Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

An Normal Run In with Mr. Normal [Open]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
'Eh?’ he thought as Airi began to get up then walked towards the field, the rogue wasn't worried since she was stilled within the barrier but her beginning to walk towards it did made him sit up about to accompany her since he wasn't too sure that the not so friendly's were gone. When the rogue was about to get up, the girl turned to him then began to surprisingly take up for the creatures of his kin. Telling him that he should embrace his powers to set an example for the younger generation that had his kind of abilities rather than hiding them when the sun came up. That he could be a popular figure to give hope to those students who were different. It kind of made sense since he was pretty much a full demon since he would pretty much be setting an example for the half breeds and to be frank he wasn't thinking of actually doing anything about the changing what people thought. A part of him wanted to tell her that it was okay but in reality she was right, when he was young he kind of acted out since a lot of people didn't see him as friendly. There was one person that he wanted to be friends with in his own way who literally hid like he was trying to kill him, while he had evil chakra doesn't mean he was actually evil so maybe something like this would help.

“Well yes, there are a surprisingly a few half breeds around here.” he said. The idea of teaching a Youkai course sounded like something he would do, perhaps help them control the aura of fear that they had and even teach them some of his methods of combat. Even Airi offered to help with educating people that not all demons are malevolent, even told him that it would probably be possible to walk out in daylight without hiding what he was to keep people from freaking out of from his demonic appearance or be judged. Just the thought of a saint aiding a demon to make it where the other more friendly demons wouldn't have to hide in the shadows would be a sight to behold. Maybe with luck they would try to get the Kami's off their backs since the gods weren't too fond of youkai. It reminded him of when he turned a academy student holy the first thing that came to her mind was removing him from existence since he was a demon after he helped her gain her holiness. But the part that made the rogues heart sink was when the Airi asked to see his true form. This caused Maru to give the girl a fake smile then looked around not really sure if he should. Now he got that she was fired up about the treatment of people like him, heck he even did the same thing to weird looking creatures in daylight but there was a reason why he didn't walk around in his true form. He didn't see himself personally but Maru knew that if the hell technique, his horns, and making the forest come to life scared the girl, the rogue could only imagine what his true form would end up doing… not to mention his aura of fear would be pretty strong which didn't help. Best case scenario would be the girl screams then runs away and the worst case she dies from fight like in the horror stories. He was a bit self conscious, may be overreacting a bit but still it didn't change that the reaction he would get might steer her away from the whole Youkai support.

He got where the girl was coming from, but there was the simple fact that he just couldn't help but cause fear and dislike towards him. He raised his hands, doing his best to at least give her another option. “Okay, okay. Now let's slow it down a bit. I know that you really want to help, I really do but like….” He began to rub his arm unsure if he should actually show his true form, in a battle it would be fine but he honestly didn't know if he looked like some weird ogre or not. “Are you like really sure about the whole seeing my true form? Like, you seen the old lady and it turned into a huge spider. With me being some kind of Oni I think I'll look more weirder than I already do, plus my Youkai aura won't help much cause it causes feelings of fear… You already seen a huge spider and Gozu, could only imagine the reaction to a blue snaggletooth scowled demon.” He had to be honest with her, perhaps she should actually see what she was actually dealing with since he didn't think his regular face looked that much better so he reached for the mask that was on his face then touched it only for it to began to glow with a red light, it cracked them shattered before turning back into natural energy becoming one with the earth again. Since Maru didn't look at his reflection he assumed he had a nasty burn wound due to the battle with Umashi but it would at least prove his argument that his true form should remain hidden….

However, upon dropping the mask summoning justu he let the girl be the judge. “Like I look like this as it is, imagine if I turn into a full demon?” Unfortunately, he kinda didn't make a good argument since his face wasn't as bad as he thought it was. Seeing his face as a whole, he appeared young with pristine skin that any doll maker would love to make their dolls have, without a blemish or wound that he believed disfigured him. Upon seeing his face the first thing she would notice was how his eyes were red with a strange heart shaped pattern around the pupils of his eyes similar to a four leafed clover. With the dark hair that blended with the shadows, slightly curved horns, flawless but fair skin, pointy ears, and red eyes with black hearts around his pupils it he may had not given a good argument since he looked normal at least. He could easily be mistaken for some cosplayer rather than being a real demon, perhaps it was the unfortunate consequences of literally not looking at his own reflection to what made him believe he was disfigured. Maru averted his eyes, frowning a bit not wanting to see the disgusted look on Airi's face. What Maru was seeing in his head was a Oiwa looking demon guy looking away with his nasty burn wound almost half closing his eyes, but in reality he looked more like a really shy guy. If this what he thought was bad then what didn't his demonic form look like? Maybe he was just self conscious about that form as well.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She felt herself step on a landmine. The second that she mentioned seeing his true demon form, he gave an obviously fake smile. She could tell because his other smiled had been so natural, he also looked away as if thinking about past experiences. Airi mentally chided herself. Yamamoto has been around for a lot longer than Airi had, he knew how things worked…and really did she really believe that he hadn’t already tried something like this before. Airi blushed a little feel stupid. Like her childlike mind would be able to solve the problems of an entire sect of shinobi for one single meeting. She needed to get realistic and be an adult about things. He probably did not want to squish her tiny ray of hope, thinking it probably better that she have it while she still could.

