Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

And you are? [Private, PM to Join]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The night was cold, the last tinges of winters hold tight on to the air seemly unwilling to allow the Spring to take it place. The Haku allowed her feet to warily carry her as if she was on auto-piolet through the streets of Kohana, it wasn’t long before she found herself in the Oak district, even though it was late the sounds that carried on the night air from the district still sounded like it was brimming with activity. Getting closer Yuki saw the soft orange lights from the number of the shops and restaurants that were offering their patrons shelter from the bitterly cold wind outside, she weaved her way around the maze like streets watching the people that passed her by everyone seemed to be in high spirits that atmosphere was infectious and even though she had no reason the Captain found herself smiling, Yuki saw the place that she was looking for and her smile widen as she approached the building, she pushed aside the curtain and entered the building.

The smell of Ramen assaulted her senses from the steam that carried from the kitchen of the back of the building, it was rather quiet tonight the cold must have been keeping the people away which Yuki was more than happy with the lack of customers while she knew that she couldn’t escape what was coming she could at least have some privacy while she still could. One of the waitresses welcomed her, she was a older lady that Yuki had seen many times, every time she saw her face she seemed to have developed a new winkle or ache.
“Welcome Miss, please take a seat where ever you like, I will be over shortly to take your order” She smile and bowed at the Captain, the Haku bowed in response to her.

“Can I just get a warm Sake for now please?”

“Certainly, I will bring it over in just a moment” She women smile warmly and returned to clearing down the table, Yuki fully entered the space and took at seat at one of the booth further back in the room, She sat in a position that allowed her to keep a eye on the door allowing her to see she those that entered and left the establishment, even though she as off duty it seem like the ANBU in her would never sleep even if it wasn’t needed, she smiled to herself knowing that it was probably responsible for saving her life many times. The ANBU took the menu and looked over it she didn’t really need to look as she was almost certain that she knew all the items that where listed off the top of her head, but you never knew there might be something new seeing that there was in fact not Yuki put the menu down, placing her elbow on the table and rested her chin on the back of her hand watching those the occupied the other tables.

[MFT]
[Word Count: 500]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka decided to explore at night. The Oak district was apparently surrounded by all kinds of people and she could meet all of them there, she also wanted to spend her allowance on new things, most probably food being the glutton that she was. The night was cold, the spring nowhere in sight, winter seemed to have taken over. But Asuka didn’t mind, she loved seeing how the seasons one upped each other over and over, trying to be better than the other. After a long walk Asuka got to the district, she stopped.

The smile on the girls face was as wide as it could go, she could see shops, restaurants, people walking around from one place to another, deals being made. Asuka wasn’t any different. Her first stop, a jewelry shop. A pair of silver earrings got her attention, they were similar to the ones her mother used to wear. The image engraved in the earrings was of a crescent moon. “Miss, how much are this?” She asked pointing to the earrings. “2,000 yen dear.” The kind woman answered, the price made her head drop. Too expensive, oh well… she would need to start saving. “Thank you!” She smiled at the woman before running off, next shop weapons. She tried a few but most were too heavy for her, almost killed the store clerk before being rightly kicked out “Deaths in my shop are not good for business!” The man yelled before slamming the door.

Asuka went around shop by shop, meeting new people, learning where everything was. She did annoy a couple of store clerks by stating she was going to “Fight to get free stuff!” which granted her a kick in the butt and a slammed door to the face. But it didn’t drop her spirit as she continued on. Her nose made her stop in her tracks, she smelled the air. It seemed strange, coming from a distance. She took a deep breath again. Spice, she smelled spice, vegetables and… rice? No, it wasn’t rice. Noddle’s! Ramen! She smelled some delicious ramen, that was it, she was gonna eat Ramen tonight. She walked over to the place and walked in, the smell of ramen filled the air and her stomach grumbled. It wanted food, and it wanted it now. She looked around, but the sits that were already occupied had either two or four people seating in them and Asuka didn’t want to intrude.

