Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A very hairy situation (Genin exam Maikeru)

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would summon the genin hopeful. He had hopes for this student. He had shown much promise and was quite strong for his age. That was good because he would need it. He would appear in his full Sennin outfit, military vest, and gold waistband signifying his clan head status. The sun had just set and you could see lights turning on all around the village.

"Welcome to your genin exam. Your exam is a straight forward one. You see, my dog has gotten loose and is causing chaos. You are to retrieve him for me. Don't worry you will have aid. This is Kaeru. She will assist you."

Form behind Kenshin appeared a small girl around 13 years of age. She was wearing mostly black and had a blue headband in her hair. Her eyes were blue.

"Right so I want to be a genin too. Let's work together if you can keep up!" She said her voice a little haughty.

"Right so you have until sunrise to bring it to me at the Hokage mansion. And you will recognize him when you see him. His name is Fenrir. He likes the dark and loves to gallop around. If you don't have any questions, I suggest you work with Kaeru here and come up with a plan of action. Your exam starts now."

Kenshin would begin to walk away but only after answering any questions. It was time to begin.

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was.. strange for Maikeru not to be summoned at the cusp of dawn. Most classes and test wanted you dead tired, something about shinobi life being exhausting, and seeing if you could handle yourself in that situation. So, he was a bit thankful he got to sleep most of the day in preparation for this. When he arrived, he was in full battle gear. Light armor that he had purchased recently across his fore arms, chest, and legs, and his large great sword strapped to his back. He was surprised to see another student as well. He had thought he was the only one ready for his exam. Regardless, he gave her a polite smile and wave as he greeted her.

"Hello, Kaeru-san. My name is Uchiha Maikeru. You don't have to worry about me keeping up, but maybe we should invest in some goggles for you for when I leave you in the dust."

Great, he got paired with one of these types. Fantastic. Regardless, he would do his best to make sure they both passed this mission, even if he had to physically carry her across the finish line.

With the explanation given, and the order to begin given, Maikeru nodded confidently. He was pretty sure from the foreboding name of the dog, and the fact that he was sending someone with Maikeru's skill set to get it, it probably wasn't a poodle. He'd wager a summon of some sort, or an Inuzuka battle hound maybe. It definitely wouldn't be a walk in the park.

"So, Kaeru, do you have any tracking capabilities. My clan is known for many things, but, my Sharingan isn't fully matured yet. I have the three tomoe, but I can't track chakra signatures. It would be helpful if you could." He paused, assessing the situation. Whether Kaeru was okay with it or not, he had already assumed the leadership position. "Either way, we'll have to start soon. Darkness is going to be more prevalent the longer we wait, which means more places for the pupper to hide. Let's stick together and head towards the tallest point in Konoha. The top of the gates should fulfill that. Oh, no, the Hokage heads. Let's go rest on the second Hokage's and see what we see."

And without waiting for her objection, Maikeru knelt down, before leaping into the air. This was his favorite part of shinobi life, the parkour. Travelling through the skies and amongst the trees, it was always so freeing. But, now was the time to focus. He was on his first mission, and he would see it succeed.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin left them to it.

Kaeru looked at Maikeru her cheeks puffed out a little. "Right ok. Well I can track stuff a little. I am good at knocking down things at a distance! Also a trap but I Need line of sight... " She would say her voice trailing off. She would folow him to the 2nd Hokage's head that overlooked the village.

Looking down at the sleeping village of Konoha, Maikeru would see a disturbance in two locations. One was kitsune park and the other was the forest of death. Which location would they go to?

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well, shit.." Maikeru mused aloud as he crouched in position on top of the second Hokage's head. "So, this has to be a logical decision with our lack of tracking abilities. He's.. a dog, right? Or.. something like that. What do dogs like to do? Well, they like parks, but Kitsune park is more of an arena than an actual park.."

Maikeru let out a little sigh. This was going to take a lot of cardio, which was something he did not look forward too. Oh well, at least ninja cardio was jumping on rooftops. That was pretty cool. He stood up, loosening the straps of his armor. He was still getting use to the tight fit, and had yet to get everything just the way he liked it quite yet. With a final sigh, he pointed to the forest of death.

"If I had to guess, this isn't a normal dog. Kenshin wouldn't give us something that mundane for an exam. Not with our level of strength. Plus, the forest makes a perfect staging ground for actual shinobi combat. Most of our battles should be in areas surrounded with trees or other types of foliage. If I had to guess, his.. dog.. is probably hunting in the forest of death. Which, I'll say it. Worrisome."

He looked to his partner, before giving her a confident smile.

"But, don't worry. Stick by me, and I'll keep ya safe. I don't carry this big sword for nothing. Now, come on. To the forest of death!"

