Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Balance the cycle [Contract Search]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So much had happened with almost nothing coming of it at all. The little toad boy had revived, given a silly excuse and had urged Haji along for another dramatically boring trudge across the plains. But slowly, the plains became something dismal, the trees began to lose their luster until they were but husks, and the air itself seemed to reach out and choke Haji before he realized what was happening.

All of a sudden the quest that Berozu was leading him on was becoming more real than he thought it would. He honestly thought that the toad was just being boastful, but now, Haji could feel something sinister about these lands, and it made the hair on the back of his neck stand on edge. "My senses are tingling" he said under his breath. A lone crow stared at the two of them and then cawed before making an attempt to fly off. Haji launched a mucus strand at the bird to attempt to pin it to the tree. He looked at Berozu "I don't like this place, and I don't like those birds. Too cunning for their own good, often make for more trouble than they're worth. Not to worry, the mucus will release it before it starves" Haji moved along with Berozu.

Berozu called this place, The Desolate Plains. "Desolate indeed my friend" Haji whispered beneath his breath. He trudged on behind Berozu, keeping a keen eye out. Places like the Desolate Plains were not named such for no reason.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As the mucus collided with the crow, a sickening thud echoed throughout the barren tree-scape. A wise move on Haji's part, you can never be to careful with these things. The crow cawed over and over until it finally gave up its ruse. "CAW -cough- You might have stopped me from returning to my master, but you will find yourselves within his belly soon enough, CAW!" And with that the ebony bird of wit dissolved into a viscous black ooze, sliming its way to the ground. The puddle sizzled a bit before eventually evaporating away into nothing. "Good shot my boy, surely he was a scout for Kendomo" Berozu continued forward hoping a path he seemed to know and understand. It was becoming clear, if Haji was any sort of clever, that Berozu knew more about all this than he originally led on. It was curious really, that by sheer fate and chance alone that this little toad stumbled upon Haji back there, isn't it...

A pot boiled furiously upon a raging fire, its contents filled the air with a vile and putrid aroma. While most might opt for some carrots, potatoes and some sort of stock, this particular combination was more attuned towards the broth of a rotting corpse, poisonous mushrooms and other various things of that sort. A low melody sang out from the darkness, a looming figure watched over his cooking area with much glee. unbeknownst to him, a wayward duo was on the approach, and without his spy, he had no way of knowing. "In the dark of the night I was tossing and turning..." The beast rose and began to circle his pot of filth. "And the nightmare I had was as bad as can be. It scared me out of my wits, a deathly corpse falling to bit!" His voice rose and his efforts followed. Like something out of a Disney movie, he broke out into song. "Then I opened my eyes, what did they see? The nightmare was ME!" For something so sinister and vile, he had a surprisingly pleasant, deep voice. "In the dark of the night the evil will find you... In the dark of the night, just before dawn, Aah!" And then as surprisingly as it came, it ceased. A snap rang out towards his keen ears. Somewhere something was coming, he would vanish into a wisp of shadows.

As one might assume, Haji would have had some questions for Berozu in regards to what he knew about all this. If not, he would have found himself rambling on about the dangers that lurked here anyways. "They say there is a beast that roams these lands and the denizens of this realm call him master, Kendomo is his name and evil is his game. Berozu hopped forward and a quickened pace, something had him worried but there would be no way to know for sure what until the time came. "They say he was once a majestic ruler of these forests but he was betrayed and succumbed to the darkness, taking these lands with him. My hopes are that you can defeat him, boyo, and return these lands to their former glory." Ah so that was it, this wasn't simply a test of mettle and goals, but an almost selfish goal to restore lands to beauty and life. While not such a bad thing nor his intentions mislead, it may have been simpler to just explain it all and perhaps Haji was a 'hero' type and would have obliged anyways. But Berozu was always a skeptic and could not risk it on such a chance. Though there was a slight tell in his voice that gave raise to further suspicions, there was yet more that he was not letting on. "You've got to be careful, just a tiny bit of his poison is enough to kill you, I... I've seen it with my own eyes. This is nothing to scoff at, I believe whole heartily that ~~" -snap- It appeared that Berozu had jumped upon a rather brittle, and loud, twig. The noise resounded outwards causing him to pause a moment in his tracks. A awkward silence ensued. "Crap..." The smell would hit them at this point, surely Haji and his toad companion would investigate. Upon doing so, they would discover a rather deep canyon with numerous holes carved into the rock with bars of crude steel. In the epicenter, a large black pot of goo simmering, the source of the vile stench."Well, we're here..."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It wasn't that Haji expected himself to be wrong about the crow, just that he also wasn't expecting to be right either. So when the Crow began to squawk about his master before turning into a puddle of sludge, Haji became a bit more concerned. This whole adventure had become something out of dark fairy tale it seemed, and he was walking straight through it. "Ok, so this Kendomu guy might be more than I thought he was" Haji mumbled to himself more than to Berozu who was complementing his marksmanship. "Thanks buddy" he said with a quick smile, no need to make the small toad any more nervous. Haji turned an eye on the little toad finally, his mind working through everything that had happened to them so far, and he had to honestly wonder if Berozu was leading him to his death as a servant of this Kendomu. What possible reason could this little toad have to bring a stranger all this way? There must be something at stake for him, was all Haji could think of, something is behind Berozu approaching him openly, when most other contract animals kept to their own.

