

Hiro reached for a huge bag that was on the back of his wheelchair. There seemed to be wrapped presents in it and one of them stuck out like a sore thumb. It was long and thin while the other present that Hiro got out was smaller and squarish. “Here you go Karasu” he said, handing her the small present then took the long present and gave it to Jirou. “This one is for you. I also got something for Kashikoi as well.” he took out what appeared to be a big bone with a red ribbon on it. “This is for you boy enjoy.”

Karasu unwrapped her present and saw that it was a box. She opened it up and saw a beautiful sapphire necklace with some wording etched into it. “Sakura” she gulped. “This was mum’s necklace.” she said as her eyes filled up in tears. She looked up at her dad then hugged him tightly “Thank you dad I love it.” she put the necklace on then glanced at Kashikoi who was already enjoying his bone. She waited to see what Jirou got. She knew what this present was. She had asked her dad to make Jirou a katana ever since she saw how he handled one in their Taijutsu class. She hadn’t seen what it looked like so this would be a surprise to her. “Well open it” she said with excitement toward Jirou.

[WC: 474]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the afternoon wore on the three of them enjoyed the good food before them and each other’s company. They laughed and talked together and it felt like he was part of their family. It had been a long time since he had felt like he was a part of a family. Even Kashikoi got into the spirit of the afternoon interjecting his yips periodically into the conversation. Jirou was full and couldn’t have imagined a better afternoon than this.​

When Hiro said that he had something for each of them Jirou looked surprised. For him the time spent together was more than enough. He certainly wasn’t expecting anything beyond that. He took the wrapped package that he was handed and passed the bone over to Kashikoi, "Here you go, boy." Kashikoi made short work of shredding the ribbon and got to the business of gnawing on his new bone happily. Jirou looked at the long thin package wrapped in blue and white paper bound with a gold rope ribbon. He held it in his lap while he watched Karasu open her package, “You didn’t have to get me anything. I am happy just being here with the both of you.” Smiling to Karasu when he sees what she has gotten he says to her, “That is really beautiful. I bet your mum would be really proud that you made genin too.” When Karasu urges him to open his present he looks down at it and starts to unwrap it slowly. His eyes go wide and his mouth drops open, when he slides the katana from its wrappings. He looks at Hiro tears suddenly welling in his eyes and says quietly, “Is this really for me?” Hiro nodded his head smiling widely, “Yes it is son.” Jirou sat there holding the katana in his hands speechless for several moments. The braiding was a deep blue and the guard was golden. Just below the guard and the spacer was the symbol of Raijin etched delicately into the Habaki. The ornament was a lightning bolt design on the handle. The perfectly braided blue wrapping wound around the handle. The pommel was gold like the guard and the spacers. The scabbard was just as beautiful. When he withdrew the blade from the scabbard the blade reflected the light of the sun. This was the best gift ever as he just stared at it, his lip quivering, “I.. I don’t know what to say. This is.. beautiful. I figured I would just be using the training katana until I could afford one. I.. I never expected this.” He was rambling and tears stained his cheeks. Raising himself up to his knees, Jirou leans forward and hugs Hiro tightly. He doesn’t let go for several moments, “Thank you again for this. I will never ever forget this.” Jirou would forever treasure the katana that he was given this day.​

Jirou wiped the tears from his face and smiled as he admired the blade and the workmanship. Hiro was a Master swordsmith. That much was certain and he knew that this blade was a part of him. He would have to think of a name, but at the moment he was leaning towards Wrath of Raijin. "Thank you so much for this. I cannot even express how I feel right now.” He hoped this day would never end and he would hold the memory of this day deep within his soul.​

[WC: 575]
Jirou's Sword.jpg

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu was cherishing her new sapphire necklace. She didn’t have much of anything from her mother. This necklace and the purple gem that is in the hilt of her sword are the only things she has. This is why she became so emotional over the gift that her father had given her. Now it was time for her friend Jirou to open his gift from her dad. She watched as Kashikoi was devouring the bone. A small chuckled could be heard from her as the wolf pup tore up the red ribbon that was on the bone. “He’s excited” she said then glanced at Jirou who seemed to be taking his time unwrapping unlike the wolf pup.

As Jirou slid the katana from the wrappings, she watched the expression on Jirou’s face. His eyes were welled up with tears just like she was with her own gift. A smile crept up on her face as well as more tears. She saw him hold the katana in silence for a moment taking it all in. “I saw how you were with that practice sword.” she told him. “You were so good and it seemed to come natural to you, so I told my dad about it. He decided to make you one.” Hiro nodded then chimed in “Yes I did. Not just anyone can use a sword. It takes a special skill and belief that you and the sword are one. It can’t be faked. That sword must be an extension of yourself to become in sync and fused with it as if it was your very own arm. Once that happens it will become a powerful ally in your arsenal.” The former Chuunin said with a sense of pride looking at Jirou.

Karasu eyes the katana and the craftsmanship that her father had put into it. Just like hers it was unique in every way. His katana had a beautiful deep blue braiding with a gold guard. There appeared to be something etched on it. She looked closer and saw that it had the symbol of Raijin which was very closely related to her mothers clan Santaru. The lightning bolt which both have in common. Hiro looked on to the young boy. “I hope you like it. I didn’t know what you would like so i made a guess and thought your surname would be good to add. “ He smiled as Jirou thanked him for the gift. “You are very welcome son. I hope that it serves you well. “

“I think it’s beautiful. You did an amazing job dad as always.”
Karasu replied then looked at her own Katana that her father made. “Maybe we can train together someday. “ She said with a grin on her face. She never really had anyone to spar with. Now that Jirou had his own sword, she just may get some real training in.

