Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Alter Ego [Tutor][Tag:Yume]

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Groaning as she just got off the phone with Yume's manager. What could they want now, she should of never have gotten involved with that idol. Hearing the calm and refined voice of that pinked haired demon, she could only imagine what new insane event that he has thought up for Yume and in turn herself now.

While she slipped her clothes on and equipped her gear, she thought about what they could ever be doing in such a dangerous place. She almost died the last time to a wild horse, what it's going to be like when actual wild and danger creatures are trying to eat them.

Leaving her home and saying goodbye to her family, Megumi would think about all of the odd things that her friend has been doing recently. When they first met she was just some idol that a bunch of sad men flock around to fantasize about her. Their second meeting was not very different at all excluding that they got to know each other a little better and worked well together. It was the third meeting that was that stood out the most among their time together. The fact that she was able to teach unassisted, as well as her actions seemed suspect. Also the way she handled shinobi students was a feat in itself. The most interesting event of the class, was her normalized way of speaking when she was lecturing the class. It could've just been a coincidence as their fourth meeting was zany in a different way.

Stopping at the entrance of the forest of death, Megumi was never one to believe in coincidence. Looking at the forestry that cling to the metal fence covering the warning of the dangers that lurked in the forest. Looking at the thick and darkened paths of forestry, one would not want to spend the night alone in such a place. The occupants of the forest have devolved to be deadly and perfect hunters. Some had lightning fast speed while other had camouflage and poison. All of the inhabitants of the forest were born to kill or hide.

Bringing out her puppets, she readied herself for the dangers of the forest. It was more for the creatures of the forest than whatever insane project her friend had signed her up for. Megumi was all for helping a friend, but even the Tanigawa loyalty has it's limits.

Entering the forest she would move through it carefully and slowly, as she wanted to stay off the menu and not be surprised by another one of the idol's ludacris calls. Keeping to the high ground and overlooking the area around her and her next move. Megumi would come across a few giant snakes and over sized insects that would make anyone's skin crawl. Luckily it was the morning and the hunters were resting up to stalk their prey in the dead of night.

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Yume, are you sure about this?"

Static crackled in her earpiece. Yume smiled to herself, swinging her legs contently from the tree branch she sat on. Megumi had yet to arrive, and she was free to relax for now in the death forest. In rather casual clothes, not idol nor kunoichi, Yume rolled back on her seat and starting hanging upside down from the branch by the back of her knees.

"I told you already, didn't I, Oppa? I like that girl."

Her ears pricked up to the faint footsteps on grass and quickly spun back around upright on her seat on the tree branch. Once Megumi entered one of the clearings of the death forest, she might notice the odd lack of flesh eating animals anywhere. The forest was deathly quiet - too quiet like they had all fled far away from a terrible predator.

Yume broke the silence. "Gumi-chaaan! You made it!" she called, waving enthusiastically. Sliding off the tree branch and landing on the grass with a crouch, the idol approached her with a grin, before it melted into one of remorse.

"You're not still mad at me, are you?"

It was quiet here.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The further she got into the forest the ambiance of the forest died down and the fauna seemed to be nowhere in sight. Something was off, it was not a cliche to say that it was too quiet. Preaching herself and her puppets around her to act as a shield. MEgumi would scope out the area. There was no birds chirping or rustling from animals scurrying about, even the insects seemed to have fled.

See knew that animals fled at the sign of danger, and for the fearsome beasts of the forest of death to run, it must be terrifying. Keeping herself calm and keeping her breathing quiet, she keep on watch to see if it was safe to move. The one thing she knew is that she was safe and out of sight from whatever it was that was so utterly nightmarish.

Thinking about Yume and hoping that she did not fall prey to the beast. Megumi would get ready to make her move. Keeping low and silent, she was going to keep herself as out of sight as possible. As she was about to move, her concentrations was brokening by a joyful Yume calling out to her and waving. Almost falling off of the branch from being startled by her friend.