Haji took a deep breath of the befouled air, closing his eyes and taking in his situation before forging on ahead after the little toad. He was about to open his mouth to ask Berozu about what was going on when Berozu began speaking himself about the evil beast himself. Haji bit his tongue and listened well, a nervous quake hiding behind Berozu's words becoming more and more apparent as he went on, warning Haji of the terrible things he has seen Kendomu do. A deadly poison that could very well slay him without a moments hesitation despite all of his diligent training. It was a lot to think about. Haji was quiet for a while following Berozu as he spoke and was about to reassure the little toad that as a shinobi of Kumo, Haji would do his duty. But they never made it that far, as Berozu made a particularly enthusiastic hop onto a remarkably dry twig that make a satisfying pop. The hair on the back of Haji's neck stood on end as the corrosive smell struck his nostrils. reaching into his travel pouch he pulled out his ANBU mask, placing it over his face in an attempt to block some of the stench.
6tfgXSu.jpg

Hee felt more comfortable fighting with it on, he was used to fighting while wearing it. He knew that he shouldn't be wearing it unless specifically on a mission for cloud as an ANBU operative, but who was around to tell on him?

As they crept up, Haji saw the canyon riddled with holes all covered by steel bars. "Is this some kind of... prison?" Haji whispered to Berozu whilst gazing into the canyon from cover. His eyes were drawn to the giant black pot of bubbling goop, not sure if the stench came from there or from Kendomu who surely lurked nearby. Haji went quiet before he turned to Berozu, he was about to tell him his plan, but then realized what a terrible actor the little toad was and grimaced. Guess he would have to do this the hard way. "Forgive me Berozu" Haji said under his breath before wrapping the little toad up in a cocoon of mucus besides his little head.

Surely the toad was thrashing and yelling at Haji now, spitting curses or wailing, but either way Haji would march dutifully down to the cauldron of goop and hold the toad upside down over the spitting brew with one hand. "Come on out oh great Lord Kendomu!" Haji roared in the desolate canyon, his voice resounding off of the walls. "I come to honor you with a tribute! This small toad, who I am sure has some value to you, my lord!"

Haji could feel his own heart ache as he said the words, even though he did not mean them, he was worried that Berozu wouldn't believe him, and if Berozu didn't, then why would Kendomu? "Let us share in the death of this treacherous little toad together, so that I may serve you and your wondrous petulant self!" Haji let the last word slither out convincingly this time. He stood and waited, his heart skipping a beat for what surely approached now. He kept himself close to Berozu's dangling body, he would not let the toad be killed by accident because of his ploy.

[MFT]
[WC 753]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Just as you might have suspected, that unfortunate hop alerted the beast to their location and presence. It was indeed lurking within the shadows, watching, prowling, waiting... It's eyes ever transfixed upon two potential snacks, poor unfortunate souls that they were to happen upon his humble abode. Haji whispered through his macabre looking mask; "Is this some kind of... prison?" Berozu, still approaching cautiously, continued to go into more detail about the place. So much detail that you could assume Haji's suspicions of Berozu working for this 'Kendomo' might actually be true. "You could say that, I suppose. But it's honestly more akin to a meat locker of sorts. This is where he houses his meals to be. That pot here is where he does his 'cooking', If you can even call it cooking. A Horrid death awaits any who are caught in his snare." Berozu was caught up in his documentary styled monologue and didn't even realize what had happened until a few seconds afterwards. He was surprised, to say the least, but mostly just a writhing bundle of mucus and toad infused with confusion and anger. "OI OI OI, what the hell are you doing?!" Holding him by the tail end, Haji attempted to summon forth the great beast. Berozu's eyes filled with dread and some of his color drained from his otherwise green face. "H-hey now, Let's not be t-to hasty. Please, I don't want to die!" Berozu felt the sting of betrayal deep within his tiny toad heart, he thought... He was so hopeful... Haji could have been 'the one'. But In the end, he was just another ninja like all the rest, self centered only looking out for themselves...

A low rumbling growl echoed across the chasm, Kendomo was here. He watched the entire thing, watched Haji lead the tiny toad to his doom and to Kendomo's belly. "Such sweet morsels you bring me. But I fear that toad was already on the menu, but I suppose a little more won't hurt." Already on the menu, what did he mean by that? A pair of glowing yellow eyes peered out from the darkness. "But..." A large figure emerged from out of that darkness, revealing itself in entirety. "As much as I appreciate the chance of gaining followers, I've learned that trust is not something that exists in this world. So tell me, what's to stop me from just eating you as well?" Kendomo was a bold one, so sure in his power that he feared not the likes of a wandering shinobi. Only 1 would pose no threat to him and his might, he has killed before and would gladly do so again. Meanwhile Berozu was defeated internally, small drips of tears ran off his face dripping slowly into the pot of black muck. Each one hissing upon impact, letting out a deathly groan as if the goo was alive. Berozu whispered quietly to himself, just loud enough for Haji to make out. "I'm so sorry I couldn't save you, I have failed you both just like a failed him..." It seemed Haji was at an impasse, Kendomo appeared unlikely to trust his would be follower. And now with Berozu's thoughts of Haji corrupted, it would take a great deal of convincing to make him think he was still on his side.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji's blood went cold in his veins as the great beast emerged from the shadows. Berozu was trembling in his cocoon, the poor toad's heart broken at Haji's apparent betrayal, tears hissing into the cauldron. Haji knew the risk he had been taking, and he wanted more than anything to assuage Berozu's hurt feelings, but the charade could not end just yet. Not until Haji was ready, he needed more information. His bottom hands moved slowly, grabbing one of the tiger claw weapons he held in his palms when he fought, and attaching a strand of mucus to it. Using Berozu's body to cover his action he slowly dipped the blades of the tiger claw into the cauldron's contents. If the claw came out unscathed he would do so with three more of the tiger claws if he had time before the great beast sprung. If the cauldron destroyed the claw, he would not destroy his remaining weapons.

