Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Anbu 101 [Tutor]

Daijamitsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The classroom and outer corridor erupted into chaos.

From his position at the desk he procured, Daijamitsu could only turn his head and watch. He frowned at the seeming event taking place, the screaming and panic, the accusations of an attacker, and for a moment the Genin wondered if it was all another Genjutsu. Surely the dark world of the ANBU was wrought with secrets, misdirection, and pitfalls... so it was entirely possible this was orchestrated to test the mettle of the recruits. The best way to see how someone acted was to put them out of their comfort zone, or at least that's what Daijamitsu had heard from some instructors during his academy time.

Observe, wait, Daijamitsu thought to himself, as he made several handseals beneath the desk. He wanted to break any possible Genjutsu that might be active [Willpower], which he hoped was the case. I never thought recruitment for ANBU could be so... chaotic.

But truly, the Genin couldn't say what he had expected from the moment he walked in. There were so many possibilities and not enough information, which in itself could be a test, and after all was said and done there was no certainty. Perhaps nothing more true could be said about the ANBU. It was almost debilitating going through numerous scenarios and potential notions, up until the point that Daijamitsu decided that he had had enough...

"This is ridiculous," The Genin muttered to himself as he stood up and looked at the pair that came rushing into the classroom. The boy, Satoru, called out to Daijamitsu, asking what they should do in light of the ANBU attacking specific individuals. "Why would he be targeting you pair, specifically?"

Once again, with grim determination to see through the utter chaos and craziness of the situation, Daijamitsu held his handseals and tried to cancel [Willpower] whatever Genjutsu might be over the area. It was at this point that Daijamitsu saw the different colored Ren move to intercept the approaching - and seemingly furious and blood lusting - ANBU operative in the ivory mask. Were the two, Sora and Satoru, really what they seemed? What had they done?

Daijamitsu was about to prepare his own measures to try and bring the situation to a halt, but then saw the older recruit simply step aside. And considering the uncertainty of it all, and how little Daijamitsu knew personally of what was happening, he felt that a prudent reaction. Sometimes inaction was better than action without knowledge... so the pale Genin shook his head and sat down at the desk again, simply watching the scene unfold as it would.

[ MFT | WC: 435 ]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Surprisingly enough it was the timid Ren who would come to the rescue, or at least someone that looked like Ren, instead of the honor bound samurai or the young Daijamitsu. As the alter-Ren tended to Sora she would face the Anbu with courage and tenacity. “Aren’t you too busy teaching a class to satisfy your bloodlust?” The Anbu would pause momentarily as if taken aback by the brunt comment, as if he was not expecting this sort of response from the previously meek-like Ren. Cocking his head to the side the instructor would respond; "My my, quite the mouth on you... To answer your question, however. No! AH HAHAAHAHAA!" A crazed laugh escaped from under his mask and filled the room. Raising his sword high he would send it plummeting on top of the quick-to-defend Ren. The blade would make a -clang- sound as it met the defense of her puppet. With little warning a small projectile would shoot out and plunge its poison deep into the Anbu's veins.

-----

Currently with the real Ren and Hibiki...

Choking down the pills that Ren gave him he, still laying on the cold floor of the hallway in a puddle of red viscous liquid, would gaze endlessly up towards the ceiling. "T-Thank you... I'm not sure if I would have survived had you not rushed past him. I never would have thought someone as young," Hibiki would cough a few times, giving the implication that he was not long for this world despite Ren's impromptu treatment. "As young as you would be capable of so much. Do me one last favor...?" Pausing in an overly dramatic fashion Hibiki would lock eyes with Ren expectantly. It sounded for sure that he wasn't going to make it after all, would Ren grant him this one last request?

-----

Back inside the classroom...

The Anbu would stumble backwards, seemingly defeated. Legs trembling he would stagger to the side and catch himself on the chalkboard as he dropped his weapon suddenly. "W-Was that... Poison?! How... clever..." The Anbu would drop to his knees in defeat. Or so it may have seemed! Was it all too obvious? Perhaps so, Kaen was never really good at improvisation and the sorts, at least not in this sort of fashion. Weaving a few handseals together [Poison Extraction] and reach towards the spot where the projectile had hit him. A moment passed before the poison came exuding out of his body and amassing within the palm of the Anbu's hand where it hovered in place for a moment. Rising back to his feet the Anbu's hand would erupt in fire as he incinerated the poison while simultaneously extinguishing the flames in a closed fist. "Just kidding! Now... where were we?" In a flash the sword would be back in his hand and he would be poised to strike. When suddenly...

-----

Back with Ren!!!

Surely she would have accepted to granted him one last request, had she not he would have continued as if he misheard her as saying yes, or sure. A weak smile slowly spread across his face as he feebly reached into his pocket. He would remove a small envelope and give it to Ren. "Take this, but don't read it, yet. Now be a good girl and head on back to class. I'm sure by now the real Sora will be about done with the rest room." Surely this would have taken Ren by surprise. Given how she reacted so strongly by coming to his aid and simultaneously defending the two in class, she possibly was unaware of the inner workings of this grand scheme. To cement the obvious Hibiki's voice would change. "Go on now. Save the letter for when you get home. I'll see you in there." With a coy smile and a wink "Hibiki" would disappear in a poof of smoke. It had been a clone all this time...

-----

Back in class!!!

"I'm sorry, did I miss some sort of hands-on test or something? What is everyone doing, and why is there another me? Is this some sort of sick joke?" With arms folded and furrowed brows, it would seem Sora had returned from the restroom and walked in on quite the display of chaos and confusion. "What the heck?! How are you... why... who is..." Satoru quickly glanced back and forth from one Sora to the other. How, why, who indeed. "Ah well... I guess the jig is up. Should I?" The Sora being tended to by alter-Ren and Satoru would stand with a sudden voice change. The Anbu would sheathe his weapon and nod. "Yeah, it was fun while it lasted. I think I got everything I need." And then in a like-wise fashion the fake Sora would vanish in a plume of smoke, another clone... Hopefully by this time Ren would be arriving back to the classroom.

"Please, if everyone take their seats if you have found one." The instructor's tone would return to the previously calm and collected manner it was when they first arrived. Despite this Sora was not having this, and Satoru was still befuddled by the entire scheme. "What?!?! I don't think so, what kind of pervert imitates a little girl? I'm going to speak to your superior! Satoru, let's GO!" In a huff she would beckon her brother who would slowly walk towards the classroom door and turn back to Kaen. "Not cool man, not cool..." And with that they siblings were gone and only three remained. Kaen, the Anbu instructor would wait patiently for them to return to their seats before continuing. Once seated he would return to the front and center head of the classroom. "Welcome to Anbu 101. I do apologize for that little stunt, there were a number of things I was personally curious about." Pausing for a moment he would reach under his desk and open his bag and begin to set a number of items on the desk behind it just out of sight. "Seeing as how the Anbu is a closed group highly esteemed and known for their great deal of secrecy and top secret missions, this will be less of a class and more of me telling you what little you might already know. At the end there will be a small test I would like to run before I send you all on your way."

