Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back to Basics [ANBU Class]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
SmartSelect_20200508-081208_Autodesk SketchBook.jpg
Yuki walked through the hallway of the Academy, it was early enough in the morning for the corridors and classroom to still be empty, the Haku was wearing her full ANBU attire, mask on and her hair was black to hide her identity, in her arms she carried several heavy looking textbooks, they here old, you could tell that by looking at them. The pages had a yellowish tinge to them and the spines and hardback covers were dotted with nicks and tears from years of repeated use, they were probably the same textbooks that she herself was given by her own teacher when she first showed interest in becoming an ANBU. It was strange that this place brought back so many memories the female wasn’t sure if it was the smell of the chalk or the sound that her footsteps made as they echoed down the hall, they were good memories at least, ones from a time when life was a lot less complicated.

The shinobi stopped outside one of the classrooms, she signed as she juggled the load that was in her arms trying to get a free hand to slide open one of the door, cursing under her breath as she tried to avoid dropping anything on the floor, after a few moments of struggling she eventually got the door open, it was times like this that she was glad that she was early. Walking into the room Yuki placed what she was carrying on the desk at the front of the class with a heavy thud and looked out over the several desks that filled the space before turning to face the chalkboard, taking a stick on chalk in her hands she wrote the word “Youkai”, her ANBU call sign and what she was called when she was in her uniform, she then took a seat at the desk leaning back resting her feet on the surface and waiting for the new hopefuls to arrive.

[WC: 325/1,500]

[OOC]

Just a few rules to go over before we start, please keep to the posting order to avoid confusion (this isn’t enforced it is just polite so you’re not jumping ahead before someone else gets a chance to post) , you each have a limit of 72 hours to post before moving on to the next person. If you can’t post within that time limit please let me know if you don’t you will get a strike, 3 strikes your out and you don’t get rewards for the lesson. That being said we are here to have fun first and foremost.

Remember you need 5 Posts EACH, with a minimum of 1500 Word Limit.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200508-081208_Autodesk SketchBook.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200508-081208_Autodesk SketchBook.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 91

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru walked over to the main area of the Academy from the Library, lost in her thoughts once again. Another ANBU class... she was looking forward to meeting more experienced ninja from her village face-to-face, but she felt that another intense session would be enough ANBU training for several months, if her first was any indication. It was a good sign that it was taking place in a classroom- although the lesson on quick thinking and chakra usage from Soku had been a great one, the girl had to admit that sitting in a chair and taking notes sounded nice for a change. Anyways, it would be a good chance to meet more of her classmates.

As she rounded a corner, the classroom door came into her view. Hikaru began a long yawn and placed her hand on the door, waiting for her tired body to allow her to walk inside. She wore the same thing she had been just a few minutes ago at the library- a short-sleeved robe colored a pale blue-purple over a black t-shirt, with dark gray pants and a worn pair of boots. Her vision went fuzzy for a moment as her yawn ended, and she blinked a few times before entering the room.

The classroom was empty except for a woman at the front of the room; the teacher, she guessed. Hikaru dipped her head quickly to her and sat down, opting for a spot close to the front. From her seat, the girl stared up at the board at the front and the word printed there - ‘Youkai’. She was pretty sure she knew what a Youkai was; she remembered reading something about them, and was unsure what place one of those had in an ANBU class. The ANBU were always unexpected, though, she recalled as her gaze slid towards the woman sitting at the frontmost desk piled with ancient-looking books. She, too, wore a cryptic mask to cover her face, outlined by her black hair and similarly-colored attire. She was every bit as intimidating as Soku, and how she managed that without the missing arm was equally impressive. Hikaru quickly glanced away and waited- dividing her attention between the chalkboard and the door, watching for others to enter.

[WC: 375]
-
PC: 1/5
TWC: 375/1500

Ronin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Mirio sat in the library, reading a book on Genjutsu. It always seemed to come easy to Mirio and he also liked training and learning new Genjutsu in his free time. It was early in the morning, not many students were in the academy at this time, only the ones that took initiative and were eager to learn.

