Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Bad By Blood? [Open]

Kishinami Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A wooden Katana flew, targeted at nobody particularily, about ten feet across the yard before, with an audible 'thonk' that only wood hitting on wood could make, smashing against a lone tree and bouncing off it to the ground. The culprit of this outburst of anger, was none other then a young descendant of the well known nanjirou clan. To put it more acurately, the girl in question belonged to the Iai clan, which was a Kumo native clan that had centuries ago been apart of the nanjirou clan. The girl on question was also named Yuzu, a rather new entry to the academy, in which she was doing really well in as far as her studies went. Yet, as far as practical training went, she had a little handycap, that was laying in the fact that her family was completely against turning away from the more traditional sword battle to learn ninja arts. To that end, Yuzu had no support at home with her parents even being skeptical. As such the young Iai had no real support, her family in this case was useless and she didn'T know anone she could really turn to and as such she felt like she fell behind her fellow students - no matter if there was truth to that or not. The trigger had been a boy and his friend who sat next to her in class and made fun of her needing a few attempts at one or the other task that involved making use of chakra. In the last class of the day he then had called her clan 'sword idiots' - while speaking only oud enough for her to hear him - and she almost pummeled his face right then and there.

So much for that. She had gotten the class' attention by jumping out of her seat for that and had remained silent for the rest of said lesson while fuming in anger. She knew that her clan had failed to produce a proper ninja and preffered to stay to themselves and drove each other into their traditional ways of thinking and... yeah there were a lot of flaws here, but Yuzu was different, she was not untalanted and could probably smack any academy starter around when it came to it, as she had been training in hand to hand and sword combat since she was able to think. The most impotant thing though was that she was far more open minded then her clan and worked harder than most of them. But that was probably also the reason why it hurt so much when someone made fun of her struggles to grow better. Picking up the wooden sword, she was reminded that it ha also been a point of mockery, as she treated it as something important like she'd treat a real sword as. There was no question that she had what it took to become a proper ninja, though her life was not excactly easy with everything she ever heard being doubt. She let the Katana in her hand drop again, only to punch the tree this time, letting some of that build up frustration out.

[WC for training: 526]
[OOC note: Name is Iai Yuzu // Rank is: Cloud Academy Student. In case it's not changed by the time you read this]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A young girl watched as the Nanjirou was releasing some of her anger out. A man came up behind the girl that was watching. She looked back behind her, and seen it was a faceless NPC, someone that knew her father very well. "What are you doing out of class?"

The girl didn't answer, in fact, she brought out a canteen, it was her father's favorite, and let the sand that was in it, come out. It soon formed a wall between the man and her, as she kept her eyes on the girl who was angry. The sand wall she made, was meaning that she didn't want to talk. Not now. Her father's death was still fresh in her mind. They say it was an accident, but ever since his death, strange people have usually came by her house, or to the Academy to check up on her. She really didn't like the attention, and just wanted to be left alone to grieve.

Soon, she heard the man's footsteps fade away from her. The girl, her name is Sunaku Ninura, couldn't figure out why the other girl was mad, she wondered if something was going on with her own life as well.

Cautiously, she made her way close to the other girl, trying to not make a sound, as she noticed how she wasn't letting up in her anger as she had just punched a tree. Ninura stayed quiet, watching, not knowing what to say, really. At least, the girl hadn't noticed her yet.

"Did you lose someone too? Is that why you are angry?" The little Sunaku was kind of surprised by her own voice. She really didn't want to talk, but here she was, saying her first words that she hasn't spoken for a long time, days.

(Mft: 300)
(Ooc note: also name is Sunaku Ninura and rank is cloud academy student, in case if not changed when reading)

Kishinami Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
An annoying itch spread through the girl's hand as her body reacted to suddenly having it's hand hit a hard uneven surface. It wasn't really painful, but she had earned herself a few little cuts and bruises none the less. Rubbing her right hands knuckles, she turned her head around when she heard someone approach and talk to her. In her head she still had to switch, as her mind was still a little clouded with the previous matter and so she stared at the seemingly same-aged girl infront of her. Before answering she went to grab and pick up the wooden katana right next to her just in case the girl was going to try and be annoying. "Me... I... No, I didn't lose anyone, did I seem like it?" For the moment she didn't have the nerve to think about what Ninura could be speaking about, heck she didn't even know the girl, so what was her deal. "I was angry because everyone is being an idiot." Was that girl a student? Yuzu was bad at paying attention to her class mates as she didn't particularily care for any of them, there were more important things that concerned her than the face of every kid in school, like becoming a good ninja and proving every naysayer wrong. Then, shouldn't she care about their faces if she wanted to prove them wrong? Well not like he was the person to rub it in everyone's face. Better let her deeds talk rather then speaking empty words.

