Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Simple Trick of the Mind [Michi]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sometimes one needed to be outside for the sake of it. Sometimes one need to be in a public place. The Steward was in the backyard of his family estate. He wore a suit of clothes. His new grand design as Pestilence was still in effect. He wore not a metallic suit, but a suit made of fine fabric. Recently he had acquired a new lease on life, and was in a constant movement of putting forward his best step.

The Steward sat leaning back into a chair. He held his hands together almost as if he were in prayer. He would have been if only the middle fingers were not rolling back his bottom lip. He was looking at a chess set. He sat across no one. An empty chair. He was trying to do the calculus in his head. He knew at this rate that a check mate was in bound in four turns. He was delaying it. He reached forward and acquired the black bishop. He moved the bishop into a defensive position which protected his knight from the enemy queen from taking it. Sousuke liked the knight piece the best in chess. It was the one peice in the game that had the most unique movement style. Nothing else could move in an L shape. It was either forward, backward, or diagonal. He let go of the bishop.

The Steward then got up from his seat and moved to the other side of the table. He sat in the opposing seat now. There was a singular peice of jewelry on the table. A silver coloured ring. He took the ring and placed it on his index finger. He looked at the board. He held himself differently. He tapped his index fingers together four times, then eight more times. He then tapped his pinky fingers together. He frowned at the predicament. The Queen was the most versatile piece in a game of chess. It had all of the movement styles except that of the knight. When he could get a spawn to the other side of the board, he would trade it in for another Queen. He did this because there was only one queen in the game. He was very close to getting another Queen. He again tapped his fingers together. He could get another queen in four turns. This would allow him to have a tighter control of the board. He moved the pawn forward. He would not risk his Queen to take the knight, which was protected by the bishop.

Sousuke would remove the ring from his finger and get up and move to yet another table. At this table he had a game of checkers going on. He would take his seat and he would put a gold ring on his ring finger. To some this would perhaps be madness or brilliance. The simple truth in all of this? Life was a multi layered game. Not a game for fun, but a tactical one. There were different rules for different moments. There were many many things at work in this much larger world. This was one of those things. While a game of checkers was different from chess, there were some things that remained the same. Get to the end of the board, and gain an advancement.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She had been watching him. She was always watching someone, but she had her favorites. A few of them needed to invest in thicker curtains.

"A disassociation disorder," a calm voice commented from above. Yes, Sousuke was being watched and everything he was doing was being recorded in her little black leather bound book. "And checkmate in one move," she noted out-loud as she eyed the board and cocked her head to the side to get a better view. She was perched on the ledge of the roof looking down at the Steward with a pen and book in hand. If he looked up she would wave her hand and give him a simple order, "carry on Steward." She wanted to see how long he would fight himself in this 'intellectual battle' before he would cede to himself out of boredom. It was a fascinating study of human behavior.

His continuation with the game grossly irrelevant, it was simply an excuse. She had come here on purpose, she had been watching him for hours. She was waiting for the proper moment to arise to ask a question of the Steward. So she would descend from the roof, she was more cat than woman in how she moved, it was utterly silent. She she approached the Steward, there was a chill in the air. That was her greatest tell since her loss of humanity. The shadows seemed livelier about her, the darkness would move independent of their source and bite and claw at the air. She seemed wrong. Well, Sousuke had not seen the hybrid in quite some time. She looked tired, paler than what was natural even for her. She had been this way since she had returned from Tea Country, sickly and tired. In truth she was simply starving but too stubborn to partake in the process of consumption. Despite the obvious appearance of exhaustion, there was a predatory glint in her eye. There was a part of her that saw Sousuke as a piece of meat.

"Actually I am in need of your mind Steward Takahashi Sousuke," she admitted when she was close enough to take in his scent. She breathed in his scent, Sousuke never smelled 'human' which was always odd to her. At the moment it was a good thing, it made him less appetizing. "I would like to know about Sennin Senju Kazuki's parentage," she announced. Straight to the point, there was no dancing around the subject and she still subscribed to the mantra ask the right question if you wish to have the right answer.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward heard a voice. A familiar voice. He knew the voice, but not the flesh necessarily. Michi was one of the few people who would call him by title proper. He would look down to the games he was playing at. He was going to make the new move when it came to chess. Again he would change his possessions to assert it was a different player or mindset at work. Part of his brain would click in and register what Michi had said. Indeed there was a checkmate to be had. Some part of his mind had been working at this, and he had repressed it while actually doing it. This was a skill, an annoying skill. He would make the move and the game would come to an end. He would then approach the checker board and finish that game too in a swift and complicated finish. With that done he would say nothing as he would box the pieces, and the game pieces. He would put the boxes on top of each other. He would put on his jewelry being the two rings. The ring finger was a simple golden band, and the index finger ring was a silvered ring with the mark of a Journeyman.

