Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[ANBU Class] Counter-Espionage: Repelling Creeps

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:
Students, Genin, AiT, ANBU, and really anyone are welcome to attend this class.

Rin paced the front of the room. This was a subject she had never taught before. In fact, the Corps had not focused on more subtle forms of enemy espionage in some time, yet intelligence suggested that hardening personnel against competitors and detractors was an absolute necessity in this new age. To that end, the ANBU Sennin had sat down and developed a curriculum for a one day bull's rush through hot topics on anti-spycraft...
Written on the Blackboard said:
FUCK SPAIS

Everything You Need to Repel Creeps Without Even Trying

• Social Engineering
  • Resisting Seduction
  • Destroying Documents
  • Lock Your Damn Doors
  • Arm the Damn Traps
  • Due Diligence
  • The Numbers Game

She had a stack of white cards turned face down on the old metal desk at the front of the room. The classroom was filled with chairs, but no desks. Nothing anyone could write down would help them with what was, essentially, a social challenge. Today's course would be a little... Different.

Rin had prepared herself by dressing in a black suit with a red cravat. The western styles were dashing, but the women's equivalents were always somewhat lacking. Why not do something a bit different, for a change?

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He approached the room from the far hall slowly, hesitation shown through his speed and the ruffling sound of his backpack. Since the medical sennin informed the chief of all three of his newest groups to the medical field, the Sentou Henkan, The Harvesters, and The Youritsu, Daisuke anticipated that he would have to train for a group specifically at a certain point in time. When the sennin posed the question to him, Daisuke replied that he wanted to apply to all three groups and dabble in each group’s mission affairs.

What a fool he was to hold and even announce such a desire to his sennin without been fully prepared for the consequences that would surely follow. He took a deep breathe as he entered the classroom and introduced his self saying as he bowed, “Hello, I’m Kaguya Daisuke. A chief of the medical branch. It’s an honor to meet you. I hope you’ve had a great day thus far?”. He then observed his surroundings with a quickly look to the left and right direction in the room.

Almost immediately, Daisuke noticed a few things out of the ordinary. Profanity on the board, the topics which would be discussed, the lack of desks to write on, the instructor’s foreign influenced outfit that gave Daisuke a mix of feelings, and the fact that a worry-wart like him somehow managed to seem content with the environment he just entered.

He went on to take a seat and placed his backpack on the floor near the side of his chair, then gave a smile towards the instructor and said, “So, I won’t lie. I’m a little curious about the lack of desks, but I’m ready to learn regardless. I understand this isn’t a normal kind of class and how my performance here could be a stepping stone on the path to dabbling with the Sentou Henkan group. I just want to ensure you of my dedication to learning what you have to offer and that I appreciate the opportunity.” As usual, he was placing too much pressure on his self for a rudimentary class, believing this class alone would decide his future or lack thereof with the Sentou Henkan.

Umikae Aori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aori munched on his dango as he walked towards the classroom. Conter-Espionage... the boy said to himself. I wonder how the class would be like?. It would be the first ANBU related subject that Aori would approach and he was kinda anxious about it. He had always looked at the ANBU with both respect and intrigue (and a little bit of fear too).

Arriving at the door, he finished his meal and threw his dango stick to the closest garbage bin.
"Hello. Umikae Aori here for the Conter-Espionage class." As he finished his sentence, he noticed a familiar face in the classroom. He also noticed how there were no tables in the classroom, only rows of chairs one after the other.
"We aren{t going to be playing musical chairs are we?" said the young student in a jonkingly tone and with a smile on his face.

He approached Daisuke and extended his hand: "Hello Daisuke-san, its nice to see you. I don't see Hoshi-san around, is he in a different class?"

Taking a seat in the first row, Aori waited impatiently for the class to begin.

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aori, a promising student Daisuke attended class with previously, had entered the classroom a minute or two after he sat down and made a joke before asking about Daisuke's companion. Immediately, he shook Aori’s hand, but answered his question with hesitation in his voice as it wasn't a subject he wanted to discuss at that time. “He’s actually visiting his family right now. I’m not sure exactly when he will return, but I will tell him you said hello the very next time I see him.” he said, omitting the fact that due to a misunderstanding or technicality of sorts with his contract agreement, Hoshi and he were on break for the time being. Only once the chief sought out his former canine allies and renewed their faith in him, would Hoshi return.