But what was it with this girl? She looked rather harmless... and sad to boot. "Tell me your name!" Yuzu suddenly said in a commanding tone that surprised even her. "Uh, I was just interested in why you came here, you don't seem to be doing to well yourself." Let's hope she didn't scare the girl off in their first meet, now that Yuzu had a little more time to adjust to the situation, she wanted to try being her usual self a little more.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When the other girl said that she didn't lose anyone, and then asked if it seemed like she did, Ninura shrugged. "Different people deal with grief in their own ways. Some, with sadness, some with anger. And others, completely shut the whole world out." The last one, she kind of was hinting at herself.

And then she listened as the other girl talked more, she called everyone else an idiot, and that's why she was angry. "What did everyone do for them to be an idiot?" She asked quietly.

And before she could react, the other girl burst out in a yell, basically commanding her what her name is. Ninura was so surprised by this sudden outburst, that a wall of sand instantly came out of her canteen and separated the two girls. Once she realized that she wasn't going to be hurt, the Sunaku willed the sand to go back into the canteen.

"I'm Ninura. Sunaku Ninura. What's your name?" The girl asked cautiously. And then the other girl asked her why she was here, for she herself didn't look too good. "I need to be away from other people. To think... My father's death was only a few days ago."

She looked around, and let out a sigh of relief. "Ever since his death, strange men, who I've never met before, say they have known him for a long time, they usually keep an eye on me. But I don't want anyone to have to keep an eye on me, I kind of just want time. Time to figure out what my mother meant by knowing the truth." She brought out the canteen and looked at it. There was nothing special about it, no decorations or even any lettering on it. Simple, plain.

Kishinami Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The samurai girl just silently listened to the Sunaku's reasoning, but couldn't quite grasp what had brought her to the conlusion that she could have lost someone. Atleast not yet, the reason would only later become apparent, which was why she kept silent. What Yuzu could answer to instead, was the question of why she had called everyone idiots. "You see, there is noone who really cares about my efforts... no that's wrong, the bad part is, despite my efforts they try to bring me down. My clan is full of Swordmasters and Samurai, but the have failed to bring forth a single Ninja and that is why they doubt I could make it. Outsiders on the other hand think I am not fit to become a ninja because my family has bad blood and is too old fashioned." She had talked a little much maybe, but she had felt like she could talk to this girl and it would be fine. It felt good took talk about her anger aswell, better then punching a tree, honestly.

Yuzu felt sorry for her yelling, but forgot about that as soon as a wall of sand formed between her and the stranger that was the fellow student. Yuzu took a step back and held her wooden Katana ready defend herself. Luckily this seemed to have been a misunderstanding and she lowered her guard and sword as the other girl did the same with her sand. It didn't lead to much more as both seemed to understand each other had no intention to attack and Ninura - as Yuzu would learn she was called - introduced herself and told the sword girl why she seemed so sad. Yuzu let her head hang a bit as she heard the girls story and nodded understandingly. "I see... i am sorry to hear that, he seemed to have meant a lot to you, your father. I am too young to remember the death of my grand father, but I hope you can stay strong and safe. I bet your father will watch over you together with all your previous ancestors, to give you strength!" That was the view Yuzu had, her ancestors would never really leave her. Especially her grand father, which she had brough up, as his ash was used to forge that sword that would eventually be given to Yuzu. "Oh, I am Yuzu by the way, Iai Yuzu. A nanjirou by bloodline actually, we're just a seperate clan now." Yuzu kept her eyes on the area behind Ninura while talking, to see if it was true that the girl was watched over but couldn't see anyone. "So, is it true that you are being followed? Shouldn't you tell atleast a sensei if there are creepy man following you?" She probably didn't understand the situation correctly, but that was the only support she could give right now.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Sunaku listened attentively as the girl spoke. Her reasoning as to why she thinks everyone is an idiot. From her own clan thinking she already is a failure, to other people who think because of her clan, she won't be able to make it. "They are wrong." Ninura said simply. "A ninja never quits, no matter if all odds are against them. And I see you, from what you are telling me, that all odds are against you. So therefore, you are already a ninja in my eyes. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of you, or what they say to you to bring you down. As long as you, yourself don't lose hope in your goals, you will never fail."