Michi stared at Sousuke and Sousuke stared back. The two were observing each other. Michi would smell metal and oil on Sousuke's person. He may not have smelled like a human, but he was very much one. It was a confirmed fact he was not a demon. He was certainly not an Ancient. He was certainly not a hybrid either. Sousuke had metallic limbs. Some might argue he was more machine than human. That was a question of perspective. The stare he was giving Michi was a cold stare. He noted the shadows moving about her, and the chill in the temperature. He knew this feeling as it was always present when Kazuki was about. Mikaboshi did not bring about a chill when he was present. He wondered and pondered about the nature of hybrids. Michi looked unwell. Although this was the first time he had seen her in this flesh or having this appearance, she did not look well. She admitted to him that she was in need of his mind. "That's surprising."<i></i> He would admit. Michi knew alot more than he did, but she was an Oracle and had years on him. She was older than him, but how much older? The Steward could only guess. She was the mother of Shouki, which at least gave her maybe a decade or two older than Sousuke. She asked him a curious question. She wanted to know about the parentage of Kazuki. The Steward's eyes shifted skyward. "His parents are ... not a nurturing or loving type. When Kazuki's powerset was coming into being they ... were of no help. They in fact were a hindrance. His uncle perhaps is the more benevolent one."<i></i> He would answer. He thought about it. "Mikaboshi would perhaps be able to offer information as well due to Kazuki being a descendant."<i></i>

He would motion for her to follow him into his household. "You're unwell."<i></i> He finally stated. "I would state that you need to take better care of yourself, but you would have done so if you could. This leads me to believe this is something out of reach. I am certain this would not please your liege lord."<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was right, she was quite ill. Starving in fact. The darkness and the shadows offered her little nourishment, she had deteriorated greatly when she decided to accompany Sennin Senju on his journey to Kohonagakure. She did so for a variety of reasons, many of them not as logical as the studious woman wished to admit. She had an affection for the Occult Sennin, one that made her willing to traverse the world by his side for fear of his safety and liberty. He would be too proud to admit that he needed her or anyone for that matter and she knew it, it was one of his many flaws. She saw every last one of his failings, but even these deficits and deficiencies made her... happy? No, that was not the word. Sad? Sometimes perhaps, but that was not the feeling she felt. It was more than acceptance, but she could not give this feeling a term despite having a rough definition. It was like a lock and a key, there was something about him that just 'fit.' She just wanted to be near him, she wanted to protect him and as of late there was a scratching at the back of her head. These whispers in her mind that she could not quite hear, these warnings that would swell her paranoia. After all, the Hokage Takeshi would have stolen her, yes 'her', Sennin. His wife would probably try to make the Sennin hers if she could. Then there was that strange tree that the Senju had an uncanny attachment to in a foreign land. She did not like it, in fact she feared it but she could not define why at the time but with time and deep contemplation as well as the wisdom of the Sennin's sister she had come to several conclusions:
  1. She was attached to Kazuki.
  2. He tolerated her.
  3. Her attachment to the Sennin was logical because they were in a lot of ways the same: hybrids from the same court who did not quite belong in Sunagakure but were somehow tolerated.
  4. That others would agree with her assessment of this rationale because it was not only true but it was plausible. They would believe it.
  5. That he would not miss her when she died,

"Lord Mikaboshi will be of no help to me, my illness is my choice," Michi admitted, "I am unwilling to commit the sin of consumption." She was taking care of herself, the best she could given the circumstances. The fact that she would not eat. The fact that she was starving. The fact that she had damaged herself beyond repair pursuing Kazuki those months abroad. An Ancient, or in her case a Hybrid did not require food or even souls as long as they were in contact with their element as that would sustain them. However, Ancients were not a naturally occurring creature outside of Wind Country. It was something to do with the natural energy that flowed through Sunagakure that boasted the strange and wonderful fauna of Wind Country. In the absence of this natural energy, consumption was necessary to sustain. At the present time she was capable of maintaining herself in this debilitated state as long as she stayed in Wind Country, as long as she found a dark and shadowy place but she would eventually get hurt. Something would break. She would bleed and she would not be able to recover. Knowing this she knew full well that she did not have long, but she still had a little bit of time left.

