Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Blind Date [private]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The weather was beautiful; the sun was warm and welcoming, the cooling wind was soft and gentle, nothing but white puffy clouds roamed the sky. It was a perfect day for an evening out, but there was one woman that despite the weather did not seem to be having a good time.

Hakuren was outside of her norm today as she normally wears her priestess outfit everywhere. One of her older sisters set her up on a blind date so naturally she dressed up for the occasion. Though truth be told she never went out on a date before and had no idea what to wear. If it wasn’t for her siblings she might have actually continue to dawn the outfit of a shrine maiden. However they did intervene picking out a little black dress that looked quite flattering on her.

The date was to be at a local restaurant that was having an interesting little event today. Hakuren was early and waits at a table for her date to arrive. She orders a water and tries to calm down. She was so nervous that her hands were visibly shaking as they lay in her lap. She tries to just listen to the music in hopes that she can calm down by getting lost in the melody, but this was not exactly her type of music.

She could not help but worry as question upon question enters her mind. Just what type of man did her sister pick out for her? Will he even show? What would she do if she gets stood up? What if the date goes well? What if he wants to take it to the next level? Hakuren face begins to tint with a shade of red with the last question to enter her mind.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Perfect day doesnt describe a day as nice as this day seemed to be. Tama was talked to during his Jounin rounds if he had a partner... which he didnt, so he wouldnt exactly know how to lie about it, but suddenly he was wrapped up in a wave of dates and such. He had finished his work. Looking into the Black scorpions he didnt see a need for immediate action but it was definitely something that could be used to the village's advantage given the right circumstances. So, with all of his work primarily done for the day he'd issue the schedule for the night watch and would begin moving to his 'date'. Or at least what he thought was a date that he was set up on by some others in the Main branch. Yamanaka's or something. He didnt pry about people's backgrounds, he just secretly took their paperwork and looked for himself.

Though, he didnt have time to do his research so he was going into this completely blind. Looking at the clothing he had readily available for leisure time, he was quite dissapointed in himself, he had armor... Armor... Armor... Gadgets... more armor... and one solid black jumpsuit. Though, the suit wasnt all that bad... it was mostly used for working out but he could manage something with it. Taking it and only using the bottoms he would rush off to the market and would go buy himself a decent shirt. As time rolled on he would pay off the lady at the market and would wear a nice fitting button down top, black with his emblem on the front. He was feeling good... thought he was looking good and all that he needed now was to make it to his date, and with how well he had been getting things done he wasnt even late. . .

However, when he came across the spot he was told to sit and wait or that she would be waiting for him at... his date that is, he found it to be the same woman he'd met in ANBU. So, secret lives intertwine... but his face... she, was quite the looker, not much up top but he wasnt one to care about novelty items such as that. Form fitting, graceful, she looked great. 'Hm, this is going to be interesting... two leaders going out on a date? Will there be a power struggle?', oh well, he fixed his features and made his approach from behind placing a hand on the table and smiling brightly.

"Oooh~ Look at you Lady Hakuren~? Mind if I sit with you?", he'd wait to see how she responded to this gesture, the coy 'Maybe this will be better than my actual date. . .' was what he was going for, but he would come out with it after too long.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Tamashii was not fooling anyone. His gaze looked directly at her table as soon as he entered the restaurant area. Being in her nervous state she was highly aware of these things. Not to mention there was two empty tables around her, so there is no need for him to sit at her two person table for any other reason. Hakuren shakes her head and laughs. Boy does her sister know how to pick them. If she only knew that the two of them worked together with the same position. Well it could has been worse. If he was a step above or below, the word favoritism is likely to be thrown around.

