Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Awakening the Mind [Solo]

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
YBdoUNv.png
[lb2]
Sitting on the cushion of the Priestess of the clan was a three-tailed white kitsune of fifteen years old, donning the regal white robes of the ruling matriarch of the clan. Tailors had worked hard to get the entire outfit to match the size of the teenager and the result showed. It matched the kitsune perfectly. To her right stood the trusted figure of her uncle Yatsu, his vigilant look supervising the gathering of kitsune as they stepped inside the main temple to take a place in between the crowd that grew larger by the minute. Dozens of eyes were watching the young Priestess before them, the remotely familiar face of Misaki no longer seen as that of the bratty child but now expected to lead the entire clan as their matriarch. The pressure was almost unbearable, Misaki requiring all of her strength of mind to not break out in a nervous panic as she had no real idea of what she was supposed to do. Her mother had not prepared her for this. Not at all. And Misaki had no reference to fall back to since she had never seen her mother deal with anything like this. A strong hand pressed on her shoulder, uncle Yatsu giving her a brief but rare smile, mouthing that she'd be fine. Then as the gongs resonated gently through the air to announce the start of the gathering, the temple doors briefly closed for this rare occasion.

Yatsu stepped forward, raising his hand to deaden the murmurs and wild gossip still lingering in a hushed tone, total silence followed soon. Silence only broken by the gong's reverberation maintained by a single kitsune miko.

"Be adviced. Priestess Akiko is no longer among us, leaving the seat to her daughter Misaki Aikayume of the main branch. From today until a new heiress is discovered, she assumes the role of matriarch and Priestess of the clan. May her ancestral wisdom guide us well."

He would turn to Misaki and bow deeply, the sign for all others to do the same. The whole crowd bowing in reverence for the new Priestess now leading them. Proud yet at the same time feeling unease with this much praise, the young kitsune thanked them and requested them to stand up again.

"Priestess, the word is yours.", Yatsu stated, taking his former position at her right side. Long seconds of quietude would come to pass as Misaki tried to find the words she had to say, the foxes before her sitting there expectantly for something exciting to happen.
"I... Thank you. Thank you for the honour. I will do my best to preserve the pride and maintain our good reputation as a clan of Sunagakure."

Warm smiles would be shared, nods of confirmation and acknowledgement. Genuine warmth of countless fluffy tailed companions. Then silence again, as Misaki felt rather lost not having prepared any speech of sort. How could she even know about this, pampered for so long, protected from an inevitable future? The dark clouds of loneliness she had barely been able to surpass lurked closer again, but then clarity of mind chased away again as the Foxfire Blood suddenly blazed to life within her veins. For a single moment, visions of the past seemed to flood her mind as she saw former Priestesses lead the meetings and the rituals. Showing her the way, whispering the words in her ear. Just one second, then she was left alone to lead again.

"As first order of the day...", Misaki began, repeating the words she had heard just a moment ago. "Aikayume Shizuka, please step forward."

The crowd looked about them, looking for the kitsune bearing this name. Out of the shadows with the slightest of sounds rose a black-haired kitsune. The girl knew what this was about, and the kitsune knew who she was. Prejudiced whispers travelled in the back of the crowd, others amazed that a kitsune carrying a dark destiny as hers was being called forward. As Misaki beckoned, Shizuka stepped forward and awaited the Priestess' verdict.

"You stepped up in a moment I was at my weakest by intruding upon the sacred pool and helping me finish a ritual of high importance. Where many would consider this a sacrilege, I can only show you my gratitude for allowing the future to exist. You were destined to bear a life of darkness, hiding your true potential from our sight for so long. On that holy day, you showed your power by going there where no one would have dared to tread. For this, I would like to offer you the position of being my personal hand maiden for I could not imagine me being here if you were not at my side that day."

Astonishment. Confusion. Shizuka of the branch family. A girl born dead before she decided on life. A girl of which the onmyouji revealed a dark and difficult future. She was now being chosen? The crowd looked askance, Shizuka feeling the pressure burn in her back. Jealousy, envy. She wanted to step down and decline, return to the mediocre life she always had but what she saw when she raised her eyes to meet Misaki's made her jaw drop open. The violet aura of the foxfire surrounding the Priestess, a multitude of ethereal tales dancing as the former Priestesses manifested themselves behind Misaki. Hands resting on her shoulder and head like they were watching over a cherished child, beckoning Shizuka closer as if they themselves invited her, encouraged her.

The vision faded as her mind seemed to return to reality again, leaving Misaki to look at her as she awaited a reply. A fifteen year old girl in need of a good friend, a personal assistant that could help her bear the burden of being the matriarch. Having made up her mind, Shizuka would bow deeply. "It will be my honour.", her mellow voice said, simple and short, unlocking a bright smile from Misaki. Accepted, she was beckoned to get closer, and as she neared the new Priestess Misaki embraced her tightly. Shizuka would sit on Misaki's left side, averting her gaze from the crowd before her. To her surprise, she was applauded for her new position with wagging tails to boot. She'd allow herself a faint, bashful smile as thanks.

"As the second point of today... It came to my attention we've been neglecting the small shrines in the Levels as of late. Can anyone tell me what happened?"
"A plague of bakemono has broken out. We're doing our best to get it quenched but we may be a bit short handed. We're also looking to find the source of the outbreak."
"I'll see if I can find some volunteers to assist you. And if i can, I'll be joining you as well. Is everyone exorcising there fine?"
"The people aren't very cooperative and we're getting tired too, but otherwise we're fine."
"Great. Be sure to take good care of yourselves, we'll get this fixed sooner than later."

Some kitsune would shift places, gather up with the few exorcist as they snuggled and shared some support and information. Volunteers were quickly found to add to the troops and it looked like some respite would soon be granted to the few priests generally appointed to that area. A sense of pride for this collective of bushy tailed men and women rose within Misaki's chest, that familial sense giving off a pleasant warmth. There was just one more thing to handle now and that was the small shrine in Sora which was in need of support.

"One last point left. The former priestess tending to the fox shrine in Sora has passed away and would require a new priestess to inhabit it, conduct rituals and maintain Inari's light. Is there anyone who'd feel like moving to Sora and play a pivotal role there?"

The crowd would whisper among each other as vulpine eyes looked around until a single hand rose. An older woman would stand and plead her case.

"Priestess, I believe my apprentice might be up to the task. She is about to finish her studies as a miko. Being born in Sora and having grown up there until she was old enough to take on apprenticeship I believe she might make an ideal choice.", she placed her hands on younger kitsune, barely shorter in size than herself, the difference only being in the amount of tails the two bore. Proud and yet unsure the miko would also raise to her feet.
"Akane, right? Would you like to return home after you finished your studies?"
"Yes, Priestess. I miss my friends there."
"Very well. As soon as your teacher considers you fully learned, you have my blessing to watch over the shrine in Sora. Be sure to keep in touch with your mentor."
"Thank you, Priestess."

Smiles were shared, nothing left to talk about. Misaki would ask the other clergy if they had anything to bring up but that didn't seem to be the case. As the meeting came to an end, the gong resonated once more and the gates opened up again. A meeting such as this... It was a rare event. The doors to the temple were usually kept open, but this time the people would be left guessing as what had transpired within the temple.

[EXIT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back