Back to Basics [ANBU Class]

Haku Yuki

Jun 11, 2013
Yen
ASP
SmartSelect_20200508-081208_Autodesk SketchBook.jpgYuki walked through the hallway of the Academy, it was early enough in the morning for the corridors and classroom to still be empty, the Haku was wearing her full ANBU attire, mask on and her hair was black to hide her identity, in her arms she carried several heavy looking textbooks, they here old, you could tell that by looking at them. The pages had a yellowish tinge to them and the spines and hardback covers were dotted with nicks and tears from years of repeated use, they were probably the same textbooks that she herself was given by her own teacher when she first showed interest in becoming an ANBU. It was strange that this place brought back so many memories the female wasn’t sure if it was the smell of the chalk or the sound that her footsteps made as they echoed down the hall, they were good memories at least, ones from a time when life was a lot less complicated.

The shinobi stopped outside one of the classrooms, she signed as she juggled the load that was in her arms trying to get a free hand to slide open one of the door, cursing under her breath as she tried to avoid dropping anything on the floor, after a few moments of struggling she eventually got the door open, it was times like this that she was glad that she was early. Walking into the room Yuki placed what she was carrying on the desk at the front of the class with a heavy thud and looked out over the several desks that filled the space before turning to face the chalkboard, taking a stick on chalk in her hands she wrote the word “Youkai”, her ANBU call sign and what she was called when she was in her uniform, she then took a seat at the desk leaning back resting her feet on the surface and waiting for the new hopefuls to arrive.

[WC: 325/1,500]

[OOC]

Just a few rules to go over before we start, please keep to the posting order to avoid confusion (this isn’t enforced it is just polite so you’re not jumping ahead before someone else gets a chance to post) , you each have a limit of 72 hours to post before moving on to the next person. If you can’t post within that time limit please let me know if you don’t you will get a strike, 3 strikes your out and you don’t get rewards for the lesson. That being said we are here to have fun first and foremost.

Remember you need 5 Posts EACH, with a minimum of 1500 Word Limit.

Attachments

Miyazaki Hikaru

Apr 26, 2020
Yen
ASP
OOC Rank
D-Rank
Hikaru walked over to the main area of the Academy from the Library, lost in her thoughts once again. Another ANBU class... she was looking forward to meeting more experienced ninja from her village face-to-face, but she felt that another intense session would be enough ANBU training for several months, if her first was any indication. It was a good sign that it was taking place in a classroom- although the lesson on quick thinking and chakra usage from Soku had been a great one, the girl had to admit that sitting in a chair and taking notes sounded nice for a change. Anyways, it would be a good chance to meet more of her classmates.

As she rounded a corner, the classroom door came into her view. Hikaru began a long yawn and placed her hand on the door, waiting for her tired body to allow her to walk inside. She wore the same thing she had been just a few minutes ago at the library- a short-sleeved robe colored a pale blue-purple over a black t-shirt, with dark gray pants and a worn pair of boots. Her vision went fuzzy for a moment as her yawn ended, and she blinked a few times before entering the room.

The classroom was empty except for a woman at the front of the room; the teacher, she guessed. Hikaru dipped her head quickly to her and sat down, opting for a spot close to the front. From her seat, the girl stared up at the board at the front and the word printed there - ‘Youkai’. She was pretty sure she knew what a Youkai was; she remembered reading something about them, and was unsure what place one of those had in an ANBU class. The ANBU were always unexpected, though, she recalled as her gaze slid towards the woman sitting at the frontmost desk piled with ancient-looking books. She, too, wore a cryptic mask to cover her face, outlined by her black hair and similarly-colored attire. She was every bit as intimidating as Soku, and how she managed that without the missing arm was equally impressive. Hikaru quickly glanced away and waited- dividing her attention between the chalkboard and the door, watching for others to enter.

[WC: 375]
-
PC: 1/5
TWC: 375/1500

Uchiha Mirio

Apr 18, 2020
Yen
ASP
OOC Rank
C
Mirio sat in the library, reading a book on Genjutsu. It always seemed to come easy to Mirio and he also liked training and learning new Genjutsu in his free time. It was early in the morning, not many students were in the academy at this time, only the ones that took initiative and were eager to learn.

Mirio closed the book before getting up and exiting the library. He had signed up for an ANBU class that was about to start in a few minutes and Mirio wasn’t keen on being late. Making his way through the halls, the boy wondered what the class would be on. First time doing an ANBU class. I wonder what it’s gonna be about. I still haven’t done my homework from my last class... Oh well, no rest for the wicked, I guess

Finally arriving to the classroom he was supposed to be in, the boy opened the door. Mirio is wearing a light grey tracksuit and some white sneakers. He glances over at the ANBU at the desk and assumes that’s the teacher. He looks over at one other student that he’s never met before. Figuring that probably more than two people signed up for the class, the boy takes a seat right next to Hikaru. ”Name’s Mirio, Uchiha Mirio. I’m a student here obviously and I got cool eyes. What’s your name?” he asks her.