The other girl gave her condolences for her father's death. The girl then brought up her own grandfather, whom she never knew about, too young to remember his death. "Thanks, I never really thought about it that way. Of my father, and my ancestors watching over me. And nice to meet you Yuzu."

Yuzu then asked her if it was true she was being followed, and why she hasn't went to a sensei yet. "As I said before, they all say they knew my father. And a lot of them say they watch me to protect me. I don't know what from, but it is hard to just think about my father in peace, with the constant reminder of a random person I don't know bringing him up." She showed the canteen that has the sand in it. "This was my father's favorite canteen. My mother gave it to me, the day of his death, telling me that I will know the truth, given time. With all that's happening, it makes me wonder, was there something else about my father I don't know about?"

Kishinami Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A smile spread on Yuzu's face, the girl was right, even if everyone else was doubting her, she would go on or she wouldn't only be a disgrace to herself, but to all of her clan and her ancestors. That was right, even though her clan doubted her, they didn't wanna see her fail, they were just unable to help her an wanted to avoid the pain of another failure. Fear was it that clouded them and turned the clan to what it was today. Yuzu finally nodded, "Yus, I can't give up, not as a ninja and not as a samurai, all honor would be lost and I would have to commit seppuku! Giving up means death so you hear me, I'll never give up! I'll be a splendid ninja one day!" She nodded some more. She was fired up now! "And you too!" She said pointing at Ninura. "You have to become a splendid ninja aswell, so you can make your father even more proud!" It wasn't the most sensetve of subjects to talk about suicide in such a serious manner thinking of her current companion, but she had to show her determination somehow and didn't mean it in a joking manner either, there was no room to fail. After all some of the more radical samurai beliefs in honor had been passed down to her too.

Again Yuzu listened to the Sunakus explanation with a serious expression. She couldn't help much it seems, but she wanted to make her feel a little better none the less, she'd grown to find a kind of liking in the girl from their conversation - children were rather simple afterall. "Listen, I can't do much about thoe people, I'm sorry... Though if you ever feel like you need a break, you can come to me, how's that sound? We could grab some food or do training together!" Now that she thought about it, that didn't sound too bad, maybe she could even make a friend like this... Somehow the thought of that made her feel confused, she didn't yet know what to think of having a friend for the first time. She shook her head, "A-anyways, that's a nice canteen, but maybe you should keep it hidden on you! If it is important you shouldn't just show it around." Or so she thought, not knowing anything about the girl or the strange sand she had used.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Upon hearing the resolution that the Nanjirou girl had, Ninura couldn't help but smile. "You already are a splendid ninja in my eyes." The Sunaku said, confidently. And then Yuzu told her that she has to become one too.

"I mean, yeah, I can." Ninura was happy, but she really didn't know how to respond. The only people who supported her, was her family, and even then, the only other person who could have gone through any hardships to become a ninja was her mother, which is the only other Sunaku of the family. "For my father."

Ninura was glad to talk to someone about this. Someone who actually cares. Yuzu then said sorry about not being able to help out with her dilemma of dealing with the mystery people. "Thanks, I'm probably going to need a ton of breaks, and someone to talk to. You, being that person, you're nice. And thank you, but I don't think anyone wants to drink out of this canteen, because all they would probably get is sand in their mouth. Also." Ninura set the canteen down and walked a few meters away from it.

