Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Aikayume Azusa vs Okada Kaji [Event - Fight] -- Aikayume Azusa Victor

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Throughout the battle, each attack filled the arena with a variety of sounds; the vigorous cheers for some. The cries of worry from others. Or even the impartial cheers of those only desiring to see a good bloodsport.

Nothing held as much as weight as the final strike--

An attack carrying the lingering traces of the malevolent chakra the demon Akkuma had the audacity to infuse her with at one point. Though the demon's curse no longer influenced her body and mind, she could still draw out that power in brief bursts. A Fist of Sin, it was exactly the type of cursed power she would chastise others for using. Disgusting, but effective. Yet, like many other things, the vixen believed herself above the same standards she mentally placed upon others.
The attack struck true, and she could feel that the battle had been ended at that point. "Well done." Azusa spoke as she exhaled deeply; her flame-like chakra giving a final bright flicker before fading, her bright white hair and tails returning to the golden luster of her natural state. The crimson runes across her body ceased to glow. "Well done..." She felt weary...but did her best to not show the slightest hint of exhaustion. She was unwilling to give the impression of her power being anything other than absolute, afterall. Not in front of the countless eyes within the crowd.

As for her opponent...Azusa believed a twisted perversion of the Earth country's saying; One could never have too many tools too choose from. With Kaji's skillset at her side, she was certain they would be able to end Sand's war. No, even greater; she could claim an entire country through her power and his subterfuge! And from there? Perhaps even the countries beyond. As he supported himself up with his blade, she had expected him to acknowledge her (how could he not), not reject her offer. How could someone not desire to be part of such a future? Did he think she would not extend her benevolence to those at her side?

No?
(I lack not in grace, wealth, or power.)
...No?
(The Spirits themselves saw fit to bless my birth with peerless beauty and boundless potential.)
......No?
(...Am I to believe whatever current attachments he has are worth keeping over a future I can offer?)

As someone who was never satisfied and constantly desired "more" in her life, Azusa struggled understanding Kaji being "content" toward what he already had. It was a foreign concept she was incapable of comprehending. The only conclusion her Azusa-logic could reach? That Kaji was simply unable to see just everything she had to offer. What a stubbornly loyal man Kaji was.

....Fortunately, she was nothing if not stubbornly persistent herself. She backed away as the Lizard spirit approached him, protecting its ally from further harm. With the fight over, Kaji was out of her reach for now. "...It seems it cannot be helped. Very well; I shall grant you time to reconsider your misjudgement. Until I deliver the final blow of this tournement's final match, my offer remains open; you need only seek me out." She would not beg. But if she had the chance to sink her claws into him at a later time, persuasion was not beneath her. "Let it never be said that Lady Azusa is not patient and understanding." The golden fox turned to leave the arena; claiming new treasures such as Kaji was only half her goal afterall.

Next, it was time to "defend" the ones she already owned from being stolen away.

[Topic Left]

OOC: That was fun! I enjoyed the topic Kaji. And Sanyu, thank you for modding. I've made minibanners for you both as a sorta "thank you", not sure if its something either of you'd like, but if so feel free to take them. The title is mostly placeholder and easily changed, if you'd like me to.

qq51fVE.png

iur7NLq.png

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There was little left to be said for the pair of Kaji and Azusa once their battle was done. Actions spoke louder than words— or so it goes. But as Azusa spent her last moments on the field she showed the same restraint in victory as Kaji in his defeat, revealing the slightest misjudgment in character on Kaji’s part. He was quick to claim her confidence as arrogance but found himself wondering as she turned to leave; the seven tails swayed proudly in her stride. “Mystifying,” remarked Kaji as a lasting observation until she was gone. While there were no honeyed words or temptations that could turn him from his beloved wife and babe, Kaji was considering the values of learning more about their neighbors to the west. Perhaps it would do well for the Cloud to make allies beyond the mountains of Maruishi. “Better allies than enemies,” thought Kaji, and Azusa was a fine place to start building a rapport. He’d have to consider paying her a visit while the chance existed… if only to explore some potential diplomacy, lest you forget Kaji played the same role in bridging the Leaf and Cloud. Then again, it was his brand of diplomacy that led Kaji Okada to his wonderful life with Yuii, Umeko, and the many friends he had made in the Hidden Cloud. They were bonds he’d never forsake; bonds he’d never allow to be cut by bloodshed or any other means.