Looking at the idol that was on top of a branch parallel to her own. Megumi had so many questions and her mind focused back to her suspicion of the idol being a ninja. Watching the bubbly girl jump down with easy and make her way over to the branch she preached herself on. Moving back to give Yume some space, her face turned into guilt as she mentioned the horse incident. Looking at the idol with a confused glance, “ No why would i be…”. Thinking about the forest and how it was empty around them, and then looking back to Yume and how she was asking about something she should already know the answer to.

Quickly moving away from whatever or who ever took the form of her friend. Looking calmly at the iposture. “ Hey Yume, don’t worry about the past it’s just like you said. That Country had been taken over by This Country”. While her last comment would make no sense to anyone but her and Yume. Even if they tried to play if off the answer was incorrect so she would know that they are lying.

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume tilted her head to the side in confusion, a hand on her hip as she shifted her weight to one leg. Megumi was acting odd. Well, she couldn't blame her, the idol right now was not being an idol, or even (too much of) a ditzy civilian. "What are you talking about, Gumi-chan?" she wondered aloud. "This Country got taken over by that Country. You even got it right on the quiz!"

Megumi might have forgotten; it was such an inconsequential fun fact anyway. Yume turned towards the depths for the forest and pointed towards the darkness. "I heard there's a rare flower that grows here in the forest that I'd totally like to get for my big brother, but no one in the company is willing to come out here to get it with me because of monsters or something."

Dropping her hand to her side, Yume glanced back over to Megumi with a small smile. "Will you help me, Gumi-chan? Pretty please? I haven't seen my brother in years."

Though everything she said was true, that was not the true agenda of the meeting. Megumi could suspect all she wanted, but it probably won't be confirmed until the very end. Let's see, Yume thought, let's see if her hunch on Megumi was right all along.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megumi’s uestion seemed to confuse whoever had taken the form of her friend. Watching the imposture closely as they shifted around, if they tried anything they would be introduced to her puppets. The lack of communication between the two friends, turn a once bustling and noise life filled first, to a standoff between herself and the Yume imposture. Breaking the silence with a confused response and thinking aloud the correct answer caused Megumi to relax. Giving a small smile as she confirmed that it was her friend. Megumi would wave away her odd comment, “ Don’t worry about it, i think we are just having a role reversal today”. Giving a small laugh to lighten the mood and try to move the conversation along, she did not want to tell her that she thought her friend was fake.

Yume did not seem to be betrothed by her friend very out of character actions towards her. Though she was not herself today either or was this the real Yume. Pointing into the darkness, she would talk about a flower and how she wanted to give him a rare flower as a present for their long awaited reuniting. Saying that no one else from her company wanted to come because of the animals that lived in the forest. It was understandable as a stylists and photographers don’t make great hunters, however the lack of monster as she put it was the part that unnerved the young girl.

Relaxing her hand, Yume would look over to her with a smile and ask her for her help. While she had no issue with helping her get a flower for her family, as she knew how important family is. Megumi could not help but feel suspicious of this whole event. She’s not going to let this become another horse incident. Looking to Yume with a inquisitive expression, “ Of course i will help, but there are a few things i would like to know before we got started”. Megumi would arrange her questions and prepare her counter argument if Yume tired to dismiss her claims. “ It’s way to quiet in the forest of death, something is clearly wrong, and the fact that you are the only one here and that you somehow were able to move just like a ninja and spot me while i was keeping to the shadows, makes you the prime suspect”. Looking at her friend with a more serious expression and tone, “ your actions in the class also further add prove to you being skilled in the ways of a shinobi. You don’t have to tell me if you are a ninja Yume, but i would like to know what is going on, as it might be a life and death situation”. Finishing her words she would wait for her friend’s response that is if she was her friend as all this time she could've just been lying like she has to her all this time.