Hakuren gives a hand gesture motioning him to take a seat. "Go right ahead my dear." Hakuren gives a glance over to the waitress and getting the message she goes into the kitchen. Hakuren had a little surprise for her date. "So Tamashii-san, it has occurred to me that I never did give you my other name the last time we met." Of course she is speaking about her anbu code name, but she did not want to be blatantly obvious out here in public. "Out of curiosity, would perchance know the relationship between chakra and enlightenment?" Hakuren's codename was the last step, but simply saying it will have no meaning unless one knows what its meaning is.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Chuckling a bit to himself, he would sit and take his spot in front of Hakuren. At least this was something that coudlnt and shouldnt be looked and frowned upon. Though it didnt seem like his coy entrance was grand enough. Either way he didnt mind this, it was nice... The breeze wasnt heavy. It allowed him to truly get a glimpse of Hakuren. She was... quite the looker in her little black dress, it defined her curves and allowed a nice cover over her small frame. Tama seemed to be smiling widely as he thought of the nice things that could come out of this. If anything he could have a new friend, someone to talk to. They were on the same level, and maybe if things turned out really good he would be able to fully embrace Konoha as his official home. Living in a nomads mindset he would only stay here and protect this place until his job was done... or he was given free roam to come and go as he pleased. Iwa was never home for him... But it was for his family. So he respected it that much.

Other name? Thinking for a moment he'd eye left and right, looking to see if there was anyone in the distance close off. He didnt hear anything behind him and no one had passed him, he wasnt one for being keen to talk about things of this nature out in public... But then again what if Hakuren was an exotic dancer outside of ANBU? They all had their double lives... and what if that was the other name she meant. As if he knew she was a dancer... or maybe this was her way of coming out about it... being forefront about everything, could Tamashii date an exotic dancer? He wasnt too sure, she would likely bring in more money than him being that their salary was the same. He didnt do anything but gate duty outside of ANBU so...

"Eh, Chakra and enlightenment? I was always told as a child growing up, when the first humans figured out how to use chakra it was their elevated level of awareness that allowed for jutsu to be cultivated. So I would believe the relationship that the two share would be one being granted a higher state of Zen. Though, these were teachings I got from spiritual priests. Though, this begs the question, is your other name relevant to your enlightenment and chakra Yamanaka-san?", he leaned forward in the midst of thought, his mind was now racing dissecting her words trying to figure out a meaning to it all. What else was he taught as a child those year ago? Could there be something he was missing?

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“But there are several steps to achieving this higher state of being.” Soon the waitress returns with a three layer bento box normally used for panics. The Waitress neatly lays each layer on the table separately so one can grab what they wanted. Contained within was a feast enough for three: sliced salmon, fried chicken, fried shrimp, chicken sauté, hamburger, fried eggs, small tomatoes, fried potato, rice omelets and rice balls. What Tamashii did not realize is that this was all made from Hakuren. Hakuren wanted to make this more of a picnic, but she rather sit at a table than on the ground. She might have went a little overboard on the food. She was nervous and was not sure what to make so she just started cooking and kept going.

“Let us start at the beginning. Chakra flows through the body like a creek. There are several pools where the water swirls around before flowing on. These pools are our chakra gates. If life was perfect one’s chakra would flow pure and clear. However, life is messy, and things tend to fall in; thus hindering the flow of energy. By clearing the mess one can open their gates and gain access to a larger reservoir of energy they did not know they had. There are several gates within the body. Each pool of energy has a purpose, and can be blocked by a specific kind of emotional muck.” Hakuren was starting to feel like some sort of teacher right now. It is a shame they don’t teach these sort of things now a days at the academy. True enlightenment is a goal few choice to follow, but the knowledge is still valuable. "My codename is the last pool one must clear to achieve enlightenment: Sahasrāra"

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Simply put, what started out as a blind date became a lecture? Eh, who cared. He wanted to get to know more about Hakuren anyways, and what better way than to talk about something she obviously felt comfortable with... Something to help break that ice? Things actually didnt even start off awkward and that in it of itself was quite intriguing. Though, they seemed to sit on the same level... she had some ideals when it came to the Hachimon Gates. Tamashii had a run in with these a long time ago... while he was still in the academy. A 'prodigy child' seemed to rise above the ranks. Blowing everyone out of the water in terms of physical applications and testing. Moved to Chuunin right out of the Academy and was the leader of Tama's initial team. A thirteen year old, leading twelve year olds... It wasnt good. Always throwing around his weight... Needless to say Tamashii did not enjoy it. Even in the leader's death... As he thought he could use all gates and no strategy... Tamashii was able to, before his untimely death, outclass him in several personal spars. It wasnt fun. . . but it was his introduction to it.

