Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Superior Machination

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
From the top of the Kazekage tower the Steward stared down. Yes. This was a safe height to test the durability of the mark two. The steward's armour was known for its defensive capabilities. It was known to withstand heavy elemental firepower and it was further known to increase his strength. It did have limits though, which the Steward was trying to uncover. The Steward looked down. Yes. He had fallen from the Kazekage tower before. It was a time when he had battled Getsurei which was a case of mistaken identity. He didn't have to use the mark two to survive the fall. The Steward's great steel frame stepped forward and proceeded to walk off of the Kazekage tower in a free fall of sorts. With the suit on the Steward's weight essentially quadrupled. Thus the fall was quick and sudden.

In addition to being quick and sudden, it was very loud. The Steward created a crater in the surrounding grounds as he made impact upon the ground. It was not a large crater, but a small one. The Steward landed on his feet with his front fist forward punching a hole in the ground. The Steward rose and began calculations. His mind sped through the use of gravity and his acceleration due to the weight of the armour. All in all, he merely came to the conclusion that the armour needed to be lighter. That would be something to keep in mind as the next mark would be put together. Concept wise it was nothing more than notes on a sheet of paper with a few blue prints. Still though, at least the thought of it was there and that was what mattered most to the Steward.

Constant progress. It was what mattered most to the Steward, though what bothered him most was that he as a person did not progress, and if so it was not at the rate of his designs and machinations. Slight changes here and there, but still the steward was no closer to expressing himself fully or at all truth be told.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Like any other day today was a normal day for Kumiko. She hadn't been scheduled for any ANBU assignments and no outlandish missions either. Other than doing a few mission write ups her entire day was before her. Which brought her to her current location. Before her the Kage Tower loomed over her, it's shadow blocking out the light emitted from the chakra crystals within the caverns ceiling. Right before the female Uchiha entered the tower a faint sound caught her attention. Gradually it grew louder and louder. Drawing her attention upwards the sudden decent of, well something, caused her to jump out of the way just in time as it plunged into the ground, creating a small crater in it's wake. As the dust settled a figure could be seen, a somewhat familiar one at that. But whether that was the Steward or the former steward Kumiko wasn't sure. Either way she approached the mechanized armour.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As the dust settled the Steward paused for a moment. Someone was here, the Steward turned to find Kumiko not too far away from him. The mark two's eyes glowed bright yellow as he fixated his field of vision upon her. "Salutations Kumiko."<i></i> his voice came out finally. The voice was digitized and delivered slightly more deeper than usual. In this moment the Steward realized that Kumiko would perhaps mistaken him for his father. "There. I've turned off the high end voice codex. Wouldn't want to have a case of mistaken identity again."<i></i> His voice this time came out as per the usual tone, but more importantly it sounded more like the normal Sousuke.

"Having a successful and strategic day off?"<i></i> The Steward inquired. It was Kumiko's day off of course, this was evident by the fact that she was not in uniform but her casual wear. "I myself am running a few tests to further improve the design of my mark two ... as the battle with the djinn tested the suit and had bested it in particular circumstances. Though part of me wonders if we failed at times because I made a bad strategy call. Perhaps it is not my suit that needs to be superior, perhaps that I need to be a superior individual. One who is better at being ... more expressive."<i></i> The Steward himself did not lose control of his temper when he dealt with the Djinn. Granted he was most annoyed by the creature's constant insults and repetitive nature, but even then the Steward responded to the creature in kind. "I wonder what would a superior Takahashi Sousuke consist of?"<i></i>

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The mechanized suit turned towards her. It's eye's glowing bright yellow as the digitized voice greeted her. Even from that Kumiko couldn't tell who worked the machine. Sousuke? Or his father? Luckily the one inside switched off the voice modifier and Sousuke's voice rang clear. Visibly Kumiko relaxed, knowing she wouldn't have to be as formal with Sousuke as oppose to his father. " It hasn't been too bad. Just dropping off a few reports. After that I don't have any plans."[/color] She never really thought about it but aside from her brother Kumiko had very few friends. Her sole purpose was her duty to her village. That left little time for play.