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume had already began taking the first step deeper into the forest, though she paused mid-step to look back at Megumi. With a rather rueful smile at her, she turned again to face the front and take another step. Another and another, until the distance forced Megumi to catch up with her.

"I didn't do anything here, Megumi. I told you animals don't like me." She gave a sidelong glance over to the younger girl and smiled again. "Guess we're lucky we don't have to deal with monsters too much."

Unless they were more ferocious than her, she supposed.

The apparent distrust in Megumi's voice was not unexpected. Yume couldn't blame her that she did because of the horse incident. Her concern for traipsing around together in a forest marked with death was also not unreasonable.

"Don't worry," Yume said with her arms crossed over her chest confidently. "There will be no death. I'll make sure nothing happens to you this time. I just really need someone with me to get this flower."

Her boot stepped into a patch of grass, with an immediate sound of a retreating slither. A snake had shot away and climbed up one of the trees and wrapped itself safely around a branch, hissing towards the two girls. Her other boot stepped on a hidden rock and she tripped over, falling face first into the ground.

"WAH!"

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her words would give the idol pause as she turned to her with a regretful smile. Was she still feeling guilt over the horse incident or was it due to her guilt compounding due to her lying to her. Moving farther and farther away from her, Megumi would have to move along with her to keep an eye on her friend. However she would be burning a hole in her back with the glares she was giving the unusually quiet idol.

Yume would give her a glance from the corner of her eye and tell her that she had nothing to do with the monsters, and that they are just lucky. While she could not deny that animals and her did not get along it was to odd for the forest to be so quiet, and he comment of her saying that she accused her of getting rid of the monsters might be a hint. “ I never said you did anything, i merely said that it was suspicious, is that an admission of guilt”? Playing semantics, as she tried to push Yume into making a mistake as she was not letting it go this time.

They would continue to walk in silence as the two friends were on shaky ground with one another. This was the first time they ever really disagreed and spoke rather coldly to each other. Yume would try and relieve the tension with a confident stance and a promise that she would protect her. That only made Megumi more suspicious of her, as why would an idol be so proficient at survival. She knew that her trainer was a ninja, but this was beyond belief.

Before Megumi could question and push her friend further, she slipped on  snake that blended in with a rock. As the snake slithered quickly away from the two girl it would wrap around a nearby tree and hiss at them. It seemed to be only warning the two girls as it was more afraid of them since they were a group of five. Putting her defensive puppet in between them, Megumi would help Yume up.

As she helped Yume up, she thought of how her constant questioning could be throwing off her concentration. Looking Yume in the eyes as she helped her upon with an apologetic gaze. “ I’m sorry i should not be trying to force you into answering me, we’re not exactly in the right place of a chat”. After she helped her up, she would back away and focus on the mission at hand. “ I said i would help you and all i have been doing is interrogating you”. Feeling stupid as she should've apologised after as she was going to ask about the flower. “ Anyway, it would help if i knew what kind of flower it was and what it looked like”?

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mumbling a happy, yet embarrassed thanks to Megumi, Yume dusted herself off and they continued on their trek into the forest for the elusive and rare flower. The idol girl patted around her pants pockets, and pulled out a folded sheet of paper. It was a copy of a page from a book, though the picture of the oddly blue and white coloured flower was hand drawn, that was all they had to go on with. The footnotes said that it had a bioluminescent glow in the dark and albeit rare, was known to pop up occasionally within the Forest of Death. It was just a matter of where exactly that they had to find out.

"This one here. I heard it has the power to let restless souls move on to the afterlife. Silly, right?"

She say any more to that. Megumi could probably figure out what that meant and why she was looking for the flower to begin with. Yume, on the other hand, simply wanted to cover all her bases with her brother.

They continued on their move. The further they went into the forest, the harder it was for sunlight to peek through fully, leaving them in a dulled environment like a dark and stormy morning sky.