[WC: 480]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou listened to what Karasu said. He had no idea that she had even seen him in the class. He did remember how hard he had been practicing. He remembered the feel of the katana in his hand. When Hiro described the katana being an extension of him, those words rang true in his mind as he said, “It is the same with Kashikoi. He is also an extension of me and when we train it is as one unit. The katana feels the same way.” Jirou is still in shock, his hand closed around the hilt while he admires it adding in a quiet voice, “It is perfect.”

When Karasu mentions training together, Jirou smiles widely at the prospect. He says to her his voice teasing, “That would be great. I promise I will take it easy on you.” Hiro laughs at the easy rapport between the two as Jirou continues, “I can hardly wait to begin training with this. I will need a sparring partner to help me train and become stronger. Someday I am going to be the Hokage so I need to get stronger. I am going to make sure that bandits will be brought to justice.”

Jirou stands up and moves to an area away from the picnic blanket. He starts to warm up with his new katana. He feels the weight in his right hand and he starts to move in measured steps with the katana. The movement is slow to start with, while he lets his body adjust to the feel of this new extension of himself. Gradually he picks up speed feeling more confident. Kashikoi joins him and just like in the class the two move as a unit as though ready to take on an army of bandits. When Jirou and Kashiko finally come to a stop he closes his eyes and bows. He had no words to describe the exhilaration he felt and he motions for Kashikoi to come and sit back down on the blanket, “We need water. Thank you again. There is no way I will ever be able to thank you enough.” He slides the katana back into the scabbard and sits down on the blanket.​

[WC: 369]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu watched as Jirou admired his new katana. She smiled when Jirou said it was perfect. Hiro looked at the young boy “I’m glad you appreciate it. I think you will do well with it. “ Karasu nodded, then she made a smirk when Jirou responded to her request to train together. “Take it easy eh?” she said with a raised eyebrow. “Your last name may be Raijin but you have no idea on how the storm element works from one who has the bloodline of it.” she said in a sarcastic but playful way. “ We will see how that goes.” she said before continuing to listen to his plans for the future.

She heard him say he wanted to be Hokage. She blinked her big blue eyes so fast then said. “Well you are gonna have to get in line for that. I’m ahead of you on those plans.” she smirked. Jirou mentioned the bandits and her eyes looked down solemnly. She understood all too well but for her it was not just bandits but villagers. She had to come up with a plan to resolve the issues of what happened to her. It was far more difficult than just avenging bandits.

She noticed after a few moments that Jirou and Kashikoi got up from the blanket and started to do a little training. She watched as Jirou swung the sword trying to get the feel of it while the wolf pup was keeping up with him pacing and timing the movement of Jirou. When they finished they came back for a drink of water. “You both looked great out there. Really insync but then again you both are a team already. So it’s only natural that you both can keep in step with each other. “

Hiro looked on toward the village, seeing all the buildings and people living their lives. He turned back to Karasu, Jirou and Kashikoi. “You know the Leaf Village has given all of us a home that we never expected. I never knew there would be a village that would give such a warm welcome. I just want you all to know that don’t let anything get in the way of this blessing we all have been given. What you do from here on out is a reflection of the village. So remember to think on that before you do anything. “ he smiled at them all then said “Let’s start to clean up. I think we are done with our picnic for the day. Hopefully we can have more like this in the future when you both won’t be so busy. I also want to say good luck to Karasu on your mission. Stay safe and we will be thinking of you. Jirou if you ever need any tips with the sword I am here whenever you need me.”

Karasu started to clean up her section and helped her dad put the tupper ware and any leftovers away in bags. She was all set and looked to her dad. Hiro smiled and said "Looks good. Ready when you are guys!"

[WC: 515]
[MFT]
[Topic Left]

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou smiles when he hears that Karasu has similar plans, “You might seem like you are a little ahead of me now but the race is only getting started. Kashikoi and I might just surprise you. I think there is more to why bandits do what they do. I used to want to avenge the death of my parents, but now I want to help bandits to understand and see that what they are doing to others is wrong. We are a family even if we are not related by blood. I will do what I can to protect the both of you and I know that you will do the same for me and Kashikoi.” On hearing this Kashikoi yips in agreement. Jirou lowers his head thoughtfully and continues, “It’s sort of hard to explain but why should bandits even exist at all? They are attacking people who they think are different from them. Those who are not their ‘family’. The thing is we bleed the same as they do. It just seems wrong to me.” His right hand rubs at the back of his neck. It was something he often did when he was deep in thought.​
Listening to what Jirou is saying he nods firmly in agreement. “The Leaf Village is my home and I am very grateful. I always want to act in a way that will reflect well on the Leaf.” He starts to help pack up the picnic items putting them away carefully, “I hope that we can do this again in the future and that the day is as perfect as it was today.” Even Kashikoi helped by diligently licking the plates clean of every last crumb. Taking the dishes as Kashikoi finished polishing the plates clear with his tongue, Jirou packed them carefully away in the basket. “Maybe later on you can watch me practice and offer guidance on my technique,” he says to Hiro. The sun was setting and Jirou was ready to start for home. He smiles widely, clearly still ecstatic about his new katana, “I am ready when you two are.”
[WC: 352]​
[MFT]​
[Topic Left]​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back