Lifting the bag bag up and placing it on the floor once more he would reveal the items to the remaining people who decided to stay. "Before we get started, for real this time, does anyone have any questions?" After all that it was quite possible someone had at least one question, but if not it was perfectly fine. There would always be time later should they come up with any. The items? Oh yes, I nearly forgot. Lined up in a neat row would be six different groups of items displayed on his desk. From left to right it would list as follows; three water balloons filled and tied together but some loose string, one kunai, one respirator, one smoke bomb, one bag of Makibishi Spikes, and finally a scroll.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The white haired Ren gave the Anbu a confused look as he pulls the poison out of his body. It was not that she did not understand what he was doing, but questioned his methods. Plexistim is an interesting poison as it targets a person’s chakra coil. Whenever someone attempts to access their chakra and make use of it, the person's chakra system violently react within their body, causing massive damage. Though the Anbu successfully remove the poison, he was using chakra to do it. It was like watching a dog chew off its own leg to get out of a trap. An antidote would be far more effective and she expected Anbu to carry some on hand, but apparently not. She just rubs her temple with a sigh, “Not the most prepared shinobi are we?”

Then the big reveal happens as we fine out everything was just another elaborate hoax, which cause Alter-Ren the sigh once more. “Clones,” she says in a way that it sounded like a curse word. This Ren was kicking herself for not seeing through the ruse. After seeing how the class began with a mass illusion she should have known. Unlike Daijamitsu who seem to see through the teacher’s tricks, she fell for it hook, line and sinker. “Should have used my Chakra Disruption,” she says under her breath. Chakra Disruption Bombs can interrupt some maintain jutsu with clones being one of them. She then goes to sit at her makeshift desk of teddy bears and wore an unhappy expression.

It seem this Ren was not the only one unamused with the teacher’s antics as the girl, Sora, throws a little tantrum and leaves. She looks straight at Kuroku as she expected him to follow suit. For his body language she could tell that he was not interested in this class from the beginning. She has a weird feeling that this man would rather be baking a pie right now. Alter-Ren also made note that two individuals never did return to the classroom. What happened to Hibiki and where was the Ren that went out the door? When the teacher asks them if they had any question she had only one at the moment. “Has anybody seen my hand puppet?” The White haired Ren makes an act to look around her desk.

Meanwhile in the hallway, as Sora storms down the hall she would come across an object laying on the ground. Approaching it she would see it was a white felt rabbit hand puppet. Sora would likely find the puppet familiar as it looks remarkably similar to the hand-puppet Ren had. Did she drop it? Should she go back and return it? There were some differences between the puppet she saw Ren wearing and the one here, but it is unlikely she would notice the irregularities: eyes close and lack of eye patch. Ren seem to care very much about the puppet, but what made it so special to Ren?

Should Sora try the puppet on she would find mystical powers flowing into her. With this puppet worn on her hand she could summon any tool, trap or poison with just a mere thought. A spiritual aura invisible to the naked eye would envelop her and with it she could just as easily create ethereal weapons. [Soul Regalia: Wondrous Item with Hidden Weapon] With these powers she would hear a voice into her head whispering to her. “Go back. Prove your worth to the Anbu.”

Kuroko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Things began to play out in an unexpected way, yet at the same time it all made sense. Truth be told, Kuroko wasn’t surprised, though he was now a little more interested in everything that was going on. The young girl everyone had thought to have been attacked, was in fact a clone. The Real Sora actually had gone to the restroom, and the aggressive loud mouth was just made in general. As for Hibiki? Kuroko didn’t have that part figured out yet, but surely, he wasn’t dead and if he were, he was probably a clone to. Then again, Satoru wasn’t a clone as far as Kuroko could tell. Maybe, Hibiki had just been in on it to. After all, all three of them were here before even Kuroko showed up.

Finishing doing what he was doing, Kuroko once again took his seat and folded his hands together. He wouldn’t appear to be lost in thought, but he was. Before he knew it, both Sora and Satoru appeared to be angry about the instructor impersonating the young girl and decided to leave shortly after calling the instructor a pervert and threatening to talk to his superior. Just watching everything play out, Kuroko stayed silent and watched. At this point, he was interested even though he knew there wasn’t going to be any pie. This class was to hectic, and there was no point getting his hopes up any longer. Still, he was the type of person to just continue no matter how stupid or out of placed it now seemed.

The instructor once again went to the front of the class, and welcomed them to “Anbu 101” once again and apologizing for the little act. He then explained that the Anbu were a closed ground of highly esteemed individuals known for their great deal of secrecy and the types of top-secret missions they embark upon. Until this point, Kuroko thought they were just basically a military force that kept the peace, defended the villages territories, and who kept prisoners in place. But it made since. Honestly, it calmed him down and made Kuroko realize he had jumped to conclusions. Even though it was deceitful, it was a necessary introduction. Still, it wasn’t Kuroko’s type of thing. But for now, he would relax a little and just seem how things played out.

Maybe he was in over his head, but Kuroko was never the type of person to admit that. Perhaps this would all walk him down a path that he didn’t care for. Who really knew. But suddenly, the instructor asked if there were any questions before they officially started. Raising his hand, and if acknowledged by the instructor, Kuroko would ask one simple question. One where he obviously knew the answer, but he had to ask just for the sake of a laugh. If the instructor had noticed what he had written on the board earlier, he’d have an idea on where Kuroko’s mind was going. ”So... there's no pie?” he asked, with a slight laugh.

Word count = 500+
Marked for Training

Daijamitsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The events that played out were chaotic, true, but eventually some sense was made. Kind of. While Daijamitsu understood the need for deception and secrecy within the ANBU, and he supposed the multitude of tests was designed to put pressure and force reaction from potential recruits. Whether any of them did well, or if there was even a way to tell, remained to be seen. What did happen, though, was a pair of shinobi who weren't quite suited to the situation left. Sora and Satoru didn't seem like a good fit for the ANBU anyway, considering the general overreactions and attitudes they exhibited... who was to say how they might be on an actual mission that was vital?

I would not appreciate being teamed up with them, Daijamitsu thought to himself as he watched the siblings leave. Both are liabilities.

In fact, Daijamitsu was a little uncomfortable with the fact both the siblings even knew he was present for potential ANBU recruiting. If they ended up telling a bunch of villagers about their ordeal, and the people involved or present, it could make being a secret operative a lot more difficult for the young Genin. Keeping ones identity hidden as an ANBU was integral to functioning within the organization, after all.

The same could be said for each recruit here, really, Daijamitsu continued to think, as the scene returned to something more akin to normal. If the old samurai or even Ren don't become ANBU, they still know I could be and visa versa... this is an interesting method of doing things it seems.