OOC said:
Danger level: Low-Moderate
Please write a post detailing a large E-Rank animal attack and Megumi's actions.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Putting a pin into their discussing about Yume’s identity, she rustled around in her pockets to pull out a piece of paper. Megumi would examine the drawing of the hand drawn flower that look to be copied out of a book. Taking note of the flowers odd features and that note that said it was bioluminescent, Megumi would assume that the further in they went into the forest the more likely their chances of finding it. Thinking about also making sure to check caves as well, but the only issue that she had with this was that the deeper they went into the forest the more dangerous it would get. Megumi read up on the Forest Of Death once, the deeper part of the forest is often closed off when chunin exams are held. It was near pitch black and the breasts that lurked the dark were to be feared.

Yume would talk about the flower being able to guide lost souls of the dead to the afterlife. Megumi could put two and two together and guess why she wants the flower for her brother. Hearing Yume say that her feelings were silly made Megumi shake her head and share her family's tradition. “ No it’s not silly, you want to make sure that your brother is happy, there's nothing silly about loving your family. Everyone in my family makes a puppet of themselves before they pass. While not everyone gets a chance in that case the next of kin makes it in their stead. I can’t tell you the process, but we take care of their puppets and in turn they act as our guardians and watch over us. That way we are always with our family”. Megumi would think about what she just said, and it might seem very strange to a person out of her family.

Trying not to show that she would not take offense to Yume’s opinion on her family's tradition, they would move deeper into the forest. As they moved deeper the the trees would tower over them and block out the sun leaving almost no signs of light. Thinking to herself that she should of brought a flare of some kind of light as they could barely see what was in front of them.

The lack of sounds and light, made it feel so lonely and isolating. The small puppeteer would of been happier if she could hear movement around them or the snapping of wood, instead of this haunting silence. At least she would know that something was trying to eat them or not.

Making sure to call out to Yume and keep her within sight, as getting seperated would only mack them easier prey for whatever lurked in the shadows. As long as they stayed together in a group they would be less likely to be attacked.

As the waded through the darkness, they could see a some bluish light in the distance as if it was a light at the end of the tunnel. Drawing closer to the light they could see that the plant that they set out for, was lighting their way towards their goal. While Megumi was relieved to finally get out of this crippling darkness something seemed off about the flowers that were perched atop a small mound of what looked to be rock and dirt.

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume smiled gently, saying nothing in response to her. To be honest, she didn't expect to her Megumi open up with her own family traditions in regards to deaths. It was strange, to Yume, to hear about something like that. It was mostly because she never had to worry about funeral rites or death of family members up until now. There was no true family to begin with.

"That sounds nice," she responded finally.

After that, they crept deeper into the thornlike caves. Megumi consistently checked on where Yume was, just to be sure that the latter didn't end up lost and alone anywhere. The older girl tried her best to refrain from a giggle then.

"Oh!" she whispered in delight. "There it is!" The den was so echo-y, she didn't think that it was appropriate to speak any louder. Hopping quietly up towards the flower, Yume plucked the plant from its stem and straightened up. She turned towards Megumi with a big smile before it melted away into a deadpan.

"Wait. I hear breathing."

The cave rumbled and moved. The two girls would be hard pressed to keep their balance steady as the thorns around them shifted more and turned into something sentient. Yume yelped as the tail end collided into her, wrapping around her body as she was hoisted up into the air like a hostage. The flower that was in her hand dropped and fluttered towards the ground.

"Ack!" She winced at the thorns pressing against her side. Her eyes darted towards the younger girl. "Get out of here, Gumi!"

G6CsLwg.jpg

Forest Serpent - C-Rank
HP: 4715
CP: 4715
OOC said:
RP as you would, but summarise your key actions (e.g. Basic attack, jutsu etc.) in note form in a OOC spoiler note after.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hearing Yume speak out tell the group something they already knew. As Yume would hop quietly towards the flower, Megumi would protest and tell her that it seems to easy. As the bubbly girl picked up the flower and smiled, the ground would shift and both of the girls would look at each other with a deadpanned expression.