Something that the beast said bothered him. a little more? Haji thought to himself before he spoke, dread building in his chest. Berozu had been leading Haji into a trap. Kendomu has someone of interest to Berozu, maybe his wife? A child? A brother? A friend? it doesn't matter, the toad isn't totally at fault, he needed help, I just hope that I am enough Haji put the bubbling cauldron in between himself and the great beast at all times as he spoke and prepared his weapons. Before he could, Berozu let out a lament that shook Haji with rage. It was all he could do to keep from rushing the great beast, and he was grateful for the mask he wore because he grit his teeth to keep his nerves. Finally Haji answered the beasts question.

"You know, I was truly hoping you were stupid enough to give up the element of surprise, and if it was that easy to trick you then beating your ass is gonna be a cake walk" Haji removed his mask now, he would need the beast to see his face for the full effect. "You have destroyed this land, you have taken this poor Toads family captive, and finally you have conspired to make a meal of me? That's three mistakes too many Kendomu, you may be a beast of legend, but I? Well, I'm a god"

with a grin that reeked of insanity, Haji burst through the first five gates of the Hachimon in one single intake of breath, his great black and purple aura wrapping around his instantly engorged and discolored muscles. His voice became deep and menacing as before. He set Berozu down behind him and with a flick of one of his hands he freed the toad. Keeping his eyes on Kendomu Haji spoke in his deep and malformed voice, gently and with comfort for the hurt toad. "Go Berozu, find your family" he spoke quietly "Find them and run as far as you can with them, I will deal with Kendomu" Haji did not meet the Toads gaze but kept his eyes forward and on the beast. "I'm... I'm sorry to have used you like that" Haji said with finality "Now go!"

Haji raised his voice to a great roar for Kendomu. "Now Kendomu" a faint gold grew over all six of Haji's hands "Will you submit and enter the cauldron? Or will I need to force you in? The hunger of a god is infinite, but you may just begin to satisfy me" Haji gave the beast a terrible grin.

"It's supper time mother fucker"

Haji screeched with a terrible cackle, he broke into the sixth and seventh gates, the furthest he had ever gone, his aura pouring off of him in great dark waves, all six of his arms splayed out like a great and terrible deity of destruction.

He reached down with his golden mucus covered hands and heaved the cauldron over his head and rushed Kendomu at a speed he never knew he was capable of.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kendomo said:
This massive manticore towers above any normal man as its sheer weight and stature strikes fear into the eyes of any who stand before him. Once a noble hero of the land, Kendomo was betrayed by someone dear to his heart and he succumbed to the ways of darkness transforming him into the monster you see before you. His entire body is his weapon, equipped with a pair of leathery wings and equally awe inspiring claws. But the most lethal portion is his stinger, crude in shape and usage, this sharp instrument is capable of inflicting death with just a drop of the poison within. He has made this forest his home and his ilk has dug its claws deep into the land causing it to decay and reflect the darkness within Kendomo's own heart.
Battle Info said:
HP: 40,000
CP: 36,000

Agility: 600
Stamina: 600
Ninjutsu: 600
Genjutsu: 600
Taijutsu: 600
Chakra: 600

PL: 3,600
AP: 10

Class: The Cursed Hero
Class Bonus: +4 Poison DC and Resistance
High: Melee Accuracy
Med: Evasion, Genjutsu DC, Genjutsu Save
Low: Ninjutsu Accuracy, Ranged Accuracy

The Clawful Stinger
Damage Type: Slashing and Peircing
Damage Modifier: -15%
Accuracy Modifier: +3
Effect: Grants Kendomo access to all Slashing and Piercing Taijutsu, E through A ranks. May cause bleeding.

Moves said:
Toxicity - Passive said:
The poisons used by Kendomo are especially deadly as he has had nothing but time to perfect his concoctions.

Effect: +2 Poison Strength and Resistance
King of the Jungle - Passive said:
Kendomo makes it quite clear who is the top dog, or top beast amongst all that roam these dreadful lands. Over the years Kendomo has learned to frighten even the bravest of combatants with a single glare.