With that, he knelt down, before taking off again. If nothing else, this had to be far more interesting than his friends exams, right?

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
They crept to the village and headed towards the forest of death where many exams were passed and failed. They would approach carefully and find themselves in utter darkness soon enough.

After a half hour of looking around, you come across an opening. The moon is high in the sky and the moon shines down revealing what looks to be Fenrir. A masive black direwolf with blue eyes, he stands at around 5 feet tall. His blue eyes were scanning the area. You see him begin to scratch at the nearest tree and in a few strikes of his giant claws the tree falls down with a crash. Fenrir jumps back placefully and run in a circle for a moment before going to the next tree.

It seems you have found your prey and he is unaware. Kaeru is behind you eyes big in shock.

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So, he was right. This wasn't a normal dog, hell, it wasn't even a wolf. This thing was massive by both of those standards, hell it was massive by a bears standards. He let out a long, drawn out sigh as he watched the beast from the tree line. Well, at least it was just playing. That could work well for them. As he looked behind him, he grimaced. Why exactly was his partner scared? Wasn't she the one who had told him to keep up?

"Hey." He whispered to the girl, turning completely so he could put a hand on her shoulder. "I told you, I'd protect you. I meant that. We're leaf shinobi, and as such we're family. I don't let my family get hurt."

He gave the girl a soft smile, before taking his hand off of her shoulder. Admittedly, he was a bit scared himself. This thing was more likely than not a summon of Kenshin's, which meant it was easily stronger than both of them. Fighting it would be a suicide mission, there was no way they could actually take the beast out. Still, there were some options to them.

"But, right now, we are leaf shinobi. We're not children. In this moment we are soldiers. I need you here. I cannot do this on my own. So, swallow your fear, and back up your family. Can you do that for me Kaeru? Because if you can't, we should just leave now. You're just going to get hurt. But, if you can, follow my lead. I don't think this is a normal dog, look at it's size alone. So, we can't fight it. But, shinobi don't always have to fight. We're still humans, we have our words, and that might be our best way out of this. Now, please, follow my lead. If the beast charges, you get to range and let me hold it off, okay? Back me up with range assaults."

He made sure to pat the girl on the head, before jumping from the tree. He landed in a standing position, a respectable distance away, with his hands held high above his head in a show of non aggression.

"Fenrir-sama." He said, loudly so the beast could hear him. "My name is Uchiha Maikeru, this here is Kaeru. I am a pupil of your friend, Kenshin-sensei. He sent us here to play with you, then bring you back to him at the Hokage mansion. So, what do you say, do you wanna play a bit? I think it could be fun."

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
FEnrir stopped playing around. Two made their presence known and the direwolf looked at them with eyes as blue as sapphires.

"Oh I wasn't going to go even if you demanded just yet!" he growled. The giant tail was wagging slightly. "So a couple of fun games! Yes Kenshin has not played with me for a while and you two will do! Yes yes. THe first game is fun. You know it. Any pup knows it and it has already begun. Tag! Catch me if you can!"

Fenrir was off in a giant leap. Soon the darkness seemed to swallow him.

Kaeru swallowed in fear but followed as she was able.

"Oh dear. I can try. What are we going to do about this?" she would ask her eyes looking at the other student.

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maikeru let out a tired sigh. He was hoping the three of them would play.. catch or something, something that didn't involve chasing a dire wolf through the Forest of Death. Regardless, this was the hand they were dealt and they would have to play it. As he watched the dog, his eyes began to morph. First, into the three tomoe of the Sharingan, before the tomoe began to merge together, forming a three pronged shuriken shape. As he looked back at his partner, he gave her a nod.

"We're going to deal with it, and we're going to catch that dog. That's what we're going to do." He said, before taking off towards the tree line. "I'll chase after him, you use your long rang attacks to mess with the enviroment. Knock over some trees, create pitfalls, whatever it takes to slow him down. With my eyes I should be able to predict his movements and get a leg up. Now, let's go!"

As he hopped from tree branch to tree branch, doing his best to keep pace with the dog, he realized this wasn't going to be easy. The girl wouldn't be able to slow her down on his own, he would have to aid with it. So, as he jumped he began to weave hand signs, waiting for the perfect moment. Using his Mangekyo sharingan, he tried to time it perfectly, before releasing his jutsu. Aiming at a tree the dog would be near soon, in order to hopefully drop the thing on top of the beast, and capture it.

"Lighting Style! Zeus Flash!" He roared, before throwing his arm forward, and releasing a large spear of lightning at the base of the tree.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The duo would find that the distraction was good enough. Kaeru would put her hands together and then unleash some invisible energy that seemed to put a dent in a tree beside where Fenrir was going. Fenrir jumped to the side and continued in a new path.