This wasn’t to say that she had given up, she just needed to really talk to him about what he had been through and where they could steer things in a better direction. At least this is where she really was standing, the real question she had ignored was how did Yamamoto feel? She trampled his thoughts with her own and she needed to correct that.

She came back to reality when he held up his hands as if to slow her down. Yamamoto was nervous…Airi could not help but get some sick sense of enjoyment thinking about how much more human Yamamoto was in comparison to someone like the guy who threw rocks at her. He actually reminded her of Setsu in a way with his enjoyment of puns and his nervous nature. It seemed like Yamamoto used humor to really keep himself at ease and in control. Was he actually a worry person at heart?

The one thing should could always do is that when someone was filled with doubt…something that her mother always taught her… ‘Airi-chan, always remember that when others do not have confidence in something and you know without a doubt it is the right thing…always smile and be as outgoing as you can. Be what they need to make that push…’

Airi nodded and lifted up her hands with joy. Inside she was nervous but that’s not what was needed now. What Yamamoto needed beyond anything else was… “No matter what you look like, you’ll still be Yamamoto Yamaru!” She smiled as brightly as she could even giggled a little. She wasn’t lying nor was she being dishonest. To feel real she imagined what Yamamoto would feel when Airi accepted him and he could relax and smile, a real smile. Airi felt like the emotion was the coziness around a campfire. Serenity in its purest form.

As he reached up to his face, he seemed to touch and hold his mask, it started to glow a redish color before shattering away much like her own holy mask. As he looked away not wanting to meet her eyes Airi had to take a few steps closer, she swayed as she did it and maybe hopped a bit so each movement was very telegraphed and deliberate. She was in no way attempting to surprise him and leaping movements were usually the most foolish to do in combat so it would show weakness or defenlessness.

As she got closer she found it hard to look into his eyes due to distance and his lack of wanting to meet her gaze. As she looked she leant a bit to give her some different perspectives. “Hummm…” she shifted again attempt to move her gaze towards his… “Humm….” She stood up straight and declared, “Fallen Angel!”

She took a few steps closer and said, “While you are missing the dark feather wings…you have a pale skin tone and while you have some demonic features…I would say you look more like you are sad at what you had lost and less like a raging demon or anything. Sure you could look scary but…I could see you killing that modeling career!” She had to resist the urge to once again touch his horns.

If she had just said he was pretty…then he might not believe her. As she leaned forward to smile while bending at the hip she said, “Kawaii-san had been holding out on you. She really should have let you know how lovely you look, you really do have a noble glow to you…it makes me a little jealous I think guys would even say you are prettier than me.”

Airi smiled and closed her eyes and tilted her head and laughed to herself. A bit of self-deprecating laughter always lightening the mood. “Yamamoto-sama you really are your own worst enemy you know? Even if you were some scary things, and trust me you are not, actions speak louder than words. If you really wanted to be accepted you would make efforts to do it. So no more self-doubt parties!”

Airi would reach out, at first quickly but then slowly would attempt to touch his face so he would look at her. If he allowed her to she would smile and say softly, “See…now doesn’t this feel better. First my mask went away and now you get to be free too. Now we can make an open connection.” Both their masks had vanished in a similar way…now they could be open with one another and as she smiled she hoped that he hope would be able to reach him in that dark place he seemed to put himself. “Yamamoto-sama…I am not scared of you.”

If he did not allow her to touch and move his face she would simply have said her last line…in an attempt to comfort him. She honestly felt more like a mother or older sister at this point but her only goal right now...was for Yamamoto to accept himself, and if he did not then Airi would just have to work with him slowly...it did not need to happen now...acceptance was the hardest part of the healing process.

[mft]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well that's was true, no mattered how he looked he'll still be Yamamoto Yamaru, his identity wasn't the problem here it was just what other people would think of him. It made him smile that she was at least trying to boost his confidence, but it still wouldn't change that he was monster. He honestly wondered what would she had done if he acted differently, if he didn't catch on to how she was feeling when he made the environment show him where she was Maru believed that she might would have had a different opinion about him. He believed that she might would be only sparring his feelings to keep him from going ballistic which he wouldn't because he never picked on anything that was weaker than he was much less a girl. Perhaps the power difference was scary, knowing that the person you are with was way stronger than you were you'd be pretty scared to make them mad. However, it was nice of the young kunoichi to try to lift him up but now was the real test to see if she actually meant what she was saying. Starting with his true face which he hid a lot…

On the first 'Hmm’ he kept from looking into her eyes as she examined him, starting to feel the urges to put the mask back on getting stronger. The second hum he gotten curious so he took a quick look to see if she was frighten or disgusted. But it looked like she was still thinking so he looked away, again before jolting to attention when she declared him to be a fallen angel. Maru now looking at her now was confused at first since he was expecting that ‘It doesn't look that bad’ rather than her telling him that he looked scary but he looked lovely. When the girl told him that Kawaii had been holding out on him, the spirit jolted into attention then automatically had gotten defensive. 'Hey I DID try, I honestly thought he just used that to fish for complements.’ the spirit said. Studying human behavior she believed Maru was playing the old I'm ugly thing to lower people's expectations then show his face to surprise whomever he was trying to hook up with. She didn't think that he actually BELIEVED he looked bad so the spirit brushed it off. The rogue looked at his spirit then put a hand on his chin to think about that time at the festival Kawaii did made him walk around with her all day without his mask and Maru was nervous as hell then. He was getting a lot of stares, whispers, giggles, and a few girls just ran. When Airi began to put herself down saying she wasn't pretty he smiled and said. “Nah, I'm not even close. I think you would be a solid 10 out of 10 and I'm willing to guarantee you that you will have people that would agree with me. Besides, I personally think the horns are ugly.” he chuckled.