Effect: All actions done by Kendomo have a 10% chance to strike 'fear' into a target and cause their next action to fail, resulting in a loss of Ap, but not Cp.
Cost: None/Constant

Note: Can only be affected by this once per round
Sinister Slash - C rank Taijutsu said:
Kendomo's fabled claw jutsu is only seen by a select few. And most of them either become shredded mincemeat shortly after or are left brutily maimed. Incredibly leathal and deadly, any that are unfortunate enough to experience this jutsu have already lost.

Effect: Deals 2,500 damage at -2 Accuracy. Upon a full hit, a poison check is made to determine whether the target is affected by the 'Acursed" effect
Cost: 1.75 AP and 500 Cp to initiate.

Note: Accursed effect: Those effected suffer +15% bleeding damage and have a 35% chance to have their bleed level increased every round. A poison check is made at the beginning of each round to determine if this effect is dispelled or not.
Wing Battery - B rank Taijutsu said:
A heavy damage area-attack wherein Teichou will spin 1080 degrees with his enormous wing span.

Effect: Three checks at +2 Accuracy, attempt to hit up to two targets. Each check dealing 1,250 each with a 15% chance of inflicting the crush effect.
Cost: 2.25 AP and 625 Cp to initiate.

Note: Crush effect: Causes suppression and increased the called shot level of a random limb by one.
Unhollowed Strike - A rank Taijutsu said:
Kendomo's ultimate weapon, his stinger. Capable of killing a normal man 100 times over, this strike is sure to strike fear into even the ranks of the elite. The poison that exudes from this lethal instrument is not one to take lightly, or it shall take you lightly to death's gates.

Effect: Deals no damage at +2 accuracy. Upon a full hit a poison check is made to determine whether the target is affected by the "Death's Door" effect.
Cost: 2.75 AP and 2000 Cp to initiate.

Note: Death's Door Effect: 5% chance at the start of each round to instantly deal 25% max uneducable HP damage. A poison check is made at the beginning of each round to determine if this effect is dispelled or not. The percent chance is cumulatively stacked for each failed attempt at dealing HP damage. (IE 5%,10%, 15%, Ect.)

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Berozu, still torn up about the situation, looked up at Haji with an apprehensive gaze. He was confused at first but quickly realized that his comrade had not betrayed him after all and gave a nod of approval before hopping away. He wasn't sure how Haji had figured it all out, but this adventure was rigged from the start. His family had been captured by Kendomo and his eldest son had been killed and eaten in the process of it all. With his youngest son and his wife imprisoned, Berozu had only one other option. He was incapable of defeating such a beast, but he knew of ninja that resided within Lightning Country that might get the job done. It was as if fate intervened and set him along Haji's path, a great shinobi capable of withstanding tremendous amounts of toxicity. Once the little toad was safely out of sight, Haji would continue along the warpath against this mighty fiend.

The substance obliterated his first weapon entirely, leaving him one weapon down. But it mattered not as he was a weapon himself as he exploded into a raging inferno upon releasing his mystical gates. With a massive pot of boiling goo atop his shoulders, he rushed Kendomo at super sonic speeds. The pot spilled its contents over Kendomo in entirety, reacting much like a corrosive action melting the beast to nothing but bones. And then a plume of white smoke erupted and the vile mess disappeared. A low rumbling voice echoed throughout the canyon, surely shaking Haji to the core both with fear and anticipation. "I see that your intentions are clear. Be you brave or foolish, your fate will be the same. Prepare yourself, I shall welcome you openly into my gullet!" He had deceived the intruders after all, hiding within the shadows, using a clone to intercept them. But the fight was on, and Kendomo was preparing his assault. Ready yourself for the fight of your life Haji!!!

Actions
1. Draw "Strainweed" Poison
2. Apply Strainweed to weapon
3. Use Sinister Slash, targeting Haji
4. Use Wing Battery, targeting Haji and any extension of him
5. Use Unhollowed Strike, targeting Haji
6. Use Kill Driver [Mastered] Targeting Haji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the great beast hissed and bubbled Haji felt a flood of relief wash over him, which was instantly replaced by alarming and near paralyzing fear as the deformed body of the beast burst into a cloud of white smoke. Haji dropped the cauldron and wheeled around. Normally his inner gates allowed him to recognize a clone instantly, but he had been so wrapped up in getting the firs strike in, that he hadn't been paying attention.

Kendomu roared out a response to Haji's challenge, to which Haji put himself on guard. His aura was pouring off of him, and his arms and legs vibrated to the point of cracking the gorund beneath him; he had never gone this far into the gates, seven was pushing him into his upper limits and he was having issues controlling his strength and speed. Standing still was not a strong point of the inner eight gates. Luckily Haji didn't need to stay still for too long as the great beast lunged at him from behind. A great slash opened up along Haji's back as he danced away, he winced at the pain that lanced through his body, he was lucky he had only been raked by the claws and not by the deadly venomous tail. Still he could feel a poison racing through his system, his own powerful antibodies working against the poison trying to shut his body down. Blood poured off of his back from the deep wound, Haji would have to try and staunch the bleeding somehow.