The ground shook and an echo of a serpent's hiss sent a chill down Megumi’s spine. While she was lucky to get away and on top some stable ground her friend was not as favored by the gods as she was.

Hearing Yume gasp out that she could not breath as the serpent coiled around her small body in comparison to the massive serpent. Even while the serpent squeezed the life out of Yume, she still manage to fight back and tell Megumi to run.

Hearing those words and seeing what she had to face, their was no way she was going to run. A Tanigawa never betrays her friends. She just had to think of a plan of attack. While the serpent had Yume clutched by it’s tail, she doubted that it would be able to move as well as it could. Thinking about how the creatures were used to the dark and how Yume’s voice echoed when she spoke.

Quickly setting up a plan for action Megumi would waste no time in enacting her plan. “ Hey you, yea you”! Megumi would yells at the snake to get it’s attention, while she used one of her puppets to pick up the flower Yume dropped and move near his position. As the snake hissed at the young girls beckoning, it did not focus on her support puppet moving to the side and her defensive puppet that was holding a fully charged micro bomb.

The snake would lunge at the girl, only to have Megumi’s support puppet extend its arms and pull her away from the snake's strike. While the snake reared it’s head out from the ground from it’s missed attack. Megumi would throw a flash bomb right in the front of the snakes face. The giant serpent would flail from the suppen and high exposure to light from the bomb, loosening its grip on the idol and falling near one of the puppets she had set up near her.

Getting her puppet to carrier her friend while she would run back the way she came. Flicking her index and pinky, she would get the puppet holding the micro bomb to throw it at the top of the cave.

Moving with her puppets as fast as she could with Yume in tow. A large blast would sound off from behind them and cause the cave to collapse. The force from the explosion, would knock Megumi and her puppets to the ground dropping Yume in the process.

As the dust cleared and what they could make out through the darkness was a mass of stone and unsettled dust. Megumi would groan and roll over to look at Yume. Smiling weakly at her friend she would get the puppet to show her the glowing flower.
Flash Bomb Target Forest Serpent
Micro Chakra Bomb /Charged at 1000 Cp/ Target: ceiling of the cave
Prosthetic Pass/ Target: Tanigawa Megumi

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[spoilername="Battle Results"]
Round 1 of 3
[col3]Forest Serpent
HP: 4,715-250+118.6=4,583.6
CP: 4,715-90+188.6-90=4,625
AP: 4-1-0.75-1-0.75=0.5, 4.5AP next round
HP: 1,760-45-90=1,625
CP: 4,320-665-49.5=3,605.5
AP: 2-0.5-0.5-0.5=0.5, 2.5AP next round
HP: 48,000
CP: 30,000
AP: 10 next round

Summary:
2.5s - Gumi throws a flash bomb (misses!)
2.5s - Forest Serpent lets out a roar
-- Megumi is now intimidated!
4.4s - Forest Serpent lashes out at Megumi (fully hits!)
5.0s - Megumi's puppet throws a micro chakra bomb
-- Partially hits Forest Serpent. Cave is... caving in!
6.9s - Forest Serpent escapes the cave! (rest)
-- Megumi is no longer intimidated
7.5s - Megumi's support puppet protects her (+1 dodge)
8.8s - Forest Serpent lets out another roar
-- Doesn't scare Megumi this time!
10.0s - Yume spends entire time and energy trying to get free[/spoilername]

Unfortunately, the flash bomb was only good as a short distraction instead of dazing the monster to bide for time. The monster shook its head on impact, letting out what was more of a terrifying roar, rather than a hiss. The sound shook into the soul of Megumi, filling the girl with a sense of dread that perhaps she was in over her head. Perhaps fleeing as Yume told her to already was the actual better choice.

Despite the sense the fear, the young puppeteer pushed through in her fight. Her defensive puppet managed to partially hit the monster as it aimed the chakra bomb towards the top of the thorny, vinelike den. A loud explosion shook the ground as everyone fled out in the forest open.