Though, now he was learning about the ability to awaken those gates? His chakra was so sporadic could he evencontrol that much more chakra flowing through his system? Hell, it couldnt be that bad. He would just be learning about them for now right? It was an interesting idea to say the least... His Pyrokinetics with The power of the gates? He might be on par with Umashi with that... Who knew. "Aye, Each gate releases even more power and chakra throughout the body... I've seen them in practice... but that was when I was in the academy, they were never explained as you explain them now.", though with that he would consider this to be something that she might have been angelic in prophetic enlightenment to him. Was this going to be how he got to that next level? Was this his blessing for ridding Jashin from his life?

"One... thats a beautiful name, and Two. . . You seem to be versed in terms of knowledge of even harnessing these Pools of pure enlightenment, I'm intrigued, how did you come about such information... And are you putting it into practice yourself?", if she was putting it into practice maybe he would be able to learn more directly, seeing it in practice in his elder age. Who knew though... But he was definitely soaking everything she said like a sponge. His Thirst for knowledge overwhelmed his hunger for food as the food would be placed in front of them. HIs mind was completely on Hakuren, his eyes never even looked down at the food... Weird.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren takes her chopsticks and grabs a fried potato. "Let me guess, the power went to their head and they became really arrogant." She then plops the potato into her mouth and chews it as she awaits Tamashii's response. "That is likely from forcing their gates open." She grabs another piece of fried potato. "It is a short cut that is ultimately self-destructive and I do NOT recommend it." Hakuren tone seemed a little bitter on the topic as if the idea of taking such shortcuts were offensive to her. She then chomps onto the fried potato and chews it emphatically. She blames such people for the reason this technique is forbidden in many countries.

Hakuren takes a deep breath and calms down. This was a date and thus no place to be angry at people that are not even present. Hakuren did notice that this date was starting to look more like a class with her the teacher. However Tamashii hung on her every word with great interest. She could not help but smile as she realizes he finds her interesting. Most people would find such topics boring, but he did not. "Many in my family tree has put it into practice with various outcomes." Some died while most never made it to the end. She did not want to discourage him so she remains silent on that fact. "As for myself personally, no I have not went through the process. However if you are interested, I would be willing to do it with you." It was now her turn to hang on his words to see if he is willing to go on an adventure with her. It will be a journey of self discovery.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Yes, and arrogance was his downfall, which led to the text that he was using to unlock the power to be hidden away, but gaining power in such a way is not how I wish to be remembered...", nodding and picking up a set of chopsticks he realized he never fully learned how to eat with them. So he took one stick and jabbed a slice of chicken and began to make a kabob out of the food before him bit by bit. There were many things that came to mind with this, but he was enjoying himself. An evident smile never left his resting face even in tracing thoughts. It was a delightful day to say the least, and with his focus being completely on Hakuren he didnt even let his eyes deter from her as people walked on by.

". . .", his mind halted. He stared at Hakuren mid chew, before swallowing the entire piece of chicken, "Uhm, You. . .You're offering me the chance to. . . Even begin the road to enlightenment? Its something... I thought would never be presented to me. Being that the type of shinobi I am... is... different from the rest." nodding off he would smile warmly, thinking for a moment. Was this some sort of test? Heck maybe this would be a chance to know Hakuren better. He was amazed already at her words. Gullible to the thoughts that she'd put in him as he was quite trusting at the moment, but something could be brewing in the back of his mind. How convenient was this? This was definitely a turn of events that he would never have seen, because two ANBU Captains coming together in this 'blind date'? Who could have set this up?

". . .Is there something you want in return? Something I can do for you if you take me on this trip? I dont want to take advantage of your doings?", HIs mind sat still in this moment. Wondering what would happen next...

