Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private An Archaeological Find

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Daijamitsu was in for a surprise: as while his attention was distracted by the minotaur coming towards him, something was going on with Ren. As Daijamitsu has already come to understand, this place did not have the best of lighting. The labyrinth was only lighted by small altars that littered the place. When he was standing on the bridge and turns back to Ren, he would not be able to see any different. From that distance he could make out her shape, but the colors were unclear. However as he cheats the maze as only a shinobi could, things would begin to come into view.

9pr3Sux.png
If Daijamitsu remembers, Ren wore a large green raincoat that has a pair of rabbit-ears on the hood and boots that match her raincoat. However for some reason her raincoat and boots were now black and not because of the lighting. Ren had blue hair and blue eyes when they started this mission, but now it was like all the pigment in her body just left her. Her hair was white, her skin pale and eyes red. Or at least the one eye was red as her one eye was covered by and eye-patch for some reason. Her eyes just being open was curious thing as she was clearly awake.

Ren lift herself off the stairs. “A little winded but I’m fine.” Something was odd the way she spoke. She was for some reason using Usagi’s voice for herself instead of the puppet. Also wasn’t her arms broken? Why do they seem perfectly fine now? “Usagi is good too. Right Usagi?” The puppet nods without a word. Yet again something was off. The puppet’s eyes were closed, but he could easily overlooked that. The thing that might stand out is the fact the puppet changed sides. It used to be on Ren’s left hand and now it was on the right. “So how are we going to get back to the door? I’m not sure if I can do that trick you used to get here.”

Daijamitsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The change in Daijamitsu's companion was immediately noticed, once he was close enough to see through the darkness, and were the situation anything but avoiding a powerful enemy he would have cared more. But Ren's being well enough to move, and their having the capacity to escape, was the top priority. The addition of an eye-patch was odd, which caused Daijamitsu to wonder if Ren had hurt her eye and administered first aid while on the ground, but again it wasn't a pressing matter so long as she could move.

"That was a big hit, but if you say you are fine, very well," Daijamitsu said as he took note of the physical changes of Ren, the darker clothing and shifts in hair and eye color, as well as the voice that sounded like Usagi. "The trick is simple. Twist your body as you leap, to prepare for the change in gravity and landing. I do not fancy the chances of getting past the guardian without some serious injury, though as shinobi we are faster and more agile."

We must use that advantage, Daijamitsu thought to himself, as he glanced to Ren. Unless she has also gained some newfound power to go along with her change in clothing...

For a moment, Daijamitsu waited. He looked to Kiyo-sama, who up until that moment had been perched on the pale Genin's shoulder. Whether the small snake in the hat moved back to Ren, or not, remained to be seen. But Daijamitsu addressed the snake regardless, yellow eyes meeting yellow eyes...

"If we are going through that door, is there any idea of what to expect, Kiyo-sama?"

Daijamitsu looked over his shoulder, a frown on his features, as he saw the guardian lumbering ever closer. So long as Ren was able to use the shinobi method of leaping, the pair should be able to avoid confrontation...

"We must move. Now."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Turns out either the long way around was not really that long or the guardian took some sort of short cut as he was already at the steps. The bull like beast picks up the orb and was about to walk off when this Ren does the most unexpected thing. “Yoo-hoo Mr. Minotaur sir.” She literally just called out to the thing that attacked her just moments ago. Not only

that, but she was approaching it, which likely made Daijamitsu think she was suicidal. The automated puppet doesn’t speak, but gives an exhale of steam through its nostrils. It did not do this as an attack, but more like an annoyed sigh. “May I ask what the reason for your hostile action earlier is? We come here in peace.” This Ren had an interesting ability called identify, which is a Tsikuogami ability. As the spirits of the Tsukumogami contract were once ordinary objects themselves, they have an instinctual connection to other tools. With a touch, they can understand any object's quality, traits, and history, and can even, as the Tsukumogami like to put it, 'persuade' said objects to not work against them.

“Oh, I see.” Somehow despite the puppet not making any sounds or gestures, this Ren was able to understand the guardian. Ren does a low bow normal used in asking forgiveness. “You have my sincere apologies.” Again the puppet makes no gestures one way or the other. “Since you are heading that way, could…” The Minotaur then begins to turn around and walk away. Ren follows right behind him and if Daijamitsu was not doing the same she would wave for him to follow. Once Daijamitsu was next to her she would explain. “Mr. Minotaur…” another exhale of steam would be heard. “Oh, right. Touya here is tasked with taking care of thieves and resetting the puzzles.” When Usagi removed the orb for the alter, Ren was viewed as a thief. This is why the guardian had full attention on her, but ignored Daijamitsu. “He is going to reset the orb, place it back where it belongs and is willing to show us the way.”

Daijamitsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And yet, the rush to action didn't occur. Daijamitsu paused, his yellow eyes shifting between Ren and the Minotaur, not quite sure as to why the shinobi were hesitating. It seemed like a good opportunity to avoid confrontation with a strong opponent, especially if said opponent wasn't at their position. But it seemed the now different Ren had other plans, which caused Daijamitsu a few moments of confusion as he tried to piece together why she might be willing to be attacked again, when a call sounded...

Is... is she calling the Minotaur?