He felt a bit more comfortable now, perhaps it was the positive vibes she was giving him but at least he didn't feel like he'd scare her away. Maru could admit that he had a problem with overthinking, if he was willing to help other people rather than doing like most demons and run throughout the country to cause chaos then maybe there would possibly be a slow acceptance with other people. Airi was holy and didn't want to vanquish hi- The rogue at first wondered what she was doing when she was reaching out to to plant her hand on his face, it was innocent enough to allow since she felt like now that his mask was gone it made their bond strong. Maru looked up at her smiling face which made the rogue smile back, his red heart eyes looking back into her eyes he reached his hand up to poke Airi on the forehead. “You’re a sweet kid you know that." he teased then pulled her cheek. Though they were the complete opposite of one another she almost felt like a sister that he never had. Maru was worried for nothing, if she was willing to accept his true face then perhaps she would be willing to accept his demonic form as well.

The rouge probably had gotten a bit too happy because when his natural energy from when he removed his mask had gotten on to the hand that he used to pinch her cheek with causing Airi to glow with a dull purple light. The hitodama's that were floating at her sides turned purple then one hitodama floated to the top of her head then faded through the top of her head then another hitodama swirled around her before disappearing into her lower back. The outfit that Airi was wearing glowed with a dull purple light before it quickly transformed to look like a dress, the aura dress shattered to reveal that she was now in a maid outfit with a floral crown on top of her head. Maru held his mouth, knowing he screwed up but the hitodama's that disappeared into her sprouted REAL animal ears on top of her head and a long bushy tail black and white sprouted from a tail hole that was made when to outfit sprouted into existence. The animal ears and tails were REAL! They even twiched with her movements, and the maid outfit she had on wouldn't turn back for nothing and even if she wanted to take it off it had been cursed with some weird demonic chakra to make the outfit practically like a second skin. Maru quickly shot up then held his hands up. “Don't worry I can fix this!" He exclaimed…. Before reaching both and out to touch the girls ears then giggled to himself. “Awwe look how they tw- I mean I'm fixing it!” He exclaimed again then slapped himself to snap himself out of his floof hypnosis.

Ooc: What Airi looks like now.

wBuHUyt.png

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The fact that Kawaii had tried to tell him he was fine looked made Airi give Yamamoto an, ‘oh really’ look. So Yamamoto was so caught up into himself that he typically ignored what people told him. Once again action was going to be what moved his heart. Airi just needed to slowly prove to him overtime, which was her initial intention.

Airi was starting to a feel kinship with Yamamoto in that maybe she she learn what she was preaching. Airi...maybe...was better looking than she thought. Same as Yamamoto. She decided that maybe from now on...if she was going to push people to do things...she should follow her advice.

As Airi reached up to make sure he knew she wasn’t going anywhere Yamamoto poked her in the forehead and she took her hands back. Her cheek pouted out but then he grabbed them. Airi haphazardly struggled against him rubbing her cheek. He told her she was sweet and she just glared a bit but nodded and said, “Mom would be mad at me otherwise.” Airi was fibbing a bit because she was irked slightly. He was just teasing her...she needed to lighten up a bit.

Airi suddenly felt weird though...was that why she was so irked. She looked down at her hands and they seemed to be emitting a soft purple glow to them. The light for the spirits changed to and they seemed to take on the same color as well. She felt a warmth enter her...it was weird because she really felt like she was energized.

Airi began to rub her head feeling like something was on it and when she did she felt something furry and she jumped trying to wipe away whatever it was. “YYYEAAAAA!” As she suddenly started to spin around she felt like when she grabbed it it hurt. “Oww!” She felt like she pulled on her ear…

As she looked worried at Yamamoto he said that he could fix this. “Fix what!?” He suddenly reached out and rubbed her ears...that were in the wrong place. He seemed to laugh as he did it and Airi felt herself let out a small kitten hiss and she covered her mouth. He said he could fix it and Airi looked even more upset.

She felt happy that he was concerned and wanted to fix it. In fact the fact that someone as strong as him was submitting to her will made her feel good. “You’d better fix this…” Her tail wished back and forth and she suddenly looked confused. She started to spin trying to see it and then sigh and reached behind her feeling...something like a tail. She tugged on it and realized it was in fact connected. Even as she felt it she noticed her outfit had changed entirely.

