Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

An Unlikely Visit III: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly [Private]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
</FONTFACE>
<FONTFACE fontface="georgia">The scent of extreme sanitation was always overwhelming in the Aesculapium. Chemical odors seemed to take the breath away, especially in a spotless bathroom freshly cleaned in the morning. It was enough to make Kaji Okada enter a coughing fit as he stood there facing a mirror with the sink running below. He cupped lukewarm water into his hands and splashed it onto his face, invigorating himself and wiping away signs of the long work night behind him. The priming seemed like a morning routine despite how out of place he was in a public restroom, squeezing eye drops and combing his hair while a disturbed medical ninja in scrubs passed by.
“Give me a break, I just got off work” urged Kaji, almost chasing the nervous medic into a stall. Indeed, another long night spent in the Sileo Tempestas left Kaji meeting a new day; a rising sun and a mandatory health screening scheduled for that morning.

All things considered, Kaji seemed perfectly healthy as he barged out of the men's restroom. He was an ideal specimen to be forty years of age; a lithe physique with good posture to be so tall and his shoulders squared like a boxer in the ring. Skin the color of autumn leaves in the wind had him standing apart, exotic as a rare earthborn man. The raven hair on his head was tied back in a loose knot with more hanging above his neckline. This matched the seasonal beard, tamed and trimmed along his jawline. A rather recent ass-chewing from his wife had left him tidying himself up a little more, looking more befitting of a Sennin, though he swore such things didn’t matter. Keeping with that sentiment, he wore a tired pale blue shirt with long sleeves rolled and a collar with three buttons, all undone. This was covered in part by a vintage tactical vest from the hidden stone in a faded canvas color. His long legs delivered him down the halls with a relaxed gait in midnight blue slacks, and espresso riding boots beat the tile without a sound.

In due time Kaji arrived at a reception desk in the general practice wing or something to that effect. One of the clerks gave him directions to the med-nin slated to see him. Some curious remarks from the clerk insisted that a shinobi of Kaji’s position would have the pick of the litter in esteemed chiefs to perform his heart scan, yet Kaji insisted on seeing someone by the name Rei Yamamoto specifically. Following their instructions, Sennin Okada took his stroll down the hall and to the left, where he found the office of one Rei Yamamoto. He made cursory glances around him as he went, looking sneaky for no particular reason. With a rapping on the door, he announced his arrival and entered her office.

“Buenos Dias, Chief Yamamoto,” he said, dipping into his native tongue and voice smooth yet strong like worked marble. His verdant emeraldine eyes were looking about full of curiosity before he locked onto who he believed to be the Chief. “I’m Sennin Okada— and I believe you were to see me this morning about the Uchiha Incident in the Specus last night.” Kaji was referring to a clash with a prisoner only hours before by the name of Anatsu Uchiha who attempted to vex Kaji with a dojutsu. However, as his medical record would state, this meeting wasn’t about his mind... No, this meeting would concern matters of the heart. Seeming a bit anxious, Kaji slipped off his vest and dropped it over a chair. He began untucking his shirt as well but stopped short, realizing that he was stripping in front of a stranger. “Ahem,” he said, pausing and closing the door behind him. “Do I need my shirt off for you to do the heart scan?” If she answered yes, he’d continue removing it and stand there looking like a meal; as cut as you’d expect a career swordsman in his prime to be, with many scars from battles nearly lost and a collection of tattoos and seals. Despite the beauty of the red and gold lizard pact dragon seal, or the mysterious cobalt seal of matrimony, it was the round curse seal over his heart which called for attention. The area around it was bruised as if he had been battered brutally.

-- Kaji Okada has entered the thread.
-- Requesting Yomi and Umashi.
-- This is a Private Thread.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tossing down her pen Yomi sighed as she looked up at the clock on the wall. Her husband would be here any second now because she never came home like she promised. They had a date planned as Asuka agreed to take all the kids to see Besito, with Sinny in tow. He only allowed agreed to let her go into to work in the first place because she begrudgingly agreed to the date.

It was his fault; she would tell herself this when he would eventually bring it up. She never kept to a schedule when it came to work, and he knew it; A usual occurrence when she did go into the office. It was the only place the woman could have dedicated time to do her research and ruminate on things that were more important than being her whatever he needed her to be at that specific time.