Daijamitsu frowned, as Ren walked toward the potentially hostile guardian. The thing snorted in response, but seemed to remain non-hostile. As the girl in black began to speak to the creature, Daijamitsu remained ready and poised. He didn't want to be caught flat-footed should the Minotaur suddenly change to attacking, especially with how hard it proved it could hit. However, there seemed to be some kind of one-sided conversation taking place, to which the orb carrying Minotaur remained passive throughout, save the odd snort.

And now Ren is apologizing, Daijamitsu thought with another frown. I am clearly missing something here.

The Genin could only presume that the guardian cared only for the orb, and with it in hand it intended to return said orb to the altar it had come from. Perhaps that was why it had attacked? It was less a guardian, and more a caretaker. One that was very strong. When Ren bowed to the guardian, and motioned for Daijamitsu to follow, the pale Genin did so. He was reluctant but also saw no reason or indication to think things would go badly. And when Ren confirmed some of what Daijamitsu had thought, including the Minotaur's name - Touya - and that it would help them with directions, Daijamitsu was cautiously optimistic.

"If you trust it, then I will follow your lead," Daijamitsu said in a low tone, yellow eyes observing the Minotaur's back as it walked. "Did you discover what it is leading us to, following your... conversation?"

For lack of a better term. Daijamitsu turned to the other member of the group, the small snake in the hat...

"What do you make of this, Kiyo-sama?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“He is leading us to the double doors of course.” She felt like she was repeating herself. She knew she told him that the guardian was going to reset the orb, place it back where it belongs and was willing to show them the way.

When Daijamitsu asked for Kiyo’s opinion, “Ren has an unnatural ability to commune with objects.” “And it has yet to let me down so far.”

Soon they would come to the doors which were about as heavy as the first one. They both would need to take a door. The white haired Ren pulls with all her might, but what welcome them seem to be a vast well lit room. The room was as big as the labyrinth they just came from and stepping inside they would quickly realize the room was not empty. From above flew a winged serpent. Her body was huge enough to make them look like rabbits in comparison. Her body was a beautiful shade of orange. Plumage of red, orange and yellow adorn her wings. The feathers shimmered in the light like a flickering flame. Her feathers were unique, though they looked like a birds upon closer inspection one would see not tiny little hairs sprouting from the stem but scales like that of a reptile. The scales were light but durable and were in a sense the armor to her wings. Yellow and orange fur stem from the tip of her tail like a fine paintbrush.

Kiyo seems to recognize her immediately. “The Great Sage Quetzalcoatl.”

The giant serpent descends from the air and addresses them. Her eyes are pure crimson, save for a black slit in the center. “You have solved my maze. You are the first in hundreds of years. Name your reward and if it is in my power I shall give it.”

[this is where you ask for the snake contract. After you posted I assume you can request your Snake contract in C-Mod Request. Probably would need to link this thread]

Daijamitsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
For a moment Daijamitsu was tempted to point out he understood the Guardian intended to reset the orb, and had actually meant what was beyond the doors, but it wasn't needed. No doubt the group would discover the truth of what lay behind that particular door soon enough, once things had been righted and returned to how it had been. The revelation of Ren being able to commune with objects was intriguing, and made him realize that perhaps there was more to Ren's use of Usagi than he had thought before; it seemed possible that the puppet was actually communicating through Ren directly, speaking its own mind and thoughts, based on what it shared with the young girl... or at least that was the theory, with limited information available.

"I see," Daijamitsu said in a low voice, as he continued to process what was said. "That seems like a rare gift? This is the first time I have heard of it, at least, and I paid particular attention in my academy studies. Very interesting, Ren."

Yet, the conversation was halted, as the group arrived at the double doors. The orb was returned, the maze resuming its previous state of balance, and with an effort Daijamitsu assisted with opening one of the doors. The room beyond was immensely large, and well lit, and was a shock to the young Genin. He had not expected such a vast space to exist through the doorway. Yet, his attention soon shifted, as a looming shadow high overhead drew his yellow eyes... and the sight was spectacular to behold, as a considerable winged serpent sailed on high.

"...who is she?" Daijamitsu muttered to no one in particular, his eyes wide and his mouth open. "She's beautiful."

With his capacity for connecting with snakes, Daijamitsu was able to discern a fraction of information from the winged serpent. He continued to watch as she circled and began to descend. Her scales and colorization were like glistening fire, a mixture of red, orange and yellow, and she seemed to glimmer. It was truly a sight to see, one that Daijamitsu planned to remember for the rest of his life. Kiyo spoke and told them of the name of the creature, the Great Sage Quetzalcoatl.

Amazing, Daijamitsu thought, as the serpent landed and spoke. He waited for a moment, to see if the others would speak, but decided he would after a short time had passed...

"Great Sage Quetzalcoatl, I am Daijamitsu," The Genin said as he stepped forward, yellow eyes meeting the crimson ones, before he bowed. "I have heard mention that shinobi have created contracts with powerful allies. I have always felt an affinity for serpents and would request the chance to similarly sign such a contract, if it is within your power."

He knew exactly what to ask. Something within him stirred, as though some piece of the puzzle to his bloodline had been fitted into place, and finally he had the opportunity to make a little more sense in the mystery of his life...

[ MTF | WC: 502 ]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back