Asuka never liked eating alone, usually sitting with a lone stranger and making a joke to break the ice. It worked, although reactions varied from person to person. She did one more sweep of the place and smiled as she saw a woman alone. She walked towards her and without asking sat down in front. “Hey mister!” She yelled to the cook “Bowl of Ramen for me please!” She smiled “And put it on her tab!” She pointed to the stranger in front of her. Few moments of silence passed and she started laughing “Kidding!” She yelled out, hoping the cook listened, if not she would pay the woman anyway. “I’m sorry.” She started as her laugh subsided “Just a good way to break the ice. I’m Uchiha Asuka! What’s your name miss?” A big smiled plastered on her face.

[WC=548]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The female’s attention was instantly drawn the commotion of the young girl that entered the restaurant it was clear that the peace that the Haku had enjoyed up to this point was about to become a distant memory.
“Hey Mister!” The young girl voice rang out over the other noise that filled the space, Yuki signed wishing that she was somewhere else other then her, resting her hand on her forehead she looked at the waitress that approached her watching as the old women placed the sake down in front of her. “Bowl of Ramen for me please!” The voice continued again as Yuki filled her cup “Put in on her tab!” this made the female look up from her drink she turned to the waitress who was still standing at the table she smiled awkwardly and mouthed a apology for the rudeness of the young stranger but Yuki held up her hand as to silent her, the old women didn’t need to apologize to her.

At last silence or at least for a few seconds “Kidding!” Yuki rolled her eyes only to find the girl walking over to her table and taking a seat introducing herself to the Captain. Her emerald eyes narrowed cutting through the girl, she allowed her charka to fill the space freeing the air to colder then it was outside.
“My name is Haku Yuki, ANBU Captain, Mistress of the Uchiha Household, Sole Surviving Heir to the Haku Clan, the wife of the soon to be Hokage and not someone that you want to annoy, which you are currently doing.” She brought the sake cup to her lips and took down the warm liquid never allowing her eyes to leave the small girl. “Now if you wouldn’t mind?” The Shinobi brought her hand up to call over the waitress.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka could feel the temperature from the room drop, this woman was strong if she could do that simply by letting her chakra out, at least… that’s what she figured she was doing. The girl laughed nervously as she heard Yuki speak, she was intimidating. Anbu captain at that, she had never met someone so powerful and it just made her… nervous. She did not want to cross her the wrong way, might get blasted to small tiny bits if that happened.

But more than fear, she felt admiration. “You’re so cool!” Asuka smiled widely, placing her arms on the table and her hands holding her chin. “Can you teach me how to do that with your chakra! Must make bad people sprint away from ya!” Asuka giggled, as the waiter came placed the ramen in front of her. With a wide smile she placed her hands together “Thank you for the food!” And started gulping it down. The taste was amazing, no wonder people like this place so much. Simply the food was enough to keep you in this place for hours “So goooood!” She said while eating, she stopped and looked at Yuki.

“So.” She started, wanting to befriend the strong Shinobi. “Do you have any adventure stories?! Any fun things you can tell me because I’m sure you’ve travelled all over the place! Must be fun being able to do all that stuff!” Asuka continued without dropping her smile, simply amazed, such a small sign of coolness could give Asuka a feeling of wonder and admiration towards the Shinobi seating in front of her. “Pleaaaaasee, tell me one cool thing you’ve done!” Asuka waited, her eyes shining for Yukis answer.

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki rolled her eyes as the young girl vomited forth yet more noise from her mouth, she said nothing just simply looked at her and sighed pouring herself another cup of Sake in the hopes that the alcohol would drown out her chatter, unfortunately that wasn’t the case. The young female finished her line of questioning and Yuki roller her eyes as she answered.
“No I can’t teach you to do that, you are not a Haku so that isn’t going to happen, it was my intention to get rid of something yes,” She looked straight at the girl that had now joined her and started eating “Seems like it didn’t work though" Yuki muttered that part half under her breath, "No, I don’t go on cool adventures. I am a ANBU we don’t have adventures we have missions.” There was a pause as the Uchiha expected a answer to her final question, Yuki responded hoping that this would be what she needed to make her annoyance leave her in peace “I killed an Academy Student once, that was pretty cool,” She didn’t take her eye off the girl as she spoke in the hopes that it would make her shut up.