The events that lead up to that point were almost like a blur, but his feelings were memorable. He thought for a moment, “(Sigh), Hoshi. It's upsetting to think that we were separated over a simple misunderstanding. I know accidents happen and it should only be temporary, but still. Having all my years of service to that species...your species... called into question like that! And all of it, simply because the keeper of the contract could no longer trust the validity and reliability of my previous trail records. It's crazy. Regardless, it can't be helped. There's no other choice. I'll just prove myself again. I have to, for you.” Coming back from the depths of his mind, he noticed Aori sitting in the front row now.

In an attempt to deflect any further inquiries Daisuke asked, "But enough about me and Hoshi. How are you doing? Are your classes coming along nicely? Have you given any thought as to what branch you want to join when you become a genin?" He would wait for Aori's response as he was genuinely interested to know Aori’s plans, but also because he could use a distraction from his partner and allies. After a while he would think to himself, “Hm, class attendance really seems to be lacking today...but that doesn't matter. It just means a more personalized lesson.”, as he looked towards the door waiting for either the class to begin or for another student to enter.

Umikae Aori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aori was too young to notice the disturbance in Daisuke's voice with the mentioning of Hoshi's name and so simply replied to the doctor: "Well I hope he comes back soon! It's a bummer that classes are so empty..."
Shinobi were supposed to be devastating in numbers, working in a team always being more effective that working alone. Aori had learned this from his father, a shinobi of the village, and therefore was eager to make new friends and companions at the academy. So seeing the classroom this empty was a bit of a disappointment for him. In fact since Daisuke was already a high ranking ninja of the village, Aori was the only real academy student he knew.
I just gotta learn to be self reliant! though the young student, with resolution in his mind. I'll work hard here and graduate fast so I can catch up to the higher ranked shinobi!

"Oh classes are good, been learning new things all over" said Aori to Daisuke with enthusiasm. "Well... I'm not really sure about a branch yet. Main branch seems like the default choice, but since I don't know much about the ANBU, which is why I signed up for this class, I haven't decided yet. I'm not so sure about the Medical branch since it would mean spending time in a hospital. I hate hospitals." Aori remembered the last time he was in the hospital. It was nothing serious, he had just gotten a bruise on his leg, but he had to wait in a room for some time before being treated and sent home. During that time he had felt uneasy just by sitting there. Maybe it was the smell of sterilized utensils and medical supplies that bothered him, or the idea that it was a place where people agonized, suffered and died, day in day out.
Still, doctors were important, Aori knew that, and he was still curious enought to inquire on the subject.
"How did you know which branch you belonged to Daisuke-san?" he asked, seeming as the class had not yet begun, a quick chat didn't seem out of the question.

((MFT WC: 350+))

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Appearance:
Tylerscharacteredited.jpg

Heriashi Kirito was not the least bit happy with what appeared to be his first full lesson in Anbu stuff. Sure he had not really listened to Rin and di his own thing for a while but whose fault was that really? Either way he felt like this was a punishment for his misbehavior. The only problem was that he thought that there would be no way being a tad bit late would excuse him for. If Rin really liked nothing else it was to be on time and he was running.

As he ran towards the classroom he stopped and checked a place in the hallways to make sure he was heading to the right room. The last place he needed to be was not in the right direction. He was faster than most shinobi and in time he was at the classroom and walked in. There were three people in the room. The first was of course Rin who was wearing was wearing a black suit with something red. Why was it that Rin never wore anything more…idk feminine? Was it the position of power or was it something more about her personality?

Kirito honestly did not really care but the more important of the people were before him. There were no chairs so he sat in the front as much as he could and started to note the people he was competing against.

The seventeen year old immediately knew that his biggest threat was the man sitting nearby. Kirito was unsure of whether or not he was older or not but judging by how smart he looks he is clearly more worry some than the young student here.

Apparently this guy traveled with someone named Hoshi which caused him some interest. Their conversation was just kind of boring and as such Kirito pulled out a scroll and poofed up a short sword and started to hold it. It was not a nervous reaction more so as a habit of his bloodline. He just felt like he always needed a blade on him to be fully himself.

Rin knew of his bloodlines and figured out instantly that whenever Kirito was being obnoxious all she had to do was remove his weapons and he was immediately in an uncomfortable area. This was the punishment that he was truly fearful for.

He looked at Rin and said, ”Rin-sama, sorry for not being better I just have been trying to find signs of Ataeru. I have been focusing too much on it I suppose though.” He dared not even look her in the face when he spoke. He just simply waited till more went on around him.

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: I guess I’ll post again. Hey, Ataeru. Long time no see.