She couldn`t help but chuckle as Sousuke described his escapades as running a few tests. In some ways he and her twin brother were so alike. Only difference was Sousuke had a little more funding than Bruinetto, what with being the Steward. However the Steward brought up the Dijinn fight. She too felt inadequate during that battle. She hadn`t been strong enough. She had failed her captain and ANBU sennin. " I don't think anyone was prepared for that. Who would have thought a Dijuun would attack our village. Given the circumstances we defended the village to the best of our ability. And, as a village, we defeated him. In the end that is what should matter. Coming together in a time of crisis. " Though deep down she felt like a failure.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"The surface is vast and full of terrors. I do not think it will be the last time we battle a force like the Djinn. It will always be hard to prepare for such a foe of vast power. We must merely respond in kind but we are bound by our limitations and time parameters."<i></i> There was a pause for the moment. The Steward held up his arm and summoned an intricate orb made of plasma chakra. The orb wandered from the Steward's hands and expanded. Engaged in the orb was an image of the Djinn. "Such a foe even compromised my thinking. Usually I battle with sound logic from my education in referring to various scientific and mathematical stratagems to best my foes. Unfortunately I was battling with something different."<i></i> The Steward motioned to his heart. "The human heart it something so fragile, but supposedly people with great heart are capable of many things."<i></i> The Steward turned his head to face Kumiko. "Do you fight with your heart or with your head?"<i></i>

The Steward for a moment would return to the image of the Djinn he conjured from the plasma chakra he conjured up. Such a foe with such potential. Even Kuro had problems fighting such a creature, and the Steward considered Kuro to be stronger than him in certain ways. "Oh. Yes those mission reports, if you want to file those with me now, we can do so."<i></i> The Steward minimized the image of the djinn and dismissed the plasma orb further. "Anything exceptional this week?"<i></i>

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What the two of them spoke of was very true. One could never truly prepare for a foe they didn't know they would fight. At the same time fighting foes stronger than ones self was a true test to ones strength. Before her onyx eyes Sousuke mustered an orb of chakra, plasma chakra by the looks of it, within his hand and expanded till the image of the Dijuun was present. And that was when the Steward asked her a rather profound question. Does she fight with her heart of her head? " That's a heard question to answer. As an ANBU I must restrain myself from fighting with my heart and do as instructed. That allows me to take a step back and assess the situation. Maybe if I hadn't choosen the path of ANBU I would fight more with my heart. "

With a nod Kumiko handed over her mission files to Sousuke. At least this would save her some time. " This week? Nothing exceptional. Probably some training. I do believe I have a meeting with Taguro San. "

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward's armour began to break down. Several parts of it began to fold and open up. The Steward simply walked out of the armour and scratched the back of his head. When Kumiko spoke of the Uchiha elder, a very peculiar thing happened. A frown appeared on his face. At very it seemed very unnatural at first but the more it remained on the Steward's face the more it seemed to fit him. "Ah. Yes."<i></i> The frown continued for some time. "I may have been the reason as to why that happened... being that I would not sign a particular marriage contract pertaining to a certain unnamed individual who is present."<i></i> The Steward broke eye contact from Kumiko. Was it truly his place to do such a thing? A while ago Roku spoke of how he and Kumiko were bound by blood and tradition and were victims of such. Was this more of a message to Roku? To himself? The Steward felt a sort of friendship towards the young Uchiha, and the Steward would not have sold her future down the drain on the whims of an old man.

"I've been malfunctioning as of late. I have had an interesting few weeks since our last meeting. Aside from our encounter with the Djinn, I was the victim of theft for a time. That ended ... most unusually."<i></i> The Steward's face was still a frown. He snorted expressing a further discontent of sorts. "I suppose ... this is to be expected when one shouts explicative words at you after attempting to set one on a proper path..."<i></i> The Steward held up his hand. "For the record this isn't about Okibi."<i></i>

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This newer model of the Steward's was definitely different. Before her crimson eyes each piece began to break down until Sousuke merely walked out from the contraption. Unbeknownst to her this would be the first instance Kumiko would see a frown mare the Steward's face. Yet what he spoke of caused a frown of her own. Sure, it was well known that many born within noble clans were expected to be apart of arranged marriages. Especially those born within the Kihou branch of the Uchiha. Political marriages were the norm. For Taguro San to consider a match for her was pretty typical. However for Sousuke to deny the request? That was not the norm. One thing Kumiko was certain of. Crossing Taguro San was never a good idea. " Well I suppose it won't be Taguro San's last attempt. " Other than that Kumiko wasn't too sure what else to say. The fact that Sousuke cared enough about her to consider her future happiness...

