Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

And then I found you.... [Private]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Morning dawned upon the land, there was a vast amount of things he had to get done... but today was his day off from mission going and trying to get himself in shape for his exam in the coming months. Though things didnt seem too bad, his Skyfall training and White Flame training seemed to be on the rise. His Sync with Adramalech seemed to be taking a turn for the better. Though he couldnt really train that. The lion-esque flame dog, seemed to have alot of vast knowledge that he'd take heed to. 'Hmph... I think I need to go shopping.' then his stomach growled. 'Yup... So much training no food... TIME TO GRUB!' he'd lift himself from his apartment up in inner maruishi nodding he'd quickly get dressed in his normal attire. Cream-colored pants, held up by suspenders, which are attached to the pants' loops by square-shaped rings. Over them, he dons distinctive dark blue galosh-esque footwear that reaches up to his thighs and attach to the upper edge of his pants. It was something he had three outfits made to he could wear often.

Stepping into the light, he'd lock his door throwing the key into his pocket and slowly making his way down the stairs as he made his way to the inner city. It was nice. A calm wind took the day as the sun shined bright allowing the warmth with the cool breeze from the ocean air. It was one of those 'perfect' days. Though even days like this seemed to have something to take Tomato's mind off of what h wanted and aspired. Today? What would it be? Who would it be? Then again, he had his mother's voice ringing in his ear, 'Get me some grand babies... Kay?', why was that what haunted him? He wanted a family and all that jazz... but then again he could find himself being leaned towards guys... what would they do then? Who knew... Who even knew.

"Geez... I need some food!", nodding he'd hurry himself to the side bars and grills on the strip. They seemed to be bustling early. And there were few people in the seats this early. Most kids had school, but not all. A vast majority of today would be doing gate duty and the normal warrior tasks around the village. It was how the village worked. So who would be around at this time? Early in the morning... close to the afternoon now. Around eleven o'clock, Hm. He didnt know what he wanted so he stood at the edge of the strip and thought as he figured out what he wanted to eat.

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ren fidgeted in her seat at the ramen stand. She had ended up storming out of her house in a rage because of her father calling her a he, again, and had slung her bag across her shoulder and stormed out, face flushed deep red in embarrassment and anger and hurt. Now she had cooled off considerably, and was just feeling drained, mentally, physically, emotionally. She just didn't know what to do with herself. Training didn't seem appealing right at the moment and her mind wandered every time she tried to read any of the various materials in her satchel.

Blowing a stay strand of hair out of her face she glanced up and smiled softly at the server who set her bowl of noodles.

"Thank you."

She rolled her shoulders as she set the bag onto her lap and hunched over a little to blow on the strands before eating. Her mind took the time to wander more as she ate, the action of it automatic and mechanical. Her eyebrows furrowed as she ate, and her leg jiggled up and down, jostling her bag, which in turn made a few of the empty vials and bottles inside rattle. She didn't notice the noise, too busy staring off into the middle distance of no-where in front of her as she ate.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Dreadful. There was so much food around but nothing jostled his senses enough to cause him to have a reaction of any sort. So in turn he would have to find a way to figure things out. Then the clanking of the bottles within a bag. 'Clink! Clank!' he'd look around as he would see this as the sign he needed, stomach growling like some rabid beast he'd need to make a decision quickly before he'd die of starvation! Then again, he heard the sounds... 'Clink Clank', pausing and then looking to a nearby ramen stand he'd nod. "Guess Ramen it is...", and there was only one person there... Was it a boy? Or a princess? He'd quiver in anticipation. Though it wouldnt matter the least he'd be more worried about food then the possible gender of the person he was about to sit with.