Maybe Yomi, wasn’t giving Umashi enough credit. Perhaps he would let her stay as long as she needed and not bring it up at all. Perhaps they would have a date in the office with a massive spread. A small smile creased her mouth at the idea. She remembered the last time something like that happened. In her mind, it was only out of duty and kindness that it happened that way for her before. Yomi that is Rei, was very good at telling herself all sorts of things lately. It was how she made it through most days.

Instinctively, she reached for the necklace around her neck and stroked the emeralds lightly before tucking it into her shirt while a knock at her door pulled her from her sweet thoughts from a time long since forgotten for most.

She did not recall having any appointments. Glancing over her appointment book which was noticeably empty. Picking it up she flipped through the pages, noticing a page or three missing, haphazardly torn from the spine of the book. Yomi closed her eyes in mild annoyance, knowing that one of her many children was probably the culprit.

The Medical Chief sat back in her chair as the ANBU Sennin started to undress. She stared with her hands folded in her lap, seemingly waiting for the moment when he would realize he was making assumptions about whatever procedure was going to get done because the woman never even reviewed his chart. But that’s not all she was thinking.

“Sennin Okada” Yomi began as her brown eyes met his. “It seems there was a mix up. My appointment book is empty.” She held it up for him to see before setting it lightly down on her desk. “So, I haven’t had a chance to look at your chart.” Her tone was soft and even as she glanced at the clock.

Raking her hair behind her ear, she reached down to her bottom desk drawer and pulled out three files. Two of them belonged to her research subject, and the other was his file. Tomi meant to have looked at this earlier but she never got around to it. Mostly, it slipped her mind because her appointment book was ravaged. Before perusing the file, she eyed the clock again before looking at the half dressed Sennin and got up from her chair, heading to the office door to lock it. She turned the knob to ensure it was secure.

“Oh, and yes you could leave your shirt off.”

Yomi’s office wasn’t supposed to be for actually seeing patients, but she had a hospital bed specifically moved here because of past incidences. It seemed wholly irresponsible for her not to have one based on experience.

“I know you have your duties to attend to so I don’t intend to keep you. I’m only really here because that's the process. If you were in too bad of a shape, they would have called me, or perhaps your fellow Sennin, in the first place.”

“First, you’re not here for a “heart scan” as they already did the routine test, according to your file. I’m just here to provide the test results." Yomi tossed the file on to her desk.

“The good news is you aren’t dying. The bad news is your seal is giving you irregular heartbeats which can lead to all manner of things. More good news is that you can be reasonably certain that a well-timed kunai to the eyeball would kill you first.” Yomi gave him a small smile before she continued.

“My advice is that you don’t activate your seal recklessly. You could pass out in the middle of it, confuse yourself, or otherwise be incapacitated.”

“Also, since you’re already undressed would you like me to heal that for you?” The doctor lazily waved some handseals for show, as she used a healing jutsu to heal the area, not waiting for him to say yes or no as she lightly placed her hand on his chest.

“Is that better?” The woman asked sincerely.

[Topic Entered]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Oh, is that your chick?"

Dressed down, relaxed in fact, Musashi wore simple grey colored slacks with a matching blazer opened to reveal an untucked white button up shirt that matched his all white sneakers. To be fair, he wouldn't normally dress like this, but it was date day and he was going to take Yomi . . . err, Rei, out on the town. As he walked through the halls of her place of work, he noted that others were already buzzing around for work and otherwise ignoring him. Though they'd long been in Kumo now, for quite a number of years in fact, he couldn't remember ever really noting how similar and yet how much alike the two medical systems were between Kumo and Konoha. He'd done his fair share of rounds, he'd patched up his fair share of patients but Kumo was a different beast entirely.

Here they documented every strain and every discovery. Whether it was a blue eyed Uchiha baby or a Hyuuga that suddenly grew a third eye. What other systems might have simply considered a "genetic thing" was noted and categorized. In a word, Kumo played no games, and like a well oiled machine, they always did their job. Which was what brought Musashi into his wife's area of work this day. Thankfully he was able to get out of working the night shift for the rest of his work week but if his wife took any longer then he'd probably just end up picking up the extra hours in order to occupy his mind (and not waste hours that he should have been sleeping through). Fortunately for him, Kaji had done him a solid and allowed him to switch up his shift without too much of an issue. What with so many ANBU, coincidentally he'd not had the opportunity to actually sit down face to face with Kaji. That was reserved for when somebody actually made it to full ANBU and Musashi was just a "smol AiT ninja".