Haji tried to wheel about and rush back into Kendomu only to be repulsed by his great wing beats. Haji pushed through the great wind with all his might, being slowed down by the wind but with the help of the inner eight gates he would push through to get within striking distance of Kendomu. "My turn" he growled as he released a great pulse of aura from his body, the afternoon spider launching off of his body and into the great beast. However, just as he went in to attack Kendomu's great tail lashed out at him, Haji put all six of his arms up to try and grab the tail and block its stinger from injecting an unstoppable venom from entering his body. While he tried to hold the tail at bay Kendomu's claws raked at his body in a flurry of blows that Haji was forced to take, leaving him battered and bleeding profusely as he rolled away from the beast.

Haji stood back and flew through some hand seals. His poison jutsu coursed through his body fighting to reverse the effects of the poison already within him, and turn it into his own strength. He summoned all the power he could and blasted two great aura strikes at Kendomu to keep him at bay, the evening spider mammoth launching in spectacular and destructive fashion from his six palms.
Used, Afternoon Tiger, Toxic Conversion, and Evening Mammoth jutsu. Im not sure if I should be trying to use old Hachimon, or new hachimon stuff for this haha

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Haji was a testament to the enormous, yet dangerous, capabilities to those who have unlocked the secrets of the eight Inner gates. The sheer pressure alone from his aura would have outright incapacitated any normal man and caused a weaker shinobi to buckle to their knees or perhaps just piss their pants. But like any mortal's weakness, the element of surprise would nearly always triumph. Kendomo made a stealthy attack from his rear, taking him off guard. The crimson spray of a fresh wound opening clung to the air, invading their senses with a irony taste. The poison seeped into Haji's veins raging through his system. But Haji was a rare and resourceful shinobi and his claims were not exaggerated. His body quickly went to work at combating the poison.

Kendomo was relentless in his assault, as a beast of legend should be. He wasted no time in engaging Haji with a furious wing buffet, forcing tremendous waves of energy towards the shinobi. Had it been anyone else, surely they would have succumbed to the strength of Kendomo, but Haji was special. With the power of his gates he forged onwards, headstrong, into the winds on par with that of a terrible storm. With tremendous force, Haji landed his assault on Kendomo fully, but this mythical beast would not be felled so easily. He took the pain like a man, err... a beast-man! As Kendomo went in for the kill with his deadly stinger, Haji reacted with lightning speed grasping his tail with all six appendages. But it would cost him as Kendomo was keen and seized the moment to shred the frontal section of his foe. His blood was thick and coated Kendomo's claws with a pleasant shade of red, a toothy grin stretched across his face with glee. "You are fast, little man. But your fate will be the same as all the other lonely people that stumbled into my domain. Someone will die this day..."

Haji vaulted backwards into a furious string of seals to cleanse his body off the toxins before cascading directly into an attack of mammoth proportions. The force collided with Kendomo with deadly accuracy, a spurt of blackish liquid escaping from his toothy maw. The blast sent the massive beast rolling backwards, colliding with the canyon wall. Instantly it cracked and shattered under the force's inertia causing it to cave down upon the beast, burying him under a pile of boulders and debris. For the briefest of moments silence regained its hold on the scene. An eerie silence resounded throughout the area giving hints towards the battle's end. But such things were too good to be true, unfortunately. Like a raging volcano, so too did Kendomo erupt from the pile of rubble sending earthy shrapnel out like boulder sized bullets. One wing was torn while the other was broken all together, limp and useless. "I applaud your tenacity, mortal. But as I said, try as you might, I always get my mark. Prepare yourself to be welcomed through death's doors!" with a ferocious bellow, Kendomo cried out for what may have felt like 30 episodes as he underwent a painful looking transformation.

Wicked and cruel looking spines arose from his body, jagged and barbed they were, a forest of prickly weapons. Had there actually been a shining sun to cast its light upon the earth, surely it would have been blotted out by the overwhelming crescendo of spines that were aimed at Haji. Surely the shinobi was prepared for such an attack and would likely counter with something dastardly. But Kendomo was no fool and was fully prepared for anything. In a quick reaction he would ball up, leaving only his deadly spines to protrude outwards and retaliate against Haji and his attack. Once his defensive action was resolved he would explode from his would be spine cocoon and surprise Haji with a number of spines shot outwards pinning him against the canyon wall. Spines penetrated his flesh and cemented their selves against the rock hard exterior of the walls, keeping him from moving. Kendomo casually strolled up to his prey, knowing full well he had bought him time enough to finish him off for good. "As I told you before, you are no match for me. Your death will be a painful one, but quick. My venom is legendary, you will not survive this..." And with that, he thrusted his tail outwards towards Haji's chest. A sickening sound reverberated across the desolate forest as the stinger pierced flesh...

[DON'T Look at this until the very last moment of your reply!]
Perhaps he closed his eyes in anticipation of his inevitable death, or maybe he witnessed it all first hand. Nobody could have anticipated the actions that would take place in this split second of destiny. It was true, what Kendomo said, Haji was no match for this legendary beast, chances are that nobody was his equal. But there was a secret that nobody ever lived to tell the tale. Kendomo's poison was indeed incredible and unstoppable, but what they didn't know is that after injecting his venom into a target, it left the mythical beast in a severely weakened state. All but helpless now, Kendomo's venom ravaged the body he struck with relentless power. A weak and unavoidable cough of blood later, a familiar face spoke up. "Ya aint dyin on my watch, boyo..." It would appear that Berozu was more capable then he initially let on, somehow able to intercept the stinger before it reached Haji's body. Upon the Cliffside Haji would make out two similarly green figures. His assumptions were right, Kendomo had captured his family, what was left of it anyways. His eldest son had already been slain attempting to defend the rest and eaten by the beast and intended on consuming the rest of the Berozu family. But the father, Berozu managed to escape while his wife and youngest son were held captive for the evening's meal.

