Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Battlesmith

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Battlesmith
8q5d0EN.png

Known among their compatriots as 'walking armories,' a Battlesmith is the master of all weaponry and armor. Ranged and melee, sharp and blunt, the weapons a Battlesmith uses in combat tend to be higher quality than any other. The way to spot one is easy--they're the ones walking onto a battlefield with a half-dozen sheaths strapped to them overtop their conspicuously well-maintained armor.

Eternal Arms Mastery – Passive (3 points)
The mastership of the Battlesmith in the art of weapon combat is said to be unparalleled. Likewise, their mastery over the creation and use of the weapons themselves is such that they can coax far more out of them than anyone else.
Effect: When creating a weapon, the user may choose a second weapon attribute from a different weapon type.
Notes: Weapon types are Slashing, Piercing, Bludgeoning, Unarmed, Projectile, Ranged, and Puppet.

Masterwork - Passive (1 point)
Restriction- May be purchased up to three times
When a mastersmith has forged the weapon you use, you can be assured of quality. When the one wielding the weapon is said mastersmith, that quality tends to carry over to the battlefield as well--along with an innate understanding of the weapons they spent their own time making.
Effect: +1 Taijutsu Accuracy.

Warforged Style - Physical Style (3 points)
No one knows war like those who craft its weapons. A Battlesmith knows war inside and out, and is able to harness that fire that forges their weapons for it. During combat, this lets them rapidly shift and adapt to the situation, performing otherwise impossible and instant feats of crafting that gift their active weapon with unusual ability.
Effect: While this style is active, the user may switch weapons for 0 AP without limit. While in this style, every weapon gains the ability to cause Bleeding and Suppression. If the weapon can already cause Bleeding or Suppression, it gains a 5% chance to causing this. All CP costs are increased by 15% while this style is active.
Notes:
- Like any other fighting style, this can be turned on or off at the user’s discretion or lack thereof.

Armored Soul - Independent Special Move (2 points)
Restriction- Requires Light Armor or Heavy Armor
Armor doesn't have to be merely physical, something a Battlesmith knows very well. Since one wouldn't be caught dead in a fight without their physical armor, there are certain on-the-fly enhancements that can be made to make it something a little more.
Effect: The user enhances their Light Armor or Heavy Armor for 1 AP and 1000 CP. While active, the user gains +10% Damage Reduction from their armor, which applies to Illusionary Damage. If the user is in Heavy Armor, the penalties from it are negated. Costs 500 CP/rnd to maintain.

Find The Weakness - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
While it is easier for a Battlesmith to know armor they have forged themselves, that isn't a particular limitation for them. By landing a glancing blow on their enemy's, they can know a good deal more of it than that enemy would like them to. At the very least, they can know enough to gain an edge against it.
Effect: The user may lower the accuracy of this offensive taijutsu by -2, if this is a full hit the next called shot has two chances to raise the called shot level.
Costs +15% CP and may only be used once per 10 seconds.

Armor Augmentation - Passive (2 points)
Restriction- Requires Light Armor or Heavy Armor
Normally, only weapons can be upgraded and augmented. Battlesmiths prefer to ignore that limit as arbitrary. Why shouldn't they also make their armor even more useful? Of course, armor isn't a weapon, so it can be somewhat limited, but it's still rather beneficial.
Effect: The user may choose to equip either their Light Armor or Heavy Armor with any single Weapon Augment that does not require attacking to enact its effect. (Example: The Recovery augment.) The effects of the same augment do not stack if they are on both the user's armor and equipped weapon. This may only be done on one single Armor if the user possesses more than one, and must be done in the user's Dojo as normal for inventory.

Weapon Finesse - Ability Modification (3 points)
Restriction- Requires Weapon Mastery
A true weapon master is not limited by the form of their weapon. A Battlesmith might insist, with the surety of one who can alter the properties of weapons as easily as any other ninja can shift their stance, that really any advanced skill can be applied to any weapon, if one is good enough at both.
Effect: The Weapon Mastery skill the user chooses will apply to the user's active weapon, regardless of whether it is of the correct subtype.

Battle Spirit - Independent Special Move (2 points)
The passion of the battle often envelops a Battlesmith, especially when they are deep into the fray. This does not, however, mean that they lose their heads. No, anyone who is accustomed to working in a high-pressure, dangerous environment such as a forge knows how to stop for a quick second and take stock of the situation so they can handle it a little more calmly.
Effect: When the user is afflicted with an effect that prevents them from choosing targets, they may pay 1 AP and 800 CP to ignore all such effects for 10 seconds. This may be used reflexively but does not have to be. Requires 10 seconds of cooldown after completion.
Note: This only applies to effects on the user, not general battlefield effects such as clones or transformations.