As she glared her eyes over to Yamamoto she thought about how she had asked to have his chakra put into her so she could feel what it was like to be a Yokai...so she could understand. She felt agitated but was that really how she felt. Her...emotions seemed to be running on overdrive...and they seemed to not be the negative ones. As she kind of closed and open her hands she felt...strong. Was this really what it was like? She felt like she was missing so many things and her senses were hunting for something.

“You said it would go away after awhile...you don’t need to fix anything. I asked for this.” She felt herself talking more sternly and then her eyes opened. “I mean I apologize. Yamaoto-sama I did not mean to come off so aggressively.” She bowed to him and then just kind of started to pace She felt restless. Like she needed to actually focus on being still.

As she shifted and looked around the forest felt more comfortable to her than before. Airi stopped and then held out both of her hands...she started to feel this new chakra of Yamamoto and started to pool it into her hand...she thought it felt cold and yet hot at the same time...it was weird. Lifting up her left hand she took a breath and started to focus. She started to have to look but she allowed her natural blue chakra to pour out and then pressing herself hard she then turned it into holy chakra.

As Airi looked between the dark corruption to the holy chakra she could feel the gentle warmness. Airi had already learned how to make wood jutsu but no book she had ever read mentioned anything about…

She wondered how she looked...holding this chakra and as she smiled she said, “Yamamoto-sama...what would happen if I tried mixing these two chakra together?” She tilted her head slightly maybe not realizing what she was saying...she had no idea what was about to happen. For all she knew she might be holding the ingredients for a bomb in her hand. She wondered if Yamamoto was nervous...she felt...weirdly stronger and just said, “I feel...dangerous...it’s weird. I feel like I am enjoying it more than I should. Is this how you feel sometimes Yamamoto-sama?” What she needed to do was calm down, think and feel. She was certain the chakra would not last long but instead of learning how it felt to be a Yokai she might be slowly falling to the temptations of the dark chakra. Her whole body...everything was different from this perspective. She even started to giggle slightly...though it may have a slightly mischievous tone to it.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Airi hissed at him, Maru strangely found it adorable but he resisted the urge to 'Awwe’ at the girl because that probably wouldn't help her mood much. As the rogue was about to reach in so he could remove the natural energy from her, the girl began to chase her own tail which distracted him again causing him to hold his cheeks then cooed at the kitten. “Dawww look you.” he said in a babish voice. However his attitude quickly changed when she glared at him, clearing his throat and straightening himself up to be serious. “S-Sorry.” He apologized, then he tried to figure out how could a person change back. He didn't give off as much Natural Energy as Umashi did on the B.A.D (Big Ass Dino) fiasco so it wouldn't be a problem to just change her back. Airi could feel that although she had cursed chakra she was actually helped in strengthening her as well, giving her the ability to manipulate dark chakra due to Maru's Maleficium which made anything he did cursed. Along with her calming chakra that brought joy she also had the evil chakra of a demon that wanted to cause mischief and spread fear. Able to bless people with good fortune or curse people with misfortune.

The rogue was surprised when she ended up telling him that he didn't have to fix his mistake since she did ask for it, he was sure that it would go away soon but it was the fact that he didn't mean to actually do that was the problem. “Uhhh no need to apologise, it was me that messed up. Heh heh…” Maru laughed, then reached to the back of his head then began to rub the back of his head. Maru stood back to let Airi kind of like feel the power of a Youkai, he wasn't sure but the rogue may have turned Nekomata, a cat youkai that are able to bring misfortune and gloom with them but that was the closest subspecies of youkai he was able to think of at the moment. Her hand with Maru's demonic chakra soon became cloaked with dark red vapor like aura of miasma, an aura said to cause paranoia and dread to anyone those nearby. Her holy chakra was calming and uplifting, instead of giving off paranoia it gave cleared the minds of those who aren't aligned with evil and blessed people with extraordinary focus. It was quite simple to tell the difference. One chakra made it so others can't, the other made it so others can. One sought to dominate and destroy, the other sought to prolong and strengthen. One seeks to be feared, the other fights against fear. Selfishness and Selflessness. Dark and Light.

When she asked him about what happens if she mixed the two Maru was pretty sure nothing that bad would happen however if she was trying to make some super attack then that would be concerning. “Well I guess one chakra would probably dominant the other, you'll either end up make something spiritual if it's perfect Yin-Yang or just burn the cursed chakra away if it's unbalanced.” He shrugged. “Of course, there are some exceptions since I can always make things cursed no matter similar to how you can make things holy.” he walked over then placed a hand on Airi's shoulder then leaned in to look at the two kinds of chakra in her hands, it was impressive how she was able to call upon both chakras so easily. She was talented without a doubt. With a sigh he decided to make up for having her wear some ridiculous outfit so he might as well give her something else that she asked. “Well I guess now that you're a Youkai now you are probably gonna be immune to the aura I give off.” With that he moved away from the girl to go outside of the barrier of talismans, a half breed was able to walk around freely but a full youkai would probably burn to death if the were inside the barrier of talisman. Hence why Maru stepped out first, seeing how her wielder stepped out the safety of the barrier he set up Kawaii quickly floated from the tree she was by down to where Maru stood.