"Oioi! Stand guy! Mind if I get some of your best Vegetable Tempura and Side of your biggest bowl of Ramen.", he'd smile brightly looking to the... girl? Yeah, there was little denying it. Though in the end he tried his best to note the women from an androgynous male. It could be both but the best way to approach a situation such as this was to meet the middle ground, and define by the name. "Hello there mind if I share a seat next to you? I'm quite hungry.", he'd await the answer and regardless of a yes or no... he'd politely give, "Sorry for my manners, My name is Kappatsu Tomatsu~",

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She started a bit as the voice broke through her day dreaming and looked up, mid noodle slurp. Coloring deeply she hid her face behind her free hand and sucked the noodles up quickly before coughing softly and nodding, motioning for him to take a seat where ever he pleased.

"I don't mind at all. I am Kazehi Ren, it is nice to meet you."

She put her hand back down into her lap, attempting to hold her jostling leg down, feeling deeply embarrassed that she had been caught so off guard by this Tomatsu. She waited a beat, but the silence got to her and she was still feeling a bit hot in the face from before, though the pink was slowly fading from her cheeks. She cleared her throat and gestured softly at the stand.

"This is one of my favorite places to come eat. The food is always the perfect temperature and made really fast..." She tried to fill the pause with conversation, and let go of her death grip on her own leg to tuck a strand of stray hair behind her ear.

She was at a loss really on what to say. Do people just make conversation with people who happen to seat themselves near you when at a food stall? Or do you politely ignore each other the same as if you happened to just walk near someone on the walkways around the shops? Should she offer up more information about herself than just her name or was the one small introduction enough for normal interaction?

She ducked her head down a little and took small dainty nibbles at her food so as to avoid making a fool of herself a second time in a row.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nodding, he'd chuckle at the cutesy girl before him allowing him to sit down. So indeed he would sit, and with everything in him he'd hold his tongue as he was known to clammer on about cuteness and such. He didnt want the young girl to flee. OH well though, he'd take another strategy. Though something through him off, 'Kazehi? Like the Tsuchikage? Oh wow... He must be watching around here or something... Maybe some security watching this little girl...', Tomato felt sweat form above his brow as he thought it out but a quick sensory of the area formed the notion there were no malicious chakra's around. He'd still be cautious. There were such a thing as Hyuuga.And Very far visioned shinobi. Either way he'd just be himself...

Which meant...

"Aye? I do love this strip. Though I've never been to this place... So this is my first time! Heh!", not allowing the silence to overtake the moment he'd keep it light, "Hm, Are you a student? You have a pretty cute demeanor... almost like a princess... But are you wanting to be a student to become a Genin, or even more? I only ask because... You are lineage to the Kage, if I'm not mistaken. I assume you might have some sort of aspiration...", though that was just deductive reasoning. She was cute. And he would not allow her not to know that. It would brighten someone's day at least allowing someone random to tell them something nice. Without the hardships of being told the same thing from a family member or friend and having the subtle feelings of obligation to such a notion. Or at least Tomato thought.

With that he'd await the response.

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She tensed up as he chuckled, not sure if she did something that was laughable or if he was just a chuckly sort of guy. She stopped dead at being called cute and just stared at him, the color that had been fading returning with the feircness.

"Like a p-princess? Me?" She pointed at herself and turned to look behind her to make sure he wasn't suddenly speaking to someone else and blinked, looking completely befuddled and thrown off by the compliments.

She didn't really know what to do in any social situation, and of all situations she certainly didn't know what to do when someone told her she was a cute princess. She opened her mouth and closed it, struggling to come up with words to bring forth. Student? Student! Yes talk about school, do that, that's safe.

"Ah-ah well ah, I am a student now but, I think I'm ready to become more... Maybe after a few more classes I'll be completely ready for an exam. I want to be someone that others can rely on and look up to, like my cousin, but I want to be important on my own terms too, not just riding in on my cousins reputation."

She had started out loud and stammering but as she continued she murmured before regaining her momentum, still red in the face.

"I am going to become much more! I'm going to be one of the best Kunochi this village has ever produced! And I'll do it regardless of my cousin's position in the village, I will be my own person!"

