Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

An Un-aspiring Medic [Tutor]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They really were good at keeping him busy. Nearly every day he was given some type of order to keep him out of trouble, but it was working, he was too tired to create any mischief has he's been on shinobi duty every day since he got here. Today he was to meet up with some medic. Apparently one of the best in the Cloud, he was nice enough to teach Tatsuo a thing or two apparently and while this is the last thing Tatsuo wanted to learn, he wasn't going to have Umashi break into his room and drag him to the hospital. Tatsuo his normal mission gear, consisting of a dark gray shirt with matching dark gray pants, bandages wrapped on his right leg. His Leaf headband proudly displayed on his forehead for all to see.

It wasn't hard to find the hospital with the maps he was given, they were quite detailed and it was hard to miss the giant building which was the hospital. However finding the office in particular was no easy feat. Tatsuo wasn't one to ask for directions either so he spent much longer than he should have looking around for the office. However after his third or so lap around the hospital, one of the scantly clad nurses assisted him in finding the office in mention. Tatsuo knocked on the door, letting out a yawn as he was still waking up. Unfortunately for him Umashi was quite insistent on the boy being a medic, Tatsuo didn't really see the purpose in all of this but Umashi was the Hokage and he had to listen to him for whatever reason.

WC: 277

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu looked up from a file and said in a loud clear voice right as the child's hand was about to knock on his door, "Come in." Hearing blood movement and heartbeats was terribly handy for telling when someone was on your doorstep.

The door swung open for the young man despite Osu being across the room and behind the desk. Actually despite being the only person in the room the scratching of a good dozen pens completing paperwork around the room. "Come in and have a seat then, I will be done with these files momentarily." The person behind the desk by appearance seemed to be a frail but pretty young woman, the voice was by contrast healthy, friendly and a bit more androgynous. The flowery yukata and naturally gentle expression on Osu's face made most people feel sure he was a lovely young woman but occasionally someone would correctly guess he was in fact simply a very pretty young man.

"You must be the Medic-in-Training from Leaf. A pleasure to make your acquaintance," Osu said cordially while looking up from the paperwork his hand continued to keep filling out despite him not looking at it. "My name is Osuteno and I will be giving you a little lesson today. First though, would you like some tea?" If one didn't pay attention to the red string like things that were holding the tea cups with saucers and the pot of matcha, one might think they levitated over and began pouring. "I also have milk and juice if those are more to your taste." After serving his young guest a refreshment Osu leaned back in his chair with the number of pens held my red strings gradually decreased in number as they completed the forms they were working on. "Now before we begin, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself and why you are learning the medical arts?"

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo was almost startled by the door opening on its lonesome, he quickly glanced around looking for anyone who may have opened the door. However he was soon awestruck by all of the pens managing to do work. At first he wasn’t able to see anything that would be assisting the young woman. When told to take a seat, he moved ahead going forward and slipping into one of the chairs parallel from his own. “Yes ma’am.” he said looking around before finally noticing the thin wires of blood assisting her.

Immediately, his stomach dropped. He had never seen a blood technique, hell he had no idea it even existed. His face quickly went pale, but then he was worried he would get in trouble so the embarrassment would quickly lead to his face turning red. When offered a drink he shook his head. “I’m uh- I mean, no it’s okay, I don’t really need anything to drink, I drank a lot earlier. I swear.” he said, despite the newfound dryness in his throat from the oddness of this situation. The Cloud Village truly was an odd place, blood jutsu just made Tatsuo uncomfortable, now that he thought about it, lots of things made him uncomfortable in this village.

When asked his reasoning for becoming a medic he let out an indigent sigh. “Well, I uh, I mean, well I’m Tatsuo, that’s my name, I am from the Leaf Village.” he said awkwardly motioning to his headband. “And I uh, well, I mean, it’s not that I don’t like medics or anything, but I don’t wanna be one, ya’ know? The Hokage just decided I was going to be a medic.. So .. well I’m here.” Also talking a mile a minute usually left Tatsuo out of breath, in which he spent the next few seconds catching his breath after his prolonged monologue.