He gave a sigh then placed his hand to his face to release all bonds and restrictions he had in his human body, unleashing his true demonic nature his aura of fear plused outwards and like the spider in the place of the young man with Youkai features looked to be full demon. Maru had two sets of black curved horns now, his dark bluish hair was snow white and his skin now was the pigment of dark blue. The demon before Airi also had bat like wings that flapped below his waist that looked a little too small to actually fly with, he now had a long leathery tail that whipped behind him, with red and black clawed like hands. Maru's kimono now took the form of a dark blue and rech trench coat, tight pants held up with a belt with a large skull as the buckle. Though he wore a coat, Maru was shirtless so that young shinobi was able to see the weird tattoos that ran on the Youkai's left side of the his muscular figure. Not only did Maru's demonic chakra change himself but it also changed his spirit as well or what the girl thought was your everyday ghost girl.

When Maru's demonic chakra washed over the blonde spirit she too showed her real form which was that of a succubus. Kawaii like an adult with curly horns on her head with her hair still in her usual pig drills but Kawaii now wore black full length gloves and black boots. Her new 'outfit’ was a pretty tight zebra colored spandex outfit that clung onto her extremely pale body like a second skin with a red bow neatly tied around her waist. Her eyes where bloodred and despite her pale complexion she had seductive pink lips that curled into a mischievous smile. A lot of people thought that she was just a regular spirit of some long dead girl but that's what she told people to hide what she really was. With Maru's form of the demon finally revealed, his demonic aura was strong, so strong that a weak willed person or even monster would cower at the sheer feeling of fear that he gave off and scraper away to hide. Luckily Airi was fearless so his aura should have no effect on her.

Maru's small wings flapped and is tail moved from side to side. Though he looked a bit different, his face looked pretty much the same if you got rid of the blue skin. ”Uuuuuuuhhhh… Is it good or bad?’

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yamamoto began to explain to her that really one would either dominate the other or there would be an equilibrium of the two chakra just making it neutral or spiritual. For some reason this really bummed her out...it worried herself that she was suddenly hoping to make this some kind of super attack. Why was she suddenly so interested in things like getting stronger? She suspected it was the dark chakra. When he apologized to her it made her feel good, which she knew was a bad sign. Honestly, she really just felt more impulsive and easy to please. Plus she also felt her attention span was getting small and smaller and she needed to focus.

Yamamoto came over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. He just looked down and stared at the two chakras. She looked from her hands back to him and wondered what he found so intriguing about it. When he spoke again she was a little confused. What did he mean by Aura he gave off?

Yamamoto then made his way outside of the barrier. She had to admit she was curious but as she followed him for a bit she really worried if she herself could even go through it now. She suddenly felt wary about the talismans...maybe something like a sixth sense. She wondered if this had all been a plan to separate from her...put her hands behind her back and let out a small bit of air. I need to focus...no emotions. He is showing you something. Stop overthinking or overfeeling things Airi.

The change happened really quickly. In a matter of moments the duo that stood before her changed. Kawaii probably changed the most but maybe it was just the personality shift she did. She normally came off as the emotionless quiet type but now she had pale skin and...well weird clothing. She also had a smile that told Airi she should not be trusted. The pressure that came over the area was what really threw her off. Even if she was not afraid she felt it hard to stand. She could feel a flight instinct take over and her body told her whatever in front of her was too powerful and she should get away.

Airi felt a little sad...unless he could reign in this pressure. Most normal people would not be able to handle this form. In term of looks, he actually did not seem all that bad. More like a bad boy from a gang with a demon sort of theme. Boy would probably think he was cool and as he looked at her and said good or bad she could not help but give a faint smile. He was still Yamamoto-sama.

As she shifted attempted to make sure she kept on her feet she said, “I think you make quite the effective statement. Though if I am being realistic it's not the looks so much that are the problem but the over commanding pressure or aura you give out. It’s really making me knees weak.”

Airi did not show a hint of fear unless you count her leaning against a tree for support, she was not behind it by any means. “I think if i was more equal to your ability I would be completely fine.”

Well she certainly believed that everything in the area was gone. He looked really powerful and as such it actually made her feel more secure. She felt like there was almost nothing in this world more powerful than him. A foolish thought but the young girl was quite inexperienced.

“Either though i think getting you used to walking around without a mask is the real first step!” Airi’s tail moved a bit back and forth. It was weird how quickly it just rolled along with her emotions. It was not like a dogs, it had more elegance and swift movements. Airi did smile, though maybe she had an idea.

“Ohh! What if i can somehow learn to make my holy chakra into an aura to sort of neutralize or lower the effects your had on people? I would still need to get stronger but maybe that would be an option?”