She smiled widely as she spoke, one hand clenched in a fist in front of her chest, as if she was making a speech. One could swear they could see stars in her eyes as she spoke of her life aspirations.

She blinked away the stars and looked at him curiously, cocking her head to the side before asking, "Do you know my cousin personally? You mentioned him."

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Yes... is it farfetch'd to believe? I think you're quite the young cutie. Like a princess that has yet to find her way into her own beauty. Though you'll figure it out with time... Dont let anything discourage you, cause Tomato thinks you're cute.", nodding he'd look as the man would be bringing his food out, his stomach grumbling and growling louder as the man came closer. Omnomming on the ramen as he pulled a sack of gold coins and laid them on the table. "I know its alot but take it all... I do enough missions to sustain myself... sometimes... Hehe.", talking to the chef as he allowed the girl to have her moment of trying to figure out what to say...

Which turned into the student talk he brought up, "Well I'm not exactly the best teacher, but I can just teach you what I might know. It could be helpful. . . The best thing in the world is knowing you can help protect people around you... without feeling like you're just getting in the way. Even now, I think with the power I've obtained... I'd be a hassle to partner with at times.", nodding though he wanted to get back on track and respond fully to what she was saying, "Well... Your cousin is now the Kage. Strong and Valiant, or I would assume. I know it will weigh deeply on you. Though, those expectations will lead you one of two ways as my old sensei said. . ." pausing he'd let it sink in taking a sip of the water that was near him.

"You will meet those expectations as they will motivate you. Or, you will crumble under the pressure, and end up resenting those that gave you expectations that you could not manage because they were not ones you brought upon yourself. Those people end up becoming Rogues.", nodding once again. He'd look her deeply within her eyes whilst smiling brightly. "I can sense you're going to be the first, if you grasp the world around you." he'd watch her nearly jump out of her chair with her aspirations. She was ready. She wanted it. She was ready for it. And the fire that burned in his heart also burned with her. He couldnt do anything but smile... Hm. She was intriguing.

"And you'll get it! Nothing will stand in your way!", nodding he'd look to her and eye the gir as she questioned him, "No... No I havent met him. I want to. Though I'll let fate handle that. Why do you ask?"

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomato thinks you're cute... Tomato thinks YOU ARE cute....

Her bag slipped off her lap and the soft sound of a glass crushing within didn't even break her out of the stupor that he had put her in by complimenting her. Her face was as red as his namesake, and she hide it behind her hands, giggling nervously. She peeked at him through her fingers and really took a good look at him. He was older than her, but she really couldn't tell how much older. His eyes were clear and striking, and he wasn't all the hard to look at really. This realization only caused her to make a soft noise of embarrassment as she realized she had been ogling him, and she hid her face once more, shaking her head back and forth as if doing so would shake the thoughts straight out of her head.

"Teach me?" She took the risk to peek at him again, and slowly lowered her hands as she listened to him talk about protecting others.

A genuine sweet smile graced her lips, what he had said about about protecting others and feeling useful was something she understood, and the words stretched between them, making her feel more at ease.

"I can understand that feeling pretty well... Or at least it's what I hope to achieve in due time." She murmured.

She nodded as he continued to talk about expectations and sighed wistfully, There were plenty of times in the deep darkness of night that she had wished that she wasn't the Kage's Cousin because she felt like she was under such strict scrutiny once people knew about it. She worried she would never actually reach the expectations others had of her, but another part of her that burned fiercely wanted to not only reach them, but surpass the, surprise the people who expected so little of her. She wanted to prove them all wrong.

She looked up from her mostly empty bowl when he said she was going to be the first type and smiled widely at him, eyes glimmering with an unspoken gratitude for the vote of confidence in her character.

At his question she coughed, and bent down to grab her bag, setting it on her lap once more and frowning at the clinking of the broken bottle.