Mirio closed the book before getting up and exiting the library. He had signed up for an ANBU class that was about to start in a few minutes and Mirio wasn’t keen on being late. Making his way through the halls, the boy wondered what the class would be on. First time doing an ANBU class. I wonder what it’s gonna be about. I still haven’t done my homework from my last class... Oh well, no rest for the wicked, I guess

Finally arriving to the classroom he was supposed to be in, the boy opened the door. Mirio is wearing a light grey tracksuit and some white sneakers. He glances over at the ANBU at the desk and assumes that’s the teacher. He looks over at one other student that he’s never met before. Figuring that probably more than two people signed up for the class, the boy takes a seat right next to Hikaru. ”Name’s Mirio, Uchiha Mirio. I’m a student here obviously and I got cool eyes. What’s your name?” he asks her.

[WC: 232]
[TWC: 232/1,500]

Last edited:

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The female was sat leaning back in the chair with her eyes closed when she heard the door open for the first time, she slowly opened her eyes as a cat would that had just been disturbed from a nap. Not moving from her position she looked at the newcomer through her mask and remained silent simply watching her as she took at the seat in the classroom, she knew it had to be a sign of her getting older as the students looked like they were getting younger, she kept an eye on the girl, taking in her features silently. The Shinobi stayed like that for a few minutes, the silence unbroken before another student entered the room, a boy this time, introduced himself to the girl that had already taken her seat. An Uchiha, they are everywhere it seems Yuki waited to see if anyone else would be joining them but it seemed like it was just the two of them. She signed and stretched out her limbs sitting up as she did, Yuki got to her feet using the desk as support as she did and stood in front of the chalkboard, clearing her throat before she addressed the class.

"Greetings, you are to address me as Youkai and today I will be teaching you about the basics of becoming an ANBU, these skills that you learn today will be invaluable whether or not you chose to pursue this path or not," She paused and placed her hand on top of the pile of tomes that house the secrets of her profession, " I would like both of you to come forward, take one of these textbooks, tell me your name as well as what your reasons for coming to this lesson today,"

[WC: 297]
[Total Word Count: 622/1,500]

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru looked up when the boy entered, and gave him a smile as he chose the seat next to her. She had a feeling attendance to the impending class would be sparse, especially this early in the morning; even so, it was nice to see another new face. As he introduced himself, she looked at his eyes for a moment. They weren’t exactly what she would call cool, although they did have a somewhat unique hue to them. He was another Uchiha, so that meant he probably had their fancy brand of doujutsu. She answered, “I’m Miyazaki Hikaru. I like to think I have pretty cool eyes too, but-”

She broke off as the woman at the front of the classroom made a move. Listening attentively, she glanced back at the board where the word ‘Youkai’ was written- it was a name, not an entity, and probably not the kunoichi’s real one. The name certainly added to her somewhat intimidating presence. Invaluable skills, for both ANBU and not- that was good to hear. According to her limited knowledge of the most secretive of branches, they functioned as a much more extreme version of the Main Branch: carrying out elite missions and gathering intel with their lives on the line. Though she still wanted little to do with deadly assassinations, Hikaru hoped the other skills of the branch’s trade would come in handy for her. The many volumes on the table beside their instructor fascinated the girl- within them must be held all the secret ANBU knowledge that not even her father would have read of before. She had to admit their skill with information was tempting.

Hikaru stood quickly when called, and made her way to the front desk in brief strides. Heeding the orders of the woman called Youkai, she picked out a curiously bound book from near the top of the stack. “My name is Miyazaki Hikaru, ma’am, and I’m here to find out a little more about where I fit into the three branches! I want to pick up as many skills for ninja life as I can.”

[WC: 351]
-
PC: 2/5
TWC: 726/1500

Ronin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
The girl introduced herself as Miyazaki Hikaru, she seemed nice, though the boy couldn’t have much of a conversation with her because the person who was leading the class began to speak. She introduced herself as “Youkai” and for some reason, Mirio could swear she sounded familiar even thought he could also swear that he’d never met her before. Was it one of his other teachers? No... he would definitely remember that. Maybe an ANBU he saw one day? No... he never really interacted with ANBU before and even if he had, remembering something like that would not have been that difficult. It could have been just a random woman that he met before, but being able to remember such a thing would definitely be hard considering she wore a mask. This notion that the teacher sounded familiar was definitely going to bug Mirio for the rest of the class and then some, but right now was not the time to ask questions.