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren gives Tamashii a confused look as he asked if she wanted something in return. She was unsure why anybody would think she would want some kind of payment for such things considering what she is. Then suddenly a light bulb went off in her head. She hammers a fist into her empty palm as she comes to a realization. "That's right you never saw me in my usual attire have you?" Today she was in a black dress and last time she met him she was wearing the white robes of the Anbu Captain. "I'm a shrine priestess to a local shrine dedicated to the search of enlightenment. A donation to the shrine would be appropriate." Besides it would not be her that he should be paying but the deity she will beseech to guide them on their journey. Her shrine had four deities and they did not always agree to guide people. Guardian spirits of the shrine like them are often picky, but considering Hakuren made a pack with one, she believes she can get Kojoro to do it.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"No I have not. Though you said you're a shrine priestess. So, I'd assume you wear a nice kimono and headdress? I could be wrong... I'm still getting used to the customs of Konoha...", he'd chuckle as he bit down on a piece of chicken. then chewing a bit on it before swallowing he'd nod, this was definitely something he was ready to do. "Are you going to be partaking in this journey with me... directly? Or is it going to be some sort of psycho therapy session where I lay in a pool of water? I'm excited but quite intrigued all the same.", his eyes would wander looking deeper intot he amethyst orbs of Hakuren. He wanted to rip her clot-... it was best to be pure during this. So he would cough for a moment even thinking his thoughts could be read by her somehow, so he cleared the air... with those awkward coughs.

"Well, how does it work? Whats the procedure. . .? Could you. . . explain that much before we go about this?" his eyes almost glossy from anticipation. HIs heart was racing a bit thinking that he could redeem himself greatly in the eyes of the deities above for his wrongs. For that little girl that he kil-.. no sacrificed for his own gain. Her face forever etched in his brain from those evil-doings that he'd done in the past... the crazy demon that was attached to his life. That took everything from him. However, he was done... and now he was walking to the light. To the road of redemption.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren tilts her head slightly while trying to figure out what he was talking about. She does not recall a headdress being a part of a traditional priestess attire. Did the priestesses in the jade temple do such things? Hakuren does not believe so. Wait he said he was knew to leaf culture, so was this a stone village thing? Hakuren did hear they had shaman priestesses there. "No, we wear a pair of red hakama and a white haori. Is that what shaman’s wears? What is the headdress like?" Somehow Hakuren imagines a headdress with animal bones and feathers; something tribal looking. She was most likely stereotyping them and should be ashamed of such thoughts, but the lack of knowledge naturally leads to these type of conclusions.

A chill runs down her spine as she feels him strip her with his eyes. Instinctively she leans back in her chair in some sort of retreat, but then she looks at him. She wonders what he looks like naked. She begins in envision her hands stroking though his soft black hair, guiding down his neck and cresting his strong arms. As if stand behind him she imagines her own arms drape over his shoulders has her fingers walk across his chest. Being that he was a more of a physical fighting type shinobi than her, she could imagine him having some nice muscles underneath that shirt. His body would be fit, but not bulky. Her eyes begin to wonder down his body, but quickly moves back up to meet eye contact after hitting the table. She then pretends that she did not do that just now and hopes to the four gods that he did not notice.

She clears her throat, “Y-yes I’ll be doing this with you directly.” She pauses for a moment as she tries to figure out just how she would explain it to him. “No it’s more like lucid dreaming.” Dream walking is a practice amongst the members of her shrine. The shrine is completely ran by Yamanaka and the technique they are known for is a type of possession. Naturally possessing someone while they are sleeping would allow the Yamanaka to interact with the person in their dreams. “It doesn’t require anything special. In fact we can do it here right now if you want.”

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Surmise enough to say things were somewhat odd, he was giddy about this potential. To increase his own potential. To find out new things about himself and Hakuren. However, he caught himself in a moment. He'd jumped his own gun. And maybe with a second or two he'd calm himself down. Coughing a bit and watching Hakuren's eyes... He noticed she was doing the same thing he'd been doing moments before. Was... was she into him? It caused his face to grow a hint of pink. Just a twinge though, barely noticeable. It even caused him to smile a bit. It caused his head to grow a bit too.. maybe if she wanted him the same way he wanted her things would be easier to get her to open up to him as he would undoubtedly do with her. If things worked out... He wouldnt have to look far for someone he could share everything with... Not trying to jump the gun but it would make things easier to get with another ANBU, that way they could help one another with missions... things they come across... they wouldnt have to hide things from one another for fear of gossip.

