Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

An Unlikely Visit II: Electric Boogaloo

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
</FONTFACE>
<FONTFACE fontface="georgia">You know, they say love changes people… Kaji did not know who penned the saying, but he agreed. It can make you, build you into the best version of yourself, and inspire you. Love evokes you into bringing joy into the life of your lover, your partner, your better half. “Better half” Kaji would sometimes spit the words when the loneliness peaked. At times he was full of spite and a bit of pain, the reasonable sort he had gotten so tired of denying. For months he had been replaying the incident which drove him and his wife apart, even using the memory console in the Sileo, breaching protocol to review a snapshot of the moment on repeat.

The idea of moving on wasn’t even considered... But, with every visit to the Aescepuleum to visit their ailing daughter Umeko, Kaji felt the wounds between him and Yuii open fresh. Feelings of resentment attacked him when he saw his beautiful daughter withering. For those first few months, the guilt became rage— countless hunts were conducted through the underbellies of the region, trying to uncover the culprit of his daughter’s near-demise. But once all of the homes were raided and the scum was scraped from the bellows of the Lightning Country, there proved to be too much to sort an answer. His rage met its end, replaced by hope for Umeko’s survival. And so the father waited, and he watched over her, and when he could, he hunted. To the point of being a distraction from the present, Kaji was pursuing that incident he wasn’t there for, and the things he could not change.

To be honest, the period of separation felt sufferable for Kaji at first. He convinced himself that they needed this pain to focus on the tasks at hand. But when enough was enough, Kaji discovered that Yuii was not quite finished with her cooling off phase. She had been evading him. The game of keep away continued until a peculiar point where everything changed. A doppelganger had impersonated Yuii, and from there came a chain reaction of awful proportions.

Awake at night and sleepless, Kaji always wondered how she was faring and would feel the tattoo he shared with her as a symbol of their union. Thoughts of the rumors spreading about her presently plagued the husband. Ninja in the speakeasies were telling lies, defiling the name and good reputation of a good woman. Not only Yuii but Umeko— whispers called them monsters... Monsters?

A rare night on the town to celebrate Tatsuo’s birthday came to an end with Kaji set loose, quietly planning to douse the fire which kept his family separated. His blood was hot from the potent drink circulating in his system when he left the inn and took to the streets. Having paid good money for it, the drunken Kaji even took a bottle of booze with him and took swigs as he went. It was incredibly out of character for him to do such things, but you know, love changes people. Kaji Okada never lacked courage, but in his middle years, he was finding himself too wise for his own good. Now, he was ready to be assertive in the way their relationship needed— he was ready to give her the chase she demanded out of him. Reliable intel from one of Yuii's closest henchmen said she’d quite likely be in her office that night, catching up on work. And so he was on his way, swaying but sure-footed on his path towards the Torre Celeste.

Kaji was aware that he was a bit too drunk to stumble straight through the entrance of the Torre Celeste in his casual attire. So Kaji used one of many subterranean access points from the Sileo Tempestas to sneak into the mighty tower. A secret elevator opened into the broom closet of the tower, arriving on the exact floor he needed. The intrusion was simple up to that point but would be complicated moving forward. In the passing months, there was an element of discretion when it came to the rockiness of their marriage. However, whenever Kaji had come to visit and Yuii were present, shinobi guarding the floor would seek to turn him away, claiming that Sennin Kagetsu was not taking visitors. It was disgusting... even though revealing his own authority allowed him to override their orders, the interruption was enough to aware Yuii and supply her time to evade him. Tonight, he wouldn’t accept such a ruse! Using the transformation technique, Kaji donned the uniform of a shinobi on janitor duty. To complete the ruse he dropped his bottle of booze a rolling mop bucket, covered it with the mop, and ran some cold fresh water for authenticity. On a sober night, he might have done things differently— however, he likely wouldn't have gone through with this, either.

Rolling the yellow bucket with its rickety wheels through the hallways was easy. The shinobi on guard paid Kaji no mind when they passed him, except for one who said “missed a spot”, pointed, and splayed a douchey grin. Once he met the doors of Yuii’s Office he hardly hesitated to give a courteous knock. He crumpled his voice to sound old and haggard and called out “Housekeeping.” Then he twisted the handle and let himself in, rolling in the mop bucket first and moving with his head low, hat hiding those uncanny emeraldine eyes.