The new path, however, was soon hit with a lightning bolt and a falling limb came crashing down on Fenrir. Or for a second it looked like it as Fenrir's giant paw slashed through the branch but in doing so the two genin hopefuls were nearly on top of him. Fenrir looked back and grinned.

"Not bad not bad pups! How will you deal with this?" There was a howl as Fenrir seemed to bite himself.

He would spin around from his mouth what looked like blood would congeal into a katana. Fenrir would grab the hilt of the blood sword and then hurl it backwards. The Blade was heading right towards Kaeru! She looked wide eyes as the blade of blood was rushing towards her. She was in mid leap. What was going to happen?

(Blood blade used)

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh for fucks sake.." Maikeru muttered, quickly weaving handsigns. With his Sharingan he was able to read the attack, follow the movements of Fenrir, and predict the attack before even Kaeru would know it was coming for him. He was suddenly very thankful he had unlocked his Mangekyo sharingan. "Kaeru! Watch out!"

As he landed on a branch in front of Kaeru, a bit below her, he grabbed his right wrist. Lightning began to coalesce around the Uchiha, creating a focal gathering point around his right hand. His eyes darted wildly between the blade and Kaeru as he planned his attack. This would have to be perfect. One second to early and he would be hit by the blade, and a second too late and he would hit it in the wrong spot. The point of this attack wasn't to destroy the weapon, that would be folly to expect him to be able to do such a thing. Instead, he was going to aim to divert the blade a bit off course, and into a nearby tree rather than the soft flesh of his partner.

As the blade came closer and closer, his entire world moving in slow motion as his Mangekyo Sharingan scanned the area wildly, he leapt into the air. Throughout the forest, the sound of chirping birds could be heard as he made a straight dash upwards, using chakra to enhance his jump, to quicken and lengthen it. He grit his teeth, reaching behind him as he aimed a quick, sudden thrust at the tsuba of the blade.

"CHIDORI!"

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
A flash of lightning pierced the air and the blade of blood would sink into a tree, not either student. It hit with a thud and sank into the tree deeply before turning into a pool of blood. Fenrir would land and look at this a slight wolfy smirk playing on his lips. Kaeru would land near the pool of blood and look at it with disdain.

"Good good! Now try to hit me! I won't run this time." Fenrir would stand at his full height.

Kaeru would look at Maikeru.

"I can hit him with a jutsu. I don't know what else to do." she would say looking between the two of them.

So far they had been lucky. Would their luck hold out? Would they run out of time? So many questions. Not enough to think about them all.

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maikeru was on edge, and was doing his best to contain it. He took a long, calming breath, before landing on the branch next to his partner. It was clear that even combined the two of them were probably not a match for the summon. But, that was fine. They had a mission to do, and Maikeru was going to see it through. He began to rummage in the pouches on the rear of his pants as he looked to Kaeru, his eyes morphing once again, the prongs on his Mangekyo becoming more pronounced.

"Look, Kaeru, I need you to focus, alright?" He said, calmly, removing a small scroll from his pouch. "You told me to keep up, didn't you? Well, I hate to break this to you, but you are falling behind me. I need you to be my equal right now, can you do that?"

He began to unfurl the scroll in front of him, before running his thumb along it's surface. In honesty, he had wanted to keep this a secret from Kenshin, surprise him when he trained with him next. But, it was far more important to see Kaeru pass this exam. He didn't mind going back to the academy, but she seemed very serious about passing. At least, her attitude did. He couldn't blame her for having some nerves and jitters though, not everyone was as lucky as Maikeru to be able to keep a cool head even with little experience.

"Your job in this mission is to support me, and help me hit him, do you understand? Use your ninjutsu to create a diversion for me." He paused, letting out another sigh. "I know you're scared, and that you're having some anxiety about this. But, I need you to straighten your back, plant your feet, grit your teeth, and fight through it. Kenshin-sama would tell you the same thing. I've told you this before, but I don't mind repeating it. I. Will. Protect. You. You are a leaf shinobi, and that makes you my family. Now, come on. Cover me."

As Maikeru did what he had told her, planting his feet, there was a puff of smoke from the scroll. From it a long, black sheathed and green handled katana appeared, before falling into the Kensei's hand. He drew the blade in a flash, before taking a deep breath.

"Move!"

He took off from the branch, moving in a zig zag pattern, hoping to draw the dogs attention. He would wait for Kaeru to act, using whatever jutsu she would, before bringing his blade into an Iadio stance.

"Come on mutt, I thought you wanted to play!"

As quick as a flash of lightning he flicked his Katana towards the dog, slashing several times in quick and rapid succession at it, waves of heat radiating from his blade.