"Since you'll be doing it directly. I'd rather be somewhere more comfortable. That way I can clear my head and I wont have to be on the defense, I'm always prepared for a fight to break out... and I can never focus when I'm out in the open. I'm sure you understand being a shinobi as well, yes?", he'd nod not knowing she might've been talking about her Yamanaka abilities... then again he'd never encountered one. Nor had the pleasure of getting to know their abilities intimately. Though taking another bite of his makeshift kabob, smiling all the way he'd continue.

"So.. If you're okay with it... Would you want to go to my place? Or... To your shrine? Or anywhere where we can be near completely alone to calm my nerves?" and with that the ball was back in her court.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren did not fail to notice that he did not answer her question about the headdress and the shamans. Did he even hear about how she dresses here as a priestess. However before she could speak ill of his neglect to listen to her the music stops. The event that was going on in the resturaunt was a concert of sorts. Two shinobi of young age; yet to even come out of the academy. They sang a type of music Hakuren would never understand, but as they sang they dodged attacks from the shadows. Senbon and kunai flew through the air at the twins, but each one failed to touch there target. When the music stops as they conclude their song, all the memories of the clones that were dutied with the task to attack the twin with projectile weapons soaked in poison. Hakuren presses a hand to her temple as the memories of multiple sources flood into her mind. The show was quite the spectacle and once over the two student’s joyously run towards Hakuren's table. "Did you see us?" "How well did we do?"

Hakuren smiles, "Let me introduce Len and Rin." It was Tamashii that suggested that she and Kaji should take fresh students and mentor them personally. True she created them using a part of her own soul, but they were still entities apart from her. "They have an incredible knack for detecting targets from stealth." If Tamashii would look towards the stage he would see it littered with poisoned projectiles. She hopes he doesn't mind her doing a little multitasking. “You did very well you two. As a reward you can eat your fill." Hakuren gestures to the bentos on the table.

The kid’s eyes grow large as they gaze upon the food. "Really?" "Isn't this food meant for you?"

"Yes but we are leaving to the shrine and I would hate to see good food go to waste." There was no way she was going to his house for that was completely out of the question. Without a moment’s hesitation the two kids begin chowing down like it was their last. They did not bother with chopsticks for they just grabbed with their hands. "Now shall we get going? I will lead you the way.”

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Taking into accounts that Hakuren was someone well versed, even enough to be a Captain of ANBU like he was, he would take her ideals to heart. She knew what she was doing and she knew how things could be done. She wouldnt lie to a fellow ANBU leader, unless there was something hinged on her brain that she needed to hide. However, how open she was about this, he didnt feel like she would be hiding anything at all. So, with a pinch of salt he would take his idle thoughts and he'd grab a hamburger before going to respond to something he'd neglected to previously, "What is a Hak-...", but before he'd be able to fully speak, he'd turn as Hakuren's direction would be led away from their table.

Two twin girls? Boys? Or maybe a boy and a girl? Hm, Who knew... they finished a very peculiar song, before trotting over to the table. They seemed to knew Hakuren, and they also seemed to be quite great with the ways of some shinobi art. Tamashii was pleased to see these children amongst their ranks. On the up coming at the very least, he would nod. As this would be quite the scene to behold, They liked Hakuren... even wanted her opinion. "Heh, you both sing quite well... and are good at shinobi art... It seems you've had a good teacher?", turning with a smirk to Hakuren, almost looking proud of the woman. It was... cute to him that these two were so endearing to Hakuren. It meant alot to him that the generation behind him looked up to his generation for guidance. Something that Hakuren was providing... maybe.

"Oi oi! I... actually dont know the way to the shrine from here... Still getting acclimated to the village in some aspects, since I've join Konoha I've been working near non-stop.", though, he'd remembered people speaking about a shrine... so as he'd stand Tama would bow to the children, before waving and guiding Hakuren up with his hand... offering it to her so he could assist her to stand. One of the few things Tama was taught by his mother in terms of chivalry. Always making yourself available for a woman to see you're trying to take care of her even in simple acts. It didnt work all the time, but maybe it would this time? Who knew...

[Topic Left w/ Hakuren when she leaves]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It didn’t work all the time, but this time it did. Hakuren smiles appreciating the gesture and takes his hand. After helping her out of her seat, the two kids quickly fill the now empty chairs. With Tama’s hand still in her own, “Then I shall guide you.” Holding hands she then takes him to the shrine.
[left topic]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back