" Ah. I can't say to much concerning that considering I don't know the other party involved. "

words: 181
[ MFT ]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward pondered about what Kumiko said. He stroked his chin, "Yes, that resemble a statement my mother had to describe him a while back."<i></i> The Steward wondered how persistent of a man he was. The Steward's frown dissolved into his more commonly known neutrality. "I think that was the idea as it would have been a sort of blind courting or marriage. You may not initially believe ... but I am of the mind that the concept of marriage should not be a forced or arranged item. I speak from some experience... granted my circumstances were different since I had known the person from early childhood and we could develop a bond."<i></i> The Steward paused for a moment. He knew of the other party involved, and the Steward could not see the relationship working out at all. The Steward considered himself a good judge of character. The two were if anything mostly strangers to one another. "You may not think it, but I am a believer in Sage Khan's natural growth theory. It's the concept that if one is to grow properly and most advantageously, nothing foreign must be immediately introduced in the path of development. If done, it can certainly lead to ... unfavourable results, which may even include self destruction."<i></i> The Steward explained. "It is applicable to many things in life... and I think you where I am going with this."<i></i>

The Steward turned to his mark two and reactivated it. The armour enclosed and stood still. The Steward tapped the power core in the center of the chest. "Indulge my curiosity... did you have any crushes on anyone when you were small?"<i></i> The Steward inquired. "I merely inquire as my childhood peers were ... most oftentimes vile individuals. I was often ridiculed, and picked on. I never had any crushes on my female peers, I merely co-existed with them... but in the particular case of one Inuzuka Shizune... well she and I did not get along. She was suspended for a time when she broke my left arm during one of our conflicts. I was eight at the time, and the damage done did oftentimes concerned my parents. Mother told me if wasn't mannerly to hit a girl, but she said Shizune was the exception."<i></i>

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She didn't know when, but somewhere down the line, herself and Sousuke could be labeled as friends. So talking about such things, like the potential of marriage, wasn't an awkward subject between the two. 'Well we have both been raised within a clan that excepts arranged marriages. Though your parents don't seem the type to enforce such a thing, considered your mother declined an arranged marriage herself. I on the other hand have different circumstances. I don't necessarily oppose it, as long as it benefits the clan. " News of her potential marriage was still recent for her. Though the news was informing her of its decline. Truth be told she felt nothing towards the news. No happiness. No disappointment. No relief. " I know of sage Khan's teachings. Probably not as much as you are, but I know enough. However the Uchiha are trying to re-establish themselves after the massacre. Such things aren't so easy unless bonds are formed through such political marriages. Taguro-San must be applauded for how much he has accomplished within such a short amount of time. And most of that has been by forming alliances through these arranged marriages. "

Thankfully, though Kumiko wasn't so sure she was thankful, towards their childhood. " I can't say i did. i always focused on my training's and upholding my Clan's name. Though or I was too busy trying to compete with my brother. I never really gave such things a thought. ' She hadn't really realized this before. Had she never been in love? " I think I was popular around the male students but i never paid any attention to them, considering they couldn't beat me in spars. "

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward raised an eyebrow. He expected Kumiko to be rebellious in some form. Perhaps he expected her to be like his mother in some way as she was a very defiant woman. Yet, Kumiko was not. She listened to Sousuke several times, and whether it was due to a mutual respect or the fact he was the Steward, Sousuke was unsure of. "So long as it benefits the clan."<i></i> Sousuke repeated the words. "There are things that people want in their life. Riches. Fame. I have neither of those. The latter more so due to my persona type. I'm not charismatic. I'm observant and resourceful, but those aren't qualities that make one famous. Perhaps criminals and underworld facilities know of me but those aren't ... characteristics that the average person would call charismatic."<i></i> Sousuke paused for a moment. There was a point to be had. "I believe I have wandered away from my point, but the concept I wish to speak of is wanting. I would very much want to develop a way to stop the diamond sands from destroy things above. I want Okibi to be a successful learned person. I want people to be most successful in their undertakings. That is what I want. Do you not want riches or fame? Would you not want a handsome husband who listens to you and will co-operate with you to have a successful life? Perhaps it is merely that you are a self-less person... which is uncommon. I find this fascinating."<i></i>