- Kaji has entered the thread.
- Requesting Yuii Kagetsu.
- This is a private thread.

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting inside of the office of Kagetsu Yuii was a tall, white haired young man. Splayed out on the couch with his back leaning against the arms rest, he held inside of his arms a small baby, with jet black hair. The young man was shirtless with the baby placed against his chest, with his jacket and shirt laid on the back of the couch behind him. His right arm, which was wrapped in bandages from just above the elbow to the tips of his fingers, ran through the hair of the small baby as he quietly cooed to it.

“I guess you were right Kagetsu-sama, he really did need his father’s touch.” Maikeru would say to Yuii as the door to her office was being opened, “Though, I’m still not quite sure why I had to be shirtless for this..”

Noticing the janitor entering the room, Maikeru gave him a polite nod before returning his attention to the bundle in his arms. His blue eyes met the eyes of the child, before a smile came onto his face. The baby laid carefully over the mark on his left arm, which was for once silent and complacent in his mind.

“Isn’t that right, little one? You like dads touch much better to moms, that mean old Sennin.” He said to the baby, giving a look to Yuii through his eyebrows in a teasing manner. “Isn’t that right little prince?”

Finally a thought dawned on Maikeru, to which he looked to Yuii. He paused for a moment, his lips slightly agape as the way to form the thought into coherent speech. Finally, after a few moments, he spoke.

“You know, it’s weird, but, he kinda looks like my little sister when she was a baby. He kinda looks like a little Uchiha..”

[Asked to join by Kagetsu Yuii]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Babies enjoy the feel of skin contact and can recognize their parent's chakra signature innately. Most young creatures are like that.” Yuii replied from behind her desk as the door swung open on its own.“Didn’t they teach you that at the hospital?”

Standing behind her oak wood desk, Yuii did not so much as look up from the blanket of papers strewn haphazardly across her desk; not for the man holding her newborn and not for the supposed cleaner who was allowed to enter unmolested. The clothing hanging from her body was every bit as disorganized as her desk. Her white, snug singlet was creased, half tucked and dishevelled. Her black pants were no better- creased with long wear and stained with white Raiden only knew what. No embarrassing sweater today, though it was easy to find, tossed across the back of the sofa Maikeru currently occupied.

“My daughter was the same; she preferred her father. Babies just don’t like me I think, even my own.” Yuii replied blandly without a hint of hurt in her voice, as she had long ago accepted the fact. Maikeru was fishing for a reaction though; she knew it, he knew it, and they both knew it wouldn’t work. The edge surprise had given him at their last meeting had been dulled and rendered ineffective. Curiously, so had her ire with him, though, as if his change in branch had flipped a switch in a small way, though no one could have called the way they treated one another kind. More like a wolf and a tiger trapped in a cage waiting in an uncertain truce for the first chance to rip the other's throat out.

Combing her fingers through her mop of hair as she extended her arms in a full-bodied stretch. “I’m just glad he has stopped screaming,” she complained, her voice raising an octave as her spine made a series of pops, “It’s worth the pay to have you here I guess.” Her eyes still hadn’t left her work, almost purposefully remained glued to it, though she didn’t seem to really be reading any of it. But that was the trick, Yuii never really read anything. She was listening

Which is what made Maikeru’s continued attempts to talk about her baby aggravating as he made sweet observations about the sleeping baby. She couldn’t blame him; the little prince was adorable, but the point was to give her some peace. “Perhaps, but he better not be.” she sighed, throwing him an annoyed look, “No offence to your kin, but they draw in bad luck like a dead carcass gathers flies. He’ll have a hard enough life as it is.”

She clicked her tongue, glanced at the supposed cleaner, then back at her work, “I don’t have time to chit-chat or play games tonight. Can you take him to the nursery, I need to think.”