Kneeling there could have been more of a humbling experience, yet Kaji already saw himself as nothing more than one man in a large world of inexplicable power and vexing dangers. As we all are: he was the product of his ancestors’ ways and was provided the tools needed to carve out an existence for himself in the shinobi’s world. Kaji never expected to be a savior of any lands or villages, but he went through life doing what he could to make wherever he roamed the least bit brighter. Despite a conviction to do what he saw as little for the world, Kaji had become a player in acts affecting many lives on more than one occasion. He had a shrouded legacy that began years ago within the underground city Arcadia; the Village Hidden in the Stone.

In truth, he wanted to forget his past: Kaji wanted to leave his past in the Hidden Stone behind, yet his endeavor into the tournament had the Stone at the sum of it. As Kaji lived out his momentary defeat he expected a rush of familiar faces, namely Yuii and other allies with concern for him. However, the first pair to approach Kaji was not so familiar or welcomed by him and his many-scaled comrade. Rhokul was still ready to fight and stared hard at two Shinobi with rich caramel complexions and crimson tinted garments bearing the sigils of the Hidden Stone. One was a young man with a scraggly sable mane, wild eyes, a firm jawline and a build complementing the paddle-shaped weapon hoisted over his back. Beside him walked a woman with much softer features, though they looked to be related, even siblings. Her eyes were like his; pools of mercury, but her hair a luscious amber, long and contained in a large twisted knot above her crown. A belt-strap crossed her uniform and from it hung glass orbs with miniature potted plants within. They slowed to cautious steps once Rhokul’s tail became bristled and ready to swing hard. Whatever this pair wanted had to wait— they came to a stop when someone familiar to Kaji flocked to his side first. Out from the stands, it seemed that Yuii could not hold back any longer and was rushing to her fallen lover.

Of the two shinobi, the brother spoke inaudible words with his attention turned to his sister, and she raised her delicate hands to form hand gestures— a silent hand code— privately communicating them to Kaji from afar, making their wishes known. Kaji caught a glimpse of them and registered the gesture, but Rhokul nearly mistook them for hand seals in the making. “Be calm, my friend” coughed Kaji, who was feeling a struggle to function now that the rush of adrenaline from his battle had subsided. “They only wish to talk with me— in private.” The implications were much greater, but as the two Stone shinobi turned their backs and began a walk off the battleground, Kaji’s summary proved true. “It seems my work in the Land of Tea is far from done.”

As he saw his closest companion and better half coming to him, Kaji could finally release his composure. The pain was great and it was taking everything he had to keep a grip on Eelspine. Seeing his beloved blue woman coming to him, he let the blade free and finally toppled over into the sand, succumbing to his injury. He was narrow-eyed and watching with those emerald orbs still lively as she came like an angel to call him home, though charmingly less elegant. His mind was full of all the ways he cherished her, overloaded and reeling back through the short years. He sounded delirious when he said “... We never finished our game of darts,” a phrase only Yuii Okada would understand. It was the same thing he said last time she found him bleeding out in the dust.

-- Calling Yuii Kagetsu.
-- OR Leaving Topic to Make Follow-Up One.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It wasn't fear, worry, or even disappointment Yuii felt, as she made her way down to the arena, her skin prickling with the sensation of slime across her skin. Kaji had fought valiantly, bravely, with every ounce of his strength until the last blow. He had thrown everything into his battle, held nothing back. For that, despite his loss, he would be celebrated in Kumogakure all the same. They would adore their foreign knight for standing strong against the fox-tailed woman and finding dignity to the last blow. Umeko would grow up hearing retellings or her father's great battle, his arc in the country of Tea, and the heroism of brandishing the triple flags of Stone, Leaf and Cloud.

Nor could Yuii call this sadness or melancholy over the situation, as her pace quickened for the final meters. Kaji may have lost, but he wasn't a charred husk or mutilated steak. With a heal and a bath, he'd be good as new. It wasn't as if his loss had lost him for her. Umashi had been positive in her assertion that he wanted Kaji to return to Kumogakure. He would come home with her, one way or another

Anxiety, she realised, for the future. Fate refused to communicate anything about the future to her. Everything had hinged on the idea that Kaji would win and be occupied by the tournament, and now all she had were questions. Had this been enough for Stone? Or would there be more games at play? What were the troubles Umashi had eluded to, and would Ayumu and presumably his wife be able to handle it? Was it over, or would there be more hurdles and hoops to jump?

Such was her tunnel vision for Kaji that she didn't bother to notice the stone-nin or acknowledge Rhokul's form. All that mattered was the man in the dust muttering cryptic phrases only she could unlock, "You can make it up to me later," she replied automatically, echoing the past, while pragmatically planting a kiss on his brow. Her lips were coated in a liquid worse than any gel lip gloss, and the thought of kissing herself was cringe-worthy. "At least you don't look like a well-done steak this time," she added, looking for humour to lessen the gravity of the situation.