"Where is his father?" Michi finally asked. "I wish to request his son's hand," she clarified. It went without saying that she wanted to marry him, not have his actual hand but sometimes the Kazekage had a hard time with metaphors. "...in marriage." She took a seat, it did not matter where. "So I wish to know the requirements for marriage within his clan," she crossed her legs "I am certain I would be considered proficient."

Spring wedding? That might be too long, but she did need time for word to travel.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Lord Steward prepared tea and turned off the lights. The man understood Ancients. There were some creature comforts he could offer Ancients. This was one of them to offer her a respite in complete and utter darkness. During this time there were clicks heard as he was preparing tea. He suspected that Michi had night vision. He would prepare the tea and allowed his there to be silence as he was thinking out a few items, and made a few considerations in his mind. "Consumption is a matter of perspective. Something we will explore momentarily."<i></i> Sousuke would turn his head and one of his two eyes glowed red. The man had a mechanical eye thanks to Ryuu Tama for two reasons. The first being that he was the one to have caused this wound, and the second being that Tama had made him a replacement eye. Sousuke could see in the dark. He would merely take both mugs of tea and place them on the table. "I'm not sure if you gathered the narrative behind this eye, or its immediate surrounding events."<i></i> Michi supposedly knew everything. She was the shadows. She had perfected the art of stealth something that only Rangers were privy to. "Regardless. I have lived with Ancients. Two of them I did not keep track of, admittedly. I have in fact lived with another Half-Ancient. The one who gave me this eye."<i></i> If Michi could see Sousuke's face she would see a twitch of sorts. "I tolerated him devouring the souls of poultry. The only thing I asked of him was that he be grateful for what we did to this creature. It was devoured it body and soul. At separate times of course. I offer this to you, should you not consider that to be in part the sin."<i></i>

He stared at her unblinkingly. He opened his mouth, and then closed it. She wanted to find Kazuki's father because she wanted to marry him. "I do not know where you may find his father. He's never spoken to me of his father extensively."<i></i> This was weird. The ramifications should this actually go off would be absurd. Shouki's step father would be Kazuki. That would by proxy make what happened to Shouki ... kin slaying? In-law kin slaying? That was not a thing, or was it? Sousuke again would look up at the ceiling. "Usually ... it is the male to ask the female's parents or parent figures to marry the female in question."<i></i> Michi knew this. Sousuke knew this. There was once an awkward situation Sousuke was part in many years ago involving a particular dark skinned woman. Sousuke was made to believe that he had fornicated with the woman, and was ready to indeed make the marriage proposal to save the honour of both the woman and himself. The Steward was a traditional man and would adhere tradition in any and all situations. "Wouldn't Kazuki need to ask the same of Mikaboshi as he is your liege lord? They are not on good terms. At all."<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She did not have night vision. The room would plunge into darkness and Michi would stiffen but she would refuse to react. Like the dune hare, she froze in place and tried to melt into the environment. Reacting would have boded poorly for her, even if he chose the dark as a means of assault any attempt to illuminate the area would only put a great metaphorical target on her head. In the darkness he was blind also, the playing field was even so long as she did not react. She would listen carefully, try to sense his moments. The clink of china and the sound of liquid being poured. She had a notion of where he was located, so she would not move away. The noises were too loud, there was no attempt to conceal them. Most would naturally move to the furthest point from the audial stimulation, a location that was easy to predict. So she chose differently.

"Consumption is a matter of perspective. Something we will explore momentarily."

His eyes glowed red. Any concern over not being able to find him was alleviated. She stayed to the right. Of course she was unaware that Sousuke had the statistical benefit of night vision, the darkness tends to lend to the stealth of those within it. Having an eye that ignored the effects of the darkness would be an exceptional battle advantage.

"I'm not sure if you gathered the narrative behind this eye, or its immediate surrounding events."

"Enlighten me Steward," Michi replied. Being an Oracle did not make her omniscient.