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The rickety mop bucket led his entry into the docile scene; a yellow eye-sore with a squealing wheel that knocked every few feet. Small tidal waves hit the floor, making a mess that the janitor simply strode through, too drunk to care. Well, it was less drunk and more absorbed; Kaji was acting abnormally clumsy as he worked his way to the center of the room. His attention was darting about as if he hadn’t been into this space before, as if they hadn’t broken in every new piece of furniture in the last decade. Maybe they didn’t but the thought sounded raunchy enough. As for thoughts, Kaji had a lot on his mind in that moment. His head was spinning. Tunnel vision was all that could help him, causing him to hone in upon her like a beacon. Only the Blue Lady could do this to Kaji Okada; turn a great beast into a harmless pet. He was so focused that he missed the sound of a stranger’s bantering, something that might have stricken a sober Kaji as quite relevant… But this was not a sober Kaji.

“You could always tell when I was coming,” said the janitor with a voice Yuii knew intimately, sauve and heavy, with his Earthborn accent so rare in their country. Kaji managed half a turn to summon his yellow bucket, and he dipped low to search the water with his hand swirling. “I was at the pub with Tatsuo when Saeko found us… You can thank her for this. I told her you always put on a chase, but she was sure that tonight was a good one to come visit. So... here I am.” A bottle of booze with a label and maker’s mark of a local tavern surfaced in Kaji’s hand, visible cooling in his grasp. He stood upright, and in the motion he let his disguise fall away with a touch of flare, turning to dust and nothingness thereafter. Albeit with a slight sway, the image of her bonded lover emerged before Yuii, looking at her with a dubious gaze that glowed like emeralds in the summer sun. The strands of obsidian ran to Kaji’s usual style, sloppily pinned back, but a clean woodsman beard now crossed his jawline. Throughout his look came the occasional strand of silver as he neared his silver fox phase. That’s a thing, right?

Kaji dared to advance one irresolute step and felt the tension in room increase like a string of a violin tuning. The feeling of uncertainty was awful: months of it all conflicting with a sudden rush of some deep love that felt… Well, he wasn’t sure how that love felt, it was just there, lingering, waiting for a definition. To the untrained eye, he might have looked dangerous as he advanced towards the Sennin. His form was long and lithe yet carved with muscle, seemingly as hard as stone beneath his form-fitted clothing. With a tone that was more pleading than suave he told her to “spare a moment for me, Blue.”

Seconds of leaning in felt like a lifetime until Kaji dared to sit on the side of her desk. The wood made a meager aching sound as he settled on it awkwardly, and planted the cold bottle on the desk as if it were a gift. The condensation was already ruining a document, but Kaji was too busy trying to read Yuii. “No games but, maybe just a little chit chat…” He said in a slightly slurring whisper; he was leaning, looking, hoping to force some kind of smile from her with his charm. “How about a drink? And I brought—” he paused to fish a slice of chocolate cake wrapped in plastic wrap out of his jacket. It was slightly smushed but its the thought that counts. He set it on the desk next to the bottle, making a pair. “You got me sneaking in like I’m your arch-nemesis… What happened to us? The only thing that should be arching is your back.” Knowing how bad that was given the situation he reeled back, trying to straighten up and say something more meaningful. “I’m not here hoping we can fix things all of a sudden, I just… miss you.” It took until then for everything around Kaji to sink in. There were signs of a child but no Umeko in sight; stains on Yuii’s clothing as an indicator— he remembered the scent of regurgitated formula from their daughter’s infancy well enough. “I just miss you,” he said again, repeating like a broken record but this time with a disbelieving tone.

Finally, Kaji turned to regard the boy and babe lounging on the sofa. Swinging upright like a branch after a stiff wind, Kaji suddenly felt foolish for wanting to smash his way back into his wife's life. He knew well enough already, but now had empirical evidence that Yuii had undergone some serious life changes without him. “No rumors about a baby... that's not possible... I'm just drunk.” Kaji thought, perhaps trying to refuse what his eyes had shown him. “I see you have a new pupil?” His eyes narrowed at Maikeru with a scrutinizing glare and his lips puckered briefly with a frown. “Already a step up from that one girl— what’s her name, your Uchiha one…” His head glanced quickly from Maikeru to Yuii and then back to Maikeru. “she used to piss herself…Kikei!”