Always the optimist and always trying to solve problems. One day it might be her downfall.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

With a worried expression, the demon wondered if this form was a bit too much to take in since she wasn't afraid but she did look as she was weakened. He held his face, wondering if he was like Medusa or Yuki Onna with one look at him and people die! Maru was already beginning to internal panic at the thought but when she told him that it wasn't his looks that he gave off but the aura of fear he calmed. The fear of the unknown was what makes a demon strong, when a Youkai represents themselves as a monster they usually can invoke a wall of pressure of sorts to make themselves appear larger than what they truly are. Pretty much a feeling that makes other feel like you won't be able to win against a the Youkai, Maru uses his ability with fear to make himself look like a high ranking demon and even displays it in combat with his sheer strength along with nightmarish illusions. The weak willed would usually buckle before him if they were on his bad side, often changing the mood in the air with his demonic aura before creating an illusion to make it seem like he was all powerful. ”Hmm…. I guess that makes a bit more sense versus that I'm just ugly.”<i></i> Upon hearing she was feeling weak at the knees because of his fear, the demon tried to dull his demonic aura. ”Sorry.”<i></i> Though Maru looked the part of being a demon he didn't act the way he looked, kind of like he was a human stuck in the body of a demon.

Airi was correct, if she was equal to his level then she would be able to over power his aura of fear since his Youkai abilities are way weaker than people of holy descent who don't cower before him. It's why most demons would think twice about fighting someone holy, it was a miracle after that B.A.D incident that he was able to put a dent on the damn geko since the thing had practically shrugged off his demonic aura like it was nothing. He couldn't help but envy Airi's ability to control holy chakra, twice he failed at getting it so maybe perhaps it was that the gods had probably given up on cleansing a poor soul like him. Perhaps he would have to go meet the gods himself, probably take someone with him vouch that he wasn't all bad at least? When she gave a compliment that he was starting to get used to being without a mask now he pouted. ”Well we are the only ones here, so it's better showing my face around my succubus partner and my new… friend? Student? Both?”<i></i> he asked wondering what he would be a call Airi since they were kind of total opposites of each other. ”If I had to show my true face around town needless to say I'd just end up wearing a mask or avoid people all together. What can I say, I have a mean case of scopophobia.”<i></i> While Maru is able to take control of the environment, summon Youkai, create Youkai, cause fear, cause plagues, curse people, bring items to life, bring nightmares into the real world, open hell gates and all kinds of things that would be horrifying to most people… He was scared of his face being looked at without a mask by too many people. Kawaii and Airi were fine, one he lived with 24/7 and the other was too nice so he didn't have to worry about being ridiculed. Perhaps that's why he didn't go for the whole modeling thing, the mask at least gave him more confidence.

When the girl threw out another idea for trying to minimize his demonic aura in theory yes it would work, her aura would minimize the fear he controlled so no one would cower or baby's cry sure. But they would still know something is off about him, he thought of a the best way to explain to the girl how it would and wouldn't work. “Well yes. If we were even your aura would more than likely override mine, but like that's only if you're around and I don't think you'll be able to tag along with me all the time.”<i></i> he explained. ”Plus even if you could I think people won't fear me but would be suspicious of me. Like, imagine a nun and some vampire emo looking dude walking down the street with each other or better yet some queen walking a dragon on a leash. Don't matter if that emo is clutching a Bible in hand or if that dragon is on a leash, people would normally avoid me would be like 'What is HE doing with her.’”<i></i> he frowned. Though the idea would lower his effects on people she would have to be EVERYWHERE he was and he'll have to be anywhere she was. They both had missions, classes, and a social life so to be everywhere would probably cause an issue since one of them might get irritated of the other. Besides the fact that his fear though wouldn't affected people, they would see that he won't be off if he didn't hid his demonic side. Plus with this dinosaur coming, that Muii who's the mother of monsters flying in, he didn't think that they would allow him to even show off his horns without people's eyes on him. Now maybe it was his own fear getting the best of him and maybe people were more accepting but what if?

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi could not help but chuckled at the fact that he was still making sure it was not because of the fact that he was ugly. She even had to rub her temples. ‘He really does not look in a mirror does he?’ How afraid of his situation was he? Airi took in a deep breath and felt her resolve kick in, once again she needed to not focus on this more animalistic feeling. She smiled mostly to herself than to anyone else.

Yamamoto went on to say that he was getting comfortable only because they were alone. Then he had the awkward comment of trying to figure out what she was to him. He went through friend then to student and then mentioned a little of both. Airi had no problems placing their relationship. She knew exactly what she would need to be for Yamamoto. “I need to be your friend, if I was a student they might think I was some holy demon worshiper or fallen. Thinking on it people may still think that, I would like to learn from you but I would like to believe friend is the better for the desired situation.”

It would be harder the more and more she thought about it. She already had a good following of people that liked her for her due to her Sunday trips and work. Maybe she should introduce Yamamoto to them first and see how things go? Airi was currently running around in head not really getting anything close to an answer that she wanted.

Airi had a bewildered like on her face… “Scop..pop…phobian?” She had no idea what type of animal that was or what it had to do with him and his mask…wait was his mask a living thing he made? Airi felt really confused once again but there was not much she could do about it.

As he began to explain his concern Airi did sort of nod at that. Her tail swished in annoyance. She could not help but feel like people were unchangeable and they should be crushed. As Airi thought that though she already knew it was the chakra talking. She looked to Yamamoto and just could not really disagree with that. Though, if she saw them she would walk up and talk to them…for once this train of mind must be something that made her…well weird or special. It kind of made her happy to know she lacked the fear to seek out knowledge. Not everyone was like that though and she needed to find an easier way to do it.