"Regardless. I have lived with Ancients. Two of them I did not keep track of, admittedly. I have in fact lived with another Half-Ancient. The one who gave me this eye."

A tangent. He did not elaborate on the subject as intended.

"I tolerated him devouring the souls of poultry. The only thing I asked of him was that he be grateful for what we did to this creature. It was devoured it body and soul. At separate times of course. I offer this to you, should you not consider that to be in part the sin."

The Steward did not understand. The idea of using chicken souls could have been a brilliant notion, but if chicken souls were adequate humanity would never have been subjugated. "Consider souls like... calories. You normally consume between 1200-2000 depending on your metabolic needs and your activity level," she was trying to explain it to him. "There are bits of meat, and starch and and fruit and vegetable... the caloric intake usually meeting your metabolic need with ease. Now consider low calorie options, your sugar-free JELLO or another calorie deficient foods. You cannot live on water alone," she explained. "Consider your chicken soul your... beansprout, there is some calorie need met. Just not nearly enough. And consider your human soul a four course meal," she tried to explain it in terms that he would understand. "The number of chicken-souls you tolerated," yes she noticed the choice term. There was something repulsive about their need to consume and the means by which they tried to survive. "The desert from which Ancients are born offers a bounty that sustains us. However, it only maintains. An injury, like... a cut to the arm requires a reaction from the body. The use of energy that there is no surplus to expend. For people like me, they are always facing a deficit... it is easy for the full-blooded, they can take more," she exhaled. She did not expect the Steward to think well of her or what she had become. How could she when she hated herself as well, but there was a bubbling resentment all the same.

This was not about her hunger or how to sate the pangs. This was about finishing what she has started so long ago. She was going to propose to Kazuki and he was going to accept -- she was going to eliminate alternative options. The father was a variable she needed to eliminate. Well, "eliminate" was a strong term, but family was a strong coercive force. She planned to utilize Natsuru to meet her ends, Kazuki's father would be no different. Of course it was likely that he would claim that nobody controlled him, but she knew otherwise. His family meant a great deal to him and had more of a hold over him than he would ever admit.

"I do not know where you may find his father. He's never spoken to me of his father extensively."

"Shame, you were the most likely one to know," she reflected on her misfortune briefly. She could just ask Kazuki about his father, but that created a number of variables that were outside of her control. In fact, she planned on eliminating most.

"Usually ... it is the male to ask the female's parents or parent figures to marry the female in question."

"But he is not the one interested, I am," she replied simply. "It would be illogical for me to wait for a proposal that is unlikely to happen," she explained. She was not wrong, Kazuki was about as in tune with his feeling as a drunk is in tune with public decency.

"Wouldn't Kazuki need to ask the same of Mikaboshi as he is your liege lord? They are not on good terms. At all."

"Ancients don't have the same laws as man and I... well, we are somewhere in-between." She had to consider a Plan B, of course she had one. She also has a Plan C and D. Hopefully she would end this at Plan B. "Kazuki is his own man, he can make his own decisions," changing course. "But since I have you here Kazekage, there is something I feel that you can help me with." How convenient. [color=-seagreen]"You see, when,"[/color] no if "Kazuki accepts, I will need someone to arrange for a bachelor's party." She waved her hand, it would likely be awful and sexless with Sousuke managing it, what more could a woman ask for. "I am certain you, being as close as you are would be an excellent resource.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward's expression seemed to twitch at a frown. Michi explained to him the notion of the use of poultry and how it really was not filling. "It's better than nothing, even if it is something so very small."<i></i> It seemed as if he had a defeatist tone about the subject, but there was a glimmer about him fighting back about it. Sousuke fell silent for a moment. "It's not something I like watching. Souls being consumed, drawn out or what have you."<i></i> He spoke without emotion or warmth. Despite having machine-like qualities, there were still hints of humanity in the man that was indeed born a human. Sousuke put souls in the realm of mysticism which to him was a closed book. Mikaboshi had told him there were rules to mysticism and spellcraft, but Sousuke didn't quite have the wisdom or intellect to put the rules in conjunction with what he knew. "How dark does it have to be for you to even remotely begin to nourish from natural shadows, or is it something that hybrids cannot do? I've never actively seen Tama go out with a lightning rod to go get struck or Kazuki to go into the shadows and nourish."<i></i>