There were a few seconds of silence between the two of them, Yuki looked at the skinny young thing and began to take pity on the Uchiha, she sorted of reminded her of herself when she was that age, the Haku brought her slender hand to her face and rubbed it, sighing once again louder this time swearing that she was growing soft with age.
“Look kid, I like your enthusiasm I really do but I am trying to relax and have a nice peaceful drink and a meal. If you are looking for someone to regale you with heroic stories of grand adventures, then you have come to the wrong person.” She drained her cup of Sake, before refilling it. “I will pay for your meal if you promise not to ask me anymore questions, deal?” She raised an eyebrow and awaited the girls response.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka smile faded once Yuki started to speak, well… she did like being the annoyance just not the kind of annoyance that made people sad or agitated. It seems she had overdone it a bit and figured this Captain had gone through some heavy stuff for her not to answer her questions. Well… how she killed an academy student was probably a sign that clearly stated “Go or die.” Although she highly doubted it would come to do that it did send a strong message.

“Your intention was to get rid of me. I ain’t as stupid as I look.” She sighed finishing her Ramen bowl. “No need to pay, I don’t like owing people favors or money, anything really. Sometimes it causes more trouble than it’s worth.” Her smile returned after that “Just wanted to break the ice, and it worked.” Asuka giggled placing her elbows on the table and hands on her chin. “Just for the record, never said they had to be heroic.” Her smile became wider. “But don’t worry, I’m not gonna ask you any more questions if you so wish. Aside from popular believe, I do respect people’s wishes… unless I’m angry.” The last part wasn’t meant as a threat… just an unnecessary detail, Asuka overshared meaningless details about her it gave people a sense that Asuka was an idiot and should be treated as such, it worked. Better for people to laugh at her than ask her questions.

Silence overtook the room, she wondered if she should go or stay… to be honest she did want to befriend the Shinobi since she seemed a genuinely good person. Besides the fact that she wanted to be friends with everybody.

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The female looked over at the young girl as she spoke and watched as the fire that was once in her eyes seemed to have died a little, she couldn’t help be feel responsible for it, her voice seemed to have also lost all joy, it was in that moment the Yuki realised what she had done she rolled her eyes and sighed draining her glass once again, she was definitely getting soft with age. The silence between the two was interrupted by the waitress that stood on the end of the table, she cleared her throat to get the older females attention.
“Madam are you wanting to order your food now?”
“Yes, a bowl of the seafood Ramen please, and some Jasmine tea for the young girl.” She smiled as the waitress trotted off to the kitchen to give them her order leaving the pair alone again, before Yuki welcome the silence, now it felt unbearable knowing that she had in some way broken the girls spirit a little.
“I am sorry I have been rude, you won’t be owing me a favour, think of it as an apology.” she put down her cup at looked at the girl this time she wasn’t trying to intimidate her. “Asuksa wasn’t it? I have been in your shoes before, your young and full of enthusiasm that is a good thing. I think you have heard enough about me, now what about you? What brought you here today?” She placed her elbow and rested her head on her palm waiting for her to start.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka smiled at the woman once she asked the waitress for tea. And her smile became wider one she spoke her first words. “Nah.” She said hopefully swatting the worries away with a motion of her hand. “You haven’t been rude, you just haven’t met an annoyingly cute princess like me!” Asuka giggled “I’ll drink the tea with pleasure! Thanks!” Even though she knew Yuki wasn’t doing it as a favor but rather an apology she would still be paying the bill for bulging in uninvited, even though her manner knowledge was close to none she did have common sense… although if the ANBU captain decided to fight for the right to the bill, Asuka knew she wouldn’t last long.

Her next words made her giggle, now it was Asuka’s turn to answer question and to be honest she didn’t mind one bit. As long as they weren’t ones she couldn’t answer such as the blank spaces in her memory. “Hmmm…” She placed a finger on her chin, thinking. But there wasn’t anything to think about, the answer was quite simple. “The smell. I was exploring around the village and smelled the delicious Ramen I just ate.” She giggled “It was definitely worth it.” Asuka smiled, waiting to see if there would be another question.

