Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Ain't No Rest for The Wicked [Open/Onamuji]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okay, the world wasn't the place for such a twisted woman, and she now understood that. Even after meeting up with Saemon, her one true love, her heart was still stuck in its twisted and disturbed ways. For one cannot change the stripes on a zebra, or something along those lines about metaphorical change. A small tavern located near the Chameus Cave, or whatever it was called, specifically created for the recreational use of the workers that dared to enter the cave to exploit its resources. In other words, this 'recreational tavern' was just to get pissed. However on this day, Koho had cleared away the rats from beneath her feet, and left the tavern alone for but two souls. She had reached out to her former lover, which was a strong word to use, but it didn't really describe their relationship.

The 3rd hadn't seen Onamuji since he left Mist, and word had spread that his body had found heart and returned to the sands. She was happy to hear that he was okay, after all she viewed the man as a friend at the very least. You could call this gathering a little 'catch-up' but generally with Koho there was always going to be something more to her actions. Perhaps a bone to pick with the Sage.

The 3rd sat in the center of the tavern, near a circular fire that was encased by a small wall of grey and black bricks. She dressed herself in the usual red Victorian dress, a sight to impress.

[It's short, sowwy!]

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Muji approached the dirty tavern, he breathed a long sigh. He hadn't decided if it was in relief or anxiety yet, given the situation. On one hand, he was relieved to hear from Koho. She was not only alive, but in Sunagakure. Whatever the intentions of the Mizukage and his comrade, it seemed like they were for naught. The Red Lady was no longer held in their borders. Though their relationship was hard to define, it was certainly a positive one. More physical than emotional, but despite the attempts at keeping it cold and calculated, there was an obvious closeness.

On the other hand, he knew that the woman would have some words for him regarding his departure. Did he regret it? No. He wasn't left with much choice, given the circumstances. The two Kiri-nin made it clear that he was unwelcome, and given the blatant power plays and threats, they'd want him dead at the first opportunity. His presence was a threat, to the new Mizukage and Koho by extension. His speculation was that leaving was the best decision for everyone. He still had his own work to do. But...that didn't make him immune to Koho's displeasure. He wasn't omniscient, but he knew well enough to expect a lecture or a scathing set of remarks of some sort.

It didn't take long to find her once he entered. She was out of place in the dim, dank tavern. Amidst workers and common drunks, she was a spectacle of beauty in her crimson attire. Muji sauntered over slowly, taking measured breaths with each step.

"It's been a while. Too long, perhaps," he offered, taking a seat.

Was there more to say? Probably. He'd simply give a shrug at his own comment and wait to see what the red-haired princess had to say.

[OOC: Pish posh, applesauce!]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Perhaps one would have expected a completely different reaction to his sudden arrival, but actual fact, there was no hard feelings towards the Sage. "Onamuji." She would say softly with a smile as she remain seated, only to creakily stand and give the man a quick embrace when he got close enough. Koho would hold her hands on each shoulder smiling dearly as she shook her head with disbelief; clearly this Koho was a different one to when he had left her in Kiri. The village had changed her, hardened her to real situations, and made her resolve all the more clearer. "I'm happy that you're safe, I really am." And that was the God's honest truth - she feared that those rats would crammer to kill him after his departure. Her hands would drop from his sides and return to her own, where a shake of her head would follow alongside a little sigh of relief. She would take her seat by the crackling fire and gesture for her friend to join.

"Kirigakure was a lost cause... After you left things started taking a turn for the worst." Koho would say as she cupped her glass of white wine, looking emptily at the bright fire, before turning back to face Onamuji. "I had to leave, I refused to be their pawn anymore, but now I'm wanted by their militant forces; since I left without consent." And at that moment, Koho would recall that battle with Daiki at the cemetery - the dastardly little shit that attacked her First Lady without due cause. That little witch needed to die, she was beneath her Queen anyway.

"I needed to speak with you, Muji, about a certain someone." She would place her glass gently down upon the wooden table. A gulp of the white, alcoholic liquid would be noticeable as the rage built up within the woman's slender frame. "I need to know all about the woman that Saemon was seeing, the recent one, the guard named... 'Kit'-something."