High Quality – Passive (1 point)
Restriction- May be purchased twice.
Battlesmiths, as the name implies, are smiths. They take their weapon creation very seriously. They have mastered their craft, often implementing ninjutsu for higher temperatures in the forge and infusing chakra directly into their materials for more power. It is little wonder that their weapons are so powerful.
Effect: +5% taijutsu damage

Craftsman - Passive (3 points)
Fine honing of a weapon can take a long time even for a skilled smith, but sometimes a Battlesmith simply doesn't have time, and the modifications they require must be made on the fly in the middle of a fight. Fortunately, they're quite capable of improvising together two of their existing weapons.
Effect: The user gains an extra augment slot on all of their weapons.

Fine Focus - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
A Battlesmith in armor is accustomed to taking heavy blows, but that does not mean that tanking them is all they can do. If a particularly good one catches them off-guard, they may be tempted to throw it back in the face of the one that dealt it, if somewhat imperfectly.
Effect: The user may turn any Offensive Taijutsu Technique into a Called Shot for +20% CP costs. This has a 10 second cooldown after use.

Trace Projection - Buffing Taijutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
Restriction- A-Rank and up
Normally to craft a weapon, a smith sketches out a blueprint with their preferred drawing implement before endeavouring to bring it to life through hard work and skill. A Battlesmith can temporarily ignore this limitation, creating the blueprint out of nothing and turning that into the weapon itself in an instant before striking. This has a cost, however--a weapon made this way is only good for a single attack. Of course, there's always more where that one came from.
Rank 1/2: Once this is activated, the user is able to form a new weapon with each weapon attack they make. These weapons are created just as the user attacks with them (meaning as they attack, not when they begin preparing the attack), and break upon completion of the attack. These weapons use the normal Weapon Creation rules with the exception of gaining +0/1 accuracy over normal weapons, and may also copy augments from any of the user's owned weapons. The user may also choose effects from the below effect list, at the cost of one augment slot each, at rank 2 the first augment below does not take a slot.
  • Copy Combo: This attack may be combo'd with any taijutsu of equal or lesser rank.
  • Pinpoint Strike: The attack from this weapon always have +1 Critical range, even if the target has reduced or negated critical range.
  • Mimic Align: The weapon's attack will use the effect of an alignment of the user's choice (Alignment Rules), but will not be treated as that alignment. (Meaning the user does not shift to that alignment, nor do they deal increased/reduced damage to other alignments.)
  • Flicker Shield: The next attack targeting the user has a -10% chance of secondary effect success rate.
  • Armor Enhancer: On a Full Hit you negate the first +5% buff to all incoming damage.
  • Stolen Voice: After this attack, the user has +2 gen save for 10 seconds. This has a 10 second cooldown.
  • Unerring Aim: This weapon ignores accuracy penalties on the jutsu it is used with.
  • Long Reach: This attack may target Airborne opponents normally.
  • Aura Burst: If this attack causes a partial hit, the user can redirect the lowered damage to another target at -2 accuracy.
  • Spirited Aim: If the user has Battle Spirit active, this attack bypasses blind shot checks. If this attack hits, it does not knock the opponent out of stealth.
Cost: 2.75 AP, 2060 CP, each weapon costs 200 HP
Notes:
  • This is not a Weapon Creation Technique.
  • May be maintained for up to 30 seconds.
  • Augments gained from Kinjutsu cannot be copied with this technique.
  • The user must specify the full weapon they are using with each weapon attack during this jutsu, or else anything unspecified will be assumed to be the same as the previous weapon. (Meaning weapon type, attributes, accuracy, damage, augments, and any applicable effects from the Effect List.)
  • If the user has an equipped weapon, it is sheathed for 0 AP when this jutsu is activated. If the weapon is from a Weapon Creation jutsu, it is dispelled.
  • The user may use and keep active weapon effects such as Chakra Extension and Elemental Channeling for as long as they choose while this is active with no disruption when the weapons dispel.
  • If the user is in Warforged Style while this jutsu is active, its effect applies with newly created weapons the same as it would freshly drawn ones.

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Code:
B]Battlesmith[/B]
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/8q5d0EN.png[/IMG]
[QUOTE]
Known among their compatriots as 'walking armories,' a Battlesmith is the master of all weaponry and armor. Ranged and melee, sharp and blunt, the weapons a Battlesmith uses in combat tend to be higher quality than any other. The way to spot one is easy--they're the ones walking onto a battlefield with a half-dozen sheaths strapped to them overtop their conspicuously well-maintained armor.