"I guess I asked because I talk about him differently depending on who I'm talking to. I don't want to undermine him so when it's officals and people who only know him as the leader of the village I speak of him very respectfully and carefully. I don't let anything slip because I don't want to make his life more difficult. For people who've met him and know him personally well, I feel freer to say whatever might be on my mind or give a more honest opinion about something." She smiled at him winningly as she carefully picked the bits and shards of glass out of her bag as she spoke.

"I guess I just like to know who knows who when it comes to conversation." She shrugged, and then frowned again at the small cut on her pointer finger. The last glass bit had caught her just right and she huffed, sticking it in her mouth to staunch the blood.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Well What I learned was through meditation... Making your body and mind one. It takes a long time to take and even now I struggle with it...", though it was more because he had an entity he had to become sync'd with. It made things... unbearable sometimes as well as a struggle. Adramalech didnt ask for control... it was his chakra that was malicious that wanted to overtake him when it mixed with Tomatsu's. The Lion-esque being didnt have control of his chakra like Tomato had no real control over his advanced techniques. Though... It would come to pass that maybe Ren and him could help one another... He'd have someone he'd enjoy being around and someone who might be the catalyst to calm him to be able to utilize the fullness of his own potential? Maybe. Only time would tell...

It was to say that he had slowly watched her... he 'understood' women. Though, he didnt get them. She was all giddy and such. Covering her face and allowing her glass to break. Though he'd fix the last one soon enough the other things going through her mind might take a while to handle but that was for any real man to handle with time. Who knew... this meeting might have been the last meeting he'd truly need in his life... Yanno? That last final first meeting... "Hmm, you dont have to pull punches with your opinion. I make my opinion based on personal meetings and dealings. IF I made an opinion on someone based on something someone said... everytime without knowing the person myself... What would happen when a villain were to tell me that some valiant warrior woman was some woman that gave herself to every man she met. Only to find out years later, she was never touched and never had child. Then my opinion of her would have been skewed for so long before even giving her a chance.", he'd nod taking another sip of his drink. He'd pat his open attire which revealed his toned body a bit. "Hmph. That was just really good. Though Miss Ren, let me help you with that glass I wouldnt want you to hurt your hands... You'll need those for beating up bad guys.", he'd use a minor three handseals grasping the glass with wind element. Then, with his blow torch of a mouth he'd begin melding the glass back together. He did a bit of glass blowing and such fire was his element. His Major and minor. His go-to attack style. Well, it was the only jutsu he was adept to learning.

After a few moments the small controlled flame would meld down the glass shards that he had... into a smaller glass than before, "Oh geez... I must've missed a few shards... My wind element sucks. Drat!". he'd snap his fingers as the bottle cooled down.

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Meditation is hard for me too usually. I have a hard time sitting still for so long when I feel like I could be doing something to hone the skills I already posses..." She set some money on the counter and pushed her finished food bowl forward away from her.

She listened, kicking her legs softly against the stool bars of her seat as she did. She had a lot of pent up energy now, meeting Tomato and talking to him had brightened up her spirits and made her want to train or do something productive. She absentmindedly traced the seams of her back, a part of her glad that she had only had empty bottles in the bag right now. It would have been quite a different situation if they still had most of their original fluids inside. Shaking her head she continued speaking.

"That makes sense. I still will probably keep my system in place though, there are some stuffy old folks who would likely take offense to me calling my cousin an Old Fart, like I usually do." She grinned mischievously and giggled softly.

She watched with wide eyes as he reformed the small broken glass bottle shards she had piled on the counter into a mildly smaller glass bottle. Taking it from him she smiled gratefully and bowed her head a bit as she thanked him.

"That was a really interesting use of jutsu." She said as she turned the bottle side to side, looking at it's smooth surface. "Oh it's alright! My hands go through a lot anyways, this isn't anything too awful. See?"

She held her hands out for him to take a closer look at. They were riddled with paper thin cuts and scars, as well as the deep dark ink stains that held onto the very tips of her fingers.