Seemingly Michi did not know of the narrative between himself and Tama. The Steward poured the tea and put milk in. He gestured to Michi inquiring if she would like tea. "Tama is a hybrid who gathered a number of thugs in the Grand Palaisis. He concocted a kidnapping. I went to answer him. I gave those under his employ the chance to walk or fight. Most walked. Some fought. Those that fought I incapacitated but Tama killed them anyways."<i></i> He pointed to his eye. "Lighting blade to the face but lucky for me I'm still standing. I spared him. Lord Mikaboshi made an appearance. Tama at the time found out he had family and tried to save them as they were fighting with me and took quite a bit of damage. Lord Mikaboshi revealed he gave Tama the power set of an an Ancient, not sure how that works still, but he did not take revenge upon myself or Tama. He helped us. Lord Mikaboshi that is. I'm grateful for that and that was the last time I saw your Lord."<i></i> Sousuke paused for a moment. He appreciated Mikaboshi but did not overtly say it, but this time he would. "I thought about making a tribute of arms to the lord of the depths. Certainly those in his employee would appreciate defending themselves with finer weaponry. I'm not entirely sure where to leave this tribute. I do not wish the deviants to have access to weaponry of mine. Something you told me long time ago."<i></i>

The two continued to discuss, and turned back to the concept of this marriage. Ancients were not bound to the laws of man and woman, but they were bound to a different set. Sousuke had a small inkling of it, but if one asked him to codify it he would perhaps have a great difficult to do so, outside of making it sound childish. A somewhat quizzical look came over his face. "I would recommend Roku for a bachelor party, but you and him are not on speaking terms. Roku and his brother once took me to a ... exotic female dance bar."<i></i> He paused for a moment. "Strip bar."<i></i> He corrected himself. "Is Naganisa your maid of honour, and by proxy the one doing your bachelorette party?"<i></i> Did he know the history of the two? Not overly. Only that they might have worked together at one point or another.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"It's better than nothing, even if it is something so very small."

Sousuke commented.

"It's not something I like watching. Souls being consumed, drawn out or what have you."

No more than a vegetarian enjoys watching one eat a sandstrider leg.

"How dark does it have to be for you to even remotely begin to nourish from natural shadows, or is it something that hybrids cannot do? I've never actively seen Tama go out with a lightning rod to go get struck or Kazuki to go into the shadows and nourish."

"It is... how dark something becomes. The darkness feeds everyone, like how some may feel nourished or renewed by the sea or near a hearth. Just," she pinched the air with her fingers. "Small," she explained "amounts. Perhaps Ancients themselves derive more, that would be hard for me to say." Even she did not know everything. However it was interesting that he would mention a young man, a name that lacked relevance to her as 'going out with a lightning rod' likening such to her need to feed off of the darkness.

"Tama is a hybrid who gathered a number of thugs in the Grand Palaisis. He concocted a kidnapping. I went to answer him. I gave those under his employ the chance to walk or fight. Most walked. Some fought. Those that fought I incapacitated but Tama killed them anyways."

She listened. The way Sousuke phrased this encounter, Tama was not an ally. A kidnapping. However, he killed his own men after they defended their station and were ultimately captured. Then Sousuke's explanation become even more convoluted.

"Lighting blade to the face but lucky for me I'm still standing. I spared him. Lord Mikaboshi made an appearance. Tama at the time found out he had family and tried to save them as they were fighting with me and took quite a bit of damage. Lord Mikaboshi revealed he gave Tama the power set of an an Ancient, not sure how that works still, but he did not take revenge upon myself or Tama. He helped us. Lord Mikaboshi that is. I'm grateful for that and that was the last time I saw your Lord."

No reason given to spare the hybrid. Then the Steward tried to kill the hybrid's family, concerning. She frowned as she logged what was said in her mind. Then he went on a tangent about Sousuke fighting or attacking Tama's family, Tama from how this was phrased being on the losing side until Mikaboshi intervened and somehow prevented Sousuke from killing Tama's family for which Sousuke is thankful but no reason is given. The entire encounter made no sense to her. In fact, the lack of logic in this entire story sounded outlandish. Mikaboshi 'helping' prevent the death of a hybrid's likely human family member would not have happened. It would be like feeling compelled to save the life of a snail about to be consumed by a sparrow. There was no logic to this mercy. The mercy of Mikaboshi or the forgiveness of the Steward that lost his eye. The fiend that killed his own men after they were captured following a kidnapping on his order. Again, the clemency for his crimes. The gratitude expressed by the Steward regarding Mikaboshi's timely intervention. No, this was a lie. "You know Steward..." she gave pause "I do not believe your story, but I am thankfully no longer compelled to seek the answer for every last riddle." That was a freedom she now enjoyed thanks to Mikaboshi.