[B][U]Eternal Arms Mastery[/U][/B] – Passive (3 points)
The mastership of the Battlesmith in the art of weapon combat is said to be unparalleled. Likewise, their mastery over the creation and use of the weapons themselves is such that they can coax far more out of them than anyone else.
[B]Effect:[/B] When creating a weapon, the user may choose a second weapon attribute from a different weapon type.
[I][B]Notes:[/B] Weapon types are Slashing, Piercing, Bludgeoning, Unarmed, Projectile, Ranged, and Puppet.[/i]

[B][U]Masterwork[/U][/B] - Passive (1 point)
[I]Restriction-[/I] May be purchased up to three times
When a mastersmith has forged the weapon you use, you can be assured of quality. When the one wielding the weapon is said mastersmith, that quality tends to carry over to the battlefield as well--along with an innate understanding of the weapons they spent their own time making.
[B]Effect:[/B] +1 Taijutsu Accuracy.

[b][u]Warforged Style[/u][/b] - Physical Style (3 points)
No one knows war like those who craft its weapons. A Battlesmith knows war inside and out, and is able to harness that fire that forges their weapons for it. During combat, this lets them rapidly shift and adapt to the situation, performing otherwise impossible and instant feats of crafting that gift their active weapon with unusual ability.
[b]Effect:[/b] While this style is active, the user may switch weapons for 0 AP without limit. While in this style, every weapon gains the ability to cause Bleeding and Suppression. If the weapon can already cause Bleeding or Suppression, it gains a 5% chance to causing this. All CP costs are increased by 15% while this style is active.
[b][i]Notes:[/i][/b][i] 
- Like any other fighting style, this can be turned on or off at the user’s discretion or lack thereof.[/i]

[B][U]Armored Soul[/U][/B] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires [i]Light Armor[/i] or [i]Heavy Armor[/i]
Armor doesn't have to be merely physical, something a Battlesmith knows very well. Since one wouldn't be caught dead in a fight without their physical armor, there are certain on-the-fly enhancements that can be made to make it something a little more.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user enhances their [I]Light Armor[/I] or [I]Heavy Armor[/I] for 1 AP and 1000 CP. While active, the user gains +10% [I]Damage Reduction[/I] from their armor, which applies to [I]Illusionary Damage[/I]. If the user is in [I]Heavy Armor[/I], the penalties from it are negated. Costs 500 CP/rnd to maintain.

[B][U]Find The Weakness[/U][/B] - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
While it is easier for a Battlesmith to know armor they have forged themselves, that isn't a particular limitation for them. By landing a glancing blow on their enemy's, they can know a good deal more of it than that enemy would like them to. At the very least, they can know enough to gain an edge against it.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user may lower the accuracy of this offensive taijutsu by -2, if this is a full hit the next called shot has two chances to raise the called shot level.
Costs +15% CP and may only be used once per 10 seconds.

[B][U]Armor Augmentation[/U][/B] - Passive (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires [i]Light Armor[/i] or [i]Heavy Armor[/i]
Normally, only weapons can be upgraded and augmented. Battlesmiths prefer to ignore that limit as arbitrary. Why shouldn't they also make their armor even more useful? Of course, armor isn't a weapon, so it can be somewhat limited, but it's still rather beneficial.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user may choose to equip either their [I]Light Armor[/I] or [I]Heavy Armor[/I] with any single [I]Weapon Augment[/I] that does not require attacking to enact its effect. [I](Example: The [/I][URL='https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=357&t=51331']Recovery[/URL][I] augment.)[/I] The effects of the same augment do not stack if they are on both the user's armor and equipped weapon. This may only be done on one single Armor if the user possesses more than one, and must be done in the user's Dojo as normal for inventory.

[B][U]Weapon Finesse[/U][/B] - Ability Modification (3 points)
[I]Restriction-[/I] Requires [URL='https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=5386']Weapon Mastery[/URL]
A true weapon master is not limited by the form of their weapon. A Battlesmith might insist, with the surety of one who can alter the properties of weapons as easily as any other ninja can shift their stance, that really any advanced skill can be applied to any weapon, if one is good enough at both.
[B]Effect:[/B] The [I]Weapon Mastery[/I] skill the user chooses will apply to the user's active weapon, regardless of whether it is of the correct subtype.

[B][U]Battle Spirit[/U][/B] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
The passion of the battle often envelops a Battlesmith, especially when they are deep into the fray. This does not, however, mean that they lose their heads. No, anyone who is accustomed to working in a high-pressure, dangerous environment such as a forge knows how to stop for a quick second and take stock of the situation so they can handle it a little more calmly.
[B]Effect:[/B] When the user is afflicted with an effect that prevents them from choosing targets, they may pay 1 AP and 800 CP to ignore all such effects for 10 seconds. This may be used [I]reflexively[/I] but does not have to be. Requires 10 seconds of cooldown after completion.
[B][I]Note:[/I][/B][I] This only applies to effects on the user, not general battlefield effects such as clones or transformations.[/I]

[B][U]High Quality[/U][/B] – Passive (1 point)
[I]Restriction-[/I] May be purchased twice.
Battlesmiths, as the name implies, are smiths. They take their weapon creation very seriously. They have mastered their craft, often implementing ninjutsu for higher temperatures in the forge and infusing chakra directly into their materials for more power. It is little wonder that their weapons are so powerful.
[B]Effect:[/B] +5% taijutsu damage

[B][U]Craftsman[/U][/B] - Passive (3 points)
Fine honing of a weapon can take a long time even for a skilled smith, but sometimes a Battlesmith simply doesn't have time, and the modifications they require must be made on the fly in the middle of a fight. Fortunately, they're quite capable of improvising together two of their existing weapons.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user gains an extra augment slot on all of their weapons.

