Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

B-rank Solo Self-modded Mission: Home Visit Part 1

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Most of the time, the hospital would receive patients from everywhere and the staff would be busy with handling the various cases. Kiri had his fair share of toxic work schedule in the hospital because of cases like these. Often than not, something would happen that at the very moment he would be signing off from his working hours in the hospital, in comes a group of problems. Not that he hated it, though he didn’t like it either. Who in their right minds would rejoice in the fact that people would get injured? And of course, it wasn’t just because of his duty nor his responsibility as a mednin-in-training, but because he truly wants to help out that he would volunteer to stay and help with the staff to take care of the injured.

Today, however, it would be different. As with rare cases, some of the patients would not be able to come to the hospital at all. Most of the time, these cases involved difficulty for the patients– either bedridden or some other reasons that would make the journey be unfeasible for them. But this time, it wasn’t of those. In fact, the very reason why Kiri was being sent to the houses wasn’t for any serious medical condition or plight of journey. It was simply because the people in the said list were too stubborn to heed the call of the hospital for their annual check-ups and so they sent him inside to make sure they were alive. And who were they?

A knock on one of the doors, yet there was only silence. Kiri walked to the side of the small cottage and leaned towards the window. It was closed and the linen curtain was draped over that he could barely see what was beyond the glass. But he was fairly certain that this was the house of the person he was addressed to meet. He looked around once more. It was daytime and there were only a few people out in the streets in this silent and laid back town. It was a small town in the lowlands and it was where most of the retired shinobis lived. And his most arduous task of the day was to find the man.

“Hey, who are you?” a voice called out.

Kiri quickly turned around to find an old man with greying hair. He looked rather mean and experience was carved along his face as many scars. He was wearing an old jacket and a scarf to keep him warm. Quickly, Kiri would respond, “I’m a Mednin… in training…from Kumogakure. I was sent here to meet with a certain Juzo. That’s you, I suppose.”

“Hmmp. Mednin? Just the thing I need,” then the man would quickly raise a hand and a blade would launch itself from inside the sleeves of the jacket and barely missed Kiri as it flew past his face and hit the wall of the house. “Don’t the academy teach you not to expose yourself so easily like that? What if I was the enemy?”

“I’m so sorry. But I’ve long already decided that whether if the person is an enemy or not, I will do what I can as a medic to help them. So please, without further ado, let me take your vitals and make sure you’re fit,” Kiri said with a firm tone, which may have taken the old man aback. However, as it would seem that the lad was far from turning back on this said mission of his, the old man sighed in resignation and ended up allowing Kiri to enter the house. After all, as a retired shinobi, he somehow knows the difficulty of what these new generations have to go through. Indeed, the large-scale wars may no longer be threatening on a daily basis, but the branches would have to develop new ways to keep the new generations up and about.

Inside the house, Kiri would pull out a document from the backpack he brought and began the check-up. First, he had to make sure that the patient was the correct person, asking for some important details that were already previously known, and updating any new information. For starters, he had to make sure that whatever lingering illness there was, it was the same or hopefully had been cured. This old man, Juzo, seemed to be doing fine and his diabetes seemed to be under control. After a bit of paperwork cross-checking, Kiri would begin with a simply physical exam. He took the vitals, a bit of blood sample for the laboratory to use later on, and a quick memorisation test. He was glad that the check-up turned out fine and there wasn’t anything new to report about. Still, he had to remind Juzo-san to keep in touch, especially since he had apparently avoided at least three other mednins who had tried to come to him and ask for his check-up.

“Hmmp. Well, it doesn’t matter. If I’m on the verge of dying, I’ll just knock on your doors.”

“No, no, no. I’ll make sure to visit again and make certain you’re not on the verge of dying,” said Kiri as he packed his things. “Well then, thank you for your time, Juzo-san. Please take care. And no throwing kunais at strangers.”

WC: 897

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back