Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Event All That for a Drop of Blood [K&Q SSM / Ranger]

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
The blistering heat beat down upon the golden sands of the wind country, even this close to the border you still weren't free from the arid temperatures that maintained this dustbowl of a country. Teke and her team were hardened to it however as they'd all lived and grown up here and even after four days of almost continual traveling there was a bare minimum of complaining.

"The walk back will be at a slower pace, so the sooner we get there to sooner we can slow the pace and the quicker we'll be back home." Teke kept reminding them.

The Teenager wasn't used to leading a team like this, she'd attempted leadership only once before and that was during a mission with her mentor, Kaen, who was testing her capabilities and though she'd done a good job it still wasn't much experience. She also got the feeling that the ninja with her were constantly staring at the mechanical arm attached to her left side and could feel that they wanted to ask questions but were too polite or scared to bring it up but it was just bothering her in just the right way to make this journey awkward. Fortunately, their little group was about to get a whole lot bigger as they had just arrived at the outskirts of the little township and as expected they looked to be ready to move at a moment's notice, sending ahead a letter telling them to prepare quickly was a good idea.

Teke ordered her team to spread out and check the perimeter for anything suspicious whilst she made contact with the man who'd requested this mission. She decided a flashy entrance maybe a little spooky for the citizens and so she walked in from the treeline casually and toward a group of men and women loading barrels into of the almost two dozen wagons.

"I sure hope you have enough beasts of burden to pull all this." She mused, she'd expected a large caravan but this was quite beyond what she'd thought.
"I take it you're from the village?" One of the older ladies asked. "You certainly got here fast, the letter to prepare only arrived a couple of days ago."
"The quicker we can start moving the quicker we can guarantee your safety," Teke responded matter of factly. "Can one of you point me in the direction of Garou?" Quickly one of them pointed over to another group of people with a large man at the center, Teke gave a nod of thanks and headed over.

She would let her eyes wander over the bustling group of people and wagon as she made her way over, it felt so weird to be in a place like this without her ANBU gear on or wanting to feast upon a few dozen of the people. It was an exposing feeling to be certain and one she was very much not used to, people here didn't know her yet they weren't scared either, was it merely the power of the headband with the Sand village logo wrapped around her neck or was there more to it? Since purging the Youkai blood from her system she'd felt many changes, a lot of which were obvious but something about her aura seemed to have changed too. This was hardly the time or place for such musings though, it was mission time and personal mysteries would have to be put on hold. She carefully pushed herself into and through the crowd of people and toward the large beacon of a man at the center of it all. Garou was both the chief of this township and its founder. He stood at what must have been close to seven-foot, dwarfing Teke even with her recent growth spurt and each of his shoulders, at least a meter apart from one another dwarfed her head two-fold, calling him a unit of a man was an understatement, though his uniqueness didn't stop there as the man seemed to have strange stone-like skin, even cracking in places like dry concrete.

"Garou I presume," Teke said making herself known. "I assume we can be ready to move out in the next couple of hours?"

She estimated that given the pace of the people working that this was a valid assumption. The mountain of a man would look down at her for a second in silence, tilting his head curiously at the lone girl who was merely a child in his eyes. Teke could already see where this was going at the disappointment and frustration began to flood into his face and she let out a long, loud and overly dramatic sigh.

"Yes I am who the village sent, no I am not alone, my team is scouting the perimeter and yes, I am the team leader. Questions?" She asked as she folded her arms and looked up to him, unwavering in her stare down as her golden eyes glistened.
"So, things are so bad that they send children to do adults' work." He grumbled in a deep, gravely voice. "I am paying handsomely to make sure my people are safe from this... invasion and they truly believe I'd be okay with this?" He added.
"Now you listen here..." Teke said gritting her teeth as her body began lifting from the ground and floating up till she was at eye level with the man. "If I can't get your people to the Sand village safe then no one can, there are none stronger than me in this world or the next, trust me, I've been there." She spat venomously. "So I'd suggest you put on your big boy pants and get these people ready to leave because we are going in two hours and anyone that gets left behind will be on your head, not mine." With that, she dropped back down to the solid ground and started to walk away, the crowd that had been there quickly parting for her as the man grumbled to himself and started to give out orders to his people to get a move on.

Teke would make her way back to the clearing and obvious entrance/exit of the small village and gently rubbed her brow. This was going to be a much more annoying mission than she had first thought. An hour later the four other team members arrived at her side, each reporting their findings which ended up being mostly nothing, one did find what looked to be the sigh of a small scuffle but given the context she assumed to know what happened and that the swarm had already made contact here only to be met by Garou who cleared them off then sent in the mission request. In the final hour, the five of them would watch as the wagons started getting brought over, forming two rows of twelve which was probably easier for them to deal with.

"Okay, guys, two of you with the front two wagons and two of you with the back to wagons. I'll take the center, anything suspicious call me over and in the event of an attack, do not stray from your posts unless absolutely necessary. We can't count out the possibility of a pincer attack so always be watching everywhere." They all nodded and made their way over to what would be their posts for the next week or so.