[B][U]Fine Focus[/U][/B] - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
A Battlesmith in armor is accustomed to taking heavy blows, but that does not mean that tanking them is all they can do. If a particularly good one catches them off-guard, they may be tempted to throw it back in the face of the one that dealt it, if somewhat imperfectly.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user may turn any Offensive Taijutsu Technique into a Called Shot for +20% CP costs. This has a 10 second cooldown after use.

[B][U]Trace Projection[/U][/B] - Buffing Taijutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
[I]Restriction-[/I] A-Rank and up
Normally to craft a weapon, a smith sketches out a blueprint with their preferred drawing implement before endeavouring to bring it to life through hard work and skill. A Battlesmith can temporarily ignore this limitation, creating the blueprint out of nothing and turning that into the weapon itself in an instant before striking. This has a cost, however--a weapon made this way is only good for a single attack. Of course, there's always more where that one came from.
[B]Rank 1/2:[/B] Once this is activated, the user is able to form a new weapon with each weapon attack they make. These weapons are created just as the user attacks with them [I](meaning as they attack, not when they begin preparing the attack)[/I], and break upon completion of the attack. These weapons use the normal [I]Weapon Creation[/I] rules with the exception of gaining +0/1 accuracy over normal weapons, and may also copy augments from any of the user's owned weapons. The user may also choose effects from the below effect list, at the cost of one augment slot each, at rank 2 the first augment below does not take a slot.
[spoiler="Effect List"]
[LIST]
[*][I]Copy Combo:[/I] This attack may be combo'd with any taijutsu of equal or lesser rank.
[*][I]Pinpoint Strike:[/I] The attack from this weapon always have +1 Critical range, even if the target has reduced or negated critical range.
[*][I]Mimic Align:[/I] The weapon's attack will use the effect of an alignment of the user's choice ([I][URL='https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=5510#bbalignment']Alignment Rules[/URL][/I]), but will not be treated as that alignment. [I](Meaning the user does not shift to that alignment, nor do they deal increased/reduced damage to other alignments.)[/I]
[*][I]Flicker Shield:[/I] The next attack targeting the user has a -10% chance of secondary effect success rate.
[*][I]Armor Enhancer:[/i] On a Full Hit you negate the first +5% buff to all incoming damage.
[*][I]Stolen Voice:[/I] After this attack, the user has +2 gen save for 10 seconds. This has a 10 second cooldown.
[*][i]Unerring Aim:[/i] This weapon ignores accuracy penalties on the jutsu it is used with.
[*][i]Long Reach:[/i] This attack may target Airborne opponents normally.
[*][I]Aura Burst:[/I] If this attack causes a partial hit, the user can redirect the lowered damage to another target at -2 accuracy.
[*][I]Spirited Aim:[/I] If the user has [I]Battle Spirit[/I] active, this attack bypasses blind shot checks. If this attack hits, it does not knock the opponent out of stealth.
[/LIST]
[/spoiler]
[B]Cost:[/B] 2.75 AP, 2060 CP, each weapon costs 200 HP
[I][B]Notes:[/B][/i][list]
[*][i]May be maintained for up to 30 seconds.[/i]
[*][i]The user must specify the [B]full[/B] weapon they are using with each weapon attack during this jutsu, or else anything unspecified will be assumed to be the same as the previous weapon. [B](Meaning weapon type, attributes, accuracy, damage, augments, and any applicable effects from the Effect List.)[/B][/i]
[*][i]If the user has an equipped weapon, it is sheathed for 0 AP when this jutsu is activated. If the weapon is from another [B]Weapon Creation[/B] jutsu, it is dispelled.[/i]
[*][i]The user may use and keep active weapon effects such as [B]Chakra Extension[/B] and [B]Elemental Channeling[/B] for as long as they choose while this is active with no disruption when the weapons dispel.[/i]
[*][i]If the user is in [B]Warforged Style[/B] while this jutsu is active, its effect applies with newly created weapons the same as it would freshly drawn ones.[/i][/list][list][/list][/QUOTE][list][/list]

Last edited by a moderator:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back