Feeling the slightest bit embarrassed for intruding on what must have been a tutoring session on parenting for young shinobi, Kaji stood up and sauntered over to Maikeru. He began fishing in another jacket pocket and revealed a few golden yen pieces. “Here you go son” he said, smiling and looking at the baby and dumping the coins on the unflatteringly pale farmer's tan. “Why don’t you and champ here head downstairs for a bit of fresh air while the grown-ups are talking.” His hands went pointing in directions outside the office. “Hang a left by the stairs, and you’ll see the vending machines. Go ahead and grab a pop and a snack for the little one.”

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah, no, I was more on the research side of things," He said in response to Yuii's questioning of his medical aptitude. "If you want surgery done, or figure out why a disease happened, I'm your man. The intricacies of child care? Well, I'm eighteen, I can make sure it doesn't die but..."

It wasn't until this strange, uninvited, very bold janitor entered the room and began to speak, that Maikeru took real notice of him. The way he spoke to the woman made it seem like there was a familiarity to them, but, that wasn't possible, was it? Why would she know this man in such... biblical terms when she was married to the ANBU sennin? How strange and awkward for this man, it wasn't even like he was flirting well. Some of the lines he used made the Uchiha cringe internally. Only your back is supposed to arch? Yikes.

The man continued on this tirade of sexual innuendo for far too long before he addressed Maikeru, and his words were far from kind. Who in Raiden's name did he think he was? Maikeru wasn't a sennin or anything, but he was still a Chuunin. He couldn't be positive, but something in his head told him he probably outranked random janitor #345. Sighing as the golden yen pieces were tossed to him, and subsequently fell to the floor with a soft clattering, Maikeru set the baby down on the couch. Taking his jacket, he covered the baby like a blanket, before running a hand through his mess of white hair.

Now the mark was burning. Furious, white-hot anger welled from the mark and spread through his entire chest. How dare this man disrespect the king? The thought caused Maikeru to blink twice to clear his head. No, no. Now, wasn't the time. He didn't want to kill the man after all. Disrespecting the Sennin like this was a dumb move, but it wasn't something that called for execution. At least, not in cloud it didn't. If they were still in leaf, however...

Regardless, Maikeru stood to his feet. Grabbing his short sleeve shirt he slid it over his body before shaking his mess of white hair from his eyes.

"Look, guy, I'm not sure who you think you are, but, do you really think this is a good idea?" He asked, raising a curious eyebrow at the man antics. "I mean, flirting with the Sennin is bad enough, but insulting me? Well, that was just stupid."

For a moment, Maikeru looked like he was about to take a step in the man's direction, but decided against it. His looked to his peripheral, where the young prince still slept softly and quietly. Again, now was not the time. Instead, he turned his attention to Yuii.

"Kagetsu Sama, do you wish me to leave you to deal with this man? I could pick up Umeko-chan and take her home if you wish. Make sure the children are tucked in when you get home."

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Anbu Sennin was correct, she had known, though it had been an easy thing to recognize. After Umeko's attack, even the Janitors had been limited and thoroughly vetted before being allowed into her office. Of course, working such late hours, she had naturally come to know all two of them. A little adductive reasoning and the Main Branch Sennin had quickly realized who she was facing. The tattoo made it easiest.

No hint of surprise, Yuii exhaled softly, pushed the work that had been occupying her mind aside, and drooped heavily into her dark leather chair. With a mutter that was completely unintelligible and in the cadence of Kumogakure mother tongue, she laced her fingers together beneath her chin, leaned forward into her hands, and fixed the not a janitor with an expectant stare. She would not need to ask anything of her drunken husband, as he launched into the who, why and whats of his visit without her asking. She would have, frankly, had he not offered it but there was no need. All the while Blue haired Sennin was like a placid, inky black lake; nothing showed behind the calm surface that she portrayed as this man she called husband stumbled through his emotions. Barely a flick of her eyelashes as Takaki's name was invoked, a small sound in her throat for his plea for time, no laughter or twitch for his terrible pun.