Yume yelped out loud as the thorns around them cracked and began caving in. Being thrown around like a ragdoll as the serpent slithered out of its den, Yume got the wind knocked out of her at the quick rushing movement of her body through the air. The serpent's thorny scales were still pressing into her stomach, though luckily enough, the thorns were dulled enough so that it didn't break the fabric of her clothing or her skin.

The serpent eyed Megumi down, a low hiss emanating from its being. It shifted, and Megumi's other puppet moved her out of the way before she was crushed by the sheer size. It roared again. But Megumi was now stronger than that. The same trick won't work twice on her.

Pushing against the scaly form of the serpent with her hands, Yume called down at the younger girl, "Gumi! Are you alright?!" She grimaced again, shutting an eye tightly to bear with the discomfort of her sides being squeezed, while glaring intently at the head of the monster with the other open eye. "Aim something towards me!"

She meant the tail, but semantics, really. Even if Megumi did throw some jutsu at her personally, Yume was certain she could take the damage just fine.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
That plan could have certainly gone better. If they got out of this alive Megumi is going to kill Yume. Looking down at the snake then to the opening above it Megumi would think of another plan. She still had to get her friend out of it’s grasp, and even if she says it’s okay to target the snake she would not harm a friend.

Thinking of another plan that should work as well Megumi sent one of her puppets up through the open and gave it all of her ninja wire to wrap around two trees that were big enough for the snake to pass through. Now all she had to do was bide some time and keep the snake focused on her. Trying her best to keep herself and her other two puppets moving to enact the snake’s predatory Instinct. Luckily she was not to bang up from her first encounter with the snake.

As she kept moving and distracting the snake. As soon as her puppet was done with the set up the ninja wire, Megumi would get one of her puppets to give her a boost up to the opening in the hole and throw a kunai at the snakes head. “ You're going to have to work for you meal”! Antagonizing the snake, she would move behind the ninja wire as it gave chase.

When it reached the surface of the forest Megumi would taunt the giant snake further. When the snake would lunge at the girl,, it would come into contact with the wire. However the trees would break under the weight of the snake and roll over like bolas and trap the snake.

While the snake is bound, Megumi would use her offensive puppet to strike the snake's tail that held Yume to free her. If this planed worked they would make a hasty retreat as she has the flower stored in her puppet.
Guided Strike - Mastered - Target Snake's tail
Setting up 8 Ninja wires - Target Trees
Threw a Kunai as a basic attack - Target Snake's Head

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Round 2 of 3
[col3]Forest Serpent
HP: 4,583.6-70=4,513.6
CP: 4,625
AP: 4.5-0.75-1-1=0.75, 4.75AP next round
Status: Trapped under trees, but still has fight|vs. Megumi
HP: 1,625-45=1,580
Yume's Barrier: 1,516.5-285=1,231.5
CP: 3,605.5-49.5=3,556
AP: 2.5-0.5-0.5-0.75=0.75, 2.75AP next round
HP: 48,000-180=47,820
CP: 30,000-560=29,440
AP: 11AP next round

Summary:
1.6s - Forest Serpent strikes at Megumi (partially hits!)
2.0s - Megumi's offensive puppet uses Guided Strike
-- Auto-hits Yume!
-- Yume is now free
4.0s - Megumi sets up wire trap
6.1s - Forest Serpent starts chasing Megumi
-- Forest Serpent is bound under the trees!
7.0s - Megumi throws a kunai at the snake (auto-hits!)
8.0s - Yume casts an Energy Sphere Barrier around Megumi
8.3s - Forest Serpent flicks its tail for a Wind Slash!
-- Fully hits the barrier! Gumi Wumi is still safe.[/spoilername]

The Serpent roared as Megumi's puppet struck at its tail, ultimately freeing Yume from its grasp. She hopped out from the loosened coil, landing on the ground before the snake swung about frantically. The idol pounced towards Megumi, barely getting her out of the way as the serpent's tail fell down towards them.