Airi found herself deep in thought scratching at a tree as if it was a scratching post. It incidentally did calm her down. Weird…

Airi held up her hand and bopped it. “I got it! Most people are wary around strangers. If you were famous though no one would be wary initially. If we played into the dark side people would just think they thought it themselves! If I could maybe…make a talisman or charm…you could carry that around. It might only dampen the effects by…like a fourth or something but that would still be more reasonable.”

Airi smiled feeling like this would really be the answer. “Look you are pretty and when people really meet you they will see how nice you are, our only problem is the initial seeing. Seeing you through a magazine or billboard would not give off an aura. Plus if you mention shinobi people are bound to know you may have some strong presence or something. It covers all the bases! If you ever want to be more…intimate or friendly with someone you can let them know once they trust and understand you as a person better!”

Maybe in a rural town or something he might initially have this problem but Airi felt really confident. “Plus even modeling you can wear a mask! It adds to the mystery!” Airi was so certain that this was the answer she smiled and started to hop a bit.

“Kawaii can be your manager! She has the calm intelligence needed to pick the right situation and deals. Plus she is never far away and you could always forward any conversations to her. She does not seem to have as potent an aura as you and maybe people will just think she is tough.”

She walked toward the demon and smiled put her hands behind her back. “Any complaint here? Plus I can start your fan club. I’ll work hard to spread your name!” With that she stuck a pose and gave him a victory sign. Not really knowing where that came from she almost felt like one of those…what were they called…idols or something since she was wearing an outfit.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Oh, so they WERE friends he didn't want to assume that they were before he started to throw the word around though something that caught his interest was that people would assume she was a fallen if she was only a student. A fallen? He honestly didn't know what that was, maybe she was similar to a Kami and will turn cursed if she aligned herself with the forces of evil. Similar to how the mother of all youkai was a fallen Kami banished from the Kami realm then became a demon due to her hatred. When she looked at him funny when he mentioned that he was scopophobic he realized the child didn't know what he was talking about. ‘Oh right, kid brain.’ he thought, perhaps he just said he didn't liked to be stared at by multiple people versus using some big word not a lot of people would know. When Maru looked at the girl while she was thinking of a solution, he saw her tail swish back and forth. The demon reached a clawed hand out to try to floof the tail only to tap his fingers against the invisible wall that he created with his own talismans and the wall gave him a small shock to stop him from touching the barrier again. The demon saw Airi while she was thinking began to scratch at the tree like a scratching post, and he thought she looked so adorable that he wanted to pet her so he reached his hand out again only to have a jolt of electricity sent through his hand again from the wall. Maru waited for a few moments, then narrowed his eye at the invisible wall that was blocking his hands away from the adorable cat girl, lifting his hand he was about to make another dumb attempt at trying to touch the tail when suddenly she held up her hand then Maru hid his hand behind his back to let her speak.

While the idea was ambitious, to Maru it seemed like it would work. She could have him like carry around some charms with her chakra, he carried around those tags Onmyoji's would use to keep evil Yokai away. He could even shape it into a mask so he won't lose it plus the idea that he could be famous was swirling around in his head, thinking of all the things that he would do. He'd probably be like one of those cool manga hero's, by day he works as a mysterious model that is actually a high ranking Oni keeping the lesser Youkai from attacking people. Plus with the mask that had been blessed by his friendly neighborhood saint Airi's talisman it would be perfect for hiding his true nature at least until he ultimately reveals himself. ”You always have a solution for everything do you?”<i></i> the demon teased. Perhaps he liked this plan better because he gets famous out of the deal plus he couldn't exactly come up with something wrong with it. Kawaii seemed to enjoy the idea of being the manager of sorts since she was well liked plus pretty attractive so who would say no to her, besides she knew Maru would pretty much take anything to be well known so it'll be more than likely nothing would be inappropriate for him as long as the guy wore a mask. ”Manager huh? Now that's could be a lot of FUN~♥” <i></i> the succubus giggled, with Kawaii approving he didn't have any complaints. Besides the girl had already had an idea for a fan club for him and gave him a confident pose then gave him a victory sign.

Maru again raised his then gave her a victory sign of his own. ”Welp I guess you win, got nothing to complain about.”<i></i> the rogue said then realized that the sun was being to peek out. The morning was there already? Well, guess it couldn't be night forever he knew that his chakra would diaspper from her when she got a bit of sunlight kinda like how his horns shorten when he is in the daylight. ”Well guess you better get going, just step into the sunlight and the ears and tail will vanish. And that outfit will turn back to normal. Don't worry you won't turn back into a cat chick like a werewolf when it gets dark.... Probably.<i></i> the trees that were scattered around began to quickly move out of the way to make a clear pathway for Airi to walk through the eyes opens again to look at the girl, binked once then closed. ”Need me, just like… I don't know staple the a note to a tree or just swing by the forest. Always around here or at the hot springs. Soo… see you when you get Gennin?”<i></i>

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yamamoto made a comment about how it appeared to him that Airi had a solution for everything. Airi was not really the detailed thinker. She could come up with grandiose ideas but they usually feel apart in practicality. Really she had only gotten this idea from Yamamoto himself. His idea of what would be fun or ideal also was effective use or well cure to his current problem. She just sort of repeated it with a slightly different viewpoint. Kawaii was going to be the hard sell she thought until she jumped on the opportunity to make decisions and crush some people pride. Though she did wonder where that last part came from…

Airi would not be around all the time, she hoped they could at least meet once a week but that might not be possible…shinobi work and becoming a model would suck up a ton of free time. She would need to do research on how to make a fan club…she at least promised to help on that front.