Nonetheless, the ivory masked ANBU stood at the front of the class again. He spoke about the means ANBU operated simply, giving more of an outline, without presenting specifics. It was a fair call, likely planned to allow anyone remaining to leave should they want to, without learning secrets that could endanger them by knowing. Of the group that was, three remained, and of those it seemed all were willing to go down the proverbial rabbit hole. When the ANBU asked if there were questions, Daijamitsu simply remained silent and continued to watch. The Genin took note of the items that came out of the bag, which had seemingly remained untouched throughout the scene prior, and began formulating possibilities for tests that could be conducted with those items in his mind.

Personality test? Or perhaps a rock-paper-scissors method? Maybe it's simply a distraction?

Daijamitsu looked back to the ANBU, his yellow eyes staring at the mask, almost as if trying to pierce the ivory cover to peer at the face behind. At this rate, the Genin was beginning to feel a level of frustration. The chance to join the ANBU was high on his shinobi life plan, and he wanted to begin the real process, without being held back by the chaff. But, if what the ANBU ahead said was true, then the real recruitment would begin shortly...

I am ready.

"No questions, no."

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Too enraged with the entirety of the class, and for the deceitful nature of the instructor, Sora would march on past the small hand puppet that laid on the floor. But her brother on the other hand would notice the conspicuous item curiously left behind. His sister Sora would not notice her brother lagging behind as he stopped to gaze down at it. In fact she would be halfway home before she finally calmed down enough to figure out she was alone. This fact reignited the anger within and she stomped the rest of the way home paying her brother no second thought. Satoru would crouch down and pick the puppet up and examined it once over, but not well enough to pick up on the details from the previous puppet. "What are you doing out here? Did that Ren girl drop you out here?" With a playful voice he would place it onto his weak hand and try his best to imitate Ren. "Look at me, I'm Ren and I still play with dolls" He would giggle to himself, as a 13 year old boy might as they made fun of a girl. But it would promptly change as the voice in his head whispered to him. “Go back. Prove your worth to the Anbu.”

With a sudden jerk Satoru would jump to his feet and confront... Nothing? "Who said that?!" To his surprise a ethereal blade formed in his strong hand ready to strike. "Woah! What the heck?!" In his surprise he dropped the weapon which clattered to the floor lightly and faded from existence. Looking to where the blade once laid and to his hand where the puppet was, and back to the ground again he pondered to himself. In one swift movement he would imagine what he was wanting to have happen and another ethereal weapon formed in his hand, a spear this time, and chucked it down the hall where it would impale itself into the wall. "Badass..." In his surreal amazement he forgot all about his sister and felt the strong inclination to return to class. While it may not have been who the intended target was, a fish was caught none the less. As he neared the door to the classroom he heard Alter-Ren's question. “Has anybody seen my hand puppet?” With haste he would remove the puppet from his hand and stuff it into his pocket. There was no way he was going to give up such a powerful weapon. If you could call it that. Either way he realized what it could do and aimed to make use of it somehow.

"I'm very sorry I---" Kaen stopped as he saw Satoru walk into the room. With a harsh tone he would question him. "Forget something?" A scowl formed on his face with his response. "No! I just decided I'm not gonna let that stupid trick deter me from my goals." The instructor would remain silent for a moment before waiving his hand towards the class. "Very well, have a seat." Satoru would quickly take his previous seat, avoiding eye contact with Alter-Ren the entire way. Turning his attention back towards the rest of the classroom he would continue. "As I was saying, Ren, I've not seen your puppet." But he was entirely confused however. How was she out there, but also in here? Did she have a twin and was pulling another fast one over him? For now he would have to press on and figure it out later. Turning his focus on Kuroko he would address a most pressing question. "The class is not yet over. As we like to do things in the Anbu, I would not rule out anything just quite yet."

Without any further questions he would turn around and pick up the piece of chalk and write a few things on the board. In a column type fashion he would write out, starting from the top, Main Branch, then Medical Branch, and finally Anbu Branch. Having left room between the categories , without turning back around towards the class, he would proceed to write some information out while speaking. "To start we will quickly graze over the other various branches within Sunagakure's structure. For starters we have the Main Branch." This is when he would write down the information. "This branch comprises the majority of Suna's forces. This particular group is the quintessential art equivalent of a number 2 pencil. While it has a wide range of uses, it's not particularly great at anything except maybe helping students learn." On the board under Main Branch Kaen would have written;

- Police Force
- Squad members/leaders
- Academy Teachers
- Babysitting the Wall

Turning and moving to the side to allow the class to see what he had written he would go on a bit more."The Main Branch is the default placement of all Genin after graduation from the academy. Those with a particular skill set above the average individual will be able to cut it among the other branch options, one being Medical Branch." He would then proceed to write out a few more things down under the Medical Branch section while speaking. This one he knew a significant amount about considering his own sister was recently given the esteemed title of Medical Chief. "The Medical Branch are the healers of the ninja world, known for incredible chakra control and their intuitive knowledge of various medical practices ranging from herbalism all the way to neuroscience." On the board under Medical Branch he would have written;

- Prosthetic limb creation
- Research and other science stuff
- Keep people alive
- Under staffed
- Hospital always on fire
- Ran by Shinku Kasen
- Gary

Moving to the side to allow the class to read the notes he would continue. "Those within this branch are of a certain caliber and should be respected as such. You never know when you will find yourself in a position to need their help, such as not dying. I find being nice to your doctor has all sorts of benefits. Unless it's Gary." Kaen has heard nothing but bad news about this Gary fellow. At his rate he was bound to find himself locked up, especially if Kaen had anything to do about it. Continuing the pattern he would begin to write some more while also talking, but this time under the category of Anbu. "As many of you might be well aware of considering you are all here today seeking more knowledge about the group, the Anbu are the elite of the Sunan military. Their skills ranging from covert espionage, sabotage, counter terrorism and defense, acquisition and extraction, and even up to assassination." This would be the sum of what he wrote on the board under Anbu Branch and would continue on after revealing it to the class. "The Anbu are known for being able to do most everything with the rare exception of saving life. We seem to be quite exception at doing the opposite. And besides, that's what the Med-nin are for anyway. The most common factor of the Anbu is their concealed identity. Not only is it dangerous for the individual to divulge their identity, but equally so for the village as a whole. Knowledge is power, and knowing who someone is means you know how to exploit them. Does anyone have any questions before we move on to a little game before we end today's class?" This was what the items were intended for, but they would learn about those shortly.

[OOC MFT]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
In truth this white haired Ren was actually Usagi. Through Beast-Human Clone Usagi was able to transform into a version of Ren. However Usagi still being the mischievous rabbit that she is would often use this to deceive people into thinking she is Ren. Usagi finds herself playing the role of caretaker to Ren. She comforts Ren when she is nervous, speak for her when she’s shy, protects her when she’s in danger, and praises her when she does a good job. She has vowed to defend Ren both physically and emotionally and she will not take this slight on her master’s honor.