Rounding the corner to his wife's office, a bit of pride added an extra pep in his step. Annoyed as he was, they were still dangerously in love and she'd probably make up for being late by making sure that they didn't skip his favorite desert, peaches n' cream! Just the thought of a brunch well spent was enough to get him salivating but he quickly changed his mind towards the thought of baseball in order to not appear too excited to see her. Getting up to her door, he stopped, fixed the goofy grin on his face and didn't knock before opening the door. The "pro" about being an Archsage was that one could just open doors as they pleased . . . even locked ones. The "con" was that one could open doors as they pleased, even locked ones.

Musashi probably should have observed the locked nature of the door. Yomi never locked doors unless it was super serious and super important. They hardly locked doors at home and they had too many kids both natural born and adopted running around their small sanctuary. Surely there would be no patients because the work day was over and . . . that hardly proved to be the case. What he found was his boss's boss, shirt off, sitting in front of his wife with her hand on his bare chest and in a very compromising position considering what she was wearing. What made it worse was that it was Kaji, supposedly his brother from another mother (despite the fact that they hadn't really truly connected in what could probably constitute the better part of a decade). Kaji probably didn't know that the woman before him was his former Kage's wife but that didn't make the pain any less severe.

Standing in the doorway, mouth agape, it was due to the lights on in the room that Musashi realized that he still had his shades on. Flipping them up didn't offer anymore comfort as he realized that there were just enough lights on from the ceiling to the medical instruments to perfectly light up ever toned muscle on Kaji's battle perfected body. The wind knocked out of his sails, Musashi took a deep breath as smile turned into a frown. Perhaps somewhere or another there was some lonely sap fetishsizing about a situation like this, where the big boss gets to one up his employee by sleeping with his wife. It didn't help that due to Musashi's background that the color of Kaji's skin didn't play a role in things either.

In another reality Musashi would have gone completely nuclear but Musashi wasn't the sort of non thinking idiot that didn't read the news headlines either. This was definitely some slick blue eyed devil sort of stuff but he'd give them both the benefit of the doubt, he'd had to do the same before with Tamashii after all. Besides, it wasn't as if Musashi was the type to attempt a retaliation strike with Yuii though . . . Nope. He'd not go there, instead, he'd let a level head rule the day.
"Well this is awkward but . . . I guess that's why doors exist." Smirking, he took off his shades and tucked them into his pocket. "Long time no see, eh?" He smiled at Kaji before turning to his wife. "I know we're ninja and all but . . . our reservations are for an hour from now and I don't want to be late." Indeed, this was the best way that things could play out, all things considered.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
</FONTFACE>
<FONTFACE fontface="georgia">Rei Yamamoto had keen perspicacity as she went through some files and quickly realized how irregular the appointment of Sennin Okada seemed. Kaji was surprised that she didn’t send him away at once, but revealing the faulty seal seemed to be enough to convince her of the authenticity in their meeting. So as Rei got to the particularities of the consultation Kaji followed suit and took a seat on the patient’s table. Rei’s analysis was to the point, asserting that Kaji’s curse seal was harming him. Closer inspection of the bruised area would reveal that the seal was a complex glyph comprised of maroon-colored ink; slightly faded by time like a tattoo. However, in addition to the seal and the bruised pectoralis major, there was a presence of another discoloration— scarring from another seal previously removed. Hoping she wouldn’t ask, Kaji didn’t mention the removed seal— instead, he was overtaken by the awkwardness of the Medical Chief preparing her healing jutsu.

“Ah, well I certainly won’t decline” replied Kaji as Rei offered him the magic of regenerative healing jutsu and advanced onto him. He tensed as a hand pulsing with a vivid green light of manifested chakra approached his bare skin, causing a tingle, which graduated into a burning sensation to the damaged muscle. You know, healing always looks relieving when you watch others receive it, but it's merely the look of mending that appears so comforting to the eye. The actual process of receiving such an aggressive form of healing was chaotic to the body and sent nerves firing off agonizing signals. Kaji winced, grit his teeth, and made the occasional grunt as the force of Rei’s chakra entered his chest in powerful waves. Once the light faded and the purple and blue bruising was gone, Rei backed away and Kaji was left rubbing the affected area, relieved that it was finished. For her to ask if it was better seemed like humility on Rei’s part, at least to Kaji who had a satisfied simper. “Well it doesn’t feel like there’s a dagger in my chest anymore, so yeah that was about as good as it gets. Certainly made all the finagling it took to set this up worth it, Lady Kaisenami.”