"Oh," she answered finally, leaning back in her leather chair, which creaked beneath her weight. Kaji's attention turned towards Maikeru and baby Mitsue, and with the same serene face, she listened as he misunderstood the situation and spoke down to the young man who she held no love for but deserved more respect than he was given. Silently she glanced away, ashamed for her husband and shamed that he would act this way in front of someone that he assumed was her protege. She did not care what Maikeru thought of her, but if Suika was sitting in her place? If she dared to call her Bronze 'champ' and send them away like he had the right?

Her voice was weak and sad as she answered the shirtless chuunin male, “You may leave him in the nursery with Umeko, please Maikeru.” She did not expect to be home that night, “I may require you again tomorrow, though, you made promises to her, remember.” She fell silent, contemplative.

"You're drunk," she said finally, eyebrows dipping forward in ire, "so I will forgive you for thinking this was a good idea." The anger turned to pain, longing and shame as she struggled a moment to find the words she wanted to say without letting the current of emotions poison them. She tried so hard, but...

"You're right, we do need to speak about the obvious issues plaguing our relationship." The single word ‘but…’ hung in the air as Yuii glanced around her office, at a loss for words on how to explain how utterly disrespected she felt in that moment amongst all the other emotions, "Have you never listened to my warnings about Takaki? Did you really think that the division that has happened would be solved be a bottle of wine? That I would take whatever slurred promises of devotion you sing song in my ear and let them siren my legs open for you? I'm not some red-light district worker, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm the Sennin of Raiden-damned Kumogakure village and I deserve a little fucking respect, you know? Or do they not teach that to the fucking corps in your deep dark den of debauchery downstairs.”

Yuii sucked in her breath, realizing she had failed, and covered her hands in her face as the shame overtook all. "What am I supposed to say to you right now? How am I supposed to feel like your wife and not some back alley call girl you decided to hit up after a fun day of partying? Like my thoughts and emotions mean nothing to you. Like my life outside of bed means nothing to you."

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
THERE BE DRAGONS IN THESE WATERS
It was only a few days ago that Nozomi had, once again, died. That damn fur ball and the Jashinists lied to her about giving her a 5 year extension to live. If she had known that she was going to kick the bucket earlier, she would have worn some nice clothes that she could've been buried in. However, her will to live was too strong and she had an ace in the hole when it came to second/third chances. She had been haunted by a group of Jashinists for her to join their cause, an act that she didn't regret if it wasn't for the constant hunger for blood.

Finding her way into the Torre Celeste, she noticed the light hum of a vending machine, showing off the leading brand here in Kumogakure. She approached the machine and smirked at it, poking the thin, illuminated plastic on it's front-facing side. "That used to be me. The glowing part. I guess I'll leave the glowing to lights and vending machines like you," she said before digging through her pockets and pulled out a 100 Ryo coin into the coin-slot. Her options lit up, telling her what she was able to get. The choices were many and the flavors were diverse. She had never drank soda pop before, and the thought of a nice, refreshing drink appeared in her head. The commercials and billboards she had seen made these drinks look splendid and blissfully delicious. She clicked the leading brand of soda and the sound of motors turning happened before a jamming sound could be heard.

Nozomi looked at the machine and clicked her drink a few more times. She looked around to see if there was someone who was able to help. There wasn't a soul in sight. She looked back at the fiendish machine and pressed the button again. A display upon the Vending Machine read "LOL" on it. Nozomi didn't know what that meant, but the accompanied electronic laughter was what tipped her over the edge. Nozomi reached behind her back, grabbing the pommel of her Spear of Destiny, a weapon covered in pure darkness instead of being bathed in beautiful and radiant light was pulled out and held firmly in both of her hands. "Thief! Rapscallion! Return my money or give me my beverage!" she shouted out before the display on the vending machine read "LOL" once more accompanied by the electronic laugh. "You've just made the biggest fucking mistake of your life." she stated to the reckless machine.

[Calling B-Mod on this stupid machine!]

Nozomi took a step forward and bonked the Vending Machine over the top; not enough to do any actual damage to the vending machine but to knock her drink loose. The machine displayed "nice try" causing Nozomi to lose even more patience with this machine. She raised the heavy spear up once again and BONK! The display now showed "cool story, bro", which caused her to stamp her foot.

