Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

After-school special [open]

Ota Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Held back after class again, the young Ota girl was becoming a regular as she cleaned the boards and wiped down the desks. She was not late to her lessons, or rude to her instructor, or even tried to skip out on field practice. No. Today, when called, Shiori’s voice could not rise. Knowing the answer did not make a difference, when instead of speaking you begin to slide downward. From there, the other students began to whisper or giggle and the teachers face just grew darker and darker... Apparently, it is unacceptable to crawl under ones own desk in order to avoid answering questions in front of the entire class. Cleaning was not so bad though. After another of teacher’s little talks, she got the spend time in the classroom alone. Sometimes there was simply too much going on and she could not focus, but as she wiped the board and organized the teacher’s notes, Shiori had had the time to review and consider the lesson. She did not have anything better to do. Grandma might disagree, but for a little longer the child was free.

Chakra, Elements, Jutsu. Everyday she learned and grew even more hopeful for the future, even if she could manage to show she knew the information aloud. Would she be capable? And if so, then how? In what way could she adapt herself to this life? Shiori was nearly a blank slate, material for the mold. She was of no special birth or bearing, as far as she knew, so it was as her father told her with a smile: “Make yourself as you wish.” Shiori was just finishing up her tasks and deep in thought, with an awkward smile to herself.

Murakami Reizo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Reizo gave a little sigh as he stood outside the classroom where he knew Ota Shiori was presently cleaning up. Reserved and introverted, he had been approached by their mutual teacher to see if he could convince Shiori that answering was not a terrifying event. He was shy in his own right, but hid behind very carefully worded statements, as polite and precise as he could make them when answering in class. I guess it makes sense that teacher would ask someone of a similar disposition to talk to her... he mused for a moment longer before nudging open the door and stepping inside.

"Uhm. Ota Shiori...?' the words came out hesitating, somewhere between a question and a statement. He was, admittedly, a little further ahead than Shiori in the Academy's curriculum, but the girl would probably still recognize the tall boy (who may as well have towered over most other kids his age, honestly) with the white hoodie and black scarf with the yellow arrow on it. He fidgeted with the sleeves, then stepped a bit further into the room, towards where Shiori was finishing out her cleaning, "Our teacher asked me to come and talk to you when you were done cleaning today, if that is alright with you. If not, then I will let you be."

Ota Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Short lived as usual, Shiori's own musings came to a halt with the entrance of her classmate. She did not know his name yet, but she certainly remembered the lanky boy, whose face way visible in most student crowds. That he entered knowing her name made the girl instantly uncomfortable; her hands, most notably, retreating into the long sleeves of her grey jacket. She glanced his way, but shied from his presence, taking the last stack of texts to the shelf. She was finished, though now she wished she had something more to do as she listening to him speak. Still turned mostly away, and the last of the books in place, a quiet voice squeaked from Shiori, "If Teacher asked you too..."

Fading out, the girl brushed her hair across her face a little before turning to approach. Her eyes down, it looked like she expected more scolding as her steps got smaller and smaller before stopping several step from Reizo. Her eyes darted up once, but back again, afraid to catch eyes with the boy. Her lips shook with a breath, as if she was going to say something but instead with a silent sigh, Shiori bowed to the senior student and waited for him to start.

Murakami Reizo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Reizo's head tilted to the side slightly as he observed Shiori, noting the girl's similar nervous tell to his own, though he supposed with her sudden... withdraw she hadn't noted his own hands doing a similar thing with his own hoodie sleeves. If he could actually get a hoodie that fit a little too long, his hands would likely regularly disappear into the clothing. But, he had to sate himself with fiddling with the ends of the sleeves. He offered a very slight smile when she glanced his way. He gave a barely notable sigh, fidgeting a little himself then forcing his hands into the pockets of the white hoodie, with the shimmery, golden floral pattern along the inner lining.

"You do not have to listen to me," he commented simply, "Nor do you really need to be nervous about talking with me." His voice was quiet and calm, it was probably a good thing that they were the only two in the room and that the rest of the classrooms nearby were already empty, along with the hall. His voice could be easily lost among the noise. While it didn't sound quite as nervous or uncertain as Shiori's, there certainly were similar qualities. He blinked, however, when she bowed to him, slightly taken aback.

"I am younger than you. You do not have to bow to me, even though I am taller than you..." he sounded almost baffled at the thought, "Teacher just wanted me to see if I could convince you that answering a question is no reason to hide so thoroughly. That is all."

Ota Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Fingers curling beneath the fabric, Shiori arms remained glue to her sides. Her eyes, which were rather wide for her face, began scanning the ground around Reizo's feet as he spoke. Even as she lifted them higher, reacting to his strange words, they did not make it passed his chin, watching him enunciate. He is weird, and this is weird. Standing near-motionless, Shiori waited a moment after the boy spoke, seeming to take great care in finding her words. "... I do not like being called... everyone stares... everyone is staring."

Pausing, she though she should answer his comment about her choice to bow. "And you... have been here longer than me, father said to give respect if you want to be worthy of it."