He knew he struck a chord and likely concern had Yomi not recalled who Kaji Okada was quite yet. They had never met in person, but through the leaf and Umashiashikabihikoji, they actually had bonds that might as well have been by blood. But, as if that didn’t make things tense enough, a sudden click in the door came as a surprise to perhaps them both. The mahogany door swung open, revealing none other than Umashi himself with perfect timing, looking cool but losing it the moment he read the room. He was quickly mouth agape as his eyes deceived the fuck out of him.

“There you are” replied Kaji with a bit of nerve as Umashi made light of how appalling the sight was, dismissing it as awkward. “I would say that this isn’t what it looks like, but it is— if I need healing, why would I bother with anyone else in the Hidden Cloud when there are a couple of Hokage just hanging around with empty schedules? Nevermind the fact that it was incredibly difficult to get you two in the same place at the same time.” Expecting that his scheming was wearing on the powerful couple quickly, Kaji did the least he could do and began slipping his shirt back on. “And aye, it’s been a long while— especially since you’ve been in the neighborhood for some time, mi amigos.”

Kaji hopped off of the patient’s bed, firstly to grab his vest, and second to be on his feet in case he had to duck a sudden haymaker for the awkward scene he finessed out of them. “I’m sorry Umashi, Yomi— this wasn’t supposed to look suspicious, it was just some discretion… A casual visit to my former Hokage would have defeated the point of you two going off the grid and taking on these Yamamoto identities.” As Kaji spoke his bold tone lessened to a quiet one, and he slipped around the room to close the door gently. “If I take up too much of your time just let me spot you for dinner and we’ll call it even. But... what the fuck guys?” He paused and simmered, looking between Umashi and Yomi long enough for them to maybe guess why he was mad.
“Some slack-jawed red-shirt told me you two were found on the road dead… It took some time, paranoid disbelief, and a lot of digging for me to find out otherwise. The worst part is that I found the truth even harder to swallow— that you two of all people had become defectors to Cloud.” Kaji’s expression soured into anger, and it seemed as if he might be the next to throw that sudden haymaker. “I mourned for you.”

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Audacity of Okada Kaji

In the back of her mind, the woman knew that locking the door was a paltry attempt at keeping her husband from entering the room, but she assumed he would at least knock. Her eyes closed in mild annoyance. She spent years avoiding this scenario, gently guiding the former Hokage towards a meeting with Kaji, and yet her soft nudges towards a less awkward situation fell on deaf ears. It was like Umashi wanted her to beat the choice into him.

Yomi scoffed, and took a step back from her fellow leaf-nin. Or were they even still considered that? Did it matter? Her hand lingered on his chest as she looked between the two men, waiting for a moment to interject into Kaji’s rightful diatribe. In truth, she wanted someone else to tell Umashi what they’ve been doing was stupid. She hated the farce, even if she knew why they needed to do it – why he needed to do it.

Although she felt something for Kaji and his finding out that his oldest friend had faked his death and had been living in the same country, but, was not actively hiding, just ducking and dodging him, Yomi would not let Kaji completely railroad her or husband in this way.

“If there’s anyone to blame about this, about your feelings, it is you, Kaji.” Yomi devolved back into her even cold tone. Her jokey tone about his diagnosis disappeared as she responded to her patient and sudden accuser.

“You knew better. You KNEW better and you let yourself believe that ridiculous lie. So, please, spare me.” It was a ridiculous story after all yet, with no bodies and no witnesses, it was easy enough to tell people who were none the wiser. As ANBU Sennin, the expectation was that he was the wiser. He was disappointing her. That disappointment was not what really bothered her though, it was what he said next. He could not have known how it would affect her. After all, they didn’t know each other. Her heart fluttered at the word and she almost became visibly ruffled at the accusation.