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Muji's amethyst eyes would almost glimmer as she spoke, watching her intently as she moved her lips. He realized, even as she was speaking of their separation, how much of a void was left when he left her. The auburn-haired sage had become so used to her presence for so long, that not having her around was a gap in his life. He didn't realize it entirely until he was sitting with her, face to face. He could only imagine how Saemon must've felt...

Turning back to the conversation at-hand, Muji noted, "I'm glad to see you're safe, as well. I...tried not to worry, but then you are about the only thing I worry about. Everything else I can manage. You, on the other hand, tend to be...unmanageable."

With that, the sage gave a wry grin and rolled his eyes around the room, the various chakras and their constant pulsing lit up before his eyes.

"I apologize for leaving. I do. We both know what those two would've done had I stayed in Kirigakure," Muji spoke suddenly, a bit out of place in the conversation, "I was a liability and a threat, and that's two more reasons than they needed to want me dead. Those men...they are arrogant. Prideful. Violent. They relished in their little pissing contest, yet they were the only ones with their...genitals...cast out to be seen."

The Rikudo Sennin frowned and shook his head at the thought. The new Mizukage and his crony were laughable. Powerful, no doubt, but their constant and unwarranted threats made them seem like two gorillas beating on their chest in front of the only female around.

"I'm beyond them," Muji concluded bluntly, sighing softly as he leaned back a bit and crossed his arms. It wasn't pride that spoke. He wasn't a boastful man. It was a determined belief that he could've held his own against either man. But it wasn't two men that would've brought ruin to Muji, or his group. It was the throngs of Kiri-nin who would descend upon them in force to support or avenge the two. As history showed, even gods and demi-gods could fall to a determined village of shinobi.

Looking back to Koho, he listened to her words about a woman Saemon had been seeing. Muji wasn't aware of it, but it definitely sparked interest.

He raised an eyebrow, replying, "I haven't heard of this one. I knew about the young one he kept around, but not another. I could...search the registry, perhaps? Or perhaps you might confront our dear Saemon directly for...how does it go? Straight from the lion's mouth? I'm terrible with analogies..."

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Koho would hold her hand up to her face, cover herself for a moment as her head shook, with an almost visible smile on display for Onamuji. She would be feeling embarrassed at how she commonly acted towards him, and others in fact. "Unmanageable is being polite about it, Muji." Her hand would lower and a slightly reddened face woman would now be in place, biting down on her lip still slowly shaking her head. How did any cope with her? Onamuji then went on to talk about Kiri, and 'those two', who were the now Mizukage and the current Medical Sennin. They were indeed both two deluded and prideful men, always wanting to slyly uncut each other. And then there was Migoya that man was just the embodiment of evil. On that one occasion that he and she both met; Koroki had to intervene due to the situation. A threat was made upon the 3rd's life and for that; the conversation ran dry and the three parties went on their merry way. This only brought back the memories, the pain, and the sheer frustration that fell upon the 3rd being unable to return home to where her heart was... Her heart, Saemon, who had cheated on her multiple times whether that was emotionally or physically.

Muji didn't know a lot of the two, "I have... And I asked him to get married, foolishly.." Koho would lift her head and look at Onamuji on eye level, you could see the transformation that she had underwent through the last year, she was definitely more human now. "I can tell that he still loves her." A tear would roll down from her sharp blue hue, which may have shocked the sage. "It's only a matter of time before they play their games again." Koho would release a few more tears, unable to contain them behind their bulbous prisons, causing them to fall upon her gown. "Y-you're..." She would go to speak but become obstructed by the large block of salt stuck in her throat, her facial expression clearly showing a broken and distraught woman. "I'm so alone..." And the truth came home... She had nobody to be there with her, to love her, to just be with her? Was she such a drain that her one true love had to cheat, twice, in order to cope?

"I'm going to leave Saemon, for good." Her resolve would strengthen and then, the venom would make its appearance, seeping into her soul and diluting those last pieces of her humanity.

"I want Saemon and his lover dead."