[Flashback on Usagi’s origins. Feel free to skip]
(Not really important to the thread hence the spoiler, but wanted to share.)
Usagi has a rather unique backstory, which is no surprise with her being a living white rabbit hand puppet. It was Ren that brought her to life by following her adoptive father’s teachings. He taught her a way to separate a small piece of her soul and imbue it into an inanimate object. Rather odd that he would know such a technique as he was no journeyman. The reason for his knowledge in sealing souls into weapon stems from his bloodline. Her father was of the Nanjirou bloodline who are said to wield weapons that possess souls. What he taught her was a Nanjirou technique that has been passed down his family line.

However Usagi’s story does not start at the moment she came to life, but thirty years ago when this Nanjirou was a samurai to a merchant lord. His name was Lee and he was proud to serve under his lord. The lord he served was wealthy, generous and loved by the people. He was a man that shared his blessings even to the poorest of the village.

One night he holds a grand feast with delicious food, drink and especially dessert. He invites a dozen kids from the orphanage he pays for and have them dine with him. The diner came with players, singers and performers to entertain the little ones while they enjoy their meal. Lee stood watch has the youth enjoyed what was likely the best day of their lives. When the food was eaten and the show was over the kids were escorted away.

The lord retires to his study and sits in his personal chair while inviting Lee to sit with him. The lord pours himself some wine and pours Lee a glass as well. The two of them would partake a bottle talking casually to each other more like friends than boss and employee. Lee did love how his lord did not let his power go to his head. When they got half way through the bottle Lee notices a sound coming from the basement below.

Naturally he tells his lord not to worry and stay in the study as he looks into the matter. He ever so quietly opens the door, as not to alert those who might be down there, and descends the stairs. He gasps in horror of the site before him. There was a litter of hideous beasts roaming the basement and to make maters worst they noticed him. The fearsome creatures rushed at him with fangs and claws at the ready.

Lee draws is sword and leaps down the stairs and cleaves a monster from shoulder to leg in a single strike. He then process to take out eat of them one by one. Despite their scary appearance they were quite easily defeated: almost too easily slain in fact. After killing the twelfth and final monster, Lee then hears someone clapping from the steps and when he looks over he sees his lord descending. His lord gives a strangely sinister laugh which gave Lee the chills.

The illusion Lee was under fades and he notices a corpse of a boy at the bottom of the stairs. Looking around he would see the bodies of several children lying dead around him. One girl by his foot wore a white rabbit hand puppet now soaked in blood. Lee could not believe what he was witnessing. He bends down and picks up the puppet. It was real and he remembers this puppet. These were the orphans at the feast.

The lord was smiling from ear to ear and congratulates Lee for a most delightful show. Lee then screams in anguish and does what no samurai should ever do. Lee points his sword to his lord and stabs him straight through the lung. Lee watches as his lord slowly drowns in his own blood. The samurai then swears to never wield a sword ever again, leaves the village and eventually ends up in Sunagakure. He keep the hand puppet so that he would never forget the sins he has committed.

Being that Usagi did not had a soul at the time she of course had no memories of these events, but like any young child she asks about her origins. Sadly Lee tells her the grim tale and she somehow found strength in it. Usagi requests Lee to teach her the ways of the samurai so that she could protect her master like she failed to do many years ago. Through his teary eye Lee smiles and agrees.

Lee bestows to Usagi his old katana, which was now tainted and corrupt from the blood of his former lord. Though he vowed never to wield it, he could not simply abandon it and held onto this blade until now. He then begins to teach Usagi everything he knows. Day after day Usagi hold the sword and practices with it. Entering different styles passed down through the Nanjrou bloodline and preforming various techniques as well.

Alter-Ren (yes I’m going to keep calling her that while in this state) punches the shield that served as her makeshift desk after the teacher lists off what makes the Main Branch special. He put babysitting the wall on the bottom of the list. There was an assault on the wall not long ago by a rather large army of unbent. This event was quite well known and Ren’s part was not a small one. Those that were there might remember that she was ‘babysitting the wall’ as this man liked to call it. She was able to detect a dangerous and hidden enemy by doing this. She was able to prevent many casualties and yet this Anbu’s words made it sound to her like Ren did nothing important.

Alter-Ren would wait till the teacher was done before giving him a piece of her mind. When the teacher asks for question she stands up suddenly. “You have some BLOODY nerve!” Usagi uses a water whip jutsu to create a sword in her hand. With her new weapon she cuts her teddy desk in two: straight down the middle. “I stayed so that you could convince me to join your petty little gang, but I will not take this dishonor.” Alter-Ren seems to want to strike at the Anbu but she was hesitant. Without the real Ren she was at a disadvantage and it was pointless to start a fight one cannot hope to win. “Good Day sir!” Alter-Ren then storms out the door much like Sora and slams the door behind her.

There would be a window of opportunity for Satoru to do the right thing and hand back the hand puppet before Alter-Ren got out the door. Alter-Ren would just tell him to keep the darn thing. Just because she could not stand the teacher anymore, she was not going to ruin it for Ren. If Ren decides to join the Anbu by the end of this, she will stand by her decision. Though Alter-Ren sort of doubts it due to Ren’s shy nature does not really agree with the Anbu life style.

While Alter-Ren was marching down the hall grumbling to herself, she spots an origami crane sitting on a trash can. This was one of Ren’s little creations and if she place this little guy here, it means there is something here to find. Alter-Ren reaches into the trash can and pulls out a letter. Ren must have received this and hid it her for safe keepings. Alter-Ren opens the letter and laughs. It seems Ren has did enough to already prove herself to the teacher.

Meanwhile in the classroom, Ren would still be with Satoru in her puppet form. However due to the fact that he removed her from his hand, the soul regalia is no longer in effect. He would need to put her on again to receive her powers, though this time things will be different. Should he place back on the hand puppet she will cast soul regalia with Mythic Accessory. He would then hear a voice in his head “Uploading Jutsu.” He would then in second attain the knowledge of all the jutsu Ren has at her disposal. Though Ren was not sure if you can fry a person’s brain with too much knowledge at one time, but she never really tested it before.

[list of jutsu here]

Daijamitsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The classroom was still abuzz with happenings, despite most of the disruptive elements having left. Between the alternative appearance of Ren, the return of Satoru, and the concern for a puppet, things were slowed once more. While patience was a shinobi was a virtue, Daijamitsu was sure, there was also a need to take action and simply get it done. And right now, the young Genin really wanted to get to proving himself once and for all that he was suitable to serve within the ANBU. That said, something about the ANBU instructor seemed oddly familiar. Earlier, when he had acted with such aggression, it reminded the pale Genin of someone...

I wonder.