[Using Omni-flash Annihiliation/Sol Fire Tempest]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The attack would sink into the flesh of Fenrir and he would howl in pain for a moment. He was quickly hit by a wall of invisible force as the other genin hopeful used a jutsu to hit Fenrir. He howled again but as he did so, it was more than air that escaped his maw. From his mouth a fire red substance started to leak. As it hit the ground, it caused scorch marks on the grass. The red liquid gave off a mass of heat and soon the liquid was covering Fenrir. Red hot Lava covered the beast except for his eyes which were glowing bright blue.

"Good good! What will you do now? Show me more But I know one thing you should do right now, duck!" he would yell as he swung out a massive claw covered in molten hot lava.

At the last moment, Kaeru jumped in front of the claw. She was able to block most of it. However the lava seemed to injure her as she yelled with pain and fell to the side. She was still awake and looked like she could move but she was clearly hurt.

What would the student do? A lava covered wolf in one corner, a hurt ally in the other.

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'Well, fuck.' Was all Maikeru could think as the massive claw came towards him.

Maikeru was fast, and his blade work was quickly becoming second to none. But, this summon was one of the master of taijutsu of leaf, the sennin of the head branch. Fenrir outclass him in every way. There was a flash of silver and red light as he brought his blade up to block the blow, too slow, too naive. He would take the hit, but, at least Kaeru would be okay. He could live with that. He was made of pretty hardy stuff after all.

That was, until the girl decided now to be heroic. Maikeru watched in slow motion, his Mangekyo Sharingan burning the image into his mind for eternity as he watched the massive claws of the dire wolf dig into the soft flesh of the small girl. He watched, helplessly, as her body fell before him, seemingly limp to the worried Uchiha. He didn't have time to think, didn't have time to do anything but act.

From his left eye, the eye that stored the most powerful genjutsu in existence, Tsukuyomi, blood began to slowly trickle down. He stepped into the beast guard, dropping his blade as he moved to wrap his hands around the head of the large wolf, forcing it to lock eyes with the furious young man.

"Tsukuyomi!" He roared, his Mangekyo spinning rapidly as he watched the wolf's usual eyes morph, forming a mirror of Maikeru's own. This was the start of the genjutsu, and only time would tell if it would work or not.

(OOC: The below bit is if Tsukuyomi is succesful)
==================

As the world began to shift, and change, the hues of the forest becoming dark and ominous. The leaves of the trees had all been burned away, a raging inferno burning around the wolf and boy. In front of Fenrir stood Maikeru, his figure nothing more than a silhouette, with shining red eyes that seemed to pierce everything around them. And the mighty wolf Fenrir? He was naught more than a pup, barely up to the calves of the young Uchiha.

"No more." He said, firmly, his voice echoing around the forest, reverberating against every scorched tree. "We will play your games no more. I don't care if I fail, this is done. I am going to put Kaeru on your back, and you are going to rush her to the hospital, and then you are going to wait for Kenshin at the Hokage building. You may think yourself mighty pup, but you are naught before the power of the Uchiha bloodline."

(Tsukuyomi and Hypnotic Suggestion used.)

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the blood would begin to trickle down Maikeru 's left eye, he would find that he world was flipping upside down. A second later, he would understand that he was upside down and that he was currently being flipped over. The student would land on his back and find a seemingly healthy looking Kaeru standing over him a grin on her mouth.

"Your instincts are good boy-o. But no need to hurt those eyes of yours. Sorry for being rough. Kenshin-san you can come out!" sehe would say a smile on her face.

Fenrir would sit and the lava coating his body would disappear. From out of the shadows Kenshin would appear, clapping.

"Well well well, it seems you ahve that natural gut instinct. You have the power too. How did he do Ren?" Kenshin would ask.

Beside Maikeru, a cloud of smoke would surround Kaeru and she would turn into a small blue and black toad, blinking at Maikeru.

"Hey he did good. Reassured me, lead, relied on teamwork and got some strong abilities! He has my vote." she would craok as she put her hands to the student and a green glow would heal Maikeru.

"Right he looked good on my end! Strong and fast. Decisive." Fenrir would nod.

"Very well. Then you have passed my exam. As you may have guessed, Fenrir and Ren here are both summons of mine. I wanted to see you act under pressure and how you work in a team. You have passed both but keep in mind that the shinobi world is tough. Deception is key in all things for you never know what information could be the difference between life and death. As of this moment you are a Genin and under my care in full. If you stay in my branch I would be happy to have you." Kenshin would say and with a few handseals both Fenrir and Ren disappeared.

"I look forward to seeing you grow Maikeru. Have a great rest of your night. You earned a good night's sleep."

And Kenshin would turn to go and disappear into the darkness.

[Topic left]
[Maikeru passed. Is Promoted to Genin]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back