"I'm not a bro, stupid machine!" she said as she pulled her spear back, ready for a super-bonk. She swung the flat of her spear downwards only for the Vending Machine to move out of the way, leaving after-images behind it. It's display changed from showing the drink-of-choice to that of the Sharingan. This caused Nozomi to recoil and gasp in horror. "Ye of cursed blood!" she said before sticking her sword into the ground and formed together handseals and held her hand down below her. The sound of crackling could be heard as black lightning appeared around her hand.

Instantly, the vending machine's sharingan changed to that of a waving white flag before dispensing several drinks out of the machine. Calming down, Nozomi shakes out her hand to brush off the built up electricity and removed her hat, gathered the drinks into her hat and smiled at the Vending Machine. The smile quickly turned into a suspicious scowl as she walked away, still tracking the demonic Vending Machine.

[Thanks for the mod!]

She started to make her way upstairs before the blade at her hip, the Starbringer Sword, started to glow a brilliant red-light from the hilt. The strange device that usually resided upon hilt turned into a red jewel with a black eye on it. The eye started to move around violently, causing the red glow to intensify. A loud roar could be heard in Nozomi's head coming from the blade along with any of those with monster blood/monster lineage. The Eye of Evil emanated a muffled roar, not equivalent to the one Nozomi hears, causing her to stumble and regain her composure. To shut the blade up, she opened up her bag of holding, unsheathed the blade, and placed it entirely into the Bag-of-Holding. The sound of a pissed-off cat could be heard inside the bag. "Damnit, Sakura! Stop crawling in there!" she said before closing the bag, causing the roaring to stop.

She took a moment to regain her composure, wiping the sweat from her brow. Gritting her teeth, she stood back up and brandished the Spear of Destiny before rushing up the stairs in a hurry. There were monsters present in the Torre Celeste. Using her agility, she jumped up the stairs before reaching the door, kicking it open. "Lady Yuii! Are you---" she said before lowering her weapon down to her side. There was Lady Yuii, Maikeru holding a baby, and a janitor that reeked of alcohol. Nozomi had a look of confusion for a moment and resheathed the massive blade. "You know, like. I thought there were monsters in here. Um, so, like, sorry about the doooooooor," she said as she still clutched her hat full of sodas to her chest.

"Hi, Lady Yuii.
Hi, Maikeru.
Hi, cute adowable baby!
Hi, drunk janitor guy that, like, looks totally out of place here," she said, waving to all of them, not picking up on the thick atmosphere that had been created due to the lovers' tension.

"Oh!" she said as she walked over towards Maikeru and the baby and gave them a bottle of soda each. She walked over to Yuii and gave her a bottle of soda. She also gave the one who reeked of alcohol a bottle of soda, leaving her with 2 bottles left. She cracked open her bottle of soda and took a quick swig. The taste of soda danced upon her tongue and she looked smitten with the drink. She looked at the bottle and nodded her head in approval. It was the first time she had tasted soda and now she's hooked. "Oh! Lady Yuii. Did you know the vending machine downstairs has a sharingan? I think we might want to get that checked out. It DOES sound like a job for a janitor, right? Oh, but he's like SUPER drunk. So he might not be able to do much."

OOC SECTION
:: Yes, the OOC bits about calling B-Mod and thanking the mod were bad jokes.. I know. Not actually calling B-Mod
:: Only those with monster blood or monster lineage can hear the muffled roar of a beast in their heads from the CRPJ [The Eye of Evil]. Once she put the blade away, the screaming stopped.
:: Oh, and topic entered

Hak

Yen
ASP
Deaths

</FONTFACE></COLOR>

It was almost the bewitching hour, and Hak found himself in a dark corridor with a flickering red light at the end. It was empty with iron doors filthy with flies and maggots. At first, it was silent, and then steadily he could hear the whispers of someone dear to him begging for help.

"Mommy?"

The child's bare feet slapped across the ground as he bolted towards the end of the corridor. No matter how fast or long he ran, the end of the hall never seemed to near. While running, one of the doors behind him creaked open, the sound startling the child much. Slowly turning his head behind him, there was nothing but blackness in the opening of the iron door. Two flickering orbs at the bottom of the door caught his attention as his eyes descended to the source. Two eyes covered in long strands of hairs stared back at him, before a creepy smile appeared on the shadows unseeing face.