With the two hours up Teke would finally approach Garou who had brought himself to the front of the pack as she'd expected. He was doing all his final inspections and making sure everything was in place and Teke had noticed that a fair few of the Wagons were not filled with supplies but rather people.

"Smart, I assume this means we won't need to stop often. Less opening for an ambush then." She spoke matter of factly. "Plus less time on the road means less need for food and water which makes traveling a little easier on the younger and older people."
The burly man would nod. "This ain't my first rodeo, efficiency is our greatest ally and I will take full advantage of it." He said this all whilst looking ahead and never at the blonde ninja. "I see your men are integrating themselves nicely." He added and yes, they were making friendly conversation with the people they would be protecting and essentially living with for the next week. "Must be strange for them, following orders from someone younger than them." Teke couldn't help but roll her eyes.
"That's because we don't let things like age cloud our judgment, they know I am capable and believe in me as I would suggest you do." She said as she started to move away, toward the center wagons. "We are ready to move whenever you are, do what you must and stick to the quickest route."

The tension between the two was clear, even the faces of the people pretending not to notice had it written all over them, even a little worry as they weren't sure if Garou making enemies of the people who were meant to protect them was a good idea. Teke would try to give a reassuring smile to those who looked her way and quickly hopped up onto the roof of one of the covered wagons, giving herself a good vantage point for watching all directions and before long the caravan started to move and their journey would begin once again.

The first few days were uneventful, save for a few wild animals eyeing up the beasts of burden pulling the caravan along but they were quickly shoo'd away by the other Chuunin of the team. The biggest issue coming up was the coming night, though they had prepared to make this journey in one go the main problem was indeed the beasts, they were watered and fed as best as could be expected as they moved but they would need to rest at least one night before the final stretch. As the sunset on the day and the air began to cool the wagons would form a ring and the people and beasts would use the center as a resting place, the area wasn't known for sandwyrms so at least Teke wouldn't need to worry or contend with one of those again. The five ninjas, however, would be tasked with standing guard through the night, taking points around the ring as their lookout.

A lot of the younger citizens would have taken a shine to Teke over this time and as such they would be conversing with her, asking for stories of her life, she entertained them though left out all the gory details, even speaking about her arm a little with those who asked, making sure to open her radio for the curious shinobi to hear, knowing that they had been curious. Soon enough though they were all asleep and the campsite had become rather silent and it was then that the sound could be heard as the approaching mass made little to no effort to conceal themselves, Teke calmly opened up the communications and spoke softly.

"Approaching threat, do not leave your posts unless any stragglers get close, protect the wagons at all cost." As she said this she would start to channel her divine chakra.

Igniting her golden aura didn't go unnoticed by the few men and women still awake, taking care of the young, old and sick, Garou included but before any questions could be asked Teke had leaped down to the sands and out of the ring with a wide, shark-toothed grin on her face. This was going to be fun, there were at least three or four dozen midless freaks coming at her and she intended to deal with each of them. The thought that there could be other groups did cross her mind but all that meant is that dealing with this group in a timely manner was the number one priority. She would let them continue their approach so she didn't need to move too far away, just in case. Unbeknownst to Teke at this time but Garou had climbed up and taken her lookout spot, he was watching the glowing teenager as she began to now move out toward the incoming monsters, which is how she had decided to categorize them.

"I've always wanted to try this."

She said to herself and even though the sky was pitchblack it wouldn't go unnoticed to anyone watching that clouds had started to coalesce in an area just ahead of the approaching threat as Garou watched on. As the cloud formation swelled up, noticeable flashes of energy could be seen within, strangely switching between a vibrant purple and a fierce orange. The monsters had just gotten beneath the clouds as Teke lifted a hand to the sky and quickly she made a chopping motion downwards with two fingers extended.

"Kirin." She spoke softly.

The entire night sky would be lit up like it was noon for just a moment as an enormous column of golden lightning struck the group of advancing unbent, the four or so dozen of them would have no time to react to this perversion of nature as the bolt engulfed almost their entire group save for a few stragglers on the outside who managed to get away with a good searing. The epicenter of the blast would leave little traces of those that were once advancing and instead they'd been reduced to ash leaving behind spired of orange, glowing glass. Those that managed to survive simply continued to hone in on the glowing target that had made itself known, but that's what the girl had planned on and with little hesitation she began running right back at them as a flash of similar golden lightning began to coat her body, concentrated especially on her forearms and calves. Charging into the now smaller group the girl would begin to throw punches and kicks and as each of them connected there would be a crack of thunder. Despite what her first jutsu had done to them she quickly noticed their durability to attacks of this nature, though it was working, just slower, it was here that her headset crackled to life.

"Teke, we have a second group approaching from the east, similar size to the first, should we engage." The voice said in a hushed tone.
"Not yet, if they get to close then engage, I'll be over once I deal with these last few." She responded.
"Affirmative." The voice said.