Koho was almost broken by her own words, but they were so truthful, her heart was broken in two and it couldn't be repaired. She knew that both mistress and mister would be reunited and the thought killed her. The 3rd wasn't a woman to take light heart of love, and for the man she trusted most to betray her, to cast away all of the intimate moments for another woman just cut the cake. "Can you help me...?"

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
An odd smell hung in the air, one that would make anyone hurl. In spite of that what a delightful day this was for Hikudori. His facial hair trimmed, and his mind more at ease. He had found a new goal channeling the alarmingly fragmented memory he now possessed. Something in him told him to search the world. Currently unknown to him this was partly design of the puppet master, who now passively had a grip on Hiku. As they say, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". This was one of those kind of situations. Everything that didn't kill Hiku, would make him stronger, in turn making the hidden maestro of this orchestra, only that much stronger. Now if only he had a monkey tail...

However Hiku broke the design, and acquiring his own will was not part of this ideal timeline. However his grasp on his memories were minimal and the things that questioned in his mind could only take him so far. However that was all he needed to get moving; everything within the past six months, since the day he decided to take this shinobi life to a higher height, was questionable. How could he tell if these dreams were memories. How would Hikudori know? When a mind has been programmed, well it's as simple as nature, and one could only wonder if Hiku was still set to this designed path in the long run.

A faint heartbeat now pierced the pending silence. A blurred vision began to unfold in Hiku's mind. A man in a green robe held a vial in his hand. His hair was so white, brighter than light itself. His eyes glowed a deep vibrant blue. It was silent and intense all in one, the perfect blend. The man tossed the vial on the ground. He stomped on it claiming that if he couldn't have it no one would. He was angry full of hate, and power. His skin began to turn red, and then....

Black.

His eyes opened, sweat rolled, and he anxiously recycled the air. Hiku refocused his mind, on the pushing matter at the moment. He had fallen asleep on the doughnut in the heat of the moment. It was that he had these dreams and they scared the hell out of him sometimes. He didn't even understand why he dealt with them believing himself to be over the Djinn debacle with his new goal. One could claim he thought about this as a sick joke by some twisted god, for not believing in them. The Djinn was more than enough for Hikudori. He believed that his new goal in life should be to figure out these unknown wonders to the world. He would bring a break to myths and maybe invoke some divine intervention to turn the fortune of Sunagakure around, and give him a chance at earning his way into something life changing. That was wishful thinking but in this world it was possible. Hikuidori would do the dirty deeds needed to be done in order to truly-

-Plop, Plop, Plop-

There it was the final sounds of bliss. Hiku would snatch some tissue on the roll next to his seat. With a few smooth front to back wipes he felt like he was clean. Hiku would exit the stall, and head to a sink washing his hands. However the amount of soap in the dispenser was far too little for his taste. With a sigh he would intensely walk out of the bathroom stall and point towards the bar. "Okay two squirts is not enough to..." Upon inspection he realized that he was the only person in the bar besides two other eccentric souls. One woman wore a red dress that looked good enough to ravage her in and the other guy well he was handsome but something struck out to Hiku. He tilted his head and snapped his finger that was still pointing at the bar counter.

"I know you, You're Onamuji, we met around here before. Looks like you found your way out of the cave safely. Umm what's going on here though? Where did everybody go? He'd look around suspiciously and then refocus on Onamuji and the temptress in the red dress. He didn't know Ona too well, but maybe he and this woman had something to do with the empty tavern.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Though she spoke of it like it was a surprise, Muji knew about their engagement already. Saemon had already broken the news a short time prior. He had reservations, but...that was another story, and one Muji wasn't intent on sharing with Koho. Especially not now that she...wanted to kill him. The auburn-haired sage wasn't sure how to take her admission. She was...violent, no doubt. She was the warrior princess of a warlike empire. Her main goal was to spread war and chaos, after all, and she spilled blood as calmly and unflinchingly as one takes a breath. But to kill Saemon...her oldest friend and lover? The man she was set to marry? She couldn't be serious. It must've been the rage talking.

"Do you really mean to kill him, Koho?" the amethyst-eyed mystic queried, "Is death the answer?"

