Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Adaptability and Flexibility (Class)

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With the upcoming days, Ziren would like to make sure the Academy Students are just as prepared as everyone else. A letter was sent out to the two that signed up to attend the class.
Dear students,
Make sure to bring all of your weapons with you, as this will be part of the class.

He didn't leave his name, for. That will be when they are here. He, himself, has five weapons laid out on his desk in front of the class. A metal puppet, that is slightly corroded in some parts, his double throwing scythes, small enough to throw with one hand. A scythe made out of blood, hardened so that it won't make a mess, a sharp piece of dried blood, big enough for someone to hold with two hands. And another weapon, wrapped up in cloth but one could easily see that it is a hammer, one big that is mainly used for wars and battles.

He is expecting two students, but knows that there's always a possibility that another might find their way in here.

Once the two arrives, Ziren will say, "Hello, and welcome to my class. I am Chigokai Ziren, of the Medical Branch. Today, we will be doing something a little but different today. I will be teaching about adaptability and flexibility. As a ninja and a shinobi, we have to learn to think on the fly, be able to improvise as we go along with our missions. Now, let's get an introduction on who you two are."

(256/1500)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kohaku and Shiro were all finally geared up and ready for another class. Just another month or so and they'd hope to be at least eligible for the graduation exam. It'd be nice to have a class that was a little more hands-on too. Shiromaru looked up at his big brother had made a few grunting noises.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. It's gonna be nice to go to a class we're actually meant to be in this time," said the Inuzuka boy in reply, rolling his eyes sarcastically at the comment. Both nin-ken and Inuzuka seemed reasonably motivated though. Having signed up from the class, Kohaku had gotten a letter from the teacher with instructions on what to bring. Just all the weapons he owned. Simple enough; most in his branch at the clan preferred claws and fangs which seemed to have worked for them for many centuries.

The shinobi pair entered the classroom and took a seat in front of the teacher. An assortment of oddly coloured weapons laid on the desk in front of the sensei. He'd certainly not like to be on the receiving end of any of those, that was for sure. The cream-coloured nin-dog took his usual seat on the Inuzuka's lap, paying close attention to the teacher's words. They both seemed quiet enough for now but they weren't going to be afraid to show their potential in battle.

WC: 235

Ayeka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
A lone blue eye drifted slowly over groups of people moving up and down the hallway as the owner slowly shuffled her way past each classroom trying her best to stay as far away from others notice as possible while still making progress on her journey. I don't really understand these people. They are so noisy and chaotic. Shinbou thought with a tinge of panic. Ever since she was brought to the village she had been feeling overwhelmed with just how everyone acted as if they were free to do as their pleased which was just bizarre to the young girl. Reaching up and brushing a finger over the heavy leather collar that hung loosely from her neck Shinbou calmed herself by gently tugging on the iron loop hanging from the front before taking a depth breath. 'Just follow your orders. That's all you need. Shinbou thought as she arrived at the classroom she had been told to attend by the person who had been acting as her custodian while she was being rehabilitated.

Gently opening the door Shinbou meekly poked a head in and looked around internally relieved just to see one other student and strangely enough a dog for some reason but then again the students around here seemed to be allowed to take liberties she herself couldn't imagine even having such as what some of them ate. Stepping further into the class Shinbou projected a strong feeling of nerves and fearfulness just by being in front of two people without even intending too as she tried to think of something to say. Um S-s-sensei I was t-t-told to attend class here.<i></i> With that her courage was spent as she quickly moved to sit far away from anyone else with her eye only quickly glancing at the weapons on the table before dismissing them. She wasn't interested in using much more beyond her own body. She was so quick to sit down however she failed to realise she had dropped a small length of chain from inside her clothes on the floor at the front of the class and by the time she did he was to scared to go in front of the other student in order to pick them up and she just stared at the item with panicked longing while completely missing what the teacher said.

[WC= 368]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well... This is going to be an interesting class to say the least. Ziren thought to himself. A class about adaptability and being flexible, and then, as if Lady Luck hit him with some irony, he now finds himself having to improvise.

He read the two names off of the sheet of paper of the two people who were to come. An Inuzuka, and a Nanjirou. Inuzuka, has dog, check. Nanjirou... Well... He has read about them and knows they usually carry swords around, with the occasional ancient spirit following them around. This was not the case when a girl came in the classroom and briefly said she was here to attend class before rushing off to hide in the back of the room.

He then noticed something glinting off of the sunlight. He looked over and it was some kind of chains, he looked over at the girl and seen that she was staring at them. He scooped it up in his hands and walked over to where she was sitting and set it down on her desk. "Be careful not to misplace your items. Other people do not have such kind hearts as others."