Kumiko then spoke of Taguro. Yes. The Elder. His mother did not like the man. Sousuke at best found him wanting and formal. Ambitious in the extreme. "Hm. So long as those marriages are happy and long, I will commend him appropriately. He is a politician, but politics can only go so far. If I were to look over his marriages that he has arranged, I am most certain I could figure out his political ideology. If he is a positive-negative sum, zero sum, or positive sum gain. That is a very telling feature of a man."<i></i>

Kumiko went to discuss her childhood. The Steward crossed his arms. "I think that is what they call... playing hard to get. In your case of course, you're not playing the game intentionally, you are unconsciously doing it. I didn't spar well as a child. I ended up in the hospital having to get stitches because my sparring partners wouldn't follow the rules of engagement ... such as he aforementioned Inuzuka Shizune. My parents had me trained by Lady Azame, her consort is Toraono Kaibudo. I learned how to duel properly from her, and most of my swordscraft."<i></i>

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a difference between the up bringing up Kumiko and Sousuke. Kumiko was raised to be an asset to her clan. She was raised to follow orders and do as she was told. Anything less than that she'd be a failure in her clan's eyes. Especially in the current state of the Uchiha. The clan was on the verge of a rebirth. Resurging within the eyes of the entire country. Taguro-San was the cause of that. Where as Sousuke was raised to be a leader. To be a Steward.

What did she want? Had anyone ever asked her that before? Riches? Fame? An attractive husband who loved her? To become a baby factory? None of these things did she even consider. " I..don't really know. I don't care about fame or money. I care about my clan. I care about this village. And I care about my duty towards this village. I want to protect it. I want to protect my clan. I know at some point I will need to marry I suppose. ' To be honest Kumiko didn't really know how to take this conversation. The reality of everything was starting to hit her.

The comments about Taguro-San was a little lost on her. Her mind was already deep in thought so it was really hard for her to concentrate on what he was saying " hm? Playing hard to get? How is that? Wouldn't I have to be interested to begin with to be playing hard to get? " Much like Sousuke Kumiko was lost when it came to romantic relationships.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kumiko spoke that she did not know what she wanted in a spouse. She merely wanted to please her clan. It seemed that what Roku had spoken to him of a long time ago seemed to be correct. They were both bound by blood. "Marriage does not have to be a prison. You may be bound by your clan to marry, but at the very least I think you should be free to pick amongst a series of suitors."<i></i> Sousuke spoke. He paused for a moment. "If you wished a life of solitude then so be it, but that in itself is a choice ... and choice is what I want people to have."<i></i> What the Steward would next say would be somewhat of a surprise. "I would rather be chosen by another than to do the choosing myself. Not that I am ... particular person. I wish to avoid the ... glitz and glamour that often comes from being associated with House Toraono. I am adaptable."<i></i>

Sousuke's face seemed to almost crack when Kumiko answered him on the matter of playing hard to get. A smile almost formed. The sides of Sousuke's lips ever so slightly crooked upwards. "Unconsciously deep within your mind perhaps? "<i></i> He offered. "Actions may speak louder than words, but sometimes the actions are not registered by the mind that is always aware of its actions. A particularly rare instance to occur, but it can happen."<i></i> He further elaborated.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was an interesting topic to be discussing with the Steward of the village. Especially Sousuke. He wasn't exactly the relationship type. " What better would a choice grant? I'd simply be blinded by 'love' no? It would almost be selfish to do so if it weren't in the best interest of the village. " Then it quickly shifted to the Toraono clan. Had there been a suitor for Sousuke? It made sense really. Practically every clan would want one of their members as his bride. " The Toraono clan? I can't say I have had much association with them. I'm sure you know Taguro-san is, well, civil to them. But are you saying you know for certain you don't want to marry into the Toraono clan? I suppose that narrows it down. " The last part was said in jest. Not like it actually narrowed anything down.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back