But, the thought was cut short, as it was finally time to begin learning more about the ANBU organization, as well as other areas also. The ivory masked ANBU gave a rundown of the different branches, as he listed each groups area of responsibility. Some were already known, granted, since a large portion of shinobi training was preparation for placement in the Academy, but some was still mildly surprising. For example, Daijamitsu had not been aware of the prosthetic limb department within the medical branch... that was surely a somewhat unique and difficult skill to master.

All that being, though, Daijamitsu felt he was still more comfortable within the ANBU branch. Not only was he suited to espionage and sneaking, but he could scout very well with the assistance of his snakes, and not to mention the group held certain 'opportunities' the Genin required. Daijamitsu was far from a simple child, he had far-reaching plans that involved sensitive knowledge or information, and he suspected that being in an ANBU position would yield far greater results for attaining what he needed. Besides, he had no skill in medical application beyond simple first aid, and he couldn't see himself patrolling the wall of the village day in and day out.

Around that time, the different Ren slammed a fist and sliced through her makeshift desk violently. Clearly something on the board had upset the girl, and she threw some angry words at the masked ANBU before storming out, slamming the door in her wake. The loud bang caused Daijamitsu to scowl, as he cast yellow eyes in Ren's wake, before he turned back to the front of the classroom and looked at the ANBU there...

"I have no questions, no," Daijamitsu said simply. "I am ready for your game."

It clearly wasn't just a game.

[ MTF | WC: 410 ]

Kuroko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“The class is not yet over. As we like to do things in the Anbu, I would not rule out anything just quite yet." With a slight laugh, Kuroko found himself getting more interested. He really didn’t expect any pie at this point, but the gag would keep on rolling from this day fourth. Without interrupting any further, Kuroko stayed silent and continued to watch things unfurl. The instructor picked up chalk and started writing on the chalk board. It was about the villages Main branch, Medical branch, and Anbu branch. Starting with the Main branch, he explained that it was the villages main force and began writing positions held throughout the village by its members.

Most of them were teachers or apart of the police force, but they also babysat the wall. ”I could baby sit the wall. That almost seems like stealing money.” He thought, as his right eye brow raised slightly. Kuroko didn’t have huge expectations for his life as a ‘Shinobi’ for the village. Sitting at the gates all day would be an easy buck and in the off chance someone tried some nonsense, he’d get to flex his skills and test his limits. Seemingly though, Kuroko was already a part of the main branch by default and never really knew. ”Really.... I could have just sat at the wall and got paid already.....” He thought, with some slight disappointment.

Next, the instructor began explaining that people who were a cut above the rest would have other options, like the Medical branch right before writing what their duties consisted of. Immediately, Kuroko know this branch had nothing to offer him. It seemed complicated and like it would take up too much of his spare time, on top of which, he really didn’t want to challenge himself in that way. Kuroko wasn’t a healer. Though the teacher made a point to explain why they should be respected, and it made sense. One day, everyone within this classroom would have to rely on one of them. Though, there was one named Gary who apparently wasn’t worth a damn. Not really thinking about it, Kuroko sat back and relaxed a little.

And then suddenly, the instructor began talking about the Anbu branch. "As many of you might be well aware of considering you are all here today seeking more knowledge about the group, the Anbu are the elite of the Sunan military. Their skills ranging from covert espionage, sabotage, counter terrorism and defense, acquisition and extraction, and even up to assassination." With those words, Kuroko rose his hand, but slowly lowered it. Right now wasn’t the moment to explain why he was here, or so he thought. It would probably save him a lot of headaches down the road, but he felt awkward. After all, Kuroko wasn’t here to learn about the Anbu branch. He was here to learn how to bake, and by proxy, eat pie whenever he wanted. Whispering under his breath “but pie....” he said to himself.

With that, he just found himself lost in thought as the teacher explained that they were basically the opposite of the Medical branch. Meaning they were spies, assassins, infiltrators, and the like. It seemed like hard word, and Kuroko wasn’t ready for anything like that. In fact, it was almost against his person beliefs.

Word count = 550+
Marked for training

[OOC: Sorry for the late reply. With the virus going around, Atlanta's gone to crap and I'm now engaged lol Been hectic and busy].

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"GOOD DAY SIR!"

An odd silence hung heavy in the air for a moment Kaen would even respond to that entire ordeal. "Uh... Moving on then!" And now there were 3, well 4 but Ren's Beast Clone transformation was something of a new oddity to him and had not picked up on switcheroo. In fact he wasn't entirely sure what he had done to upset the poor girl. Oh well. "Anyway, I'm sure you're all very curiuos as to what everything else was for today. The chaotic events that led up to this point where almost too ridiculous to have a purpose. But it did. Let me start with..." Pulling a small piece of paper out of nowhere he would continue. "Ah, well... I suppose I should explain everything before I move on to each of your own pros and cons."

Clearing his throat he would continue on with some word vomit regarding the events leading up till now. "The first test each of your respective mental fortitudes. Being so easily manipulated can lead to disastrous outcomes. Now for the table and desk task, this was to test each of your resourcefulness. Or at least it was after Kuroku broke the door back there. Originally I wanted to see how well each of your infiltration skills were, but like all Anbu are required to be able to do, we adapted to the situation." By this time Kaen had found himself pacing back and forth with one hand held behind his back while the other was being use to 'talk with his hands'. "The bag test was simply to check each of your obedience levels. Being able to follow direction can and will save your life in the field. And the whole... trying to murder a student thing was to see how each of you would react when a supposed ally turns out to be the enemy. Now then, let's start with Ren since she isn't here."

If this weren't happening in real time and not some forum based life Kaen might have felt inclined to apologize for the wall of text for the explanations. But it was exceedingly real and not some fake RP thing. And so he would continue. "Ren was able to detect the genjutsu, yet unable to dispel it. This was impressive in of itself given her age. The fact she was unable to dispel it simply means she needs more time, or training rather, to fend off these sorts of attacks. She proved incredibly resourceful with her out of the box thinking with her makeshift desk and chair. As for the bag ordeal she listened to directions along with cleverly discovering me when I thought I was well hidden. So not only does she listen, she's very perceptive as well. Now as for the crazy part, she was quick to rush in and offer aid to save a life despite the danger, and was equally quick to defend someone she didn't know even if the teacher was a fully fledged Anbu well above her skill-level. This showed a certain fearless trait the Anbu holds in esteem. Had she not stormed off so, she likely would have made a perfect candidate for the Anbu." She already had the note, his mind was already made.