It was a head without a body.

The child's scream came from a place of terror as if his body was rebelling against his existence - arriving into the world of reality that made no sense at all. It was primal. A raw intensity to it that told of urgency and desperate need.

The room was dark as tears burst forth like water shattering through a dam, spilling down the boy's face. Wrapping himself in his red blanket, he sobbed as he made his way out of the office, he had been resting in, the nightmare shaking him down to his very core. It was more than crying.; it was the kind of desolate sobbing that comes from a person desperate to feel safe.

He dragged himself into Yuii's office, sobbing uncontrollably, his right arm covering his face, attempting to control the river of tears streaming down his face.

"Yuii..." the boy brokenly pleaded to the Sennin, unable to form any explanation or words to his current condition.

His watering eyes looked around the room searching for Yuii, only to find a group of strangers inhabiting the office. Fear struck deep inside the child as he saw Maikeru, his fear of men causing a pressuring feeling inside his chest that made it difficult for the child to breath. Nozomi was another stranger though she didn't bother the child as much as Maikeru had, though he was shy and remained at a distance from the stranger.

At first, he couldn't make out the final guest; however, the child froze at the undeniable aroma that the janitor was wearing, the stench of alcohol.

At first, there was silence - misty haze upon the horizons of his mind. That's where his young mind kept everything, hidden in a black safe of horrible memories. That was until now, the stench of alcohol shattering the safe place in his mind as memories of his alcoholic father's abuse destroyed the young ones mind instantly. The grief of losing his mother was too much for him to bear as a torrent of tears flooded the child's face, a wailing of agony filled the office's already tense space.

</B><COLOR color="#ac7f37"><FONTFACE fontface="monospace"><B>"UME!!"<i></i>
The child screeched, searching for his only safe friend Umeko as he bawled his little heart out, shivering in terror of Kaji despite not knowing who he was. He squatted down enough and hid in the red blanket, screeching loudly inside the blanket as if someone were murdering him and this was his rallying cry for someone to aid him.

[Topic Entered]
<i>
</i>

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Well, this has turned into an absolute mess, Shashu pondered, taking in the scene while slowly chewing through a sapta nut. My drunken boss trying to get back with his wife, poorly timed innuendo, a public reaming, crying children, shirtless men, and some random girl attacking a vending machine downstairs with a screaming sword.

I love it.

With speed enough to make a glacier weep with envy, she carefully pulled out another nut and popped it into her mouth, timing the crunch as she bit down with the creaking of Yuii's chair. She'd been here an hour already, quietly observing as Yuii did her work and coached this Maikeru character in how to handle children. Creepy? Possibly. But Shashu was awful with kids, so it was technically like sitting in on a lecture that nobody knew you were attending. That's socially acceptable right? The fact that she had a report to hand in to Yuii privately and was awful with most forms of social contact had nothing to do with it. At all.

Now, one might ask how she could be standing here for an hour, chewing on noisy snacks, and not be noticed. The typical, plebian shinobi might assume she was using a jutsu, such as Active Camouflage, to hide her presence. A more studious shinobi might conjecture she was using Genjutsu to remove her presence from their minds. The reality, however, was much more elegant and refined.

She had simply mastered the ability of moving so slowly that she was imperceptible to the naked eye.

That, plus her covering the sounds of munching by timing them with other sounds, meant she was virtually undetectable. An advanced technique to be sure, but hardly outside the bounds of her abilities. It had been so successful, in fact, that she had gone the past year (or three? Time flows differently in Lordran, after all.) without interacting with anybody at all. Truly, this was an enlightened existence.

It was getting rather boring recently, as getting literally anywhere took ages and the muscle cramps were killer. She wasn't about to stop right now though; things were just getting good, and the mere thought of how awkward it would be if everybody suddenly noticed she was here was enough to break out in a cold sweat.