Berozu had done as instructed, he freed his family from their cage, but he couldn't just let Haji fend for himself. Not after all the man had done to rescue his family. Not that he knew what was going on, but it was the least he could do after using the shinobi as he did. The dying toad, using what little energy he had left in him, look upwards towards Haji. "Thank you for helping me this day, your efforts will not be forgotten for many generations. Please don't let my sacrifice be in va--" Berozu was quickly cut off as Kendomo wrenched his tail, sending his stinger upwards through the toad's chest, killing him instantly. Even should a proficient medic be there to mend his wounds, there was no cure for the venom that had already taken its toll upon the green body. "What a pathetic waste of energy. No matter, your death will quickly follow. You might as well give up now, as you clearly saw, you are no match for me. Submit and I will make your death quick..."" Kendomo attempted to bluff his way to victory, knowing full well he was spent having used up his venom and energy. But Haji was no fool...

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji breathed heavily. The gates were beginning to truly take a toll on him, he had been using them for too long and his boddy was starting to pay for it, not to mention the bloody wounds inflicted by Kendomu. After he had finished cleansing his body of the poison, or rather changing it to help heal his body rather than destroy it, he rounded on Kendomu and blasted him back causing him to be crushed by stone. Haji's ragged breath was all that could be heard for a brief and wonderful moment where he thought he had won. But the beast emerged, battered but unbeaten.

Sinister words were carried over the echo of the canyon as Kendomu roared and mutated horribly before Haji's eyes. Haji rushed forward hoping to stop the transformation with a swift blow, but he knew he was too slow. He coated himself with Golden mucus but too late as the the great spines shot out and he could feel them blast through his protective coating ind into his flesh. A roar of pain exploded out of Haji, his leg and two of his arms had been pinned painfully to the rock wall. The beast approached Haji who was grunting in pain and horror at his crippled limbs. "As I told you before, you are no match for me. Your death will be a painful one, but quick. My venom is legendary, you will not survive this..." Haji tried to shift to get out of the way of the incoming blow but was weakened and pinned down. It looked like the end.

But instead Haji felt no blow, he turned his head forward to see little Berozu, impaled upon the stinger meant for him. His eyes widened as he yelled out in shock. "Shit... shit shit shit SHIT" Haji panicked

"Ya aint dyin on my watch, boyo..." Haji couldn't believe his eyes, he glanced up to see two similar looking toads to Berozu a distance away. He looked back down at his toad friends ravaged body. "I'm so sorry Berozu, I'm sorry for deceiving you. You are an honorable man, and I am glad to have known a friend like you." Haji could feel the tears welling in his eyes.

"Thank you for helping me this day, your efforts will not be forgotten for many generations. Please don't let my sacrifice be in va--" Haji felt a low moan escape his mouth as he saw his friend gutted by the stinger being ripped from his friends small body. Berozu's lifeless body tossed to the side.

"What a pathetic waste of energy. No matter, your death will quickly follow. You might as well give up now, as you clearly saw, you are no match for me. Submit and I will make your death quick..."" The beast's tail and legs quivered as it stepped back from Haji.

His face was blank in shock, tears streamed down his cheeks, slowly his jaw clenched and his face contorted into a mask of rage incarnate. A low rumble began to eminate from Haji as he placed one of his hands over his heart and dug four fingers deep into his flesh and twisted. The low rumble exploded into a roar so loud and destructive it shook the very canyon that they battled in. His arms and legs shook with power as Haji ripped his trapped limbs from the wall. The eight and final gate was open, there was no turning back now.

Haji was no longer capable of speaking, he only bellowed like some forgotten demon in the furthest depths of hell and took one step toward Kendomu, covering the distance in a blink. He grabbed hold of Kendomu's great tale and tore it out by the root as if he were just pulling a weed. Kendomu tried to fight back, his claws and broken wings feebly kicking at Haji, some of them meeting his body and tearing him a new wound, but Haji was blind to his own pain at this point. If he could feel pain every single one of his nerves would be screeching and he would be on the ground howling. Kicking the great damaged beast over like a man would knock over a chair Haji lifted the great tale over Kendomu's great and bloody body, he brought it down hard over and over again impaling the beast through his stomach. The tale woudl strike over and over again until Haji was just using it like a club. He kept smashing it into Kendomu until the tail came apart bloody in his hands. Haji would jump on top of Kendomu's body and wail on him until he turned into a bloody pulp and Haji would be bathed in his blood before finally pulling away. A final bellow echoed out of Haji as his body failed him, the eight gates falling off as his chakra was burned away.