He then walked back to the front of the classroom. "So, as you may or may not know, this class is about improvising. Adaptability. Being flexible. Now, both of you, can you tell me in your own words what it means to improvise. To adapt. And to be flexible in some situations."

He watched and listened carefully to what each had to say. It will be interesting to say the least, to see how Konoha's young minds think. The Medical Ninja also kept his ears open, listening for any blood flow, mainly for the final student to appear, the one that had signed up for the class who wasn't here.

(306)
(562/1500)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As soon as the small girl entered the room, she was immediately noticed by the Inuzuka. She stank of sweat and fear, not to mention the aura of awkwardness she emanated was almost physical. Shiro and Kohaku both looked at each other as she meandered to the back of the class, dropping a length of chain out from under her clothes behind her as she walked. She was kinda creepy... But she seemed harmless enough. Shiromaru seemed mildly concerned about the chain, not really sure if someone like that was supposed to be used as a weapon or if it was some kind of messed up fashion accessory. Both Inuzuka and nin-ken turned their attention back to the teacher for now and tried to focus on what he was saying. Adaptability... yeah, he felt like he could handle that. Shiro was the first to 'answer' the question, letting out a series of grumbles and whines.

"What Shiromaru means is that you gotta go with the tide of the battle or the mission. You analyse the situation and think of a solution on the spot 'cause nothing will ever go as planned. He says that if the music changes, you do a different dance," most of Kohaku's words were clumsy and unfocused as he tried to translate his partner's words for the untrained ear. Shiro was always the smarter, more attentive one after all.

The pair of them watched for a few moments as the teacher scooped up the girl's chains and walked them to the back of the class where she was sat. He turned briefly in his chair to get a look at her and to get an idea of her scent. He could hear the intense beating of her heart, but he figured he could've done so without having his sensitive hearing. She looked so uncomfortable in her own skin though.

"Let's just get class out the way today," he mumbled to Shiro.

WC: 327
MFT~

Ayeka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Shinbou's face quickly turned red as her chain was picked and brought back to her but she still accepted the hunk of metal back gratefully with a small nod despite her the fact now glowing face threatened to make her pass out from the increased blood flow but as the teacher stepped away from Shinbou who was then was able to take a few deep breaths and calm down. 'I don't know how to deal with other people. This is hard...…..Why did they force me here.' She thought as she grabbed her chain from the table and placed it back into her top settling the chain back into the other bindings that were hidden by her clothes.

Once done with that Shinbou focused back onto the class in time to hear their sensei voice his question and the boy with the dog give his own answer which seemed pretty good from the sound of it. Once he had finished speaking she noticed the boy turn around to look over at her and could have sworn he was talking to the dog next to him but that couldn't be right unless the kid was insane.

"Um I-I guess flexibility is to use y-y-you're natural abilities to change the environment and situation t-t-t-to better suit the situation. Like m-m-my bloodline trait." Shinbou then lifted her hand up and visible shifted the bones around in her hand as an example of what her bloodline trait was and hoped her sensei could infer what she meant since she didn't think she could bring herself to explain further. Talking in front of other was scary after all.

[WC= 271]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The teacher noticed the girl's face turn red, as the blood flow in her face was a lot. He let out a small sigh and went back to the front of the room and listened to each of the students answers. With a nod, the Medical Ninja then said, "And this is where our weapons come into place."

Ziren looked over at his own pile of weapons he has made himself. Bringing his right hand up, the red Spike and red scythe floated up into the air, before changing their state of matter from solid, to liquid. Blood. His blood then went into Ziren's skin and back into his body. He didn't stop there, he took off his metal arm that was attached and set it down on the table, showing the students that he is one armed.

"Don't be alarmed. I am perfectly okay. You are right little Miss. Of using your natural abilities to gain the edge. But also, sometimes, it can be used against you as well. That is why, a shinobi cannot be grounded to only using one weapon at their own disposal. I myself, am proficient in unarmed, and slashing style. Somewhat effective in throwing and puppet. And not really that good with projectile, bludgeoning, and piercing. But this is where this lesson comes into place. Sometimes you will feel out of your element. In which case, you will have to sometimes do something you are not good at in order to surprise your opponents. A ninja fighting a Chigokai would expect to see a lot of blood justsus and up close and personal fighting. A person fighting an Inuzuka, would have to fight both the ninja and their dog. And for if one were to fight a Kaguya, which I presume you are Miss, they would expect to fight someone who can use their own bones as weapons."

Ziren paused, and then went on. "So, let's start off with something easy. Can you each tell me which fighting styles, Slashing, unarmed, throwing, projectile, bludgeoning, piercing, and puppetry, would be your kind of taijustsu? And then tell me what kind of weapons choice of taijustsu style would you be least likely to choose from."