WC: 323
Total WC: 600

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu's gentle smile stiffened a bit when he was called ma'am. Before he got on to correcting the boy though, Tatsuo said something that rather surprised Osu. "The Hokage told you to be a medic against your will? Does he not understand the time, study, and dedication it takes to become a medical professional? Orders being orders is one thing, but that is an insult to those who devote themselves to mastering the field of study that is the human body and a complete disregard for the resources involved in such training and the spirit of the individual! I have it in my mind to go find him right now to give him a piece of my mind." Osu wasn't quite sure when he had stood up and began leaning on his desk with his arms, but he quickly cleared his throat and sat back down.

"Or I might if that wouldn't likely make trouble for my own superiors... Perhaps a letter to your medical branch..." Thinking about it for a moment, Osu sighed. He then looked back at Tatsuo with a more awkward smile. "Still I was assigned with the task to teach you something today... I won't exactly force someone to learn who doesn't want to... But even to the average fighter some medical techniques can still be very handy. Like the ability to infuse someone aesthetically. Useful for calming people down or numbing pain for a short while should you need to keep moving. It isn't a terribly difficult technique to perform if you can use more basic healing, the real trick is mastering using the correct amount. Too much can be much worse than too little. If you are interested."

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo shrugged his shoulders as Osuteno stared to get worked up about the ideals of a medic and the hard work and dedication it took to be one, Tatsuo honestly could care less but thought it better to not say anything. He didn't want to end this day with contributing to some of that blood helping Osuteno write. He continued to rub the back of his neck as Osu continued to get worked up about it, but he just shrugged continuously before offering an apology. "I mean, I never asked to be it, i'm just here. I wanna be a super strong fighter someday, not a medic, not that there is anything wrong with that or that medics can't be great fighters, I am sure they can I just don't think i'd like to be a great medic i'd rather be a great fighter even if medics can be great fighters too." he said catching his breath again after the long apology he spewed out.

When Osutenso offered a medical thing he could learn, but more tailored to his tastes he nodded graciously. He still didn't want to give his guard up too much, he was worried of becoming the next floating line to help him write. "I- I mean.. we're not going to test it on me, right? I'd rather uh.. ya' know.. not be numb. I gotta.. I mean you know .. Ninjas gotta be sharp and all, can't be slacking on the job. But I mean maybe next time I fall out of a tree I can use it on myself and it won't hurt so bad, or something like that, yea?" It wasn't usual for Tatsuo to speak this much but he wondered why he was doing it now. He had kept quiet for the most part since arriving in the Cloud village, and it's not like he was more comfortable here than he had been, very contrary to that. This blood man made him uncomfortable, and he could barely tell if it was a girl or a guy, what's all that about. All these things raced through Tatsuo's mind as he continued to confirm that the cloud village truly was a strange place and nothing like his native home of Konoha.

WC: 375
Total WC: 975

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu chuckled a bit as the young man seemed to be trying to make it clear he wasn't insulting medics. "No need to worry about that. While there are great fighters among medics it isn't a primary concern for most of us." Finally the last form was done. The last of the red tendrils returned to his body and allowed him to focus more on the boy.

"We will be aiming to do more of a local anesthetic for practice and I was planning on letting you experience the proper level we are going for... but if it unnerves you we can practice on me instead until you get it right a few times... I suppose I should explain briefly how anesthetics work. Local anesthetics block nerve transmission to pain centers in the central nervous system by binding to and inhibiting the function of an ion channel in..." Osu thought about his explanation for a moment then stopped. "Basically we will be latching a bit of medical chakra to a nerve group to prevent as strong a signal of pain. With general anesthetics we would be trying to knock out your perception entirely but as you said you want to remain aware generally. So first you channel medical ninjutsu," Osu said as his hand glowed green. "If you don't know how it is very similar to channeling base, or non-elemental chakra but with more intent of life, I suppose would be the best way to describe it. Not necessarily an intent to preserve life, simply that the thought of life is in your channeling. Next, you perform seals like this," Osu said while slowly demonstrating the handseals, "and gather about the same amount of chakra as you would if you were say... making a basic elemental clone. Then you would simply grab me where you intend to anesthetize me. It is also pretty handy for when dealing with civilians because they generally cannot handle near the same level of anesthetics as shinobi without falling unconscious."

