Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Ancient Crystals [Weekly Solo Mission]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Present. In Broken and Fragments

Sousuke sat back in his wheel chair and looked at the monitor. He did that? He was capable of doing THAT? That level of devastation was frightening, it was disturbing. Even to him. He who used his powers with great hesitation. The Steward looked over the reports. All of them had numbers which were not registering in the 'normal' realm of things. He wheeled himself back and then he wheeled himself over to the table. "These crystals may be more trouble than they were worth."<i></i> He muttered to himself as he went over the reports. Ultimately a choice had to be made. The choice to destroy them, or keep them under lock and key. That was the choice that he needed to be advised upon.
Forty-Eight Hours Ago - Riddles of Crystals and Dreams

A rare cluster of chakra crystals were brought before the Steward. These crystals were not normal they were amplified by something increasing their energy output by two-hundred percent. These crystals were marked which was something unseen before in the history of chakra crystals. Each crystal had with them a primal marking. Similar to that of what he had seen on Rei's hand. The Steward tried to keep this whole situation hush hush. The words great and power usually brought the interest of many. The many included criminals and those labeled as terrorists. Sousuke inspected each crystal himself. Each of them carried a marking. A star, a circle, a ring, a square, a diamond. All primal symbols. Not sigils.

Thus the tests began. Sousuke's first test was of a red crystal. When he used it to light up his office space the room's brightness was almost blinding. For a moment he was blinded until something happened to make the crystal calm down. Sousuke didn't interfere with anything, it was as if the crystal detected his momentary blindness and toned the power down. The readings though were still off the charts. Were these crystals alive? No. They couldn't be. Chakra crystals were not animate. They showed no signs of being alive. "Steward sir, is everything alright?" The intercom went off. A feminine voice on the other end. Oddly it was not Keystone.

"Yes. Yes. I am operating at normal levels. These crystals are something else... they're not the normal type. They're primal ... the markings I can't put my finger on what they mean yet. I'll have to visit Mr. Shinbatsu and pick up a tome or two on Primal Histories."<i></i> Sousuke explained. He again picked up some of the crystals. These primal markings weren't right. Someone must have recorded a history of them. Even if the history was not entirely accurate, the Steward could then make several deductions and inductions.

"When do you leave?" The voice inquired. Sousuke turned and looked up at the camera that was watching him. Usually the staff never made such inquiries. "I seem to have offended you, I am sorry sir." There was a sort of growl following the sir. Sousuke's eyes narrowed. The growl was canine-like in nature.

"How long have you been playing me Shizune?"<i></i> Sousuke didn't mince words. He couldn't leave Keystone now. Not without allowing Shizune to acquire or reacquire the crystals that were found. It was most likely she had acquired them on the black market, and she brought them here to have them analyzed by one of the few minds who could. "Did I disappoint you?"<i></i>

"No Lover. Some of my men thought I bought those for a joke, but seeing you cause a power surge. That made my heart rise."</I><i></i> Shizune paused, again the growl came out. "I know you frequent Shinbatsu's store when something perks your interest. You're not the only person to read people. I may not be quite as good at it as you are ... but I'm taking back my prizes now."<i></i> The lights then went out. Not to Sousuke's surprise. The Steward went to grab the crystals and as he did so he armoured up. Perhaps grabbing them was not for the best as now the room was lit by them. Sousuke listened and listened carefully. Shizune was inside Keystone, and she carried with herself great strength. If he could make it to sector eleven he could get out his Mark II, but he didn't have the time to do so and carry the crystals.

Metal began to tear as Shizune made her way into the room. Sousuke saw her features. Muscular, firm, strong. "Give me what is mine. I'll leave you alone."<i></i>

"You're not going to use these for the betterment of others and the village. Only yourself. With these who knows what terror you may unleash the people of Suna. You would render us lawless and in a realm of survival of the fittest."<i></i> Sousuke answered. He gripped the crystals and reached out grabbed the bag they originally came in. The last one he held tightly. Unknown to him red energy began to seep out from it, and into him. "Scum like you need to be dealt with. Broken up and locked away. You're a threat and you need to be dealt with permanently. Everytime you get locked up you get out again, and I have to deal with your greed and your stupidity. I should put you six feet under or vapourize you so that I never have to deal with you again."<i></i>