[WC: 232]
[TWC: 232/1,500]

Last edited:

Haku Yuki

Jun 11, 2013
Yen
ASP
The female was sat leaning back in the chair with her eyes closed when she heard the door open for the first time, she slowly opened her eyes as a cat would that had just been disturbed from a nap. Not moving from her position she looked at the newcomer through her mask and remained silent simply watching her as she took at the seat in the classroom, she knew it had to be a sign of her getting older as the students looked like they were getting younger, she kept an eye on the girl, taking in her features silently. The Shinobi stayed like that for a few minutes, the silence unbroken before another student entered the room, a boy this time, introduced himself to the girl that had already taken her seat. An Uchiha, they are everywhere it seems Yuki waited to see if anyone else would be joining them but it seemed like it was just the two of them. She signed and stretched out her limbs sitting up as she did, Yuki got to her feet using the desk as support as she did and stood in front of the chalkboard, clearing her throat before she addressed the class.

"Greetings, you are to address me as Youkai and today I will be teaching you about the basics of becoming an ANBU, these skills that you learn today will be invaluable whether or not you chose to pursue this path or not," She paused and placed her hand on top of the pile of tomes that house the secrets of her profession, " I would like both of you to come forward, take one of these textbooks, tell me your name as well as what your reasons for coming to this lesson today,"

[WC: 297]
[Total Word Count: 622/1,500]

Reactions: Uchiha Mirio

Miyazaki Hikaru

Apr 26, 2020
Yen
ASP
OOC Rank
D-Rank
Hikaru looked up when the boy entered, and gave him a smile as he chose the seat next to her. She had a feeling attendance to the impending class would be sparse, especially this early in the morning; even so, it was nice to see another new face. As he introduced himself, she looked at his eyes for a moment. They weren’t exactly what she would call cool, although they did have a somewhat unique hue to them. He was another Uchiha, so that meant he probably had their fancy brand of doujutsu. She answered, “I’m Miyazaki Hikaru. I like to think I have pretty cool eyes too, but-”

She broke off as the woman at the front of the classroom made a move. Listening attentively, she glanced back at the board where the word ‘Youkai’ was written- it was a name, not an entity, and probably not the kunoichi’s real one. The name certainly added to her somewhat intimidating presence. Invaluable skills, for both ANBU and not- that was good to hear. According to her limited knowledge of the most secretive of branches, they functioned as a much more extreme version of the Main Branch: carrying out elite missions and gathering intel with their lives on the line. Though she still wanted little to do with deadly assassinations, Hikaru hoped the other skills of the branch’s trade would come in handy for her. The many volumes on the table beside their instructor fascinated the girl- within them must be held all the secret ANBU knowledge that not even her father would have read of before. She had to admit their skill with information was tempting.

Hikaru stood quickly when called, and made her way to the front desk in brief strides. Heeding the orders of the woman called Youkai, she picked out a curiously bound book from near the top of the stack. “My name is Miyazaki Hikaru, ma’am, and I’m here to find out a little more about where I fit into the three branches! I want to pick up as many skills for ninja life as I can.”

[WC: 351]
-
PC: 2/5
TWC: 726/1500

Uchiha Mirio

Apr 18, 2020
Yen
ASP
OOC Rank
C
The girl introduced herself as Miyazaki Hikaru, she seemed nice, though the boy couldn’t have much of a conversation with her because the person who was leading the class began to speak. She introduced herself as “Youkai” and for some reason, Mirio could swear she sounded familiar even thought he could also swear that he’d never met her before. Was it one of his other teachers? No... he would definitely remember that. Maybe an ANBU he saw one day? No... he never really interacted with ANBU before and even if he had, remembering something like that would not have been that difficult. It could have been just a random woman that he met before, but being able to remember such a thing would definitely be hard considering she wore a mask. This notion that the teacher sounded familiar was definitely going to bug Mirio for the rest of the class and then some, but right now was not the time to ask questions.

The woman asks for both of them to go up to the front and take a textbook. Judging by the stack, there were supposed to be more students showing up. You snooze, you lose, I guess..., Mirio thought to himself as he followed his fellow classmate to the front to get a book. Book in hand, the boy waited for Hikaru to finish introducing herself to the teacher as well as say the reason she was there. Mirio looked at her as she spoke, wondering how her eyes could be cool. She was interrupted before she could finish saying what she was gonna say... another thing that would bother Mirio for the rest of the class. Once she finished, Mirio spoke. ”My name’s Uchiha Mirio. And why I’m here is an easy question to answer. I’m here because I’m gonna be the next ANBU Captain, of course. C’mon, teach, can’t you tell just by looking at me? I’m ANBU material for sure.” Mirio’s tone was confident and one of determination. He really did want to become an ANBU Captain for personal reasons.

[WC: 344]
[TWC: 576/1,500]