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The female couldn’t help but smile, what is it with Uchiha’s and ramen, it wasn’t too long her the waitress came back with her own meal placing it down on the table in front of her. A few seconds later one of the other waitresses brought over a teapot and two cups pouring a glass of the murky hot liquid for each of them, a sweet smell stream twisted from the tea. She smiled at the pair in thanks and watched as the scuttled away to serve the rest of the patrons, the Haku took a deep breath getting a nose full of the aroma, the smell of fish and subtle undertones of gingers dance on her palette, she grinned before turning to address Asuka again.
I find it hard to believe that ramen was the only reason that you found yourself here” She took another sip of sakes and slid one of the cups of freshly poured tea of to the young girl, taking a mouthful of her ramen enjoying the flavour, “You’re an Academy Student, right? What made you think that she Shinobi life was one for you?” You seem a little young to make that kinda decision, so what was it parents push you into or you looking to avenge someone?” Yuki had known a lot of students and the normally fell into one of those two categories, her reasons were simply because she had nothing else, being a Shinobi gave her a purpose, finished her cup of Sake she began eating her ramen waiting for the girl to respond.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka took the tea smiling, clapping her hands around the cup. She took a long sniff out of it. "Awww, tea." She completely adored tea, it was probably her favorite beverage and she guessed Yukio did too because once she tasted it she went into a state of happiness... it was simply too beautiful the feeling that it can't be placed in words. Asuka listened to Yuki ask what was her reason to become a Shinobi. God damn... this Shinobi had insight, but well she was an ANBU captain so it did make sense. But it was still something she didn't like talking about, on the other hand she couldn't avoid a direct question like that. One of the things she lived for and would rather die was lying. She never lied... and this case wouldn't break her streak.

She looked at the liquid inside the cup and took a long sigh. Here was the part where people dismissed her. "I don't know." She said laughing nervously, looking at the eyes of the captain. Asuka scratched the back of her head. "One day I was in my village." She moved her hands from one end of the table to the other. "The next I was enrolled in the academy. Since I can't remember much I just rolled with it." She took another sip of the cup. "Turned out well if you ask me."

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The Haku raised an eyebrow and finished her cup of Sake, she didn’t believe the young girls story for a second, but she wasn’t about to press the matter she was entitled to her secrets, at least for now. The Academy seemed to be the place that lost and broken things ended up, it was tragic really but then again that’s life at lot of the local child would have lost parents in various conflicts, after all the life of the Shinobi was one that was drenched in danger they lived on what if’s not constants.

“I joined the academy cause my brothers did, well they aren’t really my brother’s, but I was raised by their parents, I was abandoned my mine, left in the snow. They both dropped out in the end, tried to convince me to do the same but I was determined not to and I am pretty stubborn. Then I meet Takeshi we trained together and then after a while he asked me to marry him and here we are now.” She smiled at the end, even though being a ANBU captain was hard work she was proud of how far she had come. “The thing is little Rabbit, you need to embrace what brought you here, keep hold of that and use it to better yourself. The way I look at it, my parents abandoning me was the best thing that could’ve ever happened to me.” She lent in closer to the girl, “So what was the real reason that brought you here?” Yuki looked into the child’s hoping to get the truth from here.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka sighed as she took another sip of her tea, she really appreciated Yuki's story. It was nice to know that such a badass, cause she was a badass... there's a reason she became a captain, ANBU captain none the less, came from the Academy just like her, that proved to her more that hard work payed off. She wanted to be like her. Either way, she knew Yuki wouldn't believe her, no one did but Asuka couldn't blame her it did sound crazy, it did sound like a lie.

"To be honest." She said giving the girl a warm smile. "I do appreciate you telling me your life story, just..." She stopped trying to find the right words. "Just makes me want to work harder so I can become like you!" She giggled, the smile never leaving her face. "As for your question, it can be taken two ways. Why am I in the restaurant? Or why am I in the academy or Konoha?" She sighed. "One, the smell. Second I saw you and figured you were a Shniobi, I looove talking with Shinobi." She smiled "As for the same question, same answer. I don't know, from my village to Konoha and the Academy I don't remember, Huge blank, Kapoot!" She giggled again, taking another sip from her tea.