This was it, she'd have to light a fire under herself now if she had any hope of making it to the other side in time. It was something she hadn't had the time to work on, she knew it was possible but how much or little control she would have over it was a worry. If not now though, then when would be the right time to learn? A situation where it means the lives of so many was the perfect environment to master it. As she continued to fight against the group with her lightning coated body she started to focus on her Kami chakra, opening up the chakra points to allow its flow to become stronger and before she could do much else she was engulfed in a blinding, white light that the Unbent even recoiled from. The feeling was incredible,Teke felt as if a weight had been lifted from her body and felt at peace. She opened her eyes as the blinding light faded slightly and as she did she watched at the unbent recoiled slightly as if simply being near her caused them some kind of pain. She looked down at her hand and where once there was a holy aura now simply glowed a blinding silver, even her artificial arm was affected, sparks of electricity jumped from them as she moved her fingers slightly and then faded into her skin, she simply smiled.

"Oh, this is very interesting indeed." She chuckled.

Looking at the beasts who were quickly regaining their composure Teke would thrust forward her open palm at one of them but they were a couple of steps back so it clearly hit nothing but air but just as she started to pull it back a beam of electrified, Silvery chakra shot out and hit the thing right in the chest. wasting no more time she would close the gap with the others and start to throw punches and kicks, each one left a piece of her holy chakra on them which seemed to seep into their being, causing pain and anguish for them, useful. Quickly the girl was finished with the leftovers and needed to proceed around to meet the other horde before it got to close.

Garou who had been watching this from a distance had only seen Teke be engulfed by a bright light and then her glowy form seemed to make short work of the remaining Unbent, but now she had turned and was heading back toward him at speed. As she got closer and he could see better what was causing this aura of silvery light he fell back onto his backside, mouth agape and unable to say anything as the girl reached the base, jumped up next to him and springboarded right over the area and to the other side where the fight was. What had the man shocked was something Teke herself hadn't even noticed because there were no convenient mirrors around but the effects of using more of her Holy chakra had physically changed that came along with it. Firstly her one's golden eyes were completely solid and magenta in color, her hair had become a metallic silver and her chakra aura had become a similar bright silver to the blast that came from her hand. Next however at the two things that had taken away the man's breath, upon the girls back had a pair of white, feathered wings and just above her head floated a ring of condensed lightning that acted as a halo of sorts.

Teke unknowing of this development simply continued on her way, landing now on the other side of the ring, though her little display and the sound of thunder earlier meant that people quite clearly just saw what they interpreted as an angel that looked suspiciously like the ninja from the sand village. Of course, people were now on the move to get what vantage point they could to see what was happening. Without a second thought Teke charged straight toward the advancing swarm and came to a standstill a few meters in front of them, they seemed to slow as an enemy made themselves know but started to quickly converge on the girl who just opened her arms and accepted them and once within one another reach the fight truly began. They all clambered over one another to get at the girl but she just started throwing punches left, right and center, staying in her spot, planted for as long as she could manage just to challenge herself and learn more about these powers. It didn't take long for her to become encircled so that plan was out of the window eventually but she'd managed to take out a good few with her burst of chakra emitting punches. It wasn't going to be that easy for her though, not at this range whilst also surrounded and as she fought off as best she could she was quickly buried beneath a pile of clawing, biting, punching and kicking bodies all trying to get at her, somewhat protected by her silvery aura for but a moment before the pain kicked in and brought her back to her senses somewhat.

"Wait... this isn't. oww! Get the fuck off. of. MEEEE!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

She pushed out all of the chakra she could musted and even to her suprise a jutsu went off even without the use of her hands. From the outside people watching would see the mass of darkness clambering al over the glowing girl till only darkness remained but a few seconds later, cracks began to form in the darkness and shafts of silver light began to pierce through followed by an almighty crack which sent dozens of the disgusting beasts sprawling across the sands and Teke once again stood, alone for the moment and covered in scratches and bites, clothes torn and disheveled and hair all over the place.

"Guys... sorry, I wanted to do this alone but, that was wrong, I was wrong. Please join me, help me in this fight and let's do this together!" She announced over the headset radios, much to the four Chuunins delight as the four of them spent no time considering their options.

With the five of them, now being led by a slightly more mature Teke they made handy work of the remaining Unbent, though Teke still managed to be at the forefront of the action, simply being so much stronger than she realized. Once the final enemy had fallen the five of them would gather to congratulate one another and check on one another's injuries, they were also greeted with the sounds of cheering and generally boisterous civilians who had just witnessed all of the fightings and they seemed to enjoy it once they realized they were winning. With the threat gone Teke let herself relax and the form of an angel dropped and she was normal once again, though she wouldn't know how normal till the rumors started to circulate around the caravan over the next couple of days as they completed their mission, having to deal with just the two Swarm groups.

[Word Count - 3,633]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back