Defector…the audacity

The Raikage was extremely gracious in letting her and her family retire in Cloud. But the suggestion that she fled, was borderline sacrilege and he wouldn’t have uttered it if he knew what it meant. Or perhaps he would have, but, then well…at least they were already in a hospital.

“Okada Kaji, a pot calling the kettle black. Aren’t you here for love? A bit too idealistic for my tastes, but, my husband is a gracious man.” Yomi clasped her hands behind her back as she always did when she needed to steady herself.

“So, while you were here, having a good old time with your love...” Pausing, she almost couldn’t say the word love. It seemed so preposterous given all the things she had lost for it, and yet, here Kaji was pretending he was better than they were because he had the good fortune of being ignorant.

“We were home. We were HOME doing the work, but, we’re defectors because we chose a retirement plan that doesn’t meet your expectations? Last time I checked, you will never have the authority, in any capacity, to decide if what we did was not in the best interest of Konoha, because, you were not there. You. were. not. there.”

The woman looked at the clock on the wall and then to Umashi. She had no intention of explaining anything to anyone who would speak to her in such a way. There were many slights Yomi would take in the name of preserving what was worth preserving, but, right now, disrespect she could not handle.

“Next time you knock when you encounter a locked door of mine.” She made her way to her office door and attempted to exit.

“I’ll cancel the reservations. We can have a meal at home. Lock this door when you’re through with your little reunion.”

[TLUS]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Cause being who I am, I can't lose my cool . . . "

Something in the way of Kaji's smooth talking annoyed Musashi in the moment, almost as much as his wife moving her hand away from him a little too slow. Perhaps she was seeking validation, or Kaji's salsa game was just that on point but for a fact, this would be the last "la Vida Loca" that they'd both live if somebody didn't get to talking quick. Thankfully Kaji was the first one to attempt to talk and move things along. "I would say that this isn’t what it looks like, but it is—"

Definitely the wrong answer. What caused the record to scratch a second time was the fact that he didn't say the right thing first. Musashi was a calm man, a man of classy and dignity. He wouldn't just ever mush high ranking official just for the sake of getting his point across but Kaji was slick talking as ever and for the briefest of moments, Musashi lost his cool and took two steps forward. Instinctively clasping his hands together, his subconscious kicked in and kept him from completely causing a kerfuffle. Like as a way to keep his hands to himself, the easiest thing to do was to intertwine his fingers and lean back on the nearest piece of upholstery. Hate the player, not the game.

Kaji said his piece and more or less, Musashi respected that. While he did agree with Yo-Rei that he should have known better, the fact of the matter was that to anybody of his stature, he should have figured out that they didn't want to be found. Rei was getting upset though and the last thing that he needed was for her to invoke the rage gifted to her by her genetic donor of a male ancestor. The more Kaji spoke, the louder she got and the louder she got, the more demonstrative her movements became. From blank expressions of shock to exaggerated head tilting to very loud and very passionate hand clapping. Musashi was about to say something to interject when he saw Rei place her hands behind her back.

Nervously looking to Kaji, he made a move to attempt to step to Rei's side when she leveled an accusation that reverbrated around the room like an indiscriminate gunshot into a crowd.
“So, while you were here, having a good old time with your love...” Just the way that she said it, or rather, didn't say it, was all telling in more than one way. First it implied that it was no secret that Kaji's home life was . . . troubled, and secondly it implied that Rei knew exactly who, what, when, where and why. A woman could do many things to attack a mans pride, especially if she were a respected friend or in Musashi's case, a spouse. When such a woman, such a friend pointedly made a remark concerning things that could only be constituted as "pillow talk", said masculinity might as well pack up his manhood and hit the ground running.

Rei was right, some things were no secret to those in the know, but to say it . . . especially in front of Musashi who wasn't supposed to know but could probably equally tell. Musashi took a deep breath as Rei-Yomi blew down on both of the men, not even sparing Musa-Umashi from her wrath. She was pissed, she was hangry, and most of all, it was very clear to him that she was hurt. As she turned to leave, he had two decisions before him, one was to add fuel to the fire and keep the same energy that Yomi was putting off (and if he thought about it, he had enough things that he could bring up to match her passion) or he could be the sort of buffer that he'd always proved himself to be. One was better for his marriage at least for now, and one was better for their people . . . the real ones that they were trying to protect.