Shizune placed her hands on her hips. She wore a one piece battle suit. Her legs and arms were not armoured only her upper and lower body. "That hurt lover. I never knew you could be so mean. You're right but, are you? There are people out there worse than I am."<i></i> She tilted her head. "I never knew you to speak so freely or so full of insults. I don't think you could kill a human."<i></i>

"Don't test me Bitch. I'm going to win today, and you're going to feel the burn."<i></i> With that Sousuke raised his right hand and fired a plasma shot at Shizune. He aimed at her chest and in particular her heart. The plasma beam came out was blood red. The beam came quick and without hesitation. Shizune stood there thinking it was going to dissolve. Her brows were raised as the Sousuke called her a name that was usually outside of his vocabulary. It was only until it was feet away from her she jumped out of the way. The beam melted the wall and put a hole through it.

"S-Sousuke? What was that about? Whatever happened to--"<i></i> Before Sousuke could finish his setence he phase shifted across the room with ebon blade in hand. He swung as her naked arms and made contact. Shizune's blood covered the blade. The Inuzuka jumped back. "Listen Lover. I know I gave you a rough time, but even at the bank you didn't go this far."<i></i> Again Sousuke took another swipe and wetted his blade more so with the she-hulk's blood. Shizune cursed as the smaller man was making her life quite miserable. Sousuke again opened up with more plasma blasts and targeted her wounds. Shizune cried out as the wounds were cauterized. She took a swipe and hit the Steward sending him across the room. Shizune took time to heal herself up, and noticed that he had dropped the chakra crystals. Now. Now was the chance to make her get away.

She reached out and grabbed the bag and in particular she held the red one. Like Sousuke she too took in abhorrent amounts of red energy. "I thought we had a thing Lover. I guess not!"<i></i> Shizune's form became most monsterous. She grew grey fur and her face became muzzle-like. She sprung after Sousuke with bag and hand and delivered a series of bone crunching blows. Each attack shattering a mechanism in Sousuke's armour. She ultimately grabbed him around the neck and lifted him. "Screw the realm. Screw the Sunahoshi. Screw you."<i></i> Her grip tightened. "I have to scrape by in life, doing the right thing never leads to anything with a profit. I want diamonds Sousuke. To bathe in them and to have them in my clothes. I want servants and power. I'd have you by my side, brains with brawn. We'd rule this realm, but no you are bound to rules. Always have been. I'd welcome people bowing at my feet and throwing their lives at my whims, but you? Not you. You seem to think everyone equal, all lives have meaning."<i></i> Shizune crushed the red chakra crystal. "I'd have the realm eating out my hand. Slaves. Servants. I want it all. I could live like Fuujin did."<i></i>

Sousuke was fighting for breath now. The crystals. They were bringing out the worst in people At this rate Shizune was dangerous. She didn't seem to notice she had broken the crystal. Sousuke made a swipe for the bag. Several chakra crystals coming out now. When Shizune heard them hit the floor she dropped him. "No!" She cried as she went to grab them. Sousuke hit the floor and kicked them away except one. This crystal was black. He couldn't afford to have Shizune break that one too, and so Sousuke reached to grab it. He grabbed it and then Shizune grabbed his arm. She lifted him and held him up. "Well what was that about?"<i></i> Shizune held the black crystal in her hand, and she stabbed him with it and then proceeded to throw him across the room.

Sousuke's vision was blacking out.
The Moment - A Response in Black

Shizune reached down to take up the crystals. She felt a fleeting depression of sorts. She just pummeled and most likely broke the only person who ever treated her properly of her gender. As a child Sousuke was silent but curteous. He never made fun of her. He never referred to her as a tomboy. No. Still though she wanted to crush him. Where did honesty ever get you? Nowhere. "With these perhaps I can live like an Ancient. With these I will--"<i></i>

"Cease and desist."<i></i> Something called from the shadows. Shizune was spooked. She turned around.

"Who's there? Sousuke, Lover?"<i></i> She called out. Something moved about swiftly in the shadows. Something that blended in. She held the bag closely which now contained the remaining crystals she had gotten once again. Shhhlllliiiinnngggg. Something was moving. She saw it now. A great orange axe in the area, and quickly its wielder. Armoured in black. Spikes on the shoulders. The attack was not aimed at her but at the bag. Contact was made and the bag was slashed open again beyond repair. "Noooooo!"<i></i> She cried as some of the crystal was destroyed by more and more slashes from this orange great axe. The orange axe was then held by one hand as the shadowy figured armed himself with sword that pulsed red. Both weapons were swung at her but not with lethal intent.