She brought up one of her hands and willed the sand in the canteen to come to her. The sand, inside, pushed the canteen along with it, until it basically was moving and flew into her hands. "I trust you. To know who I am. Sunaku. We can control sand. Kind of crazy to really think about it. Only me and my mother, are the only Sunaku in Cloud, as far as I can think. Mainly because the blood line, comes from Sand. The Wind Country." She opened up the top of the canteen and some sand floated out, drifting by the Sunaku.

Kishinami Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuzu shook her head. I am not that good of a ninja, really. I am still weak and have to learn more then ever before! But atleast I am already really good at taijutsu, hm hm!" She had atleast some pride when talking about her physical capabilities, not that they were close to that of a trained adult yet. He! That's right! He can rest at ease if you become someone to be proud of, but you should also think about making the living happy, like your mother! You have to mak her proud aswel, yip." Yuzu put her wooden sword at her waist and pointed at herself with her thumb while kind of striking a pose. "Don't worry, Yuzu is still going to be a samurai even after becoming a ninja and what samurai would I be if I couldn't even listen to problems!" That's the kind of person she wanted to be, not necessarily a warrior for justice, but more or less the role model she would have like to have.

That is to say, the samurai girl had seen a few ninja techniques here and there, but nothing really outstanding, so her view of ninja wasn't even as broad as she thought it was, after all she didn't know any ninjas and her family had avoided them as best as possible. When Ninura mad her canteen fly and then released sand from it to make it follow her order, Yuzu was amazed a little and felt like she'd fallen behind already. "Wow, that is amazing! I guess you can't teach that to me but I think it shows you're already on the right way to be getting strong! i think you should be proud of that, eventually everyone is going to find out anyways once you get into a fight. I think one should be proud of his blood!" SHe nodded but still felt a little sting in her chest when she said to be proud of her clan.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Modesty, is what you're doing." Ninura said with a smile. "Even the best of ninja out there still learns new things. It's what makes us being academy students, think. The more we learn now, the more prepared we will be than the generations before us. And believe me, Yuzu. With your Taijustsu capabilities, you will go far!"

Then the girl talked about how it's good that Ninura is willing to go far to make her late father proud of her, but she will also need to do it for her mother. "Yeah, I can't let her down. Her, and my two older brothers are all I have left." The young Sunaku smiled and laughed as the Nanjirou struck a post.

Clapping, Ninura said, "Cloud would be happy to have a skill full samurai ninja as you, Yuzu."

Then the girl appraised her for her show of what she has just done. Ninura rubbed the back of her neck. "It was nothing. I didn't really control the Canteen, but moreso the sand in it. Using sand, for me is way easier, than using other elemental justsu."

She stopped talking, and after a small moments pause, she spoke up again. "Yuzu. What do you do to relax?"

Kishinami Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She talked as if she'd seen Yuzu fight before even though that was unlikely, though she found it understandable she said that as they were both cheering each other up and so she let a small smile show. She was right though, focusing on her taijutsu was her best shot to becoming the best she could be. It was true though, that her chances were better then those of the previous generation, already from material that was available to learn from. Eventually she replied with, "Yush, we're both gonna become great, just you wait world!" Actual trials still had to come, but this little conversation ensured their flames would burn bright for when that time came.

"Don't be shy about it, you're awesome, I'm sure the rest will also come to you in time." She smiled with her arms now crossed infront of her. The question about relaxation came a bit as a surprise to her and there wasn't really a lot she did for that in her freetime. "Hm, in the afternoons when school is over, I sometimes like to get some tea and cookies! Sometimes it's best to lean back and enjoy some snacks or tast food, yep yep! She nodded and thought about it, she never had issues getting snacks if she wanted too, her family had the money for it after all, but it wasn't like she did it regularly, that woul ruin her bodies health over time, she was convinced. "I also like meditating! It helps calm you down and let go of your thouhts for a while if you do it right!" She got a little excited to be able to give tips in the hopes of being helpful, though they were those of a kid so who knew how helpfu that was.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"We will change the world together Yuzu." Ninura said, more confident than ever before. "I know we may seem small now, but there is much for us to do. And we will get through it all. Together." And then the Sunaku did something. Something that she surprised herself by doing. She walked up to the other girl and hugged her.