"I thought about making a tribute of arms to the lord of the depths. Certainly those in his employee would appreciate defending themselves with finer weaponry. I'm not entirely sure where to leave this tribute. I do not wish the deviants to have access to weaponry of mine. Something you told me long time ago."

Her mouth cocked to the side. "He is here," she stated with a clear assurance in her voice. She was far from some religious zealot, she knew this for a fact. Mikaboshi had a means of arriving, like a phantom or the candyman if you say his name in the dark before a mirror thrice. Like a children's take to keep children nestled safe and sound, yet terrified in their beds. "Say his name... more than once and loud enough and he will find his way to you," she instructed him simply. She peered behind her to make certain that statement was not already made true.

"I would recommend Roku for a bachelor party, but you and him are not on speaking terms. Roku and his brother once took me to a ... exotic female dance bar."

She nodded in agreement. "We're not," the corners of her mouth dipped downwards. She would never be on good terms with this embodiment of wrath, he held grudges like some people held faith. She would let out an audible lungful of air. She had invested so much into the man, she remembered when she first found him all those years ago during the Cabal invasion. She saw something in him back then, she saw a hero. She saw something worth her investment. Something worth dying for. She knew once she approached him, once she started to share what she knew that she would die. She expected him to fight, to be a righteous tool of fury but as time went on she saw him climb in power in Sunagakure and his knowledge was limited to just him. She died in the Obsidian, she expected a war. She hated the Diamyo and his men with a passion that she was willing to die to avenge. But the days passed. The months even... still in Sunagakure. She called him on it and she could see the rage in him when she did. She saw him in a new light, perhaps it was Roku that changed or perhaps it was her hybrid nature that changed her perception, it was hard to say. But All she saw when she looked at him was anger and hate. She stopped seeing the hero and she saw something else entirely. But she could still use him and she intended to. "But I am certain he is close to Sennin Senju, his safety is paramount," she commented. "I am certain he would find a wonderful throng of exotic dancers that would satisfy whatever the Sennin's tastes might be," she ceded. She had no experience in defining which breasts are the most suitable to entertain but she had a hypothesis that involved the percentage of jiggle in relation to overall body mass in the terms of a ratio. "I am planning a meeting with one a Mister Miroku later this week to secure one of his venues, it will likely open up the... human resources necessary to accomplish this goal."

She gave Sousuke the name of Akkuma's largest establishment. Also a date. She would secure both of these things. Sousuke's task simple -- plan the party. Encourage Roku to participate. Find a means by which to escort Kazuki there. Shame he will be the last to know that he is getting married in a few short weeks.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke's eyes narrowed. She didn't believe him. Odd. For all of his abilities, Sousuke was not an adept storyteller. "Some addendums then, seeing as how you do not believe the story."<i></i> He paused for a moment. "To clarify Tama was combating myself and member of his own family. Tama injured his own family member. At the time Tama was unaware of this--"<i></i> He spoke clarifying the situation. Trying to at least. His facial expression twitched. "This story is rather overly complicated even for me to recount. Given later revelations. Suffice to say Tama was not meant to raise a hand to me under Lord Mikaboshi's orders. Mikaboshi sought to punish him. He didn't. Your Lord offered his powers to ... allow Tama to heal himself and the damage he had wrought. Usually treachery leads to death, as far as your Lord is concerned."<i></i>

Sousuke wondered if saying Mikaboshi's names enough times would cause him to appear. Usually the Deep Lord showed up conveniently. Sousuke used to be able to track him using the Black Blade. He didn't use that particular ability only ... twice? The first time was a test. Either way, perhaps something worth trying for at a later time. The Steward's expression shifted to that of what seemed like mild annoyance when Michi spoke of meeting with Miroku Akkuma. "They all smile too much and too broadly."<i></i> He spoke lowly. Sousuke was not a fan of that clan. Riyota was susposedly a Miroku, but he was ... rebelling against Akkuma himself on some scale. "You're going to start pushing buttons. Indirectly you might be delivering a birthday present for Roku if you're using a venue of the Miroku for entertainment."<i></i> Sousuke did not venture into the real estate of the Miroku clan. Something about corruption of the spirit or moral insanity seemed to lurk within his mind when it came to dealing with that man. The chances were ... almost impossible that something illegal was not going to happen.