She still did not know who she was talking to, which was uncomfortable enough. As nice as he might try to be - nice enough not to get too close, or odd like to explain her choices to listen or not - there seemed to her, no manner to solve her awkwardness. She would rather just take a written test to prove she knew it. Something anonymous. Neither did she want the Teacher to think she was not completing her studies. Such a bothersome thing.

Murakami Reizo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy gave a little nod. He seemed to have completely forgotten about the idea of introducing himself, or didn't find that particular bit of information too important at the moment. He understood, if nothing else. "I know. I am not very fond of it myself. But the quicker you give an acceptable answer, whether it is right or wrong, the less time others will spend staring or paying attention," it seemed like something he had thought about a lot, "You tend to leave more of an impression by not answering at all and draw further attention to yourself that way."

There was another little pause and Reizo tilted his head again, contemplating her words, "I might understand it more if I were actually of a different rank than you. But I am still a student, not even a genin. I started in the academy a little bit earlier than you, but not by too much I do not think..." he thought about it for a little while. He wasn't sure. He didn't keep a close watch on who new joined in his classes, or when they joined to be honest. It was about here that he realized he hadn't introduced himself.

"Ahh... my grandmother would kill me for being so impolite. My name is Murakami Reizo. I should have thought to actually tell you my name before... I am sorry."

Ota Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiori had not though of it that way - that by her choice of reaction, he would most that likely bring more attention to herself - and the thought made her small frame shudder. It sounded, and looked a little, as if he was speaking for experience, so the girl thought it best to try harder not to stand out. Likewise she had to agree that he was probably right about bowing, and it would make her stand-out to act this way to the other students. Shiori might not enjoy talking like this, but Reizo was being awfully nice even if her was prompted.

Almost confused when he introduced himself, the girl's larger, dark eyes met Reizo's and she hazarded an short smile. "It is nice to meet you Murakami." Looking back to her shoes, she nodded once but adding, "I understand what you mean. I will try to avoid causing problems in the future. Thank you." Partly just something she thought he wanted to hear, Shiori had been looking for a way out since he entered, shifting her weight back of forth now, itching to end this exchange, or at least shift the topic from her to anything else.

"I should..." Shiori stuttered and stopped her sentence, coming up with nothing good t say that would allow her the chance to change subjects. Shrinking back a little more, the girl bumped herself against the table, startling her and causing a soft blush as she picks at the threads coming loose around her sleeve-cuff.

Murakami Reizo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The tall, lanky student returned the short smile with his own small smile, then blinked at her words, brow furrowing slightly. In fact, most of his facial reactions to things seemed to be slight and soft and small. Not necessarily that his face appeared emotionless, but more that it was schooled so often into a mask of neutrality that it was difficult for the features to react too drastically. Problems...? "I do not think you necessarily cause problems with the way you react to being called upon for anyone but yourself, if going relatively unnoticed is your goal..." he said slowly, "I mean. Yes. Teacher keeps you after to talk to you about not answering and things like that. But. It really only causes you trouble over all..."

He shrugged at about this point, "You should... probably get going, I am assuming?" he supplied, "Unless there is another topic you would like to discuss." He noted her bumping up against the table and took a very slight step backwards, giving her even further space.

Ota Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He came about it in his own way, but Shiori has meant exactly that. There were enough difficulties without causing herself a problem in class. She had to admit that is was not really that bad; just a dozen kids her age. Most of the time she was able to sit in the back of the room and listen. Other than the loudmouths of the class and that one know-it-all, most of the students were quiet and awkward, trying to find there place like she was. No one else froze up like she had. Still, it was a hopeful thought.

"Yeah... studies." She answered softly, the excuse to leave was real enough, though Shiori did not want to seem. So, as she stepped to the side giving space between them, she passed by with a warmer spoken, "Thank you, Murakami-kun." With her demeanor it might for a moment seem like she was thank him to let her leave, but in her voice and a parting glance were genuine gratitude.

Scooting passed and out the door, Shiori stopped, her finger becoming exposed to grip the edge fo the doorframe, hiding most of herself behind it as she hazarded another sort of parting. "Maybe... we could train together sometime... if you want." Not one to wait around for the chance of be regretted, Shiori hurried off down the on light steps. After saying that, she really needed to get out of here, back home where it was safe.

(Exiting. Thanks for Playing!)

Murakami Reizo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Reizo gave a little nod. He wasn't entirely certain if her excuse of "studies" was entirely legitimate, or if it was more than she wanted to get away from the entire conversation. But it didn't make much of a difference to him. He had done as he was asked, and he figured that would be good enough. He smiled when she thanked him though, deciding to take both potential meanings from the words. "Not a problem. Teacher asked me to, after all," he gave a little shrug.

He stepped a little bit away from her, turning as he watched her walk out the door. He was about to head after her when he spotted her fingers on the doorframe. His head tilted to the side again. Then he smiled. "Yes. That is something we could do..." he said soft and slow, though the girl was already skittering off by the time the words made it out. He gave a little shrug. It didn't make much of a difference to him whether or not she had heard what he said. "Only if she wants to, though. This was.... awkward enough..." he shook his head a little bit and walked out of the room after her, heading off in his own direction. Speaking of training, he had some of his own to do.

[Exiting]

(Not a problem at all. Not that the RP was too terribly interesting, I'd imagine. >.<)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back