The woman asks for both of them to go up to the front and take a textbook. Judging by the stack, there were supposed to be more students showing up. You snooze, you lose, I guess..., Mirio thought to himself as he followed his fellow classmate to the front to get a book. Book in hand, the boy waited for Hikaru to finish introducing herself to the teacher as well as say the reason she was there. Mirio looked at her as she spoke, wondering how her eyes could be cool. She was interrupted before she could finish saying what she was gonna say... another thing that would bother Mirio for the rest of the class. Once she finished, Mirio spoke. ”My name’s Uchiha Mirio. And why I’m here is an easy question to answer. I’m here because I’m gonna be the next ANBU Captain, of course. C’mon, teach, can’t you tell just by looking at me? I’m ANBU material for sure.” Mirio’s tone was confident and one of determination. He really did want to become an ANBU Captain for personal reasons.

[WC: 344]
[TWC: 576/1,500]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Leaning back into her chair, she waited as each of them came up and did as instructed, taking one of the text books with them and giving their name and reason for being here. It seemed to her that the first one was here about finding his place in the world, a goal that would take a lifetime to achieve for everyone but a noble one she gave him credit for that. Miyazaki Hikaru is someone worth keeping an eye on in the future. Though the second one appeared to be a Uchiha, Mirio, someone that had aspiring goals for sure wanting to become the next Anbu Captain, that made the redhead smile under her mask.

“Well now that you have both introduced yourself to me , the lesson will be introducing you to the branch, the purpose of the ANBU, how we are split and what each of them done, its a basics as to what the purpose of our existence inside of Leaf Is.” Inarya allowed the worlds to travel to the two of them wanting to understand this was very much a lesson.

“Like every village the branch differs from what village you are, Konoha focuses its ANBU towards external threats from outside of the village. We have the main branch to assist us in internal matters but from our point of view we are very much there to protect the village from outside threats that can come our way. The branch has its own rankings inside of the village, these are Anbu-in-Training. To achieve this you must be a Genin at least and have been recruited into the village by either a Captain or the Sennin. Then we have the fully fledged ANBU. Leading the branches we have the Captains, of which I am one. FInally seeing the entire operation we do have the Sennin at the top.”

She paused as she glanced at the two of them from under the mask, this was just the basic introduction into the branch; the next part she would have would be the Branches themselves, something a bit more different but well within the text book itself to discover.

“Any questions so far on the ranks of what we do? And also do you know what the Branche are that separate the ANBU?”

[WC:383]
[Total Word Count: 1005/1500]

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Once the girl finished her introduction, she fell silent and listened to Mirio’s, testing the weight of the book in her hands while he talked. His self-confidence when speaking directly to a masked kunoichi from the ANBU was admirable, as was his goal of becoming captain. After he was done, the woman called Youkai spoke. From her preface of the class ahead of them, Hikaru guessed this was to be a more traditional lesson. She relaxed a little of the tension unconsciously building between her shoulder blades- simply taking in information was her forte, if it could be called that, honed through a lifetime of breezing through books and research-jargon.

As their instructor began the lesson, Hikaru tried her best to piece together all of her fragmented bits of knowledge about the ANBU branch. External affairs- that made sense, considering what she knew about the Main branch and what they did. The ranking system was also thankfully somewhat similar to the other branches. Her explanation of the ANBU-in-Training struck the girl: a Gennin getting recruited by either a captain or the Sennin of the ANBU sounded like it didn’t happen every day. She had held a half-formed impression since learning about the branch’s existence that it was smaller and more exclusive than the other two- here was why, she guessed.

When the ANBU Captain prompted, Hikaru thought about any questions she still had about the branch’s hierarchy. She did have one question in particular, but it tied into the kunoichi’s next: the separate branches within the ANBU itself. She knew there was more than one captain (obviously, since she had met two of them now), and she assumed each was in charge of a specific sub-branch with the Sennin overseeing the entire system. She really didn’t know the individual branches, though, and glanced at Mirio for a second, wondering if he had any ideas. After thinking for a little while, she answered, “I have a question, but it’s related to your other one: how many branches are there in the ANBU, and what do they do? I’ve never been able to find information about them in the library...”