The Steward was given details. His expression remained neutral. This was probably not going to go through smoothly. If it went on at all that is. Was Michi trying to force someone or something's hand? Did she in fact want a street fight to go down in the Grand Palais? It really seemed that way. Maybe the woman was in fact in an alliance with Akkuma himself? Possible. Maybe she was trying to force the hand of Roku into literally punching Akkuma in the face. Maybe the idea was to cause dissention amongst the three Sennin. Maybe Michi actually wanted to be happy. Maybe she legitimately loved Kazuki. Really odd, considering Kazuki was one of those present in fighting Michi's now dead son Shouki. Somewhere in Sousuke's mind still lingered the concept that Shouki would indeed return. He did it once before, he would probably do it once again. Sousuke would have volunteered his household for this party, but the household would perhaps be destroyed for a second time. Indeed. Funny things like that happened. Maybe it was for the best that Miroku Real Estate was going to be the site for this. "Alright then. Kazuki will indeed have his party."<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was testing the waters whether Sousuke knew it or not. He verified what she had already presumed, Roku's relationship with Akkuma was strained. Good. She required his volitile nature, his anger and his distrust. She intended to use these very thing like a weapon when the time came. "True, but I have always considered Number Six to be quite malleable," she commented. Besides, Akkuma's deviance was a necessary evil they would have to endure.

There was a brief moment of thought. She could not read the Steward's mind but she could read his uncertainity. His vague statement regarding the Miroku Clan, a strange and utterly superficial complaint. Sousuke was likely not a supporter of the demon either. Interesting. Then there was her 'sudden'-seeming admission of love for Kazuki coupled with her unusual request. It was fine that he trusted her, in fact it benefitted her in a queer, cruel sort of way.

Deepen that nagging uncertain sense.

"I feel that heroes and villains can be found in the most uncanny places. That a dangerous den might prove to be a fortuitous haven," she spoke in riddles like her son. "Do not fear Steward Takahashi Sousuke, I can tell no lie." Yet being reminded of such a truth was disconcerting in and of itself. Like the hags of McBeth, the fey of fairytales, and like every other Ancient of the Deep Court before her, it was in their nature to deceive.

However, he was compliant. He would assist in the organization of this party. Hopefully he would be able to also maintain some semblance of control over number six also. "I thank you Steward," she announced as she bowed her head. "May I have your headset frequency?" She inquired as her readied her pen and wrote out a series of numbers: 048 and handed him a slip of paper. "My personal line, please use it. I will be contacting you after I have secured the venue with Mr. Miroku. But first, I need to see a man about security for the ceremony. Never a free moment for this bride to be I am afraid,"

She was preparing to leave. If there was contact information exchanged, she would take note as she departed. She had a strange expression on her face. Was that a smile?
[Topic Left unless stopped]​

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward said nothing but produced a sheet of paper from his wrist. The two exchanged head set frequencies. The number of the frequency was 791. The man reflected over what she had said. Heroes and villains being found in uncanny places. What she further said caused him to have some concern about this as a whole. It was an important fact that he already knew, that members of the Deep Court could not lie. That being said members of the Deep Court did not have to tell everything, or provide the most vital information. Something could have been left out on purpose to their benefit.

Michi left soon enough leaving the Steward in the dark. He would turn the light back on in the kitchen once more. He looked to his cup of tea. It was cool significantly due to the presence of the woman. He drank the tea nonetheless. He produced his headset, and considered calling Roku. He was dialing in the number. Roku would need to know about this sooner rather than later. He stopped dialing in the number. He wondered for a moment how Roku would react to this in general. His friend had not been in the best of health. Did Roku need something else on his mind like this? The Steward considered it further. It seemed trivial at best, and at worst it could be ... well the Steward did not wish to consider that as a whole.

More time, he needed more time to figure things out and then he would act.

[Topic ended]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back