Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Awakening [Private] [Bloodline Application]

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Some time had passed since the incident at the forest with the Hokage and Academy boys. Reicheru had been able to avoid telling her mother about it, telling her that she had been out training with Hiroshi when Akane asked why she was out so late. She couldn't bring herself to say that she had put herself in such a position, ultimately getting scolded by a Sennin - the Sennin of her own mother's branch at that. While she was filled with anxiety in the days that followed that her mother may hear about it, the days passed by peacefully and so it seemed as though Kenshin had not said anything to her. Were it not for the presence of the boys at the academy, she may have almost entirely forgotten about the whole thing.

Ultimately, fate would not be so kind nor let her get off so easily. Arriving home late one night, Reicheru slowed as she approached the door, hearing tense voices from the other side. A few scenarios flashed through her mind, most of them involving intruders; and so she reached in her pouch and gripped a kunai before mustering her nerve and opening the door. Suddenly, half a dozen sets of eyes landed on her. Scanning the room with a furrowed brow, her courage melted into confusion as recognition set in. "Obaasan? Ojiisan?" In the center of the room, her maternal grandparents stood with command, causing the others to almost blend into the background. Her mother, standing nearest to the door, moved to put herself between her parents and Reicheru. Her mother's brother, Uncle Daisuke, and his wife, Aunt Kaori, sat on the opposite side of the room, their son Hiroshi behind them. Their voices had quieted when Reicheru entered, but each face was tight and tense. Her grandparents never came around, and when they did things were often strained, but not quite like this. "What's…what's going on?" she finally managed to get out.

"Incredible. Tell me, are you playing dumb or are you really that dense?" her grandmother spat, her words dripping with contempt. "I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised; I had truly hoped that you would take after your mother, but you've clearly inherited as much of his brains as you have his looks." Looking her granddaughter up and down, the Nanjirou woman shook her head and sighed. "My god, it's like he was cloned. What a shame."

"Alright Mama, that's enough." Reicheru's mother inserted herself, moving to stand more directly between the two. "No, I have held my tongue long enough-" "Held your tongue?!" Akane practically erupted, "For fifteen years I've taken your judgment, your prideful dismissal of my family and my choices-" "And do you like where those choices have gotten you?" the grandmother shot back, continuing on and not allowing her daughter to interrupt again, "Married to a nobody, a full grown man who never ranked past Chuunin and made a living teaching children how to make a basic clone. The fifth son of a no-name shop keep whose own family couldn't seem to keep itself alive, with one brother not a competent enough shinobi to make it out alive during a mission, and the other too sickly to ever even become one!"

Reicheru's mind was reeling; how could she speak about her father that way? No one had ever said a bad word about Gorou; he had been among the kindest men in the village, always going above and beyond the call of duty in every area of his life. She couldn't see her mother's face, and so turned to her aunt and uncle; the last comment seemed to strike a chord, as they looked first to each other and then to Hiroshi. Reicheru recalled her cousin telling her about the winter he had almost died as a toddler from a rare illness. It had left a mark, and though he survived he struggled to come back from sicknesses that most shinobi would have no trouble with. Her cousin seemed as shocked to hear the condemnation from their grandmother as she was, his face a mixture of hurt and anger.

"Looks like it runs in the family, not being able to keep himself alive during a mission!" their grandmother mused, hand to her chin. Reicheru's mother clenched her fist, and opened her mouth without a sound coming out. Wrenching her neck to the side, Reicheru could see a tear streaming down her mother's face.

[WC: 744]

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Finally, Akane spoke. "Leave."

Lowering her hand and raising an eyebrow, Reicheru's grandmother's mouth tightened and twisted while her eyes narrowed on her oldest child. "No, Akane. You know why we're here," as she spoke, her hand floated toward the katana on her hip. "Besides, are you going to make me leave?" Before her mother could answer, Reicheru stepped in front of her to stand face-to-face with her grandmother. Jaw tight, fist clenched, and mouth dry, the young child remembered her slip up in the forest; she had over-stepped her bounds, spoken to an elder and higher ranking shinobi where it was not her place. This…this was different. "This is our home. This is the home of my father, whose memory you have insulted. You are not welcome in this home."

The older Nanjirou's eyes narrowed in on the child before her. "And this is why we are here. If we heard that you were out in the village, shooting off your ungrateful mouth to your superiors - the Hokage, at that! - surely it has been heard all over Konoha. Your father clearly didn’t know how to teach you any sort of manners or respect. You taint the Nanjirou name with your actions, and we are here to deal with it." Yet another jab at her father sent Reicheru over the edge, and she shot back with a rage, "If this is what it is to be a Nanjirou, I want no part of it! You are a stench to the spirit of Konohagakure!"

Tears in her eyes as she yelled at her grandmother, Reicheru could hardly see what happened next. She felt her mother put her hands on her shoulders and suddenly thrust her across the room. Stunned and confused as she slammed into the wall, she quickly wiped her face and turned back to see that her grandmother had unsheathed her katana, which now rested where Reicheru had been standing only a moment ago. "No one, not even my own blood - no, especially not my own blood - speaks about our clan that way." A fire burned in the older woman's deep violet eyes as she pushed back her children, who had also drawn their weapons and were attempting to stop her pursuit of the child. They were no match, and suddenly Reicheru could feel the blade over her.