His deep dark aura would fade away as Haji fell against a boulder, his muscles in his arms and legs would be twitching and blood would pour down from his chest where his fingers had pierced. He coughed, and blood spewed from his mouth, laying powerless against the rock wall, he could feel himself losing consciousness. As his eyes were drooping down, he spotted Berozu, and he felt strength return to his crippled body. Haji crawled over to where Berozu had been tossed, and cradled his body in his lap. "Looks... *cough* like this might be it" Haji spoke softly, he barely had the strength to speak anymore. "At least I got him..." Haji shook Berozu lightly "I really wish you were still acting, but you were never this good" Haji whispered, tears fell freely to the blood soaked earth beneath him.

[Wc 947]
[MFT]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((OoC: Hey Haji, Something came up with Kaen so I will be finishing your mod for you. I will be reading it and working on it tomorrow, so please bare with me during this transition and I hope I can continue the flow with minimal bumps in your contract search!))

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The scene was too horrific to watch. Covering the eyes of the youngest son the wife of the brave toad caught a glimpse of what happened. Her husband's life had been taken away by the fearsome beast, but hero of our story was amble to ultimately defeat the monstrous beast that once held the family captive. Moving her son away from view the small toad hopped to be by the side of her now late husband, Berozu. Tears pouring down her bluish green skin the toad let out a loud moaning croak of nothing but sorrow. She had lost not only the love of her life and the father to her child, but her best friend. Placing her small green hand on her hero's leg she would finally speak up to Haki. "Thank you for saving us..." Her voice trailed off as wails of sorrow filled her mouth. Placing her face on his pant leg the toad's body became week with grief. She could feel that the sadness that her husband's friend was feeling was true and pure. Wiping tears from her eyes she would grab a hold of the remaining fabric on Haji's body and tug slightly as if to follow her. "Please, Friend of Berozu, bring him this way.."</COLOR><i></i> As she spoke she would sluggishly hop back towards where she had tucked her youngest son.

The small toad there was in a meditative stance, surprisingly enough given what just happened. Opening his eyes and letting out a croak the young amphibian would regurgitate up a scroll that he would fully pull from his throat and unravel. On this scroll was a rune similar to those used in summoning items. His mother would then gesture to Haji asking him to place the boy's father on the scroll. "Please, this will take him home, to his final resting place." As she spoke the son of the fallen toad made a handseal which once Berozu's body was placed on the scroll would cause a puff of smoke appear where the body had vanished. The bluish toad looked over to her acquaintance. <COLOR color="#00BF80">"My name is Geroka"<i></i> She sniffled. "Please, come with me."<i></i> But instead of hopping off in a direction she would jump up onto the Spider-Man's shoulder before making a handseal and reverse summoning the duo.

The smoke would slowly clear to reveal that the small lady-toad had caused the two of them to appear in a completely different environment. A huge wave of humidity and mugginess filled the air and the sensation of water could be felt. Standing on a giant lily pad the duo would be summoned to a giant swamp with trees hundreds of times larger than normal. The cost seemed clear until a booming voice would echo from just behind the man-spider and the widow. "How dare you interrupt me!"<i></i> If the man would turn around he would daze upon Lord Susamaji. Sitting on his throne this samurai was one hundred feet tall, and had a katana mounted beside him that was at least seventy feet long. His large hat would cast a large shadow which enveloped the entire lily pad on which they stood. Holding a large pipe in his hand a large gust of tobacco smoke would rise above him as it would slip from his lips as he spoke. "Geroka, who is this ant you have summoned before me?"<i></i> As he spoke he shifted in his seat raised the lid above his eye, where humans would have an eyebrow.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[[Thanks for taking over mate]]

Haji had completely forgotten about Berozu's family in his own grief and exhaustion. Blood covered his battered body, a mix of his, Berozu's and Kendomu's; he looked like something out of a nightmare. But Berozu's little toad wife hopped up to him, he couldn't bear to look her in the eye, he caught a glimpse of the sorrow on her face and he recoiled. Berozu had sacrificed himself, leaving his wife and child behind, just to save a shinobi whose job it was to protect those like Berozu and his family. An honerable man, a brave man, a loving man, snuffed out to save a kumo ninja with no family, only a duty. Haji felt worthless in that moment, and it was the first time he had felt regret in his entire life.

Everything Berozu's wife said was muffled by the numbness that coursed through his body. He got the message though, walk this way, bring the body. He tried to get up slowly, his whole body felt like it had been stuck with a straw and drained of strength, they were cold and void of feeling as he shakily lifted himself and Berozu's ravaged corpse. He limped after the toad woman, walking past and keeping his face forward, Berozu's child was the one thing in the world he did not want to face right now, he would rather fight another Kendomu. He heard a croak from the boy, and suddenly a scroll was unfurled on the ground in front of him. The toad wife spoke, her name was Geroka, and she asked him to place Berozu on the scroll. Haji silently complied and his friend was gone in a puff of smoke. Relief filled Haji, he had gotten Berozu home. Tears filled his eyes, the whole thing was hitting him hard right then. But he did not have time to collapse, which probably saved his life since he was positive he would not have the strength or motivation to pick himself back up, because Geroka hopped upon his shoulder with a beckoning and then he too was gone in a puff of smoke.