"Spending more time with paper and written words than people will do that to a pair of hands, I suppose..." She retracted her hands, wringing them a little, as if she was suddenly embarrassed of how stained and worn they were, before shoving them back into her lap, hidden behind her bag.

She shrugged softly and glanced up at the sky to estimate what time it was. Noting the general position of the sun she glanced over him with a shy smile.

"Would you be willing to work on meditation with me today? I didn't really have much of a plan today when I left my house and I don't really want to go back any time soon." She frowned a bit at the thought of having to go back where she would likely be ambushed by her mom and scolded for back chatting her dad, again.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nodding to her coherent response to the act of meditation. It was a hard skill to get down, especially with demons lurking within and around. Having to calm yourself and another being, it just wasnt kosher. It wasnt how Tomato wanted to live. Though this was a life that was given to him. Though it was nothing to complain about he just needed to learn more and learn how to better hone what he needed from Adramalech. "If you wish miss Ren, though if you tell me something... I will keep it between us unless otherwise told." he'd go on to finish the bottle and listen to that response,

Though, it was endearing how little she was to be so cute and young. Though, he could not take advantage of something so pure. He wasnt a devil's man though he couldnt wait for her to grow up and make a decision. Then again, this was the first time he'd met her but to be infatuated would be a long shot. He was just intrigued in this person. SO young. So ambitious. Many of the generations seemed to have those that fell under those statements. Just being another one of the crowd. She wanted more. As did he.

"Well then~ you have the hands of an artistic woman to be. Boy, its going to be hard to get the young ones off of you when you get older. Cute. Smart and Charming. With an artistic rapture about you.", he'd nod before taking out a bag from his pocket to wrap up his things, seeing that they'd be leaving soon... for what? What she'd spout next. "You know you might have to allow those thoughts of this morning and maybe even a reoccurring past lifestyle that you've been living go... Right? You have to clear your mind of it all... Release it as chakra energy, or let it go into the air, letting it off your chest so to speak.", he'd pause looking to the vendor and nodding as he'd give them their goodbyes and Tomatsu would stand to his feet prepping himself for their imminent departure.

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She hummed softly in thought and tapped the side of her nose with a finger. She tilted her head to the side, sort of a jerk and shrugged as she smiled up at him.

"That's what meditation is, and besides, I think sometimes getting everything off of your chest and mind if only for a few minutes is probably good for you."

She hopped down from her seat and shouldered her bag, making sure that all the things inside wouldn't jostle too loudly as she walked. She hummed again as she looked around, before looking back at Tomatsu.

"Do you know a place that is good to attempt meditation? I always assumed you could do it anywhere, but someplace quiet would seem like a better place than the middle of the shopping district, right?"

She toed at the ground a little with her foot and tugged on her braid, pulling forward over a shoulder and fiddling with it, to give her hands something to do while she spoke.

"How come you have trouble meditating? I know personally why I have a hard time, but it surprises me a little that you have any issue. Anyone I know that's older always seem to have everything under control perfectly usually."

She glanced up at him, a worried look, as if she might have offended him with such words and only now had realized it.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nodding and waving bye as he never felt you could do it too much for a time out eating to the good service he'd been given. Though the food tied up in a small sack he'd nod. He had no intention of eating it. He was going to reveal that soon though, either way. He'd find himself walking side by side with this young woman-to-be. "Aye aye! I know just the place. Its nice and quiet... only the sounds of the still waters and your own thoughts.", he'd smile to the girl before turning back to the road ahead them. They were going to be headed towards Arcadia. His birth place and a place where his family lineage could be traced to. Though, later he'd find how much blood was with him and the Yukata. So... until then there would be no turmoil.