Osu then put his hand down on the table while a tendril appeared above them holding a scalpel directly above Osu's hand. "Now, why don't you give it your best shot and we can see where you might need some improvement." Motivation was always important after all when learning.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo furrowed his brows as he began to explain the complex procedure behind all this. He had understood a word or two but that's about it. What he did gain from the situation was that he was to use his chakra in the form of creating life. He knew how to mold chakra, at the least, all of that complex stuff Osuteno began to speak about went over his head. However he paid close attention to the hand signs the man made. Completing those with ease he lifted his hand much like Osuteno's, but instead of green chakra, a large branch began to grow out of his hand. It's leaves greener than the grass on a summer day and the flowers already beginning to blossom as if it was the first day of spring. Tatsuo began to shake his hand off trying to let the branch loose, in which it scrambled to the ground and fell over. "I mean, I uh, well I have a special type of bloodline, or something like that. That's what my sensei told me, it's called Moukton or something like that. So I don't think the whole.. intent to create life will help me too much, all of my chakra creates life." He looked back to Osutenso for answers, he was silently hoping that this would be a lost cause and maybe it'd be impossible to teach him medical jutsu which might spur the Hokage to leave him alone about it. But another part of him wished to learn it, maybe it'd help flesh out his arsenal a bit more. Getting up from his chair he picked up the stick he had created and looked to Osuteno for further instruction.

WC: 285
Total WC: 1260

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu sighed, "Come sit back down. I am quite familiar with Mokuton, I have had a couple Kyoubaku in my care before." Osu simply held his hands out palms up at this point. "Your issue is that you are broadening your perception of life too much, your thoughts thus bring you to nature." Osu began channeling earth chakra in one hand and water in the other. "Your mokuton energies are derived from a strong connection to earth and to a lesser extent water, these combine to make the wood element." Osu let the two different colored chakras dissipate from his hands, technically he was holding a dominate water and a lesser earth which was the base of crystal jutsu but he was simply trying to demonstrate a point. Next he simply left one of his hands palms up and channeled a 'pure' energy. "You should be starting from here. Simply start with focusing on channeling pure chakra. Nothing else. Then focus on the simple act of living. Breathing in air, letting oxygen spread to your body, fueling your life, eating, digestion, nutrient gathering, hydrating, sleeping, breathing out. Things necessary for the body to repair itself. Simplify that thought to a feeling called life, and focus on that feeling while channeling." His hand began glowing that warm green glow again. "Here, I won't actually use any technique, just feel what it is like."

Osu pressed the warm green glow against the young man's chest. Osu held the energy there for a minute so Tatsuo would be more familiar with the sensation. "Start with energy, add life. Give it a try."

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo watched him as he did both a water and earth creation in his hands, however Tatsuo wasn't capable of that, any time he tried to channel elemental jutsu it came out as Wood, which was both a blessing and a curse. It gave Tatsuo a strong affinity to the Wood and allowed him to make his techniques stronger and less straining on his body, but it gave him very little leeway in regards of utility. All of his elemental chakra was going to be released as wood. No way around it. However as the man continued to show him and then place the hand on Tatsuo's chest he understood what the man meant. Well, he couldn't put it into words, but he understood the feeling. It was like when he performed Cancel or another jutsu which had no true element, it was just pure chakra, however he needed to add more life into his chakra. He went to do the hand signs he was shown earlier and soon enough the chakra, while inconsistent with shades of blue and green, it was showing. He was forming the chakra needed to heal in his hands, despite it also having the quick burst of blue occasionally. He continued to focus trying to tone down the more offensive chakra in which he had the most experience with until only a bright green shone from his hands. He let out a big goofy smile, almost forgetting his earlier fear of Osuteno. "I did it!" he said waving his hand around, a small green wave following it. "What do I do with it now?" he said looking back to his hand and offering it to Osuteno.