Yume hopped onto one of the tree branches while Megumi set up her ninja wire trap. Her method of multitasking impressed the older girl, how she was able to move her puppets while also setting up these wires. She wasn't completely sure what the plan was, not until they started running away from the monster.

A loud deafening crash echoed behind them, and Yume looked over her shoulder to see the trees toppling over the serpent and effectively trapping it underneath. A kunai flew through the air and hit the serpent, grazing its nose. "Whoa! That's a smart move Gumi!" she praised, laughing.

Another screech came from behind them and Yume dared another look. The flicker of its tail looked dangerous. Her eyes widened, realising the consequence of the action. She took a quick glance at Megumi, clicking her tongue as her hands clapped together in prayer. Barely audible due to the commotion behind them, a foreign phrase left her lips as a barrier invisible to the human eye formed around the puppeteer. Only when the slices of wind collided with the barrier with a nasty sounding crack, did Megumi realise of the barrier around her.

The serpent behind them was still fighting, as Yume saw over her shoulder.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Looking at Yume with a serious expression that told the idol to save the praise for after the battle was won. Megumi would not be in a talkative mood, she had gotten her friend free and the enemy partially immobile, however that tail still was a concern. Judging by how it did not seem to rely on poison and it’s bite, the snake mostly was a constrictor. Since it snared Yume and used its weight against her and the idol.

Hearing a screech followed by a large tail, coming in her direction, she could not dodge while in the air. She could use one of her puppets as a stepping stone or to block the attack, but it has coming at her too fast. Tensing up and guarding she would have to take the blow.

Inseatt of feelings the force of the massive force behind the snake's tail, she felt nothing and only heard the crackling as if a force field was around her. Using the snake's blow to push herself toward a tree, she would mold charka under her feet and stand on the side of the tree looking down at the snake from and save distance until it broke free from her trap.

Looking over to Yume and seeing her holding her hands together as if she was in pray. Was it a handsign, or some form of bloodline she had not heard of before? Saving the questions for later as Yume clearly has the ability to control and focus her charka. While this does not mean she is a ninja as other practices do employ the use of charka. However whoever Yume was she was not simply an idol.

Thinking back to the barrier and how it seemed to be wind based as it was invisible and only revealed itself through sound. Bring out several kunai with explosive tags attached to them, the ninja wire and tree would keep the breast pinned for a large attack. Yume was handling the defense, Megumi only had to think about offensive for the moment.

Holding the tags to show Yume, to get her ready for the snake to lose its binding after the attack. With her wind powers she might be able to add to her fire unless she unable to move as she had to keep the barrier. Throwing the tags at the snake she would string together a hand seal and spew fire at the tags through her mouth. The explosion would bring the rowdy snake down a peg and make it think twice for attacking the duo. The it was not just a simple explosion, the ninja wire and trees would turn it into a makeshift sharply grenade adding to the snakes mistake of trying to turn the girls into it’s supper
Three fully charged Kunai Explosive Tags thrown - Target Giant Snake
Thermal Maw Rank master - Target Kunai tags when it reaches the Giant Snake

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Round 3 of 3
[col3]Forest Serpent

Summary:
Lol jokes, I'm too lazy to make a full round[/spoilername]

With the grand display of explosive kunai as the finale, the two girls managed themselves to reach the entrance of the Forest of Death, leaving the serpent behind to screech in the distance. Eventually, the monstrous calls faded and stopped. Yume panted, clinging onto the chicken wire fence that surrounded the perimeter of the forest. The barrier around Megumi broke and the girls--Yume in particular--turned and leaned against the fence for a rest.

Yume could not help but laugh. "That was awesome, Gumi! You sure handled yourself really well out there!"