"And now for Diajamitsu..." Kaen's ivory mask would turn to look in Daijamitsu's direction, a certain feeling of dread and heat seemed almost too familiar. But the feeling would quickly fade as Kaen continued to speak. "You impressed me with your resilience to my genjutsu. This alone puts you a step above the average shinobi, even those of Chuunin skill levels. Your method of attaining a seat was... clever, despite being questionable. But sometimes the Anbu have to be the bad guy for the greater good, so I also felt as if you succeeded. Furthermore you demonstrated exceptional observational skills along with obedience when given orders to not touch the bag. You were quick to discern my little tests, I think you could go far among the Anbu. There is but one issue near the end. Your lack of action in response to my act. Perhaps you were still convinced it was all just a test and it would be best to just let it run its course like the rest. But I can't fail you just for this. There was very little information prior, sometimes it's best to do nothing if you don't have all the facts. But then again if a life is on the line a decision will need to be made and you will need to live with the consequences."

"KUROKO!" Hoping to startle the samurai to attention he would continue. "I hope we're not daydreaming about pie... again." I suppose it's pretty difficult to tell when someone is joking with a mask on, oh well. "You fell for the genjutsu, enough said. Your method of extracting a desk and chair was not what I was hoping for, but it got the job done. You were quick to offer up ideas on how to get to my bag and then also did nothing when the bloody chaos ensued. You have much to think about, non-pie related. Though with some personal training I think even you could perform well among our ranks." He would then go on to point out Satoru's strengths and weaknesses as well. It would be short and brief.

Finally the instructor would pull out a twenty sided die and place it on an empty table near the front of the class. "I want each of you roll this die, this will determine the order in which you get to pick from the random assortment of items up front. Hmm... Satoru, why don't you go first. Everyone else form a line and wait your turn." Satoru would quickly jump from his seat and grab hold of the dice with a sneer. He was confident, he would claim first choice! And with a quiet clackle of the dice rolling it would finally stop. "A thirteen, that's not bad. Not great, but not bad. Next please." And so the remaining students would roll the die to see who would get to take what first for whatever strange game their instructor had concocted.

Daijamitsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daijamitsu sat back and listened, as the ANBU began discussing the potential recruits' collective pros and cons, having formed an opinion about their skills and abilities based on the testing done. It was interesting to hear the breakdown of Ren's involvement in the recruitment session, especially the mention of how she would otherwise have been a perfect candidate, because of her reaction to the instructor's perceived loss of control and attempt to harm the young shinobi. Daijamitsu would be happy to argue that leaping to the defense of others so readily would hinder an ANBU's capacity to act as an ANBU, due to the nature of their occupation outlined previously by the ANBU instructor... after all, one couldn't move and act in the shadows when they jumped out to rescue random people.

But now wasn't the time for semantics, he supposed.

When the ANBU turned to Daijamitsu directly, to assess him, there was a familiar aura sensation. It caused the boy's yellow eyes to narrow slightly, as he

The report, as it were, on Daijamitsu personally seemed to be a mixed bag. The young boy knew his mental faculties were more developed than most, and his resistances to Genjutsu were quite impressive by other standards, so he wasn't as surprised there. In the past he had been able to see through many of his peers' attempts at taking over his senses, much to their annoyance. Though to have it confirmed by an ANBU was a good boost to the Genin's self opinion. The seat acquisition had seemed straightforward and logical to Daijamitsu, based on several factors, so he was a little surprised when it was considered a questionable act... but, then again, perhaps the boy didn't think and act like most people, which could be said about everyone really. The bag test was also simple, there had been no temptation to look inside at all.

I am hopeful to pass this testing, Daijamitsu thought to himself as he nodded toward the ivory masked ANBU. Though that last scenario with Sora is concerning...

And true enough, that seemed to be where the ANBU had concerns with Daijamitsu's actions - or lack thereof. And again, the Genin felt it ironic that he was judged on his want to avoid getting involved in a rescue attempt of a random shinobi, even if it had been a clone situation, when the outline for the ANBU as an organization from the ANBU instructor's own mouth aligned against such reactions. Daijamitsu decided to speak up, after his evaluation, to clarify:

"I would request a chance to clarify," Daijamitsu said to the masked ANBU in front of the class, the boy's yellow eyes unwavering. "My decision to not act was based on the explained methods of the ANBU under typical conditions. My mission was not to rescue Sora, it was to find a seat and desk. Saving her was not connected to my mission either directly or indirectly, so I felt it would do little more than needlessly lead me off mission. And, I also believed Ren to have the situation under control, so by removing myself I avoided adding confusion or hindering efforts in an already chaotic situation."

Whether that was what the ANBU wanted to hear, or not, didn't matter to Daijamitsu so much as the explanation. The Genin felt he had made a good decision, especially since he felt the ANBU didn't need necessarily 'heroic traits', and with previous knowledge of Ren's skills. But that ultimately wasn't for the Genin to decide, and if the ANBU felt it had been the wrong decision, so be it. But the report continued for Kuroko, and it seemed his breakdown wasn't ideal, and seemed heavily focused on attaining pie...

Strange.

When it was time to roll the die, Daijamitsu did so when it was his turn, before he stepped back and awaited the next instructions...

[ MFT | WC: 639 ]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It wasn't surprising to have one or more of the students question his assessment, he encouraged it actually. Challenge everything, be sure of yourself and the world around you. Have the unwavering determination to seek the truth in all things. But it's rarely so pure and most certainly never simple. One's own definitions of the truth can cause it to warp and bend. Daijamitsu was the first to propose a question, or an opinion of sorts.

"I would request a chance to clarify," Daijamitsu said to the masked ANBU in front of the class, the boy's yellow eyes unwavering. "My decision to not act was based on the explained methods of the ANBU under typical conditions. My mission was not to rescue Sora, it was to find a seat and desk. Saving her was not connected to my mission either directly or indirectly, so I felt it would do little more than needlessly lead me off mission. And, I also believed Ren to have the situation under control, so by removing myself I avoided adding confusion or hindering efforts in an already chaotic situation."

With respect he would carefully listen to the young boy, he made some fair points, Kaen could admit that. But the exact purpose behind it wasn't so... constrictive or narrow minded-ly focused. Hopefully he would be able to shed some light on the situation to make him feel more at ease with Kaen's personal opinion on the matter. "I can see where you would think that. And of course if you were in an actual mission setting I would advise the same method of thinking. However..." Kaen would pause a moment as he thought how best to explain this. With the words now in mind he would continue; "This was not a mission, there were no set parameters for that exercise. It had less to do with being an Anbu and more about how to respond to corruption among our own ranks." Yes, I think we're on the right track now. "There will come a time, because there's always someone that eventually comes along, where you will have to oppose someone you thought to be friend. This was more of a personal test for my own data. If I'm to be in charge of recruitment I want to know that I'm training up someone who's going to protect Sungakure over personal relationships." This was... difficult to say out loud. A bitter taste in his mouth was left after his explanation. He personally knew that there was almost always someone in an individual's life that could tempt them away from duty. Love was a strange, and very powerful thing. Even for him, if it came between choosing between Kasen and Sunagakure... the choice was all too obvious for him. Alas he was given orders to recruit, he should at least do his best to choose correctly.