A very important question was posed to Daisuke by Aori. It was so simple yet so difficult to answer. He thought for a moment on how to properly explain his decision to a young and impressionable mind. With a sigh he answered, “After many years of taking lives for the sake of the mission...and after a few generations of kaguyas fighting to the death... I decided to make a difference. I wanted to save lives as opposed to taking them, which we may have to do depending on the mission we choose to accept. This is just one of many facts about the life of a shinobi. Main branch is the backbone of the village. And with the new sennin in charge, that branch is going to be very interesting indeed." He paused for a moment and took a breath before continuing.

"Lately, the medical branch under lord Kushin’s command as gone on the offensive. Three new groups were created to provide the med-nin of the village with much more to do both inside and outside the village. As for the Anbu branch, we’re all in this class for a reason. I know you didn’t ask me, but my suggestion would be to stick with the main branch until you’ve made up your mind. Once you’ve reached a higher rank like chuunin or more likely jounin, then decide on switching branches if you prefer. But again you don’t have to listen to me. Forge your own path as a shinobi” he said.

Finishing his answer, he began to pay a little more attention both to the instructor in the room and to the newcomer. Who pulled out a scroll and summoned a weapon for a reason unbeknownst to the chief. The young man seemed right though, apologizing to the instructor, in a way that suggested familiarity. Daisuke would go on to assume these two had, at least, a brief history while he thought, “Who is this man and why did he pull out a blade? Who is this Ataeru person and what signs did he desire? ” Deciding that speculation would get him nowhere rather quickly, he decided to speak. “Hello, my name is Kaguya Daisuke, chief of the medical branch. How are you doing today, sir?

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin cleared her throat to quiet down the chatter. "Well, I was waiting on a few more faces, but it seems that they've deigned not to show up. Good afternoon. I am Santaru Rin. You may know me as the ANBU Sennin. It's not a secret, so don't feel scandalized." The latter was more for the student's benefit. "We're talking about how to protect the village from spies. Spies are everywhere. We hate them, and for the most part, they need to die. However, you'll notice that we don't deal in grand witch hunts here in Kumogakure no Sato. There are many reasons for this, but most of all, it's because a wise ninja knows that he should not be telling any information to someone who does not have the proper clearance.

"Clearance is determined through three major means. First, your rank. Are you a student? Then you have E-ranked clearance, which allows you the study of E-ranked jutsu and a tiny bit of extra access to the library. Are you a Genin? Then you have D-ranked clearance, and so on. Jounin don't reveal state secrets or anything important to students, and so on. You know what? Loose lips sink ships. If someone isn't in your squad, and they're not your superior, don't talk to them about your work! Don't talk about your work outside of work. It's just not what professionals do... And we're all professionals.

"The next point is your branch. We all have trade secrets. I know, the Main Branch feels like the underdog because they don't think of themselves as having advantages over the medics or the ANBU, but they're the real money-makers here. The rest of us are mostly a drain on the budget. These guys go out and make a lot of money, so they never have to worry about making budget magic happen. Don't talk about your branch's budget, by the way, and it's a huge faux pas to discuss how much money you made on a given mission. It's rude. Just don't. It also leads to anti-competitive practices between competing villages if you let your price point be made aware to everyone.

"The last point is--well, did a Sennin or the Raikage let you in on some special assignment? Then don't go blathering about it to everyone! Those who need to be in the know knew before you did. Unless you receive direct and specific orders otherwise, your lips should be sealed!" She nodded. "That's right. The essence of today's talk is to know when to shut up. After that, getting a sense of identifying spies becomes easy, because they're the ones who generally will keep trying to pressure you after you've already made it clear that you can't talk about it."

She smiled, and, as was her wont, abruptly changed gears.

"So. Why do you think you all have chairs, but no desks?"

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Class had begun and Daisuke found his self meeting the anbu sennin for the first time. He always found it to be truly an honor on the rare occasion that he met a sennin leader of a branch. He knew it was their influence over the branches that made Kumogakure great under the leadership of the raikage. As he continued to listen, the sennin spoke about three main points in her speech. Clearance, budget reports, and special assignments while different in importance, all had one thing in common.

They were not to be spoken of to anyone for idle chatter as all three subjects could jeopardize the village by giving its enemies an advantage over it. All three topics were about how not to reveal information unnecessarily to other lower ranking ninjas or those without authority over him. This was a subject that Daisuke knew all too well. He was quiet by nature after all, preferring to seat back and observe a person’s behavior from afar or listen to an intimate conversation between those people who think they’re alone, so spilling secrets was nothing he had to worry about.