Haji nearly choked on the change of atmosphere, it was much thicker than the air in the mutated plains, but it was also much cleaner. He breathed deep. Then his mouth dropped open, his head and eyes slowly climbing up the mountain of a toad that stood before him. The great toad bellowed a question to his guide Geroka, it washed over him reverberating through his bones and dousing him in a cloud of tobacco smoke. Haji repressed a cough, and stared down at the lily pad he was on now, kneeling to the ground.

"Pardon me answering for my guide here" Haji was surprised to find his voice was clear and strong "but, I am Haji, oh great one" he bowed his head even lower, touching his hands and forehead to the lily pad and stayed that way. "I.... I am the reason for the death of Berozu" he felt his voice cracking now, he was glad his face was averted as the tears began to flow once more. "If you would allow me, I would love nothing more than to tell you of his bravery, and his sacrifice" He lay still and waited for the judgment of the great toad, it just felt nice to be laying on the lily pad, even if it was in prostration.

[WC 573]
[MFT]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((OoC:I am so sorry for the delay, personal life hit me and my family hard but I am trying to come back now. This post isn't the best but I do not want to keep you waiting any longer.))

The large toad before the two motioned his great mighty hand as the toad-wife would try and speak after the man, causing her to remain silent. She too bowed her head in respect as tears fell from her eyes and a cry softly escaped her lips. The mighty toad would raise from his seat before speaking. "If you wish to tell me of how it was by your hand my beloved friend is no longer with us then do speak..."<i></i> The tip of his katana was swung quickly through the air, slicing the very gas itself before stopping just before the spider like man. The tip of the katana was so sharp that if attempted hairs on Haji's head cold be easily split with no effort. The anger and passion in her voice was unrivaled by any mere man.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((sorry headed into finals at uni))

Haji's head rose from the ground to stare the toad lord and his giant katana down, he was exhausted and near the edge of consciousness, but a fire burned in his eyes as he straightened himself up and sat with a look of great anguish. "I will tell you" Haji uttered softly. So he broke into his tale, how his friend had come upon him testing his own ability to adapt to the poisons that entered his body. How the toad had berated him for doing something so unfathomably stupid. How Haji had laughed and shared his food with him before they set off on their journey in search of Kendomu. Their meeting with the lizard prince and his merry band of warriors who he had fed whilst Berozu slept soundly through his own raging.

How they had come up against Kendomu and Haji sent him away to rescue his family after using him as bait, and then how he was all but dead as Kendomu had pinned him against the rock wall. Berozu's sacrifice became difficult for Haji to relive, but he swallowed hard and made it through, his voice becoming more and more raw as he went on. Berozu's final moments, and the death of the great beast as Haji had pummeled him to death with his own venomous tail out of rage over his friends demise. How he held his friend as he died, broken in body himself, the two of them sitting in the shade of the canyon.

Haji finished and sat quietly for some time. He had no more to say, he awaited the great toads judgement.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Listening intently the Lord of the Toad would puff on his long pipe, filling the bog with a thicker curtain of smoke that slowly dissipated after each exhale the massive amphibious samurai would release. Upon hearing the ending of the story the toad closed his eyes and crossed his arms softly humming a tone of deep thought. Catching his pipe in an upwards direction from the corner of his mouth he would let out a deeply held veil of smoke from the opposing side. "So it seams..." Opening his eyes the massive creature would lean forward as he grabbed the pipe from his mouth to speak more clearly to the small human before him. "It seems that my old friend truly trusted and believed in you. Even telling me his death was due to your interference was very ambitious of you little man."<i></i> Closing his eyes he once again made that same thinking sound/ "Hhmm..."<i></i> Silence fell the overlord before a chuckle came from his lips. The soft chuckle quickly grew to a deep hearty laugh. "Ambitious indeed! Berezu found quite the hero didn't he? Such a small thing made such an impact on his family's life. I like you human! Please, what is your name?"<i></i> Whether or not he had introduced himself before was irrelevant as the Toad Overlord paid it no mind until now.

Placing the pipe down the toad laid his hand flat with his palm facing up. With the other hand he made a single handseal which summoned a large red scroll that fit in his hand a scroll would normally fit in the hand of a shinobi. Laying the scroll down he unraveled the seal and opened it to expose an empty page of silky smooth and perfectly dry red parchment. "Berozu would wish for you to become our kin. You saved his family so I am indebted to you. If ever there is a time of need that you require the aid of my kin we will hear your call and come to you. Sign your name and forever become one of our kin!"<i></i> A quill would appear on the parchment as the toad waited for his response.

If the scroll was signed the toad would make another handseal to dissipate the scroll and reverse summon it back to the home where it was originally brought forth from. and unless the man before the Great Lord Michiru had anything to say he two would be reversed summoned back to the place in his world where he originally met the recently deceased Berozu.

(OoC:If you sign this the contract search has been completed and you have passed :) you can leave the thread if you would like)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji would sign with his blood and then pass out on the Lily pad he occupied. Carried back to rest peacefully in the meadow where he first met his good friend. He dreamed of their meeting, and a smile crept over his resting face.

((OOC signed and accepted! Ty))

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back