(369)
(931/1500)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Again, he could feel the discomfort radiating off that girl at the back of the class. He looked back at her just after she finished answering the question, but he looked back too soon; just in time to see the bones in her hand shifting about and change. It almost made him feel sick so he turned his attention back to the front of the class and let out a deep sigh of concentration. It didn't get much less gross in this classroom though; the teacher's weapon was being hoisted into the air before the coagulated blood liquefied again and drained back into his body with a sickening gushing sound.

"These guys are freaks," he mumbled to Shiromaru who was looked ahead at the teacher like he'd just seen his favourite superhero land on the ground before him. Well... they didn't always agree on everything anyway. It took Kohaku a few minutes to work up the stomach to speak up again.

"We prefer slashing, first and foremost," the Inuzuka finally piped up, "we use our claws and teeth to tear things open, right Shiro?" The dog quickly followed by nodding with an excited yip, "then we always fall back on unarmed; punching and kicking when we don't wanna be messy," even though Kohaku was quite clearly talking about ripping open the flesh of wild animals and basking in the thrill of the hunt, he sounded like he was merely discussing the weather with an old friend.

"Puppetry, bludgeoning, projectile, all that we wouldn't be quite so good at, I think. Shiro and I prefer up close and personal," Kohaku explained, settling himself back down once his big explanation of his skills was over.

WC: 288
MFT~

Ayeka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Shinbou smiled slightly at seeing her sensei's abilities since he was the first person with an intensive body manipulation bloodline she had seen since she had arrived in the village and it was kind of calming to see someone similar to herself. Apparently judging by the boys face in front of the class though he was a lot less enthused by their teachers abilities and probably hers too but that was ok she didn't really need to talk to the other kids she just needed to do as she was told.

With that thought Shinbou refocused and was intrigued by the teachers proesthetic which showed a long and proably hard shinobi career and found it amazing how he could reabsorb his blood. Kaguya generally couldn't reabsorb their bones since their bodies regenerated the lost mass within seconds of it being extacted which usally led the Kaguya discarding their bones on the battlefield to degrade over time like any organic matter which was wasteful when compared to the blood users. After the demonstration and apparent enthusiasm of the little dog with the boy in class Shinbou decided to give her own answer to their sensei's question.
"I guess I would use slashing, piercing, genjustu and ninjutsu personally but I would use puppertry or unarmed taijutsu."[/b] Shinbou said with a shrug as she fell quiet and twiddled with a chain hanging around a wrist.

[WC=232]

OOC: Sorry for long delay life got busy.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren let out a sigh as he heard the Inuzuka boy say that they were all freaks. Some people, of course, don't understand a person of his blood line, or even the girl's. A Kaguya, bone user. "You may see a freak, but a lot of shinobi with... Unnatural powers and talents over their own bodies, like the Chigokai and Kaguya can excell in a lot more. Like I myself can hear the blood flow of everyone around me. And Kaguya can regrow their bones at incredible speeds. Just like you, Inuzuka, excell in some areas in which we cannot. Your excellent sense of smell and companionship of your dog beats some tracking capabilities of other ninja. But getting back on topic."

He listened to what each student had to say about what their preferred weapon types are and what kind of weapons they will not be using as much.

"As I have said before, I am excellent in unarmed and slashing, and because of it, my weapons are my Hemonancers gift. Blood weapons. The scythe," Blood came out of his hand and formed a scythe. "And Spikes." Blood spikes came out of his body every which way, making him look like a porcupine with red needles. He still held the blood scythe in his right hand."The reason why is because using my own blood is almost effortless for me to do now. So what I am getting at is mainly stick with using your blood line when mixing with a Taijustsu weapon that you find yourself familiar with. But let's say, in my case, I am dangerously low on blood. I won't be able to sacrifice any more to use to make a weapon, if I can't replace that blood soon. Or for if you are an Inuzuka, what would happen if you fight someone who can can just break your teeth and your claws have no effect on them? Or a Kaguya and your enemy or opponent was strong enough to break your bones easily, rendering your bone weapons useless? That is where your other weapons come into place."

Ziren picked up his metal arm and popped it back on to his stump of his left arm side. "My Projectile weapon." He grabbed the double throwing scythes and attached them to the sides of his waists, by the belt. "Throwing weapon." A single hand seals and his puppet went poof and into a scroll, Ziren then put the scroll in his pocket, "Puppet." He then lifts the heavy hammer and sets it down gently by his side. "Bludgeoning and piercing. As for why this weapon is different, I modded it to have multiple capabilities "

"As a ninja and a shinobi, we have to prepare for the worst sometimes. Our favorite or most useful weapon, shattered to pieces and we have to fall back on other things. Ninjustu not working on an enemy, and having to use either Genjustu or Taijustsu. The possibilities are endless as long as you are ready for whatever to come your way. As long as you are prepared for it, anyway."