But before she could answer, a newcomer emerged. The place had until then been empty, or so Muji thought. It turned out to be the man he had ran into briefly in the Chaumerus Cavern...the one with the clone. What a strange way to diffuse the situation...at least for the moment, perhaps?

"...home, perhaps? Or another bar? Not here, that's certain," the sage answered, "It is a surprise and a pleasure to see you once again, Hi...kuidori."

That was it. Hikuidori. As he made his response, Muji could only glance sidelong to measure Koho's expression, wondering how this would turn out...

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Koho was slightly unhinged that Onamuji questioned her words, although she wasn't asking the simplest of questions; that's for sure. And while she could sympathize, she didn't really understand why he seemed to, well, not agree with her? One supposes that, from a 3rd persons perspective, that her just cause for killing Saemon and his love rat were uncalled for. "Of course..." Koho would admit with a smile dallying upon her face, although what went on behind that porcelain mask was a different story altogether. Either way, if she died or if Saemon died her heart would be filled up with content. Saemon had already broken hers into a million little pieces; it wasn't ever going to be that easy to win her back. Koho was a sick and twisted woman, alas this would be her sickest and most twisted goal thus far in her life.

Spiffy, very spiffy.

And of course, a newcomer would arrive, and conveniently it was someone that Onamuji was familiar with. It was at that point that the woman would take her leave without saying a word to the newcomer, only reaching up to grab his buttocks on way to the door.

[I'm terribly sick at the minute, my computer crapped out and my post died, so I'm sooooo sorry for the poor quality here. Topic left.]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed as if he just walked in on two people doing the do. The air was heavy, and infected with tension. Hikuidori stood firmer, gathering himself and waiting for Onamuji to say something and break the now awkward silence. Ona would luckily oblige, but by speaking to his companion who was also extremely silent and apparently tense.

"...home, perhaps? Or another bar? Not here, that's certain,"

He could hear Onamuji, and the words he spoke processed through his head. "What more could two people need in a bar that is now literally empty." Onamuji's next statement was directed at Hiku this time only to tell him it was a surprise but a pleasure as well, to see him here. Hiku would nod and respond in a slightly unsure tone. It was obvious he thought something was out of place. "Thank you Onamuji it's a pleasure to see you as well too... and you are?" Hiku would turn to the woman who was now getting up out of her seat. She didn't say anything to Hiku she only made a physical gesture, and that was towards his rear end. Of course Hiku was on guard, and slightly alarmed but didn't move when he felt her hand squeezing the meat of his butt.

Hiku would break off slightly as she grabbed, and watch her leave. With a confused look he'd turn to Onamuji and start talking. "Friend of yours? I'm assuming not your woman since she went to cop a feel. I also guess I ruined a private moment, sorry about that. Do you know where everyone is?" Seeing as how the bar was empty, and was definitely fuller as he had walked in. Something didn't seem right, like this was all a part of his dream. He'd keep watch on his surroundings, looking around the room constantly.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"No...certainly not my woman," Muji responded with a grin, "I'm not even sure whose woman she is, if anyone's. Her own, perhaps. It's hard to say, and I've known her for some time now. She's...confusing."

The bright-eyed Rikudo Sennin turned to watch Koho walk away, only half able to stifle a sigh and a frown. There was unfinished business, and it concerned him, but he didn't imagine her to do anything so rash so soon. He would track her down, but it would be later...

Giving a dismissive wave, he turned back to Hiku and assured him, "You didn't ruin anything, my friend. That was simply a disagreement between companions. Nothing to apologize over, and definitely nothing to consider interrupted."

Taking a deep breath, the sage could only shake his head. Something bad was coming. That much was certain.

Turning his mind back to the present, however, Muji gave a smile and asked, "How have you been since last we met?"

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Confusing" was the word Onamuji used to describe the mysteriously aggressive woman. She had that aura about her, he could just feel it, as cliche as that sounded. That woman did what she wanted when she did, or at least she would try to. Hmm, calling her "her own" woman is probably appropriate. She's a firecracker that one, better be careful or she'll blow up in your face, and the people around you. Well woman like her that are immensely independent and bold usually are... Eh woman right?" With a relaxed shrug, Hiku would observe the empty bar again.