"I hope that clarifies some things for you, Daijamitsu. Now please roll your dice." Daijamitsu would then roll the dice with another light clackling sound. "Oh, how fortunate. Eighteen! You may pick first." He would then step aside to allow Daijamitsu to make his choice. Then Satoru would follow with Kuroko choosing last.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Back during the chaos the fake Sora ran into the room and when straight to a far corner to cower. This is where Alter-Ren treated her and defended her with her puppet. When the crazed instructor attacked he knocks the puppet a few feet away. In fact the little doll landed right in front of the supply
images.jpg
closet and was still there when Alter-Ren stormed out. The real Ren takes advantage of this by taking control of the puppet with a little taijutsu that lets her manipulate the doll without the use of strings. While everyone was paying attention to the teacher, this little fella was stealthily crawling into the closet. Soon after the teacher makes his assessment of everyone, a voice would emanate from the supply closet. “And what about me?”

Walking out of the closet was someone that the teacher was probably not expecting to see. Hibiki strolls out of the closet and sits in his desk. Thankfully only Ren and the teacher would be aware that Hibiki never really existed. So he would know that’s an imposter, but would he call Hibiki out on it. Ren’s guess is that he would allow it, but be confused as all hell as to who it really is. “I called that Sora was faking and knew there's no way someone from the Anbu would do such a thing.” These were things he said before he was brutally attacked. Hibiki places his hand on his chest around the area he was stabbed. “May I also ask if it was really necessary to attack me like that? If that was the real me instead of a clone, I think I would have died.” After Daijumistu does his roll Hibiki would give it a shot. Eighteen would be hard to beat but it is not impossible.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As this new Hibiki emerged from the closet, which was previously broken and locked shut due to Kuroko's method of entry, the pieces are now coming together for the Anbu instructor. Ren was far more advanced in the ways of puppetry than he first anticipated. He had even now started to suspect the other Ren that had stormed out wasn't even actually Ren. It did make sense given the different hair colors, I suppose that should have been a dead give a way. Had he noticed sooner this charade might not have gone on this long. But Kaen had an app for that.

"I think I would have died."

Suddenly!!! [Using Black Eruption (Mastered) via Jutsu Expansion with Affinity Move 'Focus' in conjunction with Chimera Implant "Particle Disruption" targeting the fake Hibiki]

The atmosphere and natural ambient light in the room seemed to get sucked in and pulled into the instructor's vicinity. After a brief moment of silence a plethora of snake like tendrils of pitch black substance, like the absence of light, and shot out towards the puppet. Many tendrils zigged and zagged across the floor and desks as they homed in on the helpless Hibiki. In quick succession the tendrils would find their mark regardless of how talented Ren's skills were. She was just a Genin, afterall. Now, after being struck, the clone illusion would be felled and a wooden puppet remained impaled upon many dark spears. Releasing the jutsu, being sure that it was over with, the light slowly spread out and filled the room once more. Clearing his throat he would address the class as a whole.

"Let this be a lesson to you all. It would be well advised to not interrupt me in such a manner while I am instructing or training. I can personally guarantee that your career as an Anbu would be over just as quickly as that clone's life was." Turning his attention back to Daijamitsu he would attempt to keep the class moving forward. "Please make your choice, Daijamitsu. After you will be Satoru, and then Koroko." Hopefully this would be the last of the random outbreaks of chaos for this class. He was hoping to be finished quickly. He has many other important duties to attend to before he can rest.

Last edited:

Daijamitsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daijamitsu heard what the ANBU said, and he understood. The Genin tried to avoid letting his pride hinder his growth, and was satisfied that his decision would have been the right one in any other mission-specific circumstance. When the pale shinobi was about to stand and select one of the arrayed items, his movement was cut short by the sudden arrival of Hibiki from the closet at the back of the room. Daijamitsu was a little confused, having heard the ANBU instructor mention how things would resume to normalcy, but for whatever reason another instance of potential disruption began... right up until it was dealt with, rather blatantly and effectively, by the ANBU himself.

The Jutsu performed was new to Daijamitsu, but it immediately drew his interest. The capacity to attack at range with darkness held many opportunities, especially for someone who existed within an black operations organization. With luck that skill - and others like it, suitable for ANBU operations - would be taught to Daijamitsu, which sent a jolt of excitement through his thin body. If it was one thing Daijamitsu liked, it was studying and learning specialized techniques...

I feel the ANBU would suit me, Daijamitsu thought to himself as he stood. And if not, I can always attempt to achieve my goals through other means. But first...

Daijamitsu walked over to the ANBU, as he looked at the items for selection. There were three water balloons filled and tied together by some loose string, one kunai, one respirator, one smoke bomb, one bag of Makibishi Spikes, and finally a scroll. Every instinct told the pale Genin to select the scroll, but he also couldn't deny that of all the items available, the respirator seemed the most outlandish. The other items were pretty standard for a shinobi kit, but the respirator was somewhat unique, and were the final game to involve trickery, perhaps the breathing equipment would provide an underlying general usefulness to most situations.

"I select the respirator," Daijamitsu said simply as he pointed. He stepped forward and picked it up, before he started back to his procured desk. "Thank you."

Daijamitsu sat back down and waited for more to be revealed, with both selections by others and the rules of what was to come...

[ MTF | WC: 374 ]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Satoru would waste no time by jumping up and trodding on down to the instructor's desk. He knew the whole time which item he would get. "I'm taking the water balloons!" He had a plan already devising inside as how to properly use these to his advantage. Or at least he did. He had no idea what this 'game' even was, if it even really was a game to begin with. As Satoru walked back towards his desk he would pass by Kuroko. "You're up, samurai boy. Don't get too excited though, there's no pie sitting up there." With a sneer he would wink and then laugh as he took his seat. Though the term boy was ill fitting given that Kuroko was a few years older than himself. But as he said, it was indeed Kuroko's turn. Now only a kunai, a smoke bomb, some makibishi spikes and a scroll which held something unknown. What would the honorable samurai choose?

Kuroko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Grinning as he listened to the instructor criticize them, Kuroko just relaxed. He hadn’t done anything during the little incident that happened gone on because, after a certain point he stopped caring and figured it was all a ruse anyway. ”If you noticed, I left the room to give chase. After everything played out, I stepped aside and didn’t do anything for a reason. I recognized the tests, and when you walked passed me without doing anything, I pretty much knew the chaos wasn’t real.” He stated, in reply to the instructor. Kuroko was very untrusting at this point, and his attitude seemed to have changed slightly. Almost as if he were now taking a more serious approach to this class. Still, he didn’t care for it. He wasn’t day dreaming about pie, it’s just that he had been suckered into a class that wasn’t what it was supposed to be.