Ziren stopped talking, and studied his two students, after he let them think, he then said, "Either of you have any questions for me?"

(542)
(1473/1500)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kohaku figured the teacher would probably end up getting to him and making him feel slightly bad for his sudden outburst. He still wasn't used to meeting certain ninja who had peculiar Kekkei Genkei, specifically those allowing other ninja to manipulate their bodies to such a graphic degree. The Inuzuka boy, personally, preferred to keep all his fluids and bones inside his body if he could help it. Shiromaru seemed a lot more intrigued throughout the whole exchange than his big brother did. The little dog was practically hanging off the edge of his seat.

"Yeesh," he groaned almost inaudibly to himself as he watched the teacher excude dark red spikes from the pores on his body, looking like he was ready to discharge them and inflict shrapnel wounds on his dear students. The idea of using projectile weapons wasn't something that Kohaku and Shiromaru had massively considered as most members of his clan's branch preferred the up-close-and-personal style of attack. Teeth and claws with a lot of lightning jutsu mixed in. The teacher was right though, even that wasn't completely foolproof 100% of the time and there'd certainly be a time where he just wouldn't be able to rely on that combination. Projectile weapons though... even Shiro knew that Kohaku was useless at throwing things. Genjutsu and Ninjutsu though... Well, he figured he wasn't too bad at Ninjutsu, but Genjutsu was a little bit too complex for him to execute reliably - he wasn't really subtle enough of an individual to be considered all that gifted with it. His father would often teach him a lot of Lightning and Earth Ninjutsu though, which he could usually rely on if he wasn't able to get too close to his opponent and it'd also offer him some degree of protection to shield himself from larger jutsu.

"Puppet," he quietly parroted when the teacher was putting away his things. The idea of fighting with a puppet creeped him out; the things looked like horrible demonic creatures and the idea of fighting one was something he didn't really want to ever have to put himself through. To be honest, he wasn't completely sure how he would even go about that battle and what he'd do to combat the different tools and mechanisms the puppet was capable of using. Those creepy contraptions were resilient though.

"Sensei," he began, shaking off his jitters from earlier, "how would you go about fighting a puppet? What weaknesses should you watch out for?"

He settled back down with Shiro after he asked his question, not really wanting to spare a glance at the girl behind him just yet in case she was still doing something nauseating with her bones that'd make him lose his lunch.

WC: 460
(1310/1500)

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren waited for the girl to speak, but she hasn't. He let out a sigh, as he turned to the Inuzuka. He had an interesting question. How would one deal with a puppet? Or per se, the puppeteer.

He knows quite a bit of ways around such a problem. "There are plenty ways around fighting a puppeteer and their puppets. One is sheer force, being able to break the puppet so that it is unable to even be used. Another option is using Genjustu. Mess with the puppeteer's senses, making them fail in their using their puppets, or even flat out using a Genjustu to turn them on their controller. The last way to deal with said puppet, is to just ignore it and go around it, straight to the puppeteer."

He then let out a sigh, he taught them all that he could, but the girl didn't seem to get it as much as the boy.

"Consider this class done. You pass." Ziren pointed to the Inuzuka. He then pointed to the girl. "Me and you will need to talk at a later time, seeing about getting you more help in your classes."

(194)
(1667)
(Inuzuka Kohaku: make sure your total word count is 1500, once you do that, you pass)
(Kaguya Shinbou fails this class for lack of posting on time)
(Topic left)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kohaku listened attentively to the explanation, giving him some relief. Brute force, eh? He really hated puppets; they always kind of freaked him out, and not to mention, they could also be pretty deadly if loaded with lots of poison and pointy objects. Genjutsu wasn't really his specialty so he there wasn't going to be much luck on that front, but considering Shiromaru's ears perked up at the mention of 'brute force', that was enough of an indicator that the two would do okay. Kohaku had kind of disregarded the girl behind him at this point, she had sunk into silence for some unknown reason.

After the teacher had given his explanation, he told them that they'd passed. The Inuzuka boy nodded, a smile growing on his face with the satisfaction that he was inching closer to qualify for his exam. Shiro jumped down from his chair and stretched his fluffy legs, waiting for his big brother to follow along behind him as the class ended. He took one last glance back at the girl on the other end of the classroom and shook his head.... what a shame; he'd wanted to talk to her and see what she was all about but she seemed pretty catatonic right now.

"Thanks, sensei," he said, giving a respectful bow of his head as he prepared to head off.

(1537/1500)
Topic Left~

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back