He was caught up in thought about, whether or not people were there when he went in the bathroom. Unless he was crazy as shit, maybe just maybe they had filed out. Hiku scratched his head as an odd sensation overcame him. It was as if he was stricken with shakes, and at that instant he'd shake mainly down his neck. When the cold chill down his spine had passed, he'd look towards Ona "Ahhhhh, that must have looked weird. Stupid spine chills. I wonder why people get them, maybe I should explain to Onamuji about them so he doesn't think I'm on that pill or something." However as Hiku reflected internally, he realized Ona was watching the mysterious woman walk out.

It looked as though Onamuji took a great interest in that woman. Some may have even said that he had that look of love in his eyes if they could see the way he watched her. Onamjui then turned to Hiku and informed him that he didn't interrupt anything. Ona would then proceed to ask Hiku about how he had been."Funny I guess you guys interrupted me then. With a serious face he'd glare at Onamuji. Then in a few seconds his face would shift into a light hearted laughter face. "I'm sorry haha, I just had to see your face when I said that. Man I'm still trying to figure out where everyone is. You never answered that question you know. With a small chuckle Hiku sit in silence for a moment.

"Well I've been okay I suppose. I'm happy because I have a new goal. To learn the secrets behind Chakra and the world. I feel like the more I train, study, and research maybe I'll stumble upon a discovery of some sort. Who knows, after that Djinn attack everything sort of fell out of place for me. I actually touched it's mind with my abilities. I saw things I can't even comprehend fully. The creature in it's own way was right in what it was doing. I know that might sound crazy... It sounded crazy coming out of my mouth. It's always like this when I think about that attack..." He'd stop talking and simply ponder on what he was thinking about. There was just so much going on these days, it seemed like he was lost in a state of constant randomness.

[MFT]

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Since my former PC helped tangle with the Djinn in the start of the event before I switched to Onamuji, and it only makes sense that Muji would've been present, I'm going to RP as if he were there. Not ret-conning, per se, but counting him as a participant even if he wasn't a mechanical participant, for the sake of RP.]

At the mention of the Djinn, the auburn-haired sage's brow furrowed and he looked down at the table intently. Though his otherworldly eyes weren't fixated on the Yamanaka, his ears were. The subject of a rampant chakra entity like the Djinn was naturally a source of great interest to Muji. After all, he was a Rikudo Sennin, and whatever else such individuals were known for, Muji followed in the footsteps of the 'First Sage', as he called him - the original Rikudo Sennin, inherent master of all natural elements and creator of ninjutsu itself. Obviously, an elemental being of immense chakra was a subject of concern...especially when it tried to destroy the village itself.

"The Djinn," Muji echoed, "What a mystery. If anything, it showed how hopelessly unprepared Sunagakure was for a disaster. I confess to being interested in it, as well. I know next to nothing about its origins or nature. Was it a man who became too powerful to control his own chakra? Was it a thing possessed? Was it...something else?"

The first supposition scared him the most. Like many shinobi, Muji's main goal was to become all-powerful. He wanted to master ninjutsu and the art of chakra manipulation to such an extent that instead of being likened to the God of Shinobi, he would become a God of Shinobi. A terrifying thought to some, if he ever admitted it openly, but in practice, it was for the best reasons. As his ancestor created the world of shinobi, Muji saw himself - an inheritor of the Sage of Six Paths - as destined to protect it. His mastery over the natural elements was to preserve and balance them, and his otherworldly power was to protect the world as a whole. To be faced with the concept of 'too much power' was a harsh thing to consider.

"Humor me, if you would, Hikuidori. Why do you believe the Djinn was right in his goal?" the Man with the Moonlight Eyes would ask, "I'm not confronting your opinion or setting up an argument, I assure you...I'm simply interested to hear your thoughts, if you'd permit."

And with that, Muji turned his gaze back to the tanned man, watching his chakra and waiting for a response.

[MFT | WC: 371]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiku smiled at Onamuji's responses. "You persist, on peaceful confrontations. What a good quality in a person." He seemed to always make sure his intent was known and never meant to be venomous. Hiku appreciated that and would answer Onamuji's question about the Djinn in the fullest form. He would take a small breath before explaining what he witnessed.