Scrambling away, she dodged one strike and then another, her size and recent training aiding her escape amidst the chaos. Given her grandmother's experience, however, she knew she couldn’t keep this up forever. Quickly scanning the room, she didn't see her own katana anywhere. Desperate, she picked up the first thing her hands could find - an odd little contraption that sat atop a low shelf. It looked like a mixture between a sword hilt and a grenade, a trigger acting as a sort of hand guard. She could… throw it at her? With no time left to think, Reicheru pulled the trigger on the contraption and prepared for anything - an explosion, a smoke bomb, a taser - anything except for what actually happened. From the top of the hilt a heavy blade shot forward, assembling itself at lightening speed. It reached it's full length just as her grandmother's sword came crashing down against it.

In that instant, a strange burst of wind shot out from where one metal met the other, filling the room and bringing the chaos of the family reunion to a crescendo before settling into an eerie silence. Reicheru felt something awaken inside of her as she looked up at the blade in her hand. She could almost sense another type of chakra blanketing her, protecting her, and blending with her own. It felt… older, hardened; and yet also in perfect harmony with its young and inexperienced wielder. Reicheru had always excelled in combat with a sword, but had recently abandoned it because she had never felt this sort of connection the way her Nanjirou side of the family had. Her hand trembled, not with fear now but with excitement as she moved her gaze from this strange weapon to up to her grandmother's eyes. They were fixated on the sword her granddaughter held, mouth slightly ajar with confusion, sadness, and anger. Slowly, she stood straight and put her own blade away. "Where… did… where did you get that?" She asked, turning to her oldest daughter.

"Granddad gave it to Gorou when Reicheru was born," her mother answered, her eyes also fixed on the mechanical blade but moving to lock with her mother's as she continued, "You would know if you had been there." Silently the family sheathed their blades, one by one, wondering what move the matriarch would make next. She turned to her husband, who to this point had said nothing. "We will discuss this later, when everyone can think a little more clearly." His voice was stoic, and his face nearly emotionless, only a slight hint of curiosity betraying him as he looked again at the sword in Reicheru's hand. Her grandparents moved toward the door together, but her grandmother paused and looked back at Reicheru for a last time. "That blade is deserving of great respect, more than you can understand. Do not disappoint me by tarnishing it." With that they left, and those left in the house let out a collective sigh of relief.

There was much to discuss… but that could wait until the morning.

[WC: 909]
[TWC: 1,653]

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Reicheru got up the next morning, she found that the house was quiet and, strangely, put together. Her mom had gotten up early and rid their home of the signs of the previous night's scuffle, putting everything back in it's place. Well, almost everything. Rei looked down at the odd little contraption she held in her hand; she had barely slept the night before, more because she was tinkering with the mechanisms of the sword than because of what had transpired with her grandparents. The technology seemed older but sophisticated, clearly having benefitted from the Leaf's focus on developing new tech in the past. Blade retracted, she put the device in her back pouch almost without thinking, already feeling unnatural not to have it on her person.

She found her mother on the back porch which overlooked a small field. Akane hadn't put her usual gear on, but instead sat on their bench in her street attire with her eyes closed, blonde locks falling around her face and gently blowing in the early morning breeze. "We do need to talk about what happened in the forest," Akane said with her eyes still closed as her daughter approached the bench. Feeling her stomach tighten, Reicheru looked down at her feet and fidgeted with her hands behind her back. "But not today," her mother said in a hushed tone, opening her eyes and taking Rei's hands, pulling her to sit down with her.

"Mama… I have so many questions…" Reicheru began, replaying the events of the night before in her mind, chocking back new tears as she remembered her grandmother's harsh words about her father. "I'm sure you do, and we can talk about them all, right now or whenever you're ready. But before we do, I need you to know two things." The older blonde stroked her daughter's dark locks while she spoke. "The first is that your father was a great man. Never let anyone tell you differently. My mother, she… well…" Akane trailed off, lips pursed and jaw tight. She relaxed as a small blue bird landed on the porch next to them, smiling as it sang out to its companions. "She brings me to the second thing you need to know, which is that she also had a great father. Your hii-ojiichan Hayate was a fierce protector of his family, and your grandmother is very committed to continuing to honor his name and his clan, albeit in her own way. He gave that sword to your father on the day you were born. Poor Gorou, he was mortified - his expertise had always been ninjutsu, he had never held a blade in his life! He didn't know how to tell my grandfather that, but the truth is that the gift wasn't really for him."

Akane looked down at her daughter with a smile. "It was for you. He knew he wouldn't be around to see you grow up and enter the academy, so he put a seal on the blade that would bind his soul to it when he passed. It's a common tradition among our family, but typically we pair with the blade we used in life. My mom didn't know that Granddad Hayate had bonded himself to another sword, one he made specifically for you." Reicheru's brow furrowed, eyes filling with some confusion. She opened her mouth, but before she could ask her question her mother answered, "My brother married another Nanjirou. There would be no shortage of blades for Hiroshi to pair with. You had fewer options. And of course, the other thing you're probably wondering: your father and I were going to give it to you together, so when he passed… I couldn't ever seem to find the right time. I am sorry that I kept it from you. But your aunt tells me that it has forced you to go outside of your comfort zone a bit, so for that I'm glad."

Reicheru pulled the hilt from her pouch, running over it in her hands. As she and her mother sat there in the morning light, she determined one thing: she may be a Nanjirou after all, but she remained Saitou Reicheru all the same. The lack of a prestigious clan name didn't make anyone a nobody, and she would prove it.

[Topic Left]

[WC: 720]
[TWC: 2,373]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back