"Yomi . . . wait." Manipulating just a small measure of chakra, he reached out for her hand to stop her, and with barely a connecting touch, he had caught just the fringe of her ring finger and gave a gentle nudge for her to stay. Talking fast, he didn't waste any time as he recognized that at any moment, an intern or Medic in Training might walk just far enough down the hall to overhear them due to the door being open. "Look, we all got things to air out and maybe we all have cause for complaint, but let's not get the facts twisted, we're all here for the expressed purpose of keeping up appearances. Yomi, Kaji really didn't have a choice in being here. I kind of forced it on him to insure that we'd have a stable union between Konoha and Kumo. Thankfully he graciously went along with it."

Turning to Kaji, he shook his head at the man. "Kaji, you really should have known better, fam. I get it, nobody exactly likes the fact that Takeshi is the Hokage but the man won via democratic election. We respect those sorts of things. Trust me, I wasn't trying to be about that life but know that he darn for sure wasn't about to murder us in the streets, believe that. Things were faked concerning our rather brief exit but come on man . . . Use that third eye of yours!" Stopping just short to move and quickly close the door, he knew that if Yomi told him to move that eventually he would but for now, he'd broker peace. "Look, there's a whole lot of us ex-pats from the Fire Country here in Kumo and we're all here for one reason or another. As two former Kage and all three of us former Sennin of Konoha, we gotta hash this out for the culture, because if we don't, we're no better than the monsters that we escaped from."

OOC: Stopping Yomi from leaving.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
</FONTFACE>
<FONTFACE fontface="georgia">Emeraldine eyes narrowed into an incredulous glare as Kaji watched the Kaisenami couple treat the story of their demise as something preposterous. While they may have been formidable, no shinobi was untouchable if their foes came prepared. To Kaji, it was hubristic of Umashi and Yomi to fabricate such a story and take the disbelief of it for granted.

But before Kaji could let their reactions sink in, his prior accusation concerning defection had burned into Yomi like acid spittle. She was suddenly livid and moving for the door, a creature of emotion who took Kaji’s words like a repelling attack. Yomi had choice words of her own though and riled Kaji in turn as he bit his tongue in order to not bite back at her. Love: it was a word that held no meaning to Kaji Okada before his journey to the Hidden Cloud. But ever since— yes, it was a powerful thing to him; one that could build incredible loyalties and make them crumble in the same breath. Yomi had errantly spoken of his reckoning; the thing which left him standing before them so distraught about the home he had left behind in their care.

“Democratic election?” Kaji hardly let the words escape from below his breath through clenched teeth, utterly disgusted that the future had been stolen away by some popular vote. He knew Umashi to be a hero of sorts among their kin from the hidden stone— he who felled the Basilisk, which was the first time Kaji learned his name. There were very few shinobi Kaji Okada held tremendous respect for, and even less he knew to be a true Kage in every sense of the word, and yet…

“But you both let an Uchiha, of all the…” his fury was rising but he came to pause and took a few deep breaths. Sensibility took hold as he considered the shame they must have felt. It was a pang of guilt which ran the room with steep differences amongst the three of them. Attacking them would only ruin the intentions he had in setting up this impromptu gathering.
“Okay, okay, okay,” he said, pinching his brow. “Alright,” he added within a resigned sigh. “You know what... Neither of you owes me an explanation of what went wrong, or rather how, in the Leaf. I know that. Lord Ayumu has accepted you both as Cloud Shinobi now, and as one of his Sennin I will do the same.” With some formality to his tone and rigidity to his posture, Kaji dipped forward into a bow, honoring the duo he had lambasted only a moment prior.

“Please forgive my transgressions” added Kaji, formally apologizing. “I can be brash when my emotions fuel my intent. However, I did come here seeking an understanding of the past in order to better serve our people in the future. The two of you know better than anyone what led to the influx of shinobi seeking asylum from the Hidden Leaf. While picking a scab isn’t the intention, I’m ever curious just what kind of entity our ally to the south-west has become.” Perhaps then there was an inkling to a purpose for all his scheming, as Sennin Okada had come in order to gauge greater concerns. “This is a chat just between the three of us… off the record." As the subject grew in seriousness so the cold and calculating expression upon Sennin Okada. "Do you believe our allies in the Land of Fire a potential problem that we would be wise to address?”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back