With Umeko strapped to her side, it was no easy task to squirm her way beneath Kaji's weight and leverage him back up, but she managed it somehow. The dirt mixed with the ooze she would never forgive Umashi for was an unpleasant feeling though. "Oomph, I think all those granite cakes have gone to your bones," she huffed, keen to get out from the curious eyes of thousands of bystanders. She made for the arena opening Kaji had arrived through, convinced there would be some kind of place to deal with her husband's injuries. "Boots and the Catman will be along shortly, but let's get you away from all this. "

Edit: Topic left

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She entered Kaji’s perception, garnering his attention the same way he’d sense an enemy choosing him on the battlefield yet so oppositely at the same time. The crowd was thunder rolling, but this woman was like the flash of light— Yuii was white-hot voltage racing towards Kaji. Just her touch was like a resuscitation for Kaji’s vigor. His eyes were rolling back before she appeared but he regained focus if only to see her and their creation nestled against her heart. Umeko was awake and taking in her surroundings, seemingly confounded by the spectacle of the arena floor and her battered papa.

Just having them near reminded Kaji of all the success in his life; yes, this battle meant nothing in the splendor he lived in this perfect timeline. Even in a weakened state, Kaji’s senses were taking in his lover’s presence with acute focus. He never doubted for a second that it was Yuii, but something was off; her usual subtly sweet aroma was tainted, as was her touch, even her kiss, all by something sticky and viscous. Of course, Kaji had a fleeting thought to ask about the sudden change, he refused to let it sour the sweetness of the moment, and locked the concern away. He accepted her touch without question and stirred, rising with Yuii's aid.

“You sure? ‘I could go for some steak” Kaji countered Yuii's jesting recall of the time Cloud’s Coliseum was nearly burned down in Kaji’s battle against the fiery Kaen. “Combat always leaves me feeling starved, but that’s how I know I left everything I had on the field.” He spoke with a hint of closure in those words, but there was still a part of Kaji Okada that would always regret each mistake he made in that battle. Each misstep was committed to memory and permanently marked on his body as new scars. “Let’s get out of here… I’ll have Bhelzira look at me later; the medics can focus their attention the others.” He took Eelspine in hand and raised it; the blade seemed as flawless as the day he first received it, and still warm with the chakra flowing through it from end to end. With a bit less finesse than he showed previously, Kaji flipped the saber over his shoulder and put the blade to rest for a while. The clink of Eelspine’s guard touching the scabbard signified a well-deserved rest for Kaji and his reptilian ally.

Kaji had to shuffle to Rhokul before ambling off the field, and with his entire little family gathered there— yes his wife, daughter, and the lizard as well, Kaji sought to show them gratitude. “My love, my light,” he said with an endearing look to Yuii, “for all you’ve done for my heart, I’d relive this fight as many times as it takes to get it right. ‘If the stag wills it I’ll go any distance, and if lost, I’d cut off the hand of Raiden and use it to point and show us... da wae—” then he suddenly paused with a heavy cough, remembering the broken ribs he suffered. “And Rhokul” continued Kaji with his eyes swiveling to his crimson-scaled ally. “I’ve never had a greater ally in battle—”
“I’m not the type for human sentimentality, Guardian” Rhokul cut in. “Even in a trial like this, there is an honor to be found in serving the pact… Just bring me a bucket if the spiced fire feathers and I’ll call us even. Until we meet again, rest well, Guardian Okada.”
Smiles were a rare sight from Kaji’s Oasis Clan allies, but the back edge’s of Rhokul’s snout curved into a toothy grin before the red titan began to disappear into a swell of interplanar steam. The plume of silver haze rolled over the Okada trio until Rhokul vanished, leaving them to carry on towards the tunnel exit. But in that void where Kaji watched his friend leave, he stared hard until the transparency revealed the crowd, and one peculiar face stood out from the crowd.

Icy blue eyes reflected the daylight, visible from afar like misplaced diamonds. Kaji squinted as he saw a familiar vision amongst countless gray faces; a frail little creature with silky obsidian strands for a mop top, and a tanned complexion just a few shades lighter from Kaji. She seemed familiar, or so Kaji thought as he focused on her long enough for the girl to turn nervous and vanish into stealthy obscurity behind countless strangers. Kaji shook the notion at once and blamed his delusion on wariness since he must have just been feeling after-effects from the illusions of Azusa Aikayume. However, Kaji knew better than to think genjutsu could cause old illusions to flare up again… So how could he have seen that same mysterious child from the preliminaries crowd again, and in Tea Country, of all places?

- Topic Left.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back