"I will draw out that poisonous power like a wound."<i></i> The figure spoke. As Shizune got a clearer view of the figure she noticed that the armour was somewhat ghastly like in appearance. The figure went on the offensive. Shizune responded with her fists. She took light burns as she made contact with both axe and sword.

"Where is Sousuke? Doesn't he fight his own battles?"<i></i> Shizune said as she made a grand sweeping kick which pushed back the armoured figure. "Come on tell me! You devil, if you intend to harm him I'll--"<i></i>

"Do nothing. You have been compromised, and you must be answered to here and now before you bring terror unto the realm."<i></i> The shadowy armoured figure spoke. "In the name of the One King and House Takahashi your progression into madness and sickness ends here."<i></i>

"Get real. No one talks like that..."<i></i> Shizune began to supercharge her chakra into a single pointed burst. Her chakra at first was blazing blood red, but over time it converted to a natural blue. The shadow figure answered back, with sword, axe, and fire.
The Longest Minute - A Mistake and Realization

Shizune stood with her boot across the chest of the armoured man. Sousuke had yet to be seen. The lights of Keystone were out still, and she still had control of surveillance footage. "Let's see who this is..." She pushed her boot down. "Out with it."<i></i> No answer. Shizune reached to her side and pulled out a knife. She forced her chakra into the blade and kneeled down. Bones were breaking as she exerted force. She made a hole in the face plate and tried to pry it open. "Oh. That's how it is."<i></i> She threw the knife away and forced open the plate helmet. Her eyes widened. "S-shit. These crystals."<i></i> For a woman like Shizune it didn't take long for her to realize what was going on with them. The persona type change. The strength levels. Everything good and bad amplified. She looked at the crystal stuck in the middle of the chest. Did it puncture him? She checked for a pulse. It was there... The Inuzuka's canine features sunk as she went to make the call. "Keystone Prime to Omni Prime. Priority One alert. The Steward made a critical error..." Shizune spoke as she changed her voice. "Crap..."<i></i>
The Present. Questionable and Revealing

Sousuke rolled himself along in his wheelchair once more. The mark I armour was changed. The chakra crystal was stuck in there. Sometimes the armour would become black with spikes on the shoulders. The faceplate had wider white eyes. The eyes seemed angry, but the angered seemed controlled. "Strange."<i></i> Sousuke thought of destroying the armour. Making another Mark I would not be too difficult.

Sousuke thought he was alone for the moment. Until he saw a figure walk past him. She wore a grey pants suit with white shirt. She reached forward. "No don't..."<i></i> She broke the crystal out of the armour. She then turned around at him and smiled. Sousuke's eyes widened. He was not ready for a fight just yet...

"You'll scare that ward of yours. Word has it she doesn't like shadows."<i></i> Shizune spoke soundly mildly amused. The armour stopped flickering back and forth between designs. "Red isn't my colour. I think yellow is... and for you? I think you look strapping in black."<i></i> Shizune tossed the black chakra crystal at him. "I made a small donation. Just a small one. A green, purple, and grey chakra crystal for a certain brain to investigate."<i></i> Shizune bit her lip. "Listen. About what you heard... I ... wasn't myself and I'm sure you weren't yourself either. Your legs and chest... sorry about those ... and the footage?"

Sousuke's eyes narrowed as he held the black chakra crystal in his hands. "I can't replicate it. I seem to recall you putting a failsafe into it, so once it is seen the tape is burned."<i></i> Shizune laughed nervously. "Get out of my sight."<i></i> Sousuke said as her wheeled himself around. The Inuzuka's expression sank a bit. She deserved it of course, and she was thankful she wasn't surrounded by steel bars.

<I>"Sousuke. I... I'm going to clean up my act, but you know who I am."<i></i> She helped him by pushing his wheel chair back to his desk. She bent down and kissed him on the side of the head. Nothing romantic. "I'm going to start by keeping you safe and your injuries under the radar by my ... rivals and associates. By the way... that girl named Yume. You have a thing for her don't you...? I'd be careful around her brother. Word has it he is..."<i></i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back