"It was destroyed in the Djinn's mind. I was only able to get a small portion of it's thoughts. However one thing was clear the Djinn was not in control or at least it's actions were guided, and grafted onto his mind. A deep rooted form of mental control. However it was as if the Djinn was still a being of his own but shrouded in anothers chakra. Like the other chakra was layered over the Djinn. In the end the Djinn was nothing more than a puppet. Who wants to live their life as a puppet to another? It's an endless cycle of control. It can drive even the strongest people, insane. As they say a mind is a terrible thing to waste."

Hiku stopped speaking to think about how he fought. He created creatures, that seemed to have life but then dismantled them. Even with his genjutsu he could control others. On a personal level, he knew there were lines in his mind just like the Djinn. It took him some time to figure it out. It all came to him while he was fighting Susumu. Each part securely packaged only leaking minor hints. It was only when Hiku thought about taking Susumu's eye did he realize that something was wrong. He'd taken the time to meditate within himself and before leaving Susumu out by the trees he told him to advance himself, make himself stronger.

"It's funny how the things we say can work both ways sometimes. Like cascading across the spectrum to both ends. I think the real question in this situation is what does the puppeteer want. What are his motives, and how he's able to create such power from the Djinn. Even more so why the power is similar to that of Toraono Kuro." Hiku paused once more silently sitting there looking at Onamuji. Hiku wasn't sure if it was something he should say but it was there just festering in his mind. He was also not sure if people knew about what happened or not. "To be able to use the Djinn's life force to revive everyone. No matter how big the chakra of someone is there has to be something more right? What if the only reason Kuro could use the Djinn's life force to do what he did is because the Djinn's energy was similar. Where does that have us place Kuro? Will it be a pedestal or a cage we design for him, and others like him if there are any. I fear for what is to come, not for what's passed..." Another pause of silence and he would await Onamuji's response.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A valid question. And one that applied equally to Muji. The sage gave it some thought, mulling over what the Sennin's display would mean for others with...abnormal abilities. Already, people tolerated those with demon's blood, strange religions, and questionable heritage. Admittedly, however, the abilities in questions were labeled "kinjutsu" for a reason. If a stranger saw Muji pull the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path from the earth, or summon multiple bodies of his own power, they wouldn't take it lightly.

"My guess...is a cage. People with such power are often feared, and fear brings constraint. Kuro has, through dire necessity, revealed that he is...something special. And like with any power, it can be a tool for great good or great evil. Though he has shown his willingness to use it for the greater good, societies tend to err on the side of caution...and I fear that while no action has been taken yet, the village may have a response in the wings," the amethyst-eyed man admitted.

Giving a shrug, Muji went on to note, "It's unfortunate, though. Personally, I believe that all power - whether a knife in the hands of a commoner or kinjutsu in the hands of a shinobi - follows the same law. We have laws in place to protect our people, tempered with logic and reason. I hope that our village chooses to deploy logic and reason in the handling of those with traits we know as kinjutsu. A man shouldn't be cursed for what he is, but what he does..."

The sage bit his lip slightly, pondering the subject further. Though they were speaking of Kuro, he couldn't help but consider his own circumstances...

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Onamuji made a very logical approach to it all. He seemed to pity the foreseen situation, and Hiku could sympathize with him. Some men were born the way they were unable to do anything but adapt to their situation. However what of the men who chose those paths? "I understand where you're coming from entirely. It's a tough thing to call and I can't help but feel that we're at a position where making these choices must be done. Can we trust a god living among men? ... In that retrospect that's what I feel "norms" think of us shinobi or anyone who can utilize chakra. That's we're gods among men. Maybe not to that extreme but it's the concept that matters. If that's what "norms" think of us, then it has to mean something when we think that of our own peers. Our own shinobi peers. It's a stick situation, had it been another type of power to just siphon and channel the Djinn's energies and heal everyone in the village who was still alive it'd be less of a problem for me. However reversing death entirely...It could have some serious set backs. Hiku tapped his chin and thought for a second. He wondered what kind of power people like Kuro held, and Hiku held a very strong suspicion that this Jeisui Unchained was the same.