[WC: 358]
-
PC: 3/5
TWC: 1084/1500

Ronin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Mirio examined the back of the textbook while the teacher and his classmate spoke. He already knew so much about the ANBU and how they operated because he had the clear goal to be a member of the esteemed branch for a long time now. The boy looked up when the questions were asked. He pretty much knew the answer to all of them, so he didn’t hesitate to speak up.

”There are three branches or “Squads” that separate the ANBU. Each Squad has its own captain. Once you rank up from an AiT (Anbu in Training), you become an ANBU. At this point, you may choose which of the three Squads you want to join. The three Squads are: The Diplomats, which pretty much focuses on improving and maintaining good relations with the foreign powers of the world such as other villages like Cloud or Sand. As shinobi, combat is an inevitable reality of our lives, but this squad focuses on the diplomatic side of things. This isn’t to say that they never see combat or that they are the unskilled in combat, but the fact of the matter is that members of this squad must be good at talking to people and will be trained in that art of politics and discourse. The biggest challenge, I’d imagine, if you wanted to join this particular squad is the fact that you’re going to be dealing with people from all over the world. People with different cultures and opinions and what you say, as a representative of the Hidden Leaf Village, matters in a much more crucial way. Anyway, if you’re looking to join this squad, you’re going to be involved with other villages, as members from this squad are often sent out to build friendly relations with them and pave the way for easier work of the other two squads. It’s the squad I personally want to join and eventually captain, so I have a lot to say about it.”

The boy paused for a moment before continuing.

”Next up, there’s The Inquisitors. The inquisition squad is focused entirely on gathering information. They’re like spies in a sense, but with a bit more ‘oomph’. They do work inside and outside of the village on a regular basis and they don’t really have limit to lengths they will go to obtain information that could potentially save many lives. To defeat a monster, one often has to become a monster, and that’s more of a mantra than a saying when it comes to this squad. Things like kidnapping and torture are pretty mundane things for an inquisitor. I imagine that the hardest thing for this squad is being able to make peace with all the brutal things they have to do in order give a better future to those who want to see it all while doing it from the shadows. The physical and psychological burden this imposes is one that I personally can’t even begin to describe. Anyway, this squad requires permission from The Diplomats to be able to use these monstrous tactics on foreign soil, another reason I personally want to become the captain of The Diplomats.”

The young Uchiha took a deep breath once again. Explaining all this took more out of him than he originally expected.

”Last, but definitely not least, we have the Assassination Squad. This one is pretty self explanatory. Once the inquisitors find a threat, the assassins are tasked with eliminating said threat. Members of this squad have to be the best combatants they can be, as people don’t traditionally die without a fight. I’d imagine that the hardest thing for this squad is the fact that their whole existence is to kill. And once you’ve taken enough lives, you become numb to the rush of feelings that it entails. That might possibly be the worst thing that can happen, as you pretty much lose your humanity to try and eliminate threats to your village, your home, and everyone you care about. Anyway, assassins require permission from the diplomats if they want to eliminate a threat from another village.”

Mirio looked at his classmate, then at his teacher. ”Sorry, I tend to ramble a lot, especially if it’s about something I kind of, a little bit, incredibly care about.”

[MFT]
[WC: 710]
[TWC: 1,286/1,500]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The female listened to Hikaru as she asked her a question for it only to be answered by Miro, she was impressed by his knowledge of the branch all be it even if some of the facts were a little inaccurate.
“Excellent Miro, although that is not strictly correct, while it is true that we as assassins do get a great deal of information on targets from the Diplomacy Core they are in no means the ones that give us permission to act. The falls to the Hokage and the Hokage alone,” She paused “The same can be said for the Inquisitors. The ANB branch is a tool of discretions that Hokage's alone controls, orders are given to us through Sennin and we act on those.” Yuki got up from her seat and sat on the corner of the desk so she was closer to the two students. “There is one thing that you must remember, we are unknowns. We have no faces or names other than the ones that we choose for ourselves. That being when we die and I will be clear that there is always a risk, no-one will mourn you, there will be no great monuments to your bravery, all there will be is parents wondering when their child is coming home.” She knew the words that she spoke were harsh but it was the truth and they should both be aware of. “With that being said, however, what you are given is opportunities, if you advance then your options are limitless, even the Hokage started his life as an ANBU and rose through the ranks from Captain to Sennin to the position that he holds now., That brings me to my next question, what are you hoping to gain from becoming an ANBU?”