Then the question he hated answering would come up. Though, he could see her fiddling with her loose braid. Even more cute. She had long hair. Quite long but it was definitely something he'd missed because of his extreme hunger. Now he was noticing things he hadnt before... but he'd keep that to himself. This was going to be fun, and all the while he had nearly forgot that she asked him the question about his meditation quarrels. Though how much older did she think he waas... He was just about to turn eighteen! He gave her a face suddenly, "EHH!? How old do you think I am!?", turning the question from his meditation failures to the age old question...

How old was anyone at any given time here? People seemed to go from eight to twenty in the matter of moments... Without people around them aging. What kind of Hyperbolic time chamber mess was going on here!

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She looked a little startled when he asked just how old she though he was and tilted her head to the side, wringing her braid. "You look at least as old as my cousin Kumori.... and he's sixteen....So at least sixteen?" She said haltingly, as if suddenly unsure of her assesment.

She looked off to the side in embarrassment and swayed where she stood, putting her weight on one foot and then the other. She smiled meekly and bit her lip in thought before speaking again, aiming to steer the conversation away from her social awkwardness of telling him she thought he was an old.

"I do like water quite a lot....I always feel calmest when I'm swimming or in water, so I think being near it would help the meditation..."

She peered up at him from under a few free strands if hair that were attempting to cover her face, before tucking them back behind her ear once more. She wasn't sure if he would take her now, she couldn't tell if she had somehow insulted him or not by saying he might be sixteen and it was making her worried.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With a simply nod he'd calm himself, "Well thats quite alright... But I'm Seventeen going on Eighteen here in a few weeks time.", he'd smile down to the girl and nod. Just as cute as she could be... he'd watch her. Something oddly devilish about the way he looked at her. Like... was he actually eyeballing this young woman? Maybe. Maybe he was. Though he'd keep it to himself for now. Maybe she'd notice the awkward glances he gave from moment to moment but it didnt at all matter right now. IT was farfetched to think something like this would even be considered at this stage.

"Aye... its soothing... but because of my fire ability it also acts as a direct relief if my chakra gets out of control. So, when we're in meditation... I'll ask that if you hear me say 'leave' you heed as soon as possible. I'd not want my chakra and my reason for my meditation failures to end up being a reason you'd get hurt...", he'd look very concerned as he said it. Wanting to have the alone time with this little one, though looking down again she moved the strands of hair back to its place behind her ear and it made his heart sink.

'Get ahold of yourself.' Only leaving Adramalech to shake its lion-esque head in Tomato's direction within the inner sanctums of their shared space.

This would definitely become increasingly interesting, "This way, if you choose to come... Its in Arcadia.", he'd stuff his hands in his pockets and if she'd follow he'd make simple small talk speaking about his history up to this point. Leaving out the fact that his Sensei had died and he was the one that killed him because of his training. Though this was nearly two years ago... He'd grabbed tightly over himself over that time right? ...Right?!

[Topic left to Arcadia!]

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She nodded as she listened and smiled, jogging a few steps to catch up to him as he lead the way. She felt a small rush in her gut at the looks he kept shooting her way. She didn't really understand why she felt queasy, in a good way, a good queasy, if such a thing even existed! It was confusing but not unwelcome, even if she didn't really get why her stomach felt like it was doing flips. Maybe she was just excited to have someone to train with other than her old fart cousin Ryu. It wasn't often she hung out with people, usually driving them away by being well, herself. Loud and a bit rough around the edges. She coughed softly and willed her stomach to stop the somersaults, and spoke.

"So... Fire? Do you have an affinity for that element?" She asked as they walked.

Fire was one of the elements she struggled with the most to master, her own natural affinities running more along the lines of water or wind. But yet despite all that, something about fire itself was interesting, even if at times it felt like the polar opposite of what she was able to understand. Maybe it was that inability to get fire that kept her coming back to it again and again, to test herself against it because it was so very different from herself and how she functioned. Some day she would master flames, and maybe Tomatsu could help her in that.

[Topic Left to Arcadia after Tomatsu!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back