Just a bit longer couldn't hurt, right? she reasoned, slowly reaching for another nut.
[lb2][/lb2]

[MFT, 397]
[Topic Entered, in stealth?]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
</FONTFACE>
<FONTFACE fontface="georgia">The young shinobi handling the infant took Kaji’s belligerence surprisingly well— indeed, Maikeru showed commendable restraint, the kind that would likely pay off in his future.

“Yes, I’m drunk, what tipped you off?” Kaji countered Yuii’s assertion of the fact. Rightfully upset, she went on, dismantling the poor inspiration for their encounter, dismissing Saeko as the loose screw Kaji already knew her to be. But Kaji took the moment’s lecture as an opportunity and slank forward again, back to Yuii's desk and the bottle which was calling to him. “Wine?” He spat the accusation back with grunting laugh, “Wine could never burn this much going down, babe.” The desk became his seat again, and the bottle cap was twisted off. He choked down a sip of the booze, dedicated to having it all if she wouldn’t join him. It was certainly unlike him, then again so were his beet-red cheeks or his glassy-eyes which locked onto Yuii as she berated him. Kaji was heaving, catching his breath and wiping dribble on the sleeve by the time Yuii had built a sturdy defense from his amorous approach.

“Actually, I’m pretty sure the booze helps” he countered, shrugging. Sweating in his leather coat, he began to undress anxiously, and the sleeves were caught on his arms as he wiggled. Underneath was an off-white jersey with three undone buttons at the collar; it stuck to his hardened abdomen, defeating any dad bod mythos. “You could use some for real… Because this whole high and mighty Sennin act doesn’t sound like the Yuii I know.” Triumphant for the first and possibly the only time that night, Kaji slung his jacket onto the floor and turned back to his wife. He paused to catch his breath and spin the cap off his bottle once again, full of fervor.

His cheeks puffed at the assertion that he was treating her like some riff-raff whore— the sheer audacity of it all. “Hmph, I’ll show you an alley call girl” he uttered below his breath with some sass. “Make ‘em have to build you a wheelchair… have you rolling like Bran. Hmph! Acting like I don’t know what you like.” He could have kept with the drunken blustering, but he had beat around the bush long enough.

“I knew this was a mistake” he admitted in a huff, “but it’s what it took for me to try again—” he faced away from her, shunned, and the bottle barely in a low-hanging grip. “One of us has to try. Coming up here drunk was in poor taste, but— it beats us continuing to hide from each other like we don’t exist.” They were meant to be a pair but made quite a pitiful sight as strangers began to pour into the room like a strange audience, one noisy, one crying, and one eating very, very slowly.

Suddenly, Kaji felt pressed for time against walls of absurdity which closed in from all sides. He felt the need to hurriedly spill everything on his heart— that or his stomach, which was beginning to ache from the poisonous swill. “It’s like I’m stuck on that night,” he said, clutching his chest with one hand. “I tried to give you space, to understand. Maybe dragging you out of there was the right choice, but— I was guilt-ridden, I couldn't dare to watch you suffer and do nothing. I went back to the Sileo… like a moron.” He swept a hand over his flushed face, driving it upward to wipe the dew. “In the end, we failed to even find the assailant... It’s only by the favor if The Five that Ume survived.”

He arose and turned to face Yuii with one hand landing flat on the table with a pound, and the other set down the bottle of rum with a hard thump. “Our daughter deserves better than what I am when I’m without you, Blue. To me, you were compassion, you were the heart who kept a village of cutthroats on the straight and narrow. You were the wild girl with leaves in her hair that wasn’t scared to sleep under the stars with me. The first person to see me as a man and not some henchman ninja. Just being near you remade me; you saved me and I owe you my life for it.”

"You question what you mean to me. Your will bends me to it, and to be a part of your life I gave up everything. I abandoned The Leaf and watched it burn… Left Tatsuo, who is like a son to me without guidance, to raise our daughter. Exiled from the Land of Earth, my home, just to be your husband... All, only to be discarded into— what did you call it? My deep dark den of debauchery. I worshipped this ground you walked on and climbed the ranks of ANBU just to stand by your side and serve your village.”

“But I get it… This is real fulfillment. I was obviously just some itch for you to scratch.”​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back