Looking at how he could come into the light and Kawaii would watch over him more actively she felt like, well things were moving somewhere for him. She felt like she had been a gentle push but hopefully he would be happier for it.

Yamamoto returned her victory sign and slowly started to realize that while in the form he could not actually come over and stand near her. Airi was worried herself if the chakra would get blocked. Feeling a very real barrier between them made her realize herself that she needed to stand up and get to his level so she could stand next to him. This would be her new motivation in training. ‘I need to be strong enough to stand near my friends and not have them worry about me’

Yamamoto mentioned that once she stepped into the light…everything would vanish. She felt a panic set over her…the strength she was feeling now would leave her. Her confidence…maybe even Yamamoto himself. She looked worried wondering…what if this was just some weird forest illusion. Would she lose her friend? She touched her face where he pulled on her cheek and then clapped her face.

She looked at Yamamoto and declared, “YOU BETTER BECOME AN AMAZING MODEL SO THAT WAY THE FAN CLUB I MAKE DOES NOT LOOK STUPID!” She crossed her arms defiantly but gave him a confident smile. She brushed a hand through her hair and then marched along the spirited tree road that was made for her exit. As she walked away she looked sad…and weather he could hear her or not she clenched her hand over her heart. “I’ll find you again…you better not be a dream…”

As she made her way out of the forest, she eventually came to a hill and as she knew the sun was poking over it…she reached up and touched the ears. Sighing slightly she pushed as much of the chakra out as she could, attempting to feel the aura one last time. As she crossed the threshold she could feel the sun turn that chakra from dark to pale yellow. Her figure returned to normal and as she shielded her eyes from the sun she felt hope. Hope for Yamamoto and a new hope and direction for herself.

“I’ll be able to stand there someday…just you wait Maru-san.”

She felt the warmth of the sun and only now just caught that she was cold. She shivered and stretched, a small yawn escaping her. She had never stayed up all night before. She felt tired…she would maybe set up a crock pot and then sleep while it cooked…she figured today would most likely be a lazy day. As she walked she turned and waved back to the forest…yes it was scary but now she knew that potentially there could even be friendship and warmth in the shadows.

[Topic left]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When he saw the worried expression on the girls face it kinda made him chuckle to himself at what Airi may have been thinking. If she was able to go out into the sunlight then his natural energy would just vanish from her, then the forest would go back to normal so she'd probably lose him. The little devil on his shoulder told him to make her believe that this was all some dream, that he doesn't exist and that everything that happened here was a trick of some genjustu. But he wasn't that mean plus she would be able to find him anyway since he was pretty easy to point out especially if he was on the front cover of some magazines. When she turned to him then told him that he better be an amazing model so he didn't make her fanclub look stupid he laughed. “Hey, I'll do my best for you. I would hate to let someone down who was…” he paused. “The answer to all my prayers!” Maru was pretty proud of that one, he might have to actually use that one in one of his amazing pick up lines.

Seeing the girl off, he waved bye to her as she began to walk down the road again, of course he heard her say that this better not be a dream but didn't say anything because he wanted to keep her wondering but he did say that he'll see her whenever she became a Gennin. When the Airi finally was far enough the trees began to move to their proper places behind her all the way until she made it out of the the forest. When the she had finally made it to the sunlight the cat like ears and tail just turned to a pitch black smoke like chakra before it faded into the air with a hiss. Then her outfit changed back into that dark less revealing outfit she was wearing when Airi first came into the forest. Turning Airi back into her normal self, the dark chakra that leaked from her outfit simply became natural energy and became one with the earth again. When she waved bye, she could see one of the trees waving back before turning back to normal once again.

Maru placed his hand over his face then the in a puff of crimson smoke, he was back to his normal self mask and all. His outfit now was his day outfit with his fancy blue cape fluttering into the wind and his boots. He walked towards the barrier once more and he finally got through then looked back at his spirit who was also able to cross the sealing barrier. “Welp that was therapeutic, you meant what you said about being my manager right." the rouge asked and Kawaii nodded. ”Sure, you dress up in all sorts of things. Might as well get paid for it.” and there was also the plus side of getting him any job she wanted, she could have him wear all sort of things and possibly get him the most embarrassing ones for her amusement. But since Maru trusted Kawaii, he wouldn't object so Maru decided to skip his way to head out of the forest to see what awaited him next. His thoughts began to wonder, she was the only one that he actually showed his real face to and didn't freak out. He was honestly curious what his face actually looked like but there was a slight tugging at him telling him that his face would most likely look bad so it's best just not to know. He chuckled, wishing the girl luck on her exam hoping that she didn't get bad luck because of him.

“See you again soon!”

[Ooc: Left Topic]
[Ooc: Great Rping!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back