She pushed herself off the fence and stood up straight, smiling down at her. "Thanks for helping out." She took the flower with gratitude when it would be presented to her and clung to the plant close to her heart. Surely there would be a new barrage of questions thrown at her, to which she would have to nip in the bud early.

"I have to get to this flower to his grave soon before the bioluminescence fades. I know, I know, you have questions for me. But can you wait one week, pretty please? You'll get your answers then, I promise."

With a dazzling smile like that, how could Megumi find it in her heart to say no, right?

OOC said:
Tutoring thread complete. You are now fully eligible for the Genin exam. Link this thread to your training this week for double points. Congrats! You can now leave the thread.

WC: 1936

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Leaving behind some fireworks for the snake to enjoy. Yume and Megumi used this time to escape and make there way back to one of the entrances to the forest of death. Leaving the giant snake behind it’s screeches sounded as if it did not enjoy Megumi’s parting gift.

Reaching the plant encased fence of the forest, Yume would lean on the fence panting as she releasing the barrier. Megumi would look at Yume as she rested on the fence, whatever that jutsu was it appeared to have strenuous affects. Letting out a laugh Yume would tell her how awesome Megumi was i the fight. Looking away from her and handing the flower to her to shut the idol up both the young girl blushed from the complements.

Looking back as Yume thanked her, and held the flower close to her heart. Wanting to ask questions about who she is and what is with all of the idol business, but Yume asked her to wait and week and stating that the flower loses it luster quickly.

Looking at her giving a smile as if she thought that a smile could do anything to sway Megumi’s decision. As soon as Yume stated that it was for family, Megumi had already decided to wait until Yume appeased her own grief from her loss of a family member. Patting Yume on the shoulder as she put her puppets away. “ The mission is not over until the flowers are delivered to your brother”. Giving Yume a sideways glance with a smile. “ Don’t let are hard work go to waste now, i’m counting on you”. Looking back down the road as she started walking way. “ See you in a week”. Megumi would wave to her friend and save her questions for Yume at a later time.

(( Leaving Topic unless stopped ))

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume waved to Megumi with a smile as she left, slowly dropping her hand to her side once the young puppeteer was out of sight. A short exhale escaped her breath, as her bright idol smile dimmed down for a more gentle one. Turning away from the village itself, Yume dashed back into the darkness of the forest.

Her speed was comparatively faster alone than with Megumi, having to keep things under wraps and all. She reached the area where the serpent fell, climbing over the broken tree trunks and branches, Yume peered into the spaces of the makeshift trap. She met with a pair of golden brown eyes and smiled.

"Ah... Thanks for that, Oppa. Hold on a sec, I'll get you out."

q93QANL.png

NPC: U<3ME Manager​

Instead of seeing a an injured or dead serpent underneath, a person one wouldn't expect to find in the Forest of Death sat underneath the precarious tent the trees made. The manager grimaced, letting the idol pull him out of the rubble.

"Hm," he grunted, while dusting off his suit. Yume sheepishly pointed to his cheek; a significant gash had struck across his flesh from the kunai. He wiped off the blood and glanced at the crimson on his fingertips. "Really now. You could have done the normal thing and simply observed her."

"Now where's the fun in that?" Yume giggled, pressing her own fingertips to her lips. "Now I got to see her in action. I definitely like her."

Reaching out towards his cheek, a slight viridian glow emanated from her fingers, patching up his wound like it never happened. She recalled her mother mentioning that she was a medic once - an incompetent ninja medic that couldn't heal the body, but instead worked with the illness of the mind. Seems like even Yume was a little bit better than her with the healing, she thought with a barely audible chuckle.

"Oppa, can you organise a meeting with whoever is in charge of the military police?" she asked, bright-eyed and hopeful.

"... I'm your manager, not your butler."

She pouted. "But... But... You said..."

"I understand."

"Oh, you're the worst! Stop doing that!" Yume withdrew her hand and turned her heel to leave. "I'm going home first, Oppa!"

OOC said:
Marked for Training - WC 250+
Topic left

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back