After the speech came a simple question about the desk to which Daisuke began to imagine. "Let’s see. Without desks, it’s been hard not to take notes for this class. Wait, could that be it. No desks means no note taking, no sleeping in class, nothing to hide behind should something go down, perhaps to get us familiar with interrogation. No, its about notes. Spies will try to look for any written documentation as evidence so perhaps it’s best to keep all vital information in the mind. However, that could lead back to being captured and interrogated.", he thought unsure of his answer, but seeing as he could not fabricate any better ideas he would decide to repeat his thoughts out loud for the class to hear and hope he was on the right track.

[MFT]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu saw the memo about the class a few days ago, but had been debating upon attending or not. He had the class requirements for promotion already, and indeed already had an exam scheduled. He was supposed to be preparing for said exam/mission, but these classes were always helpful. What if something in this class helped him somehow save the mission? With that thinking in mind, he decided to attend the class. Unfortunately, he had taken a bit too long to decide- he was now a minute or two late for the class. He ran through the hallways of the Sileo, drifting around the corners on the way to the exit, then quickly sped through town to reach the Aurora Erudito. After yet more sprinting, he at last reached the room, and was understandably winded. He paused momentarily outside the door to catch his breath, catching a low murmur through the door. He could only understand a bit of what was being said. Breath caught, he turned the knob and opened the door just in time to hear Rin's question.

'Hmm, why no desks?' he thought as he quietly moved to a seat, letting the door close gently behind him. He sat in one of the chairs and crossed his right leg over his left knee, scratching his chin. He looked around at the others in the room, recognizing none of them. Two of them were slightly older men, both having white hair. It was interesting to see two with such a unique trait in the same place- he wondered if they were related. The other was a younger boy, possibly of student age. Last but not least was, of course, the Regent Commander Santaru Rin, whose hair was also lacking color. For a moment, he imagined what she would look like with rainbow colored hair, but dismissed the odd thought.

Back to the question- why no desks? 'Well, clearly she didn't want us to have desks,' he thought, though this was pretty obvious. What were desks used for? 'For writing on... what else?' he line of thought continued. In the Academy, he used to pass and read notes under the cover of the desks. He doubted she was worried about them passing notes, but her point could be that she removed their ability to hide any actions. They could also technically use the desks as weapons, but that was a bit ridiculous. Besides, they still had the chairs for that. He had his answer. "Well, I'd say you don't want us to write anything using the desks... or you don't want us to hide anything behind them," he suggested. Those were the only ideas that came to him immediately. She'd make her point in a moment, so he'd find out regardless. He folded his hands in his lap as he waited.

Umikae Aori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The ANBU Sennin! though the boy in surprise as the teacher presented herself to the class. Aori understood that sennin where the head's of their respective branches, marking them not only as the heads of the village, but also as fearsome shinobi on their right. The fact that he was being taught by such a ninja served as a burst to the boy's who listened carefully with awe. On came a bombardment of information, but Aori was able to follow the main idea.
Silence is golden they say. Now I get it a bit better. though the boy thinking about the value of information. In the ninja world, information is key in overcoming your enemies as an understanding of an opponents plan can be a deciding victory factor. The protection of information was then naturally a major concern for a village.

A boy who had just recently entered the classroom was the first to awnser the sennin's question. He mentioned that maybe we weren't supposed to write anything, which was the idea that fist came to Aori's mind when hearing the question. What would we need to write in the first place that we are prevented to do? pondered the young student.
The boy thought for a minute before formulating his awnser in his head, before he would raise his hand and say:
"Maybe we are to learn other ways to communicate and share information, a way that is not as vulnerable to enemy theft as written messages."

((MFT 230))

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was a class on Spies and keeping your mouth shut. Apparently there was a reason for this class. Why talk when you could fight? That was always what Kirito thought at least. Speaking was pointless before a battle. The only time to talk was after one was clearly superior to the other. He guessed however that since this was a grade and he owned Rin he might as well at least attempt to focus on what was going on around him.

Okay…yes…well…

Okay so many Kirito had issues paying attention to things that just seemed obvious but once again he needed to focus. He decided that looking around room to investigate. In a sense prevent boredom.

As such he noticed that the only kids who said anything seemed to just state the obvious. As such Kirito decided that he would state what he was thinking.

He looked over at Rin and simply said, ”Well personally I figured there were no desks so we would be interrogated. It’s probably easier without something between us. Though I guess it could also be about seeing people’s tell signs like a bouncing leg or something.”

Kirito shifted a little and was figuring that things would be revealed to them soon enough.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Inactivity Leave: Sorry... I wanna see if I can find a use for this slot before I leave the village. If this continues please pretend Ayumu was never here.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back