WC: 281
Total WC: 1541

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu couldn't help but laugh into his hand as the young boy suddenly held the medical chakra towards him asking what to do with it. He had no idea why but he found the sight exceedingly amusing and couldn't help but give the boy's hair a ruffle. "Now you just coat the... No let's simplify it. picture my hand here as full of really tiny... bubbles. Very, very tiny bubbles that send signals to the brain when touched. Simply form the image of coating those and dulling that signal. Here." Osu placed his hand flat on the table in front of Tatsuo with an expectant smile.

"Just give it your best go alright? Try and give it an even coating, the best you can. I don't expect you to get it perfect the first time of course, but we can give it a try." He wondered if it would be a good idea to motivate the kid by telling him ahead of time that he was going to test this... Nah Osu was sure Tatsuo would do just fine. He at least had enthusiasm now. Rather reminded him of a certain other kid he had the privilege to lecture a bit. Osu wondered if they would get along.

"By the way, Tatsuo-kun, have you made any acquaintances in our village yet?" Osu asked while waiting to see the fruit of the boy's efforts. Maybe he could arrange a little play date... err friendly competition between some of the kids. Maybe an obstacle race or a camping trip so the youth could make friends from outside.

[We have finished the tutoring requirements but let's go another set to actually finish the lesson lel]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo moved his hand over to Osuteno, placing his over his. While the numbing technique was not as effective as, say Osuteno's he would feel the creeping dullness and tingle that would follow any numbness after a few moments. Tatsuo looked up to Osuteno, "Did it work?" he said furrowing his brows and not moving his hand just in case. "I've never done this type of jutsu before, is it working?" he said looking to remove his hand, he was worried it'd work too well and maybe he'd damage Osuteno's hand or something. After just a short interaction with him, he started to grow more comfortable around Osuteno, while he may have some odd techniques he seemed friendlier than most and when he asked him about people in the village, he nodded. "Uhm, yeah i've met a few.. I met Hoshi and Kikei, I like Hoshi." he said nodding but offering no criticism to Kikei. "Uhm, that's about it though, i've been sticking to my work mostly." he said looking up to Osutenso curiously. "Why?"

WC: 175

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu suddenly dropped the scalpel from above them straight into his hand and stared at it a moment assessing before removing it, somehow bloodlessly and with no visible sign his hand had just been stabbed. "Still quite a sting on it, I would practice limiting your attempts to a smaller area until you really get the chakra efficiency down. Very good for a first time though. We can say you pass this little lesson and your homework is to think of how to apply this technique in real life scenarios."

"Ah of course you met Hoshi, rather energetic young man. I was just thinking while you are here it would be a good opportunity for you kids to get to know each other, like a camping and fishing trip. We can even call it survival training," Osu said with a wink. "Honestly it would be a shame if you came out all this way and didn't spend some time on fun. If you and any of your friends are interested I can try to organize something."

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo's comfortably around Osuteno was immediately washed away as the man dropped a scalpel on his own hand. Cloud Ninja truly were odd characters, he nodded as he was told he would need to practice more home and find ways to use it in battle. Tatsuo rubbed the back of his neck as he stopped channeling chakra. He nodded as Osuteno began to speak and recommend that he should do stuff with other Cloud Ninja children. "I mean, yeah, if you want it sounds fun to me I guess, i've been mostly sticking to missions. They said i'm less likely to cause any trouble if i'm doing missions ya' know?" Tatsuo then let out a sigh and a quiet yawn, "This is the first day I haven't had a mission since i've gotten here, thanks for the training. If you want just tell me if we're going to do anything again." he said "I'm staying in that nice inn, room 203 you can contact me there if you want." Tatsuo would then bow to Osuteno and go to make his exit, heading back to his room for a much needed nap.

[Topic Left, unless stopped]
[I had fun, we should do this again]

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu smiled and waved at Tatsuo as he said how to contact him and left. He seemed like a nice young man, it would be good for some of the village kids to make a friend they normally wouldn't have. Besides having good relations with another village was something to work towards. Now who should he take along, Osu asked himself while opening up some files.

[Tutorial Complete! ~Congratulatory clapping~]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back