"So I might sound crazy here, but I have a strong suspicion I know who, or at least what this Jeisui is. I guess, I believe he's a descendant of the First Men. He has other bodies hidden beneath the sands of our village, and I also have another theory. What if unlocking him unlocked something else. When something happens you got to wonder why it happened in that certain way. So I couldn't stop thinking about it. Why was Kuro able to do this? The conduit must have been on equal strength to revive the dead, which makes me feel that the truth is the mastermind behind it all is the same as Kuro. It's just a very fanciful thought I guess but worth a thought." He'd slouch back in his chair and stare out the window. It seemed like things were always complicated around Hiku. Even this setting where people who once inhabited the bar were removed. Complications, and heavy feelings all around him, and there was only so much he could endure before the realization set in that he needed to take a break.

However good a break might have seemed, he knew it wasn't an option. He was a Sunan Shinobi and his village needed his talents. Susumu, his new pupil and friend also needed him for his assistance. Hiku couldn't let anyone down anymore, he always felt like that if he didn't live up to an expectation it let someone down. The people he cared about, and the people who were from his homeland all should have a dedication to each other. With a smooth exhale he opened his mouth to ask Onamuji a question. "How do we best take change? When something unexpected happens and you're forced to change, how should people take it? I would want them to take it well, but is that how they should take it? How reserved should they be or how expressive? Man Ona, we people are so complicated sometimes I wonder what it would take to just not be like this... I think I'm going to hunt this Jeisui. I want to track him down and capture him, to find out what he is, what he wants.." Hiku got quiet again questioning what he would do in response to the answers he would receive from such a being if he would receive any.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I...can't blame you," the sage replied, looking off in thought, "I suppose such a mystery begs to be unraveled."

It was then that Muji turned his amethyst eyes on Hiku. He looked the man over, peering deep into his soul.

"However...you must ask yourself, Hikuidori. What will you do when you discover the truth? If you manage to accomplish your goal without dying and have the answers within your grasp, what will you do with them? If Kuro is a god, would you worship him? If he is a devil, would you shun him? What if the answers you seek aren't what you hoped?" the long-haired sage queried, watching the man for a response.

In truth, it was another veiled round of questioning. He referred to the Toroano, but the answers applied to himself, as well. He and Kuro were similar in the powers he displayed, after all. Though the reaction from the Djinn was a bit unique, it was their Rikudo Sennin power - the power of the God of Shinobi - that pushed Kuro forward. The same power Muji held within him. If he could glean an idea of what Hiku thought, it would give him a perspective on how people might respond to any like them.

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Onamuji questioned Hiku on what he would do if he met the person behind all of this. IF he found the answers to the world he was so blind to before. "Ona I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'd just take it from the answers and make it black and white. If he'll leave us be then no problems, but if he causes our home harm or is intent on it, then I will use all the powers at my disposal to end him. I know it probably sounds pretty fucked up, but what else could an assassin trying to be fair do. At the end I'm going to have to fall back to the power of death. Cause I'm sure if I don't he will. Hiku stood up taking his hat off too fix his hair. His voice became more morbid as he spoke and he was now realizing that his heart wasn't entirely into what he said. His thoughts were weighing heavily.

Clearing his throat as he fixed his hat, Hiku began to speak to Onamuji once more. "Maybe for people like Kuro there is hope. However I can't tell anyone what they can and can't do. I'm an opportunist at heart Onamuji. A man who can see the chinks in a situation but tries to weigh in morals but sometimes I wonder if the world we live in even values such a thing. However I haven't given up entirely. I think people like Kuro no matter what power they possess should be weighed on their character and intentions. If he means no harm then I couldn't see why I would bring so much static to him. Hiku began gather himself before speaking to Ona again.

"Well Onamuji it's time for me to go. It was nice having this talk with you, stay safe my friend." Hiku would begin to leave Onamuji behind while he traveled to the door to exit the bar, wondering about the explainable powers in the shinobi world.

[Topic Left: Sorry man I've been working like crazy]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back