[WC:298]
[Total Word Count: 1303/1500]

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru listened as her classmate spoke, awestruck at how much he knew about the subject of their class. She was especially surprised that he had already chosen the Diplomat branch to join and become captain of; it made her feel a little behind, and she wondered if she should start making decisions about her future and responsibilities as well. Making a mental note to think about that soon, she turned her attention back to Mirio’s exposition. From his description, the ANBU sounded much, much more like a comprehensive, highly functional group and less like the mysterious danger-squad she had thought it was. Maybe her path lay with the Diplomats or the Inquisitors after all? She still wasn’t on board with professional assassination- Mirio described it perfectly, living to kill must be emotionally destructive in some way. As he finished, Hikaru replied to his apology, “Not at all. You actually answered my question, and that was really interesting.”

She turned back to their instructor as the captain corrected Mirio. “So that means you’re captain of the Assassination squad, ma’am? Could you tell us what that’s like?” The student paused and thought for a moment. “Are you… allowed to tell us what that’s like?” She still wasn’t quite sure how much of the ANBU profession was being revealed to them in the class- secrecy was still a key part of the branch’s operations, that much you could read in a book at least. The instructor’s description of the ANBU as the tools of the Hokage brought her back down to earth, as did her words after. All she could think of as the woman paused was her father: he had already lost his wife, so what would happen to him if he lost his daughter…? Her concern for her own life aside, dying nameless would tear her father apart. She was the culmination and proof of his and her mother’s dreams, and her budding interest in the branch wasn’t strong enough to risk breaking those dreams.

Hikaru realised her eyebrows had scrunched together without her noticing, and she quickly relaxed them before their teacher went on. The opportunities of the ANBU… even though its complexities and tacit elite skills were more interesting to her than they had been when she had stepped into the classroom, she still wasn’t sure. She would definitely have something to think about in the coming days. “If I joined the ANBU, I would hope to gain a better understanding of how countries and villages operated outside of Konoha. I would also hope to specialize in something I’m good at and be an important part of my village.” There were plenty of positives to growing more experienced, and while travel would be a nice bonus, doing her part for her village in whichever branch she planted herself in was her main focus.

[WC: 474] [MFT]
-
PC: 4/5
TWC: 1558

Last edited:

Ronin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Mirio smiles when his classmate compliments his description. Looking back at the teacher, he turns his head. He could have sworn he read that specifically, the diplomats clear the other two branches. Although, if he really thought about it, all the branches are cleared by the sennin, who is in turn cleared by the Hokage. So she’s not wrong when she says the Hokage decides everything, but Mirio wasn’t necessarily wrong either.

Mirio shakes his head out of his inner thoughts when the teacher asks her next question. He looks at Hikaru as she talks. In his mind, Mirio’s first instinct is to doubt that the girl had what it took to be in the ANBU just based on her personality alone, but he quickly shook that snap judgment. His own personality clashed heavily with the dream of being a Shinobi at all, yet here he was. He wasn’t going to impose the same judgement on Hikaru as others imposed on him.

”If I became an ANBU, I’m hoping to be able to travel. I want to see the world and make a difference in it without the added effect of being in the spotlight. I’m not a big fan of the spotlight, it’s too bright.” Mirio said in response to the teacher's question once Hikaru finished saying what she was saying. ”I’m also prepared for the potential ramifications that come with choosing to be an ANBU. Of course, I could be wrong, but I’m willing to take that chance.”

[MFT]
[WC: 250]
[TWC: 1,536/1,500]

(OOC: I am extremely sorry for the absurd delay on this post. Real life has been kicking my ass lately)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back