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The Haku watched as the girl spoke, she could tell by looking at her face was still wasn’t telling the truth of her reason for coming here but Yuki decided against pushing the matter any further. Draining the last of the Sake that she had ordered and finishing the last of her ramen Yuki leant back on the seat her head a little fuzzy from the Sake but she was in no danger is getting drunk, as Asuka continued speaking she poured herself so tea, the natural sweetness of the tea danced over her pallet, it wasn’t just the ramen here that was unbeatable the tea was pretty good to. Finishing her cup she placed in on the table and turned her attention back to the Uchiha.

“I think I like you Uchiha Asuka,” She said resting her finger on her chin. “You have a certain something that they can’t teach you at the Academy.” She leant forward placing her elbows on the table resting her face on the back of her palms. “What do you want to be, what are you end goals Asuka?” Her emerald eyes looked into the female Uchiha’s, there was something about this girl, there was a potential that caught the Haku attention. She had the drive and ambition to do great things, all she needed was the right push. "How about I take you under my wing, I can show you the ropes and besides I could use a new student," She grinned, her face was fox like as the possibilities ran through her head.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka smiled as she heard Yuki speak, having one more sip from her tea. "I'm glad you like me!" She said giggling "Wouldn't be good to have the ANBU captain as an enemy, hate to be on guard every five seconds." She joked, she knew even if the Shinobi hated her, Yuki had enough decency to leave her alone... or at least that's what she thought. Unfortunately it didn't seem the older shinobi believed her, well... it would be a chat for another time.

What did she aspire to be? To be honest, she didn't really place much thought to it. She would rather live in the present than constantly look into the future, but to be true to herself, it wasn't that hard. Asuka was pretty straight forward. "I want to be a strong Shinobi that places fear into the eyes of bad people!" She said throwing a fist into the air. "In the end... I want to be the one protecting instead of being protected, at least not be a nuisance to those trying their best to take care of me." She scratched her head, laughing nervously. "I know it's kind of silly, but it's the only thing that pops into my head when I think about the future."

Yuki's next words took her by surprise... she must've misheard what was just said... under her wing? "Huh..." She said, she couldn't believe it rather than not hearing. Asuka? An ANBU'S student? And a powerful captain at that. She... she was loss of words. For a few seconds silence overtook them, once the words actually hit home within Asuka's easily distracted mind, she stood up, placing her hands on the table. A big smile on her face. "Really?!" Her face couldn't contain her excitement. "I would absolutely love to become your student! It would be an honor and so cool! And And..." Asuka realized her flat out personality was starting to show. She sat down again, with am embarassed blush on her face. "I will very gladly accept your over Yuki-sensei." She said bowing her head. "Will never be able to repay your kindness."

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki sat silently and nodded listening to the girls dreams and goals, all that she aspired to do was completely achievable given the right push, she couldn’t help but feel her smile grow wider as her offer of tutoring Asuka finally sunk in and the girl gleefully responded showering the Haku with praise. The ANBU found it funny so she couldn’t help but to giggle a little watching the girl bounce around, oh how naïve you are Yuki though to herself knowing that her teaching wasn’t going to be easy on the young Uchiha but it would get her ready for the hardships of what was to come next.

The female downed the last of the Sake in the jug before her getting to her feet, she slammed both her palms on the table and smiled brightly her cheeks a little rosy from the booze in her system.
“I will call for you when I think you are ready to train with me, till then keep your head down little Rabbit” as the female spoke she ruffled the girl’s dark hair. Yuki took a handful of Yen placing it on the table before leaving the restaurant and going back to the cool nights air.
[Topic left]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka could not believe what had just happened, it seemed she had just gotten a sensei.... but not just any teacher. An ANBU captain. The smile on Asuka's girl could not have been wider. She stood up after her new Teacher and bowed respectfully to her. I promise I will not let you down. Thank you very much." With that Asuka stood behind, waiting for her teacher to leave first. After she was gone and it seemed as though she wasn't able to hear Asuka. She lost it.

Asuka started jumping back and forth, this truly was a very exciting day. She started jumping forward, towards the exit, singing a happy tune. She could feel the stares she was getting but didn't really care. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and she was not going to waste it. Once out of the restaurant she looked up to the sky and made a promise with herself. "From now on. I'm gonna work 100 times as hard." With a smile on her face she started making her way home.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back