His intentions were not to learn about the branches, just how to bake. Keeping his mouth shut, he listened as the instructor continued to give more instructions. He wanted them to roll dice and apparently, depending on what someone rolled, it would determine their picking order. Watching one of them roll a thirteen, he patiently waited for the seat thief to take his turn. Kuroko wasn’t in a hurry, and would much rather pick last anyway. For him, this wasn’t important at all. Either he would overcome any task that came he was, or he wouldn’t. He felt no shame, not sense of importance regarding the matter.
However, as he listened to the other classmates talk, it would seem they had some objectifications about his analyst as well. Daijamitsu talked about how he was only following orders, and clarified that he was simply doing that. With silence, Kuroko just continued to watch and see if he could catch a hint of anything else going down. He was alert, though only because he knew that there wasn’t any pie, and today was just about illusions, deceit, and tests. After Daijamitsu rolled an eighteen, Kuroko stood up. As if it were his turn, but then Hibiki reappeared.

A puzzled look would cross Kuroko’s face. Apparently he had hidden the entire time, and then decided to take the initiative to go ahead and try and roll the dice. ” Doesn’t seem right... The kid seemed dim when we spoke...” He thought, while stepping out of the way. Then once again, all hell broke loose. The instructor attacked, once again. With one eye closed, and the other wide opened, Kuroko watched as black tendrils shot across the classroom, and punctured Hibiki. Once again, the Hibiki would seemingly disappear, but this time leaving a puppet in his place. ”Ren?” He thought, seeing as how she was the only person he had ever met that used such tools. After that, the instructor continued one as if nothing had just happened, other than a brief warning and a sudden declaration on the picking order.

Still standing, Kuroko nodded and waited. Watching as the two others in front of him picked their items, Kuroko made note of Daijimetsu picking a respirator and the other the water balloons. Now, it was his turn – The Respirator didn’t matter to him, since he already had one and the water balloons seemed a little childish. Unless they were filled with oil, Kuroko couldn’t justify why anyone would pick them. Approaching, he spoke. ”The Spikes.” He said, as he grabbed the bag and headed back to his seat. Kuroko didn’t have to give it much thought.

Word count = 500+
Marked for Training

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
All had made their choices, Daijamitsu with the respirator, Satoru with the water balloons, and finally Kuroko with the spikes. "Excellent choices," Kaen started as he proceeded to collect the items un-chosen and packed them away into his bag. "These items will be the only thing you are allowed to utilize in the game to come." With the items properly stored and put under the desk once more he would gesture towards the door. "Please make your way outside to the training grounds where I have set up the final test." While he did say it was a game, in reality it was another test. He saw no reason to keep masking these things as something other than a test, this group was far to perceptive. That and he had basically garnered there distrust in regards to his charades.

Kaen would be first to exit the room, in an unnecessary fashion that most people of Jounin level do, with a poof of smoke. He would be awaiting their arrive outside. The silver moon already cresting the night sky giving notion to the late hour. No light permeated the area save various torches Kaen had lit around the area to provide some sort of illumination. Near where he was waiting a raised platform had been temporarily erected in preparation for this class. It was large, in size, and appeared to span about 50 feet in each direction. A near perfect square in terms of dimensions. The floor was raised about a foot high. At first glance it might have appeared harmless, but Kaen knew a guy who just happened to be among the Journeyman. It fetched him a pretty penny to procure, but it was well worth it in the end. What price could one put on the future of Sunagakure and the elite Anbu that protected it? In the center was another raised platform, a pillar if you will. Placed at the center of this construction was a single Kunai embedded into the wood.

Once all three remaining participants had made it outside he would explain the rules of his game. "As you can plainly see we have an arena for the game to be played upon. At the center of the ring is a three foot column, and at the top is a Kunai. The goal of this game is to retrieve the Kunai." This seemed simple enough, but like everything else that had transpired it was anything but. This time, however, Kaen would unveil all obscurities concerning the task at hand, they would need the help. "This arena was custom built by a local Journeyman, and thus it houses a number of devious traps and ploys to hinder your advances. Additionally there will be a special barrier surrounding the kunai in the center. This barrier will keep any living thing from entering, as well as anything you have on. You are to find a way to remove the kunai and return it to me. The first one to bring it to me will receive a special prize."

Kaen would then weave numerous hand signs and then place his hand upon the stage to bring it to life. Whirring mechanisms and cogs could be heard audibly, low thrumming noises filled the air with tension as power could be both heard and felt stirring to life within this contraption. "I should also note that it is possible to bring the barrier down by means of ninjutsu, but that will also activate a trap. Regardless if you choose to go this route, a trap will be set off every 10 seconds." With a coy smile he would give them a way out. "You of course are not required to participate, this is merely for fun, as well as gathering further data on each of you. You are free to leave should you not wish to join, still passing my class of course."

Gesturing towards the arena he would give the signal to start while gesturing towards the arena. "You are all free to start as you please, no traps will be triggered until someone actually sets foot on there. Be warned, however, the likelihood of bodily injury is significant, and you are not able to step off the arena unless you audibly confirm that you concede. Oh and one more thing. You are not allowed to use any weapons, only your own chakra and the item(s) you chose. Have fun!" This is where the fun begins. Nothing gets him more excited than some combat like experience. This would surely cause them to utilize their critical thinking minds on how exactly to get the kunai.

"00000000"

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Without warning Kaen's radio would buzz to life causing him to jump in surprise. Not out of fright, but simply because he thought he had turned it off for the duration of the class. Composing himself while lifting a closed fist to where his mouth hole would have been had it not been for the mast. A light cough, clearing of the throat, he would put the class on pause for a moment. "Excuse me for just a minute, class. It seems something cannot wait." Turning and heading just outside the door he would respond to his headset call. He was close enough that they could still hear him, yet they were unable to make out what was being said to him. "Interim Captain Ruin here, go ahead... I'm sorry?... What do you mean, is there nobody else?... For the love of Suna, fine fine, I'm on my way." Grumbling something under his breath he would walk over the arena and shut it down with a few hand signs. "My apologies, class, but there are dire matters I must attend to. I'm afraid we will need to cut this class short today, but I hope you all learned something today. Each of you will find a letter in your bags/pockets, see to it that it's read carefully and don't lose it. You're excused." Reaching into his bag he would pull out the scroll that was previously available to be chosen. "Kuroko, you should take this with you too." After tossing the scroll to Kuroko the Anbu would vanish in a poof of smoke, on to the next task at hand.

[OOC topic completed/left --- due to a number of factors I am ending the tutor here. We've met the post and word count requirement, everyone passes. Inside the spoiler below you can read what is in the letter. And the scroll, Kuroko, summons three pies of your choosing, enjoy]

"If you have received this letter then you have been selected as a prime candidate for entry into the Anbu Corps as a trainee. Appear in person on this date in the Undersea. The exact undisclosed location will only be accessible on this exact date. Use the tools provided to find your way, don't get lost. "

The bottom half of the page would double as a summoning scroll with a small note that read. "P.S. - Don't open until the mentioned date above, at dawn. "

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back