She hasn't really hugged anyone else, only people that she has, was her family. And then, she pulled away, her cheeks red. "S-sorry about that. I just think of you. As an actual friend. I haven't ever been this open to anyone before. And thank you. For believing in me."

And then Yuzu answered her question about what she does for relaxation. "Food and meditation. That actually sounds pretty good." With that said, she sat down right there and closed her eyes. She tried to relax her body and trying to not even think.

And in all actuality, she started to feel a little bit more relaxed. It felt great. To just take a step back from the world for just a little bit. To collect her own thoughts. The Sunaku opened her eyes. "You do this everyday? Meditate?"

Kishinami Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
EH!?! What?! Change the world... ? That came out of nowhere! How... How was she supposed to change the world? She had to start with her clan first, if that was even possible... WHat she was saying was asking a lot, there were the kage who were seen as the strongest and most influental in the villages and even they didn't always have the power to even controll their own village, that is what she heard and now she was expected to? She stuttered, "I... Uh..." She didn't know what to say, but then also unexpectedly, her new friend came up to her and gave her a hug. She was confused, but the girl's words got to her. Did she really find a friend just now? Was it that easy? Reflexively she went back in and gave the girl a hug of her own. "A friend! Yes, a friend!" She said cheeringly, "Don't worry, we're gonna be the best of friends!" After a moment she let her go off the hug and showed a big smile on her face.

Yuzu watched as Ninura sat down. She stood quietly on the spot, watching the girl doing her meditation. She was perfectly able to stand still and not not do any movements, even her blinking was reduced to a minimum. She could have been a puppet, such was the degree of her self control. Her senses actuall wenty on high alert as she feared someone could find and interrupt them. After Ninura seemed content, Yuzu smiled at her. "Yus, I do, everyday after training! Did you like it?" She was excited to have something to share with her new friend an in that instant had an idea that wasn't properly thought through. "If you like it that much, maybe we could have some training together and then meditate together over at my house! We have a lot of space and a large Dojo!" She first had a smile on her face, but then realized what she had asked. Would her family even accept a visitor? She kept a happy facade, but got herself a little confused. She didn't take the offer back though.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ninura guessed she had surprised Yuzu of her small little speech she gave. She didn't know if she went overboard with a hug, but she was glad that it wasn't taken as overboard, since the Nanjirou girl herself, brought Ninura in for a second hug.

"Would it be too much? To make a promise to stay friends? No matter what kind of hardships we both may go through at some points in our lives?" Ninura asked Yuzu.

When the Sunaku had sat down to meditate, she realized how quiet it has gotten. Once she was done, and she was glad to hear Yuzu's answer. "Meditating might become one of my new hobbies. It really relaxes, let me get a clear head." And then Yuzu invited her over to her house to train and meditate. "That sounds great Yuzu! And if you ever want to. You can come by my place. My mother is super nice, and she has great cooking. My two brothers are a bit of big doofuses though."

The Sunaku was just starting to realize that the sun was getting low. Were they really talking for that long? Was this what it feels like to have a friend? Ninura smiled and went and gave Yuzu another small quick hug. "Well, it was nice meeting you, Yuzu. I'll see you around!" With that, the girl walked off, going back to her own family.

(Topic left)

Kishinami Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuzu gripped her arm and held it as she looked to the ground. Could she just say that so easily? To assist each other no matter what? "Eh, I think that might be possible? We should definetely support each other, yeah..." She didn't really say yes, she didn't really say no, so what was it gonna be? No conclusive answer could be ha at that moment and so Yuzu just stared at the ground in embaressement.

"Yeah, I am sure it will be fun!" Yuzu said and smiled, for a moment forgetting about her little issue and thinking of the way Ninura described her family. They sounded nice, like a good family, which made Yuzu feel a little down again as she knew that hers was not quite what she'd call a great family. She loved everyone in it, but they were just so different...

In the end, Ninura had to leave. "Ah! It was nice meeting you too, Ninura-chan, I hope we see each other again soon." She said a little disappointedly because their meting as already over for the day. She had a good time in the end and didn't want it to end yet as it meant having to go back to the ragular stuff. She remained on the school grounds for a few more minutes, working through everything that ha happened, before leaving with a smile.

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back